Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi!!
    Not much doing this morning, and its take me all morning and a chunk of afternoon to do it????
    Laundry going, thats a plus..maybe the only one. Tom E's been In and Out most of the morning...lol!
    I'm shortly going to jump up from this chair, and make a run to Home Depot for a couple bales of pine straw. Too much bare earth around here where Ted and/or Ramero have done a super-duper job of blowing away 'everything' leaves included. My beds mostly dormant, but not all..will look much better with a blanket on their feet!
    Need later today to make another pot of rice? or maybe quinoa. Not sure yet!
    Lunch today was rice, mushroom & onion gravy and a big bunch of veggies I roasted yesterday. I think I've eaten al the carrots in that mix I bought, so I may also roast a pan of carrots later today.

Enjoying my wreaths in the front window and door. Have 3 Wax faux Trees that are almost white and covered in what looks to be, but isn't sugar. Those I have to turn on an off...I also have other candle involved center pieces for the sofa table, and the one in the entry hall. Those candles all have timers!! :) Guest bath has both red and white towels, wash cloths, and hand towels. (Normally they're lavender and white towels...so its sooo simple to pull out the purple and add in the red...very easy!!)

Roger, it appears as though that carbon tax is pretty common in other parts of the world. I doubt it will make it thru both houses of congress. Did they mean you can only 'birth' two children? or that only 2 max will be taxed? Huge difference. I think if it really means 2 kids only...the Right to Lifers would be putting up the biggest clamor you can imagine!

The cabbage soup looks a lot like the old Weight Watchers cabbage soup from the early 70's. It is pretty complete I don't think a week of it will cause any nutritional deficiencies. Months of it, maybe...You all should LOVE it, damn nearly NO carbs!!! Mostly that means you'll be hungry all the time...and there is no such thing a deficit calorie food. That was a vicious lie that went around maybe 15-20 years ago. And all the little housewives were eating heads of celery! Not a good plan either...lol!

Ok, I really have to go get the Pine Straw...

Later...

• GardenKatGardens
    Good morning it's Monday !
    Pine straw makes all the difference! One more bed to finish..need another bale or more likely two to finish up.
    Since sleep des notseem to be happening tonite, I expect I'll be sleeping in later than usual? Yep!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    AOr1pe.jpg

l2EdYE.gif

bwUQqq.jpg

xWMS90.gif

N7gCGO.jpg

YwWvgy.gif

tzlW5X.jpg

0Gf7GB.gif
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2018
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not one single solitary penny was found. The Temperature out the door was 54 degrees. From the weather forecast the overnight temperature will be the high for the day as they predict that temperatures will be dropping throughout the day.
    Yesterdays rain ended on schedule, However things outside are still wet as it never really dried out. I did see one Lobe Deer running around while walking.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/30/woman-75-died-in-agony-after-nurse-accidentally-gave-her-execution-drug-8195365/
    Woman, 75, died in agony after nurse accidentally gave her execution drug

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1052923/UN-migration-agreement-Angela-Merkel-EU-criticise-migration-hate-crime
    PC GONE MAD: Criticising migration could become CRIMINAL offence under new plan
    A LEADING MEP has warned EU citizens they could be “jailed” for criticising migration policies if a new United Nations agreement is acted upon.

Sad that I need to see this from a UK site.
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1052996/US-news-frontier-airline-engine-video-las-vegas-to-tampa-florida-diverted
    Horrified passengers ‘call loved ones’ as engine falls apart mid flight – VIDEO
    TERRIFIED airline passengers could only watch as an engine started to tear apart mid-flight between Las Vegas and Florida.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-anchorage-earthquake-explainer-20181130-story.html
    Anchorage earthquake was a big one, but it could have been much worse. Why L.A. should take warning

https://apnews.com/7a2ed092f74b4dd8b78f654538235a07
    Hawk native to South America wows crowd in Maine park

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/nation/study-finds-airline-food-has-fewer-calories-but-warns-against/article_1ebfd63e-9cd2-5818-ba15-ba9a8b9018a3.html
    Study finds airline food has fewer calories but warns against drinking tap water

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 15C/59F with an expected high of 22C/71F and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to clean up yesterdays cat bowls and feed the cats. And feed me. I'm thinking a little bacon, eggs, sourdough toast maybe. Or mac and cheese. I'll decide in a bit.

Might actually get out the door today and in the van and go somewhere, like Ingles. Yesterday I trudged down to the mailbox and came right back with the mail, and that was the only time I set foot outside at all.

I'll continue to ponder breakfast options (hey, there's oatmeal too!) while I sip this second mug of tea and lose myself in the internet.
    Good Morning Ed
    Yesterdays forecast high of 60 failed to materialize except in a few parts of NJ.

Oh, Oatmeal sounds so good, I might even remember that I have it in the cupboard when I finish using the quart of milk that I am using on cereal, Hmm... Flavored and sweetened oatmeal with some milk, something to think about.

Bacon and Eggs with toast sounds delicious to me. Bacon, Yum !
    These snacks may be easy, but some look too carby for me.
    I really need to stay away from Carbs for a while, They are so tasty OTOH :(
    Pigs in a Blanket Yikes we still have a vacuum packed bunch among the the leftover from New Years last year uncooked foods.
    Well, it's certainly a pretty dessert. I could reduce the carbs in several ways and probably make one that would still be quite tasty.
    OTOH pretty doesn't beat taste. If I were doing Strawberry Shortcake I'd likely use prebaked shells from the Grocery Store and possibly frozen Strawberries :wink:
    Mr. Wolfe is cooking something for us! And it looks tasty, too!
    With the limited counter space in the kitchen it would likely end up in a cupboard unused.
    Vegan eggplant lasagna. Looks pretty tasty and not terribly complicated to put together.
    I could see my brother making a Non Vegan version of this. In his view Eating vegan is like this image.

Ncn81x.jpg

Sorry Valerie :( But he is a person with strong views and somewhat inflexible.
    Beware...of the THING IN THE BOX! Managed to grab this snapshot of Orion today.

rgw77io0n57c.jpg
    :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!!
    Not much doing this morning, and its take me all morning and a chunk of afternoon to do it????
    Laundry going, thats a plus..maybe the only one. Tom E's been In and Out most of the morning...lol!
    I'm shortly going to jump up from this chair, and make a run to Home Depot for a couple bales of pine straw. Too much bare earth around here where Ted and/or Ramero have done a super-duper job of blowing away 'everything' leaves included. My beds mostly dormant, but not all..will look much better with a blanket on their feet!
    Need later today to make another pot of rice? or maybe quinoa. Not sure yet!
    Lunch today was rice, mushroom & onion gravy and a big bunch of veggies I roasted yesterday. I think I've eaten al the carrots in that mix I bought, so I may also roast a pan of carrots later today.

Enjoying my wreaths in the front window and door. Have 3 Wax faux Trees that are almost white and covered in what looks to be, but isn't sugar. Those I have to turn on an off...I also have other candle involved center pieces for the sofa table, and the one in the entry hall. Those candles all have timers!! :) Guest bath has both red and white towels, wash cloths, and hand towels. (Normally they're lavender and white towels...so its sooo simple to pull out the purple and add in the red...very easy!!)
    Hi Valerie
    I have three lighted Christmas things in the Window and a Nice Wreath hanging on the front door. I have been fighting the adjustment on the bird feeder to keep those dang tree rats from eating all the bird seed, What they don't want they scatter on the ground. The adjustment is for the springs that let the outside layer slide down when a weight like a squirrel tries to eat. Wish me luck, I have no interest in feeding Squirrels after they way ate so many of my Raspberries and Blackberries this past summer.

It sounds as if You prefer Pine straw versus Mulch.
    Roger, it appears as though that carbon tax is pretty common in other parts of the world. I doubt it will make it thru both houses of congress. Did they mean you can only 'birth' two children? or that only 2 max will be taxed? Huge difference. I think if it really means 2 kids only...the Right to Lifers would be putting up the biggest clamor you can imagine!

The cabbage soup looks a lot like the old Weight Watchers cabbage soup from the early 70's. It is pretty complete I don't think a week of it will cause any nutritional deficiencies. Months of it, maybe...You all should LOVE it, damn nearly NO carbs!!! Mostly that means you'll be hungry all the time...and there is no such thing a deficit calorie food. That was a vicious lie that went around maybe 15-20 years ago. And all the little housewives were eating heads of celery! Not a good plan either...lol!

Ok, I really have to go get the Pine Straw...

Later...
    As I understood it You get a break up to 2 children and after that forget about it. I went back and looked, here it is
    Establishes a creepy DC-based "Carbon Dividend Trust Fund" that seeks a backdoor two-child limit on families. The “Carbon Dividend Trust Fund” leftovers will somehow be routed from DC on a per-person basis and households with more than two children are considered unworthy: The legislative language specifically imposes “a limit of 2 children per household.”

