Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Good Saturday morning...10-20-18
    (Only adding dates, so if I want to go back and look for something its easier to find)
    These 'local scammers' must think we get phone numbers like we get house/lot numbers...frustrating. AND unanswered! I have a 404 prefix...and after I chose that one, there have been two additional exchanges added, so guessing the 404 is full to capacity! (and some days I think I get most of them!! LOL!) Have gotten 2 this morning..from Laredo TX...and considering time zones, that makes sense, as they didn't start until after 11:00 EDT.

Roger, thanks for the recipe's for making Ghee. Years, decades even ago, when I first encountered ghee as an ingredient, I learned how to, and did make my own ghee. Takes time and some effort, but its good!..However since I don't do dairy anymore......no ghee. :) or :(....just depends!
    Hello Valerie
    Good idea putting the date at the top of Your post, I have been looking at the bottom to see when it is posted.

As I understand it they first set up the spoofed calling number then they let the autodialer loose and it calls every number in that area code or every number on a list of valid numbers that they bought.
    Ed...car repairs are right up there with drug prices. I read an article someplace..no idea where, and the listed the prices for about half dozen of the drugs that you see so cheerfully advertised on TV, etc...you know, the ones that a good ⅓ of the add is adverse reactions and they talk really fast in that part>> I mean stuff like Humaira, runs about from 1-6 THOUSAND DOLLARS a MONTH....holy *kitten*! I mean, who can pay for that month after month? I'm sure if you have the right insurance, if you get some kind of 'assistance' from the drug company, etc....my luck?? If I took it, while I was bankrupting my savings, I'd get ALL of those contradictions!!!! Hurts my head to think about it!
    SO, in a word, very glad you were able to get the van fixed!
    I haven't watched your videos yet today, but I spied a pumpkin over flowing with melted cheese!!! Made my mouth water, and my tummy growl..LOL! Its that addictive darn ole cheese...which is why pizza pictures and TV adverts just kill me...
    That said, my scale blessed me this morning with a full pound loss. I liked that! Wish it would happen more often!, but even if it doesn't, I will gladly take it.
    I have noticed that they talk really fast when they talk about adverse reactions, another reason to never ask for the advertised drug.

Interesting that the Pumpkin one interested You, I had the opposite view of it.
    We get so many Pizza commercials that it is hard not to have at least one per commercial break in the programming.

After Yesterday I was afraid to climb on board the scale, Pasta, Bah Humbug, so tasty and tempting :(
    Back to work on diet today.
    Sure looks, feels and smells like rain. So far I haven't actually seen anything wet though. Better today than tomorrow. Its cool enough that a rainy Lacrosse game does not sound like fun at all. Could be a 'missed game' on my part.

Heading to the kitchen to do some general cleaning, and roast some veg.'s, and put up the rest of the purchased outlet tap upgrades. Put one on last night...I LOVE it...has two bright LED's that are really really green, one showing it has power, the other indicates surge protection...and against that white background you'd never have a problem finding the outlet..and it does light up the area, so much nicer than that dark amber, which was supposed to go off during the day...and it did not. Not even at 10 a.m. with all the kitchen lights on. I had to shine a flashlight on it to make it go off....no, no, nope!!

I think now that its afternoon, I need to get myself to the kitchen!

Later dudes...
    We had some rain overnight, mainly right after midnight as things were drying out this morning.

No surprise that the amber was flaky, Congratulations on finding one that You like.
    Oh, did anyone become a Billionaire last night? My lottery web site is not giving out results...I'm guessing its overwhelmed today. I have a ticket,. and one for tonites Powerball, just incase I failed to get the right ticket for Mega 'Billion' :)

I show this as of this morning on the NJ website
    ESTIMATED JACKPOT*
    $ 1.6 Billion
    CASH OPTION $ 904.9 Million
    NEXT DRAW: TUESDAY 10/23/2018
    I should add When I made my own Ghee, I was living in an area that didn't even know what a bagel was...let alone oil from India! I also at that residence made for the boys bagels, big fat hand tossed pretzels, and fried rice. There were no Chinese restaurant, nor Mexican, (later one of the chain type Mexican, which we did eat at!) Heck, my MIL taught me how to make chirizo..also not found in the area.... I used to make some of these 'foreign' foods and would see neighbors congregating...and I'd go out with a platter of some uncommon food. Everybody loved it until one night...I went out with a big steaming platter of breaded and fried....they all wanted some, I have no Idea what they thought it might be...I knew that night not to ask...so the guessing began, fried clams, etc. You should have heard the outrage when it told them it was Octopus!!! LOL!!! :) yep, I'm bad...

What area was that backwards for foods. OTOH in many parts of the Country the only bagels they knew about were the frozen Lenders brand.

Soft Pretzels with Salt are a temptation for me, as are Pretzel Sticks etc.

If they liked the taste I fail to see why they would be outraged

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 43 with an expected high of 63 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls, feed the cats, and that's about all that's on the "for sure" agenda. I'd like to add a nap to that agenda but one never knows.

I won in the PowerBall last night! Well, only $8.00...but at least the ticket paid for itself.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    GOod Sunday Morning...10-21-18
    Quick before I lose the 'morning' part from the above.
    Have been up for awhile...reading, watching video's and other assorted little chores.
    List today looks like finally really going to wrap Ted's BD gifts...
    Watch a bit of the Wild Foods Summit. More on that later..
    Home Depot for white face plates....the old beige ones are not entirely covered...not good no matter how neat the green lit ones are its not quite the 'look' I want.
    Late afternoon LAX (Lacrosse) game for Nate...
    Publix for a new set of lottery tickets! Not giving up on HOPE!!!
    Ok, video's I need/want to watch...some researching on a Dyson Product. etc.
    Later...
  • RogerToo
    tMuMam.jpg

uWjecA.gif

W8YXBQ.jpg

sb15m8.gif

EwSoM4.jpg

o208rv.gif

UY5jh3.jpg

LEfc0Y.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 33 degrees and comfortable since I used the heated mittens for the first time this year.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/tourism/sd-fi-sandiego-booziest-cities-20181020-story.html
    San Diego is No. 1 on list of booziest cities in U.S.

http://www.history101.com/foo-fighters/?utm_source=talas&utm_campaign=MSN_SAFE_Ra_TS_H101_US_D_foo-fighters_v1_1510-WWII+Ghost+Bomber+Lands,+But+When+The+Plane+Is+Inspected,+Something+Mysterious+Happens-https://storage.googleapis.com/caw-uploads/f6a87de2-1c5b-4769-b627-05e796ed383d.jpg&utm_term=eternallifestyledr&utm_medium=MSN_SAFE_Ra_TS_H101_US_D_foo-fighters_v1_1510&utm_content=newnext
    The WWII ghost bomber that mysteriously landed itself

https://www.bloombergquint.com/pursuits/vancouver-is-drowning-in-chinese-money#gs.DWs3css
    The City That Had Too Much Money

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/10/19/spotted-lanternfly-christmas-trees/
    Invasive ‘Spotted Lanternfly’ Threatening This Year’s Christmas Tree Crop
    MENDHAM, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — It’s almost time to pick up the perfect Christmas tree for you and your family, but there’s concern about a new threat to this year’s crop.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/10/18/oldest-working-man-in-texas-turns-101-still-drinks-2-dr-peppers-a-day/
    Oldest ‘Working Man’ In Texas Turns 101, Still Drinks 2 Dr. Peppers A Day

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 43 with an expected high of 63 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls, feed the cats, and that's about all that's on the "for sure" agenda. I'd like to add a nap to that agenda but one never knows.

I won in the PowerBall last night! Well, only $8.00...but at least the ticket paid for itself.
    Hi Ed
    You are doing better than my brother and I with temperatures and winnings.
    Vegemite
    As I understand it Vegemite is an acquired taste used down under.
    Hillbilly Banana? How to open a PAWPAW & Taste Test
    First time I have seen a picture of one of these.

Good Luck in the upcoming drawings
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Sunday Morning...10-21-18
    Quick before I lose the 'morning' part from the above.
    Have been up for awhile...reading, watching video's and other assorted little chores.
    List today looks like finally really going to wrap Ted's BD gifts...
    Watch a bit of the Wild Foods Summit. More on that later..
    Home Depot for white face plates....the old beige ones are not entirely covered...not good no matter how neat the green lit ones are its not quite the 'look' I want.
    Late afternoon LAX (Lacrosse) game for Nate...
    Publix for a new set of lottery tickets! Not giving up on HOPE!!!
    Ok, video's I need/want to watch...some researching on a Dyson Product. etc.
    Later...
    Hi Valerie
    You sure did just make the morning part :smiley:

You seem to be having problems getting face plates You like, Good Luck at Homey's finding something You like.

When I see LAX the first thing that pops into my mind is Los Angeles International Airport not Lacrosse :wink:

Good Luck with winning My brother and I have two Mega and two power ball tickets each, Bought in two different locations, Could help, Can't hurt.

Just curious, what Dyson Product ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 39 with an expected high of 68 and 0% chance of precipitation. No snow yet for us! (Knock on wood and hope we don't have snow for Halloween OR Thanksgiving... or anywhere in between, come to that.)

Need to get some food into me, clean up yesterday's cat bowls and feed the cats. And take a nap. I don't think I need anything from the grocery or have any great need for any laundry today. Maybe a little light housework.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Another top ten foods that can kill you. Any food in excess could, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oL4yS2aEB4
  • parityanimal
    Interesting video but no one, I mean NO ONE, should be eating a pretzel this big by themselves. Bring along a few friends. 5 to 7 friends I think.

Don't have to take this one with a grain of salt, as the grains of salt should be on the pretzel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W79dYD6xoG0
  • parityanimal
    An electronic cupcake maker? Really? What ridiculous, unnecessary kitchen gadget will they come up with next?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXH-6inkLe4
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Monday Morning! 10.22.18
    It is downright chilly in my house this morning. Its 48 outside now, I don't know what the morning low was...I was asleep. It took an act of courage, and an insistent bladder to make me get out of my warm little bed this morning. Its going to take more courage than usual to get me into the shower! Brrrrr. 63 degrees in the house, and no need to bake or roast anything in the oven...:(
    I never left the house yesterday, so Home Depot for those face plates in white, larger size please...:) They sell both now @ Home Depot..The ⅜ difference is size is just enough to make a visible difference with the tile. BUT, still loving my tile!
    My poor little bro...left MO driving to Upper NY state to see the fall color...they went last year, and enjoyed the area so much they've gone back this year. He posted a pix yesterday...50-60 mph wind thru Ohio, and dumping snow once he got thru that wind. I hope that weather improves for him.

LAX...I know Roger, I think the same thing...its just the shorthand that shows up on my calendar that Jack sends about the games.... I didn't have to go to 'LAX' yesterday, as Nate had been at a sports weekend event, and it seems he signed up for and participated in ALL of the sports!! Jack said when he called to tell me that Nate was finally totally worn out! Jack said Nate himself said he just couldn't do a whole LaCrosse game! I'd say 'poor little guy', but I know he loved every minute of that weekend!!

Dyson..(do you ever google things you don't know/understand? LOL) Dyson is the company that makes my cordless sweeper, and they make blade-less fans that are really neat...Ted has one...and they blow nicely just like a box fan..its weird. I looked up the 'heat and cold' ones...too rich for my bank account, but sure wish I had one this morning!!!!
    Also, Ed posted 39 as the temp. Sooo, makes 48 seem reasonably balmy!!! No!

Oh, that pretzel!!! WOW! I made pretzels from scratch, as mentioned but never even thought of making one even half that size!! WOW! again!!!
    I scrolled thru the grilled sausage til I got to the actual grilled sausage, nearly the end...if the saturated fat didn't get you, grilling any 'meat' too much and it forms an amine that will kill you in time. That does not happen with grilled vegetables though, so I'm safe!!! I love grilled ears of corn...and other veggies so its good to know that I don't have to worry about blackening my food.

My hands are like ice...and my nose is cold as a puppies. I gotta get up and move! We'll see how the foot holds up. It seemed much less sore yesterday..so hoping today will allow me some 'walking' in reasonable comfort!

Need to hit the kitchen and wrangle some lunch...and feed Tom E. My coffee, whats left of it, is also cold as ice cubes...well, almost as cold.
    But first I want to see if I can move a pix or two onto this forum. ( face plates, and wall tabs..and GLOWING wall tab!) oooooooh

• GardenKatGardens
    Lets see if I can pull this off...Pix of the 'Wall Tap' in normal light....and then......whooooo, in the dark!!!!
    3bxkoxk1j2td.jpg

9aotgz7y9bhc.jpg

• parityanimal
    Well, tomorrow I get to make a quick trip to the post office. I ordered some underwear on Amazon, from a third party vendor, 2 packs of 5, in my size.

They sent 2 packs of 5, in the wrong style, in size 3XL/3XG. If they were white, I could use them to show movies!

So of course I requested a return and refund. So I have packaged it all up, and labeled it and get to drop it off tomorrow. Supposedly, I'll get my refund a couple of days after they receive the return. I made it clear in my request that I wanted a REFUND, not re-shipment of probably the wrong items again.

And I have ordered some from a different seller now. Hopefully, these will be the right style and size. Better price anyway. LOL.

• RogerToo
    L67ziN.gif

hC6t0q.gif

eJGyLM.gif

XWROt3.gif

xpqcG9.gif
    So True

KJkfPm.gif

4FSz4L.jpg

NfZBCo.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 43 degrees and comfortable since I used the heated mittens for the second time this year. I also saw one lone deer trotting down a side street.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/man-foiled-nazi-nuclear-plan-dies-aged-99-163410027.html
    Man who foiled Nazi nuclear plan dies aged 99

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2018/10/20/ships-wreck-dog-island-1899-unearthed-hurricane-michael/1697720002/
    Ships wrecked on Dog Island in 1899 unearthed by Hurricane Michael

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/10/17/weirdo-twitter-messages-were-a-glitch-not-a-hack/?utm_source=Naked+Security+-+Sophos+List&utm_campaign=3fe3f52e3a-Naked+Security+daily+news+email&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_31623bb782-3fe3f52e3a-418502465
    Weirdo Twitter messages were a glitch, not a hack

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/florida-and-texas-post-record-sept-sept-job-gains
    Florida and Texas Post Record Sept.-to-Sept. Job Gains; Ohio Has Largest Gain in 21 Years

https://www.scmp.com/native/tech/topics/premier-living/article/2169625/truth-about-robot-cats-and-dogs-can-they-replace
    The truth about robot cats and dogs: can they replace real pets?
    New realistic-looking AI devices ‘learn’ and grow smarter over time, act as therapeutic companions – and recharge their batteries themselves

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger