• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
  • parityanimal
    But if you'd rather have barbecue...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqQdAFpRbjo
  • parityanimal
    And for dessert...*KITTEN* the carb torpedoes! Full speed ahead, to the cheesecake tasting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd9YoLVeATg
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi! Thought I'd go first today. LOL
    THAT CAT! Yikes! Spring needs to hurry along is all I'm gonna say.
    Curious question... why all beef hot dogs? That seems to be the "gold standard"?? All the grilling is making me hungry for something hot off the grill.

Tired already so will close my eyes and be asleep almost before my heat hits my pillow! See you much later today :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    EAr8og.jpg

GZlFmY.jpg

kyQCIZ.jpg

By19ov.gif

6RggKC.gif

2VMY9N.jpg

hkNCf2.jpg
  • RogerToo
    I'm back from walking again and No cents. The temperature this morning was 19 on the porch and 29 on the cable news channel.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/24/obesity-contagious-new-research-finds/
    Blame your location: Obesity spreads through communities like a contagious disease

https://splinternews.com/wapo-staffers-fighting-for-better-wages-told-to-sit-dow-1822312648
    WaPo Staffers Fighting for Better Wages Told to Sit Down, Shut Up, and Be Grateful for Jeff Bezos
    David Uberti, Tuesday 4:04pmEST

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/super-blue-moon-to-coincide-with-lunar-eclipse-for-1st-time-in-35-years/70003926
    Super blue moon to coincide with lunar eclipse for 1st time in 150 years
    By Brian Lada, AccuWeather meteorologist, January 25, 2018, 12:53:25 AM EST

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/24/davos-2018-cancer-can-be-spotted-by-technology-before-it-occurs.html
    Cancer could soon be spotted by technology 'several months' before it occurs
    The chief executive of Nokia said biomarkers spotted by wearable devices can predict cancer
    David Reid, Published 4:51 AM ET Wed, 24 Jan 2018 Updated 14 Hours Ago

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/taco-bell-burrito-attack-384907
    Taco Bell Worker Sought In "Hot Burrito" Assault
    JANUARY 24

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/5414736/swearing-research-happier-healthier-intelligent-honest/
    DAMN RIGHT! Swearing makes you ‘happier, healthier, more intelligent and honest’
    By Amanda Devlin, Updated: 25th January 2018, 11:27 am

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 30 out there now with an expected high of 56 0% chance of precipitation.

Still might get some laundry done soon. Might get out the door at some point today too, to pick up a few things. Lilo is almost out of her pumpkin supplement for her canned food.

I've eaten and the pigs ... er cats... will be fed shortly.

Hillshire brand is popular around here too. I used to see a lot of advertising for them but since I don't watch much television (at least not with commercials) and really skim past most of the advertising online and in my few print magazines, I haven't really noticed so much lately.

We also have thin pork chops available, and I'm sure I could have had the butcher at Kroger thin slice some for me, but I was just looking at the "used" meat section for bargains. They had some chops, but they were over an inch thick. Probably would have been great, but I don't need to eat a chop that big! I generally prefer half an inch or so for grilled, and the quarter inch thin are great for a quick breakfast chop. I suppose I could have cooked one of the huge ones and then cut it in half for two meals. But they were also pre-seasoned. Some of the pre-seasoned stuff they sell there is quite nice, but some isn't really seasoned to my taste and you can't know until you cook it and eat it. I'd generally rather season my own.

My burger patties were done from frozen. The package said not to thaw them, so I didn't. I was quite pleased with the results, overall. Not dried out, and quite tasty. Served on low carb, high fiber 100% whole grain bread with only 40 calories per slice, so two slices of bread wasn't a major carb hit at all, and only one carb serving.
    Hi Ed
    I rarely watch commercial too, I tend to jump past them using the 30 second forward skip in the DVR and if I overshoot I can jump back in 10 second increments.

I would not be interested in buying seasoned chops either.

I have a suspicion that Burger package said not to defrost to help keep them moist.

