Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• faithfornsKathie
    faithfornsKathie Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hello, week is going well. It has gotten hot here the last couple days. It will be hot the rest of the week. Highs around 92. It is pretty but to hot for me.

How is your weather?

Hi Kathie
    I am not happy that the weather forecast for the upcoming week is showing a few days in the 80s, I would not be happy with 92 degrees.

I hope it cools of where You are.
    Roger

Good morning. I finally got here early for a change. Working today but its Saturday so that's a good thing.

Have a good day.

Hi Kathie
    I was curious if You have tried the NS items ? I have tried some of the Limited time Dinners now that my delivery has arrived, The Chipotle Beef and Broccoli Bowl was hotter than I like, I have not tried the Artichoke & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast and I have high hopes that it is good since I took a chance and ordered four of them, the Roasted Chicken Pomodoro must have been added after I ordered and I would have loved to try it, I suspect that it will be gone by the time I do my next order, I need to go do a three month delay today. I can always move it closer if needed. I do use some items from the freezer section to add variety hence the three month delay.

As an example the lower sugar oatmeal from Quaker oats is tasty and cheaper than the NS oatmeal. I buy Blueberry Waffles and Blueberry Pancakes at the Dollar Tree, 3 meals for a dollar :smiley:
    I also have too many Non refrigerated lunches in the cabinet that I need to use up.

Enjoy You next two days off from work
    Roger
    Hi Roger. thanks, so glad its my weekend!
    Yes I get the NS food. I just switched to lunch and snacks. I used to have UY plan with the frozen foods too. I delay my shipment every three months too. I had some things go bad before becasue I was either flexing or not eating right so I switched to less foods for awhile.
    I like a lot of the frozen foods. Never tried any of the foods you mentioned. I like the frozen pizzas and the frozen chicken parmasion(sp) I like the breakfast muffins and bars and the lunch bars and shelf stable lunch's.
  • faithfornsKathie
    faithfornsKathie Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Did you guys know that the NS gift cards at Costco are on sale for 59.99 till 5/20
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    XfTkgW.jpg

vvUM32.gif

ESf6eW.jpg

kuiajI.gif

oajfb2.jpg

dnayqd.gif

YYS5px.jpg

dfKSgy.gif
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I'm back from walking 2 cents found a block apart. The temperature this morning was 53 degrees and the walking was good. Around 4 blocks from the house a light rain began falling, it never got heavy enough to make me pull out the disposable rain poncho :wink:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/debt-may-force-lincoln-library-and-museum-to-sell-artifacts/article_d2264897-20eb-58ef-8844-7f84130be176.html
    Debt may force Lincoln library and museum to sell artifacts

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/nations-oldest-veteran-richard-overton-turns-112
    Nation's oldest veteran Richard Overton turns 112

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-11/frozen-food-makes-unlikely-comeback-in-heyday-of-quinoa-and-kale
    Frozen Food Is Making an Unlikely Comeback

https://bnonews.com/site/index.php/2018/05/tsunami-warning-accidentally-broadcast-alaska-tv/
    Tsunami warning accidentally broadcast in Alaska

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/may/11/dinosaur-skeleton-therapod-auction-paris
    Rare dinosaur skeleton for sale – along with the right to name species

https://nypost.com/2018/05/10/famed-artist-booted-from-tribeca-loft-fined-185k-for-renting-pad-on-airbnb/
    Artist loses rent-stabilized Tribeca loft, fined $185K for putting it on Airbnb

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5715533/Manhattan-miracle-Woman-paid-28-43-rent-apartment.html
    A Manhattan miracle! Actress paid less than $30 A MONTH for her Greenwich Village apartment for 63 YEARS due to rent control clause (but shunned any renovations living without a bath, hot water or heat)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's satisfying Saturday. 67 now with an expected high of 91 and 0% chance of precipitation.

We have orchid photography today and a pool party. At the same time. J plans to stop by the pool party location, help set up, then drive to the orchid photography, and then back to the pool party for the last couple of hours and cleanup.

My bad knee decided to be ... well...bad yesterday all of a sudden and honestly I'm not sure if I'm going at all. Maybe just go to the party (but it's a 6 hour party...) and let J go by himself to the photography? Or maybe just stay at home and elevate my knee. I'll decide a bit later I guess...

Need to get laundry from the other day folded and need to feed the cats. Might make a bowl of oatmeal now that Roger has reminded me I have some in there to make.
    Hi Ed
    I am feeling tempted to make oatmeal today too, The simple reason is the house is cool at 66 degrees since I turned off the heat last week when it was getting up to 90 :wink: And it was cool outside walking too, It was 53 degrees when I left and is still showing 53 degrees on the front porch currently 2+ hours later. A warm oatmeal thus sounds like a good idea.

I'm guessing you have tried a OTC pain med, or heat or maybe a ice pack ?
    Home cooked vs. $48 pasta.
    Before I forget I watched the Grapefruit Steak video, I had thought that the title referred to Grapefruit rind being in the breading until I watched it, Wow was I wrong :smiley:

This is my opinion since I have not watched the pasta video yet. Having said that Home Cooked Pasta can be cooked to match tastes. Aldente or not, ratio of cheeses, how the Tomato Gravy is seasoned etc. The $48 pasta is cooked to some other persons tastes.

Did I ever mention that a Chinese take out location has added Cheese Steak Egg Rolls, Fried Donuts and something called Crab Rangoon ?

They've just added Crab Rangoon? I thought just about all Chinese places had that on their menus from long ago to now. It's actually quite tasty, but not something one should eat a lot of.
    As to the Crab Rangoon, it has the word new next to it at the one Chinese take out and has been available at the other nearby one. The one that had the Crab Rangoon is also the one that has a Crispy Duck Dish. I just happened to notice it was new due to being marked as New :wink:
    We keep getting these credit card sized $100 wine voucher with free shipping offers in the packages of things my brother buys. As I see it it could be a good offer, You need to buy a case of wine at $160 and up to qualify. I Just do not know how to tell if it is a good offer ? The offer is from nakedwines.com.

I've had three of the wines from NakedWines and they were decent. The deal sounds reasonable, but I haven't looked at their pricing lately so can't be sure. And to get that special offer do you have to agree to any sort of automatic shipping every month or the like? Read the fine print.

If you can get the offer without having to sign up for anything, and THEN decide whether you want to join any club they may have, after reading the terms, it might be worth a try.

I joined my wine club (www.splashwines.com) initially through a Groupon deal that, at that time, gave me a free 6 month membership. They don't ship me ANYTHING unless I order it, and the wines are pretty good and reasonably priced. At the end of the six month period I bought a Founders Club membership (lifetime for a one time payment) to continue to get member prices, along with a free bottle of wine (have to include it in a crate though) once a year, and 5% of purchases back in discounts.

As I have that lifetime membership, with no automatic shipments, I don't really have much interest in any wine club that wants to try to "learn" my tastes and then automatically select wines for me. I may select a curated crate from Splash, with pre-defined selections, but it's ME deciding I'll take that particular assortment, not some computer program that thinks I might like it, and it is not being sent unless I request it. They generally have a number of fairly consistent pre-selected assortments, and you can always opt to build your own. Some of the curated crates are all wines I'm familiar with and some have several I've not tried. I love trying new things, so may select one that has some new (to me) wines occasionally. I have to build my own crate when ordering my free bottle. I enter the coupon code, and the free bottle is placed in the virtual crate waiting for me to select 14 more wines to fill the crate.

Shipping is free for members (it wasn't free in the Groupon deal, but the price was low enough to offset that) so once I make my selections, my total in wine is my total cost. They are not charging sales tax on shipments to Georgia at this time as they have no presence in this state and are not required to do so.

I like my Splash wines better than I liked the three Naked wines I tried, but in all fairness I only tried three of their "summer patio" wines on a special deal I saw on Amazon last summer. So I haven't really tried enough from them to say for sure how the rest of their selections are.

I looked here https://us.nakedwines.com/hunt17111 and see plenty of pre selected cases. The Coupon says good for 6, 9, 12 or 15 bottles at $160 and up.
    This is all that I see for
    Sale Terms & Conditions

* $100 off select bundles, plus free ground shipping.

* Enter code at the top of the page and select one of the bundles to see the $100 discounted automatically in your cart, plus free shipping.

* Other items from nakedwinery.com are not included in promotion. One coupon code per order, per bundle.

* Free Shipping does not apply to HI or AK. Offer may not be combined with any other discount or offer.

The terms do not look to onerous from what I can see, Your opinion ? We do have a wine rack in the living room that has a couple of items in it. That it would be nice to add too.
    If I could impose on You to give me some feedback taking into consideration that I have a bit of a sweet tooth :blush:

FWIW if any of You here wanted to try, I have two different ones that came in packages from things my brother ordered.

Thanks for Your help
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hello, week is going well. It has gotten hot here the last couple days. It will be hot the rest of the week. Highs around 92. It is pretty but to hot for me.

How is your weather?

Hi Kathie
    I am not happy that the weather forecast for the upcoming week is showing a few days in the 80s, I would not be happy with 92 degrees.

I hope it cools of where You are.
    Roger

Good morning. I finally got here early for a change. Working today but its Saturday so that's a good thing.

Have a good day.

Hi Kathie
    I was curious if You have tried the NS items ? I have tried some of the Limited time Dinners now that my delivery has arrived, The Chipotle Beef and Broccoli Bowl was hotter than I like, I have not tried the Artichoke & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast and I have high hopes that it is good since I took a chance and ordered four of them, the Roasted Chicken Pomodoro must have been added after I ordered and I would have loved to try it, I suspect that it will be gone by the time I do my next order, I need to go do a three month delay today. I can always move it closer if needed. I do use some items from the freezer section to add variety hence the three month delay.

As an example the lower sugar oatmeal from Quaker oats is tasty and cheaper than the NS oatmeal. I buy Blueberry Waffles and Blueberry Pancakes at the Dollar Tree, 3 meals for a dollar :smiley:
    I also have too many Non refrigerated lunches in the cabinet that I need to use up.

Enjoy You next two days off from work
    Roger
    Hi Roger. thanks, so glad its my weekend!
    Yes I get the NS food. I just switched to lunch and snacks. I used to have UY plan with the frozen foods too. I delay my shipment every three months too. I had some things go bad before because I was either flexing or not eating right so I switched to less foods for awhile.
    I like a lot of the frozen foods. Never tried any of the foods you mentioned. I like the frozen pizzas and the frozen chicken parmsion(sp) I like the breakfast muffins and bars and the lunch bars and shelf stable lunch's.
    Hi Kathie
    I think the correct spelling is Parmesan, At least the Firefox browser spell checker does not flag that spelling :smiley:

What I have been doing pretty much since I got my basement freezer is store many of the Non refrigerated NS foods in it, They defrost and heat up as if they had never been frozen generally. I suspect certain things could be problematic doing that. OTOH I have done that with breakfast bars and pastries, Lunch bars and the dry foods and have not tried the pouches, I just put the Use by date on them with a marking pen so I can be sure to use them.

I am curious in what way the foods went bad, I do not recall any going bad even if past the use by date. I had a couple of the snack cakes that were moldy within their date. I suspect that they had bad oxygen absorber packets possibly or a bad seal on the package. I love the NS lunch melts more that I like the Hot Pockets or Lean Pockets from the Grocery Store FWIW.
    Did you guys know that the NS gift cards at Costco are on sale for 59.99 till 5/20

No I had missed that, I need to order the max they will let me order for use with my next upcoming order. Their last sale this year they had a limit of 5 cards where previously You could order more.

So Big Thank You for letting me know
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,451 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    We keep getting these credit card sized $100 wine voucher with free shipping offers in the packages of things my brother buys. As I see it it could be a good offer, You need to buy a case of wine at $160 and up to qualify. I Just do not know how to tell if it is a good offer ? The offer is from nakedwines.com.

I looked here https://us.nakedwines.com/hunt17111 and see plenty of pre selected cases. The Coupon says good for 6, 9, 12 or 15 bottles at $160 and up.
    This is all that I see for
    Sale Terms & Conditions

* $100 off select bundles, plus free ground shipping.

* Enter code at the top of the page and select one of the bundles to see the $100 discounted automatically in your cart, plus free shipping.

* Other items from nakedwinery.com are not included in promotion. One coupon code per order, per bundle.

* Free Shipping does not apply to HI or AK. Offer may not be combined with any other discount or offer.

The terms do not look to onerous from what I can see, Your opinion ? We do have a wine rack in the living room that has a couple of items in it. That it would be nice to add too.
    If I could impose on You to give me some feedback taking into consideration that I have a bit of a sweet tooth :blush:

FWIW if any of You here wanted to try, I have two different ones that came in packages from things my brother ordered.

Thanks for Your help
    Roger

Based on your preference for sweet, I see only one package that sounds like a guaranteed winner for you, and it's the Sweet Tooth 6-Pack. You would presumably not be getting the "Angel" pricing so this would be a little over $112. Now, if they would let you buy TWO of them, that would put you well over the $160, so that you could get the $100 off. If they would allow that, you would be paying about $10.50 per bottle. That's not a bad price, but you could probably do better. And it's not at all clear that you could apply the coupon to an order containing two of their "bundles" as it seems to be limited to one order, one bundle.

I don't see any bundle there that costs more than $160 that sounds like a clear winner for you, and most (well, maybe not one that's all white and/or rosé) would contain some lovely DRY reds that I would probably like, but you may not care for.

Honestly, I think you would probably do better elsewhere, and may even be better off just buying locally. If you talk to the people at a local wine store (or even a grocery store sommelier if you can buy wine at the grocery) and describe what you are wanting, they should be able to point you toward some good wines. Again, watch the price ranges as they may try to sell you something that costs more than you want to spend.

Another thing to consider is how long the wine will sit before you open it and drink it. Many modern wines, particularly American wines, are meant to be consumed while young, though some can be aged for a good number of years and may improve with age. There is a risk, if buying wine that will sit for a LONG time, that the wine will not be good when you open it, so buying a large quantity you may lose some to attrition before you get a chance to drink them.

I'm not 100% sure where I get the idea, but I think that maybe dry wines age better than sweet wines, so there again you might not want to buy a whole lot of sweet wines at once if you aren't giving them as gifts or drinking them relatively soon.

If you don't drink wine often, then you may be better off keeping only a few bottles on hand at any given time, and buy only to replace what is consumed. If the wine club or seller says it will age well, then you take less of a risk there (unless they are just lying to sell their product) so take all claims toward that with at least a small grain of salt.

I have some wines, even American, that aren't even released until they have already been aged at least 5 or 10 years, and the claim is that they can be cellared (kept in a relatively cool, dry storage area, properly racked, to keep the cork moist) for years more and will only improve. There is always still a chance that the wine may turn and might not even be worth making salad dressing with, once opened, when it has been cellared for a very long time. Having said that, I have some that were already over 5 years old when released and I've cellared some for longer myself.

But most of my wine is consumed (or gifted) within a few years of purchase. So a 2014 vintage might still be in my rack but if there's one much older than that, I've probably got some sort of assurance from the seller that it will age well. I think I might still have a bottle or two going back to 2005. Those are my "treasure" wines. They weren't released until they were already aged 10 years and the presumption is that they can age somewhat longer and just get better. Within reason of course. I would not want to try one that was dug up and had aged 100 years. Well, maybe. Depends on how it looks and smells when decanted. LOL.

My bottom line on that is...you don't need to spend a lot on a bottle of wine to get what you like, so don't let anyone oversell an expensive wine. Most people can't tell the difference between a "fine" wine and a "decent" wine and some can't even tell the difference between a decent wine and stuff I wouldn't drink on a bet.

Try inexpensive wines first, and then move up to midrange (for your budget anyway) and drink what you like. Don't be afraid to try new wines but don't spend a lot on an untried wine that you may not like either. I've had $6.99 bottles that I liked better than a $52.00 bottle. The $52.00 bottle was good, but frankly not $52.00 worth of good. At least not to me.

So...spend what you can afford, keep the amount on hand that you won't waste, and drink what tastes good to you!

The Naked Wines deals may be good for some people, especially those who want to be the "Angels" and like to drink a variety of types, keeping quite a few bottles on hand, but their prices are a bit steep for my wallet compared to my existing wine club.

I do keep a variety, and quite a few bottles, but I drink a decent amount of wine and also gift some to my friends. J likes sweet but I don't, and J doesn't drink much wine, so there isn't a lot of sweet wine in our house.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 75 with an expected high of 92 and no chance of precipitation.

We were out from about 12:15 yesterday afternoon until 11:15 last night. I managed to make it through but I can tell you with not enough sleep the night before and no nap, I was really feeling kind of ragged by then and it wasn't long until I hit the bed. We did have a nice Thai dinner while out, after the party, with a friend. We brought a lot of old computers home from which we hope to extract a lot of her old data and photos and such.

The cats were glad to see us. Running the dishwasher now, I've eaten, and the cats have eaten, and I'm ready for another mug of tea.

Never did get those whites and towels folded yesterday. Guess maybe I'll get to that today.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    We may be pronouncing some foods wrong. Oh, the horror! The horror may be that it takes them seven and a half minutes to cover just ten mispronounced foods...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1lL1ps73ug

• parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Always nice at a back yard barbecue. Three bean salad recipe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytk6OEiQGIA
  • parityanimal
    Options
    h8lbtwxje4gg.png
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Hi Roger, Ed, Kathie.
    I fell into the internet black hole today. Will do better tomorrow....(evening). Appt. tomorrow a.m.

I want to go back and watch the Emmy video's. I like them. Grapefruit steak hummmmm.

Later...

Oh, happy to say I had a good Mothers Day...on Saturday...and the smarts to pick up that watermelon at Aldi's....90+ here today, and after being outside cold watermelon was really tasty!.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    h6fLDQ.jpg

SigEX7.jpg

WBw78u.jpg

3Rcs9v.jpg

qZajTs.jpg

sgt9mI.jpg

uZ8QHX.gif

sk1589.gif
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I'm back from walking no cents. The temperature this morning was 53 degrees the same as yesterday and the walking was OK. At some point overnight rain had been falling and everything was soaked as the rain was ending when I left the house.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pompeo-us-help-north-korea-economy-gives-nukes-192520733.html
    Pompeo: US hopes to have NKorea as 'close partner' not enemy

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-elon-musk-tunnel-20180510-story.html
    Elon Musk unveils video of his first underground L.A. tunnel, predicts rides within months

https://www.statesman.com/news/inside-the-austin-bomber-life-questions-friends-faith-sexuality/kZIoDc0kf7RhDCtWClnIbL/
    Inside the Austin bomber’s life: Questions of friends, faith, sexuality

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-mother-killing-20180511-story.html
    Man who beat mother to death with hammer took at least 80 Benadryl pills before killing, defense says

https://cheddar.com/videos/facebook-plans-to-create-its-own-cryptocurrency
    Facebook Plans to Create Its Own Cryptocurrency

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Snipped
    Based on your preference for sweet, I see only one package that sounds like a guaranteed winner for you, and it's the Sweet Tooth 6-Pack. You would presumably not be getting the "Angel" pricing so this would be a little over $112. Now, if they would let you buy TWO of them, that would put you well over the $160, so that you could get the $100 off. If they would allow that, you would be paying about $10.50 per bottle. That's not a bad price, but you could probably do better. And it's not at all clear that you could apply the coupon to an order containing two of their "bundles" as it seems to be limited to one order, one bundle.

I don't see any bundle there that costs more than $160 that sounds like a clear winner for you, and most (well, maybe not one that's all white and/or rosé) would contain some lovely DRY reds that I would probably like, but you may not care for.

Honestly, I think you would probably do better elsewhere, and may even be better off just buying locally. If you talk to the people at a local wine store (or even a grocery store sommelier if you can buy wine at the grocery) and describe what you are wanting, they should be able to point you toward some good wines. Again, watch the price ranges as they may try to sell you something that costs more than you want to spend.

Another thing to consider is how long the wine will sit before you open it and drink it. Many modern wines, particularly American wines, are meant to be consumed while young, though some can be aged for a good number of years and may improve with age. There is a risk, if buying wine that will sit for a LONG time, that the wine will not be good when you open it, so buying a large quantity you may lose some to attrition before you get a chance to drink them.

I'm not 100% sure where I get the idea, but I think that maybe dry wines age better than sweet wines, so there again you might not want to buy a whole lot of sweet wines at once if you aren't giving them as gifts or drinking them relatively soon.

If you don't drink wine often, then you may be better off keeping only a few bottles on hand at any given time, and buy only to replace what is consumed. If the wine club or seller says it will age well, then you take less of a risk there (unless they are just lying to sell their product) so take all claims toward that with at least a small grain of salt.

I have some wines, even American, that aren't even released until they have already been aged at least 5 or 10 years, and the claim is that they can be cellared (kept in a relatively cool, dry storage area, properly racked, to keep the cork moist) for years more and will only improve. There is always still a chance that the wine may turn and might not even be worth making salad dressing with, once opened, when it has been cellared for a very long time. Having said that, I have some that were already over 5 years old when released and I've cellared some for longer myself.

But most of my wine is consumed (or gifted) within a few years of purchase. So a 2014 vintage might still be in my rack but if there's one much older than that, I've probably got some sort of assurance from the seller that it will age well. I think I might still have a bottle or two going back to 2005. Those are my "treasure" wines. They weren't released until they were already aged 10 years and the presumption is that they can age somewhat longer and just get better. Within reason of course. I would not want to try one that was dug up and had aged 100 years. Well, maybe. Depends on how it looks and smells when decanted. LOL.

My bottom line on that is...you don't need to spend a lot on a bottle of wine to get what you like, so don't let anyone oversell an expensive wine. Most people can't tell the difference between a "fine" wine and a "decent" wine and some can't even tell the difference between a decent wine and stuff I wouldn't drink on a bet.

Try inexpensive wines first, and then move up to midrange (for your budget anyway) and drink what you like. Don't be afraid to try new wines but don't spend a lot on an untried wine that you may not like either. I've had $6.99 bottles that I liked better than a $52.00 bottle. The $52.00 bottle was good, but frankly not $52.00 worth of good. At least not to me.

So...spend what you can afford, keep the amount on hand that you won't waste, and drink what tastes good to you!

The Naked Wines deals may be good for some people, especially those who want to be the "Angels" and like to drink a variety of types, keeping quite a few bottles on hand, but their prices are a bit steep for my wallet compared to my existing wine club.

I do keep a variety, and quite a few bottles, but I drink a decent amount of wine and also gift some to my friends. J likes sweet but I don't, and J doesn't drink much wine, so there isn't a lot of sweet wine in our house.
    Hi Ed
    Thank You for that clear concise reasoning. It helps clarify things in my mind. I have a suspicion that the reason that sweet wines do not age as well as dry wines could be the presence of sugars allow yeast to ferment them to vinegar faster.
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 75 with an expected high of 92 and no chance of precipitation.

We were out from about 12:15 yesterday afternoon until 11:15 last night. I managed to make it through but I can tell you with not enough sleep the night before and no nap, I was really feeling kind of ragged by then and it wasn't long until I hit the bed. We did have a nice Thai dinner while out, after the party, with a friend. We brought a lot of old computers home from which we hope to extract a lot of her old data and photos and such.

The cats were glad to see us. Running the dishwasher now, I've eaten, and the cats have eaten, and I'm ready for another mug of tea.

Never did get those whites and towels folded yesterday. Guess maybe I'll get to that today.
    Not the best looking day yesterday or today. Sundays high was all of the mid fifties. Today it is supposed to be in the 70s and Tuesdays high is forecast in the 80s then back colder Wednesday. It would appear that the temperatures for this week have been attached to a Yo Yo :smile:

Good Luck saving off data, how well that works depends on the condition of the hard drives. I used to do that at work. Quite often it was due to a bad drive or a dead computer. In that case Special Software and hardware was helpful. If the drive was good then the easiest was a inexpensive device that allowed a hard drive to be hooked up to another computer via USB. For example this one if all You have is a USB 2 port
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/SATA-PATA-IDE-Drive-to-USB-2-0-Adapter-Converter-Cable-for-2-5-3-5-Inch-Hard-Drive-5-inch-Optical-Drive-with-External-AC-Power-Adapter/706363896?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=4473&adid=22222222227147481895&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=256531970280&wl4=pla-476561081487&wl5=9003510&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113537598&wl11=online&wl12=706363896&wl13=&veh=sem
    SATA/PATA/IDE Drive to USB 2.0 Adapter Converter Cable for 2.5 / 3.5 Inch Hard Drive / 5 inch Optical Drive with External AC Power Adapter
    Or You can find USB3 one also, as always read the reviews.

About the only thing that will not hook up is a few specialty types of drives, example the ones used in the early iPods.
    We may be pronouncing some foods wrong. Oh, the horror! The horror may be that it takes them seven and a half minutes to cover just ten mispronounced foods...
    If I said I do not care if I am mispronouncing them as long as whoever I am talking to understands what food I am saying :wink:

I am not spending money on counter clutter to clean silverware...

I like the picture too

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Roger, Ed, Kathie.
    I fell into the internet black hole today. Will do better tomorrow....(evening). Appt. tomorrow a.m.

I want to go back and watch the Emmy video's. I like them. Grapefruit steak hummmmm.

Later...

Oh, happy to say I had a good Mothers Day...on Saturday...and the smarts to pick up that watermelon at Aldi's....90+ here today, and after being outside cold watermelon was really tasty!.

Hi Kathie

Hi Valerie
    I more or less fell into the same black void looking at swamp cartoons Sunday, Thus I understand exactly how that can happen.

And the nice thing is that Watermelon is not too bad for a person compared to some foods :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Need to hit the shower soonly! Got the kitchen managed. Need to feed Tom, and grab a bite for me too after my shower. I hate morning appointments.

Watermelon is actually pretty good for you, nice phytochemicals, low cal. etc. And I LIKE it! :)
    But only when its really good and hot outside.

Kathie, hope you're having a good weekend!

its 67 degrees now heading for anothe 90+ day...then...back to the upper 70's and low 80's. and weather app is showing lightening bolts coming out of the clouds tomorrow thru next Monday. I seriously doubt it will mean much....afternoon heat storms. Though we really could use some rain at least a couple of those days.

Ok, I'm off...will try to get to Emmy, and a couple articles later today. Roger I was not surprised by the article saying frozen foods are selling better. Soon I may not be the only shopper in the frozen food isles. ? !! maybe???

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Need to hit the shower soonly! Got the kitchen managed. Need to feed Tom, and grab a bite for me too after my shower. I hate morning appointments.

Watermelon is actually pretty good for you, nice phytochemicals, low cal. etc. And I LIKE it! :)
    But only when its really good and hot outside.

Kathie, hope you're having a good weekend!

its 67 degrees now heading for another 90+ day...then...back to the upper 70's and low 80's. and weather app is showing lightening bolts coming out of the clouds tomorrow thru next Monday. I seriously doubt it will mean much....afternoon heat storms. Though we really could use some rain at least a couple of those days.

Ok, I'm off...will try to get to Emmy, and a couple articles later today. Roger I was not surprised by the article saying frozen foods are selling better. Soon I may not be the only shopper in the frozen food isles. ? !! maybe???

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Hopefully Your weather stays good. 70s and 80s sounds more like it should be too.

I like the Frozen vegetables TBH. I also believe that they are fresher than the ones in the produce aisles. They are processed and frozen real close to when they are harvested and do not spend time being distributed :smiley:

And now that there are healthier meals available too. I can also see how a single person would buy them. That is why I buy them.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 71 now with an expected high of 92 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Might get out to the store. Might not. Nothing critical needed but it would be a good day for it.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up and feed the cats.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...