Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Roger...
    apology is needed for my morning rant. Early, 2 cups coffee, and a subject near and dear to my heart and brain.
    Yes, you are indeed entitled to your opinion....so sorry I hopped on my soap box.

Ed...glad to see you, and that you, J or one of the pride wasn't at a Doc's office! Enjoyed the video...This weekend will probably be my first to roast veggies in the oven. (but hardly the last). I think the soup or the Buddha will be on my table. Heading for the grocery shortly...and root veggies will top my list!
    I won't leave my healthy body to rely solely on my flu injection!

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Toaster quesadillas...somebody stole my recipe....I"ve done that for years. Much easier, though not quite as good. And no skillet to wash!! LOL!!

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    fXtubd.jpg

sm9UF0.jpg

B2X0YI.gif

S2diib.jpg

ZgCnMh.jpg

eWBinG.jpg

uBa5iz.jpg

mX6Nt9.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 67 degrees, humid, and Semi comfortable except for when the off and on drizzle was falling.

http://boredomtherapy.com/adorable-juniper-the-fox-pics-hc-bt/?as=2100016056123&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=adorable-juniper-the-fox-pics-hc-bt_bt_us_english_desktop_c2_t2_v20180815_l_2_rj_1_rl0906_boredom_therapy_-_wednesday&utm_term=34394684076&utm_content=NEWS_US&bdk=a2100016056123
    Family Takes In A Baby Fox Not Realizing What They’ve Gotten Themselves Into

https://www.naturalblaze.com/2018/10/5g-network-uses-same-emf-waves-as-pentagon-crowd-control-system.html
    5G Network Uses Same EMF Waves as Pentagon Crowd Control System

https://www.naturalblaze.com/2018/10/fda-turned-supplement-40000-drug.html
    FDA Turned Your $10 Supplement into a $40,000 Drug

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-pumpkin-race/paddle-your-own-pumpkin-german-racers-swap-boats-for-vegetables-idUSKCN1MD27P
    Paddle your own pumpkin: German racers swap boats for vegetables

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article219544575.html
    ‘Space junk?’ What is the ‘foamy’ mystery object that washed ashore on an SC beach?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-norway-deep-sea-minerals/deep-sea-robots-reveal-mineral-riches-in-the-abyss-idUSKCN1M01SUDeep sea robots reveal mineral riches in the abyss

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good busy? morning already!
    FB prompted me to walk, so I did. (No, I don't always..I have it set to prompt between the hours of 9a. and 10p...I actually walk about half of the time...it keeps track!!)
    And the phone rang, number I didn't know, so I ignored it. Then nosy me decided to look the number up, and it was the ATL office of my Hearing Aid people...so I called back. My fav guy who oversees the health of my ears is out sick today..so we rescheduled. Apologized to the lady, for not answering, and she happened to say she'd called Ted since I hadn't answered...oops! So I started a text to Ted, who was calling me on the phone...so we chatted, he didn't answer either, as again, it was not a known number and he said he's been getting some weird phone calls from people he doesn't know saying they are 'returning his call'..so right now he's a bit antsy about calls too!
    Meanwhile, I got back to Rogers post, and thoroughly enjoyed the joke about the Indian and the bar...sent it on to Ted. Ok, that brings us to now.
    I haven't watched the pupusas video yet...I also need to figure out how to pronounce it! LOL! Guess that will come with watching the video, right??? :)
    And also, thanks for checking on the expire date on your brothers pb! So, actually his is only roughly 6 months longer than mine... I'm also really enjoying the Teriyaki sauced noodles and veg's from Costco too. Roger, you need to 'slow down, just one day, and explore the new lines of foods that Costco is offering. Lots of Organic, at very reasonable prices, etc. :). I know, I know! just take a chill pill one morning, grit your teeth, and surprise yourself!!
    Hello Valerie
    The "I'm returning Your call" sounds like a total scam :)
    That is one reason I do not answer any number I do not know and then when I am on the computer I search the phone number in Google. You might want to put that number in Your phone with the name for the next time ?

I thought the Indian Joke was funny and true if not PC.

I could do that as I get there early anyway. Would those be in the refrigerated section with the closed cases or the open top counters or ??
    I promise to be kind....hopefully I've miss read your comment about confirming Kav. and the effect on the population. Will it affect me? Shouldn't, at least not directly...but it affects WOMEN, and we are 49% of the population. It will affect women of color, poor women, closer to home, my nieces, their children and my granddaughter. Kav. will vote along party lines, you know he will...if they shut down Planned Parenthood, and all the services they offer, (Over and ABOVE abortion) women will suffer, children will be born to poor to ever have a chance at a normal life. They will not have access to birth control, pap smears, etc. And, that 's just the beginning. There are the gay issues, which very well may suffer, and others that are just as important.....Yes, Kav. will have a profound effect on our country in many ways. And you might note, I'm not the only angry woman out there..................one of my former fellow co-workers from TN turned his FB page black. I did the same thing. Anyone who knows me will know why! :) LOL!!
    Ok, rant over..

I guess I really need to get on with this day...though there is no pressing reason to do so! Gotta love retirement!

Later...
    I hope You are wrong about what will happen with the court.

Turning the FB page black is interesting. What I was getting at is that no matter who or what nothing either party will have much long term effect. I could also be wrong. As far as the Supreme Court goes, they can not do anything unless a lawsuit gets to them. I am also not in favor of any of the different courts creating laws when that is a government job. In NJ the State Supreme Court over ruled the state governments rules and allowed things that were not allowed. Such as allowing a different person to be swapped in way past the deadline to replace a candidate that was losing.

So I am not in favor of any government activities beyond defense, Maintaining the Infrastructure. I wonder if that makes me a non political type, I have never had a warm and fuzzy feeling to where I chose a political party for my Voter affiliation. Color me :neutral:
    Ed, don't see your post. Hope you, J, and the cats are all well and nobody's at the Dr.s
    I suspect you're in the kitchen working on something delicious for dinner, hope you post it!! Your tastes are close to mine, (except for the meat and cheese).
    I haven't had breakfast yet...so I'll go attend to getting something together, and come back to read your post, and video's. Meanwhile, should you see a buffalo being dragged by a gun toting Indian....run! It could be Ted Turner's adopted brother and he's about to make a mess in the bar!!! :)
    Yup I'm a meat eater too, Yesterday I had a Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese Muffin sandwich that I discarded the muffins from as a mid afternoon snack.
    Roger...
    apology is needed for my morning rant. Early, 2 cups coffee, and a subject near and dear to my heart and brain.
    Yes, you are indeed entitled to your opinion....so sorry I hopped on my soap box.

Ed...glad to see you, and that you, J or one of the pride wasn't at a Doc's office! Enjoyed the video...This weekend will probably be my first to roast veggies in the oven. (but hardly the last). I think the soup or the Buddha will be on my table. Heading for the grocery shortly...and root veggies will top my list!
    I won't leave my healthy body to rely solely on my flu injection!

Later...
    What Rant and soapbox ? You are obviously more involved in things like that, I just am so tired of both of the mainstream parties sniping at each other that I am tuning out. It also makes me wonder if that is their hidden goal ?
    I try and avoid politics, obviously I did not succeed :blush:
    Toaster quesadillas...somebody stole my recipe....I"ve done that for years. Much easier, though not quite as good. And no skillet to wash!! LOL!!
    Interesting, no mess using the toaster or are You calling a toaster oven as the toaster, I did not get to watching that video yet.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 82 with an expected high of 83 and 40% chance of precipitation.

I've been up for hours but distracted by this and that and getting out to the store. Got back and heated up some jalapeño poppers for J's lunch and made a turkey on 35calorie/slice whole wheat bread sandwich for my lunch, with a small handful of potato chips. I don't eat potato chips often so that was nice.

Dinner may be a frozen pizza or Eduardo may pop up with some kind of weird idea. One never knows, do one?
    Hello Ed
    I love potato chips, they do not love me as they trigger me into overeating carbs.

The Turkey Sandwich sounds OK. Yesterday I had a Corned Beef sandwich on the Italian bread I have on hand, Rye would have been better however I use what is on hand. I used Thousand Island Salad Dressing as a Dip for the Sandwich, I went light on the 40 calorie bread and only used one slice folded in half :smiley:

Ah, I do have some NS Frozen Pizzas in the three flavors as well the two Shelf Stable NS Pizzas. Now all I need to do is decide which flavor I want to have.
    Toaster quesadillas.
    I shall be looking at this one later, especially since Valerie mentioned that is how she has done them that way for years.
    Wine infused pasta cooked in giant cheese wheel.
    Before I watch it, This dish sounds expensive :smile:
    Immunity boosting foods.
    Interesting,It has joined the other videos opened and paused in different tabs.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 71 with an expected high of 79 and 20% chance of precipitation. Maybe Autumn is finally arriving but I am not holding my breath on that.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up and feed the cats. Might not have a lot else on the agenda. Breakfast was two eggs, sunny side up, a slice of sourdough toast, buttered, and three thick cut slices of bacon.

I noticed on the bacon package that it wasn't just a 12 ounce package but was marked as "12 Ounces!" as if that were something to be excited about. I tried to get excited about it, but just couldn't manage.

