Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,322 Member
    Roger, your comics and pics were exceptionally funny this morning! Great job! I may steal ALL of them. LOL.
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadeshepard/2017/11/27/americans-are-receiving-unordered-parcels-from-chinese-e-criminals-and-cant-do-anything-about-it/#2e1c19d273da
    Americans Are Receiving Unordered Parcels From Chinese E-Criminals -- And Can't Do Anything To Stop Them
    By Wade Shepard, Nov 27, 2017 @ 11:47 PM 703,891

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/cathay-pacific-crew-saw-north-korean-missile.html
    Cathay Pacific crew saw North Korean missile from plane
    By Holly Ellyatt, December 4, 2017

http://www.ajc.com/news/possum-breaks-into-liquor-store-gets-drunk-skunk/OTgKXjDtikIbTMs6VpTayM/
    Opossum breaks into liquor store, gets drunk as a skunk
    By Bob D’Angelo, 3:28 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017 Atlanta News

http://beta.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-lopez-vegas-transplants-20171203-story.html
    They're leaving California for Las Vegas to find the middle-class life that eluded them
    By Steve Lopez, Dec 03, 2017

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/04/germany-offers-money-for-migrants-who-go-back-home.html
    Germany offers money for migrants who go back home

Roger

Unwanted hair ties. Well, at least she wasn't charged for them! It seems odd to me that they have to actually ship packages to raise their rating, but I guess that's just in case of an external audit so they can verify that a purchase was actually shipped.

It would be awfully scary to actually witness a missile explosion at fairly close range.

I guess "drunk as a skunk" might start being replaced by ... well, what rhymes with opossum?

Having been to Las Vegas quite a few times, I wouldn't want to live there. Maybe somewhere in the suburbs...

I guess offering a payoff might work, if you can ensure that the migrants won't be sneaking back.
  • parityanimal
    vw54i92jffnl.jpg
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 56 out there now with an expected high of 67 and 90% chance of rain!

Sounds like a good day to stay indoors and, hopefully, dry.

I have given Lilo her shot and treat (all three get a treat when she gets a shot), and eaten my breakfast. Need to clear the sink and maybe do some laundry. We'll see on the laundry...

Drinking my second mug of tea now.

After my breakfast, the cats had a little togetherness.
    Hi Again
    I agree, Stay indoors when inclement weather threatens. I am happy that rain stayed away while I was out walking, That means that last nights weather forecast was wrong when they showed showers this morning. For where I am anyway.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi Guys!
    Quick hello, and then I need to get dressed in 'street clothes', and make my weekly journey to Lawrenceville for my next Hearing Aid lesson. After that will depend on the weather. Rain and I come straight home...not rain and I may do a bit of shopping, or hit the gym, etc.

All well here...still can't get Tom to hold still for his weigh in...

I roasted 2 pans of veggies...a sliced baked potato that went into the iron skillet along with asparagus stems, and a quartered onion. The rimmed sheet pan had cauliflower, multicolored carrots, more asparagus stems...all are good, but the asparagus stems are a bit 'tough' they do much better steamed of 'wet' cooked. I had a bowl full of veg. for breakfast while watching Emmy eating crunchy insects!!! I've had crickets, though it was years ago...crunchy!

I intend to be back later today. What does rhyme with opossum? maybe assume? hmmm maybe. I still have more reading to do. :)

• GardenKatGardens
    I just found cartoons and a question from Roger about the big noise....
    I think that is in reference to the big noise the other night...I called Tom and got no answer...after walking thru the parts of the house that he has access to, I came back thru the foyer and there in the living room, sat the 'big cardboard box' and 2 visible paws and a kitty nose and two very big eyes that looked remarkably like Tom E's!!! LOL. I don't know where he jumped from, but even he looked startled!!! I'm guessing I could leave that box there til Tom jumps over the rainbow bridge and he'd never go near it again!!! Poor ole cat!

Ok, more reading and laughing at cartoons later, right now I've got to get ready, or go to the hearing aid lesson in my pink jammies with a fox on the front of the top...(was on sale, cheap, and not to leave the house)

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Had a good session with ear guy! Really liking this dude!!!
    Left Lawrenceville to drive down Old Alabama...and got lost...Had to pull over and ask Siri to take me to Reynolds Crossing. (sad to be less than 5 miles from home, and lost!) Grateful for Siri!! Then home, then the gym,and at 4ish call from Jack. I'm going to read, then sleep!

Roger you will no doubt be happy to know that Ed did indeed post many if not all of your cartoons to fb.

Tomorrow shopping with Marietta. Their house is already under contract! That was fast!
    I'm sure I'll hear more tomorrow as we shop!

I'm going to bed...should read and check on Scrabble, and my jigsaw puzzle and hopefully asleep by 9-ish!!

See you in the morning!
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday. Yes, I'm up at 2:30 in the morning. I woke up about quarter to two with incredibly congested sinus, and that delightful sore throat and cough so at 2:00 I was in Walgreens reading labels.

I have taken stuff and am sucking a sugar free Ricola menthol and "original herb" cough drop. When the stuff has, hopefully, kicked in and the cough drop gone, then back to bed. I'm sure the cats think I've lost my mind.

If J hadn't gone to Myrtle Beach for a work conference (new job) and taken all his cold medicine with him, I wouldn't have been in Walgreens at 2:00 in the morning. I'd have just taken some of his.

Last night we did talk on the phone and surprisingly his new job brings him back together with some people he used to work with long ago, in Memphis.

I'm a few days behind J on this cold, and I'm sure he brought it back with him from Kentucky after Thanksgiving. He always seems to bring one back from there. I don't think it's the bluegrass state at all, but the cough and congestion state!

Let me look for funnies/interesting videos while finishing this cough drop. I may sleep late this morning if I can and if the cats will let me.

Oh, checked blood glucose since being sick can affect that. 120, which, for me, is perfectly normal for this hour of the morning...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    How it's made: Breath mints

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QstxI4NJl_E
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2017
    Saving the best for last. Chocolate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkVlDRiB7j8
  • RogerToo
    ZdqQcp.jpg

egSUci.jpg

qJ69Nl.jpg

zl4qcH.jpg

o7qAdd.jpg

89gcKF.jpg

e5yIMW.jpg

Ht4Gyd.jpg
    Historical Image
    Hindenburg over NYC 1935
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I went out walking once again this Morning. The temperature this morning was 51 on the porch and 51 on the cable channel. I was under-dressed for my walk as result of that reading. When I got going the wind kept picking up and the wind chill told me I should have dressed warmer, thus I did not cover as much distance as usual :(
    The forecast rain came in later than forecast as well as lighter and left earlier. The streets and sidewalks were already dry when I went out the door, I suspect the wind helped with that.

http://investigations.blog.ajc.com/2017/12/04/with-fake-ids-three-georgia-men-collected-666537-prosecutors-say/
    With fake IDs, three Georgia men collected $666,537, prosecutors say
    Lois Norder, December 4, 2017

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/12/04/ups-drivers-against-70-hour-week/
    UPS Drivers To Demonstrate Against 70-Hour Work Week
    December 4, 2017 9:54 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/12/04/two-doctors-fired-after-dead-baby-wakes-up-way-funeral/919346001/
    Two doctors fired after 'dead' baby wakes up on way to funeral
    John Bacon, USA TODAY | Updated 2:34 p.m. ET Dec. 4, 2017

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/interpreter-delivered-confusion-florida-news-conference-51559392
    Sign language interpreter delivered gibberish in Florida
    By The Associated Press, TAMPA, Fla. — Dec 4, 2017, 4:21 PM ET

Have a Really Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Guys!
    Quick hello, and then I need to get dressed in 'street clothes', and make my weekly journey to Lawrenceville for my next Hearing Aid lesson. After that will depend on the weather. Rain and I come straight home...not rain and I may do a bit of shopping, or hit the gym, etc.

All well here...still can't get Tom to hold still for his weigh in...

I roasted 2 pans of veggies...a sliced baked potato that went into the iron skillet along with asparagus stems, and a quartered onion. The rimmed sheet pan had cauliflower, multicolored carrots, more asparagus stems...all are good, but the asparagus stems are a bit 'tough' they do much better steamed of 'wet' cooked. I had a bowl full of veg. for breakfast while watching Emmy eating crunchy insects!!! I've had crickets, though it was years ago...crunchy!

I intend to be back later today. What does rhyme with opossum? maybe assume? hmmm maybe. I still have more reading to do. :)
    Hi Valerie
    I think I shall be passing on eating bugs on purpose :)
    We eat enough bug fragments as is.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/31/health/bugs-in-spices/index.html
    What's in your spices? Bug parts and rat hair
    By Jen Christensen, CNN, Updated 2:36 PM ET, Thu October 31, 2013

You may inadvertently be getting more than you bargained for when you put paprika in your chicken paprikash.
    A new Food and Drug Administration report, "Pathogens and Filth in Spices," says that 12% of U.S. spice imports are contaminated with bug parts, rodent hairs and other ingredients more appropriate to a witches' brew than your mother's favorite recipe.

I just found cartoons and a question from Roger about the big noise....
    I think that is in reference to the big noise the other night...I called Tom and got no answer...after walking thru the parts of the house that he has access to, I came back thru the foyer and there in the living room, sat the 'big cardboard box' and 2 visible paws and a kitty nose and two very big eyes that looked remarkably like Tom E's!!! LOL. I don't know where he jumped from, but even he looked startled!!! I'm guessing I could leave that box there til Tom jumps over the rainbow bridge and he'd never go near it again!!! Poor ole cat!

Ok, more reading and laughing at cartoons later, right now I've got to get ready, or go to the hearing aid lesson in my pink jammies with a fox on the front of the top...(was on sale, cheap, and not to leave the house)

Later...
    I appreciate knowing what the big noise was. You might be right about the box.

Nothing wrong with buying a bargain, It is not as if You were planning to wear them in public. OTOH I have seen women in Pjs putting out or bringing in the garbage cans while walking, so...
    Had a good session with ear guy! Really liking this dude!!!
    Left Lawrenceville to drive down Old Alabama...and got lost...Had to pull over and ask Siri to take me to Reynolds Crossing. (sad to be less than 5 miles from home, and lost!) Grateful for Siri!! Then home, then the gym,and at 4ish call from Jack. I'm going to read, then sleep!

Roger you will no doubt be happy to know that Ed did indeed post many if not all of your cartoons to fb.

Tomorrow shopping with Marietta. Their house is already under contract! That was fast!
    I'm sure I'll hear more tomorrow as we shop!

I'm going to bed...should read and check on Scrabble, and my jigsaw puzzle and hopefully asleep by 9-ish!!

See you in the morning!

Just curious, are there many more sessions with the ear guy left ?

Siri, I would just pull out the map :)

If I said I was mostly re-posting things my brother sends me.

I need to run down to the basement freezer and bring up a set of frozen NS breakfasts since I have switched back to Hot Breakfasts and will be eating them until I have had one each of the NS breakfasts at which point I will switch back to Cereal until the quart of milk is used up and then the Hot / cold cycle begins again.

Thank You for the Info
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday. Yes, I'm up at 2:30 in the morning. I woke up about quarter to two with incredibly congested sinus, and that delightful sore throat and cough so at 2:00 I was in Walgreens reading labels.

I have taken stuff and am sucking a sugar free Ricola menthol and "original herb" cough drop. When the stuff has, hopefully, kicked in and the cough drop gone, then back to bed. I'm sure the cats think I've lost my mind.

If J hadn't gone to Myrtle Beach for a work conference (new job) and taken all his cold medicine with him, I wouldn't have been in Walgreens at 2:00 in the morning. I'd have just taken some of his.

Last night we did talk on the phone and surprisingly his new job brings him back together with some people he used to work with long ago, in Memphis.

I'm a few days behind J on this cold, and I'm sure he brought it back with him from Kentucky after Thanksgiving. He always seems to bring one back from there. I don't think it's the bluegrass state at all, but the cough and congestion state!

Let me look for funnies/interesting videos while finishing this cough drop. I may sleep late this morning if I can and if the cats will let me.

Oh, checked blood glucose since being sick can affect that. 120, which, for me, is perfectly normal for this hour of the morning...
    Hi Ed
    I have "Fisherman's Friend" cough lozenges in the house if I need them for a sore throat.

Not uncommon to bring something back when away from home. Some People always seem to be more than willing to to go out in public with that deep cough and share their disease with everyone they see.

I was not aware that being sick could have that effect by itself, I would have thought it more likely to be caused by a change in eating habits while under the weather.

Get well Quickly
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Up for a minute to feed the cats. Going back down.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday. 41 out there now with an expected high of 50 and 60% chance of rain.

I dont' have much voice this morning, and maybe a little bit of fever, but not much. My temp is just a bit higher than my temp normally is, though I'm not sure if a doctor would classify this as a fever. My "normal is about a degree cooler than the average "normal" so a temp of 99, on first rising, is a bit off but not enough to cause concern.

I need to feed the cats in a while and probably go back to bed. Might go back after this first mug of tea...and feed them about 9:00 or 9:30 as usual. I could possibly have slept past 5:15, but the cats were practicing their wrestling moves. On the bed. On me. On the floor. At the vertical blinds. I gave up and got up.

I have eaten a little food myself, despite the idea not being all that appealing. Still, I have supplements and diabetic things to take in the morning that need to be taken with food, and I have to make sure that I eat enough fat to carry the meds and enough carbs to maintain until lunch. So I ate.

Guess I'll go look for interesting videos.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2017
    Irish people taste test fried chicken. May include some "adult" language, such as the word "KITTEN" or the like. Or it may not. You never know what this Irish group will say. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI7sTwCFWP4
  • parityanimal
    How it's made: Fig cookies and fortune cookies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIPmB92zmP0
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2017
    Gotham Steel Smokeless Grill review AS SEEN ON TV! Well, I didn't see it on TV but I guess some people did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKilkv4fpd4