The part I really hated was the automatic increase every year :(

I do like Celery OTOH as well a Iceberg Lettuce and Raw or cooked cabbage.
    Good morning it's Monday !
    Pine straw makes all the difference! One more bed to finish..need another bale or more likely two to finish up.
    Since sleep des not seem to be happening tonite, I expect I'll be sleeping in later than usual? Yep!
    In the vegetable garden my brother prefers Straw in a thick layer, Now that he has a Pickup Truck it is a lot easier than making multiple trips with bales in the backseat of the car :smiley:

It isn't just You, I slept later than usual, a Whopping 8 minutes today and longer the last couple of days.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 8C/47F with an expected high of 16C/61F and no chance of precipitation.

I really need to get out to the store today. OK, I COULD probably wait until tomorrow, but some items are close to critical and it will be a very nice day, so I should definitely get out there today.

And, of course, I need to feed the felines and clean up yesterday's cat bowls. A nap this afternoon would be lovely too, as I've been a little shortchanged on naps the past week.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    At my desk...so the typing errors should be much improved!
    Loved Emmy and the bread. I should have NEVER watched that. Ed will have to make the bread. Not part of my veg. eating plan! LOL! Some of the party foods vid was also interesting. I can't imagine taking the time to skewer a sweet potato, spiral slice it, etc...but I'll bet that too would be delicious, as well as fun to make. I only watched about a minute of the last video...you can guess why!!!

Tom has been fed, outside, and is back in...sleeping on the front room couch where my desk is located. He must have chased off an 'invading cat'...as I saw him race to the maple tree, sharpen his claws, and take off again. He can be really speedy!!! I saw a big orange tiger stripe yesterday, and also the gray tux. cat. It must be mating season so that we can have spring kittens...???

Yesterday, though cloudy was a perfect day...72 degrees, minimal breeze. Really great for working outside, or just being outside. Today is partly cloudy, and about 10 degrees less than yesterday...more to Roger's liking! :)

Gym called today. Wellness check! They miss me. Told them I was fine, and I'd see them tomorrow. And so now I need to live up to my promise....dang. I know I NEED to go...and its only for a short time, and I see friends, and, and, and.. still 'dang'!!! LOL!

We do have to get control of global warming...and since we have a 'leader?' who really isn't interested in the entire subject...it doesn't look good. Old Prez and I won't be around to see the affects of doing nothing...but my boys, and the grands will be the ones who suffer. So, you can only imagine what I think of Old Prez these days.

Tomorrow we head back to the poles...voting on GA Sec. of State. I'll go there after the gym. When I worked at the gym, I'd leave work, and walk to the school and vote, walk back to the gym...will wait til tomorrow and see if I drive or walk.

Oh, Roger asked if I preferred pine straw to 'mulch'. You'd have to define mulch. Like your brother, I used wheat straw in my veg. gardens. Frequently layering down newspaper and topping with straw. The wheat straw that is available here, now, has a lot of wheat seed...so there is a 'green' aspect as well. One year I left a bale of the wheat straw out in the back yard....it sprouted green hair!!! Looked like nature's idea of a Chia Head!!! LOL! It was quite entertaining. But, back to subject. Pine straw here works well, is cheap to purchase, supports local industry, etc. Also looks neat for a winter bed of shrubs, and dormant bulbs and plants. Not as apt to blow away, or wash away from heavy rains, etc.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Well, I did get out today. I started with PetSmart to get some canned canned kitten food for Orion, and kitty litter.

The next stop was our veterinary office to get canned food for Lilo and ooh, and awww at the adorable little black kitten they have up for adoption.

Then on to Kroger, for stuff. Lots of stuff. $145 lighter, I left Kroger, plus $20 cash back added to my wallet just in case I needed it. It didn't look like all that much groceries for $145. I used to be able to get that much for about $50. Oh well.

On the way home I stopped at Kentucky Fried Taco Bell and picked up lunch. Mexican pizza (without meat) and a bean burrito for J and I had a chicken and waffle basket. One waffle with one (in my case anyway) piece of chicken, a fried chicken breast. I had requested extra crispy but discovered, on opening it later at home, that they had given me original recipe. This wasn't a big problem and at least they got the chicken part correct. I have more trouble with my (not frequent at all) KFC orders at that particular location than I've ever had anywhere. It seems that at least half the time, maybe 75%, they get something about the order wrong. If I am eating in (also rare) I can get that fixed but if I'm bringing it home and don't check before I leave I often end up with mashed potatoes (the default) instead of the green beans that I requested. That is the most common mistake, though they have occasionally omitted something entirely. Ah, the joys of eating fast food.

The waffle was pretty good, and I did use the syrup. I figured if I was going to have that for lunch then I was going to have all of it. It was actually a relatively small lunch, and pretty tasty. Now that I've tried it, I can mark that off my bucket list.

