Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I need to find something besides thrilling to describe Thursdays. Hmmmm. Must ponder that.

67 with an expected high of 90 and 0% chance of precipitation. Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up and feed the cats before the starve to death. Hah! I also should really try to get out to the grocery today. I'm not, per se, OUT of food, but some items have gone critically low and I need to restock.
    Hi Ed
    Better thrilling than boring.
    I like that cartoon :smiley:

No work arounds for the low items ? Yesterday did not quite hit the forecast temperature of 80, only 78 degrees.
    Low carb bagel recipes.
    Interesting, I need to watch this later, maybe save the video too, that depends on how the viewing goes.
    5 minute home made ice cream in a bag.
    I think I have seen that on a cooking show along with the Ice Cream ball that You shake to make the ice cream.
    And to go with that ice cream how about some cake? Looks tasty, but maybe not. No hummingbirds were harmed in the making of the cake, as far as I know.
    From here it looks like a Carrot cake, or at least the slices sold at the ShopRite bakery department.
    20 minute one man pizza. Looks like it should be at least a 2 man pizza to me. Maybe even 3 man.
    To me it looks like it needs more baking, the shredded cheese does not look like it really melted so pass. The crust may also not be crusty as it should be.
    Tonight's cheesy white chili tater bite casserole. Didn't get to the grocery today as I had a headache so I had to let Edwierdo...er, Eduardo, improvise from what was available. The result was quite nice and will go into my permanent mental recipe file.
    It looks like You managed to improvise in a tasty manner.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 71 with an expected high of 91 and 10% chance of precipitation.

Need to feed the cats and get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. And today I may actually get out to the grocery store!

I'm low on milk, cheese, crackers, flour, cornmeal, canned beans, etc.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2018
  • parityanimal
    These would be great for Halloween!

upoynb4lwms6.png
  • parityanimal
    ozjboah3s7k9.png
  • parityanimal
    I did make it to the grocery. And $148 later...I feel much better stocked in the kitchen. LOL.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi! This is second writing...lost first one.
    Hummingbird cake is a real 'thing'...it is very much like carrot cake, but has a few 'other' ingredients..like pineapple..
    I would love to have a modest taste of that Old Scotch Whisky!!! On the rocks, please. :)
    Had issues with my computer or maybe Safari....but I had no internet connection after about 3 or so yesterday afternoon. But, today, after much 'fiddling around' got Safari to connect to the internet! I really needed to get my Property Taxes paid...got that done this early morning..
    I went to Costco this morning. I wanted/thought I needed one of their cut fruit bowls, and peanut butter. Kirkland has the best peanut butter...just peanuts and salt...that's all...but it is soooo tasty and smells amazing!
    Need to catch up about 3 days worth of videos. Not tomorrow though, Ted's coming out to help with the verdant estate grounds....:)
    My foot is still sore...not sure what to make of it...may have to go see nerdy ole podiatrist again.
    Roger, I've had the original shingles vaccine. Marietta hurried to get her doses...and the first and the second, (six months later) had her on the couch with flu like symptoms. Talk it over with your Doc. I am going to wait a year or two to see if this is really as effective as they say it is....also, know that if you do get Shingles, either of the injections will help with recovery...AND the minute you suspect shingles...go to your Doc...they will give your immune system an bump, with a shot of IgG. It too, will lesson the disease...BUT, you have to get that early, wait and its too late.
    Ok, kitchen floor mopped, and I need to get to bed...Ted comes early (his day starts early...Maya sees to that.)
    Returning items to the kitchen, tossing others, etc. That's my afternoon plan...

Later...
  • RogerToo
    drVplT.jpg

ouVC70.jpg

qXHSXK.jpg

4vm0B0.jpg

9VZ2Yh.jpg

Unbfn0.jpg

cGt47c.png

4FXjyY.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 64 degrees and nicely comfortable for my walk.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/oct/01/fire-in-hole-a-midway-mystery-20181001-1/
    Meteorite, Satan ruled out, but fire in hole remains mystery for Arkansas town

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/10/04/more-birds-are-getting-drunk-this-year-mn-town-advises-residents/
    More Birds Are Getting Drunk This Year, MN Town Advises Residents

OOPS
    https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/10/05/toddler-puts-1060-in-cash-through-shredder/
    Toddler Puts $1,060 In Cash Through Shredder

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/south-fulton-county/10-decapitated-goats-found-in-around-chattahoochee-river-officials-say/846122236
    Disturbing discovery in Chattahoochee River could impact your drinking water

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/10/03/red-meats-processed-meats-linked-to-higher-breast-cancer-risk/
    Processed Meats Linked To Higher Breast Cancer Risk

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tech-breakthrough-offers-early-warning-system-heart-attacks-102552669.html
    Tech breakthrough offers early warning system for heart attacks

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/china-used-tiny-chips-us-computers-steal-secrets-135924842.html
    China used tiny chips on US computers to steal secrets: report
    The Bloomberg News report said the chips, the size of a grain of rice, were used on equipment made for Amazon, which first alerted US authorities, and Apple, and possibly for other companies and government agencies.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-10-04/the-big-hack-how-china-used-a-tiny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/health-microbiome-noahs-ark-microbes-antibiotics-diseases-obesity-diabetes-asthma-a8569206.html
    Scientists call for ‘Noah’s Ark’ of human microbes to prevent ‘growing global health crisis’
    'We owe future generations the microbes that colonised our ancestors for at least 200,000 years of human evolution'

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 71 with an expected high of 91 and 10% chance of precipitation.

Need to feed the cats and get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. And today I may actually get out to the grocery store!

I'm low on milk, cheese, crackers, flour, cornmeal, canned beans, etc.
    Hi Ed
    It seems that Your weather is stuck in summer temperatures as I see it.

Keeping milk on hand is why I buy the no refrigeration need quarts of milk from the Dollar Tree. They did change vendors and the new milk has a shorted shelf life but still a decent length. Some of the other products they sell as cheaper than the same product at the grocery store. Example Kraft Dinner for $1 and a higher price at the nearby grocery stores.
    I tried the Dollar Tree Pizza in the past, not that good.
    These would be great for Halloween!
    They might be tasty but they are creepy looking :smiley:
    ozjboah3s7k9.png
    I saved this one, Creative mind at work.
    I did make it to the grocery. And $148 later...I feel much better stocked in the kitchen. LOL.
    Someone spent more than a few dollars :wink:
    That is a lot more than I spend TBH. Unless we also count the NS foods cost.

Super Coupons in the ShopRite Flyer, 1 pound of bacon and one pound of butter at $0.99 each. Whole Boneless Pork Loin for $0.99 a pound another great price. Low cost Hamburger which is a somewhat higher price per pound.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi! This is second writing...lost first one.
    Hummingbird cake is a real 'thing'...it is very much like carrot cake, but has a few 'other' ingredients..like pineapple..
    I would love to have a modest taste of that Old Scotch Whisky!!! On the rocks, please. :)
    Had issues with my computer or maybe Safari....but I had no internet connection after about 3 or so yesterday afternoon. But, today, after much 'fiddling around' got Safari to connect to the internet! I really needed to get my Property Taxes paid...got that done this early morning..
    I went to Costco this morning. I wanted/thought I needed one of their cut fruit bowls, and peanut butter. Kirkland has the best peanut butter...just peanuts and salt...that's all...but it is soooo tasty and smells amazing!
    Need to catch up about 3 days worth of videos. Not tomorrow though, Ted's coming out to help with the verdant estate grounds....:)
    My foot is still sore...not sure what to make of it...may have to go see nerdy ole podiatrist again.
    Roger, I've had the original shingles vaccine. Marietta hurried to get her doses...and the first and the second, (six months later) had her on the couch with flu like symptoms. Talk it over with your Doc. I am going to wait a year or two to see if this is really as effective as they say it is....also, know that if you do get Shingles, either of the injections will help with recovery...AND the minute you suspect shingles...go to your Doc...they will give your immune system an bump, with a shot of IgG. It too, will lesson the disease...BUT, you have to get that early, wait and its too late.
    Ok, kitchen floor mopped, and I need to get to bed...Ted comes early (his day starts early...Maya sees to that.)
    Returning items to the kitchen, tossing others, etc. That's my afternoon plan...

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    If I said that the first thing I do if I lose Internet is pull the power from the router and the modem for 10 to 15 seconds and that usually fixes things.

I'm guessing that the shelf life for the CostCo Peanut Butter is shorter than commercial produced Peanut Butter.

Since the foot is still bothering You a visit to the podiatrist sounds like a good plan to me.

I shall have to look up what the symptoms of shingles are and side effects of the vaccine.

We went through the Kitchen cabinets a few years back and got rid of a lot of never used pots and pans.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 82 with an expected high of 87 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and get out to the pet store to buy some cat food and kitten food. Seems I do that a lot with four felines in the house, eating two different kinds of canned food and three different kinds of kibble. LOL.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Halloween candy you should absolutely never eat. Wait, wouldn't that be...pretty much ALL of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMgmqWxcFCw
  • parityanimal
    12 unexpected etiquette rules from around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjN7Sp-DwQ4
  • parityanimal
    Queso hash brown breakfast ring.

With J I'd have to skip (or substitute salsa maybe) the chorizo, but this otherwise looks rather tasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaz_zLKmOHw