Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi...Black Friday..11-23-18
    So far so good...banana breakfast, And Peas, carrots, and left over spinach on rice, with my port laced mushroom oil free gravy!! made lunch.... Was good. :)

Tom E. Cat (aka Einstein) is sleeping, got up to snack, back out on the couch sleeping soundly again! I think I may mirror him today. Not too late for a nap!

My dinner is cooked..leftovers of Teriyaki With noodles. Reset my weight tracking app this morning, hoping the new numbers will help me 'behave' til after Christmas. Don't know if I mentioned it yesterday, but Ted's pumpkin pie was delicious. Guess I know where to buy my pie next year. And the Almond Milk Non-Dairy whip was quite decent! Had it been a container of CoolWhip, I'd have eaten it with a spoon this morning, so canned is a much better option for me!!

Not very warm here today, and very much gray/overcast. Makes a cat and its 'subject' very sleepy!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,212 Member
    Well I successfully navigated Black Friday without going anywhere and without buying anything online either.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    qlsAdi.png

gvkO2V.jpg

n1BeS1.jpg

QgK5Uf.gif

MxSccZ.jpg

J8wWdA.gif

A33TR5.jpg

QJQiOF.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again nothing found. The Temperature out the door was 24 degrees. There is rain in the forecast for This afternoon into the early hours of Sunday.

I believe it :blush:
    https://www.studyfinds.org/average-american-gains-six-pounds-during-holiday-season/
    Gobble Away! Average American Will Put On 6 Pounds During Holiday Season, Study Finds

https://apnews.com/51d77a0431804316959efd2afc46f3c2
    Money laundering: Dutch police find cash in washing machine

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-22/soon-machines-like-emsculpt-will-do-your-exercise-for-you
    Lose Fat and Tighten Your Abs, Just By Lying There
    In the future, machines like the EMSculpt may do your exercise for you. And frankly, they'll be better at it.

Duh, a moments thought should tell You this fact :(
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/867626/LIFE-AFTER-DEATH-do-you-know-you-re-dead-consciousness-persists-Flatliners
    LIFE AFTER DEATH: When you die you KNOW you’re dead as consciousness persists - study
    WHEN you die you KNOW you’re dead, according to terrifying new research with profound implications for world religions

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/19/how-to-deal-with-a-holiday-debt-hangover.html
    If you're still dealing with holiday debt, there's no need to be Scrooge

Yikes :(
    https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2018/11/22/18107810/robot-feeding-arm-chest-mounted-social-augmented-eating

This chest-mounted robot feeding arm could stuff your face when you’re too full to move
    Can’t eat another bite? Just strap on your third robotic arm

https://www.whio.com/news/local/local-law-enforcement-using-mysterious-new-tool-unlock-cell-phones/W9zAfzQXrFsJmOJjO04TJK/
    Local law enforcement using mysterious new tool to unlock cellphones

The news people seem to be afraid not to add the word alleged :(
    https://www.nextgov.com/emerging-tech/2018/11/cbps-facial-biometrics-program-has-caught-26-alleged-imposters/152957/
    CBP’s Facial Biometrics Program Has Caught 26 Alleged Imposters

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 4C/39F with an expected high of 8C/47F and 20% chance of precipitation.

I need to feed the cats and clean yesterday's cat bowls. I may need to get out to the grocery for milk. Breakfast was some leftover turkey, stuffing, ham, and gravy (on the stuffing) as you might have expected.
    I might run a load of whites and towels.
    Hi Ed
    I also Put the Gravy on the Mashed Potatoes, Turkey and if cooked the Ham as well as the Stuffing :smiley:

I really, really need to do laundry, I procrastinated and now that the Holiday is over I should do it.
    Orion is still busy exploring the house. He didn't eat much of his food overnight but he HAS opened the food bowl in there, at least twice that I saw it happen. I expect when I feed the cats this morning the little light bulb will flash over his head that his food is now in the new spot and he doesn't need to get into the hall bathroom to get it, as he's moved out into the larger world.

There was quite a bit of hissing and posturing last night when all the cats were herded into the master suite for the night. We don't want them wandering the whole house and annoying the sugar gliders, who are mostly nocturnal. Bonnie couldn't care less about the cats (though with her long tail, she SHOULD be at least a little worried one might get hold of it, if she let's it dangle out of the cage) but Clyde is terrified of the cats and goes a little crazy in the cage if the cats are too near, especially if they seem too interested in him.

