Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,325 Member
    Bread in a can. I see nothing weird about this at all, as I've eaten canned bread. Boston Brown Bread is normally baked in a can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLflXMkw_To
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 49 out there now with an expected high of 65 and 0% chance of rain.

We have our local Orchid Society meeting tonight and will be bringing in some donated plants from a friend, to auction off.

I need to finish yesterday's laundry.

And feed the cats, before they eat me.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi,
    Was here this morning, read a good bit of the articles...then went to be tested for my new hearing aids. Expensive little dudes! Are you sitting down? $2100.00 each. Thank goodness I only have 2 ears. Now, I will have to say there are cheaper ones. But you get what you pay for. These mate up with my iPhone thru bluetooth, and I will have a LOT of control over how I hear.
    So, with all that in mind, I went out and blew leaves for nearly 3 hours, am now in eating my dinner, and about to throw a load of dirty clothes in the washer, and if that isn't enough, I'm going to Upgrade my MacOS...it can do that by itself while I sleep. :) And I will sleep well tonite! And tomorrow I will be back outside working on still more leaves. Most leaves are out of the trees. I was able to get about a quarter of them blown from the front yard to the side yard. Those still need to be blown into the woods. And I'll do the same with the other quarter of the front yard.

So if you don't hear from me for a day or two, the Upgrade has not gone well...OR my arm and shoulder are too sore to type.!!!! LOL!

Later, she said muttering 'hope, hope, hope'

• parityanimal
    Breakfast around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry1E1uzPSU0
  • parityanimal
    Kids try 100 years of British food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx84hZ7tKo4
  • parityanimal
    Kids try 100 years of cheese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfiDNTd5EVw
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 43 out there now with an expected high of 59 and no chance of rain.

I need to fold some clothes, feed me, feed the cats, and clear the sink.

Possibly a grocery trip and hopefully a nap!

Lilo has had her Tuesday shot.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    lzkUJS.jpg

Bhg2lo.jpg

bDpHxh.jpg

NBJ6ol.jpg

izCuhw.jpg

IkgnI5.gif
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2017
    Hi
    I did was walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 29 on the porch and 31 on the cable channel. I got a late start today due to sleeping late :)

My sole plans for today is a trip to the Dollar Store for a Quart or two of UHT Milk to put on the shelf and some Greeting Cards for a Birthday and Christmas, FWIW they sell at a 2 for $1.

No Links today :(

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Here you go, Roger. In case you want to make your own spam...
    Hi Ed
    Thanks, I'll be looking at that shortly.
    Thank You
    Bread in a can. I see nothing weird about this at all, as I've eaten canned bread. Boston Brown Bread is normally baked in a can.
    I actually have a Can of that sitting on the counter waiting to be opened :)
    Howdy y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 49 out there now with an expected high of 65 and 0% chance of rain.

We have our local Orchid Society meeting tonight and will be bringing in some donated plants from a friend, to auction off.

I need to finish yesterday's laundry.

And feed the cats, before they eat me.
    Hopefully the Orchid Society went well.

It would not be the first time cats did that, OTOH I think you need to be one of the no longer with us.
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 43 out there now with an expected high of 59 and no chance of rain.

I need to fold some clothes, feed me, feed the cats, and clear the sink.

Possibly a grocery trip and hopefully a nap!

Lilo has had her Tuesday shot.
    I'm somewhat curious as to how the vet visit went, Did the needed sample happen ?

Another day with below average temperatures here.

Chance of rain later this week.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi,
    Was here this morning, read a good bit of the articles...then went to be tested for my new hearing aids. Expensive little dudes! Are you sitting down? $2100.00 each. Thank goodness I only have 2 ears. Now, I will have to say there are cheaper ones. But you get what you pay for. These mate up with my iPhone thru bluetooth, and I will have a LOT of control over how I hear.
    So, with all that in mind, I went out and blew leaves for nearly 3 hours, am now in eating my dinner, and about to throw a load of dirty clothes in the washer, and if that isn't enough, I'm going to Upgrade my MacOS...it can do that by itself while I sleep. :) And I will sleep well tonite! And tomorrow I will be back outside working on still more leaves. Most leaves are out of the trees. I was able to get about a quarter of them blown from the front yard to the side yard. Those still need to be blown into the woods. And I'll do the same with the other quarter of the front yard.

So if you don't hear from me for a day or two, the Upgrade has not gone well...OR my arm and shoulder are too sore to type.!!!! LOL!

Later, she said muttering 'hope, hope, hope'
    Hi Valerie
    I had heard that they were pricey, that is beyond pricey IMO :(
    Are the rechargeable or are you going to be buying batteries for them ?

I hope Your OS upgrade went well, every now and then that sort of thing goes poorly. As an example the last iPhone updates they were talking about on the news and the Auto-correct was off :)

Good Luck with the leaves
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger...yes, they (hearing aids)(but I knew that going in) are pricy, and I've had cheaper ones, but these offer so many ways to adjust to MY ears, my way, etc. I think it will def. be worth the price. Will take nearly 2 years to 'replace' the money spent back into my account. Doable.
    Batteries, quarterly cleaning, quarterly filter changes, all the appt.s I need to get them set up just for me, etc are all "FREE". Love the idea of free batteries. I'm almost out of the ones for my one HA (hearing aid). So there won't be much waste.

My install of High Sierra went beautifully. I don't think I've ever had a more seamless install.

Leaves on the other hand...omg...with only one quarter of the front yard blown, the pile was over knee deep and a good 8 ft long...deep enough there were several times that I shuffled into them and by keeping my feet heel to heel I could advance the leaves 'around the corner of the house to the kitchen side yard...from there its blow the leaves into the woods. At one point while 'wading' in the leaves I almost lost my balance, and got the giggles. Of all the times I've actually fallen, I've never had a serious outcome....would be my luck to fall into a 2-2 ½ inch pile of leaves and break something!!! On the other hand...falling into a big pile of leaves would transport me back to being a kid and flaying around like a 6 year old!

Off to the gym. While blowing leaves with a hand held Toro Blower, may build a few shoulder and arm muscles...it does next to nothing for cardio. So, today will be not only leaves, but cardio as well. Makes for a well rounded exercise day.
    I've read my 10 minutes and a few more minutes to end a chapter in my book.
    yesterday's dried clothes are folded and put away, and today's laundry is washed and flying around in a nicely heated drum! Dishwasher got unloaded, and I guess that's about all other than feeding Tom E. Cat, and fixing myself a big brunch salad, and a bowl of the split pea soup that I made the other day....

For now...
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2017
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hopefully the Orchid Society went well.

I'm somewhat curious as to how the vet visit went, Did the needed sample happen ?

Roger

ALL of the sudden auction plants we took to the meeting were sold. This pleased us immensely as that meant we didn't have to bring any home for future dispersal. We do have some plants left, as we didn't bring them all, but what's left isn't that much and can go another time. Probably next month.

Lilo's visit Sunday did, indeed, result in the needed sample happening. The doctor called today with the results and said NO BACTERIA, apparently, present in the urine. Just a trace of blood, but since they collect with a needle (I didn't know that) there is sometimes blood from that.

She did suggest waiting a week or so after finishing the current round of antibiotics, and doing a urine culture to make sure all was OK. Lilo has, I think, three days left of the Zeniquin. So in about 10 days we'll go back for that.

I give Lilo her Tuesday shot myself.

• parityanimal
    Dinner tonight was simple. Eduardo whipped up some pasta e fagioli because it sounded good. Vegetarian "no chicken" broth, cannellini beans, diced carrot, garlic powder, onion powder, several good shakes of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy (maybe about 4 teaspoons?), ditalini, tomato paste (at the end), and a splash of garlic and chili infused olive oil to help carry the flavors.

It was quite tasty and there is at least one good serving left. The ditalini will have absorbed most of the water and gotten too soft, but that will still be tasty.

• GardenKatGardens
    If I wasn't so darned busy Ed, I'd have you save that last serving! Sounds delicious! Leaves are now officially OVER until every last danged leaf has dropped. I was at about half what I wanted to do today, and Lu my neighbor stopped me and said she was going to blow the leaves in her yard...Lu's down hill from my yard, and has NO trees,so its rather obvious where the leaves in her yard came from!!!! Did I mind if she blew them into her back yard....what a great idea!! I was about on my last leg, and told her I'd get the rest of ''my yards" leaves tomorrow, and later when I looked she'd blown all the leaves into her back yard! So, all I have left is the garage side of the house....whew! I will have to do the front again to get all the leaves from some of the flower beds that didn't get blown very well, and those last leaves still in the tree. Or maybe just leave them...its not a lot. We'll see!!

I'm heading to bed...its 10 o'clock, and I'm really tired.

Later...
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    American breakfast cereals taste test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL_j5bKFl3M
  • parityanimal
    Blast from the past! Arte Johnson shows Jack Benny how to tell a joke. Very interesting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HROeLKVAQIQ
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

Still need to fold that last bit of laundry that somehow keeps evading me. I think it WANTS to lie around in the dryer.

It's just some sheets and foldable tees, sock and undies so it's not a big deal but I do eventually need to get it out.

Lilo has had her pill. Two of those to go!

I need to get out to the grocery still, sometime before the weekend.

And, as always, a nap would be lovely.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 33 on the porch and 35 on the cable channel. Once again no money was found :(
    The News12 Weather report keeps upping the percentage for the possibility of rain for Thursday, This morning it was once again and is now showing 90%

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/feds-collected-record-taxes-october-still-run-63-billion-deficit
    Feds Collected Record Taxes in October; Still Ran $63 Billion Deficit
    By Terence P. Jeffrey | November 13, 2017 | 2:57 PM EST

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/household-debt-rises-by-116-billion-as-credit-card-delinquencies-pile-up-2017-11-14
    Household debt rises by $116 billion as credit-card delinquencies pile up
    By Steve Goldstein, Published: Nov 14, 2017 4:45 p.m. ET

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/lists/the-last-places-on-earth-with-no-internet/
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/lists/the-last-places-on-earth-with-no-internet/
    By Oliver Smith, Digital Travel Editor , 14 November 2017 • 1:39pm

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/11/13/texas-company-cloning-pets/
    Science Fiction No More: Cloning Now An Option For Pet Owners
    November 13, 2017 7:11 PM By Rick Dayton

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/14/news/economy/venezuela-debt-default-sp/index.html
    Venezuela just defaulted, moving deeper into crisis
    by Patrick Gillespie, November 14, 2017: 8:10 AM ET

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger