• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,706 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburger in a can...yum?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s95sTIeDzs
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Hey! Its still Wednesday, right?? Late post!
    Wow, Dr. Pat gave my back a workout this morning. Said she'd see me in 10 days! OOPS! I don't know what I did to my back, but I must have done a good job of it :(

Got my tofu, and they had some really nice vegan Mac & Cheese, so some of that too...and my second box of stuff was some grilled vegges for a sandwich tomorrow at lunch. Will have leftover tofu and the end of the Mac&cheese for dinner..along with some tempeh that I thought I'd try...somebody needs to go back to the kitchen for that...yuck! But I think a nice mix of 'secret' sauce for dipping should make it better..Secret Sauce Recipe...blop of catsup, and a phaaaaft of mustard, mix and serve. LOL!!!

Roger it never occurred to me that I could 'reboot' the micro....I'll keep that in mind...but I think Ed may have had the right track when he said that if one (or more) of the touch pads went out....well, I've been dealing with that for quite some time. Mostly it was the # 1 keypad...but the 30 second pad X 2 always worked...so if 1 didn't get it 30 sec. did...occasionally one or so of the other pads would not 'work', but usually the #1. I guess the keypad 'malfunctioned' for the last time! :) Anyhow, Friday should solve the issue! Will set the micro at the street tomorrow night, with sign, 'NOT working'...and the trash men can take it away, making room for Friday's delivery. I hope it comes later Friday...as I need to take Marietta back to her eye guy and he has some little laser adjustment which is supposed to correct her vision. I sure hope so. The pressure chamber is helping restore her hearing since that plane trip from Texas to GA.
    I'd rather not have my new microwave stolen. :(

Going to crawl back into my warm little bed, try to come up with a good Scrabble word, and then play my other two little games, and do a Jigsaw puzzle on that app.

Oh, and Roger asked about french fries in the Toaster oven...I guess I'm a failure Rog, I really don't know the answer to that question...I've never tried that. Bet Ed might know!!! He uses his much more than I do.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    I have often cooked frozen fries in the toaster oven. Sometimes they require a bit more time than in the regular oven. I usually spread them on non-stick foil in the toaster oven pan. I have made roasted potato chunks from fresh potatoes, in the toaster oven, but don't think that french fries from fresh would work very well.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

43 out there now with an expected high of 75 and no chance of precipitation.

Need to get out for a bit this morning but not much needed.

I've eaten, but need to get the cats fed.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2017
    Options
  • parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    Options
    14 of the biggest food items ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=aE0UgTu8lbc
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    zt7egi.jpg

zE1YXe.jpg

JrzO0H.jpg

2Zu93z.jpg

wAh6A2.jpg

BPuy8v.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was in the 40s on the porch and in the low 50s on the cable channel.

Am I the only one that has noticed the new Frozen Dinner Entrees from Nutrisystem?
    Viewed at http://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/catalog/menu/food.jsp?meal=dinner&plan=basic

NEW! Shrimp & Chicken Stir-Fry
    Product Details
    Chicken and shrimp are mingled with ginger, lemongrass, mushrooms and snow peas. One bite and you'll be transported to Southeast Asia.

NEW! Chipotle Chicken Bowl
    Product Details
    The chipotle—a smoked, dried jalapeno—is the bold flavor in this hearty bowl, filled with grilled chicken, black beans, brown rice, veggies and Monterey jack.

NEW! Chipotle Beef and Broccoli Bowl
    Product Details
    You'll be "bowl-ed" over by the flavors of this savory dinner dish. Tender beef strips are layered in with our smoky chipotle sauce, fresh broccoli, kale, fire-roasted red peppers and onions—and served over a bed of fluffy brown rice.

NEW! Pork Tenderloins
    Product Details
    Pork tenderloin, the most tender cut of pork, paired with zucchini, sugar snap peas and julienned carrots and our rich, creamy dijon sauce.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/17/nhs-provokes-fury-indefinite-surgery-ban-smokers-obese/
    NHS provokes fury with indefinite surgery ban for smokers and obese
    By Laura Donnelly, Health Editor, 17 October 2017 • 9:00pm
    Great Britain, National Health, we need that sort of thinking here, Nope !

https://www.inverse.com/article/37446-aquamation-water-burial-california
    It's Now Legal to Liquefy a Dead Body in California
    Before you ask, no, you can't drink your dead relatives.

By Yasmin Tayag on October 16, 2017
    California weirdness

https://www.studyfinds.org/stress-health-poor-diet/
    Stress May Be Just As Bad For Your Body As Junk Food, Study Finds
    17Oct - by Daniel Steingold
    Who Knew

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hey! Its still Wednesday, right?? Late post!
    Wow, Dr. Pat gave my back a workout this morning. Said she'd see me in 10 days! OOPS! I don't know what I did to my back, but I must have done a good job of it :(

Got my tofu, and they had some really nice vegan Mac & Cheese, so some of that too...and my second box of stuff was some grilled vegges for a sandwich tomorrow at lunch. Will have leftover tofu and the end of the Mac&cheese for dinner..along with some tempeh that I thought I'd try...somebody needs to go back to the kitchen for that...yuck! But I think a nice mix of 'secret' sauce for dipping should make it better..Secret Sauce Recipe...blop of catsup, and a phaaaaft of mustard, mix and serve. LOL!!!
    Hi Valerie
    Ouch, a workout on the back and another visit needed :(
    They have put the sign on the New Whole Foods that will be opening sooner or later a lot nearer to me than other locations so I will try them when they do open.

Secret Sauce :)
    Roger it never occurred to me that I could 'reboot' the micro....I'll keep that in mind...but I think Ed may have had the right track when he said that if one (or more) of the touch pads went out....well, I've been dealing with that for quite some time. Mostly it was the # 1 keypad...but the 30 second pad X 2 always worked...so if 1 didn't get it 30 sec. did...occasionally one or so of the other pads would not 'work', but usually the #1. I guess the keypad 'malfunctioned' for the last time! :) Anyhow, Friday should solve the issue! Will set the micro at the street tomorrow night, with sign, 'NOT working'...and the trash men can take it away, making room for Friday's delivery. I hope it comes later Friday...as I need to take Marietta back to her eye guy and he has some little laser adjustment which is supposed to correct her vision. I sure hope so. The pressure chamber is helping restore her hearing since that plane trip from Texas to GA.
    I'd rather not have my new microwave stolen. :(

Going to crawl back into my warm little bed, try to come up with a good Scrabble word, and then play my other two little games, and do a Jigsaw puzzle on that app.

Oh, and Roger asked about french fries in the Toaster oven...I guess I'm a failure Rog, I really don't know the answer to that question...I've never tried that. Bet Ed might know!!! He uses his much more than I do.

Later...
    That does sound like a keypad problem, the same thing can happen with computer keyboards.

How in the heck did a plane trip hurt her hearing?

On the good side if it does get stolen at least getting it replaced should be easy and painless except for the additional delay.

I hope Your Scrabble and other games came out OK
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    http://newjersey.news12.com/story/36530025/new-jerseys-2017-haunted-house-guide
    New Jersey's 2017 Haunted House Guide
    Posted: Oct 05, 2017 12:57 PM EST
    Updated: Oct 13, 2017 12:34 PM EST
    I love haunted houses!
    http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/local/article_d9e65356-b155-11e7-8634-7fcc67848f6d.html
    Worker grilled in theft of fajitas
    County DA’s office looks into missing $1.2M of purchases

Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 10:08 pm,By FRANK GARZA
    Pretty nice side job there!
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article178813586.html
    Miami politician says aliens took her on a spaceship. Now she’s running for Congress.
    By Alex Daugherty And Patricia Mazzei, October 16, 2017 7:00 AM
    Close Encounters of the Weird Kind?
    https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/37916/
    [b Ahead of Halloween, universities nationwide tell students what not to wear [/b]
    Jennifer Kabbany - Fix Editor October 16, 2017
    Sounds to me like...just forget about dressing up as anything. Maybe they should all dress down as nudists for Halloween and see how the university likes that.
    Who Knew
    http://newjersey.news12.com/
    Question of the Day
    10/17: It's National Pasta Day! What do you put on your pasta?
    "Sauce"
    "Gravy"
    They forgot just olive oil, lemon and a bit of freshly ground pepper. And perhaps a nice sprinkle of cheese.
    Hi Ed
    They are so strange anymore that they might not complain about going as Nudists :)

The way things are anymore She may get elected in Florida :(

Actually in the past I have also just used melted Butter on Pasta as well as Egg Noodles. I guess You could think of that as a variation on Olive Oil?
    Cheeseburger in a can...yum?
    I had seen a Youtube video or possibly and article regarding hamburger in a can a while ago and it was knocked described as not good.
    I have often cooked frozen fries in the toaster oven. Sometimes they require a bit more time than in the regular oven. I usually spread them on non-stick foil in the toaster oven pan. I have made roasted potato chunks from fresh potatoes, in the toaster oven, but don't think that french fries from fresh would work very well.
    Thanks for that information, I believe that the Frozen French Fries have Oil somewhere in their processing so it makes sense that From fresh would not be great.

I believe that the Toaster Oven would be cheaper to use to bake things than the 220Volt Electric Oven we have.
    Non Stick Foil ?
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

43 out there now with an expected high of 75 and no chance of precipitation.

Need to get out for a bit this morning but not much needed.

I've eaten, but need to get the cats fed.
    Not to different than our forecast high and this mornings low was lower than forecast. Supposedly we should be having 5 days counting today of lows in the 50s and highs in the low 70s.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    I believe that the Toaster Oven would be cheaper to use to bake things than the 220Volt Electric Oven we have.
    Non Stick Foil ?

bh2jqdtv1f32.jpeg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hi...Sorry you all missed all the fun.....
    It was 66 in the house this morning, so I let the baking begin. I roasted 2 purple Japanese Sweet potatoes, and 2 smallish white ones, and a small-medium sized head of broccoli cut into bite sized pieces...when done, left them in the oven and turned the oven off while I went to the gym. Home, ate one of the purple sweet potatoes, and the broccoli. Then I roasted a smallish head of cauliflower, some yellow bell pepper, a bunch of carrots, and a yellow onion. The cauliflower was then eaten along with an open faced sandwich (bolio bottom half from Kroger) and the grilled pepper, zucchini, portobello mushroom, and asparagus...all topped with a slice of my Smoked Gouda cheeze.
    Now I'm going to quit eating....take a quick nap, and then go to Livy's Gymnastics, and home for more of these delicious roasted veggies!!!
    Glad I put gas into the car yesterday and went to the bank...makes today much easier!

Roger, all the fz French Fries that I've read have oil sprayed on them...one of the reasons I haven't eaten them I guess.

BP was 132/78 this morning, so I 'treated' myself to a pod of half caffe after my 'last' lunch today. Probably won't sleep well tonite, but enjoyed the 'semi' coffee at least!

Have I mentioned I MISS my microwave???? Heating the house while cooking was nice, and the house smells fantastic because of it.

Ok, gotta get going, its trash night, and it needs to be on the street before I leave here at 5:30 because its dark when I get home!!

Ed I watched a bit of the first two food vid's...that squid????, I've eaten, and I've cooked squid before, but somehow dried squid just doesn't sound good to me...kinda like the Chinese dried shrimp...ACK, Yuck, etc. And I saw the one for microwaved pork rinds...I've eaten those many, many years ago....now they sound disgusting!!! (LOL)! It amazes me I've lived this long without having a heart attack, from the stuff I've eaten as a kid/young adult....

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 44 out there now with an expected high of 80 and no chance of rain.

Still need to get that laundry done, but will wait until J gets back from having an oxygen sensor installed in his car. He might want something he's wearing to go in.

I've been fed. Cats will be fed shortly.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning..
    66 degrees INSIDE, and I'm freezing. I hate winter. But I think you knew that!:)

Today I get to take Marietta to Emory.... Good Grief..the trick is to leave Emory campus still alive and car still undented, unsmashed, and wearing all of its original paint. What a mess that place is because of all the construction. I truly hate it.

Today promises to be another great day, like yesterday! Also today my microwave will be 'delivered by 8 PM' I sure hope its more like 3 or 4 so I can just graze the refrigerator and reheat in my new microwave.

Roger I hope your walk is comfortable, and profitable! Anything still growing in your garden? or has it been put to bed for the winter?
    How has your brother adjusted to the new Toaster Oven? Does he like the toast? etc.

Off to the shower, and then I'm going to grab the rice, some of yesterday's roasted vegetables, and this box of creamed Cauliflower and Potato Soup and call it breakfast...maybe add an orange, even though I've already had a small banana. Can't hurt.

Later...