Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    RogerToo wrote: »
    I know my Aunt out in California had problems pumping gas into her car and had to have her Husband take her car for fuel.

The roads are that bad yet ? Wow !

Now I'm curious, You can not just wash something and then use it for Vegetarian?
    I know that many Jewish households have a separate set of cooking and eating items for one specific Holiday and that using them other times means a long cleansing Ritual. That is how I understand it anyway.

I do confess to being curious as to what a real persons testing will say and not something seen on TV or YouTube.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

I know some elderly people do have difficulty with self service. In our Kroger fuel center, we had/have one set of pumps marked as HANDICAP and the attendant is supposed to come and help people with valid handicap tags/plates if they need it. Most handicapped people I saw, driving, were not too handicapped to pump their own gas, but we did have a few that I always pumped for. One was an elderly lady who wasn't, technically, handicapped, and apparently knew HOW to pump gas, but always requested assistance. I think she may have had issues with hand strength, and thus the ability to squeeze the grip and get the gas flowing. If the attendant was too busy, she'd ask a nearby customer and they were usually glad to assist her. She would even go as far as to put the nozzle into the car, or take it out when it clicked, and put it back into the pump, but just needed assistance in getting it started apparently.

As for road conditions...remember, this is GEORGIA where one snowflake in the air, that hasn't even hit the ground, can cause a panic! The road in front of our house looks clear on OUR side, but the other, more shaded side, still has quite a bit of ice on it. I expect it will mostly clear up in today's warmer temperatures.

J just has a preference for certain utensils/pans to remain purely vegetarian. He doesn't object when I cook him some eggs or potatoes or whatever in a multi-use pan, as he knows that I DID clean it thoroughly, but, for example, his wok is purely vegetarian. He doesn't even use it all that much, but he wants it to stay vegetarian, as well as any wooden or bamboo utensils, spoons, spatulas, etc. He also has one blue, silicone, slotted spatula that stays purely vegetarian.

When D lived here, he used the blue one for some hamburger helper, despite having been reminded multiple times that it was J's VEGETARIAN spatula and to just not use it. At all. I made D buy a new blue one for J and told him to mark the one he used, somehow, as his NOT VEGETARIAN spatula and congratulated him on now owning his own spatula that he wouldn't likely melt by leaving it in a hot pan. He'd melted one of my nylon ones despite, again, having been reminded MULTIPLE TIMES that he couldn't leave nylon utensils in a hot pan. I didn't make him replace that one as it was an old one and I had another just like it, from when we consolidated households between Memphis and Peachtree Corners. D has a mind like a steel...sieve.

I use a green, slotted, silicone spatula for multi-use, and always clean it thoroughly.

J has threatened to dig out my cast iron cookware and claim it as vegetarian but we may have to have a DISCUSSION should he attempt that...especially as little as he cooks. Admittedly, I'm not using them myself right now but I might change that soon, especially as some of the older, nonstick cookware is wearing out and scratched up. I might do some clean-up in the cabinet and tossing out on quite a bit of it soon and start using the cast iron instead. I do need, probably, to get some varied sauce pan sizes in the cast iron though, or stainless, or aluminum...but NOT nonstick as it always wears and gets scratched eventually.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi Guys!

I've read what you two have written, but not all the other...or I'd be here past my bedtime!!!
    I skipped out on gymnastics tonite. Just too d@mn cold...and then there's the streets like Ed's with half clear, and half still frozen...and in the dark, black ice is way to hard to see...

Tom E was happy to be out for nearly an hour this afternoon in the sunshine. I kept checking on him, could see him, he looked perfectly happy. Maybe he needed his vitamins C and D? :wink:
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hmmm, must have hit the wrong buttons!

I wonder if taxing the heck out of 'sugary drinks' would really work? It 'helped' with cigarettes, but I don't think it was the sole reason people quit smoking, and I do believe that many other way and means of breaking that addiction were also used.
    I do remember driving from Mass. to Conn. to buy cigarettes...(to avoid Mass Taxes) It was a nice drive maybe 20 minutes...I also remember living in a part of Virginia where liquor wasn't or was sold on a county by county basis...so it didn't deter people from leaving their county and driving to another....and the 'wet' counties made extra money at the expense of the 'dry' counties.

Its about time for a little KP-ing and then my warm toasty bed to play some games and fall asleep. I surely do hope the weather guesser has it right...I could love to see some sunny and warmer weather....and it the 63 degrees forecasted on Sunday is right...whoopie I'll be out the door! Time to cut back the roses and a few other things. :)

Have a great evening, and see you in the morning.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    FkuGAD.gif

AHuWSn.png

Bc2IZG.jpg

lwgJKW.png

uzAv4Q.gif

6cIbNz.gif

8lM1yE.gif
    So True
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking again and no cents. The temperature this morning was 15 on the porch and 18 on the cable news channel. It was supposed to be warmer, Oh Well.

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/01/15/Lotto-winner-thought-1-million-phone-call-was-a-prank/5271516049615/?utm_source=sec&utm_campaign=sl&utm_medium=6
    Lotto winner thought $1 million phone call was a prank
    By Brooks Hays | Jan. 15, 2018

https://www.yahoo.com/news/salt-not-just-bad-heart-160002167.html
    Salt Is Not Just Bad for Your Heart, It is Also Bad for Your Brain
    Melissa Matthews, ,Newsweek•January 15, 2018

http://www.ksbw.com/article/200000-honey-bees-killed-in-prunedale/15263414
    200,000 honey bees killed in Prunedale
    KSBW Updated: 1:46 PM PST Jan 17, 2018

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/16/fedex-truck-plows-into-hotel-near-lax/
    Guests Fear The Worst As FedEx Truck Plows Into Hotel Near LAX
    January 16, 2018 at 10:19 pm

http://www.weeklystandard.com/terrorists-could-use-teslas-to-kill-us/article/2011171
    Terrorists Could Use Teslas to Kill Us
    A cyber-security war is coming for driverless cars. Here's what it will take to win.
    5:00 AM, Jan 17, 2018 | By Zach Aysan

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/16/goldstein-investigation-10-million-lapd-electric-bmws-appear-unused-misused/
    Goldstein Investigation: $10 Million LAPD Electric BMWs Appear Unused Or Misused
    January 16, 2018 at 11:21 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/mayan-civilisation-underwater-tunnel-network-divers-yucatan-gran-acuifero-maya-cenote-guillermo-de-a8163326.html
    Divers find 'amazing' underwater tunnel network that could unravel mysteries of Mayan civilisation
    After months of exploring maze of underwater channels, project dedicated to study and preservation of subterranean waters makes discovery
    Samuel Osborne, Wednesday 17 January 2018 07:30 GMT

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/01/16/luis-bracamontes-trial/

Chaos In Courtroom: Man Accused Of Murdering Deputies: ‘I Killed F****** Cops’, Warns He’ll Do It Again
    By Angela Greenwood, January 16, 2018 at 11:19 pm

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

27 out there now with an expected high of 50 and no chance of precipitation. Still some snowy/icy patches on bits of mostly shaded road and/or sidewalk/parking lots to be melted but maybe today the rest will go away.

Sink is cleared. Pigs...er, cats still to be fed.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

116 year old chocolate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNpNHkdv73c

How a Mexican delicacy became a Mississippi staple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahUrObuiqgM

Kazakhstan 24 hour MRE taste test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yMXWp-Fh3g
  • RogerToo
    I'm not surprised that you didn't find any money on this morning's walk. People who have any cents...er sense...are probably not out and about in 15 degree whether! LOL.
    https://www.rt.com/viral/345101-tutankhamun-egypt-dagger-space/
    King Tutankhamun’s dagger came from outer space
    Edited time: 2 Jun, 2016 15:34

Maybe space aliens brought the dagger. :)
    https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2017/02/06/grounded-nearly-two-thirds-of-us-navys-strike-fighters-cant-fly/
    Grounded: Nearly two-thirds of US Navy’s strike fighters can’t fly
    By: Christopher P. Cavas   February 6, 2017

Sounds like the typical military overspending to me. Spend it all quickly, without quality checks, go back later and spend more to fix what's wrong...ad infinitum.
    https://pjmedia.com/trending/soda-tax-sticker-shock-grips-seattle/
    Soda Tax Sticker Shock Grips Seattle
    By Jeff Reynolds January 15, 2018
    I'd be interested in how the council calculated that it would net the city 15 million in new tax...er FEE dollars, while at the same time reducing consumption of sugary drinks. Did someone attempt to compute how much less people would consume in sugary drinks and then compute the tax, sorry, FEES on what would still be consumed or, more likely, compute the tax, er FEES, based on what was currently being sold without consideration of how much less would presumably be consumed?

In either case, did they include the lost sales, and taxes...sorry, FEES, to nearby towns and all the illicit trade that is sure to ensue? And did they make it illegal for people to bring in drinks from nearby towns, even for personal consumption, without paying the tax...er FEE on it?

I doubt they'll see anything NEAR 15 million in additional revenue and will likely, instead, see a major LOSS of tax or fee revenues due to lost sales, while nearby cities and towns will see a boom in drink sales and taxes.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5273947/Amazon-s-Echo-Spot-coming-UK-later-month.html
    Amazon's creepy plan to put a camera and microphone in every BEDROOM with launch of its £120 Echo Spot 'smart alarm'
    By Press Association and Phoebe Weston For Mailonline
    Updated: 11:42 EST, 16 January 2018
    Well, in this country the NSA probably already has one in your bedroom, so no big deal...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5271411/8ft-concrete-tubes-solution-housing-crisis.html
    Is buying a house just a pipe dream? Concrete tubes just over eight feet wide, with a bench that turns into a bed, could be your solution
    By Sara Malm For Mailonline, Updated: 14:26 EST, 15 January 2018
    Oddly enough, I saw a video on this just last night. Looks a bit cramped for me but I could see it as a relatively inexpensive vacation home, or rental, in the woods, maybe on a mountain, or near a beach.

I love the descriptions on the illustrations. Especially the the part with the "strange and a bathroom" as I was wondering for a moment if they left a word out. Strange WHAT and a bathroom? LOL.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/now-japanese-tv-issues-false-alarm-missile-launch-104605205.html
    Days after Hawaii alert gaffe, Japan issues false alarm about a missile launch
    Reuters•January 16, 2018
    Well, as someone pointed out in the Hawaii version...if the ICBM is really aimed at you, might as well just bend over, tuck your head between your knees and kiss your *KITTEN* goodbye...but still, getting the public upset over false alarms is never a good thing.
    If Anybody is curious, I was
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5276771/How-President-Trumps-cognitive-assessment-test.html
    The cognitive test President Trump did for his medical exam, earning a perfect score - but can YOU do it? Try it out for yourself...
    The president scored 30/30; anything above 26 is deemed normal
    By Mia De Graaf Health Editor For Dailymail.com, Updated: 18:46 EST, 16 January 2018
    Well he did claim to be a stable genius. But then we all know what we can find in a stable, don't we? A horse's *KITTEN*...
    Hi Ed
    I seem to find most of the money in parking lots :)
    My brother seems to think the change falls out of their pocket when they take out the keys.

I'm not sure they think out in Seattle, Common sense would have made them take the points You raised into account. I have seen articles that indicate the increase to $15 an hour in the minimum wage has caused job loss and income loss in the ones that do work due to shortened hours.
    I know my Aunt out in California had problems pumping gas into her car and had to have her Husband take her car for fuel.

The roads are that bad yet ? Wow !

Now I'm curious, You can not just wash something and then use it for Vegetarian?
    I know that many Jewish households have a separate set of cooking and eating items for one specific Holiday and that using them other times means a long cleansing Ritual. That is how I understand it anyway.

I do confess to being curious as to what a real persons testing will say and not something seen on TV or YouTube.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

I know some elderly people do have difficulty with self service. In our Kroger fuel center, we had/have one set of pumps marked as HANDICAP and the attendant is supposed to come and help people with valid handicap tags/plates if they need it. Most handicapped people I saw, driving, were not too handicapped to pump their own gas, but we did have a few that I always pumped for. One was an elderly lady who wasn't, technically, handicapped, and apparently knew HOW to pump gas, but always requested assistance. I think she may have had issues with hand strength, and thus the ability to squeeze the grip and get the gas flowing. If the attendant was too busy, she'd ask a nearby customer and they were usually glad to assist her. She would even go as far as to put the nozzle into the car, or take it out when it clicked, and put it back into the pump, but just needed assistance in getting it started apparently.

As for road conditions...remember, this is GEORGIA where one snowflake in the air, that hasn't even hit the ground, can cause a panic! The road in front of our house looks clear on OUR side, but the other, more shaded side, still has quite a bit of ice on it. I expect it will mostly clear up in today's warmer temperatures.
    My Aunt had problems pushing the nozzle onto the tank, as I understood it out there You had keep the nozzle pushed onto the tank as some sort of a vapor recovery system.

The first snowfall here is usually the worst as some drivers seem to forget how to drive in the snow and of course drivers that got their license since the last snowfall, not to mention those with new cars that need to get a feel for how they handle in the snow.
    J just has a preference for certain utensils/pans to remain purely vegetarian. He doesn't object when I cook him some eggs or potatoes or whatever in a multi-use pan, as he knows that I DID clean it thoroughly, but, for example, his wok is purely vegetarian. He doesn't even use it all that much, but he wants it to stay vegetarian, as well as any wooden or bamboo utensils, spoons, spatulas, etc. He also has one blue, silicone, slotted spatula that stays purely vegetarian.

When D lived here, he used the blue one for some hamburger helper, despite having been reminded multiple times that it was J's VEGETARIAN spatula and to just not use it. At all. I made D buy a new blue one for J and told him to mark the one he used, somehow, as his NOT VEGETARIAN spatula and congratulated him on now owning his own spatula that he wouldn't likely melt by leaving it in a hot pan. He'd melted one of my nylon ones despite, again, having been reminded MULTIPLE TIMES that he couldn't leave nylon utensils in a hot pan. I didn't make him replace that one as it was an old one and I had another just like it, from when we consolidated households between Memphis and Peachtree Corners. D has a mind like a steel...sieve.

I use a green, slotted, silicone spatula for multi-use, and always clean it thoroughly.

J has threatened to dig out my cast iron cookware and claim it as vegetarian but we may have to have a DISCUSSION should he attempt that...especially as little as he cooks. Admittedly, I'm not using them myself right now but I might change that soon, especially as some of the older, nonstick cookware is wearing out and scratched up. I might do some clean-up in the cabinet and tossing out on quite a bit of it soon and start using the cast iron instead. I do need, probably, to get some varied sauce pan sizes in the cast iron though, or stainless, or aluminum...but NOT nonstick as it always wears and gets scratched eventually.
    I seem to recall You had issues with D like that :)
    That would seem to make the Vegetarian Pans a individual thing.

My brother uses Cast Iron, properly seasoned it is close to non stick and a easy cleanup. Stainless is OK too, I am not sure about using Aluminum as I do not recall if the connection between Aluminum cooking pots,pans and Alzheimers has been proven or disproven.

I do have a couple of small non stick skillets that get used to cooking a Pancake or Egg using a little butter for the oil.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Guys!

I've read what you two have written, but not all the other...or I'd be here past my bedtime!!!
    I skipped out on gymnastics tonite. Just too d@mn cold...and then there's the streets like Ed's with half clear, and half still frozen...and in the dark, black ice is way to hard to see...

Tom E was happy to be out for nearly an hour this afternoon in the sunshine. I kept checking on him, could see him, he looked perfectly happy. Maybe he needed his vitamins C and D? :wink:

Hi Valerie
    Makes sense to me, when I drove for a living I worried about Black Ice. I recall one day when the weather went bad in the night while I was unloading and when I went to leave the Truck started sliding sideways :) I went back in, called in that I would be late to the next stop and had some coffee until the lot and roads got better.
    Hmmm, must have hit the wrong buttons!

I wonder if taxing the heck out of 'sugary drinks' would really work? It 'helped' with cigarettes, but I don't think it was the sole reason people quit smoking, and I do believe that many other way and means of breaking that addiction were also used.
    I do remember driving from Mass. to Conn. to buy cigarettes...(to avoid Mass Taxes) It was a nice drive maybe 20 minutes...I also remember living in a part of Virginia where liquor wasn't or was sold on a county by county basis...so it didn't deter people from leaving their county and driving to another....and the 'wet' counties made extra money at the expense of the 'dry' counties.

Its about time for a little KP-ing and then my warm toasty bed to play some games and fall asleep. I surely do hope the weather guesser has it right...I could love to see some sunny and warmer weather....and it the 63 degrees forecasted on Sunday is right...whoopie I'll be out the door! Time to cut back the roses and a few other things. :)

Have a great evening, and see you in the morning.

Later...

Regarding the tax and quitting smoking did not work from what I saw. The same people that said when the price got to high for a pack of cigarettes they would quit, managed to not quit. It did lead to people bringing them in from low tax states.

Well I hope for the same thing, our forecast is for warmer weather for at least the length of time in the extended forecast.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

27 out there now with an expected high of 50 and no chance of precipitation. Still some snowy/icy patches on bits of mostly shaded road and/or sidewalk/parking lots to be melted but maybe today the rest will go away.

Sink is cleared. Pigs...er, cats still to be fed.
    Hi Again
    I ran into some icy patches in the low-lying areas of the sidewalks and I did hit a icy patch I had not seen and slid a foot or two. I did manage to detour around the ice where I could see it in the Headlights of traffic or the streetlights. I'm hoping that the forecast for warmer weather is accurate, it sure was off by a significant amount about what I would see for an overnight low.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Well, I tested the Range Mate Pro long microwave grilling pan tonight with a piece of steak. I would have to say, based solely on the single test, that I'm impressed.

If someone had put that steak in front of me I would never have dreamed it was cooked in a microwave oven. The instructions did not say to flip the steak, but I flipped it anyway, a bit over halfway through the time, as I wanted to see if the second side got grill marks.

The second side did NOT get grill marks, but that was quite all right by me, as it was nicely grilled looking regardless and the marks on the first side were just lovely. For this test the steak was just seasoned with salt and pepper and served with some steak sauce and some sourdough toast, with a glass of Nouveau to wash it all down.

Cleanup was easy, though since I (correctly) waited for the dish to cool completely before cleaning, did have to soak the bottom just a tad. Everything came off quite easily then with just some warm water, mild soap, and a soft sponge. I have high hopes that, with proper care, I can get my money's worth out of it.

I think I'm making a breakfasty dinner for J tonight so I'll see whether I can accomplish grilled hash browns in the round grill.

Here was my steak:

bx9g0k5xpajg.jpg
  • parityanimal
    I have to say that the initial testing of the round grill is also positive. I cooked J's hash browns in the grill and they cooked up beautifully.

Yes, I did taste one good bite of them.

r08liabob2v7.jpg

lc5eps30nilx.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Getting ready to head for bed, and I don't see a post from me...
    I'm here, well, and feisty...well, right now more like tired and sleepy! Kitchen cleaned, dishwasher running, load of freshly washed clothes are in the dryer...Went to Kroger finally this afternoon...Marietta found a couple extra minutes, and we chatted on the phone for nearly an hour :)
    Not much else. Tom E. enjoyed some outside time today by napping in the sun. :)

Roger said while talking about cookware...My brother uses Cast Iron, properly seasoned it is close to non stick and a easy cleanup. Stainless is OK too, I am not sure about using Aluminum as I do not recall if the connection between Aluminum cooking pots,pans and Alzheimers has been proven or disproven. This battle over Al. has been going on forever...I do know that the tangles found in autopsy Alzheimer brain, all have a center nuculii of yep, Aluminum. So I think all my AL cookware is gone. I have one non stick Calphalon skillet left, and all of that is gone too.

The kitten playing shy is adorable...make you want yet another cat...:)

Ok, I"m really done,

Later...
  • RogerToo
    8ZMPd9.jpg

CbQSv3.jpg

G6FAIr.jpg

d9MlBJ.jpg

HjYXC6.jpg

zYwDYv.gif

YCOpcd.jpg
    Or Are They ?
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking again and no cents. The temperature this morning was 28 on the porch and 33 on the cable news channel. The high temperature today is supposed to be around 50 :)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/pentagon-plans-citywide-drone-catching-dragnets
    Pentagon Plans Citywide Drone-Catching Dragnets
    It may take a drone to hunt a drone in the system that DARPA could begin testing later this year.
    By David Axe, 01.17.18 5:17 AM ET

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-flu-demand-20180116-htmlstory.html
    California hospitals face a 'war zone' of flu patients — and are setting up tents to treat them
    By Soumya Karlamangla, Jan 16, 2018

https://www.usnews.com/news/news/articles/2018-01-17/century-after-pandemic-science-takes-its-best-shot-at-flu
    Century After Pandemic, Science Takes Its Best Shot at Flu
    Scientists hunting universal vaccine to protect against regular winter flu _ and the next super-flu, too.
    Jan. 17, 2018

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/sweden-distributes-4-7-million-leaflets-prepare-war-russia-154020224.html
    Sweden distributes 4.7 million leaflets on how to prepare for war with Russia
    By Nick Reilly, Yahoo News UK17 January 2018

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Well, I tested the Range Mate Pro long microwave grilling pan tonight with a piece of steak. I would have to say, based solely on the single test, that I'm impressed.

If someone had put that steak in front of me I would never have dreamed it was cooked in a microwave oven. The instructions did not say to flip the steak, but I flipped it anyway, a bit over halfway through the time, as I wanted to see if the second side got grill marks.

The second side did NOT get grill marks, but that was quite all right by me, as it was nicely grilled looking regardless and the marks on the first side were just lovely. For this test the steak was just seasoned with salt and pepper and served with some steak sauce and some sourdough toast, with a glass of Nouveau to wash it all down.