Something in between would be more appropriate for them both, if they could learn it...caution but not panic.
    Is the hissing and posturing from jockeying for hierarchical position by the cats.

I wonder if something like the collars that are sold to keep squirrels out of bird feeders would help ?
    I just don't know what to say about this one...just watch.
    PEANUT BUTTER Potato Salad
    Why ? It does not sound like anything I would eat.
    More vegan stuff.
    Vegan lox smoked salmon and vegan cream cheese sandwich
    Hmm... Interesting.
    Ultimate mac and cheese? Well, it's got bacon in it. That's a good start.
    Bacon, Yum :wink:
    Some reasons, perhaps, to stop charging your cell phone while you sleep.
    Before I watch this one later I will guess that it is because the battery could catch fire.

Well I successfully navigated Black Friday without going anywhere and without buying anything online either.
    I ended up online ordering the fruits for the fruit cakes my brother makes every winter.

Congratulations on staying away from going anywhere on Black Friday.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi...Black Friday..11-23-18
    So far so good...banana breakfast, And Peas, carrots, and left over spinach on rice, with my port laced mushroom oil free gravy!! made lunch.... Was good. :)

Tom E. Cat (aka Einstein) is sleeping, got up to snack, back out on the couch sleeping soundly again! I think I may mirror him today. Not too late for a nap!

My dinner is cooked..leftovers of Teriyaki With noodles. Reset my weight tracking app this morning, hoping the new numbers will help me 'behave' til after Christmas. Don't know if I mentioned it yesterday, but Ted's pumpkin pie was delicious. Guess I know where to buy my pie next year. And the Almond Milk Non-Dairy whip was quite decent! Had it been a container of CoolWhip, I'd have eaten it with a spoon this morning, so canned is a much better option for me!!

Not very warm here today, and very much gray/overcast. Makes a cat and its 'subject' very sleepy!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    It is never to late for a nap.

What exactly does that mean, "Reset my weight tracking app" ?

I do not recall You mentioning how the Pumpkin Pie tasted, I may have missed it OTOH.

I have been known to eat the entire container of Cool Whip in the past.

Friday was sunny if Bitter cold until later in the day when it warmed up.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday. 2C/36F with an expected high of 13C/56F and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to feed the cats and clean up yesterday's cat bowls. And I need to get out to see about picking up Oliver's paw print that Jason requested as a memory. He can put dates, or whatever, on it and bake it and put it with Ariel's paw print that he got after she died. While there, I may need to pick up some canned food for Lilo.

And might get around to doing some whites and towels that I haven't yet done.

Dinner last night was pizza, for a break from Thanksgiving but breakfast this morning was leftovers. I usually like to have leftovers through perhaps Sunday (or part of Sunday), with a break, like last night's pizza, and then I'm through with Thanksgiving and ready for Christmas. Since my chunk of ham for this year's Christmas has no bone, I may need to see about getting a ham bone or perhaps a ham hock for my New Year's pot of black eyed peas.

J had a chance to get me one at the Thanksgiving party he went to a week or so before Thanksgiving. I didn't go because I was feeling worn out. He did bring me back a small amount of ham from that party, and mentioned that he could have brough more ham or even the bone, but he didn't know if I wanted it.

Sometimes I wonder how much he really remembers about things...he should KNOW that I would have wanted the bone for a pot of beans, and I told him so when he mentioned that, but to be fair I didn't say to get it, when he texted me and asked if I wanted him to bring home some ham. And he IS vegetarian and admitted to thinking that the bone was "gross" so he didn't ask for it since he didn't know if I would want it.

I hope someone took the bone home for proper use, rather than just tossing it.

I'll get something for New Year's.

RogerToo wrote: »

Is the hissing and posturing from jockeying for hierarchical position by the cats.

I wonder if something like the collars that are sold to keep squirrels out of bird feeders would help ?

I ended up online ordering the fruits for the fruit cakes my brother makes every winter.

It's all normal settling in with a new cat/kitten. The already resident cats have to hiss and posture to tell the new cat "This is OUR house and these are OUR people and you are an interloper!" The new kitten/cat does have to learn who the boss is (Lilo) and who might want to play, as opposed to which cats mostly want to be just left alone (like Lilo) but normally respond with hissing back, while at the same time making physical overtures to get to know one another better, to say "It's my house too, now, and my people too! Get over it! Oh, and would you like to play together later?"

It just takes some time for them to get it all settled, but usually not a terribly long time. A couple of weeks to a couple of months, at most. Over enough time, even Lilo will stop being annoyed with the new interloper as long as the new one doesn't get in her face TOO much. Lilo even plays with Kiara and Dinah sometimes now, but not so much with Dinah. Lilo and Kiara had managed to make friends well enough before Dinah came into the scene, but Lilo didn't want to play as much as Kiara did. Too old to play that much. Mostly with Dinah it's just a little friendly mutual grooming, rather than playing. I imagine it will get to at least civil tolerance with Orion, which is all we really ask.

I'd say if you only ordered the fruits that you would have ordered anyway, that you successfully made it through Black Friday too.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Thanksgiving pies around the U.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wQebOhZPS0
  • parityanimal
    Steak dinner recipes with a twist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X0b_nXaR24
  • parityanimal
    Cast iron skillet pizza and then a chocolate chip cookie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSBj2--LOww
  • parityanimal
    Valerie, you might like this one. I found it rather fascinating. If I remember right from what I watched you get not only whipped "cream" from this vegan recipe, but also some tasty cooked protein to use in a dish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm3SWdTblgI
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning! I got up today thinking it was Sunday! So, to see I was 'wrong'...was a great thing! 11.24.2018
    Watched the pie video...I should have watched it BEFORE T day. Oh, well. It's all gone, not to be again until Nov.2019!!

I"ve been at this computer for a bit over 2 hours..just trying to catch up. Saw an interesting looking yoga program..thought I'd buy it. The web site said NO DUMMY you ALREADY own this video set. (not a 'direct quote!!) OOPS! So up next will be a yoga session!

I've about worn out the 'delete' button on my Mac. Already 3 'sale' ummm opportunities from Chico's. (a line of women's clothing for those of us who might be a bit older??) I've deleted all of them. No immediate need. but it contributes to that daunting list of 'new' emails throughout the day.

Roger, I do have an app on my phone that I input my weight, and it tells me the percentage of time its taken to reach whatever goal I've set...and a ton of other stuff. But the platform is iOS..I'm sure there are hundreds of like apps for OS. (platforms?)..whatever....

And already today I've listened to a presentation on Neurotransmitters. So ask me just anything about them...:) (not)!!! It was interesting though.

Also, Tom E. has alerted me for either food, or to go outside. Food he already has, just needs me to walk over to his dishes and watch him eat. I think I've already mentioned how I felt about that trick!! I think he really 'wants' to go out, then he sees the wet, and cold, and declines!!! Can't say I blame him!

Pretty sure my only trip out side today, will be to retrieve the trash cans that the truck just picked up, and the recycle cart, that I thing is still to be picked up.
    Lots more leaf drop happened, I'd estimate only 10% left in the trees. This 10% will hang up there til what seems like forever, and then the tree will be bare. And I'll have to wait for spring.

I really don't have any pressing to-do list...just sorta as needed kinda day...

Later...

• parityanimal
    edited November 2018
    Well, I resolved my ham bone issue!

I went out this morning into the slightly misty/drizzly weather, picked up Oliver's paw print (J has added what he wanted to it and it's baking now), bought 3 cans of food for Lilo at the vet (4 breakfasts per can), and then went by Aldi for a few things.

At Aldi I picked up some tall kitchen trash bags, two cartons of lactose free milk, a package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs for the sugar gliders (and Lilo), some sweet relish, rotini, and a pecan pie cheesecake dessert for Christmas. Then I decided to see if they had any really inexpensive hams, not spiral sliced or honey/brown sugar glaze or anything fancy, just ham.

And I was lucky enough to find a plain, shank portion, fairly small ham, at only $8.08. So rather than trying to save a chunk of the Thanksgiving ham for Christmas, I have a small half ham that I can heat up, glaze, and slice all by myself, that will leave a nice shank bone for my New Year's pot of black eyed peas.

While I do find the spiral sliced hams or the others that come with the glaze packet to be convenient, I am, after all, perfectly capable of making my own glaze, and of slicing a ham, and it does save money to do that myself. I used to do it all the time, but the older I get, the more I want things that are just a little less work to leave me more time (which seems to be moving faster every year) to do other things I want to do.

At any rate, I have my ham and if I want deviled eggs with Christmas, I won't run out of pickle relish like I did for Thanksgiving. I had enough for J's potato salad but then none left for the deviled eggs. Since he'll probably be up in Kentucky for Thanksgiving, I'll probably not make deviled eggs.

The ham I just bought, plus the string beans in the freezer, and some kind of potato dish, should do it for the main meal. I do have more stuffing crumbs if I want more dressing by then, and will consider making that instead of potatoes, though scalloped or au gratin potatoes do go very nicely with ham...perhaps make both and alternate on which one I eat with each meal, or just have a half serving with each meal until one or the other is all gone.

I'm not so bent on having loads of leftovers from Christmas, other than the ham bone for New Years. But then the New Years dinner is coming just a week after. For that, though, all I really need is the ham and black eyed peas, cornbread, and greens. Dessert is even optional and if there isn't any left from Christmas, that's fine. I would like a bottle of dry champagne (or some other bubbly) for midnight though. Maybe I can find some of those miniature bottles that are just one serving and drink it from the bottle like a wino. :open_mouth:

ijagrszmv89w.png
  • RogerToo
    Y02cO7.jpg
    Cats got Thumbs ?

nfR1pl.gif

AB2oVy.jpg
    Might be a little dry

lLEn3v.gif

z3Oein.jpg
    Speeding Caught on Camera :smiley:

2yGDC8.gif

ReZmUu.gif

7QLuQB.gif
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2018
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again nothing found. The Temperature out the door was 45 degrees. The rain in the forecast for Saturday afternoon into the early hours of Sunday arrived on schedule and appears to have left on time to as things were wet but drying out.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1049454/london-news-met-police-moped-thieves-london-crime-latest
    Met Police fight back: Officers allowed to KNOCK moped thieves off bikes at high speed
    POLICE officers will use their vehicles to knock moped thieves off their bikes - even during high-speed pursuits, Scotland Yard has said.

https://www.cnet.com/news/scientists-just-found-a-previously-unknown-part-of-the-human-brain/
    Scientists just found a previously unknown part of the human brain
    A brain cartographer suggests the cluster of cells appears unique to humans and may be responsible for fine motor control.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/mysterious-tunnels-discovered-in-florida
    Mysterious tunnels discovered in Florida puzzle historians
    Century-old tunnels discovered at a construction site in Ybor City, Florida and historians aren't quite sure what they were used for.
    More evidence has emerged of a mysterious network of tunnels beneath the historic neighborhood of Ybor City in Tampa, Fla.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/11/23/humans-didnt-cause-animal-extinctions-africa-science-study-says/2090400002/
    Humans didn't cause mass animal extinctions in Africa, like previously thought, study says

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/23/the-international-space-station-is-infested-with-mysterious-and-potentially-dangerous-space-bugs-8165994/
    The International Space Station is infested with mysterious and potentially dangerous space bugs

https://www.foxnews.com/science/strange-carved-stone-found-buried-under-new-jersey-river-puzzles-locals
    Strange carved stone found 'buried' under New Jersey river puzzles locals

https://sputniknews.com/science/201811231070070217-sodom-gomorrah-meteor-blast/
    Bible Revisited: Alleged Sodom Site Thought to Have Been Hit by Cosmic Blast

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday. 2C/36F with an expected high of 13C/56F and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to feed the cats and clean up yesterday's cat bowls. And I need to get out to see about picking up Oliver's paw print that Jason requested as a memory. He can put dates, or whatever, on it and bake it and put it with Ariel's paw print that he got after she died. While there, I may need to pick up some canned food for Lilo.

And might get around to doing some whites and towels that I haven't yet done.

Dinner last night was pizza, for a break from Thanksgiving but breakfast this morning was leftovers. I usually like to have leftovers through perhaps Sunday (or part of Sunday), with a break, like last night's pizza, and then I'm through with Thanksgiving and ready for Christmas. Since my chunk of ham for this year's Christmas has no bone, I may need to see about getting a ham bone or perhaps a ham hock for my New Year's pot of black eyed peas.
    Hi Ed
    Paw Print is something I would not do TBH. I think it would make me sad when I looked at it, It is tough enough when memory of someone I Knew passed.

Interesting You should mention taking a break from Thanksgiving, My brother said much the same Friday night :smile:
    J had a chance to get me one at the Thanksgiving party he went to a week or so before Thanksgiving. I didn't go because I was feeling worn out. He did bring me back a small amount of ham from that party, and mentioned that he could have brought more ham or even the bone, but he didn't know if I wanted it.

Sometimes I wonder how much he really remembers about things...he should KNOW that I would have wanted the bone for a pot of beans, and I told him so when he mentioned that, but to be fair I didn't say to get it, when he texted me and asked if I wanted him to bring home some ham. And he IS vegetarian and admitted to thinking that the bone was "gross" so he didn't ask for it since he didn't know if I would want it.

I hope someone took the bone home for proper use, rather than just tossing it.

I'll get something for New Year's.
    The Bone Gross, Not to me, so tasty in pea soup or beans. Hopefully since I abhor waste.

It's all normal settling in with a new cat/kitten. The already resident cats have to hiss and posture to tell the new cat "This is OUR house and these are OUR people and you are an interloper!" The new kitten/cat does have to learn who the boss is (Lilo) and who might want to play, as opposed to which cats mostly want to be just left alone (like Lilo) but normally respond with hissing back, while at the same time making physical overtures to get to know one another better, to say "It's my house too, now, and my people too! Get over it! Oh, and would you like to play together later?"

It just takes some time for them to get it all settled, but usually not a terribly long time. A couple of weeks to a couple of months, at most. Over enough time, even Lilo will stop being annoyed with the new interloper as long as the new one doesn't get in her face TOO much. Lilo even plays with Kiara and Dinah sometimes now, but not so much with Dinah. Lilo and Kiara had managed to make friends well enough before Dinah came into the scene, but Lilo didn't want to play as much as Kiara did. Too old to play that much. Mostly with Dinah it's just a little friendly mutual grooming, rather than playing. I imagine it will get to at least civil tolerance with Orion, which is all we really ask.

I'd say if you only ordered the fruits that you would have ordered anyway, that you successfully made it through Black Friday too.
    Hopefully the cats all adjust to the new kitten.

You are kind, I think of it as a minor fail OTOH.
    Thanksgiving pies around the U.S.
    Looks good to me even if I haven't watched it yet just the image looks tasty.
    Steak dinner recipes with a twist.
    I have simple tastes for Beef, Pork and Chicken, Turkey, Salt to taste, Cook Well done, especially Hamburgers, I hate the texture of a hamburger where the inside is still red. All four of those can also be topped for taste with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.
    Cast iron skillet pizza and then a chocolate chip cookie.
    I have seen the TV commercials for those skillets advertised on TV where they make a Skillet Pizza, TBH it does not look good to me when they dump it out upside down, way to much crust.
    Valerie, you might like this one. I found it rather fascinating. If I remember right from what I watched you get not only whipped "cream" from this vegan recipe, but also some tasty cooked protein to use in a dish.
    I used to eat Chickpeas in the past right from the can after discarding the liquid.
    Well, I resolved my ham bone issue!

I went out this morning into the slightly misty/drizzly weather, picked up Oliver's paw print (J has added what he wanted to it and it's baking now), bought 3 cans of food for Lilo at the vet (4 breakfasts per can), and then went by Aldi for a few things.

At Aldi I picked up some tall kitchen trash bags, two cartons of lactose free milk, a package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs for the sugar gliders (and Lilo), some sweet relish, rotini, and a pecan pie cheesecake dessert for Christmas. Then I decided to see if they had any really inexpensive hams, not spiral sliced or honey/brown sugar glaze or anything fancy, just ham.
    I am curious why the paw print needs baking, I would think until that happens it is easy to ruin and becomes fragile after the baking ?

Are You paying a premium for the thighs being boneless.
    And I was lucky enough to find a plain, shank portion, fairly small ham, at only $8.08. So rather than trying to save a chunk of the Thanksgiving ham for Christmas, I have a small half ham that I can heat up, glaze, and slice all by myself, that will leave a nice shank bone for my New Year's pot of black eyed peas.

