Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    edited October 2018
    Let's see how Mr. Wolfe likes this one! Frankly, I haven't been impressed with any of the Boston Market frozen meals I tried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGt4-vxQt9c
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    GOod Morning!...I started reading an hour ago...lots to look at! Not quite finished, but the rest will be company while eating later.
    Couple ;quick thoughts..ROger/Ed...for your list of things stuck in your brains...LOL Ghee, will keep nearly forever. Once the whey, milk solids and water is removed you're left with really tasty oil, as Ed alluded to...from what I can see 'recommended' 8 years refrigerated...and forever in the freezer...pass the salt.

You really have to watch Costco and prices. Sometimes a package of paper towels, if on sale are cheaper than Costco...same for Kroger. Are veggies cheaper at Aldi's...not sure, but they do have a better variety of frozen veg's. than Costco.

And, lastly... Silicon Spatula's with removable handles are preferred by some folks, so that the wooden handles aren't exposed to the harsher soap and higher temp of drying in the dishwasher. I have both...and they all go in the dishwasher, handles and all. The handles still are fine...no splinters, or signs of 'wear'... so I think it becomes a matter of how (here comes a 60's word) ...a matter of how 'prissy' you may be in the kitchen. LOL!!!

Ok, today, visit Dr. Pham about results of x-ray...return the face plates to Walmart..(you know times are bad when CHINA skimps on plastic)...and I need to contact ARC about my insurance electives...need to cancel one...forgot to do that last fall and it cost me a bit over $500 for the year. Calling today!

Right now, I have all sorts of household things calling my name...

Later
  • parityanimal
    Well I did make it to the store today. J was nearly out of Mt. Dew so I had to get that. Got some other things while there, of course. Some of it was actually on the list, and some was just stuff I remembered when I saw it, as being something we liked and hadn't purchased in a while.

This trip was the maiden voyage on the newly fixed up van, which I picked up TODAY after Lyfting to the dealership. Seemed to run fine. I went from the dealership to Ingles and then home to bake a very thin and crispy cheese pizza for our lunch.

• parityanimal
    Dinner tonight was Korean delivery from a nearby restaurant. J loved the crispy tofu and rice bowl and the crispy tofu and noodle bowl that I selected.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member

mryk9Z.jpg

izZWgW.gif

5FN5aQ.jpg

HfIu4m.gif

nN7qxH.gif

wrK7Vp.gif

OhXMnk.jpg

1vAJrZ.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 54 degrees and more or less comfortable. There was a light rain falling that continued until I was nearly home.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/stoned-driver-crash-risk-grows-as-legal-pot-spreads-in-the-u-s#gs.YOPc5jc
    Stoned Driver Crash Risk Grows As Legal Pot Spreads In The U.S.
    After retail sales of recreational cannabis began, the frequency of collision insurance claims in Colorado, Nevada, Oregon and Washington State rose about 6 percent higher than in nearby states where marijuana is still illegal, the IIHS said in the study

https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article220239985.html
    You could get $6,000 a year under this California senator’s new plan

https://www.wdsu.com/article/simply-not-flushable-thousands-of-pounds-of-wipes-clog-sewer-system/23887405
    'Simply not flushable': Thousands of pounds of wipes clog sewer system

https://www.9news.com/article/news/health/colorado-facebook-groups-organize-play-dates-to-intentionally-share-chickenpox/73-604677522
    Colorado Facebook groups organize play dates to intentionally share chickenpox
    Before the chickenpox vaccine was introduced more than 20 years ago, parents regularly exposed their kids to the virus to build an immunity. Today, some parents refuse to vaccinate their children fearing very rare side effects.
    https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/As-NASA-s-prized-telescopes-falter-astronomers-13316847.php
    As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 51 with an expected high of 74 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to get out to a store for a few things today. And, of course, need to feed the cats, clean yesterday's cat bowls, etc.
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Just curious what You use the Ghee for. It is somewhat different from what a local eatery does where they brush melted butter on to the toast.
    I use ghee the way most people use butter or oil. I do also use peanut oil for some of my frying but for general purpose frying, like this morning's eggs, I use ghee. It has a much higher flash point than butter, but not quite as high as peanut oil, at least I don't think its flash point is as high as peanut oil but could be wrong.

It adds a better flavor to my fried eggs, french toast sorts of things, fried potatoes, etc, when I make them. I doubt I'd try to use it for fried chicken as it is more expensive than using just about any type of vegetable oil, including peanut oil, and I'm not sure if I could get it quite THAT hot.
    Hi Ed
    In the past I have used Wesgold a buttery flavor oil to fry foods, it added a really nice taste and I suspect it is a lot cheaper than Ghee :smiley: I have seen it used in the past on the top of Biscuits to give a butter taste.
    Breakfast this morning, incidentally, was bacon, eggs, and toast. TWO slices of 35 calorie toast. Made a nice breakfast but still with only one carb serving.
    I'm surprised You bought the Paper Towels at Aldis, I buy my paper goods at CostCo in case size lots. Milk I buy in quarts at the Dollar Tree as $1 for a quart is a good price and I can keep it on the shelf until time to put it in the refrigerator to be chilled for use.
    Aldi has paper towels in a number of packing formats, from two-packs to 25-packs. I am less than thrilled with the quality of the paper towels in their 25-pack, which I did try once, as it was just a tad cheaper per sheet than the next size down. I usually buy the 12-pack of LARGE rolls, which supposedly equals 20 regular rolls. I forget how many rolls the 25-pack is supposed to be equal to, but since I didn't really like them, don't feel a need to find that out again.
    OK, That sounds like a nice breakfast, Am I misunderstanding You that the 35 calorie toast is that low a Carb item.

I buy my paper goods at CostCo for the convenience as well as a decent product, I like the Charmin TP, The Kirkland Paper Towels, and the 10 pack of Kleenex.
    It sounds like the run time is one of the trade offs for being low cost. Just curious since You say it looks like a Kitchen Aid clone if it can use genuine Kitchen Aid attachments ?
    We do use a Kitchen Aid that my brother bough years ago and also use a meat grinding attachment.
    I think their cloning is limited to general appearance, and would not attempt to use another brand's attachments. I do think that it did quite well on the cake the other night. The cake that we are still, of course, eating. Slowly. I finished off the shepherd's pie yesterday for lunch.

I have not been able to find spatulas that are all one piece as they all seem to have removable handles.

I am slightly surprised that the cake mix did not taste funny from age.

Roger

Remember the shelf life time for most packaged items. The cake mix had been in there for quite a while, but less than a year, and was still good until sometime next year. Hooray for chemicals?

Came out just fine and we've been enjoying it.
    As far the Cake mix even a hand mixer should be able to handle that. IMO a year is not that long for a dry food, depending on the ingredients.
    I also already have my Thanksgiving dessert. I found Aldi was selling packages with four small slices of pumpkin cheesecake, in their frozen stuff, so bought one of those and that will take care of dessert. I bought stuffing mix quite some time ago (thanks, chemicals!) that is good until some time next year, when it was on sale so all I really need is some kind of turkey (which may be a pre-baked, sliced or not, boneless breast chunk, or may be a partially de-boned breast or COULD (but not likely) be a small, whole bird. I think I'm feeling kind of lazy about Thanksgiving this year, so tending toward easy peasy, and kind of light, on the food. If J is here for Thanksgiving, I will, of course, be adding potato salad and deviled eggs to the menu but if he's not, then I don't need a lot. Not even sure if I'll add any ham this year, and if I do it may go the same way as the turkey, with just a small chunk of some kind, preferably not very processed but just cut off the bone.

Turkey and stuffing/dressing are my two major Thanksgiving foods. If I have those, I'm good, though some kind of dessert, either pumpkin or pecan, or both, separately or combined into a single dessert, is always nice too. :)
    I think I would prefer Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie and or Cherry Pie rather than Cheese cake.
    We tend to use whatever Stuffing Mix is on sale as the base for our stuffing, My brother tends to also use either Chicken/turkey Broth or boils the Giblets and uses that instead.

If it were just me I would likely buy one of the roasted 1/2 Turkey breasts from the Shoprite. Since my brother is involved and he only eats the Dark meat We will be taking advantage of the free turkey we should earn and for free the largest we can get :smiley: Naturally also Mashed Potatoes, a Relish Tray etc. Likely Home made beer bread too.
    Baked Potato Puffs
    Interesting, They do look tasty.
    Let's see how Mr. Wolfe likes this one! Frankly, I haven't been impressed with any of the Boston Market frozen meals I tried.
    Boston Market Chicken Parmesan Frozen Dinner is something I might try, I do like the NS version despite the Chicken being a Shaped formed patty.
    Irish People Try American Vegetable Snacks
    The Only vegetable snacks I eat are fresh vegetables such as Lettuce, Celery, Carrots etc.
    Well I did make it to the store today. J was nearly out of Mt. Dew so I had to get that. Got some other things while there, of course. Some of it was actually on the list, and some was just stuff I remembered when I saw it, as being something we liked and hadn't purchased in a while.

This trip was the maiden voyage on the newly fixed up van, which I picked up TODAY after Lyfting to the dealership. Seemed to run fine. I went from the dealership to Ingles and then home to bake a very thin and crispy cheese pizza for our lunch.
    When my brother goes to the grocery store he takes a list and then walks every aisle looking to see if he missed anything.

Congratulations on a successful repair, it also sounds expensive ?

I love a Thin Crust Crispy Pizza too. OTOH sometimes I like a Think crust Pizza, it just does not like me.
    Dinner tonight was Korean delivery from a nearby restaurant. J loved the crispy tofu and rice bowl and the crispy tofu and noodle bowl that I selected.
    I really should look to see if there is a Korean restaurant closer than where the company I worked for in my last job held their Christmas party and even then the two different ones they used were Japanese Korean eateries.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

P.S as always, Thank You for the interesting looking videos
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!...I started reading an hour ago...lots to look at! Not quite finished, but the rest will be company while eating later.
    Couple ;quick thoughts..Roger/Ed...for your list of things stuck in your brains...LOL Ghee, will keep nearly forever. Once the whey, milk solids and water is removed you're left with really tasty oil, as Ed alluded to...from what I can see 'recommended' 8 years refrigerated...and forever in the freezer...pass the salt.

You really have to watch Costco and prices. Sometimes a package of paper towels, if on sale are cheaper than Costco...same for Kroger. Are veggies cheaper at Aldi's...not sure, but they do have a better variety of frozen veg's. than Costco.
    Hi Valerie
    I would have thought that Ghee would be fairly easy to make. When I looked I did see these How to make Ghee Recipes.
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/239954/simple-ghee/
    and
    https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/ghee-recipe-2103328

Sometimes One stop shopping beats saving a few cents, Since I buy the paper goods when I am in CostCo for other items that I do know are cheaper at CostCo.

I agree that the Frozen vegetables could have a better selection at CostCo, OTOH I do love their frozen Green beans. What I do is wait for a sale at the ShopRite on their house brand frozen vegetables and buy a variety of types.
    And, lastly... Silicon Spatula's with removable handles are preferred by some folks, so that the wooden handles aren't exposed to the harsher soap and higher temp of drying in the dishwasher. I have both...and they all go in the dishwasher, handles and all. The handles still are fine...no splinters, or signs of 'wear'... so I think it becomes a matter of how (here comes a 60's word) ...a matter of how 'prissy' you may be in the kitchen. LOL!!!

Ok, today, visit Dr. Pham about results of x-ray...return the face plates to Walmart..(you know times are bad when CHINA skimps on plastic)...and I need to contact ARC about my insurance electives...need to cancel one...forgot to do that last fall and it cost me a bit over $500 for the year. Calling today!

Right now, I have all sorts of household things calling my name...

Later
    I would like to get one piece spatulas since I suspect that the place where the handles go could become hard to clean.

ARC ? I'm sorry that You spent a extra $500 :(

Lets be honest, Chinese products are usually made as cheap as possible.
    Example, I bought this item to use in the creamic pumpkin
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OMUZ1S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pumpkin LED Candle Light - Colors may vary.

When I opened the package I found a little piece of metal rattling around inside the light. A few moments of thought and I realized that it was used to connect two of the batteries and placing where it looked like it belonged and the light worked. Easier than doing a exchange IMO.

Good Luck with the doctor visit
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 63 with an expected high of 66 and 70% chance of rain. Blech!

We do have an orchid auction (with potluck lunch) to attend today. Well, at least J promised to attend but I didn't so could opt to just be a hermit and stay home and dry. If I make anything it will be a fiesta hash brown casserole but I don't HAVE to make anything to go. I'd just feel kind of weird if I didn't though. It takes about an hour and a half to make so I have time to decide .

And, of course, I need to feed me, and the cats, and clean up yesterday's cat bowls.

Hi Ed
    In the past I have used Wesgold a buttery flavor oil to fry foods, it added a really nice taste and I suspect it is a lot cheaper than Ghee :smiley: I have seen it used in the past on the top of Biscuits to give a butter taste.

I have, in the past, used a buttery flavor fry oil for popcorn and it was good. It probably is less expensive than ghee, but ghee is simple butter fat. No chemicals, and while I COULD make my own ghee, it's possible that making my own might be nearly as expensive as buying it at Aldi, and quite a bit more trouble than just buying it.

OK, That sounds like a nice breakfast, Am I misunderstanding You that the 35 calorie toast is that low a Carb item.

The 35 calorie toast is indeed a low carb, high fiber item. Two slices is about one carb serving. This allows me to have a sandwich (or two slices of toast) without blowing the carbs.

To be fair, it makes a fairly small sandwich, but still a whole sandwich. With so many of the regular breads, one slice is a whole carb serving, or more, so a sandwich provides at least two carbs just in the bread, but half a sandwich never feels like enough to eat.

I think I would prefer Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie and or Cherry Pie rather than Cheese cake.
    We tend to use whatever Stuffing Mix is on sale as the base for our stuffing, My brother tends to also use either Chicken/turkey Broth or boils the Giblets and uses that instead.

I generally use chicken broth to make the stuffing but this year I did pick up a carton of turkey broth for that. If there is more than I need (doubtful) then any remainder will be added to the gravy. I may even need to supplement with chicken broth.

I did buy a chunk of sliced turkey and a small chunk of sliced ham. Both are in the freezer now, with a bag of frozen, French cut green beans (not for casserole, just for a green vegetable side dish) and some green peas if I decide to go with that instead of green beans. I think I want the beans as a lower carb side, since the stuffing and cheesecake are plenty of carbs, though the green peas would add some fiber...

Indeed. All told, $1,744.38 for the repairs at the dealer. Almost as much as I paid for my first car!

But I drove the van for a LONG time letting the condition get worse and worse, so there was no way the repair shop could miss it. LOL. I'm surprised (and thankful) it was so drivable with a shorting out alternator and that the high and low voltages didn't apparently destroy anything else.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2018
    AARP informs me, via email, that scam calls are increasing. I already KNEW that. Most calls we get nowadays are scam calls, mostly using "neighborhood spoofing" to try to increase the likelihood of getting an answer. Doesn't work, as I don't answer if I don't know the number.

The exception was when the Chrysler dealer called about my car. I somehow, instinctively knew that that local number was a real call and answered them the first time they called, then added it to my contacts for future calls. But then, that call was to my cell phone (in the 901 area code, since I never changed my number after moving) and most of the neighborhood spoofed 678 (and other Atlanta area code) calls come to the house phone, which is a 678 number.

But...my Google Voice number (which also comes to my cell phone) is in the 678 area code so I could get neighborhood spoofed 678 (or other Atlanta area code) calls that don't come to the house phone. Still, I somehow knew that I should answer that first call from the Chrysler dealer. Maybe I'm psychic, but then I should have won the lottery big so I guess not.

I think Google may be screening for known spammers or something, or protecting their Google Voice numbers some other way, as I don't get a lot of 678 calls to it but do get a lot of 901 calls to my cell phone, which don't get answered, since I don't recognize the numbers. My block list just keeps getting longer and longer!

https://www.aarp.org/money/scams-fraud/info-2018/scammer-calls-increasing.html
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Saturday morning...10-20-18
    (Only adding dates, so if I want to go back and look for something its easier to find)
    These 'local scammers' must think we get phone numbers like we get house/lot numbers...frustrating. AND unanswered! I have a 404 prefix...and after I chose that one, there have been two additional exchanges added, so guessing the 404 is full to capacity! (and some days I think I get most of them!! LOL!) Have gotten 2 this morning..from Laredo TX...and considering time zones, that makes sense, as they didn't start until after 11:00 EDT.

Roger, thanks for the recipe's for making Ghee. Years, decades even ago, when I first encountered ghee as an ingredient, I learned how to, and did make my own ghee. Takes time and some effort, but its good!..However since I don't do dairy anymore......no ghee. :) or :(....just depends!

Ed...car repairs are right up there with drug prices. I read an article someplace..no idea where, and the listed the prices for about half dozen of the drugs that you see so cheerfully advertised on TV, etc...you know, the ones that a good ⅓ of the add is adverse reactions and they talk really fast in that part>> I mean stuff like Humaira, runs about from 1-6 THOUSAND DOLLARS a MONTH....holy *kitten*! I mean, who can pay for that month after month? I'm sure if you have the right insurance, if you get some kind of 'assistance' from the drug company, etc....my luck?? If I took it, while I was bankrupting my savings, I'd get ALL of those contradictions!!!! Hurts my head to think about it!
    SO, in a word, very glad you were able to get the van fixed!
    I haven't watched your videos yet today, but I spied a pumpkin over flowing with melted cheese!!! Made my mouth water, and my tummy growl..LOL! Its that addictive darn ole cheese...which is why pizza pictures and TV adverts just kill me...
    That said, my scale blessed me this morning with a full pound loss. I liked that! Wish it would happen more often!, but even if it doesn't, I will gladly take it.

Sure looks, feels and smells like rain. So far I haven't actually seen anything wet though. Better today than tomorrow. Its cool enough that a rainy Lacrosse game does not sound like fun at all. Could be a 'missed game' on my part.

Heading to the kitchen to do some general cleaning, and roast some veg.'s, and put up the rest of the purchased outlet tap upgrades. Put one on last night...I LOVE it...has two bright LED's that are really really green, one showing it has power, the other indicates surge protection...and against that white background you'd never have a problem finding the outlet..and it does light up the area, so much nicer than that dark amber, which was supposed to go off during the day...and it did not. Not even at 10 a.m. with all the kitchen lights on. I had to shine a flashlight on it to make it go off....no, no, nope!!

I think now that its afternoon, I need to get myself to the kitchen!

Later dudes...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Oh, did anyone become a Billionaire last night? My lottery web site is not giving out results...I'm guessing its overwhelmed today. I have a ticket,. and one for tonites Powerball, just incase I failed to get the right ticket for Mega 'Billion' :)
  • GardenKatGardens
    I should add When I made my own Ghee, I was living in an area that didn't even know what a bagel was...let alone oil from India! I also at that residence made for the boys bagels, big fat hand tossed pretzels, and fried rice. There were no Chinese restaurant, nor Mexican, (later one of the chain type Mexican, which we did eat at!) Heck, my MIL taught me how to make chirizo..also not found in the area.... I used to make some of these 'foreign' foods and would see neighbors congregating...and I'd go out with a platter of some uncommon food. Everybody loved it until one night...I went out with a big steaming platter of breaded and fried....they all wanted some, I have no Idea what they thought it might be...I knew that night not to ask...so the guessing began, fried clams, etc. You should have heard the outrage when it told them it was Octopus!!! LOL!!! :) yep, I'm bad...
  • RogerToo
    3hOx6X.gif

HVimbx.gif

m7VaiU.gif

8ik3iH.gif

q5hDmG.gif

m6XriZ.gif

6QKcNj.jpg

qjWJ0c.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 48 degrees and comfortable.

Poor Dog
    http://www.lifebuzz.com/loggers/13/?p=1&a=17&utm_source=yahoo&utm_campaign=LFB-US-DKT-YAH-OpenTree_a9810_CRV&utm_content=34466652046&utm_medium=NEWS_US|c&utm_term=9721232572
    Loggers Can’t Believe What They Find In Middle Of A Tree.
    The question remained, how did the dog wind up inside the trunk of this tree?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/18/ford-boosts-production-of-400000-gt-supercar-to-keep-up-with-demand.html
    Ford boosts production of its $400,000 GT supercar as demand outpaces supply six-to-one

https://www.foxnews.com/science/spotted-lanternfly-invading-virginia-and-pennsylvania-could-be-most-destructive-species-in-150-years
    Insects invading Virginia and Pennsylvania could be 'most destructive species in 150 years'

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/612256/want-to-know-when-youre-going-to-die/
    Want to know when you’re going to die?
    Your life span is written in your DNA, and we’re learning to read the code.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/19/health/study-not-exercising-worse-than-smoking/index.html
    Not exercising worse for your health than smoking, diabetes and heart disease, study reveals

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 63 with an expected high of 66 and 70% chance of rain. Blech!

We do have an orchid auction (with potluck lunch) to attend today. Well, at least J promised to attend but I didn't so could opt to just be a hermit and stay home and dry. If I make anything it will be a fiesta hash brown casserole but I don't HAVE to make anything to go. I'd just feel kind of weird if I didn't though. It takes about an hour and a half to make so I have time to decide .

And, of course, I need to feed me, and the cats, and clean up yesterday's cat bowls.

Hi Ed
    I have, in the past, used a buttery flavor fry oil for popcorn and it was good. It probably is less expensive than ghee, but ghee is simple butter fat. No chemicals, and while I COULD make my own ghee, it's possible that making my own might be nearly as expensive as buying it at Aldi, and quite a bit more trouble than just buying it.

Hello Ed
    Rain :(
    I suspect it was also better tasting than the stuff they pass off as butter for Movie Popcorn.

OTOH making Your own could be cheaper if You buy the butter on sale ? It depends on the yield.
    The 35 calorie toast is indeed a low carb, high fiber item. Two slices is about one carb serving. This allows me to have a sandwich (or two slices of toast) without blowing the carbs.

To be fair, it makes a fairly small sandwich, but still a whole sandwich. With so many of the regular breads, one slice is a whole carb serving, or more, so a sandwich provides at least two carbs just in the bread, but half a sandwich never feels like enough to eat.

The 40 calorie slices I use are regular size slices, The slices are higher carb than what You get at Aldis, OTOH the Italian Bread version slices are large enough that I sometimes use one slice cut in half :) I find that the sandwich made that way with plenty of lean meat is filling enough.

My Brother also makes gravy using the juices that cook out of the Turkey while cooking. Very tasty over the mashed potatoes and also spooned over the Stuffing.
    I generally use chicken broth to make the stuffing but this year I did pick up a carton of turkey broth for that. If there is more than I need (doubtful) then any remainder will be added to the gravy. I may even need to supplement with chicken broth.

I did buy a chunk of sliced turkey and a small chunk of sliced ham. Both are in the freezer now, with a bag of frozen, French cut green beans (not for casserole, just for a green vegetable side dish) and some green peas if I decide to go with that instead of green beans. I think I want the beans as a lower carb side, since the stuffing and cheesecake are plenty of carbs, though the green peas would add some fiber...

Indeed. All told, $1,744.38 for the repairs at the dealer. Almost as much as I paid for my first car!

But I drove the van for a LONG time letting the condition get worse and worse, so there was no way the repair shop could miss it. LOL. I'm surprised (and thankful) it was so drivable with a shorting out alternator and that the high and low voltages didn't apparently destroy anything else.
    How Do You feel using the canned broths vs the larger cartons ?
    The green beans should also add plenty of fiber. IMO more than the Peas :wink:

For the really lazy the ShopRite also sells complete cooked Turkey or Ham meals.

Videos, hmm...
    Delicious Potato Recipes Part 2
    Those look really tasty :smiley:
    That Video will be the first one I watch.

Pumpkin Chili Cheese Dip
    I will likely pass on that as the only Pumpkin flavored foods I like ate Pumpkin bread and Pumpkin Pie.

The Power of Cauliflower | Struggle Meals
    Hmm...
    AARP informs me, via email, that scam calls are increasing. I already KNEW that. Most calls we get nowadays are scam calls, mostly using "neighborhood spoofing" to try to increase the likelihood of getting an answer. Doesn't work, as I don't answer if I don't know the number.

The exception was when the Chrysler dealer called about my car. I somehow, instinctively knew that that local number was a real call and answered them the first time they called, then added it to my contacts for future calls. But then, that call was to my cell phone (in the 901 area code, since I never changed my number after moving) and most of the neighborhood spoofed 678 (and other Atlanta area code) calls come to the house phone, which is a 678 number.

But...my Google Voice number (which also comes to my cell phone) is in the 678 area code so I could get neighborhood spoofed 678 (or other Atlanta area code) calls that don't come to the house phone. Still, I somehow knew that I should answer that first call from the Chrysler dealer. Maybe I'm psychic, but then I should have won the lottery big so I guess not.

I think Google may be screening for known spammers or something, or protecting their Google Voice numbers some other way, as I don't get a lot of 678 calls to it but do get a lot of 901 calls to my cell phone, which don't get answered, since I don't recognize the numbers. My block list just keeps getting longer and longer!

https://www.aarp.org/money/scams-fraud/info-2018/scammer-calls-increasing.html
    I do not recall getting emails from AARP even though I am a member. That is the same reason we do not answer calls that do not show a name from our contacts. Every now and then I also answer a Phone Call from a unknown number if I am expecting a call.

Lately I have not been getting more than one Scam call every day or two, Is Verizon Filtering them or is the never answering working, I do not know. What I do know is they should all choke on their food and die. As far as I can tell our Flip phones do not support a block list and I am not sure they would help as the calling numbers change every day.

Have a Good Day
    Roger