Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,724 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 64 out there now with an expected high of 82 and 10% chance of rain.

Never did get to Aldi (or any other grocery) yesterday, as the day turned out to be busier than expected with a couple of agenda items after the orchid photography that took us up to dinner time.

Cheeseburger and FAR too many fresh cut fries filled that. There wouldn't have been any room for the pumpkin shake that I pondered, even if I had actually ordered it.

Oh well, if I needed potassium, the fries should have covered that!

Need to get the garbage and recycles out to the street today. Maybe some laundry and if I feel like it maybe a run to Aldi.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Now let's have some dessert to start the day off right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLh2pMUDuYE
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2017
    Options
    And now for some Texan food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRSqjycw6gc
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Guess I'll skip Christmas Dinner...everything meat! LOL!!!
    Oh, my!!!
    Made it to the gym AFTER my 2 hour nap, then a quick grocery run, and my Tofu is now baking away in the toaster oven, the broccoli ready to quickly steam, and dinner will be ready!

Later...

That was definitely a meat fest all right! And only a few of those dishes could be made vegetarian or vegan. The mince pie could be vegan. The blancmange might be done vegan, using agar-agar instead of gelatin or aspic. But that doesn't give you all that much food, does it? Well, of course the fruit and some of the sweets could be done vegan as well. I think anyone not vegetarian or vegan would come away from that table so stuffed they'd have to be rolled to their rooms for nap time!

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 65 degrees on the porch and 66 degrees on the cable channel.

b]Older links that are interesting to me[/b]
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-19/social-security-will-be-paying-out-more-it-receives-just-five-years
    Social Security Will Be Paying Out More Than It Receives In Just Five Years
    by Tyler Durden, Jul 19, 2017 3:45 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2017/07/18/greater-washington-has-half-of-the-nations-richest.html
    Greater Washington has half of the nation’s richest counties
    By Sara Gilgore, Digital Producer, Washington Business Journal
    Jul 18, 2017, 12:55pm EDT, Updated Jul 18, 2017, 2:19pm EDT

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/708266-ford-50-air-filter-performance-question/
    [bFord 5.0 Air Filter (Performance) Question[/b]
    Started by Mummichog, Wednesday at 03:37 PM
    My 2011 Ford F-150 (Coyote 5.0) V8 was running erratically. When giving it half throttle, the power would surge and bog, along with the sound changing. Since I just changed the plugs and wires, I figured it was the air filter. I took it out and drove it the 3 or 4 miles to the auto-zone. Still seemed to bog and surge, same performance. But, when I put the new filter in, it ran smooth as silk. If it was a dirty air filter, wouldn't no filter make it smoother too?
    Who Knew that the Air FIter could cause that problem?

http://www.ajc.com/news/inch-fish-leaps-into-man-mouth-causing-cardiac-arrest/7NhgT8APqyWlhCMfsX3MTO/
    6-inch fish leaps into man’s mouth, causing cardiac arrest
    Alex Winter Daily Echo (Bournemouth, U.K.), 11:45 a.m. Friday, Oct. 13, 2017 Atlanta News

https://www.thewrap.com/kill-mockingbird-removed-biloxi-mississippi-school-district-curriculum/
    https://www.thewrap.com/kill-mockingbird-removed-biloxi-mississippi-school-district-curriculum/
    Reid Nakamura | October 14, 2017 @ 11:11 AM

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    kXpfFp.jpg

jp1jYc.jpg
    He has his priorities

nM0rqa.jpg

9LIpVi.jpg

Yhzgyw.jpg
    Probably an English major

L24rXP.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Ed
    Is Aldi all that much cheaper for items like that compared to a produce store?

Well, prices vary, but Aldi has the advantage of being so close that I could walk there if I want, though I doubt I'd want to walk back with 5 pounds or so of potatoes, and added poundage of onions and/or fruit. I just forgot to buy them at Ingles as I was watching my wallet, and had not put them on the list. I got the "critical" things on the list and if it wasn't on it, it didn't get considered or purchased...
    Hi Ed
    Thanks for the answer, Carrying weight is why I use a nice Jansport Backpack. It has two different chest straps that help carry the weight. The hardest part with it is getting it back on after loading it up :)
    Actually I hadn't commented on the calories in the potato "cheese"cake, but think with all that potato that it would probably spike me regardless. I was surprised how little sugar he put in it, and it did look tasty!

Might give it a try sometime...
    I'll b interested in Your feedback of the taste if You do make it.
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 64 out there now with an expected high of 82 and 10% chance of rain.

Never did get to Aldi (or any other grocery) yesterday, as the day turned out to be busier than expected with a couple of agenda items after the orchid photography that took us up to dinner time.

Cheeseburger and FAR too many fresh cut fries filled that. There wouldn't have been any room for the pumpkin shake that I pondered, even if I had actually ordered it.

Oh well, if I needed potassium, the fries should have covered that!

Need to get the garbage and recycles out to the street today. Maybe some laundry and if I feel like it maybe a run to Aldi.

Fresh Cut French Fries, Yummy !

The predicted high for today is 79 to 81 degrees depending on which weatherman I believe :)
    Oh, my!!!
    Made it to the gym AFTER my 2 hour nap, then a quick grocery run, and my Tofu is now baking away in the toaster oven, the broccoli ready to quickly steam, and dinner will be ready!

Later...

That was definitely a meat fest all right! And only a few of those dishes could be made vegetarian or vegan. The mince pie could be vegan. The blancmange might be done vegan, using agar-agar instead of gelatin or aspic. But that doesn't give you all that much food, does it? Well, of course the fruit and some of the sweets could be done vegan as well. I think anyone not vegetarian or vegan would come away from that table so stuffed they'd have to be rolled to their rooms for nap time!
    As a meat eater anyway I think I would be better off with proteins than lots of carbs...

Lots of carbs always make me sweaty and uncomfortable at temperatures that otherwise are fine, so Protein, yes, carbs no thanks.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    A Joke

As most Silver Surfers know – and the rest will soon discover – sometimes we have trouble with our computers.

I had a problem yesterday, so I called Danny, the 12 year old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control and asked him to come over. Danny clicked a couple of keys and solved the problem.

As he was walking away, I called after him, ‘So, what was wrong?’

He replied, ‘It was just a simple ‘ID ten T’.’

I didn’t want to appear stupid, but nonetheless enquired.

‘An “ID ten T”??? What’s that? In case I ever need to fix it again.’

Danny grinned wide…. ‘Haven’t you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?’

‘No,’ I replied.

‘Write it down,’ he said, ‘and I think you’ll figure it out.’

So I wrote down:

ID10T

I used to like Danny, the little *kitten*.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Oh, my!!!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    It sounds as if You got Your running around done with no problems.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Nice outside here...hope the same in NJ. We're about to get a short period of actual FALL weather for the next couple of days.
    Today I want to blow the driveway clean, which is a silly thing to do, since its not even quite leaf drop time yet...but the leaves are finding themselves tracking into the garage, and a few even into the house....
    Today my black salt arrives..so with that in mind I cut the block I used yesterday in half, to make Tofu Scramble with the new salt. I have my hopes up....sometimes that is not a good thing.
    I may do a load of laundry, and I intend to get to the gym..other than that I'll go where the wind takes me!
    Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2017
    Options
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 63 degrees on the porch and 62 degrees on the cable channel.
    We must have had some rain overnight, the streets were wet and I got hit by a few stray drops. By the time I returned home the streets are now dry :)

The Plumber is scheduled for 10AM to Noon today to clear the clogged Kitchen / Bathtub drain. All the other drains are OK. As I remember it they both feed a 1.5" to 2" pipe by the back wall of the basement before running to the main drain. Wish Us luck with the cost, I have visions of $$$ flying away :)

http://www.ajc.com/news/percent-teens-think-smoking-weed-and-driving-legal-some-think-isn-dangerous/Na5H9kNdPCGiHYPG2cotMO/
    33 percent of teens think smoking weed and driving is legal. Some think it isn’t dangerous
    Ashley May USA TODAY, 3:02 p.m Thursday, Oct. 12, 2017 Filed in the Atlanta News

https://www.yahoo.com/news/one-worlds-most-remote-islands-gets-commercial-flights-072314598.html
    One of world's most remote islands gets commercial flights
    CHRISTOPHER TORCHIA, Associated PressOctober 14, 2017

http://heritagetrail.org/events.htm
    Paranormal Night at the Van Horne
    Sunday, October 22nd at 7pm 20.00/person

Is the Van Horne House Haunted?
    Join the Heritage Trail and the New Jersey Paranormal Investigators "NJPI" for a night of revealing what NJPI has discovered from two investigations at the Van Horne House. There are a couple of stories of incidents in the house, but will the spirits cooperate with the investigators and reveal themselves? After hearing the results, if anything conclusive, we will break into groups and do our own hunting with their equipment. If you have your own equipment and want to use it, bring it along. Space is limited to 60 people

I'm tempted, OTOH $20, Am I that tempted ?

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    QBSZuG.gif

mWskCd.jpg

fqlfDz.jpg

uQ5vsA.jpg

faeWFo.jpg

91wPe0.jpg

wte12B.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Nice outside here...hope the same in NJ. We're about to get a short period of actual FALL weather for the next couple of days.
    Today I want to blow the driveway clean, which is a silly thing to do, since its not even quite leaf drop time yet...but the leaves are finding themselves tracking into the garage, and a few even into the house....
    Today my black salt arrives..so with that in mind I cut the block I used yesterday in half, to make Tofu Scramble with the new salt. I have my hopes up....sometimes that is not a good thing.
    I may do a load of laundry, and I intend to get to the gym..other than that I'll go where the wind takes me!
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    I did get my laundry done Sunday, Whee!

Leaves are falling here too and I have already tracked a few into the house also.

Have a Nice Day. Enjoy the Humor :)
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

Hi Ed
    I think I saw a news clip on the TV that they have developed Low Fat Avocados in Spain so...
    When I saw Your link I suspected it was the same one and sure enough it is. I wonder if reducing the fat is a good idea as I thought that they had the Good fat not the bad fat ?

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 58 out there now with an expected high of 69 and 20% chance of rain.

Might actually get out to Aldi today, but really need to call the vet and make an appointment for Lilo for a follow up as we've finished up her 3 weeks worth of Clavamox.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    When you're having trouble with your computer, be sure to call the right IT department.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u5jO57eD-U&t=5s
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Fall 1969. A day in the life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4guuaABdp4
  • parityanimal
    Options
    I think the paranormal night would be a lot of fun and would be very tempted to go.