Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! -1C/31F with an expected high of 5C/40F and 0% chance of precipitation.

Probably need to get out to the store today. And of course, I need to feed the cats and clean yesterday's cat bowls. I've had my breakfast, in which I finished off the ham, with an egg and a slice of sourdough toast. I also had a ham sandwich for lunch yesterday.

RogerToo wrote: »
    I also have to wonder why the Chinese Takeout sold in the ShopRite Grocery Store calls their Pork Fried Rice Pork Fried when it has Ham in it and not what I consider as Pork in Chinese Takeout.

I think some restaurants use twice cooked pork for the pork fried rice. Twice cooked pork is actually made from pork belly and will look more like ham or bacon than the pork they use in other dishes. Or they may just use chopped ham, but I think twice cooked pork is more likely. Of course, ham IS, technically, pork. :wink:

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    What ice cream looks like in 7 countries around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCgiNZ9f2Pw
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Lasagna style potato bake - Vegan recipe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpvmXMANAMc
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Tom and I had our respective breakfasts...and I'm drinking a cup of turmeric and ginger tea!
    Windy...may get out of the 30's from 4-6 oclock..whoopie! More freezing weather tomorrow coming also. YUCK!

Its laundry day and other assorted chores.

The vegan potato lasagna looked pretty good!! Haven't made any cheese sauce in quite awhile...I think I may do that today as well.

Somebody asked:
    Liquid measuring cups indicate that 1 cup = 8 ounces. But what they really mean is 1 cup of liquid = 8 fluid ounces. For dry measurements, the rules change. Because dry ingredients vary greatly in weight, you can't rely on the same conversion. Dry ingredients measured for cakes, should be measured in in a measuring cup and the top leveled. So say the old HomeEc. teacher.

Eggs are great for breakfast as compared to ummmm, Poptarts, or Snicker bars! These headline grabbers are much less than honest. As my mentor would say, ""People Love To Hear Good News About Their Bad Habits" Eggs still come with all their baggage sorry to say. Roger, (?) suggested Moderation...just what the heck is 'Moderation' I eat 2 cups of cooked rice a day...is that moderation? (I hear you saying no....but you see it IS moderation for me)...If I go back to smoking, maybe only on Sunday Afternoons...is that moderation? Or alcohol...how much alcohol can be considered moderate? Does that change if someone is an alcoholic?
    Ok, rant over...

I'm going to clean up and cut in half my Brussels Sprouts today...because I have some, because I like them, and because roasting in the oven heats up my kitchen and dining room!!! :)

Oh, the weather is on the noon news....wind 16 mph, gusting to 26 mph...our wind chills are below freezing. Tom went out for about half hour, he's now in the front room sleeping!

I need to check my tire pressures...the little light is on...I KNOW it is because of the cold temps, but will most likely put a bit of air into each one and see how that works.
    Some brilliant southerner was found to have several Vipers, and a Cobra...caged, but in a child's home. Lovely. (its illegal to own those snakes in GA.)

Ok, I need my lunch...banana has worn off!!

Later...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    IyRgz0.jpg

24oRub.gif

nAkTs5.jpg

h1La7J.gif

yYmqYG.jpg

PTti1m.gif

dVc23m.jpg

AldXmX.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again nothing found. The Temperature out the door was 36 degrees. There was a brisk wind blowing that caused wind chill, It did start to drop somewhat by the time I reached my turn around point in the walk.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/26/pilot-fell-asleep-in-the-cockpit-and-missed-runway-by-29-miles-8178158/
    Pilot ‘fell asleep’ in the cockpit and missed runway by 29 miles

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article222181695.html
    Fights break out as Bank of America ATM in Texas keeps spitting out $100 bills
    For about two hours late Sunday night into Monday morning, an ATM near Houston was spitting out $100 bills instead of $20s to people who withdrew cash, according to KTRK.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/us-postal-service-website-flaw-exposed-data-of-60m-users-report
    US Postal Service website flaw exposed data of 60M users: Report

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/744832/lord-of-the-rings-racist-orcs-andy-duncan-jrr-tolkien-usa-uk
    Lord of the Rings is 'RACIST': Author slams books for discriminating against orcs

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/china-s-big-dipper-satellites-challenge-the-dominance-of-gps#gs.Qvn=ZSY
    China Is Building a $9 Billion Rival to the American-Run GPS

https://www.yahoo.com/news/high-tech-toilets-could-soon-141544754.html
    How high-tech toilets could soon be tracking your every movement

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! -1C/31F with an expected high of 5C/40F and 0% chance of precipitation.

Probably need to get out to the store today. And of course, I need to feed the cats and clean yesterday's cat bowls. I've had my breakfast, in which I finished off the ham, with an egg and a slice of sourdough toast. I also had a ham sandwich for lunch yesterday.
    I also have to wonder why the Chinese Takeout sold in the ShopRite Grocery Store calls their Pork Fried Rice Pork Fried when it has Ham in it and not what I consider as Pork in Chinese Takeout.
    I think some restaurants use twice cooked pork for the pork fried rice. Twice cooked pork is actually made from pork belly and will look more like ham or bacon than the pork they use in other dishes. Or they may just use chopped ham, but I think twice cooked pork is more likely. Of course, ham IS, technically, pork. :wink:
    Hi Ed
    I see You are in the deep freeze too, I suspect that is around where my daytime temperatures will end up, possibly in the mid 40s with a wind chill much below that point. I could make a run to the bank to cash a small check that my brother gave me yesterday to reimburse the cost of the dried fruits I bought for him on Amazon on Black Friday.

I could get out to the Grocery Store, Avoiding temptation tells me not to go as there is a Burger King in the Shopping center and they seem to be still pushing 10 Nuggets for $1and I love nuggets, The sauce is not good for me.
    Chicken Nuggets - 10 pc
    Calories 430, Fat 27g, Sodium 780 Carbohydrates, Protein 20, The big problem is the Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce which has only 45 calories per, Total Carbohydrates 11g and the nuggets come with two of them :(

Yesterday we took the Dahlias we dug last week, placed them in a newspaper lined cardboard box with lightly dampened peat moss. Last year we lost some of them as that never happened :( Some of the Gladiolus we dug are jumbos and some of the Cormlets that bloomed this summer put on a decent size. I expect that they will all bloom in the upcoming summer after being planted.

Yesterday evening I pulled a package of sliced ham ends bought cheap at the ShopRite to be used as today's extra protein. Once I open it today I shall see if there is also chunks off of the end as well as slices, They tend to put the best part showing of course as does any store.

I am sure it isn't anything but Pieces of Ham since it is basically a small kiosk with no seating that sells takeout Chinese and Pork Belly sounds more expensive than a cheap cut of ham. Their Egg Rolls for example are not crispy and appear to be baked, Much if not most of their foods seem to be what You would find in a Chinese Buffet. As an example they do not have Spare Ribs they have Pork Tips that are 1/2 bone. Everything comes off of a steam table with a limited selection. Plus it does not have the appearance of Pork Belly.

Yes Ham is a pork item, However in that case I would prefer that they call it Ham Fried Rice :wink:
    What ice cream looks like in 7 countries around the world.
    Interesting, I wonder if they put lots of air in the ice cream elsewhere ?
    https://brooklynbrainery.com/blog/the-secret-to-cheap-supermarket-ice-cream-lots-and-lots-of-air
    and
    https://www.thekitchn.com/the-one-ice-cream-metric-that-matters-to-grocers-hint-its-not-butterfat-231918
    Vegan chickpea omelette.
    I think I will stick to the real thing. BTW here is a tip, if You want real eggs at McDonalds get the Sandwiches with round eggs, Those are the ones on a English Muffin, the Round eggs You can see where they were cracked into a ring mold and the Yolks broken before cooking. The other egg dishes are poured out and cooked, includes the Breakfast Platters. If You see folded eggs anywhere they came out of a carton.
    Lasagna style potato bake - Vegan recipe!
    I wonder how it tastes and how the Carbs compare to ones made with the Traditional Wide Pasta. Darn it now Ed has gone and done it, I am being tempted to go to a nearby Italian Deli and pick up either the Cheese Lasagna or the Meat Lasagna, Both homemade on premises :(
    Home made vegan "meats".
    That one also looks Interesting.
    As always I will watch later.

Thanks for the interesting links
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Tom and I had our respective breakfasts...and I'm drinking a cup of turmeric and ginger tea!
    Windy...may get out of the 30's from 4-6 oclock..whoopie! More freezing weather tomorrow coming also. YUCK!

Its laundry day and other assorted chores.

The vegan potato lasagna looked pretty good!! Haven't made any cheese sauce in quite awhile...I think I may do that today as well.

Somebody asked:
    Liquid measuring cups indicate that 1 cup = 8 ounces. But what they really mean is 1 cup of liquid = 8 fluid ounces. For dry measurements, the rules change. Because dry ingredients vary greatly in weight, you can't rely on the same conversion. Dry ingredients measured for cakes, should be measured in in a measuring cup and the top leveled. So say the old HomeEc. teacher.
    Hi Valerie
    I wonder who asked :blush:
    I guess that the Glass cup with marking on the side are only for liquids and that the set of cups from 1/4 to 1 cup are dry measure cups, Makes sense to me. If they gave the weight in grams it would be even easier to be accurate as dry ingredients can settle and become compacted. Which explains why my grandmother used a sifter first when baking :smiley:

I'm not loving the weather here either, Not super cold but windy for several days now. I know the wind is kicking when I hear it howling around where the AC sticks out of the wall.
    Eggs are great for breakfast as compared to ummmm, Poptarts, or Snicker bars! These headline grabbers are much less than honest. As my mentor would say, ""People Love To Hear Good News About Their Bad Habits" Eggs still come with all their baggage sorry to say. Roger, (?) suggested Moderation...just what the heck is 'Moderation' I eat 2 cups of cooked rice a day...is that moderation? (I hear you saying no....but you see it IS moderation for me)...If I go back to smoking, maybe only on Sunday Afternoons...is that moderation? Or alcohol...how much alcohol can be considered moderate? Does that change if someone is an alcoholic?
    Ok, rant over...
    Without Pop Tarts where are kids supposed to get their sugar overload ?

In my case one or two spoonfuls of cooked Rice would be Moderation, Two Cups would bind me up for days and cause water retention.

I can't think of anything that can not be abused by overdoing it. Even Water if drunk to extremes can be bad for You.
    I'm going to clean up and cut in half my Brussels Sprouts today...because I have some, because I like them, and because roasting in the oven heats up my kitchen and dining room!!! :)

Oh, the weather is on the noon news....wind 16 mph, gusting to 26 mph...our wind chills are below freezing. Tom went out for about half hour, he's now in the front room sleeping!

I need to check my tire pressures...the little light is on...I KNOW it is because of the cold temps, but will most likely put a bit of air into each one and see how that works.
    Some brilliant southerner was found to have several Vipers, and a Cobra...caged, but in a child's home. Lovely. (its illegal to own those snakes in GA.)

Ok, I need my lunch...banana has worn off!!

Later...
    I love roasted sprouts or Asparagus baked in a cookie sheet oiled wit EVOO and sprinkled with a little salt FWIW.

The Low Tire warning in my 1999 Buick Century uses the Anti Lock Brake sensors according to the owners manual. It triggers when a tire does more rotations while drives which is caused by the tire being soft and thus smaller when it hits the road. Modern Cars seem to be different. The Buick will not warn me if all the tires are soft by the same amount.
    https://www.edmunds.com/car-safety/tire-pressure-monitors-can-you-rely-on-them.html
    If you're buying or driving a 2008 or newer car, truck or SUV, it has a tire-pressure monitoring system (TPMS), which uses sensors to continuously monitor pressure in the tires and warn you with a dashboard symbol when tire pressure is dangerously low. The feature is standard on all 2008 and newer models, thanks to the TREAD Act, which Congress enacted in 2000 after rollover incidents involving the Ford Explorer and Firestone tires. Some 2006 and 2007 model-year vehicles also have TPMS.

I know that air temperature affects tire pressure, Driving causes warmth in the tire and the pressure goes up, However that is accounted for in the Manufacturers inflation recommendations.

I can't blame the cat for not staying out in that weather, Our wind chills have been annoying to say the least when I get out walking lately, then once I am home the wind slows down somewhat :(

I can not think of anywhere that Poisonous Snakes would be legal in a home, child or not.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! -3C/26F with an expected high of 6C/43F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I haven't stepped out to experience the cold but will later. Perhaps it will be above freezing by the time I do.

Need to feed the cats and clean yesterday's cat bowls.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Interesting burgers that feed multitudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVOmmT_MWrI
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2018
    And back to recipes using hamburger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqjW1JrAOXs
  • parityanimal
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/high-tech-toilets-could-soon-141544754.html
    How high-tech toilets could soon be tracking your every movement[/b]

Groan!
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    COLD. and still cold. 1:30 and only 33 degrees and a really hateful wind! Poor Tom..he wants to go out, but after about 5-10 minutes he wants back indoors. Don't blame him one bit. He was aware of the gray tux. cat in his yard...but I don't think there was any 'show down' !

I'm so behind today, that I really should just go back to bed and write this day off! I have gotten the centerpiece for either the sofa table, or the dining table made. Years ago Costco sold some wonderful fake, flickering big fat candles...the next year I gave them as gifts, and bought a set for myself. 5 or 6 stay on my fireplace mantle year round. I also bought some white evergreen shaped candles from there 2 yrs ago. (forgot about them last year) but I have that box out and waiting for a destination for this year.
    Unboxed the new little 18 inch battery op pre-lit with timer green wreaths. One for the door, and one each of the two windows that face the street. Need to un-package the red table cloth that matches my chair seat covers and that will be about all I will do. Used to do lots of decorating.. :)

Ate some tomato soup with about equal part of rice and some baked tofu that I'd pressed and marinated this morning. Decent lunch..need to go find a piece of fruit though. Guessing that apple I set on the cutting board last night..even washed it, didn't eat it...LOL!!

Tom wore himself out going in and out...and is now sleeping it off in the front room. I've set up a heater for when I'm in there, as that is the coldest room in the house! Heater works well, but my feet under the desk don't get the benefit, so I have on socks AND my fleecey sheepy buckskin shoes.

I have two different week long health series that I'm watching and trying to 'absorb'. (one is actually 10 days long)
    And, another coming up about a week after that.
    I'm either going to go blind and deaf from these, or I will hang out my shingle and make some money from all I learn. Loved the one from last month on concocting medicines from yard plants. Some I already knew about, others were a complete surprise. And no I've not given up on OTC or Script meds...just good to know in case.....

Ok, I need to walk says the Fitbit Alta. Yesterday I completed 11 or the 13 hours I set up for alerts. I think that was a record for me...

Later...

• parityanimal
    I guess it's up to the individual.So which review is it for Rudolph?

Fiendish fat man and his malicious minions bully and harass youngsters who happen to be "different", until the youngsters flee, only to find they can't even be accepted by others who are "different" unless they can provide a service to those others. Along the way, they are almost killed by a misunderstood monster who just wants to be loved and can't help it that his hunger makes him do terrible things. In the end, the misfits manage to perform services that endear them to everyone...for the moment, but how long can it last until the hatred resurfaces?

OR

Delightful tale of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, showing how love and perseverance can overcome just about any adversity, including intolerance and bigotry, as Rudolph saves Christmas and everyone learns that being different is not such a bad thing after all.
  • parityanimal
    It was a cold morning and a chilly day. When I went into the kitchen to ponder dinner options, Eduardo decided that Pasta e Fagioli was in order, with garlic Parmesan toast. So I opened a bottle of one of my favorite wines and went with it. :) As a dinner for a chilly day, it was perfect!

ss7fhmv26fzj.png

zrnedmfqdquy.png

l7yp800y8w1x.png
  • RogerToo
    VmC4wx.jpg

EtpoGs.gif

4UC7HJ.jpg

9BS9T5.gif

SJcQDq.jpg
    Me Me Me

9ZUvV3.gif