Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was in the 46 on the porch and in the low 50s on the cable channel.

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/10/17/Arizona-man-sparks-trailer-fire-trying-to-burn-spider-webs/4641508251045/?utm_source=sec&utm_campaign=sl&utm_medium=9
    Arizona man sparks trailer fire trying to burn spider webs
    By Daniel Uria | Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:08 AM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-17/smartphones-are-killing-americans-but-nobody-s-counting
    Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
    Amid a historic spike in U.S. traffic fatalities, federal data on the danger of distracted driving are getting worse.
    By Kyle Stock, Lance Lambert, and David Ingold, October 17, 2017, 4:00 AM EDT

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-4988598/Americans-soon-need-passport-domestic-flights.html
    Why residents in some American states may soon need a passport for domestic air travel
    By James Draper For Mailonline, Published: 10:09 EDT, 17 October 2017 | Updated: 14:18 EDT, 18 October 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-4987834/The-CARDBOARD-houses-built-one-day.html
    The world's most luxurious CARDBOARD BOXES revealed: These recyclable shelters can be constructed in one day and last 100 years - and yours for just £26,617
    By Sadie Whitelocks for MailOnline, Published: 06:52 EDT, 17 October 2017 | Updated: 14:49 EDT, 17 October 2017

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/09/27/Idaho-squirrel-caused-grass-fire-by-knocking-down-electrical-wire/4151506522209/?st_rec=4641508251045
    Odd News
    Idaho squirrel caused grass fire by knocking down electrical wire

By Daniel Uria | Sept. 27, 2017 at 11:01 AM

https://apnews.com/83f680a2337445feb1bf3467b9defad4/Police:-Man-sprays-foul-smelling-brown-liquid-on-produce

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,692 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

58 out there now with an expected high of 76 and 10% chance of rain.

We were up and out quite late last night and I had turned into a pumpkin by the time I got to bed.

Lilo did insist on being let out of the bedroom at 6:00 but kindly let me go back to sleep then until shortly after 8:00 so I feel like I may have just barely slept enough.

Still need to fold that laundry that is still in the dryer. And I need to empty the dishwasher, clear the sink, and feed the feline fiends.

Lilo is on a longer course of yet a different antibiotic as there was still bacteria in her urine. We think perhaps small stones that are invisible to x-ray, or, possibly, some kind of other issue, but we'll try this and see. She's had her one antibiotic pill that she gets for today.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Maybe that squirrel was trying to kill a spider, when he started the fire with the downed electric wire!

I have been concerned with the amount of distracted driving myself. I do not talk on my phone while driving. I do not even look to see who is calling, or answer. It can wait until I get there. Thus I can keep a more alert eye on all those *kitten* idiots out there who are texting, yacking on the phone, doing their nails, or anything else but pay attention to their driving, and do my best to stay out of their way!

I find it almost amusing that all those lax states had plenty of time to meet the federal regulations and even had extensions allowing them additional time. While I feel bad for the residents, I have to ask, who voted in (and usually kept in) the same "leadership" in the state that fumbled the ball?

It's hard to envision a cardboard "box" that will last 100 years (assuming no high winds?) or paying such a high price to sit, like a cat, in a cardboard box, no matter how luxurious. Very interesting article though.

I guess we'll reach a point where we all have to be strip searched to go shopping. Might not be a bad thing either...as long as we don't have to see each other get strip searched.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Happy to say the new microwave just successfully reheated my cup of coffee! :)
    It arrived safe and sound, partially because I have very good neighbors. USPS set it right in front of my garage door, which is dead center if you're coming up my street...but my neighbor saw it, and had her daughter put it on my porch...so it was still here when I got home from Emory. It was not so much heavy as it was bulky and hard to get a grip on...so moved it into the house on my dolly, and then in the middle of the living room got the actual box out of the big brown box...etc, etc It works almost exactly like my old one so practically no learning curve there!
    Hi Valerie
    A good neighbor is priceless.

Just curious, is the new one the same wattage as the old Microwave ?
    I know I would have to learn new timing if we had to replace the old 700 watt one currently used here.
    Who'd have thunk it....Spam a prime target for thieves??? Not being a fan of Spam it just makes me shake my head!!
    Speaking of shaking my head...Roger asked me a question the other day, and I knew the answer, just forgot to respond.
    You asked about my friend Marietta's hearing loss after her plane trip from Dallas to ATL...not common, but also not exactly rare. Yesterday M said her nurse told her of one of the eye docs who lost his hearing !!in the middle of a surgery procedure!!. I expect someone else finished the surgery, as the now deaf doc took himself to the hearing department at Emory, and was diagnosed with this virus and the auditory nerve..(same as M's diagnoses), then there was another person in that area come in had the same problem.
    Viruses are weird and 'mean' little bugs!! M and I had fun...they only lasered one of her eyes... so between us we had three working ears, and 3 working eyes... getting older is sure a bundle of fun?? :)

I'm going to get moving...hair cut and then afternoon with Ted. And should I not get back, Nate has a hockey game tomorrow (Sunday) morning. I think I have Monday 'free???" I sure hope, somebody needs to be cooking and cleaning around here! LOL!!

Later...

Live and learn re: Spam

FWIW In My oh so humble opinion Getting older beats the only currently possible alternative :)

Thank You for the feedback on the hearing loss, Who Knew, Not me.

Good Luck with the Chores and at the Hockey Game
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

58 out there now with an expected high of 76 and 10% chance of rain.

We were up and out quite late last night and I had turned into a pumpkin by the time I got to bed.

Lilo did insist on being let out of the bedroom at 6:00 but kindly let me go back to sleep then until shortly after 8:00 so I feel like I may have just barely slept enough.

Still need to fold that laundry that is still in the dryer. And I need to empty the dishwasher, clear the sink, and feed the feline fiends.

Lilo is on a longer course of yet a different antibiotic as there was still bacteria in her urine. We think perhaps small stones that are invisible to x-ray, or, possibly, some kind of other issue, but we'll try this and see. She's had her one antibiotic pill that she gets for today.
    Hi Ed
    Good Luck with Your chores and hopefully the New Antibiotic works with Lilo.
    Maybe that squirrel was trying to kill a spider, when he started the fire with the downed electric wire!

I have been concerned with the amount of distracted driving myself. I do not talk on my phone while driving. I do not even look to see who is calling, or answer. It can wait until I get there. Thus I can keep a more alert eye on all those *kitten* idiots out there who are texting, yacking on the phone, doing their nails, or anything else but pay attention to their driving, and do my best to stay out of their way!

I find it almost amusing that all those lax states had plenty of time to meet the federal regulations and even had extensions allowing them additional time. While I feel bad for the residents, I have to ask, who voted in (and usually kept in) the same "leadership" in the state that fumbled the ball?

It's hard to envision a cardboard "box" that will last 100 years (assuming no high winds?) or paying such a high price to sit, like a cat, in a cardboard box, no matter how luxurious. Very interesting article though.

I guess we'll reach a point where we all have to be strip searched to go shopping. Might not be a bad thing either...as long as we don't have to see each other get strip searched.
    I used to only comment and worry about Sunday Drivers, Now There are distracted drivers all over the place 7 days a week :(

The Great (So to speak) American Public complains about what is happening and still keeps voting in the same people on the basis as I see it that "All politicians are bad except mine", So it is hard to feel bad for them.

Well looking at the wall structure it appears that the Cardboard is protected from the elements and has structure to allow things to be hung on the walls. I suspect that all bets are off if the roof leaks and water gets to the cardboard and I also suspect it will burn pretty quick too.

strip searched to go shopping, I sure hope not, I need to get in even better shape for that. OTOH it could drive more people to lose weight :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Oops, I think I re-posted the same news so here is new news.

Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was in the 46 on the porch and in the low 50s on the cable channel.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/scranton-man-charged-with-choking-woman-over-ipad-passcode-1.2257428
    Scranton man charged with choking woman over iPad passcode
    STAFF REPORT / Published: October 20, 2017

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-massachusetts-meningitis/pharmacists-deadly-choices-sparked-u-s-meningitis-outbreak-prosecutors-idUSKBN1CP18U
    Pharmacist's 'deadly' choices sparked U.S. meningitis outbreak: prosecutors
    October 20, 2017 / 10:29 AM / Updated 19 hours ago, By Nate Raymond

http://news.trust.org/item/20171020050722-gq4hu
    Short on staff: Nursing crisis strains U.S. hospitals
    by Reuters, Friday, 20 October 2017 05:00 GMT, By Jilian Mincer

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-moodys-hartford-warning-20171019-story.html
    Moody's Warns of 'Likely' Hartford Default, Decades of Deficits Ahead
    By Matthew Ormseth, October 19, 2017

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/20/keepers-warn-bee-mageddon-france-authorises-controversial-insecticide/
    Keepers warn of 'bee-mageddon' after France authorises controversial insecticide
    By Henry Samuel, Paris, 20 October 2017 • 4:20pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-4967624/Damaged-A380-flown-France-investigate-engine-blast.html
    Revealed: The VERY tricky mission facing Air France to rescue its damaged A380 from a military base in Canada
    James Draper For Mailonline, Published: 15:35 EDT, 10 October 2017 | Updated: 03:02 EDT, 17 October 2017

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I started reading the news clips, cartoons, etc, and got so irate over the use of sulfoxaflor . We are such dumb dora's...we'll kill off all the bees, and over half of the fruit and veg. plants....for what?? a perfect piece of fruit or veg?. ...so Dow Chemical can make a buck??? Folks We Cannot Eat Dow Chemical....
    Great hockey game this morning, and had to stop at Kroger on the way home, OR Tom E would have no dinner tonite. :( Well, I also picked up some other things...like $72 bucks to checkout, which DID include the cats food. I think though I may very well not need to go back to a grocery til after Halloween...except to buy some spooky candy for little goblins. :)

Meanwhile several of the articles and cartoons had me laughing!
    News is on....and Rain is on its way! We very much need it.

Time to go...

Later...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    oh, Roger...you asked if the micro has the same wattage as my old one..
    Yep, it does! The key pads are a bit smaller, and simpler, than the old one, which I like, and the oven size itself is the same size, though it appears a bit smaller, because the inside is gray. I thought that was quite odd for the oven interior, but talking with Jenn's Mom during the hockey game, and the inside of hers is blue with white speckles like old porcelain dish ware, cups, etc...Now THAT is unusual...I think?

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

68 out there now and not expected to get any warmer. We have reached the high for the day. 100% chance of morning showers, which I can verify.

Laundry is finally folded. Sink is cleared. Cats and I have been fed.

• parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    Options
  • RogerToo
    Options
    swdgwK.jpg
    XiXxtW.jpg

0KBs1z.jpg

fKcWLW.jpg

OQHWKg.jpg

Qb5qzb.jpg
    I think You flooded the engine

wqWTNq.png
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was in the 59 on the porch and in the low 65 on the cable channel and felt more humid as well a lot warmer than yesterday.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article179891631.html
    New Battle of the Alamo is brewing over Texas shrine revamp
    Associated Press, October 20, 2017 5:08 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/21/us/politics/trump-jfk-assassination-classified.html
    Trump Says He Will Release Final Set of Documents on Kennedy Assassination
    By MICHAEL D. SHEAROCT. 21, 2017

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-20/this-14-7-atlanta-home-with-bunker-said-to-be-safest-in-america
    This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
    By Sara Clemence, October 20, 2017, 3:39 PM EDT

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/10/20/listening-podcast-running-could-harm-performance/
    Why listening to a podcast while running could harm performance
    By Sarah Knapton, Science Editor - 20 October 2017 • 7:00pm

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/No-valuables-sign-car-break-san-francisco-window-12288571.php
    Does placing a 'no valuables inside' sign in a car window deter break-ins?
    Car burglaries are at epidemic levels in San Francisco

By Mike Moffitt, SFGATE Updated 9:18 am, Friday, October 20, 2017
    "Source: my BMW was broken into 6-8 times in 2011-2013 in my neighborhood where I parked it nightly, and has been broken into zero times since 2013 when I started putting a sign in my window."

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Ok, so I started reading the news clips, cartoons, etc, and got so irate over the use of sulfoxaflor . We are such dumb dora's...we'll kill off all the bees, and over half of the fruit and veg. plants....for what?? a perfect piece of fruit or veg?. ...so Dow Chemical can make a buck??? Folks We Cannot Eat Dow Chemical....
    Great hockey game this morning, and had to stop at Kroger on the way home, OR Tom E would have no dinner tonite. :( Well, I also picked up some other things...like $72 bucks to checkout, which DID include the cats food. I think though I may very well not need to go back to a grocery til after Halloween...except to buy some spooky candy for little goblins. :)

Meanwhile several of the articles and cartoons had me laughing!
    News is on....and Rain is on its way! We very much need it.

Time to go...

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Pesticides have been controversial going back to DDT or maybe before that ?

$72, Wow You spendthrift.
    I am surprised at the cost of some of the Atlanta homes depending on location after reading the news article I linked. I am sure that is nowhere near You :)

Rain in the forecast for Tonight into tomorrow :(
    oh, Roger...you asked if the micro has the same wattage as my old one..
    Yep, it does! The key pads are a bit smaller, and simpler, than the old one, which I like, and the oven size itself is the same size, though it appears a bit smaller, because the inside is gray. I thought that was quite odd for the oven interior, but talking with Jenn's Mom during the hockey game, and the inside of hers is blue with white speckles like old porcelain dish ware, cups, etc...Now THAT is unusual...I think?
    I remember using porcelain ware colored like that. OTOH Your gray and the Blue with white speckles sounds nice looking that the Plastic interior of my Microwave.

Stay Dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

68 out there now and not expected to get any warmer. We have reached the high for the day. 100% chance of morning showers, which I can verify.

Laundry is finally folded. Sink is cleared. Cats and I have been fed.
    Hi Ed
    It looks like the Sun is trying to break through the overcast for a last hurrah before the clouds that are forecast for today arrive.
    I'm showing 69 degrees on the Porch and in this room currently. That is a Semi Comfortable temperature
    Wok Fried Peanut Butter
    Alton Brown has created some Nice Recipes. My Brother likes and uses his Fruit Cake Recipe and it is about time to order all the Fruits needed. They need to be baked ahead so that they have time to soak up the Booze they get a periodic spraying with.

Fried Peanut Butter OTOH, I'm not sure if I want to try that.
    MUSTARD cake?
    And it looks like a delicious Carrot Cake :( If I bit into it I think I would be disappointed

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    MUSTARD cake?
    And it looks like a delicious Carrot Cake :( If I bit into it I think I would be disappointed

Cheers
    Roger

Well, from her description it sounds like it tasted just like a delicious carrot cake too. The mustard seemed a bit superfluous.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    MUSTARD cake?

Cheers
    Roger

Well, from her description it sounds like it tasted just like a delicious carrot cake too. The mustard seemed a bit superfluous.
    Hi Ed
    I am not a fan of anything Mustard with one minor exception. I do not mind and sort of like a touch of mustard along with the ketchup on burgers.
    Just as I do not use Peppers and fish them out of the NS entrees that have them in them. That is the reason I think I will pass on tasting the Two new Chipotle Dinner Entrees.

Cheers
    Roger