hMxtmZ.jpg

dp70nO.gif

fKR59g.jpg

fg3TCw.jpg

ZkbDii.gif
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I was out walking this Morning + 2 Cents. The temperature this morning was 40 on the porch and 41 on the cable channel
    The stiff breeze with a bitter windchill was absent when I left the house and on the return it was still only a mild breeze :)

As I always say Pobody's Nerfect :)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-cheeseburger-japan-still-drawing-lines-092147772.html
    rump's cheeseburger in Japan still drawing lines
    YURI KAGEYAMA, Associated Press • November 16, 2017

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/15/old-homestead-has-the-most-expensive-thanksgiving-dinner-experience.html
    I ate a $76,000 Thanksgiving dinner—but there was one thing missing
    Zack Guzman | @ZGuz
    9:54 AM ET Wed, 15 Nov 2017

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/alaska-urged-prepare-north-korean-11526461
    [bAlaska urged to prepare for North Korean nuclear attack as residents told to have emergency stash of food and water[/b]
    By Michael Havis, Stephen JonesAssistant News Editor
    14:12, 15 NOV 2017 Updated22:50, 15 NOV 2017

Sad
    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/wayne-county/community-angry-after-dogs-from-richmond-shelter-euthanized
    Director of no-kill Richmond animal shelter fired after dogs euthanized
    By Matthew McClellan, 12:06 AM, Nov 14, 2017
    Updated 7:48 AM, Nov 16, 2017

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/660127/new-black-death-outbreak-kill-three-hours-Madagascar-death-toll-video
    New BLACK DEATH plague strain can kill ‘in just 3 HOURS’ as lethal disease goes ‘airborne’
    By George Mills / Published 16th November 2017

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Dollar Tree big breakfast!

Hi Ed
    Around here the Dollar Tree has breakfasts in the freezer for $1 no eat in.
    I wonder if it is the same chains offerings based on what the owner wants.
    We have These
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NHcZSJRKug
    and the
    Pancakes, Potatoes and Sausage as well as
    Scrambled Eggs, Potatoes and Sausages same brand as the YouTube link.

I am not happy with the New Firefox Interface for version 57.0 FWIW. I want to yell at the screen, WHY !
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

36 out there now with an expected high of 64 and 0% chance of rain.

I'm supposed to meet with the county's lawyer sometime this morning to go over the plans for installing a sidewalk and re-sloping part of the lawn and driveway.

They are offering us a bit of money for the trees they have to remove and for the right of way. I think it should be more but not much arguing I can do on that. I don't think you can fight county hall any better than city hall, and besides, city hall is in on this deal too. It's just that the county is paying for this particular stretch in their joint agreement.

If it were up to us, there would be no sidewalk as we don't see a need for one.

On the plus, at least two of the trees are trees I've been wanting to take down anyway, though I'm not telling them. Since they are paying US for the trees that I would have had to pay to have removed we win on that one for sure!

Also, they'll be re-sloping and re-doing the bottom half of the driveway, which could use some work though we hadn't anticipated having quite that much done to it.

Not sure where we're supposed to park while they are doing all this though, or how we're supposed to get in and out. I'm sure they have all that planned though for as minimal an impact on our ability to come and go as possible.

And I need to get out to a grocery store sometime today. Maybe Aldi.
    Rain is forecast for Saturday Afternoon / Evening into early Sunday and then Sunday should be dry.

As I see it You are correct that You could not win fighting them over it, You could try for more money I guess, OTOH at what cost, They have deeper pockets.
    The one good thing is You save on tree removal. Hopefully they do not make the driveway to steep.
    I've just noticed that our custom designed wedding bands are being featured on the web page of the jewelry store that made them to our specs! They had told us they wanted to do that. I guess they liked the design a lot. Look here to see our bands!
    It does appear that You are correct.

You may notice I'm running late, My brother was having problems with Malwarebytes Popup warnings. And then filling out the Homestead benefit form.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hey! Quick hello and stopping at Aldi for those rainbow colored baby carrots ($1.39) and then on to O's gymnastics. Marietta and I had a great lunch and much chatter. :)
    Got that last little bit of leaf chopped up with the lawn mower... so a good day, and tomorrow I will be making root soup! Looking forward to that!
    The Dollar Food hamburger will keep me Vegan for a very long time. I think there's a lot more of that out there and at higher prices than we realize. yuck

I've seen Chucks recipe for Vegan carrot and potato cheese. I have the recipe, but I've never made it...one day. We have a lot of winter ahead of us for 'kitchen time'

Ok, gotta go or my 'Root Soup' tomorrow is gonna be nearly root free soup...

Tomorrow...

Hi Valerie
    FWIW the Burgers at The Local Dollar tree are complete to bun and precooked so the only need Microwaving to be ready. They also sell White Castle Burgers in a package with Three for a Dollar. White Castles are also available in the freezer Section of most Grocery Stores around here or fresh at the White Castle location.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,325 Member
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Ed
    We have These
    and the

I am not happy with the New Firefox Interface for version 57.0 FWIW. I want to yell at the screen, WHY !

Our Dollar Tree has some of the same frozen breakfasts, but also has the roll of breakfast sausage, the milk, the canned biscuits, and eggs. However, we do NOT have a dozen eggs for $1.00. They usually have half a dozen, sometimes they have 8 eggs for a dollar. So his $4.00 Dollar Tree family breakfast could definitely be made from our dollar tree. Technically the addition of a handful of flour and his addition of the Worcestershire sauce did increase the cost slightly, but that was really a trivial amount of sauce and the same for the flour. Just a couple of tablespoons at most, so not a big deal.

A sausage gravy biscuit and a couple of eggs sounds like a decent breakfast to me! Now with only 6 eggs for a dollar, if I wanted to feed 4 or 5 people with that, I'd have to make it a $5.00 breakfast and get a second half dozen. But then we could have extra scrambled eggs for hungry people. He did mention that he had eggs left, even if he had made enough for more than just two people.

I would not be making THAT much of it for my breakfast, of course. So I guess I'd be having biscuits and gravy for breakfast, lunch and dinner! LOL

I don't use Firefox so don't know what you mean about the interface...
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2017
    After coming out of the grocery I noticed that the driver side front window of my van was partially down. As I had not left it that way, I was immediately concerned about the possibility of a break in but everything seemed to be otherwise in order.

It turned out that the window had fallen and couldn't get up! That is being worked on now at a local mechanic shop.

It also impacted lunch plans, as my plan had been to make lunch when I got home, but instead, I put the groceries away and, since J then had to come and get me from the mechanic shop, we stopped at Taco Bell for lunch on the way home. My van should be ready later this afternoon. And while it's there, they are also finally fixing that slow leak in the front passenger side tire! There turned out to be a nail in the tire.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hiya!!! I think this is a new record for lateness on my part.
    Dinner was 2 rice and bean Burritos, Lunch was the last of the split pea soup, and Breakfast a large Banana and a piece of avocado toast.
    Went to the gym...Not sure what else...little this and that...loaded and ran dishwasher, etc.
    Tom E is asleep on the couch and I think that is a dandy idea! (I in my bed though!)
    Tomorrow is hockey and Sunday rain, and I think cold too. Good day to stay indoors with chai tea and some great soup.

I'm not running FireFox either, though I used to years ago til the boys made me change!

Safari is on my Desktop

quick funny and then I'm really heading to bed.
    1. I think I live with 'klepto kitty' maybe. Things are disappearing around here.

2. iOS upgrade included a message that comes up if you're driving, saying that the message will be delivered later because recipient is currently driving....Well and good.
    Today at the gym I was watching CNN and riding the bike, typed out a message to Jack, and Message wasn't sent because I was driving?????? What the heck? Sitting on a recumbent bike and peddling is hardly 'driving'... and someone tried to call me (a legit call from someone I know) and because I was driving my bike in the gym, the call went straight to voice mail...LOL!

Night night!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 47 out there now with an expected high of 67 and 20% chance of rain.

We have a party this evening. I don't HAVE to pick up or bring anything and may not. I'm just not really feeling it and would blow it off entirely but I hate to do that. I may be feeling it more later.

Breakfast was a rare treat of a chili cheese dog.

Cats will be fed when I finish this current mug of tea.

Laundry perhaps tomorrow.

Sink is cleared and dishwasher is running.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    How it's made. Peanut butter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iUduCtx7cA
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2017
    How it's made. Goat cheese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6us5NnXtwkI
  • parityanimal

1. I think I live with 'klepto kitty' maybe. Things are disappearing around here.

What sorts of things are disappearing? Have you looked under the sofa and under other large pieces of furniture?

2. iOS upgrade included a message that comes up if you're driving, saying that the message will be delivered later because recipient is currently driving....Well and good.
    Today at the gym I was watching CNN and riding the bike, typed out a message to Jack, and Message wasn't sent because I was driving?????? What the heck? Sitting on a recumbent bike and peddling is hardly 'driving'... and someone tried to call me (a legit call from someone I know) and because I was driving my bike in the gym, the call went straight to voice mail...LOL!

Wow. I would have thought that unless one was moving at some pre-defined rate of speed, that it wouldn't think you were driving! And what if you're just a passenger?

I know in the Waze navigation app we use, that if you are moving rapidly it won't let you enter data or searches because it thinks you are in the app because you're driving. But it says so and offers you the option to indicate that you are a passenger, and then lets you go on. In one sense, it defeats the safety purpose of the feature, as the driver could just claim to be a passenger, but on the other hand, it DOES remind you that if you are driving you should not be trying to manipulate the phone and enter instructions and if you bypass that, it's your choice and at least you were warned.

I wonder if IOS has some way of setting better parameters for how to decide whether you are driving, walking, or sitting still. I mean I can see that it would be getting a certain amount of vibration from an exercise bike but it shouldn't think you're driving because you're not moving on the map! From that I would think that if you were riding a bus or a train it would also think you are driving and not let you do much. I feel sure there's a way around that. If not, then they need to get working on it!

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 28 on the porch and 31 on the cable channel. It was less comfortable while walking than yesterday :(
    I did see two Deer while looking down from a bridge over a brook.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/on-the-road/angry-mcdonalds-nuggets-man-charged-with-drink-driving-after-ordering-200-hash-browns/news-story/ec3f4e9414f676904fd1203ba440a461
    Angry ‘McDonald’s nuggets’ man charged with drink driving after ordering 200 hash browns
    Nick Whigham, news.com.au November 17, 2017

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/broken-heart-attack-damage-long-lasting-injury-cardiac-arrest-aberdeen-a8057961.html
    You may never fully recover from a broken heart
    Olivia Petter, Thursday 16 November 2017 10:43 GMT

http://www.cnn.com/style/article/asgardia-satellite-launch/index.html
    Asgardia, the world's first 'space nation', takes flight
    Published 16th November 2017 Written by Andrea Lo, CNN

https://www.wsj.com/articles/2018-porsche-911-gt2-rs-the-fastest-street-car-ever-1510857244
    2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS: The Fastest Street-Car Ever?
    This street-legal monster does 0-60 in 2.7 seconds and broke the track record at Germany’s famous Nurburgring.
    By Dan Neil, Nov. 16, 2017 1:34 p.m. ET

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 28 on the porch and 31 on the cable channel. It was less comfortable while walking than yesterday :(
    I did see two Deer while looking down from a bridge over a brook.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/on-the-road/angry-mcdonalds-nuggets-man-charged-with-drink-driving-after-ordering-200-hash-browns/news-story/ec3f4e9414f676904fd1203ba440a461
    Angry ‘McDonald’s nuggets’ man charged with drink driving after ordering 200 hash browns
    Nick Whigham, news.com.au November 17, 2017

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/broken-heart-attack-damage-long-lasting-injury-cardiac-arrest-aberdeen-a8057961.html
    You may never fully recover from a broken heart
    Olivia Petter, Thursday 16 November 2017 10:43 GMT

http://www.cnn.com/style/article/asgardia-satellite-launch/index.html
    Asgardia, the world's first 'space nation', takes flight
    Published 16th November 2017 Written by Andrea Lo, CNN

https://www.wsj.com/articles/2018-porsche-911-gt2-rs-the-fastest-street-car-ever-1510857244
    2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS: The Fastest Street-Car Ever?
    This street-legal monster does 0-60 in 2.7 seconds and broke the track record at Germany’s famous Nurburgring.
    By Dan Neil, Nov. 16, 2017 1:34 p.m. ET

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Ed
    We have These
    and the

Our Dollar Tree has some of the same frozen breakfasts, but also has the roll of breakfast sausage, the milk, the canned biscuits, and eggs. However, we do NOT have a dozen eggs for $1.00. They usually have half a dozen, sometimes they have 8 eggs for a dollar. So his $4.00 Dollar Tree family breakfast could definitely be made from our dollar tree. Technically the addition of a handful of flour and his addition of the Worcestershire sauce did increase the cost slightly, but that was really a trivial amount of sauce and the same for the flour. Just a couple of tablespoons at most, so not a big deal.

A sausage gravy biscuit and a couple of eggs sounds like a decent breakfast to me! Now with only 6 eggs for a dollar, if I wanted to feed 4 or 5 people with that, I'd have to make it a $5.00 breakfast and get a second half dozen. But then we could have extra scrambled eggs for hungry people. He did mention that he had eggs left, even if he had made enough for more than just two people.

I would not be making THAT much of it for my breakfast, of course. So I guess I'd be having biscuits and gravy for breakfast, lunch and dinner! LOL

I don't use Firefox so don't know what you mean about the interface...

Hi Ed
    They might have the Sausage, I never looked TBH. I do get my Milk there, it is shelf stable UHT milk that usually has 10 to 11 months before the use by date. The first to sell out seems to be the 1% followed by the whole milk and usually the 2% is available as is the soy milk.

They did have eggs on sale in the past and they may still carry them, I think they usually come in 8 to the carton.

There freezer section carries 4 ounce Pork chops and steaks. I do pick up the Nathans Hot Dogs that come on hot dog on a bun for $1, I occasionally use them as a dinner or lunch when I have a taste for Hot Dogs.

The Firefox upgrade in version number changed the interface and removed the ability for most of my add ons to run. One I really miss is NoScript that controls Java in handy fashion. With it gone I keep having a video advertisement run here in MFP and the only replacement I found only enables or disables JavaScript for the entire page which breaks MFP.
    After coming out of the grocery I noticed that the driver side front window of my van was partially down. As I had not left it that way, I was immediately concerned about the possibility of a break in but everything seemed to be otherwise in order.

It turned out that the window had fallen and couldn't get up! That is being worked on now at a local mechanic shop.

It also impacted lunch plans, as my plan had been to make lunch when I got home, but instead, I put the groceries away and, since J then had to come and get me from the mechanic shop, we stopped at Taco Bell for lunch on the way home. My van should be ready later this afternoon. And while it's there, they are also finally fixing that slow leak in the front passenger side tire! There turned out to be a nail in the tire.
    I had to get the Passenger side window fixed on the Buick recently. The Regulator mechanism failed and I had the same problem, I glanced over as I was getting out and it was part way down too. It would not stay up and since there was rain in the forecast I used Painters tape to hold it up until it could be fixed. I used Painters tape as it leaves no residue on the paint, Rubber window gasket or window.

That is the beauty of Tubeless tires, A nail usually gives a slow leak versus the old Tube type tires where You get a nail and real quick a flat tire.
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 47 out there now with an expected high of 67 and 20% chance of rain.

We have a party this evening. I don't HAVE to pick up or bring anything and may not. I'm just not really feeling it and would blow it off entirely but I hate to do that. I may be feeling it more later.

Breakfast was a rare treat of a chili cheese dog.

Cats will be fed when I finish this current mug of tea.

Laundry perhaps tomorrow.

Sink is cleared and dishwasher is running.
    I am not calling today sensational, The day is dreary looking with no Sun showing. There is rain in the forecast for this afternoon / evening into tomorrow.

I have some more Vacuum sealing to do later today. Yesterday we broke down a Whole Pork Loin into Chops, Pieces to be turned into Breakfast Sausage Patties and a Roast that served as part of Dinner for myself and my Brother.
    Then My brother decided to make Sweet Potato Bread as 6 small loaves and need to be vacuum sealed until needed.

Ah ha, I'm ahead of You my laundry was washed and folded two days ago. I have enough clothes that I can get away with doing it every other week, aided by the high capacity washing machine.

I had been putting some Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese on my Nathans and the NS Hamburger until it got to old, It was not a huge loss as I had used most of it and it was really cheap on sale when I picked it up.

What sorts of things are disappearing? Have you looked under the sofa and under other large pieces of furniture?

Wow. I would have thought that unless one was moving at some pre-defined rate of speed, that it wouldn't think you were driving! And what if you're just a passenger?

I know in the Waze navigation app we use, that if you are moving rapidly it won't let you enter data or searches because it thinks you are in the app because you're driving. But it says so and offers you the option to indicate that you are a passenger, and then lets you go on. In one sense, it defeats the safety purpose of the feature, as the driver could just claim to be a passenger, but on the other hand, it DOES remind you that if you are driving you should not be trying to manipulate the phone and enter instructions and if you bypass that, it's your choice and at least you were warned.

I wonder if IOS has some way of setting better parameters for how to decide whether you are driving, walking, or sitting still. I mean I can see that it would be getting a certain amount of vibration from an exercise bike but it shouldn't think you're driving because you're not moving on the map! From that I would think that if you were riding a bus or a train it would also think you are driving and not let you do much. I feel sure there's a way around that. If not, then they need to get working on it!
    That is a good suggestion, It could and should have some easy settings to enable or disable.
    I saw a news broadcast yesterday the more or less seemed to say that the makers slowed down smartphones shortly before a new model was released to help sell the new model. Not using one I do not know if they were correct regarding the slowdown or not.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hiya!!! I think this is a new record for lateness on my part.
    Dinner was 2 rice and bean Burritos, Lunch was the last of the split pea soup, and Breakfast a large Banana and a piece of avocado toast.
    Went to the gym...Not sure what else...little this and that...loaded and ran dishwasher, etc.
    Tom E is asleep on the couch and I think that is a dandy idea! (I in my bed though!)
    Tomorrow is hockey and Sunday rain, and I think cold too. Good day to stay indoors with chai tea and some great soup.

I'm not running FireFox either, though I used to years ago til the boys made me change!

Safari is on my Desktop

quick funny and then I'm really heading to bed.

Night night!

Hi Valerie
    I like Split Pea Soup, when my brother makes it I have to add salt as he uses no salt in cooking :) The Split Pea Soup from a nearby eatery is thick and tasty I also love the Croutons they make there with it.

I was happy with it until this latest version upgrade.

I hope You figure the driving feature out, It sounds like Nanny Apple deciding what You need rather than just telling You the feature is there and telling how to enable it if desired.

It really sounds like a simple motion detector and not well thought out either.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Well, the party went well. Before the party, though, we were busy in the afternoon and I didn't have time to make anything. There was still plenty of food and I brought home food even though I didn't take any to the party. I got the ham bone and the remaining sliced ham as the host didn't want it. I successfully pawned off the half pecan pie that was left onto another party goer so that it wouldn't tempt me to bring it home. Yes, we were helping with clean up. LOL.

I'll freeze the ham chunks and bone for a pot of black eyed peas for new year. I'll freeze the slices too but some may come out to supplement Thanksgiving with the rest staying for other meals.

We were too busy for me to make anything because we were interviewing (and being interviewed by) young kittens/cats and then filling out adoption papers for this lovely young queen. She is quite small and was very undernourished when they got her but is looking quite good now, and her kittens also looked fine. Someone else will hopefully be adopting the kittens soon, but we think the queen (mother cat) will be a good playmate for Kiara and may take some of the stress off of Lilo. She'll be spayed Monday and we will probably be bringing her home sometime next week.

We are probably going to name her Dinah.

h3a6hoh0zrhr.jpg

wcwwdry373ws.jpg

y5qbo3um4x0q.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 44 out there now with an expected high of 51 and 0% chance of rain. It didn't get as cold overnight as expected but is now expected to get even colder tonight with an expected low of 29. I am NOT dreaming of a white Thanksgiving but one never knows, do one?

Actually I haven't looked that far into the forecast. I generally do just a day or two at a time.

Breakfast this morning was fried leftover HoneyBaked ham from last night's party, along with some toasted 40 cal/slice whole wheat bread with light butter (50% LESS FAT) and two scrambled eggs, scrambled after the ham.

It was nice for a change to not be bringing any food to the party and, also for a change, to have some food to bring home from the party that I actually wanted to bring home. I froze the bulk of the leftover ham but there is a small plate of slices in the refrigerator to nibble on for the next couple of days, so I think I can predict, probably, my next two breakfasts. Fried ham with eggs is a favorite breakfast but one I don't have very often

Sink has been cleared. The two current cats will be fed when I finish this second mug of tea. Laundry later.

Probably hardware store too as one of J's plant lights burned out in a rather smelly fashion this morning and as all four bulbs went out when it sizzled, I think the unit itself is probably fried. It went while I was enjoying my breakfast and some of the aroma accompanied the second half of breakfast but that really didn't lessen my enjoyment of the tasty food. I did flip the switch on the unit to OFF as well, but don't really think it would have mattered.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    This would have been a good one for Halloween. Top scary tombstone messages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxCTYt4YhKk
  • parityanimal
    Stuart does another international food special. May contain some adult language!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2M-m9ki5aw