Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    6PHByu.jpg

VPN2Ph.jpg

wJMaGn.jpg

TNBf8A.jpg

vaMKcA.jpg

C3hVaM.jpg

lRCQek.jpg

rIV3tg.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 51 degrees and comfortable due to the low temperature.

While I was out I saw one deer leaving a side street on the outbound and then on the homeward leg I saw four more heading back to where they spend the daytime. To many deer around, We need to come up with a way to fence off the driveway that is easily moved out of the way.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/14/ted-wheeler-portland-mayor-stands-decision-allow-a/
    Portland mayor stands by decision to allow antifa to block traffic, hassle motorists
    At one point, the activists chased down 74-year-old Kent Houser after he made a right turn against their wishes, pounding on his silver Lexus and breaking a window. The car sustained thousands of dollars in damage, he told the Oregonian.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/storm-left-wide-swath-florida-communications-dead-zone-205215918.html
    Storm left wide swath of Florida a communications dead zone

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/10/12/35-state-attorney-generals-tell-fcc-to-pull-the-plug-on-robocalls/?utm_source=Naked+Security+-+Sophos+List&utm_campaign=3bfae69909-Naked+Security+daily+news+email&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_31623bb782-3bfae69909-418502465
    35 state attorneys general tell FCC to pull the plug on robocalls.
    Last year, the FCC released the 2017 Call Blocking Order, which included rules allowing providers to block spoofed calls – as in, calls that pretend to come from consumers’ phones or, even more sneaky, from neighbors’ phones, with area codes that mirror their targets’ area codes. The order allowed providers to block calls from numbers on do-not-originate lists and from numbers that are invalid, unallocated, or unused.
    But despite the Call Blocking Order, the robocall problem is only getting worse.

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/10/12/what-kanye-west-can-teach-us-about-passcodes/
    What Kanye West can teach us about passcodes

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 60 with an expected high of 82 and 10% chance of precipitation.

Got the whites and towels washed yesterday, but they haven't been folded yet. Still in the dryer. But it's a start! LOL!

Need to feed the cats and get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. And maybe get the laundry folded. And maybe do the other part of the laundry. Lot of maybes.
    Hi Ed
    Are You planning to run the dryer for a couple of minutes to warm up the Whites and Towels ?

Good Luck getting the rest of the laundry done.
    Talk about a cheeseburger! The WHOLE burger that is.
    It looks like it was formed, breaded and deep fried, I'll know better once I watch the videos You have posted.
    Not looking like it is worth it, $180, Bah.
    4 sweet potato breakfasts.
    Not that interesting to me :smiley:
    5 recipes to get over a breakup.
    As if a food can make up for a loss.
    Another try at watermelon "steak" but in a sandwich this time.
    That actually looks like a rare steak.
    RogerToo wrote: »

I would have expected the oil change place to mention if the oil level was low and that You had a leak, Nothing from them ? I know our local repair place that does all servicing needed would mention it, they also check belts hoses and brake linings as well as the Air filter.

Well, it was mentioned once, that the oil was "a little low" before the oil change, but not as if it was low enough to be a problem... But in subsequent oil changes, there was no mention. The issue with the dinging, etc, had been going on a LONG time...
    TBH I would likely have put the peas into the Potatoes, and I would use Frozen Peas, not those pale imitation canned peas. Shredded or diced small Fresh carrots into the Potatoes too. I've never heard of using an egg in it. I would also use Ground Beef, Not Lamb not being a lamb eater. The wildest thing I ever ate was Roast Tongue in a Raisin Sauce at a friends house.
    I generally use frozen vegetables of all sorts, preferring them to canned. Fresh is even better, when you can get it, but I'm not shelling green peas, thank you.

My shepherd's pie uses frozen peas and carrots. Kroger makes them and they are just like what you remember from childhood. Little, pea sized, carrot dice with the peas.

As a child I loved canned, small green peas, and still find them acceptable on occasion, and my mother home canned green beans. As an adult, I prefer frozen but do find canned acceptable for green beans and for corn. Most other vegetables are rather awful canned, other than the various other beans, of course, and even then I'd just as soon have dried, soaked beans rather than canned, but the canned beans are SO convenient and the taste and texture are fine from a can, usually.
    Interesting, for some reason using a frozen mix of Peas and Carrots would not have occurred to me :(

It is a pain in the neck shelling Green Peas, and TBH I suspect that the frozen ones would be much closer to the field than what You get when You buy them at a Produce Store or Grocery Store.

My Grandparents Canned lots of Fruit and Vegetables from their garden and even made Ketchup.

If needed right away canned beans are the only real option.
    In a pinch I will eat greens from a can but it has to be a pretty good pinch. Green are SO MUCH BETTER made from fresh or even frozen.

Canned potatoes and canned carrots are almost abominations and should have been listed in Leviticus as such.
    I have had canned Collards and Mustard greens, They were OK and we got the cans for free so the price was right.
    My brother has been known to use canned Potatoes when they can be bought on sale :wink:
    Oddly, despite canned meats often being almost unrecognizable as meat, I really like some of them. Spam, and other similar products, canned ham (think Dak and other similar canned hams, of various sizes), canned corned beef or even corned beef hash, canned tuna, chicken, and ham chunks. And of course the more appalling canned goods such as dried beef, Vienna sausages, potted meat, deviled ham, etc.

I am not crazy about canned chicken spread, but have found that canned, shredded pork is surprisingly decent, and have even eaten canned, sliced, roast beef with gravy and found it to be OK in a pinch. Wouldn't want the pork or beef on a regular basis but wouldn't turn my nose up either if someone gave me either one to eat.

And, of course, canned chili, stew, or soup can be quite nice and very convenient. Sometimes it needs a lot of help though.
    I like Crispy fried Spam, Canned Ham is OK, Canned Corned Beef is so so. Not a fan of Canned Corned beef hash, My brother OTOH...

I do use the canned Chicken or Turkey Breast from CostCo to make a Chicken/Turkey Salad.

I think I prefer the Homemade Chili or the Chili from Wendy's.
    Breakfast this morning was savoury French toasted grilled cheese, with bacon on the side.

This is made by making regular French toast, with no cinnamon or sugar in the egg/milk mixture and none on the toast, though I suppose a little cinnamon alone wouldn't hurt, and, after flipping to the second side of each piece, lay cheese on top and then turn it into a sandwich with a final flip of one piece, when the second side is done.

No extra butter, or syrup on these, just a little salt and pepper. I used the 35 calorie per slice, high fiber, low carb, whole wheat bread for this.

The bacon was made in the microwave. :)

It was a very satisfying and filling breakfast.
    Bacon !
    I like Grilled Cheese with bacon on the inside. Have You though about baking the Bacon so it is ready to use ? I tend to buy the Pre Cooked and keep it in the freezer until I want to use it.

I have seen sandwiches like that on cooking shows. Low Calorie, Low Carb and High Fiber, Who makes that, the best I have seen around here is 40 calorie per slice and so so semi low carbs. I'm guessing that the Bacon was wrapped and not super crispy.
    Saw this somewhere and had to steal it. I burst out laughing! I don't know if my actual mother in law has ever read that book or not.
    Good One.
    Tonight's shepherd's pie. Ground lamb, onion, garlic, peas and carrots, salt and spices, rosemary, tomato paste, red wine, and topped with several potatoes boiled and mashed with butter and milk.

I had to open a new bottle of wine for this, and I'm finishing it off now while watching yesterday's Dr. Who.
    Nice looking Dish of food, I'm guessing that You plan to get several meals out of it.

I like the images, Thanks
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 66 with an expected high of 77 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Hi Ed
    Are You planning to run the dryer for a couple of minutes to warm up the Whites and Towels ?

Yes, I always give it a quick warm up before taking the laundry out to fold.

I do use the canned Chicken or Turkey Breast from CostCo to make a Chicken/Turkey Salad.

Bacon !
    I like Grilled Cheese with bacon on the inside. Have You though about baking the Bacon so it is ready to use ? I tend to buy the Pre Cooked and keep it in the freezer until I want to use it.

I have seen sandwiches like that on cooking shows. Low Calorie, Low Carb and High Fiber, Who makes that, the best I have seen around here is 40 calorie per slice and so so semi low carbs. I'm guessing that the Bacon was wrapped and not super crispy.

Nice looking Dish of food, I'm guessing that You plan to get several meals out of it.

I have used the canned chicken or turkey breast to make salad, or even to make a really quick soup. I definitely prefer home made chili, when I have time to make it but find canned chili, in general, to be quite acceptable.

I have, in the past, kept cooked bacon, ready to use, but really prefer it fresh. It doesn't take that long to microwave it so time isn't usually an issue, and of course I often buy the pre-cooked, ready to eat bacon too, though lately I haven't been buying that as it's a bit pricier and I haven't been to Costco recently. I really like their pre-cooked bacon and the price is not bad at all. Also, it's a bigger package and lasts quite a while!

My low carb, high fiber bread is from Aldi. I used to get a similar one from Kroger (Healthy Life Bread) but it started getting hard to find. Healthy Life Bread also has a 40 calorie one. I forget exactly what the other differences are on that one, maybe white wheat? I would sometimes buy the 40 calorie one when I couldn't get the 35 calorie one, but sometimes there just wasn't any Healthy Life bread at all. I liked it a little bit better than the Aldi Fit & Active bread, but the Aldi bread is just about as tasty to me and is actually a bit cheaper. It will do.

I have had one meal from the shepherd's pie and have three meals left in it.

Speaking of meals...I need to get breakfast for me! And feed the cats. And clean yesterday's cat bowls. And fold that laundry that is still in the dryer. And maybe get out to a grocery for a few items. LOL.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    I'm the bad guy....so behind. This foot thing is a pain...in the foot, and psychologically a pain in the butt.
    So, Good Morning!
    I need to go back and do at least 2 (or possibly more) days worth...but right now, I'm heading to the kitchen to do chores before the noon news happens. (listening to a pod cast while I'm at it...
    Went Chico shopping and just bought a bright red quilted jacket.... they (Chico's) opted to call it Rojo Red...which I think would translate to 'Red Red' Ha ha ha!!

Ok, I WILL get back here later...but first I have a batch of about 5 speakers to listen to, and a little cleaning wouldn't hurt either....Jack call today at 4p.m.....need a couple things from 'someplace', like Kroger, Publix, Audi's
    Yes, I have no banana's...

Later...
  • RogerToo
    G4Wyyc.jpg
    Halloween, simple dog costume

LJU8zN.jpg

Lghemy.png

RE4qPJ.jpg

wpUSm2.png

ZbE50f.jpg

wm6YLM.jpg
    Halloween, at the groomers

zzJCc5.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 41 degrees and comfortable due to the low temperature.
    I did see a couple of deer on my outbound leg.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45862560
    Mounir al-Motassadek: Germany releases 9/11 accomplice

https://www.bloombergquint.com/global-economics/top-3-of-u-s-taxpayers-paid-majority-of-income-taxes-in-2016#gs.f80Wfks
    Top 3% of U.S. Taxpayers Paid Majority of Income Taxes in 2016

https://www.yahoo.com/news/san-francisco-vote-taxing-rich-041808671.html
    Salesforce vs. Twitter in San Francisco homeless tax fight

http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/hospital/iowa-tide-pod-rampage-629430
    Iowa Man Trashes Hospital While Being Treated For Consuming A Tide Pod

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2018/oct/14/leonardo-da-vinci-mystery-why-is-his-450m-masterpiece-really-being-kept-under-wraps-salvator-mundi
    Leonardo da Vinci
    The Da Vinci mystery: why is his $450m masterpiece really being kept under wraps?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/new-york-retail-vacancy/572911/
    How Manhattan Became a Rich Ghost Town

New York’s empty storefronts are a dark omen for the future of cities.

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/Hyperalarming-study-shows-massive-insect-loss-13308742.php

'Hyperalarming' study shows massive insect loss
    https://taskandpurpose.com/tyndall-f-22-destroyed-hurricane-michael/
    The Decimation Of Tyndall Air Base’s F-22 Fleet Couldn’t Have Come At Worse Time

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 66 with an expected high of 77 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Hi Ed

Yes, I always give it a quick warm up before taking the laundry out to fold.

Bacon !

I have used the canned chicken or turkey breast to make salad, or even to make a really quick soup. I definitely prefer home made chili, when I have time to make it but find canned chili, in general, to be quite acceptable.

I have, in the past, kept cooked bacon, ready to use, but really prefer it fresh. It doesn't take that long to microwave it so time isn't usually an issue, and of course I often buy the pre-cooked, ready to eat bacon too, though lately I haven't been buying that as it's a bit pricier and I haven't been to Costco recently. I really like their pre-cooked bacon and the price is not bad at all. Also, it's a bigger package and lasts quite a while!

My low carb, high fiber bread is from Aldi. I used to get a similar one from Kroger (Healthy Life Bread) but it started getting hard to find. Healthy Life Bread also has a 40 calorie one. I forget exactly what the other differences are on that one, maybe white wheat? I would sometimes buy the 40 calorie one when I couldn't get the 35 calorie one, but sometimes there just wasn't any Healthy Life bread at all. I liked it a little bit better than the Aldi Fit & Active bread, but the Aldi bread is just about as tasty to me and is actually a bit cheaper. It will do.

I have had one meal from the shepherd's pie and have three meals left in it.

Speaking of meals...I need to get breakfast for me! And feed the cats. And clean yesterday's cat bowls. And fold that laundry that is still in the dryer. And maybe get out to a grocery for a few items. LOL.
    Hi Ed
    To avoid the extra wear and tear on the dryer I tend to be close enough to know when it has shut off and that is when I pull the dried clothes and fold them.

Interesting that You like the CostCo Pre Cooked Bacon when I tried it I found it to be so so, I had it in the past and it was OK then, either my Tastes have changed or the Bacon has changed.

There is a Aldi nearby, probably a 10 to 20 minute drive from here. Sooner of later I shall have to visit it. I just hate having to drive through a large industrial area to get to it.

[quote="parityanimal;c-42754446"
    [/quote]
    Is this a repeat of a previous link about the Granite Skillet or a different brand ?
    I'm not sure what this Pastry looking item is and will not know until I watch this later. Maybe some sort of Donut ?
    What the heck is that.

As always Thank You for the video links, as always I shall watch them later.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I'm the bad guy....so behind. This foot thing is a pain...in the foot, and psychologically a pain in the butt.
    So, Good Morning!
    I need to go back and do at least 2 (or possibly more) days worth...but right now, I'm heading to the kitchen to do chores before the noon news happens. (listening to a pod cast while I'm at it...
    Went Chico shopping and just bought a bright red quilted jacket.... they (Chico's) opted to call it Rojo Red...which I think would translate to 'Red Red' Ha ha ha!!

Ok, I WILL get back here later...but first I have a batch of about 5 speakers to listen to, and a little cleaning wouldn't hurt either....Jack call today at 4p.m.....need a couple things from 'someplace', like Kroger, Publix, Audi's
    Yes, I have no banana's...

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    How does being behind make You the bad guy. Still no diagnosis as to why the foot is paining You.

I stole :smiley: one of my brothers smallest bananas, The Smiley is since he always says help Yourself so I took him up on it. Why? because I had a smallish cramp in the leg the other day and I figured that with the banana and the Vitamin and Mineral supplements that should take care of it for a while.

Good Luck with the shopping
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 64 with an expected high of 73 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. Maybe do some more laundry. The whites and towels have been folded and put away.

And need to get breakfast for me and feed the cats.

Might get out to a grocery today. Might not.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    s2w7peb38qr0.png
  • parityanimal
    19 of the rarest foods on the planet!

https://passport.topix.com/slideshow/19934