How it's made: Shredded Wheat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWFFXuhvkKA
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi!
    Busy morning...computer back up..check
    cats's assorted variety of throws, and old towels to protect my furniture..washed..check
    Lunch...check
    dishwasher unloaded...check
    Other kitchen chores....check
    Ingredients set out to make another batch of 'oil free "Ranch" salad dressing...check
    Cat fed and boxes cleaned...check

Time now to get wet in the shower and dressed and then the afternoon chores to get completed before 4p. when Ted arrives with his 'city' snow removal coated car....help wash car. then we're heading for VeGreen Asian/vegetarian food for dinner, and then on to Alpharetta for Nate's (very unusually timed) hockey game.

Home, and other weekend chores to do tomorrow after my nice long sleep!!!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

34 out there now with an expected sunny high of 65 and no chance of precipitation.

Not much on the agenda for today. Hopefully the nap I didn't get yesterday.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2018
    Kebab in a can?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztj1BMfmUQY

Donut cheeseburger? No thanks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJ09vUIKcI

Popeye's fried chicken. To be honest, I like Popeye's chicken well enough, but if in the mood for take-out fried chicken, I'll generally just stop at what's most convenient. I don't have a strong enough preference for one over another to go much out of my way to get a specific take-out fried chicken. I've cut WAY back on fried chicken in recent years anyway. We might go out of the way for Zaxby's as J can get a grilled cheese sandwich there and like their home made potato chips and their fries.

I notice he ordered the most carbolicious meal he possibly could too! Potatoes AND rice AND a biscuit AND sweet tea. Sheesh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUcW_DojgWM

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    PXIh9m.jpg

xxdYIo.jpg

H8b49v.jpg

kKUoLD.gif

S9b6c6.jpg
    Energy Bar :)

70Jm7K.jpg

j9vCeq.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2018
    Hi
    I'm back from walking again and 6 cents. The temperature this morning was 28 on the porch and 35 on the cable news channel. The high temperature today is supposed to be in the high 40s, Yesterday's high was in the mid 50s :)

http://www.statesman.com/news/crime--law/texas-judge-interrupts-jury-says-god-told-him-defendant-not-guilty/ZRdGbT7xPu7lc6kMMPeWKL/
    Texas judge interrupts jury, says God told him defendant is not guilty
    Ryan Autullo American-Statesman Staff, Friday, Jan. 19, 2018

https://www.statnews.com/2018/01/19/cigarettes-smoking-big-tobacco-fda/
    Anti-smoking plan may kill cigarettes — and save Big Tobacco
    By Associated Press, January 19, 2018

http://www.france24.com/en/20180119-craving-carbs-blame-brain-japan-study-finds
    19 January 2018 - Craving carbs? Blame your brain, Japan study finds

http://www.oregonlive.com/health/index.ssf/2018/01/california_raw_water_fans_pay.html
    California 'raw' water fans pay $9 a gallon for Oregon tap water
    Updated January 19, 2018 at 8:39 PM

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/19/sonia-sotomayor-health-scare-349971

Sotomayor at work after health scare
    By JOSH GERSTEIN and LORRAINE WOELLERT, 01/19/2018

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2018
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Ed
    That Steak Looked good to me. Now I'm having cravings for a nicely grilled steak and sides:(

I suspect that I would have put some soapy water into it while it was still warm to try for a easy cleanup.

The Hash Browns also looked tasty.
    It is nice when something being tried works.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

The steak was delicious. I believe the rationale behind letting the grill cool is to avoid any possible shock warping from too much difference in temperature, too suddenly. As for the soaking, it was more of a "wipe and notice it didn't all come off" then "add water, wait about 30 to 45 seconds, wipe again" and done with a good rinse.

The grills do have tiny bottom steam vents and the instructions say not to immerse them. I presume to try to not get much in the way of liquid up in those vents and avoid clogging them. They vent in the lid as well, and around the edges of the lid, which does not seal down at all.

The hash browns were venting so much steam I had a moment of difficulty getting to the handle, to remove the lid, as there was steam coming out all around, but pot holder easily remedied that.

I'm looking forward to grilling other things now, such as squash, bell peppers, cauliflower, onion, mushrooms and such in the round grill, and maybe even eggs and muffins. Then, of course, chicken, pork chops, fish, lamb, etc, in the long grill. It's not really "long" as it's actually a bit smaller in capacity than the round one, rather like flattening the sides of the round one to produce a rectangle, but not stretching out in either direction. Still, it's large enough for a couple of nice burgers, a really BIG piece of steak, or two, smaller pieces of steak. Two bacon wrapped filets would easily fit. My piece was half a boneless steak I bought on the WooHoo rack at Kroger. Two quite large steaks, for $12.66, cut into four smaller steaks, and then individually frozen, resulting in fairly inexpensive main dishes for four of my meals. Two now have been eaten. One done in the toaster oven and one grilled.

I think the other two will be grilled... :) That IS my favorite way of having steak.
    Hi Ed
    I do wait until things get near room temperature first then soak in put Dawn into warm water.

I have gotten near burned when something I was Microwaving let out steam as I grabbed it.

I love bacon with Grilled cuts of beef, A combination made in heaven :)

Before I forget, that can of Chicken Mushroom should be tasty. Mom used to take skinless, boneless chicken breasts and pour Cream of Mushroom with added Mushroom pieces onto the chicken before roasting them in the oven.
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 36 out there now with an expected high of 56 and no chance of precipitation.

Even though J is no longer president of the local Orchid Society, he is still on the board as the Immediate Past President for this year. There is a board meeting this afternoon at a fairly nice restaurant we usually have them at, so I suppose we'll be going, to help ensure there is a quorum. There is a Kroger in the same parking lot so I can pick up some veggies, maybe some pork chops, chicken, and/or fish, to practice grilling on. Salmon would be lovely if they have any on the WooHoo rack. Also want to get some veggies to try out, and I could use some more honey vanilla, or just honey, Greek yogurt for the sugar gliders. They seem to have a slight preference for honey vanilla, but are quite happy with just the honey flavor. I buy one that has only all natural ingredients and no weird chemicals, full fat.

Might need to do some laundry today. Sink has been cleared after all the clean dishes and flatware were put away. The pigs and I have had breakfast, and they are all lazing around.
    Grilled Pork Chops, Yum, Likewise for properly done Chicken :)
    As for Looking for bargain Salmon, If I wanted to try I would be looking for a small piece if non were in the bargain rack.
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

34 out there now with an expected sunny high of 65 and no chance of precipitation.

Not much on the agenda for today. Hopefully the nap I didn't get yesterday.
    And although our temperatures Saturday were near the same as ours. Today's high is cooler than yesterday's and Tuesday's is supposed to be in the 50s again, with a 100% chance of all day rain following Monday's possibility.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!
    Busy morning...computer back up..check
    cats's assorted variety of throws, and old towels to protect my furniture..washed..check
    Lunch...check
    dishwasher unloaded...check
    Other kitchen chores....check
    Ingredients set out to make another batch of 'oil free "Ranch" salad dressing...check
    Cat fed and boxes cleaned...check

Time now to get wet in the shower and dressed and then the afternoon chores to get completed before 4p. when Ted arrives with his 'city' snow removal coated car....help wash car. then we're heading for VeGreen Asian/vegetarian food for dinner, and then on to Alpharetta for Nate's (very unusually timed) hockey game.

Home, and other weekend chores to do tomorrow after my nice long sleep!!!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    You have been busy, Wow :)
    About all I have on my plate for today is maybe laundry, not a critical need as I have several days of clean clothes left. My Brother hates it when the road salt gets onto his vehicle and tries to wash it underneath so that the underside does not rust out.

Enjoy The Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Sunny Sunday!
    supposed to get to 64 here today...and unless they've changed their minds, we will get your rain tomorrow evening and overnite before we 'share' it with you :)
    I've worked on laundry, my morning 'duties' (clean cat boxes and run the Dyson to collect the cats hair) My first pan of veg. had been roasted, and is currently being nibbled, I've ordered a book from Amazon..and my Amazon Prime Pantry box arrived about an hour ago....a whole day EARLY!! Everything seems to be in good order. I did it mostly to check out/test how this works. I hope I never NEED to do this, but its handy to know its out there. Will check out some of the other sites as well. I'd rather be prepared than surprised should I ever need to use these services.

Have a couple of outdoor chores to do, like cut back the rose bushes, and a tad of raking, etc. Hockey game last night was lost by one point. And dinner at Vegreen was very good. I tried the sesame chicken, which came with a side of just right broccoli. So unusual to find broccoli cooked well!

My pan roasted veg's are now all finished cooking, and the eating has begun! Eating them like tapas!!! by sunset they may all be gone! (has happened before) LOL!!

I need to get myself outside while its 60 degrees and do these chores!

Later...

• parityanimal
    edited January 2018
    Tonight's dinner:

Grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast for me, brined first and then brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with black pepper. Moist and tender, just the way I wanted it. Separately grilled bell pepper, carrots, zucchini, and portabella mushrooms, for both of us, with (not grilled) roasted garlic mashed potatoes on the side. Wine of choice was Harena Maris Chenin Blanc, 2013.

40w3ud1mxw2z.jpg

id6kfbk2px9s.jpg

• RogerToo
    edited January 2018
    v9A4oG.gif

FI26is.gif
    Hmm...

FGlb60.gif

zmJxyz.jpg

zNUqBK.jpg
    Notice the price, I paid under $2000 for my first new car in the 70s

XFDVsb.gif

FWTWNT.gif
    Unlucky Bird

xCGQL3.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2018
    Hi
    I'm back from walking again and No cents. The temperature this morning was 44 on the porch and 45 on the cable news channel. The high temperature today is supposed to be in the 50s, Yesterday's high was in the mid 50s :)

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article195405279.html
    Wealthy exodus to escape new tax rules worries California Democrats
    By Adam Ashton, January 18, 2018 12:33 PM

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/al-qaeda-bomb-instructions-free-download-barnes-noble/
    Al-Qaeda Bomb Instructions are a Free Download at Barnes & Noble
    By Bridget Johnson January 17, 2018

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/18/complex-engineering-and-metal-work-discovered-beneath-ancient-greek-pyramid
    Complex engineering and metal-work discovered beneath ancient Greek 'pyramid'

http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/two-boys-charged-with-destruction-of-half-million-bees-at/article_1cc01b0b-f1c6-5472-99c6-3e8f71176b2a.html
    Two boys charged with destruction of half million bees at Sioux City honey business
    By TY RUSHING, Jan 17, 2018

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weather/2018/01/17/texas-brutal-cold-leads-record-electricity-use-rolling-blackouts-avoided
    We did it! Texas shatters record for winter electricity use, without swamping the grid
    Filed under Weather at 3 days ago
    Written by Jeff Mosier, Energy and Environment Writer

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/01/19/grandmother-bible-car-jacking/
    Grandmother, Reading Bible, Victim Of Car Jacking
    January 19, 2018 at 1:49 pm, Roseanne Tellez

http://www.newsweek.com/earthquake-swarm-us-city-has-lasted-7-days-straight-whats-going-785804
    Earthquake Swarm in U.S. City Has Lasted 7 Days Straight—What's Going On?
    By Meghan Bartels On 1/20/18 at 7:20 AM
    Reno, NV

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2018
    Good Sunny Sunday!
    supposed to get to 64 here today...and unless they've changed their minds, we will get your rain tomorrow evening and overnite before we 'share' it with you :)
    I've worked on laundry, my morning 'duties' (clean cat boxes and run the Dyson to collect the cats hair) My first pan of veg. had been roasted, and is currently being nibbled, I've ordered a book from Amazon..and my Amazon Prime Pantry box arrived about an hour ago....a whole day EARLY!! Everything seems to be in good order. I did it mostly to check out/test how this works. I hope I never NEED to do this, but its handy to know its out there. Will check out some of the other sites as well. I'd rather be prepared than surprised should I ever need to use these services.

Have a couple of outdoor chores to do, like cut back the rose bushes, and a tad of raking, etc. Hockey game last night was lost by one point. And dinner at Vegreen was very good. I tried the sesame chicken, which came with a side of just right broccoli. So unusual to find broccoli cooked well!

My pan roasted veg's are now all finished cooking, and the eating has begun! Eating them like tapas!!! by sunset they may all be gone! (has happened before) LOL!!

I need to get myself outside while its 60 degrees and do these chores!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I suspect that You are correct with the Rain :)

I thought that the Amazon Prime Pantry was a subscription service.

I like the real Sesame Chicken, And it appears most places leave the Broccoli nice and crunchy which is fine with me. How do You prefer it ? Soft, Crunchy or in-between ?

