Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Andy Griffith's Mayberry, visited in other times and dimensions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUQ9h_Gy70E
  • parityanimal
    Merry Christmas from the muppets!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46_i9abQr4c
  • parityanimal
    Hi Ho kids new years resolutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pcAd8oP5Xg
  • parityanimal
    Happy Nude Year?

I think I'll pass on the nude exercise class too. I'm not ashamed of my body, but not really proud enough to show it off while exercising either. People who don't look like they need the exercise might be more into that, but I do need it and it shows.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Happy New Year!!!
    I've been up for awhile, mostly feeding bossy cat, while trying to ignore him! He's been a pest for 2 days already...and its too cold to put him out for the day or afternoon. One of us will live to see March. Not making bet on Which One of us that will be.

I did wake at midnight, didn't bother to get out of bed! I was basking in a Scrabble word I played that netted me 68 points..16 for the word Meatless, and 50 points for the Bingo! I don't Bingo very often, so its cause to pause, and enjoy! LOL!

I'm thinking the car will continue to vacation today. Its going to need gasoline one day this week, and this is NOT the day. :)

Ok, heading for my shower, I think the Rose Bowl game is tonite? And the Bridgestone outdoor Hockey game is sandwiched in between. Now, I'm not TV Digest, (remember that), so don't hold me liable if you miss an important game!!! :)

Later...

• GardenKatGardens
    4:20 in the afternoon....I watched the NHL Outdoor Classic..great game. I had a great lunch of Hoppin John, rice and collards. Then an apple. BUT...I still haven't made it into the shower! Heading there next :) Need to re-check the time for the Rose Bowl game. I think I saw ESPN...in which case I may have to do some poking around to find a way to watch it online.
    Go Georgia!!!
  • parityanimal
    Tonight's New Year dinner. Black eyed peas, with plenty of ham, over cornbread. Mixed collard greens and kale on the side. Both dishes have a little smoked hog jowl in them too. Plenty left for several more meals!

pn1yaev2bas7.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 13 degrees out there with an expected high of 36 and no chance of precipitation.

FRIGID is the word for the morning.

At least today the "feels like" temperature matches the real temperature!

Not planning to do much today at all. Maybe bring the garbage and recycle bins back up and bring in the mail and that's about it!

Need to go and get some breakfast. Maybe leftovers for breakfast! Or maybe the last of the slices from the ham that I got from the freezer. There was one nice hunk that looked so sliceable, that I had some for lunch yesterday, fried, with eggs and a toasted English muffin. I might repeat that for breakfast today to use up the slices. There was still plenty left on the bone to make the black eyed peas nice and meaty too.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Redneck Casserole! Hopefully not made from real rednecks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBPz4AmI788
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2018
    UTZ Grilling potato chip flavors, tast test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPeGQVd-MgA
  • parityanimal
    Emmy taste tests a popular Filipino fast food joint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHGYz9tbcEw
  • parityanimal
    I went for the fried ham and eggs with a toasted English muffin. My morning, pre-breakfast, blood glucose was such a PERFECT 96 that I celebrated with fried ham. :)

And now it's 12 degrees outside!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    TLGzQs.png

iLVi0B.png

bxrSV1.png

PGBYsP.png

q4vyGD.png

c7JK9Q.png

IWtebk.png

gN4lBV.png
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking this Morning, It felt Chillier than yesterday. The temperature this morning was 12 on the porch and 13 on the cable channel. There was a breeze blowing and The snow on the ground was not greatly changed from yesterday and the traction for walking this morning was fine.

http://thehill.com/opinion/technology/366833-the-more-we-learn-about-amtrak-derailment-the-stranger-it-gets
    The more we learn about Amtrak derailment the stranger it gets
    By Russell G. Quimby, opinion contributor — 12/31/17 09:00 AM EST

https://www.ac2news.com/2017/12/a-diet-strategy-that-counts-time-not-calories-and-i-can-say-it-does-actually-work/
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-diet-strategy-that-counts-time-not-calories-1514721601
    A Diet Strategy That Counts Time, Not Calories (And, I can say it does actually work.)
    Posted on December 31, 2017 by Editor

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/609775/23andme-launches-giant-weight-loss-study/
    23andMe Launches Giant Weight-Loss Study
    The consumer DNA testing company seeks 100,000 volunteers to help it link genes to diet success.
    By Antonio Regalado December 28, 2017

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/israeli-pipeline-once-iran-remain-mystery-124951110.html
    Israeli pipeline, once a link to Iran, will remain a mystery
    Reuters December 31, 2017

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/28/global-warming-films-flop-box-office-2017/
    Hollywood tries to save the Earth, but moviegoers aren’t buying eco-messages anymore
    By Christian Toto - Special to The Washington Times - - Thursday, December 28, 2017

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy again y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

21 out there now (feels like 11) with an expected high of only 33 and no chance of precipitation.

Happy New Year again! I was up quite late, finishing off the Champagne and virtually yakking with some online friends.

Of course Lilo wanted me to get up at 6:15 or so, on only 4 hours of sleep, but I opened the bedroom door, went back to bed and snoozed about another hour. I will need a nap today, I'm sure!

I need to get the recycles and garbage out to the curb but I think I'll wait until we get a little bit warmer than 21 (feels like 11) to do that.

As mentioned, I have been up for hours but with fixing my breakfast, fixing the breakfast for the cats, and getting my New Year dinner feast started, I have been busy.

The black eyed peas, ham bone (quite meaty), and some trimmed, diced, jowl bacon are in one crock pot and a mix of chopped collards, chopped kale, and the rest of the trimmed, diced, jowl bacon is in another, both with slightly spicy seasoning, salt, smoke seasoning, and, in the greens, some sweetener and a splash of apple cider vinegar along with a good dash of powdered veggie base.

I'll make the masa corn bread later, so it will be warm from the oven when I'm ready to sit down to dinner.

Dinner will be about 5:30 or 6:00ish I think.

Nap time will be after lunch, if lucky. :)
    Hi Ed
    I am feeling a lack of nap yesterday, here it is all of 8Am and I am feeling tired :(
    Happy Nude Year?

I think I'll pass on the nude exercise class too. I'm not ashamed of my body, but not really proud enough to show it off while exercising either. People who don't look like they need the exercise might be more into that, but I do need it and it shows.
    I suspect that the only ones that will partake of that exercise class will be the ones that do not look like they need to exercise. Narcissism ?
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 13 degrees out there with an expected high of 36 and no chance of precipitation.

FRIGID is the word for the morning.

At least today the "feels like" temperature matches the real temperature!

Not planning to do much today at all. Maybe bring the garbage and recycle bins back up and bring in the mail and that's about it!

Need to go and get some breakfast. Maybe leftovers for breakfast! Or maybe the last of the slices from the ham that I got from the freezer. There was one nice hunk that looked so sliceable, that I had some for lunch yesterday, fried, with eggs and a toasted English muffin. I might repeat that for breakfast today to use up the slices. There was still plenty left on the bone to make the black eyed peas nice and meaty too.
    I am hoping that the mail brings my pension check today, I use most of it towards paying down a credit card bill that is due on the 20th. They are reducing nicely at the present time and I should write Amazon a nice thank You note. To explain that lately when I go to buy something that is a impulse purchase it has wanted me to verify my credit card and since I keep those put away unless I expect to need them it is more of a bother to go get it to verify than I want to do, thus I close out the impulse purchase and save the $$ :)
    I went for the fried ham and eggs with a toasted English muffin. My morning, pre-breakfast, blood glucose was such a PERFECT 96 that I celebrated with fried ham. :)

And now it's 12 degrees outside!

Ham and Eggs with a toasted English Muffin, Yum !
    I could do 2/3 of that substituting toast as we have no English Muffins. Hmm... I had been planning on switching from hot breakfasts to cereal this morning, now the temptation, Thanks Ed I think.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Happy New Year!!!
    I've been up for awhile, mostly feeding bossy cat, while trying to ignore him! He's been a pest for 2 days already...and its too cold to put him out for the day or afternoon. One of us will live to see March. Not making bet on Which One of us that will be.

I did wake at midnight, didn't bother to get out of bed! I was basking in a Scrabble word I played that netted me 68 points..16 for the word Meatless, and 50 points for the Bingo! I don't Bingo very often, so its cause to pause, and enjoy! LOL!

I'm thinking the car will continue to vacation today. Its going to need gasoline one day this week, and this is NOT the day. :)

Ok, heading for my shower, I think the Rose Bowl game is tonite? And the Bridgestone outdoor Hockey game is sandwiched in between. Now, I'm not TV Digest, (remember that), so don't hold me liable if you miss an important game!!! :)

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I remember buying TV Guide every week back before I had Satellite TV and its always available and searchable guide. If I had been smart I would have saved money by subscribing to it vs buying it at the Grocery Store.

Even Cars need a vacation.
    4:20 in the afternoon....I watched the NHL Outdoor Classic..great game. I had a great lunch of Hoppin John, rice and collards. Then an apple. BUT...I still haven't made it into the shower! Heading there next :) Need to re-check the time for the Rose Bowl game. I think I saw ESPN...in which case I may have to do some poking around to find a way to watch it online.
    Go Georgia!!!

Last night I was mentioning to my brother foods and said I had wondered about the Black Eyed Peas and Collards mentioned here until I searched New Years foods, He knew Hoppin John and was surprised I did not know.

Hopefully You found Your game

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2018
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Last night I was mentioning to my brother foods and said I had wondered about the Black Eyed Peas and Collards mentioned here until I searched New Years foods, He knew Hoppin John and was surprised I did not know.

Hopefully You found Your game

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

I omit the rice, as I feel the cornbread and beans are quite enough carbs. Of course the beans are good carbs. My leftovers will be lunch, dinner, and probably at least one or two more meals. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Again
    That sounds like a good idea to me, The Other Carbs should be enough especially for anyone watching their Blood Sugar Levels.

Enjoy the day
    Roegr
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good 'Very Cold Day' for us Southerners!
    Ready now for Spring...we've had our snow, and a good 'long lasting' :) freeze. I'm ready for singing birds, sunny skies, and blooming daffodils! Please??!!
    Speaking of blooming, my old orchids from years past, one of them is notorious for sending up a spike, and then only putting 3 buds on it?? Don't know why, been doing that for at least 4 years now....but the best part is, it opened its biggest bud overnight NYE into NYD, so I got up Jan 1st 2018 to a blooming orchid! Cool. Lots more to come. Looks like I'll have orchids blooming well past April 1st! (they're all 'moth orchids...or more technically Phalaenopsis!

Breakfast today was also lunch again. I'm getting pretty good at doing that! So, avocado toast with mustard micro greens...each of the two slices of bread had in the left bottom small collection of penicillin growth :), that I pinched off...reducing by a very slight amount the carb count? LOL. If I missed some, and my body is harboring any 'bad' bacteria, then I should be cured of whatever it is! And I ate some more Hoppin John, with Collards. No rice, figured the bacteria bread would be carbs enough...and it was followed by 2 Halo Clementines. Should keep me full til dinner time.

Roger, I hope you watched Ed's "Emmy eats' video...cuz, the Jollibee restaurant nearest to Emmy's part of NY, was in New Jersey!! So, watch the video, decide which items sound really good to you, and then check to see how far or near Jollibee's is to you. It would be so neat if you went and tried some of the food to see A. How you liked it, and B. How accurate Emmy is with her food reports! :) Meanwhile I'll look to see if we have anything like that, I doubt it, we have Middle Eastern, Hispanic, and Japanese populations..also a pretty good chunk of Dominicans locally.

UGA will be playing for the 'big fish'...Monday I think. I've not poked around yet to see who UGA be playing.

Ok, Time to check on the cat who choose to dash out the door about an hour ago. Hope he'll come in feeling really sleepy, and not continue his growly meow voice badgering!

Later...