• RogerToo
    de8W9o.jpg

PKRqHt.gif

zhIeBv.jpg
    Big Fail

XtwKdm.gif

C71a86.jpg
    How do You even get into that thing ?

2NYwYx.gif

wwY729.jpg
    Just Wow

YdreZM.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not even one penny was found. The Temperature out the door was 37 degrees.

https://www.atr.org/carbon-tax-bill-will-chop-down-least-5000-trees-each-year
    Carbon Tax Bill Will Chop Down at Least 5,000 Trees Each Year

Sad
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/01/christians-brink-extinction-middle-east-warns-archbishop-canterbury/
    Christians on brink of extinction in Middle East, warns Archbishop of Canterbury

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/25238/russia-just-launched-five-objects-into-space-one-problem-there-were-supposed-to-be-four
    Russia Just Launched Five Objects Into Space. One Problem, There Were Supposed To Be Four

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/01/forget-leasing-or-buying-a-car-these-companies-let-you-subscribe.html
    The 'Netflix' model of car ownership is on the rise for drivers who need wheels--without the debt

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 8C/47F with an expected high of 16C/61F and no chance of precipitation.

I really need to get out to the store today. OK, I COULD probably wait until tomorrow, but some items are close to critical and it will be a very nice day, so I should definitely get out there today.

And, of course, I need to feed the felines and clean up yesterday's cat bowls. A nap this afternoon would be lovely too, as I've been a little shortchanged on naps the past week.
    Hi Ed
    Today looks to be somewhat busy for me, which is unusual. Lets see, Bank, Then Post office to post Christmas gifts to my sister, Possibly to the drugstore for my brother and the recycle yard to drop a bag into the Salvation Army Bin.

I feel a need for a nice nap myself, good luck with Yours.
    Hokkaido Japanese MILK BREAD Recipe - fluffiest loaf & stays fresh longer?! - Tangzhong Method
    And looks tasty too.
    Party Food Ideas | Top 10 Amazing Party Recipes
    Looks interesting.
    Bake 4 Glass Bowls In An Egg Mixture – The Crust Is The Best Part!
    I have to wonder why.
    Well, I did get out today. I started with PetSmart to get some canned canned kitten food for Orion, and kitty litter.

The next stop was our veterinary office to get canned food for Lilo and ooh, and awww at the adorable little black kitten they have up for adoption.

Then on to Kroger, for stuff. Lots of stuff. $145 lighter, I left Kroger, plus $20 cash back added to my wallet just in case I needed it. It didn't look like all that much groceries for $145. I used to be able to get that much for about $50. Oh well.
    Your grocery bill sounds like what my brother experiences sometimes. Sunday comes to mind when he had a two page list of purchases :smiley:

Be strong regarding the kitten, unless You feel a need for another one ?
    On the way home I stopped at Kentucky Fried Taco Bell and picked up lunch. Mexican pizza (without meat) and a bean burrito for J and I had a chicken and waffle basket. One waffle with one (in my case anyway) piece of chicken, a fried chicken breast. I had requested extra crispy but discovered, on opening it later at home, that they had given me original recipe. This wasn't a big problem and at least they got the chicken part correct. I have more trouble with my (not frequent at all) KFC orders at that particular location than I've ever had anywhere. It seems that at least half the time, maybe 75%, they get something about the order wrong. If I am eating in (also rare) I can get that fixed but if I'm bringing it home and don't check before I leave I often end up with mashed potatoes (the default) instead of the green beans that I requested. That is the most common mistake, though they have occasionally omitted something entirely. Ah, the joys of eating fast food.

The waffle was pretty good, and I did use the syrup. I figured if I was going to have that for lunch then I was going to have all of it. It was actually a relatively small lunch, and pretty tasty. Now that I've tried it, I can mark that off my bucket list.
    I'm guessing a Combo location with both KFC and Taco Bell and maybe another one under one roof, I had seen that sort of thing near Madison Square Garden. Mexican Pizza, That's a new one to me. I am not totally surprised that KFC mucks up your order, low pay and likely frequent turnover. In my case if I ordered Original and gotten Extra Crispy I would be unhappy, different tastes for different people :wink: and the extra crispy tends to scratch the roof of my mouth. I have no doubt in my mind that the Mashed are Instant Mashed Potatoes :( Currently KFC is running advertisements for multiple different dishes for $5.
    Any errors should lead to a phone call requesting a credit and the name of the person You talked to. BTW always ask for a receipt which will back up complaints, Not to mention when You ask for a receipt that makes the order taker more careful.

I was wondering when I saw the commercial on the TV if it was cooked on premises or if it came ready to warm up and serve. As long as it was tasty.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    At my desk...so the typing errors should be much improved!
    Loved Emmy and the bread. I should have NEVER watched that. Ed will have to make the bread. Not part of my veg. eating plan! LOL! Some of the party foods vid was also interesting. I can't imagine taking the time to skewer a sweet potato, spiral slice it, etc...but I'll bet that too would be delicious, as well as fun to make. I only watched about a minute of the last video...you can guess why!!!

Tom has been fed, outside, and is back in...sleeping on the front room couch where my desk is located. He must have chased off an 'invading cat'...as I saw him race to the maple tree, sharpen his claws, and take off again. He can be really speedy!!! I saw a big orange tiger stripe yesterday, and also the gray tux. cat. It must be mating season so that we can have spring kittens...???
    Hi Valerie
    The temptations from those videos can problematic for dieting. I am getting tired of Yo Yo weight loss and gain :(

I do not think Cats have a mating season, More like when the female comes into heat, Ed may correct me of course.
    Yesterday, though cloudy was a perfect day...72 degrees, minimal breeze. Really great for working outside, or just being outside. Today is partly cloudy, and about 10 degrees less than yesterday...more to Roger's liking! :)

Gym called today. Wellness check! They miss me. Told them I was fine, and I'd see them tomorrow. And so now I need to live up to my promise....dang. I know I NEED to go...and its only for a short time, and I see friends, and, and, and.. still 'dang'!!! LOL!

We do have to get control of global warming...and since we have a 'leader?' who really isn't interested in the entire subject...it doesn't look good. Old Prez and I won't be around to see the affects of doing nothing...but my boys, and the grands will be the ones who suffer. So, you can only imagine what I think of Old Prez these days.
    Wow, so much better weather than mine, our high temperature was right after midnight in the 50s and dropped throughout the day.

Better that the Gym called than the police busting in if You missed answering the door in time. At a minimum they care about You.

I am still not convinced that any global warming is man made. The climate has been going through cooling and warming cycles for many years.
    Tomorrow we head back to the poles...voting on GA Sec. of State. I'll go there after the gym. When I worked at the gym, I'd leave work, and walk to the school and vote, walk back to the gym...will wait til tomorrow and see if I drive or walk.

Oh, Roger asked if I preferred pine straw to 'mulch'. You'd have to define mulch. Like your brother, I used wheat straw in my veg. gardens. Frequently layering down newspaper and topping with straw. The wheat straw that is available here, now, has a lot of wheat seed...so there is a 'green' aspect as well. One year I left a bale of the wheat straw out in the back yard....it sprouted green hair!!! Looked like nature's idea of a Chia Head!!! LOL! It was quite entertaining. But, back to subject. Pine straw here works well, is cheap to purchase, supports local industry, etc. Also looks neat for a winter bed of shrubs, and dormant bulbs and plants. Not as apt to blow away, or wash away from heavy rains, etc.

Later...
    Was there some reason that Georgia could not save money by holding one election for everything ? Yup I must be crazy thinking a politician would be concerned with saving taxpayer money.

We might be lucky the straw here is seedless so no problem that way, It sounds as if You might be buying feed bales ?

Chia Head :smiley: Cheap is a darned good reason to buy the Pine Straw :wink:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Again, I ran across this, I had not though about it.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/free-range-fruitcake-recipe-1926833
    Free Range Fruitcake is said to be Vegetarian not low calorie.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 3C/38F with an expected high of 8C/47F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I've given Lilo her Tuesday shot, and, of course, a couple of treats following the shot. Kiara was standing by for her share of treats. Since we now have Lysine supplement treats (the vet suggested Lysine for Kiara, for overall immune system support, as she has some gum irritation) I was happy to give Kiara her morning dose, and at Lilo's age I figured she can probably use all the support she can get so I gave her Lysine supplement treats too. She doesn't care, as long as she gets treats.

I take Lysine myself (but no as cat treats) as one of my supplements, since we diabetics need all the help we can get too.

Today is Georgia's runoff election for Secretary of State so I need to trot (OK, maybe walk) up the hill to the elementary school to vote.

There are a couple of non-critical items left on the shopping list, but as I don't have to drive to the polls, I probably won't get those today, unless I just feel like driving somewhere.

I did get my nap yesterday, though I was rudely awakened by an amber alert for a nearby county. I hope they caught the perpetrator. Perhaps I'll get a nap today too.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Rainbow salad with avocado dressing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-gvEaaQkvY
  • parityanimal
    Interesting ring foods. Some vegetarian (and could be made vegan I'm sure) and some not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuSd7RBGCUA