Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 58 with an expected high of 78 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned and feed the cats. I also still need to get to the laundry. Maybe I actually will get to that today. Maybe not...

RogerToo wrote: »
    Intake Valve, The Only Intake Valves that I know of are in the Cylinder head(s) and they are covered. If the gasket on that cover leaks oil it generally runs down onto the exhaust and burns off there.
    I do not blame You for not wanting to spend another $600+. From what they are saying it sounds as if what they are saying is that the oil gets into the Alternator and gets between the brushes and the rings they rub against. Were You having to add oil ?

I hadn't been having to add oil, but had noticed that it was apparently leaking small amounts between oil changes, but since I had been keeping fairly well up with those (every three months or so) the oil light wasn't coming on.

• parityanimal
    Speaking of cars and such, here's someone who had slightly bigger problems with the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWeLhpmnyy0
  • parityanimal
    We haven't seen the Irish people try anything for quite some time. They now have their first Krispy Kreme in Ireland so let's see how they like the doughnuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRL8W1w_gag
  • parityanimal
    Interesting variation on Shepherd's Pie. I would never have thought of putting egg yolks in with the mashed potatoes, and I generally put the peas and diced carrots in the filling, rather than just shredded carrots. I also omit the chicken broth. Sometimes I use wine and sometimes not. I have half a bottle left from last night's dinner and I'm pretty sure I have some ground lamb in the freezer. Hmmmmm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ9xp-Q0Vqg
  • parityanimal
    Another video on making cheese. I like cheese. Apparently you need happy cows. I hope there are happy trees in the pastures where the happy cows graze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxm8jTzU_8o
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    mq5rLj.jpg

FQg5W1.jpg

Ok58vT.gif

Hjeews.jpg

kyXTKM.jpg

jxJxfN.jpg

eMpG4l.gif

LEW9U1.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 54 degrees and comfortable due to the low temperature. Due to the forecast I wore full rain gear and did not need it :(, there was only a light drizzle.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/12/thousands-line-up-for-zero-down-payment-subprime-mortgages.html
    Thousands line up for zero-down-payment, subprime mortgages

https://weather.com/news/news/2018-10-12-north-dakota-17-inches-snowstorm
    Over 17 Inches of Snow Fell in North Dakota and It's Only October
    “It's kind of unbelievable that this happened in October,” Andrew Moore, an NWS-Grand Forks meteorologist, told the Grand Forks Herald.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 58 with an expected high of 78 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned and feed the cats. I also still need to get to the laundry. Maybe I actually will get to that today. Maybe not...
    Intake Valve, The Only Intake Valves that I know of are in the Cylinder head(s) and they are covered. If the gasket on that cover leaks oil it generally runs down onto the exhaust and burns off there.
    I do not blame You for not wanting to spend another $600+. From what they are saying it sounds as if what they are saying is that the oil gets into the Alternator and gets between the brushes and the rings they rub against. Were You having to add oil ?
    I hadn't been having to add oil, but had noticed that it was apparently leaking small amounts between oil changes, but since I had been keeping fairly well up with those (every three months or so) the oil light wasn't coming on.
    Hi Ed
    Good Luck getting the chores done.

FWIW IMO by the time the oil light comes on some damage has already been done when driving at highway speeds or while getting up to speed in town. That light comes on at a fairly low pressure. However I also do keep a can of oil in the trunk just in case so if I should start leaking I do not have to drive somewhere with the low oil pressure light on to get some oil and do more damage.

I would have expected the oil change place to mention if the oil level was low and that You had a leak, Nothing from them ? I know our local repair place that does all servicing needed would mention it, they also check belts hoses and brake linings as well as the Air filter.
    Speaking of cars and such, here's someone who had slightly bigger problems with the car.
    Ah, Isaac Sidney Better known as "Sid" Caesar and Imogene Coca :smiley:
    We haven't seen the Irish people try anything for quite some time. They now have their first Krispy Kreme in Ireland so let's see how they like the doughnuts.
    Evidently they liked them enough to get into a long line for the overnight drive thru
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/10/05/the-first-krispy-kreme-opened-in-ireland-to-such-a-frenzy-youd-think-theyd-never-seen-a-doughnut/?noredirect=on
    The first Krispy Kreme opened in Ireland to such a frenzy you’d think they’d never seen a doughnut.
    It looked like closing time at the county fair or the week before Christmas at the mall: cars just sitting there, bumper to bumper, waiting their turn to inch along.

Dozens of vehicles lined up and down the aisles of the parking lot, honking as if every single driver in front of them was staring at their cellphone while stopped at a green light. It sounded like the traffic jam of the century.

But, in fact, it was the Krispy Kreme drive-through at 1:30 a.m. in Dublin — the first to open in the country.

Interesting variation on Shepherd's Pie. I would never have thought of putting egg yolks in with the mashed potatoes, and I generally put the peas and diced carrots in the filling, rather than just shredded carrots. I also omit the chicken broth. Sometimes I use wine and sometimes not. I have half a bottle left from last night's dinner and I'm pretty sure I have some ground lamb in the freezer. Hmmmmm.
    TBH I would likely have put the peas into the Potatoes, and I would use Frozen Peas, not those pale imitation canned peas. Shredded or diced small Fresh carrots into the Potatoes too. I've never heard of using an egg in it. I would also use Ground Beef, Not Lamb not being a lamb eater. The wildest thing I ever ate was Roast Tongue in a Raisin Sauce at a friends house.
    Another video on making cheese. I like cheese. Apparently you need happy cows. I hope there are happy trees in the pastures where the happy cows graze.
    I love cheese of most types, It is addictive however if bought in a chunk, before I know it the whole chunk has vanished :blush:

As always the videos await to be watched in a few minutes.

Thanks
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    havb86elmx81.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 60 with an expected high of 82 and 10% chance of precipitation.

Got the whites and towels washed yesterday, but they haven't been folded yet. Still in the dryer. But it's a start! LOL!

Need to feed the cats and get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. And maybe get the laundry folded. And maybe do the other part of the laundry. Lot of maybes.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Talk about a cheeseburger! The WHOLE burger that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieRuoEMnb4A
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    5 recipes to get over a breakup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwplXMh24QE
  • parityanimal
    Another try at watermelon "steak" but in a sandwich this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze10pEKtGXo
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2018

I would have expected the oil change place to mention if the oil level was low and that You had a leak, Nothing from them ? I know our local repair place that does all servicing needed would mention it, they also check belts hoses and brake linings as well as the Air filter.

Well, it was mentioned once, that the oil was "a little low" before the oil change, but not as if it was low enough to be a problem... But in subsequent oil changes, there was no mention. The issue with the dinging, etc, had been going on a LONG time...

TBH I would likely have put the peas into the Potatoes, and I would use Frozen Peas, not those pale imitation canned peas. Shredded or diced small Fresh carrots into the Potatoes too. I've never heard of using an egg in it. I would also use Ground Beef, Not Lamb not being a lamb eater. The wildest thing I ever ate was Roast Tongue in a Raisin Sauce at a friends house.

I generally use frozen vegetables of all sorts, preferring them to canned. Fresh is even better, when you can get it, but I'm not shelling green peas, thank you.

My shepherd's pie uses frozen peas and carrots. Kroger makes them and they are just like what you remember from childhood. Little, pea sized, carrot dice with the peas.

As a child I loved canned, small green peas, and still find them acceptable on occasion, and my mother home canned green beans. As an adult, I prefer frozen but do find canned acceptable for green beans and for corn. Most other vegetables are rather awful canned, other than the various other beans, of course, and even then I'd just as soon have dried, soaked beans rather than canned, but the canned beans are SO convenient and the taste and texture are fine from a can, usually.

In a pinch I will eat greens from a can but it has to be a pretty good pinch. Green are SO MUCH BETTER made from fresh or even frozen.

Canned potatoes and canned carrots are almost abominations and should have been listed in Leviticus as such.

Oddly, despite canned meats often being almost unrecognizable as meat, I really like some of them. Spam, and other similar products, canned ham (think Dak and other similar canned hams, of various sizes), canned corned beef or even corned beef hash, canned tuna, chicken, and ham chunks. And of course the more appalling canned goods such as dried beef, Vienna sausages, potted meat, deviled ham, etc.

I am not crazy about canned chicken spread, but have found that canned, shredded pork is surprisingly decent, and have even eaten canned, sliced, roast beef with gravy and found it to be OK in a pinch. Wouldn't want the pork or beef on a regular basis but wouldn't turn my nose up either if someone gave me either one to eat.

And, of course, canned chili, stew, or soup can be quite nice and very convenient. Sometimes it needs a lot of help though.
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2018
    Breakfast this morning was savoury French toasted grilled cheese, with bacon on the side.

This is made by making regular French toast, with no cinnamon or sugar in the egg/milk mixture and none on the toast, though I suppose a little cinnamon alone wouldn't hurt, and, after flipping to the second side of each piece, lay cheese on top and then turn it into a sandwich with a final flip of one piece, when the second side is done.

No extra butter, or syrup on these, just a little salt and pepper. I used the 35 calorie per slice, high fiber, low carb, whole wheat bread for this.

The bacon was made in the microwave. :)

It was a very satisfying and filling breakfast.
  • parityanimal
    Saw this somewhere and had to steal it. I burst out laughing! I don't know if my actual mother in law has ever read that book or not.

6fw6hjreo8ou.png
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2018
    Tonight's shepherd's pie. Ground lamb, onion, garlic, peas and carrots, salt and spices, rosemary, tomato paste, red wine, and topped with several potatoes boiled and mashed with butter and milk.

I had to open a new bottle of wine for this, and I'm finishing it off now while watching yesterday's Dr. Who.

bsao96urb9qx.png