Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I went walking today, Second day, no money found. The weather is not too bad today, sweatshirt and light gloves only.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Roger I'm so sorry that one of your NS buddies has passed away. Sounds like you had followed, or been in the same group for a long time.
    My thoughts for peace and acceptance are with you.

Hi Valerie
    Yes I guess we could say I started posting in that message thread not long after I started using the old forums. Shirl had been there for a while before that.

Thank You for the kind words
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Need to get my bulbs planted this afternoon, but I have to wait until the sun goes behind the house so it's not shining on me when I do it.

A friend gave me a 50 bulb wildflower collection as a wedding present. With my old hips and such it will be fun planting them. I did say she was a friend, didn't I? Then why isn't she over here planting them? Hehe.

I COULD wait a little bit further into the fall, but I think it's the right time now.

Other than that, Lilo thinks I should take a nap today.

I've been up for a while but distracted by various things, including a delicious chicken dinner for breakfast. Last night I made a simple dinner of baked chicken breast, instant noodles (chicken flavored), peas and carrots, but made plenty for two meals. The second meal warmed up for a nice, easy breakfast, with just the right amount of noodles for both meals. Well, OK, I'd have LOVED more noodles but I didn't NEED more noodles. It was about two carb servings per meal of noodles so that worked out just right for what I'm supposed to be eating, and it was enough to satisfy. This is one way of taking a grocery store package of instant noodles and making it fit the plan. Divide and conquer!

My boss informed me she is quitting (doctor's orders!) at the end of the month. This isn't really a major surprise and I've seen it coming for a while, but she didn't want to talk about it until yesterday. My name was first on everyone's lips as replacement, even though I had been saying all along I don't really want to work full time. I have to admit the little bit more money and the somewhat more regular working hours are appealing, but if I choose the opening shift (I can take opening or middle) the extremely early rising hours are appalling.

I told them I'd consider it but told them to be fair and consider a young lady who is also working there, though she may not have enough time on board to be considered. I definitely have seniority and if I want the job, it's mine. They will be talking to to the young lady today to see how she would feel about the situation either way. So I'll either be lead fuel clerk or backup lead fuel clerk.

I need to win the lottery so I don't even have to work.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...

Hi Ed
    Strangely Enough My Brother more than I, However we both eat Dinner sometimes at Breakfast. More money, regular hours vs less hours & Less money, Tough choice.

I would love to win the Lottery, OTOH they are fiddling with them again to create bigger jackpots by lowering the odds of winning, Boo Hiss...............

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Update:

I'll be the lead fuel clerk. I'll be working the early shift and taking an afternoon nap when I come home I guess. Lilo will appreciate the afternoon naps!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    I think I'll make baked fettuccine Eduardo again tonight.

I did get out a little while ago and got ALL the bulbs planted, and then came in and took a shower. I was pondering whether I needed to eat anything after all that work and then received a Mrs. Fields cookie sample in the mail, that I had completely forgotten about requesting, since it was three or four months ago at least. At any rate, I ate that since I felt I had earned at least a cookie. I did give J one big bite of it.

• parityanimal
    The fettuccine came out delicious! And Malbec was the perfect wine to accompany it.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited October 2015
    Good Thursday Morning!
    Yesterday was a disaster, nothing huge, just stuff! Food choices were OK, I fixed a horrid breakfast, which sorta set the tone for the day. One thing, tripped over another, until starving hungry I started home, and I get this message from my car,...it was only telling me I needed an oil change, but it comes with a little tiny orange wrench which scared the pooh out of me, not cool on I-85! Home finally I was trying to get my lunch eaten when DS1 called at 4pm. All in all, lunch and dinner were pretty much a swap, I went to my Honda dealers website to see if I needed an appointment for an oil change...well, live chat latter, being assured I needed one, and I'd get a call from the mechanical team, and to this hour, I've not heard a word. Today, I'm going to make a bank run to deposit some odd checks, and then I'm just gonna show up at the dealers...this is ridiculous.
    Sorry to be so long with my petty little 'itches'...none of it really earth shaking or life threatening...just, like a little itch, irritating as hell!!!

Ed, if I ever get back to the point where I can have noodles again, I am going to make Fettuccine Eduardo! You make it sound soooo enticingly delicious!!!
    I think congrats on your new position! Just hope it doesn't add undue stress to your life. Extra coin is always good though! :)

Roger, as I type this I'm pretty sure you're out walking. I hope its a comfortable temperature, and that you are amused along the way by some kind of 'wildlife'. And for heavens sakes, more coin than yesterday! :)...as if you had any control over that!!! :)

Ok, time to square my shoulders, and forge forward. Yesterday happened, now its Today and a clean slate, Tomorrow hasn't gotten here yet, so I need to make the most of RIGHT NOW!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Closing tonight, but it's supposed to be a nice night for it so I won't mind at all. I prepped the chicken for the sugar gliders as J is grossed out by cooking and/or cutting up chicken for them. If I'm not going to be home at their usual feeding time I prepare it the day before or as many days before as necessary. Chicken is one of the few foods they consistently like so they get that every night. I buy them organic, no added stuff, no weird feed, etc. chicken. Sometimes I can get lucky and find it as buy one/get one (which is really just half price) at work. I usually buy a package or two for them and immediately split it up into manageable chunks in the freezer, cooking one at a time as needed. When I get down to only one or two chunks left, it goes back on the shopping list.

I've been up for a while but distracted by breakfast, Lilo, etc. I'm sure she'd like a nap before I go to work tonight.

• RogerToo
    Hi All
    On todays walk I started out later than usual so I could go to the dollar store. I picked up 10 Halloween decorations and put them up as I get ready for the holiday. They also had Christmas decorations for sale already.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
    Update:

I'll be the lead fuel clerk. I'll be working the early shift and taking an afternoon nap when I come home I guess. Lilo will appreciate the afternoon naps!

Hi Ed
    Congratualtions? It seemed You did not rally want it to much :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Good Thursday Morning!
    Yesterday was a disaster, nothing huge, just stuff! Food choices were OK, I fixed a horrid breakfast, which sorta set the tone for the day. One thing, tripped over another, until starving hungry I started home, and I get this message from my car,...it was only telling me I needed an oil change, but it comes with a little tiny orange wrench which scared the pooh out of me, not cool on I-85! Home finally I was trying to get my lunch eaten when DS1 called at 4pm. All in all, lunch and dinner were pretty much a swap, I went to my Honda dealers website to see if I needed an appointment for an oil change...well, live chat latter, being assured I needed one, and I'd get a call from the mechanical team, and to this hour, I've not heard a word. Today, I'm going to make a bank run to deposit some odd checks, and then I'm just gonna show up at the dealers...this is ridiculous.
    Sorry to be so long with my petty little 'itches'...none of it really earth shaking or life threatening...just, like a little itch, irritating as hell!!!

Ed, if I ever get back to the point where I can have noodles again, I am going to make Fettuccine Eduardo! You make it sound soooo enticingly delicious!!!
    I think congrats on your new position! Just hope it doesn't add undue stress to your life. Extra coin is always good though! :)

Roger, as I type this I'm pretty sure you're out walking. I hope its a comfortable temperature, and that you are amused along the way by some kind of 'wildlife'. And for heavens sakes, more coin than yesterday! :)...as if you had any control over that!!! :)

Ok, time to square my shoulders, and forge forward. Yesterday happened, now its Today and a clean slate, Tomorrow hasn't gotten here yet, so I need to make the most of RIGHT NOW!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I was not out the door yet as You were posting. I did a late start to be sure the dollar store would be open.
    I bought some Foam Headstones, Thick hanging Cardboard Scary items menus, They were out of the Scarecrows on a stick that I was going to line the Sidewalk with so I got a couple of ones on a stand that sit on the Window sills inside the porch and show through the Windows on either side of the door and a couple of Plastic Borders to sit along the Sidewalk by he street end and a couple of Halloween Cards @ 2 for $1. The Borders along the sidewalk, One has Ghouls and the other Skulls.

I found one whole Nickle walking, More than the last couple of days :) I started out with temps in the high 40s in a Light Long sleeve shirt over the T-Shirt a Sweatshirt and Lightly insulated Leather gloves that to coin a phrase "Fit like a Glove" that I bought many years ago. By the time I got home the gloves were in a pocket, and I was considering peeling off the Sweatshirt to go in the backpack with the dollar store purchases. There was a Nice Ripe apple lying on the sidewalk so I pocketed it too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Friday Morning!
    Cats and I are hungry, so this will be short!
    Roger forgot to mention that your Halloween Decorations sound great! I used to do that, but there just arent any littles left on our street. Also I was about the only one who did decorate. Soooo, not planing to put out the 'buried skeleton' who's arms and legs stick out of a pile of either rocks or leaves...no big eyes in the bushes that light up and blink at you, to pumpkins to line the sidewalk, or little glow in the dark skeletons that hung in the garage door windows, etc. etc. I also have a 4 ft skeleton. Off season it lives in my front room. (the very room that Nate calls the 'scary room'...) LOL!!!

Ed's being distracted this morning also I will assume.

I need to go before the cats go into 'attack' mode! :)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! I've been distracted by feeding Lilo and getting my own breakfast going (not eaten yet, but it's in the toaster oven) and of course FaceBook is always calling, calling, calling.

Who am I kidding? I can start with the Weather Channel page and get distracted!

Closing tonight and then a four hour late middle tomorrow. And then a Halloween party of sorts Saturday afternoon/evening. I need to remember to make the baked beans in a crock pot Saturday morning before I go to work at 12:30 so they'll be ready to bring when I get off work at 4:30.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I got out walking today, I'm showing 9300 steps on the Fitbit zip.

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
    Good Friday Morning!
    Cats and I are hungry, so this will be short!
    Roger forgot to mention that your Halloween Decorations sound great! I used to do that, but there just arent any littles left on our street. Also I was about the only one who did decorate. Soooo, not planing to put out the 'buried skeleton' who's arms and legs stick out of a pile of either rocks or leaves...no big eyes in the bushes that light up and blink at you, to pumpkins to line the sidewalk, or little glow in the dark skeletons that hung in the garage door windows, etc. etc. I also have a 4 ft skeleton. Off season it lives in my front room. (the very room that Nate calls the 'scary room'...) LOL!!!

Ed's being distracted this morning also I will assume.

I need to go before the cats go into 'attack' mode! :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I would love to have all those decorations :)

I think I might put them out anyway for walkers and people driving by unless You live on a dead end street of course.

I like looking at what has been put out on my walks.

Cheers
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! I've been distracted by feeding Lilo and getting my own breakfast going (not eaten yet, but it's in the toaster oven) and of course FaceBook is always calling, calling, calling.

Who am I kidding? I can start with the Weather Channel page and get distracted!

Closing tonight and then a four hour late middle tomorrow. And then a Halloween party of sorts Saturday afternoon/evening. I need to remember to make the baked beans in a crock pot Saturday morning before I go to work at 12:30 so they'll be ready to bring when I get off work at 4:30.

Hi Ed
    I used to watch the weather channel years ago before they changed so much.

Enjoy Your Halloween party
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger, I do live on the end of a cul-de-sac, no sidewalks, pretty much no walkers.
    When I first moved here 20 years ago, there were lots of kids on the street, and they did go door to door. Now, very few, if any.
    One year I had a blast, as each group came to the door I met them with my camera, and asked If I could take their pictures. The kids thought that was GREAT...and I had a pretty good head count of how many kids had been there!

Lunch time...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Saturday Morning!
    Ittttss cacoold here this morning! BRRRRR! Wimpy me! its 45 degrees on my back porch.
    I'm roasting veggies for my lunch....(and taking the chill off the house too, clever?, no??)

Cleaning day here. And a quick trip to Home Depot for a specific curly bulb that will be bright enough for over my stove. The one I had was great, but it died yesterday, and I've tried several others, with NO success.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Short (4 hour) middle today. I got the baked beans going in a crock pot for the party, if I go. If I don, well, that's fine, because I like baked beans! I hope I didn't get them to spicy hot for "normal" folks, but I really don't think I did. We'll see if anyone's face melts. ;) There is one person planning to be at the party who always wants to try my cooking but as he lives in midtown it's rare that he gets a chance. He's tasted (and actually eaten a serving of) only a few things, and not many of them were on the spicy side, as they just happened to be things like Noodles Romanoff or the like.

Anyway, dishwasher is going and I need to drink my tea.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    Took my new Inexpensive Digital Camera, $29 + Tax at Walmart, with me walking this morning. I did have to get a SD card for it so I used a 16Gb from a defunct Digital Camera that Got exposed to salt air at the shore. I have posted some images from around town and Some Halloween pictures. Feel free to add Your Own Halloween images.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10270373/halloween-pictures?new=1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10270374/our-little-lake-in-town

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Good Saturday Morning!
    Ittttss cacoold here this morning! BRRRRR! Wimpy me! its 45 degrees on my back porch.
    I'm roasting veggies for my lunch....(and taking the chill off the house too, clever?, no??)

Cleaning day here. And a quick trip to Home Depot for a specific curly bulb that will be bright enough for over my stove. The one I had was great, but it died yesterday, and I've tried several others, with NO success.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    It is cool (cold) here too. I Think we had within a degree + or - Your reading. My neck felt cold until it warmed up and My Hands were a little cold to despite being double gloved.

Have a good day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Short (4 hour) middle today. I got the baked beans going in a crock pot for the party, if I go. If I don, well, that's fine, because I like baked beans! I hope I didn't get them to spicy hot for "normal" folks, but I really don't think I did. We'll see if anyone's face melts. ;) There is one person planning to be at the party who always wants to try my cooking but as he lives in midtown it's rare that he gets a chance. He's tasted (and actually eaten a serving of) only a few things, and not many of them were on the spicy side, as they just happened to be things like Noodles Romanoff or the like.

Anyway, dishwasher is going and I need to drink my tea.

Hi Ed
    I have a suspicion they would be too hot for me and not hot enough for my Brother. He has been gifted some of the hot NutriSystem foods I could not eat and said to me, those are not hot :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    I never found any of the NS foods to be too spicy hot, though I did read other members complaining about some of them. The ones they found "hot" I found to be tasty enough but not hot. I sometimes added extra hot sauce to the chili just to kick it up a notch.

I suspect your brother would have found the beans to be tasty but not particularly hot. As I said, I tried to tone it down for "normal" folk. I thought they came out quite well, and they did have a bit of a sneaky, slow heat to them, but not face melting.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was unseasonably cold outside today, 36 Degrees in a nearby town and 36 degrees on the front porch too.
    I was not sure how far I would walk today, I had a suspicion I might pick up a coffee and Boomerang back home however I did carry on and finish my walk.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    I never found any of the NS foods to be too spicy hot, though I did read other members complaining about some of them. The ones they found "hot" I found to be tasty enough but not hot. I sometimes added extra hot sauce to the chili just to kick it up a notch.

I suspect your brother would have found the beans to be tasty but not particularly hot. As I said, I tried to tone it down for "normal" folk. I thought they came out quite well, and they did have a bit of a sneaky, slow heat to them, but not face melting.

Hi Ed
    I guess that means You went Yesterday...

The One Chili was to hot for me, I do like the Chili with beans however, Mexican Style Tortilla Soup was a pass it on to my Brother. I could not even get a second spoonful down.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! I woke up to actual warm air coming out of the register! Our system is set to automatically use heat if if falls significantly below 68, and cool if it goes above 78 or so. Last night the heat kicked in. This is the first time this fall that I've NOTICED that happen. If it happened before, I slept through it.

Party was fun for a while but I didn't stay long. Delivered my promised baked beans, pointed them out to a couple of friends I KNEW would be interested, ate a few chicken wing drummies and some baked beans, tasted the flan one of the youngsters made (that boy has a possible future as a chef!) and drank a lot of water and a diet Coke. Watched people paint ceramic pumpkin candle holders for the host's mantle, etc. The male half of the hosting couple was dressed as Bob Ross (happy trees!) and the female dressed as a faun, but I swear that thick costume MUST have been awfully warm. It looked great, though!

I just went as a dirty old man...I guess. When I got home I gave J some baked beans I had saved for him along with making some scrambled eggs, faken, and hash brown potato patties.

No work for me today, so I can hopefully take it easy.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    Temperature was showing 29 degrees on the closed in front porch when I left the house this morning, nearby town was at 23 degrees, Brrr...
    I decided to shorten my walk today, 2.36 miles, when despite three layers of gloves My fingers were hurting from the cold. That would be leather gloves with a thin flannel lining and over those two layers of Brown Jersey gloves.

I picked up a coffee for my brother on the way back home. Currently the 7 Eleven refill is $1.34 which is what I paid on the outbound leg and then I got him a nice new cup and the price on that is currently $1.92 with tax down from a earlier this year $2.13.

Happy Monday
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! I woke up to actual warm air coming out of the register! Our system is set to automatically use heat if if falls significantly below 68, and cool if it goes above 78 or so. Last night the heat kicked in. This is the first time this fall that I've NOTICED that happen. If it happened before, I slept through it.

Party was fun for a while but I didn't stay long. Delivered my promised baked beans, pointed them out to a couple of friends I KNEW would be interested, ate a few chicken wing drummies and some baked beans, tasted the flan one of the youngsters made (that boy has a possible future as a chef!) and drank a lot of water and a diet Coke. Watched people paint ceramic pumpkin candle holders for the host's mantle, etc. The male half of the hosting couple was dressed as Bob Ross (happy trees!) and the female dressed as a faun, but I swear that thick costume MUST have been awfully warm. It looked great, though!

I just went as a dirty old man...I guess. When I got home I gave J some baked beans I had saved for him along with making some scrambled eggs, faken, and hash brown potato patties.

No work for me today, so I can hopefully take it easy.

Hi Ed
    I have had the heat on for a while now. I wish We had only needed it Sunday.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Working 10:30 to 3:30 today, not too bad. Not sure how much of that will be training... Got the dishes going, and a pot of slow cooker veggie chili going.

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Monday Morning!
    I should be doing the happy dance, as its 16 degrees warmer here this morning than it was for Roger yesterday, instead I"m shivering!!! :) 45 on my porch. That's December weather. Listen up OLD MA NATURE, you've got Alzheimers, and you're a bit confused dearie!!! Turn up our thermostat a few notches!

I cannot believe I have the heat on in October.

I had most fun yesterday...fun hockey game, abeit a bit early, and then on to Jack and Jenn's to paint baseboards, (I volunteered for that job, as I really and truly love to paint....I hate cleaning brushes, rollers, and roller pans)....:)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Later...