Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning! Tues 11-20-18 partly cloudy, breezy, leaves everywhere, but coming out of the trees at a pretty good clip!

Ed...no I never thought about calling Tom E. 'Tom Einstein' but, YES that would work well!! And also in the Yes column, My DIL would have not a cow, but an entire herd if I were to bring a vegan roast, or ANYTHING except my assigned item (salad again). Several years ago I brought, along with my assigned salad, a platter of veggies arranged to be a turkey. It was an appetizer..she wasn't exactly happy. I've offered to bring veggies and was told she didn't want 'a whole bunch of dishes to clutter up her table'. (Well, EXCUSE me!)
    The best holiday meals is when Ted and I skip out, and fix a meal of 'our' foods. Humus, and veg. dippers, and maybe some mock meat ish type thing, and Teds delicious Tabbouleh, and some sort of pie, or other dessert. (and of course pita bread...

I really need to make a bank run, and stop by Bed Bath & Beyond...they have a couple things from their catalogue that I want, and can't find at their web site....

Oh, (Goofy )..yesterday a bottle of vitamins I ordered from Amazon, did not come with my mail gal, but it came in a truck with Amazon and the Smile on it. Ted has been getting this for quite some time...not out in my neighborhood..until yesterday. So, Ted then texted that I could hold my finger on the order number, and there might be a photo of where they left the package....sure enough, there was a pix of the package on my porch...Ted also said something else I could do..he said if the truck was close, they would show on a map where the delivery person is and how many stops away they are from you!!! I cannot wait to try that out!!!

Ok, sounds like you all have your holiday menu's all set...I'll have mine when I get home from the 'Omni dinner'. Today I"m going to stop at Kroger and get the salad greens, and one of their prepared Pumpkin Pies...I intend to have my pumpkin pie for breakfast!! It will no doubt not be Vegan...can't win them all! But you can try!, right??

I may right now go roast a pan of veggies...I read something I want to try...instead of putting oil on the veggies before roasting, give them a light coating of Aquafaba....this was news to me, and I really want to try it.

Later...
    Oh, fried alligator IS yum!!!
    And my 'tooth touchup' at the dentist seems to have done the trick...not quite sure, but I think probably.
    Interesting outside my window...somebody came into the cul de sac, with a big black pickup, pulling one of these big enclosed (Utility trailer?) And very carefully backed it into the Korean driveway...and then shortly pulled out of that driveway into the one on the other side. Looks like maybe Capri has opted to hire a yard company ....which while admirable, is about 3 weeks too early, cuz she's the one with the humungous oak tree which doesn't drop its leaves until mid December. As I recall she did this last year too.... and those leaves that fall after today, will end up in my yard, and both my neighbors yards. Capri is obviously not an outdoors type person at all..........(I don't think I"ve ever seen here outside come to think about it...oh...yes. ONCE i saw her pushing a lawn mower. I about fainted.LOL
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,212 Member
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    SnYJUs.jpg

vippy0.gif

aJmG53.gif

0LkB1g.gif

pDRtLG.jpg

Q7jPph.gif

XNa7Tq.jpg

iDt1d1.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I am trying something different today, Follow this link to see the status post and news links.
    The first time You may need to go to the last page and then go to the last post.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10396486/100-challenge-mon-5-23-to-until-join-anytime#latest

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 11C/51F with an expected high of 13C/55F and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to get the last of the laundry folded. And, of course, feed the cats and clean up yesterday's cat bowls. Not sure if anything else is on the agenda, but I do know J needs to get to the bank so we might get out for that. If we do, there are a couple of grocer items we can buy.

Come to think of it, I need to get the ham and turkey out of the freezer so they can be thawing up for Thursday too. The chunks aren't all that large so they should be ready to warm and slice by then.

Wow. Just got them out and boy are my fingers cold, after rearranging to make space in the refrigerator and put the chunks in.
    Hi Ed
    Lucky You, Thanksgiving day is forecast to be in the lower 20s and I am seeing overnights in the teens, Toss in the wind chill and :(

The cold from the freezer in the basement and the freezer section are why I wear brown Jersey Gloves when I am working there. I expect to be bringing the bag of Green Beans from CostCo up and that should leave plenty of room in the basement unit for leftovers :smiley:

Pumpkin Pies should be baked today and the Extra Stuffing that gets baked in a baking Dish also ready for the Refrigerator and then the last things to be done, Stuff and Cook the Turkey, Make the 6 extra large eggs into Deviled Eggs, and of course the Mashed Potatoes. The Asparagus and Sprouts are already baked and in the refrigerator waiting to be warmed up Thursday.
    Now they just have to thaw up. Since I went lazy on the meat, and the pumpkin cheesecake is already in the freezer too, I shouldn't have too much work to make the sides. The dressing (from cornbread crumbs) will be my "starring" event I guess. I have pre-boiled eggs to make the deviled eggs (J is staying for Thanksgiving) and enough potatoes to make a small/medium potato salad. Might get more potatoes if we're out today.

I'm planning (maybe) mashed cauliflower, in lieu of mashed potatoes, and, since we may have up to 4 guests, a broccoli, rice(d cauliflower) cheese casserole, and some green beans or green peas. If someone wants cranberry sauce they better bring some because I wasn't planning to make any this year...though I may look for that at the store too. And, as there may be guests, there are some Sister Schubert Parker House rolls in the freezer too. Gravy will be from a mix, or from stock. I'll decide that on the day.

Breakfast for me this morning was a plain omelet (duck eggs!), with peppered bacon, and toast. Hot tea for my beverage.

And here are my meats for Thanksgiving dinner.

Two chunks of "carving ham" and two chunks of roasted turkey breast, from Aldi.
    There's a thought, Don't mash all the Potatoes, save some for Potato Salad and maybe a Hard Boiled Egg to go in it too. There will be plenty of Potatoes since my Brother bought a 5 pound bag for Thanksgiving use.

My Brother always uses the Turkey Drippings from the roasting pan to make the gravy. The Mashed Potatoes get Milk and Butter as a part of the process. I had forgotten he will be making Whipped Cream From a Pint of Whipping Cream to go with the Pies, He is also muttering about peeling apples or pears and turning them into a pie filling too. He goes all out for Holidays. I was called a Heretic :blush: by him for suggesting skipping stuffing the Turkey and baking it all in a pan instead.

Turkey and Ham, Will You be heating them in the oven ? Maybe a Glaze on the Ham ?
    Val, would your daughter in law have a cow (so to speak) if you brought a vegan turkey roast to Thanksgiving?
    I would hope not for Valeries sake.
    And here are several commercially available vegan roasts.
    Interesting, I wonder how they taste. I have seen Turkey Loaf that tasted Ghastly so...
    And a few more easy, vegan, holiday recipes.
    It would appear that Valerie can have a real nice meal for the Holiday.
    Bacon wrapped bacon. Sounds yummy!
    Cajun fried alligator! Yum!
    Pass, I have started going off Battered AKA breaded foods in an effort to get my carbs under control. I dread what my A1C test will show. Too Many Cheat Days with Rice or French Fries :(

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/recipe-bacon-wrapped-bacon/
    Bacon ! Who can resist. Wrap it around foods or on sandwiches, Yummy. When I was working I would cook a entire pound, Sit it on paper towels and then have Bread, Butter and Bacon Sandwiches for my lunches, Heated up in the Microwave with the Buttered Slice of bread unheated except by the heat from the MW'd Bacon.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning! Tues 11-20-18 partly cloudy, breezy, leaves everywhere, but coming out of the trees at a pretty good clip!

Ed...no I never thought about calling Tom E. 'Tom Einstein' but, YES that would work well!! And also in the Yes column, My DIL would have not a cow, but an entire herd if I were to bring a vegan roast, or ANYTHING except my assigned item (salad again). Several years ago I brought, along with my assigned salad, a platter of veggies arranged to be a turkey. It was an appetizer..she wasn't exactly happy. I've offered to bring veggies and was told she didn't want 'a whole bunch of dishes to clutter up her table'. (Well, EXCUSE me!)
    The best holiday meals is when Ted and I skip out, and fix a meal of 'our' foods. Humus, and veg. dippers, and maybe some mock meat ish type thing, and Teds delicious Tabbouleh, and some sort of pie, or other dessert. (and of course pita bread...

I really need to make a bank run, and stop by Bed Bath & Beyond...they have a couple things from their catalogue that I want, and can't find at their web site....
    Hi Valerie
    You need to re-educate Your DIL to the real world, Clutter her table, That is what Holiday meals are supposed to be lots and lots of different foods.

It sounds as if You will eating Your Holiday meal before going to hers.

How do You know the store will have them if the web site does not show them ?
    Oh, (Goofy )..yesterday a bottle of vitamins I ordered from Amazon, did not come with my mail gal, but it came in a truck with Amazon and the Smile on it. Ted has been getting this for quite some time...not out in my neighborhood..until yesterday. So, Ted then texted that I could hold my finger on the order number, and there might be a photo of where they left the package....sure enough, there was a pix of the package on my porch...Ted also said something else I could do..he said if the truck was close, they would show on a map where the delivery person is and how many stops away they are from you!!! I cannot wait to try that out!!!
    Interesting I buy my Vitamins at CostCo.

Ah Ha, That explains it, I have seen Amazon drivers using a cell phone to photograph their deliveries. I had just guessed it was a proof of delivery to Amazon. BTW I could hold my finger on the Non Touch Screen Monitor all I want, nothing will pop up. I wonder if Putting the Cursor on it works, Who knows I might even remember to test and see.
    Ok, sounds like you all have your holiday menu's all set...I'll have mine when I get home from the 'Omni dinner'. Today I"m going to stop at Kroger and get the salad greens, and one of their prepared Pumpkin Pies...I intend to have my pumpkin pie for breakfast!! It will no doubt not be Vegan...can't win them all! But you can try!, right??

I may right now go roast a pan of veggies...I read something I want to try...instead of putting oil on the veggies before roasting, give them a light coating of Aquafaba....this was news to me, and I really want to try it.
    If I said my Brother always makes to many different and large quantities at that for Holiday Meals.

I had to look up Aquafaba and now I know what it is :smiley:
    Tsk, tsk a non vegan Pumpkin Pie, I am amazed, I will admit it isn't Thanksgiving with one OTOH.
    Later...
    Oh, fried alligator IS yum!!!
    And my 'tooth touchup' at the dentist seems to have done the trick...not quite sure, but I think probably.
    Interesting outside my window...somebody came into the cul de sac, with a big black pickup, pulling one of these big enclosed (Utility trailer?) And very carefully backed it into the Korean driveway...and then shortly pulled out of that driveway into the one on the other side. Looks like maybe Capri has opted to hire a yard company ....which while admirable, is about 3 weeks too early, cuz she's the one with the humungous oak tree which doesn't drop its leaves until mid December. As I recall she did this last year too.... and those leaves that fall after today, will end up in my yard, and both my neighbors yards. Capri is obviously not an outdoors type person at all..........(I don't think I"ve ever seen here outside come to think about it...oh...yes. ONCE i saw her pushing a lawn mower. I about fainted.LOL
    You must be working from memory with the Fried Alligator.

I have seen those type of trailers used here with a big flexible hose running into it, My best guess is that the leaves get pulverized before going into the trailer to save space.

I have seen a neighbor on the next block using a back Mounted Leaf Vacuum with a bag suspended by her side. They are not that hard to just rake IMO.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 5C/41F with an expected high of 14F/57F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls. Cats and I have been fed, and there is no laundry to put away. I decided to make whole berry cranberry sauce and will try making it sweetened with Stevia if I can. I picked up a bag of cranberries while we were at Publix yesterday.

I guess I can make the cranberry sauce today, and perhaps a garlic and herb cream cheese spread for an appetizer, to be served with crackers. I could, if there's room in the fridge, go ahead and make some mashed cauliflower, though that really won't take long to whip up in the kitchen tomorrow, nor will the green vegetable, whichever one I choose. I may omit the green vegetable anyway since there would be broccoli in the casserole I plan to make, and it is a green vegetable.

I guess I will warm the meats tomorrow, baking the dressing (have to make it first!) and the casserole (have to make that first too) at the same time, and browning the rolls at the last minute.

And I guess I should take the cheesecake out of the freezer to thaw in the refrigerator today too. Let me go do that now!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Just in case you ever wanted to know THE TRUTH about Pop Tarts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cfT_dosD_4
  • parityanimal
    5 foods you may not have known originated in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWEqkpqNeBo
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2018
    I may have to try this for Christmas...Thai Tea Pie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lisOPkPkbw
  • parityanimal
    And for Val, here are two more, quite similar, recipes for vegan "meat" crumbles. One sounds more flavorful from the start, and the other is deliberately made rather bland, with the idea that just about all seasoning can be added when used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvT9eNgnXCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQvmTnlt_xg
  • parityanimal
    How to make a pumpkin roll for Thanksgiving!

Turn it on its side and push it down a hill.
  • parityanimal
    Well, I have made a garlic and herb cream cheese cracker spread/dip for appetizer, and also have the option of little Florentine quiches if I decide I want a second appetizer. And made reduced carb cranberry sauce from whole berries.

Tomorrow will be the making of the dressing and the casserole, baking of the same, warming of the meats, browning of the rolls, making gravy, and perhaps mashed cauliflower. Then if I really feel it necessary for another vegetable I can steam the French cut, stringless green beans.

• parityanimal
    Baking a veggie lasagna tonight for dinner (picked up at Aldi today) and some garlic cheese toast (picked up at Aldi today) will go with it. There may be leftovers...still haven't decided for sure whether Thanksgiving dinner will be early afternoon or a bit later in the early evening. Depends on how I feel tomorrow, though I usually do the early afternoon thing.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Later Post!
    Saw things I didn't see this morning, and Ed updated us on his dinner, and threw in some vegan 'meats' for me.
    Wowzza! :)

You all take better care of my health than my family does.

No, I won't challenge my DIL..I'll just grumble a bit/ a lot. Someday it will dawn on her...probably a few years after I'm dead. And her attitude is why I do not invite them to my house to eat. Although I may try another time or two, as the kids are now older and 'almost' eat like people. Inviting them, the kids, & Ted to dinner was like opening night at a new restaurant. Meat for Jack, hold the carbs for Jenn, kids were little tots and didn't like anything...Ted was vegetarian....(and I wasn't at the time.) I hated it. 6 people and 5 different menu's....

Yes, Roger, I will eat at home before Ted and I leave for DS and DIL's home. Ted said on the phone today that he was bringing a pumpkin pie. So, if I'm quick I may get a slice of that, if not I'll eat one of his delicious apple pies with that Whipped Dessert Topping that he found. Made from Almond Milk...bound to be good! Yes, Roger, sometimes I lapse back to my vegetarian days for special occasions. I will NOT compromise on meat. No flesh. I will sometimes bend the rules on egg, try not to consume dairy. But as is the case of the pumpkin pie..well.....
    I'm still way better than 80/20% Like I said, Vegetarian some days, special days.

Costco vitamins. I'm a little miffed at Costco's vitamins...they have a new buyer? maybe? 400 mg Calcium with magnesium and zinc...has become Kirkland Calcium with no Magnesium or zinc, and the Ca at a much higher amount. Not what I wanted...so it now comes from Walmart, Kroger, or Publix... same is true for several other supplements that I take at least sometimes. I noticed the vit. D 3 has really jacked up the mg's. Did you know that sunshine will cause you to produce the D vitamin, (really a hormone we have learned) and the D3 is the synthetic form of Vit D..I did not know that until a few months ago. We are going to chemically kill ourselves there is no doubt in my mind anymore.

Ah, Fried Alligator...(all gators should be fried) Jack and I happened on a very small Bar and Grill (aptly named Alligator Grill) on Hilton Head Island at least 16 + years ago. We threw caution to the wind, and each got fried gator....IT was SO good!!! And then they moved to another location, bigger, and the food went downhill. Sad.

Ok, I can hear Scrabble calling me...new game, same sad story.

Tom's curled up on his red afghan, and I'm soon to be tucked into my warm little bed myself.

Later...Don't forget to dig Alice's Restaurant out of you computer memory banks, and WRK Radio...Thanksgiving clip...if for no other reason to hear "with God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly'. My holiday fav's.

Later...

• RogerToo
    Hi
    Second Day today, Follow this link to see the status post and news links.
    The first time You may need to go to the last page and then go to the last post. If You read yesterday it should lead to the latest post.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10396486/100-challenge-mon-5-23-to-until-join-anytime#latest

Please leave feedback, Thanks

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    nKLjia.jpg

1BlsDK.gif

KJjGJN.jpg

AlfVEI.gif

1LDCpW.jpg

KoeDVO.gif

Qbtwaw.gif

kQGUEb.gif
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 5C/41F with an expected high of 14F/57F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls. Cats and I have been fed, and there is no laundry to put away. I decided to make whole berry cranberry sauce and will try making it sweetened with Stevia if I can. I picked up a bag of cranberries while we were at Publix yesterday.

I guess I can make the cranberry sauce today, and perhaps a garlic and herb cream cheese spread for an appetizer, to be served with crackers. I could, if there's room in the fridge, go ahead and make some mashed cauliflower, though that really won't take long to whip up in the kitchen tomorrow, nor will the green vegetable, whichever one I choose. I may omit the green vegetable anyway since there would be broccoli in the casserole I plan to make, and it is a green vegetable.

I guess I will warm the meats tomorrow, baking the dressing (have to make it first!) and the casserole (have to make that first too) at the same time, and browning the rolls at the last minute.

And I guess I should take the cheesecake out of the freezer to thaw in the refrigerator today too. Let me go do that now!
    Just in case you ever wanted to know THE TRUTH about Pop Tarts...
    The Truth about pop tarts is that they are sweet tasting and poor nutrition IMO.
    5 foods you may not have known originated in America.
    Sounds interesting to me.
    I may have to try this for Christmas...Thai Tea Pie.
    Before I watch this I wonder if the Thai Tea is in the crust or what looks like Pumpkin Pie or Sweet Potato Pie filling.
    Why You MUST Try Native American Cuisine
    Maybe, maybe not.
    And for Val, here are two more, quite similar, recipes for vegan "meat" crumbles. One sounds more flavorful from the start, and the other is deliberately made rather bland, with the idea that just about all seasoning can be added when used.
    Interesting looking but I think I shall stick to the real thing, if I were making the foods that use a meat crumble, I don't make them so...
    I would use hamburger crumble two ways, One in sloppy joe mix and the other where I add ketchup, relish and depending on mood shredded cheese so I can scoop out a big spoonful to heat as the filling in a sandwich using regular bread.
    Well, I have made a garlic and herb cream cheese cracker spread/dip for appetizer, and also have the option of little Florentine quiches if I decide I want a second appetizer. And made reduced carb cranberry sauce from whole berries.

Tomorrow will be the making of the dressing and the casserole, baking of the same, warming of the meats, browning of the rolls, making gravy, and perhaps mashed cauliflower. Then if I really feel it necessary for another vegetable I can steam the French cut, stringless green beans.
    I am curious, Did You make a No cook Cranberry sauce or the cooked type ? Orange Zest or juice with pulp or ?

Browning of the rolls, I suppose we could find some sort of brown and serve rolls at the local convenience store or this morning from the Grocery store before they close early.
    Baking a veggie lasagna tonight for dinner (picked up at Aldi today) and some garlic cheese toast (picked up at Aldi today) will go with it. There may be leftovers...still haven't decided for sure whether Thanksgiving dinner will be early afternoon or a bit later in the early evening. Depends on how I feel tomorrow, though I usually do the early afternoon thing.
    Frozen veggie Lasagna or something being heated from a hot food bar ?
    I would not have thought that Garlic Cheese Toast would be hard to make from scratch. The ones I have tried from the local Pizza places have all been something I would not reorder so...
    How to make a pumpkin roll for Thanksgiving!

Turn it on its side and push it down a hill.

I like that one.

Have a Great Holiday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2018
    Later Post!
    Saw things I didn't see this morning, and Ed updated us on his dinner, and threw in some vegan 'meats' for me.
    Wowzza! :)

You all take better care of my health than my family does.

No, I won't challenge my DIL..I'll just grumble a bit/ a lot. Someday it will dawn on her...probably a few years after I'm dead. And her attitude is why I do not invite them to my house to eat. Although I may try another time or two, as the kids are now older and 'almost' eat like people. Inviting them, the kids, & Ted to dinner was like opening night at a new restaurant. Meat for Jack, hold the carbs for Jenn, kids were little tots and didn't like anything...Ted was vegetarian....(and I wasn't at the time.) I hated it. 6 people and 5 different menu's....
    Hi Valerie
    5 different menus, Yikes. Being a bit of a curmudgeon I would just serve what I liked and they could eat it or go hungry. I would accommodate someone that had Celiacs or a real need for health reasons.

We had a Christmas Family dinner back before most every family member left NJ. Mom made a delicious Ham and all kinds of fixings. One Person that was on a fat free diet brought water pack tuna, and Matzohs which evidently have no fat and refused to touch anything on the table, That seemed sad to me. One slice of Ham would not make her arteries instantly clog up, nor would Mashed potatoes that had been mashed with butter and cream. Her loss, our more leftovers for us.
    Yes, Roger, I will eat at home before Ted and I leave for DS and DIL's home. Ted said on the phone today that he was bringing a pumpkin pie. So, if I'm quick I may get a slice of that, if not I'll eat one of his delicious apple pies with that Whipped Dessert Topping that he found. Made from Almond Milk...bound to be good! Yes, Roger, sometimes I lapse back to my vegetarian days for special occasions. I will NOT compromise on meat. No flesh. I will sometimes bend the rules on egg, try not to consume dairy. But as is the case of the pumpkin pie..well.....
    I'm still way better than 80/20% Like I said, Vegetarian some days, special days.
    I could not get by with no eggs or dairy, Meat probably although if I smell bacon cooking, instant cravings.

I am guessing that Cool Whip does not do it for you as a topping ? In my bad old days years ago I could pull a container out of the freeze and eat it like a frozen desert :blush:
    Like You said Pumpkin Pie and it is Thanksgiving. The recipe my brother followed used Brown Sugar, spices and salt, whipped by hand eggs and a can of Bordens.
    Costco vitamins. I'm a little miffed at Costco's vitamins...they have a new buyer? maybe? 400 mg Calcium with magnesium and zinc...has become Kirkland Calcium with no Magnesium or zinc, and the Ca at a much higher amount. Not what I wanted...so it now comes from Walmart, Kroger, or Publix... same is true for several other supplements that I take at least sometimes. I noticed the vit. D 3 has really jacked up the mg's. Did you know that sunshine will cause you to produce the D vitamin, (really a hormone we have learned) and the D3 is the synthetic form of Vit D..I did not know that until a few months ago. We are going to chemically kill ourselves there is no doubt in my mind anymore.
    I have not looked at the CostCo Vitamins recently as they last a long time in the quantities they sell in. My Guess based on Your observations are that they switched Suppliers, not unheard of for them. Example in the past they switched from Hebrew National Hot Dogs in the Hot food section to someone else so they could keep the price for a 1/4 pound hot dog with soda the same and they still taste good so they found a decent supplier. I also like(d) their Chicken bake and I seem to remember seeing them uncooked in the frozen foods section.

I did know that Vitamin D is produced in the body by Sunshine. Not so good for parts of Alaska with the period of no sun and today the way some kids seem to shun going outdoors to play.
    Ah, Fried Alligator...(all gators should be fried) Jack and I happened on a very small Bar and Grill (aptly named Alligator Grill) on Hilton Head Island at least 16 + years ago. We threw caution to the wind, and each got fried gator....IT was SO good!!! And then they moved to another location, bigger, and the food went downhill. Sad.

Ok, I can hear Scrabble calling me...new game, same sad story.

Tom's curled up on his red afghan, and I'm soon to be tucked into my warm little bed myself.

Later...Don't forget to dig Alice's Restaurant out of you computer memory banks, and WRK Radio...Thanksgiving clip...if for no other reason to hear "with God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly'. My holiday fav's.

Later...
    That is nothing new, many eateries do not survive with the same foods when they do that, sadly.

You can find Alice's Restaurant on You tube if Nowhere else.

The WKRP Turkey show is classic. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR6yA59LcRQ

Have a Good Thanksgiving
    Roger

P.S. it is only the farmed Turkeys that can not fly I seem to remember that wild Turkeys fly quite well if they need to. It is the ones that have been bred to have huge breast that can't.