While I do find the spiral sliced hams or the others that come with the glaze packet to be convenient, I am, after all, perfectly capable of making my own glaze, and of slicing a ham, and it does save money to do that myself. I used to do it all the time, but the older I get, the more I want things that are just a little less work to leave me more time (which seems to be moving faster every year) to do other things I want to do.

At any rate, I have my ham and if I want deviled eggs with Christmas, I won't run out of pickle relish like I did for Thanksgiving. I had enough for J's potato salad but then none left for the deviled eggs. Since he'll probably be up in Kentucky for Thanksgiving, I'll probably not make deviled eggs.

The ham I just bought, plus the string beans in the freezer, and some kind of potato dish, should do it for the main meal. I do have more stuffing crumbs if I want more dressing by then, and will consider making that instead of potatoes, though scalloped or au gratin potatoes do go very nicely with ham...perhaps make both and alternate on which one I eat with each meal, or just have a half serving with each meal until one or the other is all gone.
    Congratulations on finding a Ham at a price and size that works for You.

What I like about spiral sliced hams is the uniformity of thickness and in the past I used their slices in sandwiches both baked and Fried in sandwiches to take to work sometimes in Ham and Cheese sandwiches and sometimes plain with a smear of butter on the bread. Doing things the easy way can be worth spending a bit more money.

We use Mustard, Mayo, and Pickle juice and something else which I remember my brother mentioning and a sprinkle of Paprika on top of the Deviled Eggs.

Those Potatoes sound tasty to me.
    I'm not so bent on having loads of leftovers from Christmas, other than the ham bone for New Years. But then the New Years dinner is coming just a week after. For that, though, all I really need is the ham and black eyed peas, cornbread, and greens. Dessert is even optional and if there isn't any left from Christmas, that's fine. I would like a bottle of dry champagne (or some other bubbly) for midnight though. Maybe I can find some of those miniature bottles that are just one serving and drink it from the bottle like a wino. :open_mouth:
    We count on or depend on leftovers from Thanksgiving and Christmas for our New Years Day Meal.

So far we have Vacuum sealed and frozen Turkey, Gravy, Homemade Cranberry Sauce, and Stuffing. Maybe 1/2 of the second Pumpkin Pie too.

We have bought small bottles of Champagne and split them for the Holiday in the past.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning! I got up today thinking it was Sunday! So, to see I was 'wrong'...was a great thing! 11.24.2018
    Watched the pie video...I should have watched it BEFORE T day. Oh, well. It's all gone, not to be again until Nov.2019!!

I"ve been at this computer for a bit over 2 hours..just trying to catch up. Saw an interesting looking yoga program..thought I'd buy it. The web site said NO DUMMY you ALREADY own this video set. (not a 'direct quote!!) OOPS! So up next will be a yoga session!

I've about worn out the 'delete' button on my Mac. Already 3 'sale' ummm opportunities from Chico's. (a line of women's clothing for those of us who might be a bit older??) I've deleted all of them. No immediate need. but it contributes to that daunting list of 'new' emails throughout the day.
    Hi Valerie
    And for us yesterday did not feel like Saturday either so...

Speaking of wearing out the Buttons on the keyboard Some of the keys are becoming hard to read due to wear. The Left Shift button is becoming flaky. I have a spare Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse and since I use one on the basement computer I find I prefer it to the wired ones that came with this All in One desktop and that will free up a USB port too, which would save me having to buy a USB hub. Were the Chico's emails advertising or spam ?
    Roger, I do have an app on my phone that I input my weight, and it tells me the percentage of time its taken to reach whatever goal I've set...and a ton of other stuff. But the platform is iOS..I'm sure there are hundreds of like apps for OS. (platforms?)..whatever....

And already today I've listened to a presentation on Neurotransmitters. So ask me just anything about them...:) (not)!!! It was interesting though.

Also, Tom E. has alerted me for either food, or to go outside. Food he already has, just needs me to walk over to his dishes and watch him eat. I think I've already mentioned how I felt about that trick!! I think he really 'wants' to go out, then he sees the wet, and cold, and declines!!! Can't say I blame him!

Pretty sure my only trip out side today, will be to retrieve the trash cans that the truck just picked up, and the recycle cart, that I thing is still to be picked up.
    Lots more leaf drop happened, I'd estimate only 10% left in the trees. This 10% will hang up there til what seems like forever, and then the tree will be bare. And I'll have to wait for spring.

I really don't have any pressing to-do list...just sorta as needed kinda day...

Later...
    No Apps on my flip phone other than the ones built in such as a Tip calculator.

Inputting data into a app whether on the phone or computer would kill more of a scarce resource, Free Time :wink:

Your cat thinks of You as his servant from what I see you posting.

Today my time outside has already happened when I went walking. My Brother will be 99% likely to go to the ShopRite Grocery Store as he does every Sunday. Then having gone on Sunday when the entire week is open he complains about the Parking lot and crowding in the store o:)

It has been my experience in the past that You look out one day and there are leaves on the trees and what seems like overnight they all fall.

Nothing on my ToDo list since I finally did the Laundry when I took my shower and realized I was putting on my last Pocket T-Shirt, I prefer the Pocket ones so I have a place for Mr, iPod, The earphone cord goes inside the T-Shirt tp protect it against snagging on anything.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 6C/43F with an expected high of 15C/60F and 0% chance of precipitation. It is pretty foggy out there right now, with a lot of condensation on things, especially cool, metal things like vehicles.

Breakfast finished off the last of the open chunk of ham. The remaining chunk of ham hasn't even been opened from its vacuum/shrink wrap and is smaller. It will be sandwiches and/or ham and eggs this week. Maybe a little of both, but I really love ham and eggs so that may be a few breakfasts to finish off the ham.

The remaining turkey (and that last bit of cornbread dressing) will either be today's lunch or supper and then I'm finished with dressing until at least Christmas, if not sometime next year. I may save the rest of the stuffing crumbs for roasting a chicken sometime in the spring.

Paw Print is something I would not do TBH. I think it would make me sad when I looked at it, It is tough enough when memory of someone I Knew passed.

I am curious why the paw print needs baking, I would think until that happens it is easy to ruin and becomes fragile after the baking ?

J wanted it. We actually have the ashes from our first cat, in a small, wooden urn, that sits on the mantle over the fireplace, with a small bit of her fur and (I think I remember) one of her small, favorite toys. I may be wrong about the toy. I'm with you. Just thinking of her as I type now makes me sad. I didn't want the ashes but J did. She was his special pet, of the cats we had at that time.

As the years passed, and we had to let more pets cross the rainbow bridge, I was happy enough to know that their ashes would be sprinkled over some lovely flower gardens. I didn't want, and J didn't press for it, to collect all these little urns of ashes and carry them around with us wherever we moved to over the years.

I didn't even know, then, that paw prints were an option, and it wasn't mentioned to us, so it may not have been an option until recently. I'm not sure I'd have wanted them, honestly.

When Ariel passed on, they asked, as always, if we wanted her ashes but also pointed out that a paw print was an option. So J requested the paw print. We weren't sure how that would work, expecting perhaps a paw print in clay, pre-engraved with her birth and death dates, and ready to put away or display.

It turns out that the paw print arrives, carefully delivered in a fairly stiff paperboard bag, as JUST a paw print, in slightly soft clay, that needs to be baked (only about 20 minutes at 275F), after adding your own engravings of choice. J used a toothpick to put Ariel's name and the years of birth and death, and then we baked the footprint. The same for Oliver, though in his case it was just the one year, 2018.

I expect he'll want paw prints on any pet that we lose now, and that's fine. He puts them in a keepsake box and only rarely takes them out to peruse. He did, last night, take out Ariel's print to reminisce. I didn't participate in that viewing, as he had put it away before I got into the room. He was viewing it shortly after receipt of Oliver's paw print, but before engraving or baking it.

So we have physical mementos of three of the six pets that we have lost, and only memories of the other three.

Are You paying a premium for the thighs being boneless.

I'm pretty sure one always pays a premium for them being boneless.

I am also pretty sure one would get a bit more meat for the price, buying bone-in, but since I don't actually know how much of the weight is bone and how much is meat, not to mention skin, as the bone-in thighs generally have skin too, so it might not be all that much more meat after all. For fried chicken for me, I like the skin. Sometimes I think it's the best part!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited November 2018
    Fried chicken AND crispy potatoes. Who could want more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4_g9SAyJA8
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2018
    That fruit looks like a watermelon married a Brussels Sprout and they had a love child. Let's see what Emmy thought of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azSc9IY8gQ0