That is pretty much the specs for the bread I use too, It is available in Wheat, Italian and White Bread types. I use two slices a day with protein for my midmorning snack in a sandwich.
    Nothing splatters the microwave oven when using the grills. A minor bit of splatter while turning the food or putting it in, but it's not IN the microwave while I'm doing that. Then the ceramic over metal dome cover goes on and is on the grill the entire time it's in the microwave, so any splatter gets caught on the underside of the dome cover. It easily washes off the cover with mild soap and a soft sponge.

As mentioned, once you remove the grill to the stove top, and uncover it, there may still be some splattering going on but it's not nearly as bad as if you'd cooked it the entire time on the stove top, uncovered.

Last night Eduardo invented a sort of fajita enchilada casserole. A little red enchilada sauce on the bottom of a baking dish. Grilled bell peppers, onions, and zucchini, with hot pepper jack cheese sprinkled on, sandwiched between two layers of soft corn tortillas, topped with the rest of the enchilada sauce and a hearty sprinkle of colby jack cheese, then baked at 350 for half an hour until the cheese was golden brown.

The veggies were prepared fajita style, but fajitas use flour tortillas, so I decided instead of rolling up anything, I'd just casserole it all with corn tortillas, plenty of cheese, and enchilada sauce, and the end result was quite nice. J loved it and so did I.

Well, let's find some interesting and/or funny videos...
    I had not realized that the grills had a cover :)

I suspect that I would use a paper towel under the grill before uncovering it.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi! Thought I'd go first today. LOL
    THAT CAT! Yikes! Spring needs to hurry along is all I'm gonna say.
    Curious question... why all beef hot dogs? That seems to be the "gold standard"?? All the grilling is making me hungry for something hot off the grill.

Tired already so will close my eyes and be asleep almost before my heat hits my pillow! See you much later today :)

Hi Valerie
    Somebody was up late :)

If I said I prefer All beef Hot Dog's taste. The other reason is detailed in the next two links.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanically_separated_meat
    Mechanically separated meat
    And from here:
    https://www.theinsidetrainer.com/6174/mechanically-separated-meat/
    Mechanically separated beef and Mad Cow Disease
    The USDA also states “Due to FSIS regulations enacted in 2004 to protect consumers against Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, mechanically separated beef is considered inedible and is prohibited for use as human food.”

In 2004
    The rules regarding hot dogs and mechanical deboning of beef
    According to the USDA website – Mechanically deboned beef is not permitted in hot dogs or any other processed product. Mechanically separated pork is permitted and must be labeled as “mechanically separated pork” in the ingredients statement.

Thus I prefer All Beef Hot Dogs.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 31 out there now with an expected high of 56 and no chance of precipitation.

Dishwasher has been cleared, followed by sink being cleared, all of that preceded by me having breakfast. Still working on my first mug of tea.

Lilo is loafing next to me on the desk (making a "catloaf" actually - can't see her feet) and Dinah is in J's computer chair. When last seen, Kiara was lounging on the kitchen table.

If I thought I could actually train them to stay off the table, I would, but, being cats, all they would learn is to try not to get caught on the kitchen table and they'd probably make more of a mess or disaster in their hurry to not get caught than if I just teach them that they need to stay off it when people are actually sitting there eating.

So they are not allowed on the table when people are eating, but otherwise, it's allowed. I don't ever have food on the table unless I'm eating either! I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid!

OK. Took a brief break from typing because Lilo asked for breakfast. She didn't eat as much yesterday as she should have (I don't think she particularly likes the flavor of canned food they had yesterday) and was hungry so I fed them a bit earlier today than I usually do.

Today is one of her favorites so I expect she'll eat all of it and then want some kibble later. She did eat most of her kibble yesterday, but I didn't give her very much, trying to encourage her to eat more canned food when it's available. But I think I'll buy some special flavors for her when I'm giving the others the flavor I gave yesterday. That way she won't have to eat any of it if she really doesn't like it. It's not the first time she's been kind of "bleah" about that flavor, so why force it on her? She's 15 years old and has a right to expect food that she actually likes, after all, rather than food that she's only so-so about.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited January 2018
    People cook with an Easy Bake oven. Some *KITTEN* adult language!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDsZRsshoJY
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2018
    Spicy noodle challenge! (Don't look, Val!) Emmy worked up a sweat on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9jpMuaEPOg
  • parityanimal
    And...low carb chocolate cookies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO-jkoSgByk
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 31 out there now with an expected high of 56 and no chance of precipitation.

Dishwasher has been cleared, followed by sink being cleared, all of that preceded by me having breakfast. Still working on my first mug of tea.

Lilo is loafing next to me on the desk (making a "catloaf" actually - can't see her feet) and Dinah is in J's computer chair. When last seen, Kiara was lounging on the kitchen table.

If I thought I could actually train them to stay off the table, I would, but, being cats, all they would learn is to try not to get caught on the kitchen table and they'd probably make more of a mess or disaster in their hurry to not get caught than if I just teach them that they need to stay off it when people are actually sitting there eating.

So they are not allowed on the table when people are eating, but otherwise, it's allowed. I don't ever have food on the table unless I'm eating either! I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid!

OK. Took a brief break from typing because Lilo asked for breakfast. She didn't eat as much yesterday as she should have (I don't think she particularly likes the flavor of canned food they had yesterday) and was hungry so I fed them a bit earlier today than I usually do.

Today is one of her favorites so I expect she'll eat all of it and then want some kibble later. She did eat most of her kibble yesterday, but I didn't give her very much, trying to encourage her to eat more canned food when it's available. But I think I'll buy some special flavors for her when I'm giving the others the flavor I gave yesterday. That way she won't have to eat any of it if she really doesn't like it. It's not the first time she's been kind of "bleah" about that flavor, so why force it on her? She's 15 years old and has a right to expect food that she actually likes, after all, rather than food that she's only so-so about.
    Hi Ed
    Our first Chance of Precip is Sunday, So tomorrow should be a nice day.

I suspect You are right about what they would learn.
    Ed said I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid! :smiley:

As long as You can afford to indulge her. Some of the pet foods are really pricey anymore.

I wonder just how good some of the low carb foods are, They're pricey enough.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi Roger!
    Interesting observation...train cats off the table and all they would learn is now not to be caught! Sorta like kids!!
    Well I slept an additional 6 hours after my 'early morning post'...It was short because I was using my iPad..and had no intention of getting up, going to the dining room just for the lap top!!!

Much has been done this morning...all of it routine/daily stuff. I did microwave a sweet potato and 'cook' some frozen spinach (stove top)...that an a cup of decaf and a banana has been breakfast. Planning of going to Sweet Tom's after seeing Tyler and having my H/A's cleaned.

I have a bag of mixed grains that I picked up at Costco, after tasting it made up! Hope to cook a batch for the coming week.

OH ED! got my weekly menu and cooking instructions from CFDG today, and they are doing some roasted romanesque! (hope I spelled that correctly) Paired it with a garlicy tahini dressing...Next time I see a head in a store, I will have to buy it!! :)

Time to head for the shower and let Tom E the two black footed, bossy, whiny cat back into the house...

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2018
    Finally got a pork chop into the microwave grill for lunch today. There were even grill marks on the other side, though not as dark and lovely as the ones on the first side.

Just brushed with olive oil on both sides and then seasoned (on both sides) with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and crushed rosemary. Preheated the grill for 5 minutes, empty, uncovered. Then grilled for 3 minutes on the first side, covered, and 1 1/2 minutes on the second, covered. Moist, tender, flavorful, and definitely GRILLED. Delicious!

qo2alp7slppa.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 47 out there now with an expected high of 57 and 70% chance of precipitation.

J and a friend may be going this afternoon to look at orchids, at a small commercial grower in Woodstock. No, not THAT Woodstock. :) I don't know if I want to go or not. I may stay home and nap.

I still haven't done laundry but it hasn't turned critical yet. Breakfast this morning was leftover pizza from last night.

Cats still awaiting feeding.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    F20CsC.jpg

36PMBE.jpg

kOLXUA.jpg

4OElmy.jpg

w7E9ni.jpg

fBTIRN.jpg

jjZx32.jpg
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal