LsYMsG.jpg

kYvRzi.jpg

GEM9vl.jpg
    UFpLxV.jpg
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was in the 53 on the porch and in 55 on the cable channel. I found 11 cents yesterday, however it does not count since I found it in the House :)

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/10/17/walpole-elementary-school-cancels-halloween-parade/
    School Cancels Halloween, Will Celebrate ‘Black And Orange’ Spirit Day
    October 17, 2017 11:27 PM, Filed Under: Halloween, Jim Smith, Walpole

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/10/17/butler-county-woman-112th-birthday/
    Butler Co. Woman Celebrates 112th Birthday, Is 8th Oldest Person In U.S.
    October 17, 2017 7:11 PM
    Filed Under: birthday, Butler County, Cabot, David Highfield, Foxburg, Larry Richert
    There's hope for us :)

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Olive-Garden-Explodes-as-70-People-Eat-Inside-451472793.html
    RAW VIDEO: Explosion Rocks Maryland Olive Garden as 70 People Eat Inside
    By Sophia Barnes, (Published Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017)

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/867900/Hell-VOLCANOES-volcano-eruption-saudi-arabia-Harrat-Khaybar
    GATES TO HELL? Hundreds of ancient structures found on edge of VOLCANOES in Saudi Arabia

By Sean Martin, 07:27, Thu, Oct 19, 2017 | UPDATED: 07:47, Thu, Oct 19, 2017

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/passengers-scream-terror-pilot-performs-11362861
    The last ever long-distance Air Berlin flight was coming in to Dusseldorf Airport when the fly-by was performed
    Dave Burke, 13:17, 18 OCT 2017Updated13:33, 18 OCT 2017
    They have been beating this one to death on the TV news here.

However another video, shot from the control tower of Dusseldorf Airport, clearly shows that it was a perfectly orchestrated move and that at no point anyone at the airport was in danger.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »
    I believe that the Toaster Oven would be cheaper to use to bake things than the 220Volt Electric Oven we have.
    Non Stick Foil ?

bh2jqdtv1f32.jpeg
    Hi Ed
    If I said it almost looks like a solution in search of a problem :)
    What my brother does is use a spray olive oil on the the foil he uses that might stick, as an example he sprayed the foil he covered the Eggplant Parms he made yesterday using the Eggplants from the garden.
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 44 out there now with an expected high of 80 and no chance of rain.

Still need to get that laundry done, but will wait until J gets back from having an oxygen sensor installed in his car. He might want something he's wearing to go in.

I've been fed. Cats will be fed shortly.
    44 degrees is a bit cold, I'm guessing that the heat is turned on? I turned the heat on this morning on my return as the house was 64 degrees. Our forecast high is in the low 70s which means You are lower than our low and have a forecast high that is higher than ours, Lucky You.

Those Oxygen sensors do not seem to be as I would expect, I had to change one on the old Pontiac twice while I had it.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi...Sorry you all missed all the fun.....
    It was 66 in the house this morning, so I let the baking begin. I roasted 2 purple Japanese Sweet potatoes, and 2 smallish white ones, and a small-medium sized head of broccoli cut into bite sized pieces...when done, left them in the oven and turned the oven off while I went to the gym. Home, ate one of the purple sweet potatoes, and the broccoli. Then I roasted a smallish head of cauliflower, some yellow bell pepper, a bunch of carrots, and a yellow onion. The cauliflower was then eaten along with an open faced sandwich (bolio bottom half from Kroger) and the grilled pepper, zucchini, portobello mushroom, and asparagus...all topped with a slice of my Smoked Gouda cheeze.
    Now I'm going to quit eating....take a quick nap, and then go to Livy's Gymnastics, and home for more of these delicious roasted veggies!!!
    Glad I put gas into the car yesterday and went to the bank...makes today much easier!

Roger, all the fz French Fries that I've read have oil sprayed on them...one of the reasons I haven't eaten them I guess.

BP was 132/78 this morning, so I 'treated' myself to a pod of half caffe after my 'last' lunch today. Probably won't sleep well tonite, but enjoyed the 'semi' coffee at least!

Have I mentioned I MISS my microwave???? Heating the house while cooking was nice, and the house smells fantastic because of it.

Ok, gotta get going, its trash night, and it needs to be on the street before I leave here at 5:30 because its dark when I get home!!

Ed I watched a bit of the first two food vid's...that squid????, I've eaten, and I've cooked squid before, but somehow dried squid just doesn't sound good to me...kinda like the Chinese dried shrimp...ACK, Yuck, etc. And I saw the one for microwaved pork rinds...I've eaten those many, many years ago....now they sound disgusting!!! (LOL)! It amazes me I've lived this long without having a heart attack, from the stuff I've eaten as a kid/young adult....

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I was surprised that the house did not warm up much from when my Brother made Eggplant Parm yesterday. The oven was on twice for that. He bakes the eggplant rather than drying them, then once they have cooled he assembles the Eggplant Parm.
    Good Morning..
    66 degrees INSIDE, and I'm freezing. I hate winter. But I think you knew that!:)

Today I get to take Marietta to Emory.... Good Grief..the trick is to leave Emory campus still alive and car still undented, unsmashed, and wearing all of its original paint. What a mess that place is because of all the construction. I truly hate it.

Today promises to be another great day, like yesterday! Also today my microwave will be 'delivered by 8 PM' I sure hope its more like 3 or 4 so I can just graze the refrigerator and reheat in my new microwave.

Roger I hope your walk is comfortable, and profitable! Anything still growing in your garden? or has it been put to bed for the winter?
    How has your brother adjusted to the new Toaster Oven? Does he like the toast? etc.

Off to the shower, and then I'm going to grab the rice, some of yesterday's roasted vegetables, and this box of creamed Cauliflower and Potato Soup and call it breakfast...maybe add an orange, even though I've already had a small banana. Can't hurt.

Later...

The garden is pretty much toast, The only things looking still OK is the peppers strangely enough along with the Fig Trees.

After emailing back and forth with Hamilton Beach They said the Toastation is defective and offered to replace it, however since the model is discontinued they offered to let me choose from something with the same price I paid on Amazon. So I logged into Amazon and they still show new ones in stock so I set up a exchange with them as that way I am sure there will be no shipping expense. It was not toasting the bottom properly.

I hope Your Microwave arrives nice and early, Good Luck
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,273 Member
    edited October 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 49 out there now with an expected high of 77 and no chance of rain.

I've been fed. The cats will be fed shortly. I need to get the rest of the laundry (whites and towels) folded and put away.

Oh, and I didn't notice the new frozen foods from NS because I don't actually go to the site often any more.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2017
    Weird chocolate bars. Warning: Some strong language...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0KndzOOv-0
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    m7ke5tv7z8i7.jpg
  • RogerToo
    AEbBO5.png

VsL27L.jpg

9a6A8G.jpg

7MokcI.jpg
    Star Trek fan

rsj3c6.jpg

tzAX2u.jpg
    ZiSgO0.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2017
    Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees on the porch and in the low 50s on the cable channel.

While I was walking I had a Fox run across the road in front of me, Obviously since if it ran across behind me I would not have seen it :)
    Then a while later as I looked off of a bridge I saw 5 Deer eating below me.

http://www.civilbeat.org/2017/10/denby-fawcett-why-spam-is-now-under-lock-and-key-at-oahu-stores/
    Why Spam Is Now Under Lock-And-Key At Oahu Stores
    By Denby Fawcett / October 17, 2017

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cobb-county/woman-says-she-could-face-jail-time-because-she-cant-afford-husbands-cremation/626733969
    Woman says she could face jail time because she can't afford husband's cremation
    by: Justin Wilfon Updated: Oct 19, 2017 - 1:18 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/cambridge-university-trigger-warnings-shakespeare-plays-titus-andronicus-mary-beard-academics-a8008456.html
    Cambridge University students given trigger warnings for Shakespeare plays
    Academics say degree of sensitivity will 'curtail academic freedom'

Roisin O'Connor, Thursday 19 October 2017 12:26 BST

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/isis-fanatics-plotting-new-911-11369466
    ISIS fanatics are 'plotting new 9/11' and plan to 'bring down planes to cause maximum devastation'
    Kara O'Neill, 19 OCT 2017 Updated00:08, 20 OCT 2017

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-19/fewest-jobless-claims-since-1973-show-firm-u-s-job-market
    Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
    By Sho Chandra, October 19, 2017, 8:30 AM EDT
    Updated October 19, 2017, 8:46 AM EDT

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 49 out there now with an expected high of 77 and no chance of rain.

I've been fed. The cats will be fed shortly. I need to get the rest of the laundry (whites and towels) folded and put away.

Oh, and I didn't notice the new frozen foods from NS because I don't actually go to the site often any more.
    Hi Ed
    I am not surprised You did not notice. Some of the new foods they are introducing look interesting. I also noticed a few that indicated low supply and I suspect they may be going away to make room for the 4 new frozen items. However the reviews for the two Chipotle bowls indicate they are Hot so I think I will be skipping them. To me that may mean less choice as I do not like foods with heat.

It is cold in the house currently and I have turned the heat on. It was 62 degrees in the kitchen when I headed out and even with the heat on the living room is only 65 degrees, Yuck :(
    I feel it in my fingers.

Have a Nice Weekend
    Roger

Hi Valerie

• parityanimal
    Never thought of canned meat as being a high profit item for thieves before. But I guess it makes sense in Hawaii. I like Spam but not, apparently, as much as Hawaiians do.
  • RogerToo
    Never thought of canned meat as being a high profit item for thieves before. But I guess it makes sense in Hawaii. I like Spam but not, apparently, as much as Hawaiians do.
    Hi Again
    From watching cooking shows it seems that they really like Spam out there. I also suspect many things on the islands are higher in cost compared to the mainland due to the extra shipping costs :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Happy to say the new microwave just successfully reheated my cup of coffee! :)
    It arrived safe and sound, partially because I have very good neighbors. USPS set it right in front of my garage door, which is dead center if you're coming up my street...but my neighbor saw it, and had her daughter put it on my porch...so it was still here when I got home from Emory. It was not so much heavy as it was bulky and hard to get a grip on...so moved it into the house on my dolly, and then in the middle of the living room got the actual box out of the big brown box...etc, etc It works almost exactly like my old one so practically no learning curve there!
    Who'd have thunk it....Spam a prime target for thieves??? Not being a fan of Spam it just makes me shake my head!!
    Speaking of shaking my head...Roger asked me a question the other day, and I knew the answer, just forgot to respond.
    You asked about my friend Marietta's hearing loss after her plane trip from Dallas to ATL...not common, but also not exactly rare. Yesterday M said her nurse told her of one of the eye docs who lost his hearing !!in the middle of a surgery procedure!!. I expect someone else finished the surgery, as the now deaf doc took himself to the hearing department at Emory, and was diagnosed with this virus and the auditory nerve..(same as M's diagnoses), then there was another person in that area come in had the same problem.
    Viruses are weird and 'mean' little bugs!! M and I had fun...they only lasered one of her eyes... so between us we had three working ears, and 3 working eyes... getting older is sure a bundle of fun?? :)

I'm going to get moving...hair cut and then afternoon with Ted. And should I not get back, Nate has a hockey game tomorrow (Sunday) morning. I think I have Monday 'free???" I sure hope, somebody needs to be cooking and cleaning around here! LOL!!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    42ml40knuvfh.jpg
  • parityanimal
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2017
    qlZQfP.jpg

70I5vF.jpg

s6Mqn2.jpg