Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,597 Member
    Options
    $8 toast vs. $20 toast? I don't think any toast is worth even $8 much less $20. At least they weren't in the $100s for this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3zQELlrY6A
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! ITs my T-W post. LOL!
    I don't know where I was yesterday...but according to Roger's Hi Valerie, I was not here! hmmm.
    Furnace check Roger...an annual thing I do...keeps my furnace clean and all the circuits up to par, they clean out the outside part which I think must have been skipped last time from the amount of pine needles and other debris he got out of there. That furnace/AC unit was over $5000, so keeping it in good condition is worth the yearly $50, at least in my opinion.
    I do the same with the furnace each fall. Also, I buy the yearly plan, which means that if something was to go wrong, they have 24 hours to get out here and fix it! So, when the mother board went out on the furnace a couple years ago, it was cold out, and they were here in like 2 hours, got a new board and had my furnace up and running in no time! Meanwhile Marietta's inlaws had a heating issue, and I gave her my contract peeps, and they told her it would be 2 DAYS before they could come look at it, and she got the same response from several different companies.

The cat food. Its a regular supermarket brand, and yes, I've gotten it from WalMart for years. I don't know why they didn't have it on the shelves. Will pick it up today at Kroger.

Speaking of shopping...Ed. I hope you make your grocery shopping a swing into Aldi's...nice selection of fresh fruit on sale this week, including watermelons...I may go pick one up. Fla. grown, (too early for our GA melons), and its forecast to be 90 + degrees both Saturday and Sunday...so a good cold watermelon should taste pretty good!!!

My Fitbit is charging, and almost done.. seems to need charged about every 6 days. I can manage that. :)

Will be curious to know if your frozens arrive today Roger. And I laughed outloud at several of the cartoons from both yesterday and today.

Kathie, I hope you make it thru the day, especially after lunch today with your 'early riser' status. I think we all wake some odd nights for no known reason, only to have going back to sleep elude us til right before the alarm goes off! I know I've done that. Not very often thank goodness!

Ed, going to watch your video's later when I get back from Kroger and Aldi's. ( I know you're not interested, but Aldi's has a good deal on an enameled cast iron pot this week...thought of you when I saw it!)

Later...

• GardenKatGardens
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Let me clarify the furnace cost....annual cost is like $79 for 2 visits, emergency service, etc. NOT in addition to the $50/each Fall & Spring. OK, Didn't want you to think I was down here in GA just tossing money away! Trust me...

And the Aldi's Cast Iron enameled Dutch Oven was $60 today at Kroger. Saw that while I was searching for the 'Simply Potatoes'. I am hating this move everything some place else. And their excuse that they are putting the organic/'healthy foods' with the standard foods. Phooey they are! Most of the foods I eat like Amy's organic Vegan foods, tofu, etc have lost shelf/freezer space. I may be soon driving the extra couple miles to Whole Food. At least I will know the foods being sold do not have artificial sweeteners, colors, or GMO's.

Ok, rant over.

Later, like tomorrow dudes! LOL

• parityanimal
    Options
    I didn't see the Dutch oven in the Aldi ad, but may check it out tomorrow while I am out. Though I do have to day I'm not really particularly interested in enameled cast iron, I do like to look at it as some of it is rather nice looking.

The vet called this afternoon to let me know that Lilo's prescriptions were ready but it was already getting toward rush hour so I decided to leave that until tomorrow.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    i3G1uo.gif

wv54E4.gif

A0TKmI.gif

du4SyJ.jpg

M10yzX.jpg

jzYFyX.jpg

MaSU1T.jpg

lxrCWl.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I'm back from walking no cents. The temperature this morning was 54 degrees and the walking was OK until the light wind arrived. There is rain in the forecast for later on today. Today's Plans are Bank then CostCo.

I had the new NS Cinnamon Coffee Cake @ 170 Calories before heading out the door, I put it in the refrigerator and gave it enough time in the MW to warm it instead of MW'ing it from frozen as indicated on the package or eating it at room temperature which was the alternative given. It was tasty too.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-problem-with-prescription-drug-prices/
    The problem with prescription drug prices

https://www.freep.com/story/news/2018/05/08/pedestrian-deaths-skyrocket-suvs-share-blame/585379002/
    Death on foot: Pedestrian fatalities skyrocket in U.S.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/oakland/2018/05/07/rats-rodents-cars-vehicles/578398002/
    Rats can't resist wiring in newer cars: Here's why

https://www.similarweb.com/top-websites/united-states
    Top Websites Ranking
    Top sites ranking for all categories in United States

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/05/08/runny-nose-brain-fluid-leak/
    Woman’s Runny Nose Was Actually Leaking Brain Fluid, Doctors Say

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/05/07/serial-squatters-landlords-lurch/
    ‘Serial Squatters’ Leave Landlords In The Lurch
    There was news about the same thing in NYC last year

https://www.wsj.com/articles/more-u-s-workers-test-positive-for-illicit-drugs-1525777200
    More U.S. Workers Test Positive for Certain Illicit Drugs
    New data show fewer positive tests for prescription painkillers but sharp increases for cocaine, methamphetamine

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning! ITs my T-W post. LOL!
    I don't know where I was yesterday...but according to Roger's Hi Valerie, I was not here! hmmm.
    Furnace check Roger...an annual thing I do...keeps my furnace clean and all the circuits up to par, they clean out the outside part which I think must have been skipped last time from the amount of pine needles and other debris he got out of there. That furnace/AC unit was over $5000, so keeping it in good condition is worth the yearly $50, at least in my opinion.
    I do the same with the furnace each fall. Also, I buy the yearly plan, which means that if something was to go wrong, they have 24 hours to get out here and fix it! So, when the mother board went out on the furnace a couple years ago, it was cold out, and they were here in like 2 hours, got a new board and had my furnace up and running in no time! Meanwhile Marietta's in laws had a heating issue, and I gave her my contract peeps, and they told her it would be 2 DAYS before they could come look at it, and she got the same response from several different companies.
    Hi Valerie
    Motherboards in a Furnace, You must have one of the smart ones that adjust heating according to need and outside temps. Hot Air ? Ours is a dumb one with the old style Mercury switch Thermostat on the wall in the hall and Hot water too. Gas Fired so not much cleaning or maintenance needed. The only repairs it has needed (Knock Wood) so far are a new Thermocouple twice. That sits in the flame from the pilot light and will not let the burner kick on if it fails or there is no flame in the pilot light. To light it You need to use a flame while holding the Gas valve button. If we had Oil heat or hot air then cleaning would be needed each fall.
    The cat food. Its a regular supermarket brand, and yes, I've gotten it from WalMart for years. I don't know why they didn't have it on the shelves. Will pick it up today at Kroger.

Speaking of shopping...Ed. I hope you make your grocery shopping a swing into Aldi's...nice selection of fresh fruit on sale this week, including watermelons...I may go pick one up. Fla. grown, (too early for our GA melons), and its forecast to be 90 + degrees both Saturday and Sunday...so a good cold watermelon should taste pretty good!!!

My Fitbit is charging, and almost done.. seems to need charged about every 6 days. I can manage that. :)

Will be curious to know if your frozens arrive today Roger. And I laughed outloud at several of the cartoons from both yesterday and today.

Kathie, I hope you make it thru the day, especially after lunch today with your 'early riser' status. I think we all wake some odd nights for no known reason, only to have going back to sleep elude us til right before the alarm goes off! I know I've done that. Not very often thank goodness!

Ed, going to watch your video's later when I get back from Kroger and Aldi's. ( I know you're not interested, but Aldi's has a good deal on an enameled cast iron pot this week...thought of you when I saw it!)

Later...
    FWIW FedEx dropped off the frozen at 7:08 PM :( I was checking it in and storing it away until 8PM.

Thanks for the feedback on the humor, Enjoy today's too.
    Let me clarify the furnace cost....annual cost is like $79 for 2 visits, emergency service, etc. NOT in addition to the $50/each Fall & Spring. OK, Didn't want you to think I was down here in GA just tossing money away! Trust me...

And the Aldi's Cast Iron enameled Dutch Oven was $60 today at Kroger. Saw that while I was searching for the 'Simply Potatoes'. I am hating this move everything some place else. And their excuse that they are putting the organic/'healthy foods' with the standard foods. Phooey they are! Most of the foods I eat like Amy's organic Vegan foods, tofu, etc have lost shelf/freezer space. I may be soon driving the extra couple miles to Whole Food. At least I will know the foods being sold do not have artificial sweeteners, colors, or GMO's.

Ok, rant over.

Later, like tomorrow dudes! LOL
    Today's CostCo visit is for three types of paper goods, TP, Kleenex and paper towels. One opened sleeve of TP left, One roll of paper towels and 6 Kleenex so a case of all three is indicated. Then I will look at the Fruit and see if anything looks good and pick up frozen vegetables.

FWIW the Frozen Vegetable selection at Whole Foods was not as good as at the ShopRite and pricier, OTOH 16 ounce bags at WF vs 12 ounce bags at the grocery store :smiley:

I am thinking of hitting WF in the next few days for more Bacon to make BLTs with as their bacon was tasty.

Good Luck with Your shopping, the Shoprite is a little closer than the WF, however I can get to and and back home from the WF quicker since it is on a state highway. It also may not burn more gas as it is a lot less stop and go driving.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I didn't see the Dutch oven in the Aldi ad, but may check it out tomorrow while I am out. Though I do have to day I'm not really particularly interested in enameled cast iron, I do like to look at it as some of it is rather nice looking.

The vet called this afternoon to let me know that Lilo's prescriptions were ready but it was already getting toward rush hour so I decided to leave that until tomorrow.
    Hi Ed
    I do not blame You for avoiding the Rush Hour :smiley:
    I managed to avoid rush hour driving with may last 16 years of work as I started at 10AM and worked weekdays until 7PM and it was a entire 5 to 7 minute drive depending on the traffic lights.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 60 with an expected high of 88 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to pick up a couple of items at the veterinarian's office and probably stop by Kroger and/or Aldi for a few things.

I will start the dishwasher after I feed the cats in a while.

Lunch will likely be leftover lasagna soup from last night.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Kids try hot dogs from 10 states. I love most of the "kids try" videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsA9uhdcRjE
  • parityanimal
    Options
    As much as I enjoy seeing the kids' reactions to different foods, I also get a kick out of seeing what will be the next thing to be DEEP FRIED at carnivals and fairs. Not that we need to be EATING any of this stuff, but it's fun to see what they are up to.

There used to be ONE reason I really enjoyed going to a carnival. STUFF ON A STICK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leHjy5op_dA
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I also love seeing people re-make classic dishes into vegan versions. Being married to a vegetarian, my world view changed a lot from the major "steak and potatoes" guy I was before. Now I make a lot of vegetarian, and even some vegan, food. When I was younger, I'd usually bring some kind of meat casserole to pot lucks but for the last 24 years or so I bring something vegetarian (may include dairy, honey, and/or eggs) but my most popular dish is my spicy vegan baked beans.

While we don't need to eat a lot of desserts, and I don't have to make those vegan (just vegetarian) at home, it's still fun to see how it's done right. One of the best carrot cakes I've ever tasted was at a vegan restaurant near our home. It was so light and fluffy and tasty that I'd never have guessed it was vegan.

But enough rambling. On the some vegan desserts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX7f5A4Vnhk
  • parityanimal
    Options
    This looks tasty, for an occasional dinner treat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INgNfx3EnU0
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hi she said quickly while trying to run out the door...
    Going to the gym, then home to get ready to leave again. Nate's Band concert. (Nate plays trombone ). His mother has a hilarious video of Nate and trombone trying to wake a very resistant Olivia!!!

Its also trash to the curb nite. And from Ted and I working on the 'new addition' that rollie is FULL. Also some set out for either trash haulers, or the peeps who drive neighborhoods the night before next morning pick-up. And the recycle bin is full along with two containers of shredded paper.

Tom E. is getting lazy...or old. He now sits outside of the porch when called and waits for me to open the screen door, as opposed to coming thru the cat window. I'm not sure its not intentional..cuz animals know a sucker when they see one. LOL

Kathie, good morning! Hope you week is going well. And your weather conducive to outdoor activity of any sort!

Roger, heat and air unit will be 5 years old in July. Its worth it to me to have preventive service as needed.

Ok, gym time is elapsing!

Later...
  • faithfornsKathie
    faithfornsKathie Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Hi she said quickly while trying to run out the door...
    Going to the gym, then home to get ready to leave again. Nate's Band concert. (Nate plays trombone ). His mother has a hilarious video of Nate and trombone trying to wake a very resistant Olivia!!!

Its also trash to the curb nite. And from Ted and I working on the 'new addition' that rollie is FULL. Also some set out for either trash haulers, or the peeps who drive neighborhoods the night before next morning pick-up. And the recycle bin is full along with two containers of shredded paper.

Tom E. is getting lazy...or old. He now sits outside of the porch when called and waits for me to open the screen door, as opposed to coming thru the cat window. I'm not sure its not intentional..cuz animals know a sucker when they see one. LOL

Kathie, good morning! Hope you week is going well. And your weather conducive to outdoor activity of any sort!

Roger, heat and air unit will be 5 years old in July. Its worth it to me to have preventive service as needed.

Ok, gym time is elapsing!

Later...

Hello, week is going well. It has gotten hot here the last couple days. It will be hot the rest of the week. Highs around 92. It is pretty but to hot for me.

How is your weather?
  • RogerToo
    Options
    5BY99Q.jpg

weDQcH.gif

fR1iOT.gif

15RYm5.gif

X5Y86D.gif

ZpF2Qq.jpg

DLIz1W.jpg

yOHLST.gif
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I'm back from walking no cents. The temperature this morning was 63 degrees and the walking was good.

I had the new NS Butterscotch Cake @ 140 Calories before heading out the door, I put it in the refrigerator overnight and gave it enough time in the MW to warm it up. It was tasty not quite as good as the Cinnamon Coffee Cake, OTOH better than the NS Carrot Cake.

I did go to the bank and CostCo yesterday and spent $94.43 on the paper goods, vegetables, Apples etc.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-05-03/america-s-elderly-are-losing-37-billion-a-year-to-fraud
    How Criminals Steal $37 Billion a Year from America’s Elderly

http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2018/may/09/california-power-supplies-will-be-tight-this-summer-grid-operator/
    California grid operator sees tight power supplies for summer

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/05/08/record-breaking-electricity-usage-summer/
    DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) Record-Breaking Electricity Usage Expected this Summer

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/05/09/oops-drivers-catch-embarrassing-spelling-error-on-corsicana-sign/
    CORSICANA (CBSDFW.COM) Oops! Drivers Catch Embarrassing Spelling Error On Corsicana Sign

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/national/never-heard-of-third-hand-smoke-researchers-show-why-you-should-care-20180509
    Never heard of third-hand smoke? Researchers show why you should care

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article210768809.html
    [bWhen she wouldn't give her landlord an ultrasound photo, woman lost her apartment[/b]

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 60 with an expected high of 88 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to pick up a couple of items at the veterinarian's office and probably stop by Kroger and/or Aldi for a few things.

I will start the dishwasher after I feed the cats in a while.

Lunch will likely be leftover lasagna soup from last night.
    Hi Ed
    Lasagna Soup he says, I never heard of that, I'm not sure if it sounds good or not. I am guessing Tomato based with some pasta and cheese ?
    As much as I enjoy seeing the kids' reactions to different foods, I also get a kick out of seeing what will be the next thing to be DEEP FRIED at carnivals and fairs. Not that we need to be EATING any of this stuff, but it's fun to see what they are up to.

There used to be ONE reason I really enjoyed going to a carnival. STUFF ON A STICK!
    The things I like that are Deep Fried at a carnival or county fair would be Zeppoles, Corn Dogs, French Fries of course and once in a while Funnel Cake.

Other than that Fried on a grill, Burgers and Sausage sandwiches as well as meat on a stick :wink:
    I also love seeing people re-make classic dishes into vegan versions. Being married to a vegetarian, my world view changed a lot from the major "steak and potatoes" guy I was before. Now I make a lot of vegetarian, and even some vegan, food. When I was younger, I'd usually bring some kind of meat casserole to pot lucks but for the last 24 years or so I bring something vegetarian (may include dairy, honey, and/or eggs) but my most popular dish is my spicy vegan baked beans.

While we don't need to eat a lot of desserts, and I don't have to make those vegan (just vegetarian) at home, it's still fun to see how it's done right. One of the best carrot cakes I've ever tasted was at a vegan restaurant near our home. It was so light and fluffy and tasty that I'd never have guessed it was vegan.

But enough rambling. On the some vegan desserts!
    The three new NS Snack cakes are of course marked Vegetarian as well as being tasty. Of the two I have tried so far I plan to order more in the next order.

Today is looking nice outside and the Iris that I thought would possibly open today ended up opening in the afternoon Thursday. Rain is showing in the weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Kids try hot dogs from 10 states. I love most of the "kids try" videos.
    P.S. I will be looking at this one later, I like the Jersey dogs including the Jimmy Buff's Italian Hot Dogs and the usual suspects such as a Chilli Dog, Cheese Dog or Plain with chopped onions and Ketchup, many prefer Mustard to Ketchup FWIW.

Did I ever mention that a Chinese take out location has added Cheese Steak Egg Rolls, Fried Donuts and something called Crab Rangoon ?