Enjoy the Humor :)

Good Luck with the Chores
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Tonight's dinner:

Grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast for me, brined first and then brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with black pepper. Moist and tender, just the way I wanted it. Separately grilled bell pepper, carrots, zucchini, and portabella mushrooms, for both of us, with (not grilled) roasted garlic mashed potatoes on the side. Wine of choice was Harena Maris Chenin Blanc, 2013.
    Hi Ed
    I was wondering if You used the Microwave Grill plate since the grill marks are so light.
    The Meal does look really tasty.

I was given a delayed delivery bottle of Dante Robino Malbec 2016 from Mendoza, Argentina, Not being a wine connoisseur I have no idea if it will be good, Meh or bad :)

FWIW it appears that there was a light rain overnight as most things were wet outside except where the Evergreens sheltered the surface. I did have my Disposable Rain Poncho along and it was not needed. I keep one in the pocket of the safety vest just in case :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2018
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 44 out there now looking for a high of 61 with 70% chance of precipitation. I woke up with a headache and that may be why.

I've eaten, the pigs have been slopped, and the dishwasher is running.

Don't know that I want to do anything else today, but we'll see. Maybe grill some food for dinner. :)

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    edited January 2018
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Ed
    I was wondering if You used the Microwave Grill plate since the grill marks are so light.
    The Meal does look really tasty.

I was given a delayed delivery bottle of Dante Robino Malbec 2016 from Mendoza, Argentina, Not being a wine connoisseur I have no idea if it will be good, Meh or bad :)

I did use the microwave grill(s) for dinner last night. The veggies were done in two batches in the round grill and my chicken was done in the rectangular grill, so there were three separate grillings done in the microwave. First I grilled the carrots and bell peppers, put them in a bowl, and set them in the oven to stay warm at 170 while grilling the mushrooms and zucchini, which then joined the other veggies in the bowl in the oven while I grilled the chicken breast. Of course while all this was going on, the potatoes were easy to make during other intervals.

As you can see, J got about twice as much of the potatoes and veggies and I had just enough to complement my tasty chicken breast, so this was one of those nights where I didn't make two completely separate meals.

I am not familiar with that PARTICULAR Malbec, but do like Malbec in general and it's near the top of my favorite red wine varietals. It's a dry red that goes well with just about anything and is also quite nice just for sipping on it's own. Serve at, or slightly below, room temperature to get the best flavor.

• GardenKatGardens
    Quick Hi!
    Burnt ole middle finger on my left hand yesterday cleaning up after dinner.
    PUBLIC SAFTY NOTICE:
    Do NOT after cleaning your cast iron skillet and setting it on a high gas heat burner use a pot holder to set skillet in the oven and then bare handed pick up stove grate. (to get at a couple bread crumbs on the burner liner)
    Talk about not thinking! Lost in a fog...all damn day. (why? later) It is a quick release method I suppose. Not badly burned, immediately put all left hand fingers in cool water for about 5 minutes. WHY an all day fog? Hmmmm. Took me awhile to put 2+2 together..but here it is.
    I had Sesame Chicken and Broccoli Saturday evening...the 'chicken' came from the 'mock meat' section of the menu. Everybody raves about their Sesame Chicken....so it turned out to be delicious, but it was seitan 'meat'. Meaning flour boiled leaving the gluten strands that are then shaped and cooked. WHO can't eat gluten??? Oh Yes I Did. That has happened once before, after eating English Muffins for several days straight...

Oh, well..could have been much worse!

I got lost in the internet this morning...found a great new vegan and GLUTEN FREE web site! Fell into the reading recipe's hole and barely made it out! Finally tore myself out of the C**G website and knew if I didn't come here directly I'd not make it....

Quite cloudy/overcast. The rain isn't supposed to start until 4-5p. and its gonna be or near be 60 today...but not sure its going to be car washing weather. Will stick my nose out about 2p. and see what I think.

Dinner for you and J looked great Ed. I'd eat with J of course :). And the jokes, etc were all good...that poor bird...I'd seen that meme before but I couldn't see what was really happening...it just looked like the ball had exploded. Nope!!!
    Not that I like heights or cold weather but you'd have to bribe me with enough money to be richer than Bill Gates to make me climb that stalactite!!! YIKES!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2018
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

45 out there now with an expected high of 52 and no chance of precipitation.

Lilo has been shot, and we've all been fed. Well, not J as he doesn't generally eat breakfast. He might have breakfast for lunch or dinner, but usually nothing in the early morning.

Need to get out to the grocery for a few things.