B1r6dz.jpg

6SLXDd.jpg

ENJxcA.jpg

b5Ayes.jpg
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited December 2017
    Hi
    I went out walking once again this Morning. The temperature this morning was 27 on the porch and 33 on the cable channel :(

Last Month I got this email, Nothing suspicious there :)
    The perfect grammar and the fact that I do not have anything Chase is not a clue that it might be a scam. :)
    That IP address is usually a Subnet address as I remember it.
    Action Required: Chase Online Temporarily Suspended
    Dear Chase Online customer:
    Our Fraud Online support notices suspicious Sign On denied to your Online Banking Account from outside country IP Address: 255.255.255.240. In order For us to keep your Online Banking Active and Verified.
    Kindly verify your details with us for security purpose and avoid any activities suspension within 48 hours, Kindly Click Our secure web below to verify your Account by Clicking on here. Verify Your Account Here (Link was here, I did not post it)
    Sincerely,
    Chase Online Banking Team
    © 2017 JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/05/threat-real-millions-tokyo-take-part-north-korean-nuclear-attack/
    'The threat is very real': Millions in Tokyo to take part in North Korean nuclear attack exercise
    By Julian Ryall, in Tokyo, 5 December 2017 • 6:17am

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5069503/luxury-ovation-of-the-seas-diarrhoea-vomiting-boozy-brunch/
    waves of nausea Two hundred luxury Ovation of the Seas cruise ship passengers struck down with diarrhoea and vomiting bug and thousands more ‘sitting ducks’ after gorging on bottomless boozy brunch
    By Jon Lockett, Updated: 6th December 2017, 8:40 am

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-05/u-s-trade-deficit-is-widest-since-january-on-record-imports
    U.S. Trade Deficit Is Widest Since January
    By Sho Chandra, Updated on December 5, 2017, 8:48 AM EST

http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/article188153344.html
    Lawyers sue California because too many children can't read
    December 5, 2017 5:14 PM

https://www.clickorlando.com/strange-florida/skydiving-santa-crashes-into-tree-pole-before-hitting-florida-beach
    Skydiving Santa crashes into tree, pole before hitting Florida beach
    By AP Author, Updated: 9:49 AM, December 05, 2017

Have a Really Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday. 41 out there now with an expected high of 50 and 60% chance of rain.

I dont' have much voice this morning, and maybe a little bit of fever, but not much. My temp is just a bit higher than my temp normally is, though I'm not sure if a doctor would classify this as a fever. My "normal is about a degree cooler than the average "normal" so a temp of 99, on first rising, is a bit off but not enough to cause concern.

I need to feed the cats in a while and probably go back to bed. Might go back after this first mug of tea...and feed them about 9:00 or 9:30 as usual. I could possibly have slept past 5:15, but the cats were practicing their wrestling moves. On the bed. On me. On the floor. At the vertical blinds. I gave up and got up.

I have eaten a little food myself, despite the idea not being all that appealing. Still, I have supplements and diabetic things to take in the morning that need to be taken with food, and I have to make sure that I eat enough fat to carry the meds and enough carbs to maintain until lunch. So I ate.

Guess I'll go look for interesting videos.
    Hi Ed
    Interesting that You mention Your normal temp running below normal, My brothers is the same way :)

I would be ecstatic with those temperatures compared to what we do have currently, Lucky You and Valerie.

The fats help carry the meds ? I had not heard that one in all my years.

Get well Quickly
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited December 2017
    I see that I am tardy again...or as usual....?
    It was COLD and WET yesterday, and today looks like it could be the same...YUCK! How cold is it???? Ted and I have been texting about the weather...and I'd sent him a text saying my 'Weather Rock' was wet...yesterday he sent me a text inquiring if my weather rock could shiver!!! I replied that yes, it had not only shivered, but its teeth chattered too! Silly fun, but our 50 degree temps are not balmy and bright, maybe not to wish for?

Except for the weather, M and I had a fun afternoon. We had also planned to walk a small part of the belt line, but we ditched that idea. Weather too ugly and we were not dressed appropriately!

