Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,210 Member
    There's a Nutella Cafe??? I know I don't need to eat there, but just HAVE to watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuzzzL_98H4
  • parityanimal
    Three course meal, made in a coffee maker? Now that would be desperation cooking, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Jlofn3qZI
  • parityanimal
    While I am interested in seeing this grill perform, I can answer the question without actually watching. I do NOT NEED this $1300 grill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZVfc9r7Bqk
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hey!! It really is Sunday today! May get my internal calendar back on track! Or, at least I can hope it will.
    Roger, you mentioned that Tom E. thinks I'm his servant. LOL! Yes he does! He has believed for years that he is the Alpha Cat, and he really did 'lord over' his siblings. Now that they are gone...and even before that actually, he equated me as one of his 'subjects'...Pride. Well, Tom ole boy...not so much.
    He went out this morning, and I've not seen him since. But am sure he'll show up later this afternoon. :)

Yes, the 'juice' from a can of garbanzo beans is the Aquafaba that I mentioned days earlier. Everything I read said you needed a heavy duty stand mixer...but last can I opened I poured a bit of the bean liquid into a suitable bowl, and used a hand whip/whisk and got a fairly stable foam very quickly. So I think my little hand mixer would probably make some. The up side of it is, fat free, and practically flavorless, so sugar, or cinnamon, or vanilla powder, honey powder, etc would all 'work' depending what you wanted, or needed. Oh, also, once you've paid Kroger the $1.00 for the can of Organic garbanzo beans, the resulting liquid is 'free'. I think I mentioned that I"ve started using it on veg's I'm going to roast instead of EVOO. Works nicely.

I haven't watched the meal in a coffee maker. I've know peeps who make oatmeal in a motel room coffee pot, but that's nearly too easy...coffee maker makes hot water, pour over instant oats==Oatmeal. (bring your own spoon).

Ok, I've got a couple things going, and need to tend to them, so gonna sign off for right now...
    Oh, watched Emmy with the little fruit that looks like mini watermelon. First time I saw those they were at the Dekalb farmers market. Had NO idea what they were, nor could I find anyone who knew..or knew what to do with them. So, I only bought a couple, and then never ate them in an overabundance of caution!

OK. Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again nothing found. The Temperature out the door was 42 degrees. There is rain in the forecast for late this morning or early afternoon into the evening hours.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/climate-change-global-warming-earth-cooling-media-bias/
    Don't Tell Anyone, But We Just Had Two Years Of Record-Breaking Global Cooling

https://www.studyfinds.org/survey-texting-source-daily-stress-third-people/
    Survey: Texting A Daily Source Of Stress For A Third Of People
    Research shows that vanishing mid-conversation frustrates people the most, followed by poor grammar

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/flooded-ancient-ruins-coast-spain-13597825
    Flooded ancient ruins off the coast of Spain 'could be lost city of Atlantis'
    The location of the mysterious lost city of Atlantis may finally have been discovered

https://moneywise.com/a/ch-b/people-cant-flee-these-us-cities-fast-enough?t=The American Cities Where People Just Don't Want To Live Anymore&utm_campaign=1513041&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=Desktop&utm_term=tmg-mirror&utm_content=134861218
    The American Cities Where People Just Don't Want To Live Anymore

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7817280/mh370-pilots-killed-instantly-after-fire-started-in-cargo-hold-and-flames-engulfed-plane/
    FLIGHT BLAZE MH370 pilots ‘killed instantly after fire started in cargo hold and flames engulfed plane’
    Ross Aimer believes lithium-ion batteries in the cargo hold of the plane ignited and started a blaze

https://business.financialpost.com/business-insider/people-in-sweden-are-hiding-cash-in-their-microwaves-because-of-a-fascinating-and-terrifying-economic-experiment
    People in Sweden are hiding cash in their microwaves because of a fascinating — and terrifying — economic experiment
    Sweden may become the first country where citizens may have to swallow negative interest rates or be forced to spend their money in order to 'save' it from those rates. Find out why

https://moneywise.com/a/signs-that-its-time-to-quit-your-job
    The Telltale Signs That It's Time to Quit Your Job
    Here's how any worker can know it's time to blow this Popsicle stand.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    GzdNYN.jpg

W3eS8g.gif

Eq9Tuq.jpg

PnKNnT.gif

qut65u.jpg
    Monday Greeting

6qmnwY.gif

AaiwyW.jpg

gbbmhU.gif
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 6C/43F with an expected high of 15C/60F and 0% chance of precipitation. It is pretty foggy out there right now, with a lot of condensation on things, especially cool, metal things like vehicles.

Breakfast finished off the last of the open chunk of ham. The remaining chunk of ham hasn't even been opened from its vacuum/shrink wrap and is smaller. It will be sandwiches and/or ham and eggs this week. Maybe a little of both, but I really love ham and eggs so that may be a few breakfasts to finish off the ham.

The remaining turkey (and that last bit of cornbread dressing) will either be today's lunch or supper and then I'm finished with dressing until at least Christmas, if not sometime next year. I may save the rest of the stuffing crumbs for roasting a chicken sometime in the spring.
    Hi Ed
    Things were fairly dry outside this morning, I expect that to change later. OTOH if the Weather forecasts are accurate I expect that tomorrow when I go walking it will be more or less the same if a bit cooler than this morning.

The Ham should stay nice in the Vacuum pack, AKA Cryovac pack. I have some turkey in the refrigerator for use later today, I also put some of the gravy in with it. Then Tomorrow I need to look in the freezer section to see what protein to pull for use Tuesday, Maybe Ham Slices or Ham ends, or Roast Beef or a Patty Melt. I have all of them in the freezer section waiting to be defrosted.

All the other leftovers beyond the turkey are either vacuum sealed and frozen or eaten :blush:
    RogerToo wrote: »

Paw Print is something I would not do TBH. I think it would make me sad when I looked at it, It is tough enough when memory of someone I Knew passed.

I am curious why the paw print needs baking, I would think until that happens it is easy to ruin and becomes fragile after the baking ?
    J wanted it. We actually have the ashes from our first cat, in a small, wooden urn, that sits on the mantle over the fireplace, with a small bit of her fur and (I think I remember) one of her small, favorite toys. I may be wrong about the toy. I'm with you. Just thinking of her as I type now makes me sad. I didn't want the ashes but J did. She was his special pet, of the cats we had at that time.

As the years passed, and we had to let more pets cross the rainbow bridge, I was happy enough to know that their ashes would be sprinkled over some lovely flower gardens. I didn't want, and J didn't press for it, to collect all these little urns of ashes and carry them around with us wherever we moved to over the years.

I didn't even know, then, that paw prints were an option, and it wasn't mentioned to us, so it may not have been an option until recently. I'm not sure I'd have wanted them, honestly.

When Ariel passed on, they asked, as always, if we wanted her ashes but also pointed out that a paw print was an option. So J requested the paw print. We weren't sure how that would work, expecting perhaps a paw print in clay, pre-engraved with her birth and death dates, and ready to put away or display.

It turns out that the paw print arrives, carefully delivered in a fairly stiff paperboard bag, as JUST a paw print, in slightly soft clay, that needs to be baked (only about 20 minutes at 275F), after adding your own engravings of choice. J used a toothpick to put Ariel's name and the years of birth and death, and then we baked the footprint. The same for Oliver, though in his case it was just the one year, 2018.

I expect he'll want paw prints on any pet that we lose now, and that's fine. He puts them in a keepsake box and only rarely takes them out to peruse. He did, last night, take out Ariel's print to reminisce. I didn't participate in that viewing, as he had put it away before I got into the room. He was viewing it shortly after receipt of Oliver's paw print, but before engraving or baking it.

So we have physical mementos of three of the six pets that we have lost, and only memories of the other three.
    I think I would prefer ashes spread TBH, I know I would not want urns with the ashes in them in the house. Thanks for the additional information.
    RogerToo wrote: »

Are You paying a premium for the thighs being boneless.
    I'm pretty sure one always pays a premium for them being boneless.

I am also pretty sure one would get a bit more meat for the price, buying bone-in, but since I don't actually know how much of the weight is bone and how much is meat, not to mention skin, as the bone-in thighs generally have skin too, so it might not be all that much more meat after all. For fried chicken for me, I like the skin. Sometimes I think it's the best part!
    I have no idea what if any net difference there is. The only way to test would be to take some bone in, debone it, weigh it and compute the price per pound.

I like Crispy Skin too. Lightly Breaded with a flour or Corn Starch or maybe a beer batter.
    Fried chicken AND crispy potatoes. Who could want more?
    The One think I would want that might be considered more would be for them to be somehow Low Carb :smiley:
    That fruit looks like a watermelon married a Brussels Sprout and they had a love child. Let's see what Emmy thought of it.
    That's a fruit ?
    There's a Nutella Cafe??? I know I don't need to eat there, but just HAVE to watch this.
    Since I tried Nutella and didn't care for it I also would not eat there either.
    Three course meal, made in a coffee maker? Now that would be desperation cooking, I think.
    I have seen Chefs have to cook in or on weird household items such as a Curling Iron or Clothes Iron on the TV show Cutthroat Kitchen as one of the challenges.
    While I am interested in seeing this grill perform, I can answer the question without actually watching. I do NOT NEED this $1300 grill.
    I shall also be watching but there is no way I would even pay a tenth of that for a Grill.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hey!! It really is Sunday today! May get my internal calendar back on track! Or, at least I can hope it will.
    Roger, you mentioned that Tom E. thinks I'm his servant. LOL! Yes he does! He has believed for years that he is the Alpha Cat, and he really did 'lord over' his siblings. Now that they are gone...and even before that actually, he equated me as one of his 'subjects'...Pride. Well, Tom ole boy...not so much.
    He went out this morning, and I've not seen him since. But am sure he'll show up later this afternoon. :)

Yes, the 'juice' from a can of garbanzo beans is the Aquafaba that I mentioned days earlier. Everything I read said you needed a heavy duty stand mixer...but last can I opened I poured a bit of the bean liquid into a suitable bowl, and used a hand whip/whisk and got a fairly stable foam very quickly. So I think my little hand mixer would probably make some. The up side of it is, fat free, and practically flavorless, so sugar, or cinnamon, or vanilla powder, honey powder, etc would all 'work' depending what you wanted, or needed. Oh, also, once you've paid Kroger the $1.00 for the can of Organic garbanzo beans, the resulting liquid is 'free'. I think I mentioned that I"ve started using it on veg's I'm going to roast instead of EVOO. Works nicely.
    Hi Valerie
    Lucky You, neither Saturday or Sunday felt like the day they really were, Possibly due to Thanksgiving.

There is nothing wrong with using every last bit of a purchase rather than waste it.
    I haven't watched the meal in a coffee maker. I've know peeps who make oatmeal in a motel room coffee pot, but that's nearly too easy...coffee maker makes hot water, pour over instant oats==Oatmeal. (bring your own spoon).

Ok, I've got a couple things going, and need to tend to them, so gonna sign off for right now...
    Oh, watched Emmy with the little fruit that looks like mini watermelon. First time I saw those they were at the Dekalb farmers market. Had NO idea what they were, nor could I find anyone who knew..or knew what to do with them. So, I only bought a couple, and then never ate them in an overabundance of caution!

OK. Later...
    Something I had not thought of, but that hot water should work to make many instant type things.

Were those little fruits expensive ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 10C/50F with an expected high of 11C/50F (Hey, I just report what it says...) and 0% chance of precipitation. I guess 50F must be right on the change over from 10C to 11C but still don't see how 10C can become 11C without any apparent change in temperature. But maybe that's why I'm not a weatherman.

Might get out some today, but might not. Lilo got me out of bed obscenely early today so I am already on my third mug of tea. Well, most of my third mug anyway.

The good news is that the younger female cats are definitely playing with Orion, the kitten, now and they didn't spill ALL of my mug of tea, just maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of it when they chased each other across the kitchen table, probably splashing hot tea on themselves, as well as all over the middle of the table.

Surprisingly, the tea mug wasn't overturned and wasn't even pushed off the coaster it was sitting on, though that sandstone coaster, another one nearby, and two of the placemats had to be removed, wiped off, and set aside to dry, and then all the tea on the table had to be cleaned up. I used a few paper towels and I can tell you it would have taken more than half a Bounty!

Surprisingly, they don't seem to have splashed tea on the napkin holder full of napkins, or not enough to really notice anyway, so I didn't have to replace all the napkins, though if I had, I could have used them instead of paper towels.

Needless to say, I wasn't particularly amused at the time, especially as they made enough racket to make me almost drop the cast iron frying pan I was just about to clean in the sink. No doubt I would have dropped it on my foot, if I dropped it at all.

When I turned to see what the racket was and saw the mess I'll admit to uttering *KITTEN* rather loudly. The felines, by this time, were out of sight, as felines tend to be when they know they've messed up and the human isn't going to be pleased.

After I cleaned up the spill, I proceeded to clean my cast iron skillet and then returned to my computer, with the remainders of my third mug (fourth to be brewed shortly now) and here I am!

Since I was up obscenely early (4:30) I decided to unseal and slice that last small chunk of ham, from Thanksgiving, and eat some for breakfast. I fried up enough that I didn't feel the need to have eggs with it, and just had darkly fried ham and buttered sourdough toast for my breakfast. The ham had some nicely browned and almost blackened bits after my frying, just the way I love it.

Here's what's left of the small chunk of ham, which needs to be eaten or frozen within about 5 days. As this is just a small pile, on a dessert plate, I have no doubt I can easily have a sandwich or two from it and a breakfast or two as well. Maybe even a mac and cheese with diced ham for one meal. At any rate, it will all be eaten and probably well before the 5 days. Needless to say, I will be through with ham until Christmas and New Years.

r45dsx74cvac.png
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    J likes cauliflower. I may get some ideas from this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BychJBkhKp4
  • parityanimal
    People try KFC's new chicken and waffles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDej19FsY5o
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2018
    Don't toss out your cold coffee. Eat cake with it! Or pie! Or maybe not...I think I gained 10 pounds just watching this video and dreaming of eating the stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twg_3_His4k
  • parityanimal
    Fun meals and snacks made with bread. Might be fun to try with low carb bread...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH5vPhv-3bQ
  • parityanimal
    Interesting variations on pizza. Even one with a ground meat crust!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pki_4g5SBjs
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    I am late...I am dumbstruck! I quit watching vid's at the leftover coffee video. Did you LOOK at all the eggs? I think the chickens of America should go on strike!! LOL! 11 of the 13 recipe's used eggs. ( 2 were eggless) and 45 cholesterol bombs...er...Eggs! Oh good lord!!! I wondered how much butter, but somebody else will have to watch and tally the butter! LOL!!

HI!!
    Its mostly over cast, windy, etc out...98-99% of the leaves are down from the tree!!! Ted and I decided to wait until at least Thursday or Friday to get them cleared out...(drying time). And once more my neighbors blew the main part of my yard. (they had some big to-do at their house yesterday evening. Lots of cars in the driveway. I'm guessing a televised soccer game, or someones birthday, etc. And so the blew the leaves from both their yard, and mine. Lucky Ted! There's still plenty to do out there though, so not worried we'll get bored!.

Tom E. can't decide what to do today. He's wanted out, and then after about 20 minutes, wanted back in...can't say I blame him. He wants something to eat, maybe, but then doesn't eat it. Poor cat. Right now he's in nap mode.

I do need to go out though to the grocery...am totally out of apples, have one banana, and need more grapes too. I have dinner cooked and in the refrigerator And a couple bags of frozen veg. Rice cooked should last thru Thursday. So, I'm good except for fruit. Gotta have my fruit or I'll pout.

Almost have my decorations for Christmas lined up. Will not decorate until Dec. 1st. Well, maybe Friday the 30th of Nov. :) All I have to 'get' is some greenery from around my yard. That shouldn't take long, and will yield a nice selection.

For now I really need to talk myself into going out the door into the garage, and get in my car! I don't wanna!!! But the thought of not having any fruit after my last banana tomorrow will drive me out the door. Probably not til the last minute though!!!

Roger asked if the little 'fruity fruits' that look like micro watermelon were expensive? I don't really recall. It was at least 30 years ago at the DeKalb Farmers Market. :) And the cartoon, 'Re-installing Scotland' first made me laugh, then it dawned on me they were probably referring to Brexit. So maybe not so funny after all.

I want to watch the Cauliflower video. I'm in no hurry to make fake rice out of cauliflower, but the whole head that was roasted sounds good...and the other 2 I'll have to watch carefully..I may like those. YEARS and years ago cauliflower mashed potatoes were very much on the internet...I hated it. Watery, bland, just totally disgusting, (and I LIKE cauliflower).. because of that, the riced cauliflower just doesn't appeal...
    What a wake up from the 'kittens' Ed. And it could have been SO much worse. I'll bet they were all 3 scarce for awhile!! Tom E does that...not get on the table, but disappear if he's done something he shouldn't have done. Like little kids!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    6dT1WP.jpg

8LVXug.gif

mbb7WC.jpg

iDHU8e.gif

1tY72I.jpg
    Ready for Christmas

fas018.gif

rZ64K1.jpg
    Counterclockwise, I had to look twice to get it :blush:

Nw6xIo.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again nothing found. The Temperature out the door was 42 degrees. The rain in the forecast for yesterday afternoon into the evening hours arrived and departed on schedule. I walked through a park and the brook was running over its banks.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/2018/11/23/german-shepherd-smells-gas-saves-longneck-familys-life/2081365002/
    German shepherd smells gas, saves Long Neck family

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-asked-police-in-spain-to-intervene-warehouse-strike-2018-11
    Amazon reportedly left police in Spain 'dumbfounded' by asking them to intervene in a mass warehouse strike and patrol worker productivity

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/nov/24/mps-seize-cache-facebook-internal-papers
    Parliament seizes cache of Facebook internal papers
    Documents alleged to contain revelations on data and privacy controls that led to Cambridge Analytica scandal

Scary IMO
    https://pjmedia.com/trending/google-reveals-plans-to-monitor-our-moods-our-movements-and-our-childrens-behavior/
    Google Reveals Plans to Monitor Our Moods, Our Movements, and Our Children's Behavior at Home

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/news/2018/11/24/dallas-woman-dead-after-botched-nose-job-mexico
    Dallas woman dead after trying to get cheap nose job in Mexico

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 10C/50F with an expected high of 11C/50F (Hey, I just report what it says...) and 0% chance of precipitation. I guess 50F must be right on the change over from 10C to 11C but still don't see how 10C can become 11C without any apparent change in temperature. But maybe that's why I'm not a weatherman.

Might get out some today, but might not. Lilo got me out of bed obscenely early today so I am already on my third mug of tea. Well, most of my third mug anyway.

The good news is that the younger female cats are definitely playing with Orion, the kitten, now and they didn't spill ALL of my mug of tea, just maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of it when they chased each other across the kitchen table, probably splashing hot tea on themselves, as well as all over the middle of the table.

Surprisingly, the tea mug wasn't overturned and wasn't even pushed off the coaster it was sitting on, though that sandstone coaster, another one nearby, and two of the placemats had to be removed, wiped off, and set aside to dry, and then all the tea on the table had to be cleaned up. I used a few paper towels and I can tell you it would have taken more than half a Bounty!
    Hi Ed
    You doubt the power of the "Quicker Picker Upper" :wink:

Accidents that could cause a spill are why I like a boat coffee cup. The wide base and narrow top help prevent tip-overs.
    jilCyb.jpg

It sounds as if Orion is integrating into Your Household quickly.

Tea, I have to have my coffee not tea. If I want tea I'll brew it in the Coffee maker using a filter with tea leaves.

The Ounce vs Grams accuracy is why I weigh my foods in grams :smiley: Likely Your temperature readings are something similar.
    Surprisingly, they don't seem to have splashed tea on the napkin holder full of napkins, or not enough to really notice anyway, so I didn't have to replace all the napkins, though if I had, I could have used them instead of paper towels.

Needless to say, I wasn't particularly amused at the time, especially as they made enough racket to make me almost drop the cast iron frying pan I was just about to clean in the sink. No doubt I would have dropped it on my foot, if I dropped it at all.

When I turned to see what the racket was and saw the mess I'll admit to uttering *KITTEN* rather loudly. The felines, by this time, were out of sight, as felines tend to be when they know they've messed up and the human isn't going to be pleased.

After I cleaned up the spill, I proceeded to clean my cast iron skillet and then returned to my computer, with the remainders of my third mug (fourth to be brewed shortly now) and here I am!
    As You said, why waste the napkins if they had been splashed and had dry areas, I am frugal too.

When I drop something it always seems to land in the worst spot and messy side down too.
    Since I was up obscenely early (4:30) I decided to unseal and slice that last small chunk of ham, from Thanksgiving, and eat some for breakfast. I fried up enough that I didn't feel the need to have eggs with it, and just had darkly fried ham and buttered sourdough toast for my breakfast. The ham had some nicely browned and almost blackened bits after my frying, just the way I love it.

Here's what's left of the small chunk of ham, which needs to be eaten or frozen within about 5 days. As this is just a small pile, on a dessert plate, I have no doubt I can easily have a sandwich or two from it and a breakfast or two as well. Maybe even a mac and cheese with diced ham for one meal. At any rate, it will all be eaten and probably well before the 5 days. Needless to say, I will be through with ham until Christmas and New Years.
    4:30 isn't that bad, I say that as I woke up at 3AM and never managed to fall back asleep so out the door I went early. Luckily I had enough coffee left over from yesterday that I MW'd it and saved my money.

I like my ham browned and crispy too, OTOH for breakfast I like it chopped into a cheese omelet or as slices as a part of Ham and Eggs. I like cold ham or Browned Ham in a sandwich, The Cold gets Mayo or Miracle Whip on the bread and the browned hams bread gets Buttered.

Mac and Cheese does not sound that good to me. I also have to wonder why the Chinese Takeout sold in the ShopRite Grocery Store calls their Pork Fried Rice Pork Fried when it has Ham in it and not what I consider as Pork in Chinese Takeout.
    J likes cauliflower. I may get some ideas from this one.
    I like Cauliflower too, However I like it cooked, Raw or in a cream sauce.
    People try KFC's new chicken and waffles.
    Once I watch it I may have the answer to my mental question, That being are the waffles cooked for each order or Delivered frozen and heated ?
    Don't toss out your cold coffee. Eat cake with it! Or pie! Or maybe not...I think I gained 10 pounds just watching this video and dreaming of eating the stuff...
    I put on enough weight with the Holiday foods, Thus I shall not be eating anything from what looks like a calorie laden food item in the video.
    Fun meals and snacks made with bread. Might be fun to try with low carb bread...
    Hmm... Even the low carb bread available here has both Total Carbs and Net carbs, Guess which one is in big letters on the wrapper. However it does look like something I might like since I like Bread even if it does not like me.
    Interesting variations on pizza. Even one with a ground meat crust!
    I wonder if one of those is a Pizza Pot Pie made like a Chicken Pot Pie.
    Is it Bad to Use Liquid Measuring Cups to Measure Dry Ingredients?
    To me a one cup measure is a one cup measure whether Wet or Dry.

As always I shall be watching the videos later, Thanks for posting them
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I am late...I am dumbstruck! I quit watching vid's at the leftover coffee video. Did you LOOK at all the eggs? I think the chickens of America should go on strike!! LOL! 11 of the 13 recipe's used eggs. ( 2 were eggless) and 45 cholesterol bombs...er...Eggs! Oh good lord!!! I wondered how much butter, but somebody else will have to watch and tally the butter! LOL!!

HI!!
    Its mostly over cast, windy, etc out...98-99% of the leaves are down from the tree!!! Ted and I decided to wait until at least Thursday or Friday to get them cleared out...(drying time). And once more my neighbors blew the main part of my yard. (they had some big to-do at their house yesterday evening. Lots of cars in the driveway. I'm guessing a televised soccer game, or someones birthday, etc. And so the blew the leaves from both their yard, and mine. Lucky Ted! There's still plenty to do out there though, so not worried we'll get bored!.

Tom E. can't decide what to do today. He's wanted out, and then after about 20 minutes, wanted back in...can't say I blame him. He wants something to eat, maybe, but then doesn't eat it. Poor cat. Right now he's in nap mode.
    Hi Valerie
    I seem to remember that eggs are now supposed to be not to bad in moderation. Butter is tasty to me and I do use some and have started adding salt to taste this year. BTW am I the only one that lightly salts their Pizza, The NS ones have a nice crispy crust but a light salting makes them even better. IMO people's cholesterol reading are more of a impacted based on their genetics based on observations of family by marriages readings despite medicine and diet.

Every little bit helps when it comes to fallen leaves. We just rake and bag them.

Your cat seems a bit indecisive, OTOH some if not most could be weather related ?
    I do need to go out though to the grocery...am totally out of apples, have one banana, and need more grapes too. I have dinner cooked and in the refrigerator And a couple bags of frozen veg. Rice cooked should last thru Thursday. So, I'm good except for fruit. Gotta have my fruit or I'll pout.

Almost have my decorations for Christmas lined up. Will not decorate until Dec. 1st. Well, maybe Friday the 30th of Nov. :) All I have to 'get' is some greenery from around my yard. That shouldn't take long, and will yield a nice selection.

For now I really need to talk myself into going out the door into the garage, and get in my car! I don't wanna!!! But the thought of not having any fruit after my last banana tomorrow will drive me out the door. Probably not til the last minute though!!!

Roger asked if the little 'fruity fruits' that look like micro watermelon were expensive? I don't really recall. It was at least 30 years ago at the DeKalb Farmers Market. :) And the cartoon, 'Re-installing Scotland' first made me laugh, then it dawned on me they were probably referring to Brexit. So maybe not so funny after all.
    The fruits (Fruit) I have on hand at the moment is the homemade Cranberry Sauce, It has some Orange Juice and Sugar, It is still nicely tart and I am being careful to only eat a little bit as Desert with my main meal. I do sort of want to get out to the grocery store tomorrow for some big seedless red grapes. The downside to going there would be all the tempting ready to eat foods.

I Put the lighted Christmas Theme lights in the Picture Window, They do light up the room at night too. I still need to hang the wreath on the front door and that will be that for decorating until we put up the tree.

As a card carrying member of the Procrastinators I would likely wait until the last piece of fruit was gone.

The Scotland one made me chuckle, I had not connected it as possibly relating to Brexit.
    I want to watch the Cauliflower video. I'm in no hurry to make fake rice out of cauliflower, but the whole head that was roasted sounds good...and the other 2 I'll have to watch carefully..I may like those. YEARS and years ago cauliflower mashed potatoes were very much on the internet...I hated it. Watery, bland, just totally disgusting, (and I LIKE cauliflower).. because of that, the riced cauliflower just doesn't appeal...
    What a wake up from the 'kittens' Ed. And it could have been SO much worse. I'll bet they were all 3 scarce for awhile!! Tom E does that...not get on the table, but disappear if he's done something he shouldn't have done. Like little kids!!

Later...
    Have You tried a Cauliflower Steak yet ? Used as anything that ends up watery does not sound like anything I would eat more than a taste of.

The worst would be if Tom E disappears and You do not know what he did yet :wink:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger