Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,326 Member
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

44 out there now with an expected high of 65 and 0% chance of rain.

I've been up for quite a while but distracted by the usual stuff.

Need to clear the sink and run the dishwasher.

We will be taking Lilo in this afternoon for another follow up urinalysis, to see if she's still got a a lot of bacteria in her urine.

If she does, I'm not sure what the next steps would be or how far we will take it. Probably an ultrasound would be next, if we want to continue to pursue this. As that isn't TERRIBLY expensive, we'll probably do that if needed, but as she's nearly 15, if this persists, without any apparent cause, we may just have to keep her comfortable. Not happy thinking about that so let's hope for the best.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning..
    Really quick hello...10:30 appt with chiro this morning...and I just finished chewing the last bites of my Breakfast Burrito...
    Will come back later, day goes like this...Chiro, Whole Foods Midtown Store, returns to Walmart. If I drank alcohol or did any kind of drugs I'd swear I was 'influenced' when I made that last trip..I bought 2 items that were in the wrong size...a lot in the wrong size. All I wanted was a couple pairs of sweat pants to wear around the house to stay warm this winter....geesh.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Home again...5 hours later....
    Monday I am getting my hearing evaluation, and we'll see where that goes...
    I so hope this goes well...the last place was a mistake. I have no doubt the hearing aids were not at fault...but the tech's just never could understand what I needed/wanted. Sad when you have several thousand dollars sitting in your ears, and still cant hear diddly squat!

I think its too late for lunch, but I'm going to eat it anyhow! :) Then if any light left I may try to blow the leaves off the driveway. They're still pretty damp, so this may well be an exercise in futility.

Ed, thinking of you and Lilo. Hope her urine is clear, meaning its much much better. Poor old kitty. Let us know how things are with her.

Roger, I'm so sorry your weather is getting colder...but at least you're not in Chicago like Ahren, last I saw last night they were expecting snow!!! ugh!!
  • parityanimal
    Well, Lilo wasn't giving any up this afternoon. We'll try again on Sunday afternoon. J has been working on some kind of difficult programming issue tonight so I basically just made food, put it in front of him, and it got eaten.

I wasn't feeling like cooking all that much myself but we had pizza earlier in the week and I wasn't going to order that again. Finally made spaghetti with sauce from a jar. I baked a couple of plain chicken tenders for extra protein for my meal. Lilo had a few bites of the chicken too, and heartily approved.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's superlative Saturday!

41 out there now with an expected high of 53 and no chance of rain.

We have regional orchid judging photography today. And while out we need to buy a few hospitality supplies for the local orchid society meetings. Rather than being reimbursed, I've got the permission of the treasurer to use the society's credit card to buy the supplies and then give him the receipt. J, as president, has one of the two cards so we'll do that while out.

Now I need to finish this mug of tea, clear the sink, feed the cats, and get showered, after which I may have a couple more mugs of tea.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    As seen on TV products that were surprisingly awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74MRyztl3jQ
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2017
  • parityanimal
    Kids try snacks from New Zealand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQW_hJZc6sU
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    HuQaUf.jpg

G7kESG.jpg
    Some Expression on the Dog

0i8qFe.jpg

RCPsdt.jpg

6JCRCQ.jpg

SL57Zl.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did more walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 23 on the porch and 25 on the cable channel. As I was walking I could feel the cold through my sweatshirt under my Hoodie and my nose felt the cold too.
    The Weather forecast from Friday for a overnight low in the 20s for overnight was correct :(
    I got out for fruit Friday and Picked up a 5 pound box of Tangerines and a 3 pound bag of Fuji Apples.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/658800/Lion-Russia-cloning-Jurassic-Park-dinosaur-Siberia
    CLONING BREAKTHROUGH: 50,000-year-old frozen lion cub shows Jurassic Park COULD happen
    By Anthony Blair / Published 9th November 2017

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nazi-holiday-camp-built-hitler-11491742
    Nazi holiday camp built by Hitler before World War 2 becomes luxury resort with apartments on sale for £500k
    Convert 500000 British Pound (GBP) to US Dollar (USD) For 500000 GBP, at the 2017-11-08 exchange rate, you will have 655505.91030 USD.
    By Kara O'Neill, 11:29, 9 NOV 2017, Updated14:53, 9 NOV 2017

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/658691/Tiangong-1-space-station-china-european-space-agency-esa-china-spacecraft
    Warning out-of-control space station could RAIN FIRE on Europe before smashing into Earth
    By Rachel O'Donoghue / Published 9th November 2017

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/news/654372/netflix-hidden-codes-categories-shows-secret-streaming-cost
    REVEALED: Secret Netflix codes that unlock hidden TV show categories
    By Rachel O'Donoghue / Published 4th November 2017

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/11/08/texting-crossing-the-street/
    Texting While Crossing The Street? It Could Cost You
    November 8, 2017 10:48 PM

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    "As seen on TV" scams
    Hi Ed
    I'll have to look at this when I get done with my messages :)
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

44 out there now with an expected high of 65 and 0% chance of rain.

I've been up for quite a while but distracted by the usual stuff.

Need to clear the sink and run the dishwasher.

We will be taking Lilo in this afternoon for another follow up urinalysis, to see if she's still got a a lot of bacteria in her urine.

If she does, I'm not sure what the next steps would be or how far we will take it. Probably an ultrasound would be next, if we want to continue to pursue this. As that isn't TERRIBLY expensive, we'll probably do that if needed, but as she's nearly 15, if this persists, without any apparent cause, we may just have to keep her comfortable. Not happy thinking about that so let's hope for the best.
    Well, Lilo wasn't giving any up this afternoon. We'll try again on Sunday afternoon. J has been working on some kind of difficult programming issue tonight so I basically just made food, put it in front of him, and it got eaten.

I wasn't feeling like cooking all that much myself but we had pizza earlier in the week and I wasn't going to order that again. Finally made spaghetti with sauce from a jar. I baked a couple of plain chicken tenders for extra protein for my meal. Lilo had a few bites of the chicken too, and heartily approved.
    Good Luck with Lilo

That reminds me I have Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts in the freezer, My next decision is how to cook them, Have my Brother pick up a can of Cream of Mushroom and pour it over them before baking or Open a can of Tomato sauce and Turn them into Chicken Parm :)
    Howdy y'all. It's superlative Saturday!

41 out there now with an expected high of 53 and no chance of rain.

We have regional orchid judging photography today. And while out we need to buy a few hospitality supplies for the local orchid society meetings. Rather than being reimbursed, I've got the permission of the treasurer to use the society's credit card to buy the supplies and then give him the receipt. J, as president, has one of the two cards so we'll do that while out.

Now I need to finish this mug of tea, clear the sink, feed the cats, and get showered, after which I may have a couple more mugs of tea.
    With the colder weather arriving last night was the first night since Last Spring that I felt the need to leave the heat turned on.

That sounds like a better method to me rather than having to wait and be reimbursed.

Have a Good Day at the Judging
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning..
    Really quick hello...10:30 appt with chiro this morning...and I just finished chewing the last bites of my Breakfast Burrito...
    Will come back later, day goes like this...Chiro, Whole Foods Midtown Store, returns to Walmart. If I drank alcohol or did any kind of drugs I'd swear I was 'influenced' when I made that last trip..I bought 2 items that were in the wrong size...a lot in the wrong size. All I wanted was a couple pairs of sweat pants to wear around the house to stay warm this winter....geesh.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Busy day for You Friday...
    Have You noticed that the same size clothing fits differently depending on the brand ?
    Home again...5 hours later....
    Monday I am getting my hearing evaluation, and we'll see where that goes...
    I so hope this goes well...the last place was a mistake. I have no doubt the hearing aids were not at fault...but the tech's just never could understand what I needed/wanted. Sad when you have several thousand dollars sitting in your ears, and still cant hear diddly squat!

I think its too late for lunch, but I'm going to eat it anyhow! :) Then if any light left I may try to blow the leaves off the driveway. They're still pretty damp, so this may well be an exercise in futility.

Ed, thinking of you and Lilo. Hope her urine is clear, meaning its much much better. Poor old kitty. Let us know how things are with her.

Roger, I'm so sorry your weather is getting colder...but at least you're not in Chicago like Ahren, last I saw last night they were expecting snow!!! ugh!!

I would be aggravated if I still could not hear and then felt like I was talking to the wall.

I'm sorry it is getting colder too. On the good side at least no snow in the forecast, yet.

Have a Good Weekend
    Good Luck Monday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    I am never going in the ocean again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG8wjnBKBPA
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2017
    RogerToo wrote: »

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/658800/Lion-Russia-cloning-Jurassic-Park-dinosaur-Siberia
    CLONING BREAKTHROUGH: 50,000-year-old frozen lion cub shows Jurassic Park COULD happen
    By Anthony Blair / Published 9th November 2017

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nazi-holiday-camp-built-hitler-11491742
    Nazi holiday camp built by Hitler before World War 2 becomes luxury resort with apartments on sale for £500k
    Convert 500000 British Pound (GBP) to US Dollar (USD) For 500000 GBP, at the 2017-11-08 exchange rate, you will have 655505.91030 USD.
    By Kara O'Neill, 11:29, 9 NOV 2017, Updated14:53, 9 NOV 2017

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/658691/Tiangong-1-space-station-china-european-space-agency-esa-china-spacecraft
    Warning out-of-control space station could RAIN FIRE on Europe before smashing into Earth
    By Rachel O'Donoghue / Published 9th November 2017

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/news/654372/netflix-hidden-codes-categories-shows-secret-streaming-cost
    REVEALED: Secret Netflix codes that unlock hidden TV show categories
    By Rachel O'Donoghue / Published 4th November 2017

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/11/08/texting-crossing-the-street/
    Texting While Crossing The Street? It Could Cost You
    November 8, 2017 10:48 PM

Hmmm. Interesting article on the frozen lion cub. Not sure how much credence to give that though, considering it's the Daily Star.

I wonder why it took them so long to develop the old Nazi luxury resort. It seems that the site would have been done over long ago Perhaps they were trying to keep it intact for historical value, even though it had never actually been completed or used.

Any time any space debris falls to earth I wonder where it's going to land and whether it's going to cause any serious damage. I'm kind of surprised we haven't developed some sort of method of destroying these things before they plunge to earth, at least breaking them up into tiny bits that will burn up on re-entry.

I may have to browse all the Netflix codes to see how precise they get and whether I can find old favorites that way more easily.

Texting while crossing the street does sound dangerous. Many people don't seem to be capable of walking and texting at the same time anyway, much less doing it while crossing a busy street!

• parityanimal
    Interesting Easter Island explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4U5Y7MSAJc
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning! Brrrrrrrr! I think if the wind would stop it wouldn't be half bad out there?
    So far the temp has only come up to 44...not gonna be a sunny day at the beach here today.

Just reheated my coffee mug, and pulled the ingredients out of the refrigerator and pantry to make a nice pot of vegan gravy...and a hot baked (microwaved) potato sounds to me like the beginnings of a hot breakfast. I've already eaten my morning banana :)

Not sure what's on my agenda today. Obviously nothing urgent! Maybe some laundry? My original idea from yesterday was blowing leaves, but..at the rate the wind is blowing it would be silly to even try.

Something is giving me issues...Facebook isn't loading...and then I was going to watch the surprising junk TV things that actually did work, and finally gave up. Email, this web site, my banking etc are all behaving nicely So it appears maybe its just video? Great. All I need is computer problems...might have to just go back to bed!?

Later... (hunger wins)

• parityanimal
    Something is giving me issues...Facebook isn't loading...and then I was going to watch the surprising junk TV things that actually did work, and finally gave up. Email, this web site, my banking etc are all behaving nicely So it appears maybe its just video? Great. All I need is computer problems...might have to just go back to bed!?

I usually try a reboot and see if that fixes things.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Yeah Ed, I've done that several times. Yesterday all day I couldn't load notifications...however when I woke about 3:30a. today it worked beautifully....and then this morning about 9:30 or so, no loading again. Been the same pretty much all day. I decided to skip back-up this morning just incase it is a 'whyrus' or something on my end. Didn't want to save a corrupt copy. If that makes any sense.
    As I think back, fb has been kinda cranky for a about 10 days, cuz I had Ted look at it last weekend. And of course it worked beautifully and he thinks I'm nuts. Oh well!
    Some of my email came up saying no content...yet if I looked at it on my phone, the message was there... just crazy nuts.

Oh, the 'whyrus' is the phonetic of a former Doc's 'virus'...same guy always also had a 'pea-ill' for everything.

I think I'm going to take a shower to warm up. I already raised the heat...still cold. :( gonna be a long long winter.