In other food news, I want to know where to get the plant that these grew on. I don't care if it's a bush, tree, or vine, but I do wonder if they could manage to breed one that grows a whole pie, not just pie crusts. At least these crusts were ORGANICALLY GROWN.

lzv7r4vikvf8.png
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Halloween feet loaf. Looks like it would be...interesting for a Halloween dinner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdXAzTnEj4o
  • parityanimal
    Nicaraguan Vigorón and Tajadas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CohPdJeIfIw
  • parityanimal
    And...for dessert let's have classic rice pudding!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unR-MpB1l2k
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    Again overcast, but no rain scheduled until thunderstorms tomorrow and outright rain on Thursday, so says the 'Guessers' :)
    My street, and the main street thru the subdivision, still unpaved, and frankly a holy mess. Patches of fresh asphalt everywhere...its like they're going to play 'Connect the Dots' one day...
    I will make a quick trip to Publix today...forgot to get a couple sweet potatoes for my weekend 'roasting' !
    Oh, while it flits thru my brain...Roger asked how I did my toaster oven grilled cheese...ok, I split the pita, lay a slice of cheese on both sides...toast using a darker setting, and then when the toaster oven shuts off., slap the 2 sides together....cut into quarters, and you have the lazy man's (er, womans) quesadilla! Not very authentic, but quick, melty, no fuss no mess! Also can use bread...open face with slices of cheese, and grilled cheese without the extra fat. As good as buttered in the skillet kind...nope. but again....quick and easy at 2 a.m. and you NEED a grilled cheese or you just know you'll die before dawn if you don't eat...you've been there!!! LOLOLOLOL
    I never had bread pudding until about 10 years ago at a 'family' gathering, and I don't recall ever having rice pudding....but the Kheer that I will make for Ted's birthday is I think about the same as rice pudding...spices different, etc, and no butter or egg yolk, but the effect is same. The Kheer is made with the rice being cooked in whole milk, and sugar, cinnamon, cardamon, almond extract and the key ingredient, rose water!!!! Since Ted is vegetarian he can eat eat this...when I make for myself here...I don't use milk, but use cooked rice from the refrigerator, add my spices, and extracts, and a bit of almond milk...works for me!

Its time to move, says the fitbit....(FB) so, back later...
  • RogerToo
    Sf4DrC.jpg

PxYK5t.jpg

Gj4j7E.jpg

OkaWw0.jpg

Zz4AvA.jpg

bQjj6z.jpg

tsrP7s.jpg

rck91a.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 69 degrees and uncomfortable due to the humidity.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article182556501.html
    Mysterious Hatteras beach find is from a SpaceX rocket, officials confirm

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/10/07/hazmat-crews-investigate-sticky-substance-grapevine-church/
    Hazmat Crews Investigate ‘Sticky Substance’ Found On Money At Grapevine Church

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/10/08/dog-saved-from-texas-kill-shelter-runner-up-cutest-rescue-dog-contest/
    Dog Saved From Texas Kill Shelter Is Runner-Up In ‘Cutest Rescue Dog’ Contest

Moron
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/10/08/texas-police-find-nearly-25000-instolen-tequila-after-alleged-thief-advertises-social-media
    Texas police find nearly $25,000 in stolen tequila after man advertises on social media

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20181004/columbus-day-no-longer-holiday-for-namesake-ohio-city
    Columbus Day no longer a holiday for namesake Ohio city

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trouble-hubble-gyro-fails-space-telescope-162352644.html
    Trouble for Hubble: gyro fails on space telescope

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 71 with an expected high of 79 and 20% chance of precipitation. Maybe Autumn is finally arriving but I am not holding my breath on that.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up and feed the cats. Might not have a lot else on the agenda. Breakfast was two eggs, sunny side up, a slice of sourdough toast, buttered, and three thick cut slices of bacon.

I noticed on the bacon package that it wasn't just a 12 ounce package but was marked as "12 Ounces!" as if that were something to be excited about. I tried to get excited about it, but just couldn't manage.

In other food news, I want to know where to get the plant that these grew on. I don't care if it's a bush, tree, or vine, but I do wonder if they could manage to breed one that grows a whole pie, not just pie crusts. At least these crusts were ORGANICALLY GROWN.
    Hi Ed
    Yesterday it drizzled on and off until after noon. Then the Sun flirted with making an appearance and failed.

Another shrinking Pound of food :( I can not understand why that did not make You excited, after all You get to pay the same for less, Whee!

Organically grown flour ? Organic Fats ?
    Kids try Korean Barbecue.
    I have had Korean BBQ, where I worked in my last job that is where they held the Christmas Party.
    Halloween feet loaf. Looks like it would be...interesting for a Halloween dinner.
    Since You eat with Your eyes I think I will pass on that.
    Nicaraguan Vigorón and Tajadas
    One of them looks like fried Plantains and I see Chicharrones too.

And...for dessert let's have classic rice pudding!
    That looks just like the Rice Pudding they serve at the Diner as one of the desserts, Whipped Cream optional :smiley:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Again overcast, but no rain scheduled until thunderstorms tomorrow and outright rain on Thursday, so says the 'Guessers' :)
    My street, and the main street thru the subdivision, still unpaved, and frankly a holy mess. Patches of fresh asphalt everywhere...its like they're going to play 'Connect the Dots' one day...
    Hi Valerie
    I was wondering if You would get lot of rain from Michael, We are forecast to get some rain from the source Thursday afternoon into the night, Around a 1+ inch.
    I will make a quick trip to Publix today...forgot to get a couple sweet potatoes for my weekend 'roasting' !
    Oh, while it flits thru my brain...Roger asked how I did my toaster oven grilled cheese...ok, I split the pita, lay a slice of cheese on both sides...toast using a darker setting, and then when the toaster oven shuts off., slap the 2 sides together....cut into quarters, and you have the lazy man's (er, womans) quesadilla! Not very authentic, but quick, melty, no fuss no mess! Also can use bread...open face with slices of cheese, and grilled cheese without the extra fat. As good as buttered in the skillet kind...nope. but again....quick and easy at 2 a.m. and you NEED a grilled cheese or you just know you'll die before dawn if you don't eat...you've been there!!! LOLOLOLOL
    Actually what I was more curious was Toaster or Toaster Oven, I did lean towards a Toaster Oven to prevent clogging up the toaster. There was a possibility that You could be using Toaster bags in a regular Toaster as shown in the Video below the Link.
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B072FGB1ZK/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B072FGB1ZK&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=f52e26da-1287-4616-824b-efc564ff75a4&pf_rd_r=CS9T4N6CDHE3G9VT6PRB&pd_rd_wg=EJ7fF&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=WvsiF&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=a1617d1f-cc79-11e8-af0e-892466a53ea7
    3 Sizes 12 Pack Toaster Bags Reusable for Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Non Stick Toast Bag Made of Premium Quality Teflon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2KxiFL8XsA
    I never had bread pudding until about 10 years ago at a 'family' gathering, and I don't recall ever having rice pudding....but the Kheer that I will make for Ted's birthday is I think about the same as rice pudding...spices different, etc, and no butter or egg yolk, but the effect is same. The Kheer is made with the rice being cooked in whole milk, and sugar, cinnamon, cardamon, almond extract and the key ingredient, rose water!!!! Since Ted is vegetarian he can eat eat this...when I make for myself here...I don't use milk, but use cooked rice from the refrigerator, add my spices, and extracts, and a bit of almond milk...works for me!

Its time to move, says the fitbit....(FB) so, back later...
    You poor thing, late to eating Bread Pudding and No Rice Pudding, Rice Pudding topped with Whipped Cream is so good if a bit high in carbs.

Have You found a reasonable source for inexpensive food grade Rose Water, I keep looking for it for my brother but the price is way to high.

Darned nagging FitBit :wink:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. Its wonderful Wednesday. 73 with an expected high of 81 and 80% chance of PM thunderstorms.

Got my van dropped off at a dealership early this morning. Hopefully they will be able to finally fix the intermittent dinging and dash lights going nuts after having my local shop give up on that. My local shop DID get some other things fixed up that needed fixing and I'm pleased with the work they did. The engine sounds better than it has in a long time, especially after replacing the generator. The old one had a bad bearing.

My local garage was pretty sure that the Engine Control Unit needs to be replaced, as they looked at EVERYTHING else electrical, and determined that when the weirdness happens, the voltage is spiking to around 15. As the voltage is not regulated in/at the generator in this van, they said it IS regulated in the ECU but that they were not equipped to replace that unit, as it has to be programmed after replacement.

So, I think it's either the ECU or the van is just possessed. In any case, it will hopefully be exorcised well before Halloween. LOL.

Need to clean up the cat bowls and feed the cats. I have already got beans started in two slow cookers for tonight's dinner. The small one has some plain Great Northern beans for J, with just salt. The larger one has Great Northern beans, some extra spicy Mrs. Dash seasoning, some salt, some black pepper, and four thick slices of bacon that I cooked up fairly crispy and then cut up into bite size pieces.

That takes care of the first package (12 OUNCES!) of that bacon. I've liked it well enough with breakfast or in a club sandwich but notice that one end does seem to be a bit chewy. At any rate, later, if I feel like it, I may add some tomato sauce or paste to my pot, near the end of the cooking time, to make it into some nice bean and bacon soup, or I may just eat it as beans. Either way, some cornbread is definitely on the menu tonight to go with the beans. And for J I may make some fried potatoes as he's not too crazy about cornbread.

And I want a nap.
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Tuna roll that is actually watermelon, not tuna. You can tune a piano but you can't tune a roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAwuJ8s6cyQ
  • parityanimal
    Mr Wolfe tries a knock of McRib sandwich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THbZf--bpW4