Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    edited December 2018
    RogerToo wrote: »

I do not think Cats have a mating season, More like when the female comes into heat, Ed may correct me of course.

Was there some reason that Georgia could not save money by holding one election for everything ? Yup I must be crazy thinking a politician would be concerned with saving taxpayer money.

That would be correct, that cats don't, per se, have a mating season, but all the same there generally are more Spring kittens than other times of year, as is true, I believe, with many animals, whether they have a mating season or not. Part of that may be simply because the survival rate, in the wild, is higher if the weather is warmer and more hospitable. A cat can have two, or even three litters in the same calendar year, depending on the timing. If the first one is early January, then there may well be time for two more. Needless to say, such a mother cat generally ends up kittening herself to death at a relatively young age, which is one more reason to have them spayed.

Hi Again, I ran across this, I had not though about it.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/free-range-fruitcake-recipe-1926833
    Free Range Fruitcake is said to be Vegetarian not low calorie.

I haven't even read this yet but I'm imagining little baby fruitcakes gamboling around in the fields...
  • parityanimal
    Lunch today was an extremely rare treat. J took a long lunch and we went to an extensive (not expensive - well, not TOO expensive) Indian buffet. The food was delightful and we both ate too much but we haven't done any buffet in so long I can't even remember the last time we did one.

• parityanimal
    $38,000 dollars for Christmas stuff???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmMGMmnlA38
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    2eGU7v.png

L47WzU.gif

vQFv0H.jpg

fb7KXX.gif

HeFbNt.jpg

dKd80J.jpg

VDpvaW.jpg

CoQtou.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not even one penny was found. The Temperature out the door was 23 degrees.
    While walking I saw three Deer meandering across the road ahead of where I was walking.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-37440597
    Digital technology reveals secret of ancient biblical scroll

Not Good
    Stanford University told the Sigma Chi fraternity to remove its American flag to “improve” its image. An administrator reportedly told the fraternity that the flag could be seen as “intimidating, aggressive or alienating.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-46302780
    Why the world is becoming more allergic to food

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46432350
    'Awe-inspiring' cave discovered in Canada's wilderness

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/decline-of-canned-tuna-sales-forces-industry-to-shift-millennials-dont-even-own-can-openers
    Decline of canned tuna sales forces industry to shift: 'Millennials don’t even own can openers'

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 3C/38F with an expected high of 8C/47F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I've given Lilo her Tuesday shot, and, of course, a couple of treats following the shot. Kiara was standing by for her share of treats. Since we now have Lysine supplement treats (the vet suggested Lysine for Kiara, for overall immune system support, as she has some gum irritation) I was happy to give Kiara her morning dose, and at Lilo's age I figured she can probably use all the support she can get so I gave her Lysine supplement treats too. She doesn't care, as long as she gets treats.

I take Lysine myself (but no as cat treats) as one of my supplements, since we diabetics need all the help we can get too.

Today is Georgia's runoff election for Secretary of State so I need to trot (OK, maybe walk) up the hill to the elementary school to vote.

There are a couple of non-critical items left on the shopping list, but as I don't have to drive to the polls, I probably won't get those today, unless I just feel like driving somewhere.

I did get my nap yesterday, though I was rudely awakened by an amber alert for a nearby county. I hope they caught the perpetrator. Perhaps I'll get a nap today too.
    Hi Ed
    I just looked up Lysine, Interesting, I decided to put it on my shopping list :smiley:

I wondered about the election, A runoff makes a sort of sense. I wonder how much it is costing the taxpayers ?

Amber alerts go to my brothers phone and both they and severe weather alerts override his no texting settings at Verizon making him less than happy :( Sorry that it disrupted Your nap.
    Rainbow salad with avocado dressing.
    not my cup of tea as a dressing, I prefer Thousand Island, French or Italian dressings. I keep one of those on hand and only one. The thousand island makes for a nice addition to many sandwiches.
    Interesting ring foods. Some vegetarian (and could be made vegan I'm sure) and some not.
    Ring Foods ? Not sure what they are before watching the videos.
    Pine bark cookies?
    I think I will pass on Pine Bark Cookies.

I do not think Cats have a mating season, More like when the female comes into heat, Ed may correct me of course.

Was there some reason that Georgia could not save money by holding one election for everything ? Yup I must be crazy thinking a politician would be concerned with saving taxpayer money.
    That would be correct, that cats don't, per se, have a mating season, but all the same there generally are more Spring kittens than other times of year, as is true, I believe, with many animals, whether they have a mating season or not. Part of that may be simply because the survival rate, in the wild, is higher if the weather is warmer and more hospitable. A cat can have two, or even three litters in the same calendar year, depending on the timing. If the first one is early January, then there may well be time for two more. Needless to say, such a mother cat generally ends up kittening herself to death at a relatively young age, which is one more reason to have them spayed.
    Hi Again, I ran across this, I had not though about it.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/free-range-fruitcake-recipe-1926833
    Free Range Fruitcake is said to be Vegetarian not low calorie.
    I haven't even read this yet but I'm imagining little baby fruitcakes gamboling around in the fields...
    I had suspected that fact about cats, I had not thought of kittening themselves to death however.

I like the mental image from Your Fruitcakes Gamboling around in the fields.
    That is the Fruitcake recipe my brother uses and the people he gifts with them love them.
    Lunch today was an extremely rare treat. J took a long lunch and we went to an extensive (not expensive - well, not TOO expensive) Indian buffet. The food was delightful and we both ate too much but we haven't done any buffet in so long I can't even remember the last time we did one.
    I had not thought about a Indian Buffet and I was surprised that there are several nearby, I should have realized that was likely as Edison now has a high percentage of Indians in town.

$38,000 dollars for Christmas stuff???
    Gran Spends £30k Transforming Home Into Christmas Grotto, Yikes someone really gets into Christmas. I definitely need to look at this one.

Thank You for the information and Videos
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! -1C/31F with an expected high of 5C/41F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I might get out a bit today. We'll see. It does sound like a fairly pleasant day.

Lilo and Kiara have had a morning dose of Lysine. I decided the other two can have a smaller dose with their breakfasts I have two kinds of Lysine treats now. One has 250 mg per treat and the other has 125. As the vet had prescribed 250, twice a day, for Kiara, she can get one of the 250 mg treats in the morning and in the evening. I'll do the same for Lilo, and let the other two, who are not old like Lilo (or specifically prescribed for, like Kiara) one each (morning and evening) of the 125 mg treats, just as a maintenance dose. I figure Orion, being a growing boy, can certainly use all the help he can get.

While I doubt that having this on hand for Oliver would have helped, considering how hard and fast his disease hit, I can't help but second guess myself and wonder if we could have prevented (or at least put it off for a while) his disease if we had been giving him some supplemental assistance for immune system function. Probably not, but one always seems to have hindsight and wonder. He didn't, after all, have an actual immune system deficiency, per se, but rather another virus that many cats have, but it just mutated in him, as it does in a certain percentage of cats, and there is still currently no real treatment for the condition. Sad to lose him so young, but we go on, as we must.

I need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and feed the cats. Soon...but first another mug of tea and some more internetting.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Gluten free, seitan style roast. Vegan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyl06tWVlmE
  • parityanimal
    Herb and garlic almond vegan cheese. It melts! It slices! It dices! It mooshes! It squooshes! Oh, wait, I got a bit carried away there...well the claim is that it at least slices and melts. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgSb4VHHUDo
  • parityanimal
    Make your own nut free vegan cream cheese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvdhI43yx74
  • parityanimal
    Vegan air fryer recipes. I'm sure you could cook them in other ways too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sLSWtejvZo
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    If I don't say hello right now, I will end up being awol again today. I haven't read, watched, most of yesterday and today.
    So what the heck have I been doing??? Started by deleting my 60 emails...my god, 60?? Who needs THAT?
    So in the process, I found Coursera has been looking ? for me...offers of several classes from Epidemiology etc. I chose one from the U of Minn. on "Chronic Pain" I really can't call my knees chronic ? but everyone knows someone who is suffering chronic pain, etc. Classes start today... :) So, syllabus says today's getting started is about an hour's worth of vids, lectures, and reading...everybody needs an extra thing or two to do this time a year....not! It's a 'canned' 8 week course, so its always available.

I got lost this morning on Yelp restaurants...A Korean place close by (like 2 miles) that sounds interesting. I may go there soon. Lots of meats, but vegan and vegetarian friendly...saw several tofu items on the menu...

And Tom E has been needy this morning too! So we've played feed the kitty, treat the kitty, kitty out, kitty in, hold and love on the kitty.......

I have some tofu I pressed this morning now baking away in the Toaster Oven...

I do need to get dressed...(I know its almost 1 a.m) .....don't rush me!!! LOL!!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    IA7JRW.jpg

aYdnOR.gif

Siu6Kx.gif

0lwZdY.gif

fNbNCZ.gif
    Truth :wink:
    y75Htq.gif

xeM8zu.gif

MNBtez.gif
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2018
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not even one penny was found. The Temperature out the door was 27 degrees. Yesterdays Southern NJ snow event did not impact where I am located, Parts of NJ south of where I am had a 7.5 inches of snow rather than the Trace to one inch as forecast. A weather forecasting oops.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-46439892
    Most adults living unhealthy lifestyles

Interesting
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dont-go-for-a-long-hot-run-try-running-a-long-hot-bath-c9f5x5cp3
    Don’t go for a long, hot run. Try running a long, hot bath
    Research shows that an hour spent soaking in hot water could help to ward off diabetes — and that’s just the start

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-science-gorilla-gaming/cheating-gorillas-show-clever-puzzle-solving-idUSKBN1O31CO
    'Cheating' gorillas show clever puzzle-solving

https://www.mysanantonio.com/neighborhood/article/Asian-Beetles-disguised-as-lady-bugs-are-not-your-13441902.php
    Asian Lady Beetles disguised as lady bugs will burrow in your dogs mouth

https://www.bloombergquint.com/global-economics/free-money-swiss-village-can-t-raise-enough-funds-to-experiment#gs.Al8JFWA
    Free Money? Swiss Village Can’t Raise Enough Funds to Experiment

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2018/12/04/US-manufacturers-struggling-to-find-workers-turning-to-high-schools/7841543589283/
    U.S. manufacturers struggling to find workers turning to high schools

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! -1C/31F with an expected high of 5C/41F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I might get out a bit today. We'll see. It does sound like a fairly pleasant day.

Lilo and Kiara have had a morning dose of Lysine. I decided the other two can have a smaller dose with their breakfasts I have two kinds of Lysine treats now. One has 250 mg per treat and the other has 125. As the vet had prescribed 250, twice a day, for Kiara, she can get one of the 250 mg treats in the morning and in the evening. I'll do the same for Lilo, and let the other two, who are not old like Lilo (or specifically prescribed for, like Kiara) one each (morning and evening) of the 125 mg treats, just as a maintenance dose. I figure Orion, being a growing boy, can certainly use all the help he can get.

While I doubt that having this on hand for Oliver would have helped, considering how hard and fast his disease hit, I can't help but second guess myself and wonder if we could have prevented (or at least put it off for a while) his disease if we had been giving him some supplemental assistance for immune system function. Probably not, but one always seems to have hindsight and wonder. He didn't, after all, have an actual immune system deficiency, per se, but rather another virus that many cats have, but it just mutated in him, as it does in a certain percentage of cats, and there is still currently no real treatment for the condition. Sad to lose him so young, but we go on, as we must.

I need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and feed the cats. Soon...but first another mug of tea and some more internetting.
    Hi Ed
    I looked at a bottle of L-Lysine and it was marked for immune building. Is that why You are using it for the cats or does it have a side benefit for the cats ?

Interneting is my weakness too.
    Gluten free, seitan style roast. Vegan.
    That roast (??) Looks a lot like a Meatloaf right down to the Ketchup on the slices.
    Herb and garlic almond vegan cheese. It melts! It slices! It dices! It mooshes! It squooshes! Oh, wait, I got a bit carried away there...well the claim is that it at least slices and melts. :)
    Looks good, Slices and melts must have taken some work to achieve.
    Make your own nut free vegan cream cheese.
    That bowl did not look like Cream Cheese IMO.
    Vegan air fryer recipes. I'm sure you could cook them in other ways too.
    I can see where a air fryer could work to fry Breaded vegetables. The one on the left side looks tasty.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    If I don't say hello right now, I will end up being awol again today. I haven't read, watched, most of yesterday and today.
    So what the heck have I been doing??? Started by deleting my 60 emails...my god, 60?? Who needs THAT?
    So in the process, I found Coursera has been looking ? for me...offers of several classes from Epidemiology etc. I chose one from the U of Minn. on "Chronic Pain" I really can't call my knees chronic ? but everyone knows someone who is suffering chronic pain, etc. Classes start today... :) So, syllabus says today's getting started is about an hour's worth of vids, lectures, and reading...everybody needs an extra thing or two to do this time a year....not! It's a 'canned' 8 week course, so its always available.

I got lost this morning on Yelp restaurants...A Korean place close by (like 2 miles) that sounds interesting. I may go there soon. Lots of meats, but vegan and vegetarian friendly...saw several tofu items on the menu...

And Tom E has been needy this morning too! So we've played feed the kitty, treat the kitty, kitty out, kitty in, hold and love on the kitty.......

I have some tofu I pressed this morning now baking away in the Toaster Oven...

I do need to get dressed...(I know its almost 1 a.m) .....don't rush me!!! LOL!!!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Good Luck with and enjoy the classes.

I did not finish cleaning out my emails yesterday and I am showing 93 new emails :blush:

How reliable do You think Yelp reviews are ?

Speaking of Tofu, We were out to a Barnes and Noble two doors from a Thai Food place, Since my brother decided he wanted shrimp dumplings and Spring Rolls I ordered Pork Pad Thai take out. The portion was a bit smaller than our usual Thai place. The taste was similar and it had less fried egg and a lot more Tofu. Our usual location puts diced peanuts on the side of the dish where they can be stirred in. I think I prefer the usual Thai location.

Lucky You having a needy Cat :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! -4C/25F with an expected high of 9C/49F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I didn't end up getting out anywhere yesterday. I suppose I might do that today, but again nothing is critical so might not. There is a friend who's wanting to get together for lunch but we haven't gotten very specific on just when. LOL.

Need to feed the cats and clean up yesterday's cat bowls. Hope I can get a nap today too.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...