Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    So far my accomplishments for the day are Gym and grocery..(needed cilantro and a small tomato)..so as you can see my day is going very slowly, and about to get slower still..soon to be taking a nap!
    Its O's gym day, so there's that and getting the trash to the street...
    Should do it for this day.
    Enjoyed the cartoons this morning...and the fried beets. I may have to try that, sans the bacon grease. Maybe a spritz of spray oil, and some oven time would work?

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I have seen Them put sliced beets in a fryer to make a chip out of them on a cooking show FWIW.

To me it sounds as if You are getting things done.

Enjoy the gym day and Thanks for the feedback
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,724 Member
    Options
    What a novel idea. Hiding submarines in the sea!

:)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Cheeseless cheesecake?
    Hi Ed
    I think I will pass on Cheeseless Cheesecake.
    If I'm going to eat all those calories I want the real thing :)
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 70 out there now with an expected high of 79 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to get the clean dishes out of the dishwasher and put away and get the sink cleared into the dishwasher. But also need to get the cats fed, which will probably come first.

Possibly a trip to the grocery today.
    Lucky You, Out high is forecast to be in the mid 60s, Rain probably moving in tonight.
    Ditto for this one!
    Even the packaging on those two looked scary as far as eating the contents.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2017
    Options
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Made it out to the store but forgot to get potatoes. They hadn't made it to my shopping list and I didn't think of them. But I have some dehydrated potatoes if I get desperate, and there are still a few real potatoes left. Maybe I'll run out to Aldi tomorrow.

Today, Ingles did have Jumbo eggs, though not a whole lot. I got a dozen of them. I also got some Muenster cheese and some pepper jack slices. I'm wondering what a grilled pepper jack would be like. Might have to find out.

I can make a quick run to Aldi tomorrow for potatoes if I need to. Come to that, onions too, and maybe a couple of bell peppers.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Watching the guy eat that old cracker...the one that tastes like moth balls...no thanks! None for me please.
    Grilled Pepper Jack is tasty...(from my old days and bad ways of eating!)...

I was intrigued when both of you thought the potato cheese cake would be very high in calories...so I'm going to run it thru my calorie counter in a few minutes, cuz I'm not sure it would be..... (thinking about my fake cheese made with potato...)

Back later, or maybe later still....I really think I need a nap!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Ok,, I put the ingredients for the old Potato Cheesecake...
    ended up with 226 calories for 10 slice per pie.

According to My Fitness Pal, a New York style Cheesecake 380 calories/slice

Strawberry Cheesecake....350/slice

Original Cheese Cake Factory Original recipe is 450/slice

So if you might want to save a few calories maybe revisit the Potato Cheesecake! :) I thought that, because of my cheese making with tofu, or potato, or cashew nuts.
    Curious now to know the calorie count average of an NS dessert??? Roger can you check on your stock for us? :)

Ok, one nap coming up.......now
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 69 out there now with an expected high of 81 and 10% chance of rain.

Monthly regional Orchid judging today so we will be there with the camera.

Might still stop at Aldi for some potatoes and maybe fruit.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Russian Special Forces Mountain Ration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgICbOwP7NQ
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning + 2 cents. The temperature this morning was 61 degrees on the porch and 62 degrees on the cable channel. I wore a Lighter Long Sleeve shirt and light gloves due to the warmer weather.
    While walking I saw two deer on the lawn across from me, I did not see them until they moved, in the dim light they blended in. It appeared to be a Mother and this years fawn by the size.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-12/investors-head-to-houston-to-buy-from-panicked-homeowners
    Distressed Investors Are Already Buying Houston Homes for 40 Cents on the Dollar
    By Prashant Gopal, October 12, 2017, 5:00 AM EDT
    Disgusting, the article above and the below article.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/12/health/nuedexta-nursing-homes-invs/index.html
    The little red pill being pushed on the elderly
    By Blake Ellis and Melanie Hicken; Data analysis by Sergio Hernandez, CNN Investigates, Updated 5:51 PM ET, Thu October 12, 2017

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/708350-hiring/
    Hiring
    Started by HugeDinghy, Yesterday at 01:01 PM

Posted Thursday at 01:01 PM
    Was at a chamber meeting last night and the main topic of conversation was the lack of applicants for open jobs.

Not talking skills gap etc, talking literally about the number of applicants. Not even getting the ones where you ask yourself why they even applied.

We've had a position posted for over a week and we've gotten three applicants. That would have been within the first hour last year.

You seeing similar?

Later Today
    http://heritagetrail.org/events.htm
    FREE--October 14 from 10-5pm and October 15th from Noon to 4pm--FREE

Somerset County's Weekend Journey Through the Past is right around the corner! ?This free weekend will once again see the Historic Van Horne House transformed into an event that happened in or around the house during the Revolutionary War.

Visit the Van Horne House in British Occupied New Jersey!
    It’s late Autumn 1776, General Washington has been driven from New York City and across New Jersey.
    The British, under General Cornwallis, have Occupied New Brunswick, N.J. just 7 miles south and the main British force occupies farms to the north along the Raritan River. Join British soldiers as they enjoy the famous Van Horne Hospitality and a respite from the fighting. But all may not be as loyalist as it seems.
    Will you sign a loyalty oath and sing God save the King or seek out the rebels in hiding and plot to raise a liberty pole in defiance of King George? Pick a side; Its Loyalist vs. Patriot for weekend Journey 2017 at the Van Horne House!
    ~~~Guided 1 hour tours~~~bring your family and friends~~new groups start every 15 minutes!

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    gQioYm.jpg

smDDnT.jpg

jgcEyw.jpg

9pq7EE.jpg

w5D3H4.jpg

jYlTle.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Made it out to the store but forgot to get potatoes. They hadn't made it to my shopping list and I didn't think of them. But I have some dehydrated potatoes if I get desperate, and there are still a few real potatoes left. Maybe I'll run out to Aldi tomorrow.

Today, Ingles did have Jumbo eggs, though not a whole lot. I got a dozen of them. I also got some Muenster cheese and some pepper jack slices. I'm wondering what a grilled pepper jack would be like. Might have to find out.

I can make a quick run to Aldi tomorrow for potatoes if I need to. Come to that, onions too, and maybe a couple of bell peppers.
    Hi Ed
    Is Aldi all that much cheaper for items like that compared to a produce store?
    Howdy y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 69 out there now with an expected high of 81 and 10% chance of rain.

Monthly regional Orchid judging today so we will be there with the camera.

Might still stop at Aldi for some potatoes and maybe fruit.
    Well Originally there was rain in the forecast, that was downgraded to sprinkles. While was walking I had a few drops of light rain hit me, It was enough to dampen the pavement and that is it so far. I did have a Disposable AKA Emergency Rain poncho with me in a pocket of the safety vest just in case.

Enjoy the Judging
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Watching the guy eat that old cracker...the one that tastes like moth balls...no thanks! None for me please.
    Grilled Pepper Jack is tasty...(from my old days and bad ways of eating!)...

I was intrigued when both of you thought the potato cheese cake would be very high in calories...so I'm going to run it thru my calorie counter in a few minutes, cuz I'm not sure it would be..... (thinking about my fake cheese made with potato...)

Back later, or maybe later still....I really think I need a nap!

Hi Valerie
    It could have been worse it could have been hard tack AKA cabin bread, pilot bread, sea biscuit, sea bread (as rations for sailors), ship's biscuit, or ship biscuit, or pejoratively as "dog biscuits", "molar breakers", "sheet iron", "tooth dullers", or "worm castles :)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardtack
    egdmPh.jpg
    Ok,, I put the ingredients for the old Potato Cheesecake...
    ended up with 226 calories for 10 slice per pie.

According to My Fitness Pal, a New York style Cheesecake 380 calories/slice

Strawberry Cheesecake....350/slice

Original Cheese Cake Factory Original recipe is 450/slice

So if you might want to save a few calories maybe revisit the Potato Cheesecake! :) I thought that, because of my cheese making with tofu, or potato, or cashew nuts.
    Curious now to know the calorie count average of an NS dessert??? Roger can you check on your stock for us? :)

Ok, one nap coming up.......now

Thank You for looking it up. I will admit that a New York style Cheesecake is really tasty and having never had a Cheesecake factory slice I an not compare them. Since the two closest locations are in larger malls I will likely never have a slice unless they also sell in Grocery store freezers, I never thought to look.

Ok, Here You go. You asked for it, You got it.
    Orange Cream Bar, 90 Calories
    Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Nut Bar, 200 Calories
    As far as I know it that is the extremes of the range with most being 140 to 150 calories.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Ed
    Is Aldi all that much cheaper for items like that compared to a produce store?

Well, prices vary, but Aldi has the advantage of being so close that I could walk there if I want, though I doubt I'd want to walk back with 5 pounds or so of potatoes, and added poundage of onions and/or fruit. I just forgot to buy them at Ingles as I was watching my wallet, and had not put them on the list. I got the "critical" things on the list and if it wasn't on it, it didn't get considered or purchased...

• parityanimal
    Options
    The "red pill" at the nursing homes made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE7PKRjrid4
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Actually I hadn't commented on the calories in the potato "cheese"cake, but think with all that potato that it would probably spike me regardless. I was surprised how little sugar he put in it, and it did look tasty!

Might give it a try sometime...

• parityanimal
    Options
    Christmas foods in olden times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrF-yy52G0k
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Guess I'll skip Christmas Dinner...everything meat! LOL!!!
    Oh, my!!!
    Made it to the gym AFTER my 2 hour nap, then a quick grocery run, and my Tofu is now baking away in the toaster oven, the broccoli ready to quickly steam, and dinner will be ready!

Later...