Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,706 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 46 out there now with an expected high of only 68 and 0% chance of rain.

I did get to Aldi yesterday, but realized when I got there I'd forgotten my phone! So I just winged it, and managed to get all the critical stuff from memory. So I got the paper towels, potatoes, and onions that I knew for SURE I needed, and got a pound of deli thin-sliced Black Forest ham, and some Swiss cheese slices, and a loaf of 45 cal/slice whole grain, high fiber bread. That can provide me with sandwiches for a while. Probably at least until I get tired of ham sandwiches. LOL.

Then a few "this and that" kind of things. I did peruse the fruit but nothing called out to me, aside from a brief conversation with a bag of small honeycrisp apples, but the apples and I decided that the bag was too many apples and I'd get tired of them before the sugar gliders and I ate them all. So the apples stayed at Aldi, to hopefully go home with someone else.

I did buy a very small pumpkin creme cake. Yes, I was bad, and I went before lunch. But I'm cutting it into very small pieces too. J and I both had a slice last night, but the tiny cake is being cut into 8 slices, each about the right size for a diabetic dessert. I can live with that.

Today need to call about setting up a followup for Lilo at the vet, to make sure that all that Clavamox killed her uti entirely. We also need to discuss the Adequan shots, that do seem to be helping her mobility a lot, though she is still having a muscle spasm in the right rear quarter that is bothersome. I don't think the Adequan can help with that spasm, as I don't think the spasm necessarily has anything to do with her arthritis.

I've eaten. The cats have eaten. The sink has been cleared. Now to find some interesting videos...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    Options
    GIRL SCOUTS CEREAL? I suspect it's not made from real Girl Scouts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e6rBhDGVvE
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Haven't watched this yet, but I'm seriously hoping this guy doesn't poison himself with all these old MRE things he's excavating...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YieLNwaI1uo
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 41 degrees on the porch and 43 degrees on the cable channel. I pulled the Hoodie out of the closet today and I plugged the batteries back into the heated gloves. one ran out 1/2 way through the walk and the other at about 80% of the walk :(
    I turned one the heat to test today and since the Main floor was at 62 degrees.

The Plumber was scheduled for 10AM to Noon and arrived around 11:15 to clear the clogged Kitchen / Bathtub drain. All the other drains are OK. the cost was OK, I had visions of $$$ flying away and it was not that bad :)

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    0N6E0a.png

BVbOGY.png
    Shagged out Squirrel

regurt.jpg

aqRKp4.jpg
    Today's Macaroni and Cheese Entree

F5ggns.jpg

Es734J.png

VpRZ7M.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 46 out there now with an expected high of only 68 and 0% chance of rain.

I did get to Aldi yesterday, but realized when I got there I'd forgotten my phone! So I just winged it, and managed to get all the critical stuff from memory. So I got the paper towels, potatoes, and onions that I knew for SURE I needed, and got a pound of deli thin-sliced Black Forest ham, and some Swiss cheese slices, and a loaf of 45 cal/slice whole grain, high fiber bread. That can provide me with sandwiches for a while. Probably at least until I get tired of ham sandwiches. LOL.

Then a few "this and that" kind of things. I did peruse the fruit but nothing called out to me, aside from a brief conversation with a bag of small honeycrisp apples, but the apples and I decided that the bag was too many apples and I'd get tired of them before the sugar gliders and I ate them all. So the apples stayed at Aldi, to hopefully go home with someone else.

I did buy a very small pumpkin creme cake. Yes, I was bad, and I went before lunch. But I'm cutting it into very small pieces too. J and I both had a slice last night, but the tiny cake is being cut into 8 slices, each about the right size for a diabetic dessert. I can live with that.

Today need to call about setting up a followup for Lilo at the vet, to make sure that all that Clavamox killed her uti entirely. We also need to discuss the Adequan shots, that do seem to be helping her mobility a lot, though she is still having a muscle spasm in the right rear quarter that is bothersome. I don't think the Adequan can help with that spasm, as I don't think the spasm necessarily has anything to do with her arthritis.

I've eaten. The cats have eaten. The sink has been cleared. Now to find some interesting videos...
    Hi Ed
    I suspect that I will run true to form and be undecided until it is to late to get a spot since there are 60 openings for the Paranormal night :)

I have been there and forgot things too, it happens.

You had some Pumpkin Creme Cake and I had some Carrot Cake two days in a row :(

Good Luck with Lilo
    GIRL SCOUTS CEREAL? I suspect it's not made from real Girl Scouts...
    And Loaded with a lot of sugar :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Its been a day. All day.....
    My phone alarm kept going off and I'd 'snooze' it..for over half an hour...Got dressed, needed to actually 'cook' something for breakfast, cuz this house was COLD! (actually it was 73 I think), and I was freezing..so I tossed a potato into the microwave, got the gravy from the refrigerator, grabbed a banana. Decided the potato needed another minute or two in the microwave....and the microwave was in a coma. Clock worked, and I could set the cook time for 2 minutes...close the door, and nothing would happen....no little atoms bashing into my potato. Ate it as it was, and took off for Little Doc's office. Had a short wait, and then the weigh, measure height, check my pulse, etc.....finally saw Little Doc...you remember those two shrimp meals I had at the beach???? well everything was still ok..except the LDL was high, and my total Chol was still barely ok...(squeaked that one under the line by 2 points!!! Ohhhhh!) Came home and researched microwaves...ended up getting the one I wanted, but had to order it thru Amazon...Prime member, so no shipping charges, and they will deliver it Friday. Home Depot also had the one I wanted, but delivery wasn't going to happen for over a week...noooooo wayyy!
    Oh, I also went to the gym...
    So that was my day...chatted with Jack...he had stories to tell about him and Nate and their weekend camping trip!!! LOL!!!!!

Ed...That poor kid in that 50's film...it reminded me of some of the other 'movies' we 'got' to watch in grammar school. I was waiting to see poor Bill was dead from his 'GOOD' breakfast etc...Since I wasn't particularly fond of breakfast I surely didn't have to eat all that for breakfast!

Roger, every one of those cartoons were great! I laughed over them all!
    I'm heading to bed...its warm under my covers...and tomorrow is seeing my Chiro in Decatur, and I'm ready for a good long sleep...then I'll probably stop at Whole Foods Mid-Town, and pick up some of my fav. Tofu....I'll have to reheat it in the toaster oven...not having a microwave is a major inconvenience! :)

Later...

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 46 out there now with an expected high of 70 and no chance of rain.

I've been up for quite a while but distracted by the usuals. Dishwasher is running now.

Probably laundry to do today.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Lets start off today cooking some campfire pumpkins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFFxPVfJNXQ
  • parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    Options
    2010 Republic of China Taiwan MRE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m6KgJT20fM
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning + 3 cents. The temperature this morning was 42 degrees on the porch and 45 degrees on the cable channel.
    While I was walking I noticed two deer heading across the street until they saw me on the side they were headed for. At that point they stopped in the middle of the street which stopped a car that had just turned onto the street until they reversed direction and headed back the way they had come :)

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/36530025/new-jerseys-2017-haunted-house-guide
    New Jersey's 2017 Haunted House Guide
    Posted: Oct 05, 2017 12:57 PM EST
    Updated: Oct 13, 2017 12:34 PM EST

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/local/article_d9e65356-b155-11e7-8634-7fcc67848f6d.html
    Worker grilled in theft of fajitas
    County DA’s office looks into missing $1.2M of purchases

Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 10:08 pm,By FRANK GARZA

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article178813586.html
    Miami politician says aliens took her on a spaceship. Now she’s running for Congress.
    By Alex Daugherty And Patricia Mazzei, October 16, 2017 7:00 AM

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/37916/
    [b Ahead of Halloween, universities nationwide tell students what not to wear [/b]
    Jennifer Kabbany - Fix Editor October 16, 2017

Who Knew
    http://newjersey.news12.com/
    Question of the Day
    10/17: It's National Pasta Day! What do you put on your pasta?
    "Sauce"
    "Gravy"

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    H3zb0N.jpg

6pPz7w.jpg
    Notice the cracks in the word, that has probably been there a while too :)

wPcMoo.jpg

G9v0Fw.jpg

XS28Ar.jpg

q6AD2O.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi!! Its been a day. All day.....
    My phone alarm kept going off and I'd 'snooze' it..for over half an hour...Got dressed, needed to actually 'cook' something for breakfast, cuz this house was COLD! (actually it was 73 I think), and I was freezing..so I tossed a potato into the microwave, got the gravy from the refrigerator, grabbed a banana. Decided the potato needed another minute or two in the microwave....and the microwave was in a coma. Clock worked, and I could set the cook time for 2 minutes...close the door, and nothing would happen....no little atoms bashing into my potato. Ate it as it was, and took off for Little Doc's office. Had a short wait, and then the weigh, measure height, check my pulse, etc.....finally saw Little Doc...you remember those two shrimp meals I had at the beach???? well everything was still ok..except the LDL was high, and my total Chol was still barely ok...(squeaked that one under the line by 2 points!!! Ohhhhh!) Came home and researched microwaves...ended up getting the one I wanted, but had to order it thru Amazon...Prime member, so no shipping charges, and they will deliver it Friday. Home Depot also had the one I wanted, but delivery wasn't going to happen for over a week...noooooo wayyy!
    Oh, I also went to the gym...
    So that was my day...chatted with Jack...he had stories to tell about him and Nate and their weekend camping trip!!! LOL!!!!!
    Hi Valerie
    This may be a stupid question, however here goes :)
    Did You try rebooting the Microwave, What I mean is pull the plug from the outlet for a minute and then plug back in and see if it now works?
    I had to do that with my brothers AC recently. He turned it off and the compressor kept running. I pulled the AC plug, plugged it back in and it was OK so far, Knock Wood :)
    I suspect that a fluctuation in the power may have crashed the microprocessor in it so it sort of worked.

Shrimp causes high LDL?
    In some ways it pays to be a prime member, I suspect that the shipping might have been higher than the months cost for it.

It sounds as if they had quite a trip if jack had stories to tell from it.
    Ed...That poor kid in that 50's film...it reminded me of some of the other 'movies' we 'got' to watch in grammar school. I was waiting to see poor Bill was dead from his 'GOOD' breakfast etc...Since I wasn't particularly fond of breakfast I surely didn't have to eat all that for breakfast!

Roger, every one of those cartoons were great! I laughed over them all!
    I'm heading to bed...its warm under my covers...and tomorrow is seeing my Chiro in Decatur, and I'm ready for a good long sleep...then I'll probably stop at Whole Foods Mid-Town, and pick up some of my fav. Tofu....I'll have to reheat it in the toaster oven...not having a microwave is a major inconvenience! :)

Later...
    I'm glad You enjoyed the cartoons.

If I said the house was cold this morning too, 62 degrees indoors :(
    Once I returned from my walking I have turned on the heat to warm things up, despite the forecast for highs in the low 70s for the next 5 days I did not want to wait. I shall turn it off later once the house warms up however.

At least You have an alternative to the Microwave that should work. Just curious have You ever used Your Toaster oven to do french fries, either frozen or from raw potatoes, if so how were they?

Thanks
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 46 out there now with an expected high of 70 and no chance of rain.

I've been up for quite a while but distracted by the usuals. Dishwasher is running now.

Probably laundry to do today.
    Hi Ed
    No rain in our forecast until Monday and that is not 100%.

You are within a degree or two of my forecast, What happened, I thought it was supposed to be warmer down south than up here in NJ.

I did the Laundry the other day, and since then I have noticed a couple of things I missed, Oops :(

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    I was always el hopaness romtic when I was younger, but I grew out of it. Mostly.

And I think maybe some alscohol was involved in that mis-painted road!

• parityanimal
    Options
    Valerie, I suspect the microwave problem was an issue with the control panel itself. If a certain part wears over time, RF interference can prevent the touch pad from working properly. Removal of the control panel and insertion of a small piece of aluminum foil can, in some cases, be a temporary fix. I kept an old microwave going for 6 more months with that trick once, but you have to know just where to put the foil and have a way of keeping it in place.

Eventually, of course, we did buy a new one, but we were able to put the expense off for a while. What can I say...I'm an aging nerd. :)

• RogerToo
    Options
    I was always el hopaness romtic when I was younger, but I grew out of it. Mostly.

And I think maybe some alscohol was involved in that mis-painted road!

Hi Ed
    I had to look at that one for a while to get what the hands were supposed to be saying, Talk about a fail :)

And someone got paid good money to paint it too.
    Valerie, I suspect the microwave problem was an issue with the control panel itself. If a certain part wears over time, RF interference can prevent the touch pad from working properly. Removal of the control panel and insertion of a small piece of aluminum foil can, in some cases, be a temporary fix. I kept an old microwave going for 6 more months with that trick once, but you have to know just where to put the foil and have a way of keeping it in place.

Eventually, of course, we did buy a new one, but we were able to put the expense off for a while. What can I say...I'm an aging nerd. :)
    Interesting, I had not hear of that happening. I had heard of Power supply problems or the Tube that generates the Microwaves going bad OTOH.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    http://newjersey.news12.com/story/36530025/new-jerseys-2017-haunted-house-guide
    New Jersey's 2017 Haunted House Guide
    Posted: Oct 05, 2017 12:57 PM EST
    Updated: Oct 13, 2017 12:34 PM EST

I love haunted houses!

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/local/article_d9e65356-b155-11e7-8634-7fcc67848f6d.html
    Worker grilled in theft of fajitas
    County DA’s office looks into missing $1.2M of purchases

Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 10:08 pm,By FRANK GARZA

Pretty nice side job there!

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article178813586.html
    Miami politician says aliens took her on a spaceship. Now she’s running for Congress.
    By Alex Daugherty And Patricia Mazzei, October 16, 2017 7:00 AM

Close Encounters of the Weird Kind?

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/37916/
    [b Ahead of Halloween, universities nationwide tell students what not to wear [/b]
    Jennifer Kabbany - Fix Editor October 16, 2017

Sounds to me like...just forget about dressing up as anything. Maybe they should all dress down as nudists for Halloween and see how the university likes that.

Who Knew
    http://newjersey.news12.com/
    Question of the Day
    10/17: It's National Pasta Day! What do you put on your pasta?
    "Sauce"
    "Gravy"

They forgot just olive oil, lemon and a bit of freshly ground pepper. And perhaps a nice sprinkle of cheese.