Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Had leftover pizza for breakfast. Sipping tea now (late tea, but I was distracted by all the clocks that needed resetting, and then watered the indoor plants. I just didn't FEEL like resetting the clocks last night so just did the two digital clocks that only require setting a switch from DST off to DST on.

Too bad you can't magically reset analog clocks that way. And come to that, why don't ALL digital clocks have that easy switch setting?

Anyway, mother in law and sister in law are still here and I guess I need to get showered as I'm sure they'll want to be going out to lunch shortly.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I went walking and did a bit more than intended, 3+ miles, probably nearer 4 miles.

The weather was beautiful, Mid 50s. I wore a sweatshirt and gloves for the start and removed the gloves after getting my coffee at McDs for the rest of the walk.

We had 78 Trick or Treaters for Halloween. They started coming at 4:15 and we were done by 7:30

Enjoy the day
    Roger
    Roger, I forgot to mention I loved your 'Ode to Friday' from the other day, as well as the Halloween pix today. Thanks. I hope things work out for Ed....Kroger is a penny pinching, corner cutting bunch. Sorry they just are.

Oh, and I'll be heading for NJ soon....Roger's handing out coin!!!! :)!!!

Ed have a great time at your party!

Oh, Nate's little team WON! This is rare. And Nate's goal was one of them. He had several shots on goal. ... Er, excuse me...Proud Grammie!!!!

Hi Valerie
    Too late now to come to NJ, We are done until next year. I pulled most of the exterior decorations to save for next year last night as they were not waterproof and there was a chance of rain in the forecast. Now I need to remember where I stored the Thanksgiving decorations. The Big Turkey for the window and such like.

Then it will be time for the Christmas Decorations to go up. I want to find lighted designs for the windows so they show up at night.

It is a little scary to me shopping in a cheap food store as I wonder what corners they are cutting. In NYC, NY they caught smaller stores removing the use by dates and putting new dates on to avoid throwing the foods away!

Nothing like being proud of a Grandmother

Thank You for those kind words.
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Had leftover pizza for breakfast. Sipping tea now (late tea, but I was distracted by all the clocks that needed resetting, and then watered the indoor plants. I just didn't FEEL like resetting the clocks last night so just did the two digital clocks that only require setting a switch from DST off to DST on.

Too bad you can't magically reset analog clocks that way. And come to that, why don't ALL digital clocks have that easy switch setting?

Anyway, mother in law and sister in law are still here and I guess I need to get showered as I'm sure they'll want to be going out to lunch shortly.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Hi Ed
    I have reset one clock so far, The Living Room, Kitchen, Back bedroom, Bathroom and my Bedroom still need to be done. For the one I need to find the directions as it is not intuitive.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy, y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Off to the rat mines...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning, its Rainy Monday!
    Thunder rumbles, lightening flashes, and nearly daybreak. That sounds so goofy, 7:30, and waiting for sunrise. Long winter darkness has set in! I know Ed remembers Kat (not me) from our Early Risers days long ago...she's in Alaska, and they are heading into all day darkness. Last I remember her saying about 2 weeks ago, they were losing 7 minutes of daylight a DAY....that's nearly an hour a week!!! I couldn't stand it!

Staying close to home today. Watching the water in my driveway pond....and inch closer and closer to the garage door. Its never flooded, but today is worst I've seen.

Hope all is well for you guys...

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Today should hopefully be a good day for weight loss. I got my usual walk in +10 cents, then when I got home I filled 5 leaf bags from the front Yard. Tomorrow The back yard :) Nice Weather This Week, I started out in a sweatshirt and removed it for part of the walk due the temperatures warming up.

Tomorrows plan Vote during the morning walk.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
    IBFx9G.png
    Good Morning, its Rainy Monday!
    Thunder rumbles, lightening flashes, and nearly daybreak. That sounds so goofy, 7:30, and waiting for sunrise. Long winter darkness has set in! I know Ed remembers Kat (not me) from our Early Risers days long ago...she's in Alaska, and they are heading into all day darkness. Last I remember her saying about 2 weeks ago, they were losing 7 minutes of daylight a DAY....that's nearly an hour a week!!! I couldn't stand it!

Staying close to home today. Watching the water in my driveway pond....and inch closer and closer to the garage door. Its never flooded, but today is worst I've seen.

Hope all is well for you guys...

Later...

Hi Valerie
    We are having great weather this week. I'm sorry to hear Your weather is so bad. Stay Dry

I would have thought that with the change back to Standard time daybreak would be earlier not later.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger you made me go back and check with the weather bureau! It was raining this morning, alot of rain! BUT sunrise did officially happen at 6:58 (7 a.m. not 7:30 as I thought) Still quite dark, very overcast, but at least the rain stopped. Many of our area creeks and rivers are flooding...nothing near me... Sunset will happen at 5:46p.m.
    Chances are pretty good I won't see that either! :(

I was able to get leaves up Saturday afternoon...but it was just 'round one'...leaves still about 70% ON the trees. I just needed to get them off my moss lawn, etc. We get two predicted dry days this week, and then right back into the monsoon. My rain gauge is showing 4.5 inches of rain since sometime late Saturday night. I was glad the littles were able to Trick or Treat before it started. The 'lake shore' in my driveway has receded about 3 feet but is still problematical. To get my mail, I am either going to have to don my rubber boots, or back the car out to the street, get my mail, and then return up the driveway....and I suspect that is just what I will do!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Getting ready for another day at the salt races.

• GardenKatGardens
    Good morning.
    Slept longer than I meant to...so kinda in a rush today. Lots of errands to do...like cat food, wet and dry! and WF for a vegan organic salad dressing I enjoy. I got these wonderful 'artisan' heads of romaine...what ever the heck that means, but their just the right size for 2 salads each head...only to find out I forgot to get salad dressing at WF...soooo. etc, etc, etc.

Ed, I hope you're keeping your head above water! Don't let this job stress you out and mess with your blood work.

Roger....hope you had a good scale day! And a good walk. Still overcast here, but light enough to tell that it IS day time!

My scale and I are having a spat. It has fallen madly in love with my current weight, and will NOT let go. Never mind...I went back and checked...just seems like forever. Only been 5 days. Still...it could have let go of a half pound at least!! :) Ugly scale!
    (hope you're both laughing along with me, at my impatience)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2015
    Hi
    I walked today, again :)
    Four Stops, 1really beat-up Penny, Post office, 7 Eleven for the Ex-large Refill, Polling place to Vote, then to the Bank to make a deposit.

Beautiful day out for walking too.

Have a Nice Election Day
    Roger
    Roger you made me go back and check with the weather bureau! It was raining this morning, alot of rain! BUT sunrise did officially happen at 6:58 (7 a.m. not 7:30 as I thought) Still quite dark, very overcast, but at least the rain stopped. Many of our area creeks and rivers are flooding...nothing near me... Sunset will happen at 5:46p.m.
    Chances are pretty good I won't see that either! :(

I was able to get leaves up Saturday afternoon...but it was just 'round one'...leaves still about 70% ON the trees. I just needed to get them off my moss lawn, etc. We get two predicted dry days this week, and then right back into the monsoon. My rain gauge is showing 4.5 inches of rain since sometime late Saturday night. I was glad the littles were able to Trick or Treat before it started. The 'lake shore' in my driveway has receded about 3 feet but is still problematical. To get my mail, I am either going to have to don my rubber boots, or back the car out to the street, get my mail, and then return up the driveway....and I suspect that is just what I will do!

Later...
    Good morning.
    Slept longer than I meant to...so kinda in a rush today. Lots of errands to do...like cat food, wet and dry! and WF for a vegan organic salad dressing I enjoy. I got these wonderful 'artisan' heads of romaine...what ever the heck that means, but their just the right size for 2 salads each head...only to find out I forgot to get salad dressing at WF...soooo. etc, etc, etc.

Ed, I hope you're keeping your head above water! Don't let this job stress you out and mess with your blood work.

Roger....hope you had a good scale day! And a good walk. Still overcast here, but light enough to tell that it IS day time!

My scale and I are having a spat. It has fallen madly in love with my current weight, and will NOT let go. Never mind...I went back and checked...just seems like forever. Only been 5 days. Still...it could have let go of a half pound at least!! :) Ugly scale!
    (hope you're both laughing along with me, at my impatience)

Later...

Hi
    Days of rain can sure have an impact on Our health IMO.

We did rake up the leaves and Bag them Yesterday, Monday. That will be it for the front Yard I suspect as the Tree across the street and in the Yards to our right and left are already 99% leaf free. Trees behind the back Yard are still mostly leafed out :( A different type of tree I guess.

I keep a daily Log of weight, Mine seems to stick for days then show a drop. Not sure why.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hey Roger, "I keep a daily Log of weight, Mine seems to stick for days then show a drop. Not sure why."
    It does that because the scale is a diabolical, pathological, mean, liar!!! LOL!!! Years ago, on NS website there was a lengthy explanation on why the scale gets stuck...and it all boiled down to 'the scale is a liar'!! No joke.
    I grabbed my trusty tape measure, and I have lost another inch of my waist. So, I know the little liar scale is just being a 'turd'! LOL!!!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Off to the rat mines again. I survived two days so far!

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Guys! Its Wednesday!
    Had a great time watching O last night. She finally mastered some sort of back flip plus move, and a forward hands free flip. Can't decide which she'll break first, her head or her spine!!! That is one limber, not to mention fit kid!

The Daddy person, DS1, sent me the schedule for Nate's 'other' hockey team...the Squirt Select Team. Squirt being the age classification, and Select his abilities...I can now officially kiss my weekends goodbye. Both Sat, and Sunday. Not quite sure how I feel about that. I lived it once when it was my kids and I was at the rink for games/practices, 5-7 days a week...never expected to relive the experience.

Today, another gray, showery, drizzle day. I would like to see some sunshine, please.

Not much on my agenda today...a load of laundry, clean the other bathroom, (did one Sunday),

Ed...congrats on day 2! and onward to day 3!! These have been less than beautiful days to be at the fuel center. Hope the weather improves for you, and that I see you've typed in that you got 2 more employees!

Roger, hope your walk was financially lucrative, (:)), as well as positive steps toward your health and goals! Love reading your posts!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Walked today and Picked up 6 Nice looking Apples :)
    Currently over 8600 Steps according to the Fitbit.
    Todays weather was once again really nice. Started out in a sweatshirt, 1/4 of the way through the walk It was off hanging on my arm as I walked. Supposed to be some rain in the forecast Thursday & into Friday. It does not look like much currently from what the forecast is showing.

Have a Nice MidWeek Day
    Roger
    Hey Roger, "I keep a daily Log of weight, Mine seems to stick for days then show a drop. Not sure why."
    It does that because the scale is a diabolical, pathological, mean, liar!!! LOL!!! Years ago, on NS website there was a lengthy explanation on why the scale gets stuck...and it all boiled down to 'the scale is a liar'!! No joke.
    I grabbed my trusty tape measure, and I have lost another inch of my waist. So, I know the little liar scale is just being a 'turd'! LOL!!!

• RogerToo
    edited November 2015
    Hi
    Walked today and Picked up 6 Nice looking Apples :)
    Currently over 8600 Steps according to the Fitbit.
    Todays weather was once again really nice. Started out in a sweatshirt, 1/4 of the way through the walk It was off hanging on my arm as I walked. Supposed to be some rain in the forecast Thursday & into Friday. It does not look like much currently from what the forecast is showing.

Have a Nice MidWeek Day
    Roger

Hi Kat
    I don't think of as a Liar, More like it froze and needs a reboot :)
    However That seems to be the way it works for me and many others, days of stuck then drop.

Cheers
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Off to the rat mines again. I survived two days so far!

Hi Ed
    I hope You end up doing more than just surviving. Have You told the head cheese that staffing is at a critical level and get going on adding some?

Good Luck with that, they sound cheap
    Roger
    Good Morning Guys! Its Wednesday!
    Had a great time watching O last night. She finally mastered some sort of back flip plus move, and a forward hands free flip. Can't decide which she'll break first, her head or her spine!!! That is one limber, not to mention fit kid!

The Daddy person, DS1, sent me the schedule for Nate's 'other' hockey team...the Squirt Select Team. Squirt being the age classification, and Select his abilities...I can now officially kiss my weekends goodbye. Both Sat, and Sunday. Not quite sure how I feel about that. I lived it once when it was my kids and I was at the rink for games/practices, 5-7 days a week...never expected to relive the experience.

Today, another gray, showery, drizzle day. I would like to see some sunshine, please.

Not much on my agenda today...a load of laundry, clean the other bathroom, (did one Sunday),

Ed...congrats on day 2! and onward to day 3!! These have been less than beautiful days to be at the fuel center. Hope the weather improves for you, and that I see you've typed in that you got 2 more employees!

Roger, hope your walk was financially lucrative, (:)), as well as positive steps toward your health and goals! Love reading your posts!

Later...

Hi Again
    Not Financially Lucrative, I found nothing. About what I expected to find given that I am out later in the day now.

If I said Weekends are over rated? I was starting to post earlier then My Brother came down and that stopped that, Then I went out back and cleaned off more walnuts to be dried and then took some that had been drying and cracked them and here I am back at nearly 1PM.

Speaking of cashing in Man gets $5,000 cashing in penny collection, Just in case You missed it.
    From Here

AP
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 10:16PM
    RUSTON, LA --
    After more than 45 years of saving pennies, a Louisiana man decided it was time to cash them in.

The News-Star reports that 73-year-old Otha Anders, of Ruston, took 15 5-gallon plastic water jugs full of the coins to the bank on Tuesday. His grand total: A deposit of $5,136.14 into his account. He says it will go toward a recent dental bill.

Anders says that after his first coin, his penny pile began to grow, so he ultimately stopped spending pennies. He says he made sure that in any purchase, his change contained at least three to four pennies.

During the five-hour process of counting the pennies, the plastic jugs were hacked open with an ax and hammer.

The pennies were then poured into the coin machine with small plastic buckets.

Thank You for the kind words
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Wow! $5000+ in pennies. I can't imagine. At one time I saved pennies, and other coin. Ended up week by week taking them to work for quarters. Went on for about a year. Kept pennies in our register!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Today, for the first time, I woke up one minute BEFORE my alarm went off. I guess my body is slowly getting trained. Off to the salt races!

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning! Its Thursday, aka 'Practice Friday'!
    Today in my house its going to be known as Productive Pre Friday!! I have been lazy all week! Today will be catch up chores day. Maybe a trip to the gym...maybe.

After all my name calling yesterday, I did get the attention of that scale. Lost my pound this morning. I was more than happy to see it.

Another dull, overcast day...wet leaves slowly falling on equally wet ground and leaves....Can't rake or blow them til they dry. One maple is about 75% dropped...the other maple, right next to it, is only maybe 30% dropped. Lots of work ahead.

Gonna borrow Ed's 'Off to the...' . Today its the Rat races on my side of town. :)

Hope you are able to get your walk in Roger...

Later...
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2015
    Hi
    I ended up walking 3 miles today, longer than planned + One battered Dime.

A really Nice day if You exclude the Light Mist and Drizzle for the first part of it, I used the umbrella for about 5 minutes and that was it. I went out in a Thin Long Sleeve Shirt and it was getting warm by the end of the day :)

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    Wow! $5000+ in pennies. I can't imagine. At one time I saved pennies, and other coin. Ended up week by week taking them to work for quarters. Went on for about a year. Kept pennies in our register!

Hi Valerie
    Funny that You should mention that, I also saved my Loose Change and used it at work to save a Trip to the Bank on the way to work.

Cheers
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Today, for the first time, I woke up one minute BEFORE my alarm went off. I guess my body is slowly getting trained. Off to the salt races!

Hi Ed
    I used to wake up slightly ahead of the alarm clock too once I had a job with regular starting times :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Good Morning! Its Thursday, aka 'Practice Friday'!
    Today in my house its going to be known as Productive Pre Friday!! I have been lazy all week! Today will be catch up chores day. Maybe a trip to the gym...maybe.

After all my name calling yesterday, I did get the attention of that scale. Lost my pound this morning. I was more than happy to see it.

Another dull, overcast day...wet leaves slowly falling on equally wet ground and leaves....Can't rake or blow them til they dry. One maple is about 75% dropped...the other maple, right next to it, is only maybe 30% dropped. Lots of work ahead.

Gonna borrow Ed's 'Off to the...' . Today its the Rat races on my side of town. :)

Hope you are able to get your walk in Roger...

Later...

Hi Again
    I did get my walk in and a bit further too.

While I was walking my Brother put out some recycling I had missed due to where it was stored, Did Some laundry and raked the back Yard too.

Have a Nice day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    I had a customer ask me this morning if I'd lost "a lot" of weight!

• GardenKatGardens
    Yea! ED!!!!
    I'm sure that made you feel pretty good!!!