Cleanup was easy, though since I (correctly) waited for the dish to cool completely before cleaning, did have to soak the bottom just a tad. Everything came off quite easily then with just some warm water, mild soap, and a soft sponge. I have high hopes that, with proper care, I can get my money's worth out of it.

I think I'm making a breakfasty dinner for J tonight so I'll see whether I can accomplish grilled hash browns in the round grill.
    Hi Ed
    That Steak Looked good to me. Now I'm having cravings for a nicely grilled steak and sides:(

I suspect that I would have put some soapy water into it while it was still warm to try for a easy cleanup.

The Hash Browns also looked tasty.
    It is nice when something being tried works.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Getting ready to head for bed, and I don't see a post from me...
    I'm here, well, and feisty...well, right now more like tired and sleepy! Kitchen cleaned, dishwasher running, load of freshly washed clothes are in the dryer...Went to Kroger finally this afternoon...Marietta found a couple extra minutes, and we chatted on the phone for nearly an hour :)
    Not much else. Tom E. enjoyed some outside time today by napping in the sun. :)

Roger said while talking about cookware...My brother uses Cast Iron, properly seasoned it is close to non stick and a easy cleanup. Stainless is OK too, I am not sure about using Aluminum as I do not recall if the connection between Aluminum cooking pots,pans and Alzheimers has been proven or disproven. This battle over Al. has been going on forever...I do know that the tangles found in autopsy Alzheimer brain, all have a center nuculii of yep, Aluminum. So I think all my AL cookware is gone. I have one non stick Calphalon skillet left, and all of that is gone too.

The kitten playing shy is adorable...make you want yet another cat...:)

Ok, I"m really done,

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    It sounds as if You had a busy day.

I do not think we have any aluminum cookware left either. I am not super worried about non stick cookware TBH.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Hi Ed
    That Steak Looked good to me. Now I'm having cravings for a nicely grilled steak and sides:(

I suspect that I would have put some soapy water into it while it was still warm to try for a easy cleanup.

The Hash Browns also looked tasty.
    It is nice when something being tried works.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

The steak was delicious. I believe the rationale behind letting the grill cool is to avoid any possible shock warping from too much difference in temperature, too suddenly. As for the soaking, it was more of a "wipe and notice it didn't all come off" then "add water, wait about 30 to 45 seconds, wipe again" and done with a good rinse.

The grills do have tiny bottom steam vents and the instructions say not to immerse them. I presume to try to not get much in the way of liquid up in those vents and avoid clogging them. They vent in the lid as well, and around the edges of the lid, which does not seal down at all.

The hash browns were venting so much steam I had a moment of difficulty getting to the handle, to remove the lid, as there was steam coming out all around, but pot holder easily remedied that.

I'm looking forward to grilling other things now, such as squash, bell peppers, cauliflower, onion, mushrooms and such in the round grill, and maybe even eggs and muffins. Then, of course, chicken, pork chops, fish, lamb, etc, in the long grill. It's not really "long" as it's actually a bit smaller in capacity than the round one, rather like flattening the sides of the round one to produce a rectangle, but not stretching out in either direction. Still, it's large enough for a couple of nice burgers, a really BIG piece of steak, or two, smaller pieces of steak. Two bacon wrapped filets would easily fit. My piece was half a boneless steak I bought on the WooHoo rack at Kroger. Two quite large steaks, for $12.66, cut into four smaller steaks, and then individually frozen, resulting in fairly inexpensive main dishes for four of my meals. Two now have been eaten. One done in the toaster oven and one grilled.

I think the other two will be grilled... :) That IS my favorite way of having steak.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 36 out there now with an expected high of 56 and no chance of precipitation.

Even though J is no longer president of the local Orchid Society, he is still on the board as the Immediate Past President for this year. There is a board meeting this afternoon at a fairly nice restaurant we usually have them at, so I suppose we'll be going, to help ensure there is a quorum. There is a Kroger in the same parking lot so I can pick up some veggies, maybe some pork chops, chicken, and/or fish, to practice grilling on. Salmon would be lovely if they have any on the WooHoo rack. Also want to get some veggies to try out, and I could use some more honey vanilla, or just honey, Greek yogurt fo the sugar gliders. They seem to have a slight preference for honey vanilla, but are quite happy with just the honey flavor. I buy one that has only all natural ingredients and no weird chemicals, full fat.

Might need to do some laundry today. Sink has been cleared after all the clean dishes and flatware were put away. The pigs and I have had breakfast, and they are all lazing around.