Today I'm roasting some more veggies...acorn squash, parsnips, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and beets! I'm also going to the gym...making 2 days this week and if I go tomorrow or Saturday I'll make my preferred 3 days. That and do my reading....I'm having a problem with that right now. I'm reading a book about the Blue Zones..the problem is I read my 10 minutes, and then read much longer silently to myself because its so interesting..this book is not going to last the week I'm afraid!!

Ed, stay in, dry, keep an eye on your BS, and your temp. (My temp always runs low like yours does.) Seriously if you need anything give me a call...I will deliver to your door step, ring the bell, and run. I do not want your cold!!! (I have had colds just before Christmas in the past and it wasn't much fun!)

Roger, I read the article about reading in California...that is just too sad for those kids. I remember living in the country in VA. between Richmond and Charlottesville, and being in a discussion with someone about the poor reading skills in the schools. 'She' said she thought everyone could read...I told her to watch people in the grocery store trying to read canned foods....and pointed out that when I went to get my drivers license they had a group of people that could not read, and were reading the questions to them for the license test. Now, that's really scary!!!
    Meanwhile, the cartoons were fun again today as usual! :) Laughter is a health promoting activity so my immune system also thanks you! LOL!!!

Cat thinks he needs attention...so I'd best tend to that. He got mad at me yesterday because I was watching an online something, and I later discovered he'd tipped over his litter box. Why? who the heck knows with that cat. And I KNOW it was clean litter cuz I'd just cleaned both the boxes. Little Brat!!!

Ok, gotta go.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,322 Member
    edited December 2017
    Much to my amazement the cats let me go back to bed and sleep until 9:45 before feeding them! Or maybe I just slept through some attempts to get me up. In either case, I got a bit more rest, which I needed.

Now pondering lunch options, but I don't have much in the house. I also don't want to get out to get anything and am NOT going to order delivery for lunch. I'm just not. I ordered a pizza for lunch once, long ago. It arrived promptly and it was good, but for some reason I just have a bias against ordering in for lunch, though I've done it for dinner lots of times.

I'll hold that option in reserve for tonight, and may use it. I have one can of chicken soup left from what I bought at Walgreens the other night (I didn't JUST buy medicine) and there's some sriracha chicken wings in the freezer. I also have some plain chicken tenders and some chicken stock that could be made into soup, along with some medium egg noodles, and I have bean and rice options. It's mostly a question of how much effort I feel like putting into it and what do I REALLY want to eat anyway?

• parityanimal
    I've managed to stay up for several hours at a time today anyway, but then have been lying back down for a while. Head seems...fuzzy? One reason I feel I do have a slight fever. That and the low grade headache, but ibuprofen seems to keep that at bay.

Don't feel like cooking so Eduardo is not needed tonight. Took me FOREVER to decide, finally, to order pizza. I should be able to manage a slice or two. Don't feel like eating at all, but I need something or my blood glucose will crash. Being sick can sometimes cause the body to release extra sugar into the blood, maybe to get the energy to fight the germs off? This time at least, that doesn't seem to be happening as yet, so there's much more danger of crashing.

I must have looked at various order-in options for over an hour. Chinese, Indian, Thai, etc. but nothing sounded good. Pizza doesn't sound great either but at least it doesn't sound revolting! LOL.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Well, the pizza (and a rather large salad) have been delivered, and I've eaten. Actually feel a little better, though I didn't have much appetite. I put some of the salad into a separate bowl, as it was far too much salad for me to eat tonight, as it usually is when I get a salad there. So I'l have salad for lunch tomorrow too, if I want it. And, of course, leftover pizza.

Some appetite did seem to come back when I started on the salad. Maybe the buttermilk ranch dressing triggered something, but by the time I finished that fairly small bowl of salad I was back to pondering the pizza warily. Still, I put two slices on a plate and ate that with my dinner time supplements and medicine, and, as I said, felt initially too full, but that passed after a while. The pizza semed awfully salty, but that's often the case. Still feel a bit feverish but I'm watching old Christmas movies ad otherwise amusing myself browsing the web.

• parityanimal
    edited December 2017
    15 cooking tricks from (supposedly) chefs, revealed at culinary schools. Take it all with a grain of salt. And some pepper and maybe a sprinkle of rosemary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCZaq9pSBxQ
  • parityanimal
    Simon's Cat, kitten collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvR5ZNegmxE
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 37 out there now with an expected high of... 37. Yep, it's as warm as it's going to get and in fact will show a cooling trend over the next 24 hours or so, bottoming out in the low 30s early tomorrow morning and maybe getting a tad warmer by tomorrow afternoon. Also 100% chance of rain today. I think I'll just stay inside and cuddle with the cats.

And eat leftover pizza. Which is what I had for breakfast. Again, didn't really feel like eating but made myself eat some of it with my supplements and morning meds. Again, this morning, blood glucose was in a good range. In fact, lower than usual for my mornings, which tend to be high.

I'm glad my body's reaction to this particular cold doesn't seem to involve raised blood glucose, as that can make the usual diabetic roller coaster even more unpredictable and it's already unpredictable enough, as sometimes one does all the "right" things and still, for some unknown reason, glucose is up.

Even less voice today than yesterday. I can't yell at the cats so I hope they behave. I can croak at them! But I don't think they understand frog.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    NviczR.jpg

IdbsjQ.jpg

tG1iPy.jpg

URWkNC.jpg

p6cbf8.jpg

aMaIqU.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I went out walking once again this Morning + 30 cents. The temperature this morning was 29 on the porch and 35 on the cable channel. On my arrival home I have checked the gauge in the backyard and it showing 38 degrees.
    The Weather forecast this morning shows that we should have some snow arriving tomorrow with 1 inch of the white crud falling in my area.

In the brief time I had the TV on this morning before leaving They showed a clip of Snow falling on the Alamo :)

https://apnews.com/adbc910fa9064d4fbdeab57f5157d861/Gun-maker's-exploding-rifle-leaves-trail-of-injured-hunters
    Gun maker's exploding rifle leaves trail of injured hunters
    By RYAN J. FOLEY

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/12/05/fort-lauderdale-least-safest-city/
    Fort Lauderdale Tops List Of Least Safest Cities, According To Wallethub
    December 5, 2017 at 6:45 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5150081/Heavy-marijuana-users-showing-ER-scromiting.html
    Mysterious condition dubbed 'scromiting' hits weed smokers across the US and causes them to vomit AND scream
    By Daniel Roth For Dailymail.com, Updated: 18:18 EST, 6 December 2017

https://apnews.com/bb67f6d7a42b422cb078ace8515b74c1/New-dinosaur-looks-like-odd-mix-of-duck,-croc,-ostrich,-swan
    New dinosaur looks like odd mix of duck, croc, ostrich, swan
    BY SETH BORENSTEIN, Yesterday

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/2017/11/01/yavapai-county-woman-loses-1-000-jury-duty-scam/824017001/
    Yavapai County woman loses $1,000 in jury duty scam
    Lurissa Carbajal, The Republic, Updated 8:59 p.m. MT Nov. 1, 2017

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-underground-passage-1.4428833
    This is a major discovery': Explorers find massive ice-age cavern beneath Montreal, Cathedral-like chamber, formed more than 15,000 years ago, features underground lake
    By Jaela Bernstien, CBC News Posted: Updated: Dec 05, 2017 2:46 PM ET

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2017/12/06/prescott-police-investigating-report-poisoning-daily-courier-newspaper-owner/921398001/
    Prescott newspaper owner says he was poisoned
    Megan Cassidy, The Republic, Updated 1:56 p.m.

Have a Really Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I see that I am tardy again...or as usual....?
    It was COLD and WET yesterday, and today looks like it could be the same...YUCK! How cold is it???? Ted and I have been texting about the weather...and I'd sent him a text saying my 'Weather Rock' was wet...yesterday he sent me a text inquiring if my weather rock could shiver!!! I replied that yes, it had not only shivered, but its teeth chattered too! Silly fun, but our 50 degree temps are not balmy and bright, maybe not to wish for?

Except for the weather, M and I had a fun afternoon. We had also planned to walk a small part of the belt line, but we ditched that idea. Weather too ugly and we were not dressed appropriately!
    Hi Valerie
    I need to get me one of those weather rocks, It could be a good at the weather forecast as some of the weather reports on the TV.

I have heard of the belt line, I saw it on a TV Show about house flipping in Atlanta when they bought a house that backed onto it.
    Today I'm roasting some more veggies...acorn squash, parsnips, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and beets! I'm also going to the gym...making 2 days this week and if I go tomorrow or Saturday I'll make my preferred 3 days. That and do my reading....I'm having a problem with that right now. I'm reading a book about the Blue Zones..the problem is I read my 10 minutes, and then read much longer silently to myself because its so interesting..this book is not going to last the week I'm afraid!!

Ed, stay in, dry, keep an eye on your BS, and your temp. (My temp always runs low like yours does.) Seriously if you need anything give me a call...I will deliver to your door step, ring the bell, and run. I do not want your cold!!! (I have had colds just before Christmas in the past and it wasn't much fun!)

Roger, I read the article about reading in California...that is just too sad for those kids. I remember living in the country in VA. between Richmond and Charlottesville, and being in a discussion with someone about the poor reading skills in the schools. 'She' said she thought everyone could read...I told her to watch people in the grocery store trying to read canned foods....and pointed out that when I went to get my drivers license they had a group of people that could not read, and were reading the questions to them for the license test. Now, that's really scary!!!
    Meanwhile, the cartoons were fun again today as usual! :) Laughter is a health promoting activity so my immune system also thanks you! LOL!!!

Cat thinks he needs attention...so I'd best tend to that. He got mad at me yesterday because I was watching an online something, and I later discovered he'd tipped over his litter box. Why? who the heck knows with that cat. And I KNOW it was clean litter cuz I'd just cleaned both the boxes. Little Brat!!!

Ok, gotta go.

Later...

I'm with You, I have no desire to be sick heading into Christmas or New Years Eve.

Literacy is important these days which makes it even worse.
    I am not happy with the driving tests here in NJ . From the MVC AKA Motor Vehicle Commission website.

How to take the test
    Visit a MVC Driver Testing Center: (no fee charged to take the test)

The written tests are offered in the following languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Japanese
    Oral tests are offered in English and Spanish

Hearing-impaired options
    If you are hearing-impaired you can take the knowledge test with an MVC approved Department of State interpreter. MVC will pay the interpreter's fee for hearing-impaired applicants. In order to qualify, the interpreter must be one of the following:

Certified by the National Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf and listed with the New Jersey Division of the Deaf
    Evaluated by the Division of the Deaf and on the approved list of that division’s interpreters

I have to wonder how someone that is hearing impaired can hear emergency vehicles ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi
    I went out walking once again this Morning + 30 cents. The temperature this morning was 29 on the porch and 35 on the cable channel. On my arrival home I have checked the gauge in the backyard and it showing 38 degrees.
    The Weather forecast this morning shows that we should have some snow arriving tomorrow with 1 inch of the white crud falling in my area.

In the brief time I had the TV on this morning before leaving They showed a clip of Snow falling on the Alamo :)

https://apnews.com/adbc910fa9064d4fbdeab57f5157d861/Gun-maker's-exploding-rifle-leaves-trail-of-injured-hunters
    By RYAN J. FOLEY

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5150081/Heavy-marijuana-users-showing-ER-scromiting.html
    Mysterious condition dubbed 'scromiting' hits weed smokers across the US and causes them to vomit AND scream

https://apnews.com/bb67f6d7a42b422cb078ace8515b74c1/New-dinosaur-looks-like-odd-mix-of-duck,-croc,-ostrich,-swan

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/2017/11/01/yavapai-county-woman-loses-1-000-jury-duty-scam/824017001/

This is a major discovery': Explorers find massive ice-age cavern beneath Montreal, Cathedral-like chamber, formed more than 15,000 years ago, features underground lake

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2017/12/06/prescott-police-investigating-report-poisoning-daily-courier-newspaper-owner/921398001/

Roger

A friend of mine who lives in Houston was showing snow falling there too. As part of his business is doing yard work/landscaping you can imagine how thrilled he is. They also do minor house renovations and painting, both indoor and out so I guess if he has some of those to do he will be all right. I suspect this is the slow season anyway and I'm sure he plans for that and saves for the slow season.

Just when you thought it was safe to go deer hunting! Actually, I never thought it was safe but exploding rifles were not my main worry...

Oddly enough I have friends who live in Fort Lauderdale too and one of them was posting that same headline the other day. They moved there from Memphis, which was, I think, the most unsafe for a time, or in the top 5 anyway. Maybe it's following them!

I don't know if I've known anyone who used marijuana THAT much, but then I don't exactly ask people. At any rate I've never known anyone to complain of scromiting. I never could see the point of mind altering drugs anyway. I'm weird enough (and probably messed up enough) without them, I guess.

Oh, I hope they can perfect cloning and clone that "new" dinosaur. I want one for a pet!

I think I've read about that jury duty scam before. Still amazes me how people can fall for some of those things but it does seem that this one was somewhat well planned and executed, with the cards being deposited at an official kiosk, but then giving the numbers over the phone, rather than just putting the name on the envelope or whatever...but I don't know how those kiosks work.

When I was younger, I used to love caves and we even went caving a few times. Dirty, wet, cold...but interesting and fun. Once we even encountered some potheads deep in a cave but none of them were scromiting at the time. They just thought everything was cool...we just kept going.

• RogerToo
    Much to my amazement the cats let me go back to bed and sleep until 9:45 before feeding them! Or maybe I just slept through some attempts to get me up. In either case, I got a bit more rest, which I needed.

Now pondering lunch options, but I don't have much in the house. I also don't want to get out to get anything and am NOT going to order delivery for lunch. I'm just not. I ordered a pizza for lunch once, long ago. It arrived promptly and it was good, but for some reason I just have a bias against ordering in for lunch, though I've done it for dinner lots of times.

I'll hold that option in reserve for tonight, and may use it. I have one can of chicken soup left from what I bought at Walgreens the other night (I didn't JUST buy medicine) and there's some sriracha chicken wings in the freezer. I also have some plain chicken tenders and some chicken stock that could be made into soup, along with some medium egg noodles, and I have bean and rice options. It's mostly a question of how much effort I feel like putting into it and what do I REALLY want to eat anyway?
    Hi Ed
    I had a whopping 1/2 slice of Sausage Pizza off of the two slices my brother brought home yesterday, It has been a couple of years since I had any Pizza beyond the 5 different ones offered by NS, It was delicious BTW.

I keep some Chicken Noodle soup in the house just in case...
    I've managed to stay up for several hours at a time today anyway, but then have been lying back down for a while. Head seems...fuzzy? One reason I feel I do have a slight fever. That and the low grade headache, but ibuprofen seems to keep that at bay.

Don't feel like cooking so Eduardo is not needed tonight. Took me FOREVER to decide, finally, to order pizza. I should be able to manage a slice or two. Don't feel like eating at all, but I need something or my blood glucose will crash. Being sick can sometimes cause the body to release extra sugar into the blood, maybe to get the energy to fight the germs off? This time at least, that doesn't seem to be happening as yet, so there's much more danger of crashing.

I must have looked at various order-in options for over an hour. Chinese, Indian, Thai, etc. but nothing sounded good. Pizza doesn't sound great either but at least it doesn't sound revolting! LOL.
    I can order Pizza and Chinese take out for delivery locally. The problem with that is the amount of food that must be ordered for free delivery.

I can get all kinds of foods delivered via DoorDash.com, I have not tried it to see what they charge :) I think I'd rather drive or walk up for Thai than pay extra for delivery FWIW.
    Well, the pizza (and a rather large salad) have been delivered, and I've eaten. Actually feel a little better, though I didn't have much appetite. I put some of the salad into a separate bowl, as it was far too much salad for me to eat tonight, as it usually is when I get a salad there. So I'll have salad for lunch tomorrow too, if I want it. And, of course, leftover pizza.

Some appetite did seem to come back when I started on the salad. Maybe the buttermilk ranch dressing triggered something, but by the time I finished that fairly small bowl of salad I was back to pondering the pizza warily. Still, I put two slices on a plate and ate that with my dinner time supplements and medicine, and, as I said, felt initially too full, but that passed after a while. The pizza semed awfully salty, but that's often the case. Still feel a bit feverish but I'm watching old Christmas movies ad otherwise amusing myself browsing the web.
    The Pizza I ate was room temperature and that is fine for me. The salads are often large and low calorie until the salad dressing is added.

I find a lot of the foods that used to taste fine now seem salty to me.
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 37 out there now with an expected high of... 37. Yep, it's as warm as it's going to get and in fact will show a cooling trend over the next 24 hours or so, bottoming out in the low 30s early tomorrow morning and maybe getting a tad warmer by tomorrow afternoon. Also 100% chance of rain today. I think I'll just stay inside and cuddle with the cats.

And eat leftover pizza. Which is what I had for breakfast. Again, didn't really feel like eating but made myself eat some of it with my supplements and morning meds. Again, this morning, blood glucose was in a good range. In fact, lower than usual for my mornings, which tend to be high.

I'm glad my body's reaction to this particular cold doesn't seem to involve raised blood glucose, as that can make the usual diabetic roller coaster even more unpredictable and it's already unpredictable enough, as sometimes one does all the "right" things and still, for some unknown reason, glucose is up.

Even less voice today than yesterday. I can't yell at the cats so I hope they behave. I can croak at them! But I don't think they understand frog.
    Not a good temperature for south of me. The forecast is for lowering temperatures for the future as t he cold front moves in :(
    Better rain than Snow.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi

By RYAN J. FOLEY

Roger

A friend of mine who lives in Houston was showing snow falling there too. As part of his business is doing yard work/landscaping you can imagine how thrilled he is. They also do minor house renovations and painting, both indoor and out so I guess if he has some of those to do he will be all right. I suspect this is the slow season anyway and I'm sure he plans for that and saves for the slow season.
    Hi Ed
    I ran across this in another Message Thread.
    HAaCgb.jpg

Here in NJ the Yard work and Landscaping types put snow plows on the vehicles to make money during the winter. Where You are or in Houston I doubt they have them.
    Just when you thought it was safe to go deer hunting! Actually, I never thought it was safe but exploding rifles were not my main worry...

Oddly enough I have friends who live in Fort Lauderdale too and one of them was posting that same headline the other day. They moved there from Memphis, which was, I think, the most unsafe for a time, or in the top 5 anyway. Maybe it's following them!

I don't know if I've known anyone who used marijuana THAT much, but then I don't exactly ask people. At any rate I've never known anyone to complain of scromiting. I never could see the point of mind altering drugs anyway. I'm weird enough (and probably messed up enough) without them, I guess.

Oh, I hope they can perfect cloning and clone that "new" dinosaur. I want one for a pet!

I think I've read about that jury duty scam before. Still amazes me how people can fall for some of those things but it does seem that this one was somewhat well planned and executed, with the cards being deposited at an official kiosk, but then giving the numbers over the phone, rather than just putting the name on the envelope or whatever...but I don't know how those kiosks work.

When I was younger, I used to love caves and we even went caving a few times. Dirty, wet, cold...but interesting and fun. Once we even encountered some potheads deep in a cave but none of them were scromiting at the time. They just thought everything was cool...we just kept going.
    That seemed weird to me that a weapon from a brand name would exhibit that defect.
    If I were moving I would look into one of the safest cities from that list.

I knew people back in the 60s who used, I never bothered with it, I did imbibe back then. For many years I might have glass of wine eating with relatives and a glass of Champagne for New Years Eve and that is it.

My first thought was to wonder if that morphed over time into the DuckBilled Platypus ?

As soon as they heard that they had to purchase and pay with prepaid credit cards a warning should have sounded in her head.
    I also agree that the method used did allay fears of it being a scam compared to being told to only give the numbers over the phone.

I have been in a few caves, Crystal Cave in Pa. and Carlsbad Caverns one year on vacation.
    http://www.crystalcavepa.com/
    After or before nearby You could visit Roadside America and have a Pennsylvania Dutch Family style meal in Shartlesville, Pennsylvania.
    https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2208

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Its Big, White, Fast Falling, OMG! its SNOW!
    That said, now I'll go back and read the posts...
  • RogerToo
    Its Big, White, Fast Falling, OMG! its SNOW!
    That said, now I'll go back and read the posts...

Hi Valerie
    That would seem to bear out the veracity of this news link :)
    https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/2017-12-06-accumulating-snow-in-south-early-december

Deep South Snow Expected Friday from Parts of Louisiana to North Carolina
    By Brian Donegan Dec 7 2017 09:45 PM EST weather.com

Have a Good Safe & Warm Day
    Roger