Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's soggy Saturday! 4C/39F with an expected high of 5C/41F and 100% chance of precipitation, verified.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and possible do a little house cleaning. Since it's a truly icky day, a nap would be very nice too. I hope to not need to get out in it at all.

Finally finished off the huge pot of vegetarian chili I made the other night. Last night's cheesy chili mac was the final dish, and I warmed up the last serving for breakfast today. We had it as chili (twice) and then spaghetti with chili, and finally as cheesy chili mac. All were tasty dishes.

Well, let's see if I can find some interesting videos for this morning.
    Hi Ed
    Soggy days are something that are not on my list of likes also.

I would not have thought of putting Chili on Spaghetti. I like shredded cheese on Chili with a preference for Cheddar. Chili with cheese on Macaroni is my interpretation of Cheesy Chili Mac.
    HOW TO MAKE A *VEGAN* FRIED EGG | Tutorial
    Looks like a real egg.
    Mostly not vegetarian but some cute ideas here, and most could be made more vegetarian and maybe vegan. A video followed by a BONUS video.
    Hmm... Wrap 3 Things In Dough Squares. In The End, Everyone Will Be Amazed!
    Pigs in a blanket ?
    DIY Noni PUKE FRUIT JUICE Taste Test
    That does not look like anything I would even think of eating.

I guess I shall know more once I view the videos.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 2C/35F with an expected high of 3C/37F and 50% chance of precipitation.

I need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. Two of the four felines just returned to my office space licking their lips so they either ate their breakfast or they ate the other two feline. Well, I just heard one of the other two so I guess they ate their breakfast. :) I didn't see any blood on their lips anyway.

I might get out today, depending on the weather at any specific time, for a little grocery shopping and maybe a stop by the pet store to pick up some canned food for the cats.

And a friend might want to meet for tea/dinner this afternoon/evening. Different friend than the one who wants to meet for lunch sometime soon. I'm starting to think I might be a nice person or something. LOL.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Ok...it says to stop frying potatoes and do this instead, but in the end, she IS frying the potatoes. It does look tasty, I must say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13WyNLCHG-s
  • parityanimal
    Cute idea. Snow globe Christmas cupcakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHfGkOgGRDc
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi...
    Not a good day for me posting. I didn't realize I'd already read all the posts..so did a copy function to go back, and then later got distracted by an email, copied an address..and of course there went my post to y'all!
    Ok, why would anyone want to make Soy Free Tofu??? Tofu IS soy...oh well. At my house the tofu is the real deal!

The principle who banned any and everything Christmas at her school needs a new job. She's obviously risen above her abilities. Remember the "Peter Principles"...yeah...

I may actually try the egg thing. It surely does LOOK like an egg, and I can attest to the 'black salt' making things smell and taste like egg. Why would I go to the trouble??? to spoof my kids of course!!!

Ed, you are a nice person...and I can see if I want an afternoon cup of coffee and chatting with you, or you and J, I'd better get my act together and hopefully we can agree on a date. :) Otherwise you'll spread yule cheer with all your other friends!! LOL!!

Tom did eventually come to the door Roger...just exhibiting his 'independence' I guess...who knows...he's a cat after all.....
    Couple of the cartoons from the past few days have really cracked me up..and no I'm not going back to check on which ones...losing one post per day is enough!

Earlier today I thought I saw a rain snow mix. But, nothing outside to back up that observation...oh well...

Tom's asleep, I'm in my jam's, and I think I'll go play with the iPad for a bit. Did that last night, and it backfired on me...I fell asleep trying to find a good Scrabble word, and woke about 1 a.m. and was awake til at least 6 this morning...did nap til 8:30. So, don't want to do that again.

I did make it to the gym today, made Pablo happy! And I got all my steps in yesterday, indoors. Today, the TM made it much easier to get my steps and then some. Will try for the gym tomorrow afternoon..and Tues. Wed, I'll be in Atlanta all day, so no gym. Chiro and Hair cut woohoo! Save myself a bit of driving!. Probably won't see Ted though...well, maybe?? We'll see.

I need to make a Costco run soon. Need kitty litter, and another 20 lb bag of rice. Want one or two of the bags of Teriyaki kits. There are 3 or 4 kits per bag...They have long expiration dates, and come in handy on nights I really don't want the usual veg bowls that I normally make. Something else from Costco...hopefully I'll remember between now and Thurs. or Friday??? hmmmm.

Later...

• RogerToo
    YYJtYN.jpg

jODK1d.gif

bHq5wZ.jpg

aIlxnu.gif

UmAOZk.jpg
    How about looks delicious

8R35qj.gif

r6CAFe.jpg

V23pv5.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 23 degrees.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/worlds-smallest-cow-stuns-owners-13703238
    'World's smallest cow' stuns owners days after giant steer Knickers went viral
    Lil' Bill, from Mississippi, in the US, weighs a teeny-weeny 4.5kg which is the same as a domestic cat, nearly a tenth of other cows his age and 300 times lighter than Knickers

https://apnews.com/592c1bf3301a4054ada912cdad699ca2
    China launches pioneering mission to far side of moon

https://triblive.com/local/westmoreland/14371705-74/police-youngwood-carjacking-suspect-attacked-woman-outside-westmoreland-county-prison
    Police: Drug dealer released from prison, then carjacks woman in parking lot

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/north-carolina/north-carolina-race-shines-light-on-ballot-harvesting/884597359
    Disputed House race puts spotlight on 'ballot harvesting'
    https://www.malaymail.com/s/1699790/galapagos-giant-tortoise-gene-study-hints-at-longevity-secrets
    Galapagos giant tortoise gene study hints at longevity secrets

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 2C/35F with an expected high of 3C/37F and 50% chance of precipitation.

I need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. Two of the four felines just returned to my office space licking their lips so they either ate their breakfast or they ate the other two feline. Well, I just heard one of the other two so I guess they ate their breakfast. :) I didn't see any blood on their lips anyway.

I might get out today, depending on the weather at any specific time, for a little grocery shopping and maybe a stop by the pet store to pick up some canned food for the cats.

And a friend might want to meet for tea/dinner this afternoon/evening. Different friend than the one who wants to meet for lunch sometime soon. I'm starting to think I might be a nice person or something. LOL.
    Hi Ed
    Lucky You, Sunday here was gray and clouded over and the only way it could have looked worse outdoors would be if it had rained.

At 8:30AM the new kitchen floor is scheduled to be installed. I am hoping it is not super disruptive to my staying 100% NS for the mid day meal. If it is going to run later than that I may have to have some sort of takeout food or go hungry. Staying 100% for the last few days and turning down temptation has let me lose some weight :wink:
    Naturally either my brother of myself will need to be home while the installation is going on. I let my brother decide what is going on the floor and he wanted something that no water could get through as well as being economical thus for now at least Linoleum, Congoleum as far I remember.

I think You are correct that You are a really nice person :wink:
    Ok...it says to stop frying potatoes and do this instead, but in the end, she IS frying the potatoes. It does look tasty, I must say.
    Until I view the video I can only guess that the potatoes are fried ? in the oven.
    Cute idea. Snow globe Christmas cupcakes.
    I have seen something like this on the TV baking contests using a balloon using Isomalt.
    https://www.thespruceeats.com/isomalt-486656
    HOW TO MAKE TOFU WITHOUT SOY?!
    Is it really Tofu without using Soy ?

Thank You for the Videos, They look interesting.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi...
    Not a good day for me posting. I didn't realize I'd already read all the posts..so did a copy function to go back, and then later got distracted by an email, copied an address..and of course there went my post to y'all!
    Ok, why would anyone want to make Soy Free Tofu??? Tofu IS soy...oh well. At my house the tofu is the real deal!

The principle who banned any and everything Christmas at her school needs a new job. She's obviously risen above her abilities. Remember the "Peter Principles"...yeah...

I may actually try the egg thing. It surely does LOOK like an egg, and I can attest to the 'black salt' making things smell and taste like egg. Why would I go to the trouble??? to spoof my kids of course!!!
    Hi Valerie
    My feeling about Tofu too, Why bother.

That principle has been suspended, hopefully to be permanently gone.

I can see You taking that so called egg to a family dinner just to mess with them :smiley:
    Ed, you are a nice person...and I can see if I want an afternoon cup of coffee and chatting with you, or you and J, I'd better get my act together and hopefully we can agree on a date. :) Otherwise you'll spread yule cheer with all your other friends!! LOL!!

Tom did eventually come to the door Roger...just exhibiting his 'independence' I guess...who knows...he's a cat after all.....
    Couple of the cartoons from the past few days have really cracked me up..and no I'm not going back to check on which ones...losing one post per day is enough!

Earlier today I thought I saw a rain snow mix. But, nothing outside to back up that observation...oh well...
    I liked some of them more than others, OTOH I like all of the cartoons/images I use.

To the good You are not having the weather that NC is having.
    Tom's asleep, I'm in my jam's, and I think I'll go play with the iPad for a bit. Did that last night, and it backfired on me...I fell asleep trying to find a good Scrabble word, and woke about 1 a.m. and was awake til at least 6 this morning...did nap til 8:30. So, don't want to do that again.

I did make it to the gym today, made Pablo happy! And I got all my steps in yesterday, indoors. Today, the TM made it much easier to get my steps and then some. Will try for the gym tomorrow afternoon..and Tues. Wed, I'll be in Atlanta all day, so no gym. Chiro and Hair cut woohoo! Save myself a bit of driving!. Probably won't see Ted though...well, maybe?? We'll see.

I need to make a Costco run soon. Need kitty litter, and another 20 lb bag of rice. Want one or two of the bags of Teriyaki kits. There are 3 or 4 kits per bag...They have long expiration dates, and come in handy on nights I really don't want the usual veg bowls that I normally make. Something else from Costco...hopefully I'll remember between now and Thurs. or Friday??? hmmmm.

Later...
    I think the thing that I dislike about tablets vs Laptop computers is the battery not being user replaceable. Same thing with the iPod, it is so handy however that I ignore that fact. Apple charges a fair price for battery replacement on them and only on the latest models from before they were discontinued.

I need to make a CostCo run also, Paper goods, and I am wondering if they have Fire Extinguishers in the store since I would like to have one for each floor especially the kitchen. A Teriyaki kit sounds tasty, I'm guessing they are in the frozen section ? Good luck remembering what else You want since it would be a pain walking every aisle to see if that jogs Your memory.

Good idea IMHO to do all the running around with one trip.

Congratulations on getting to the Gym and getting Your steps in.
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's muggy Monday! 4C/39F with an expected high of 6C/42F and 80% chance of precipitation.

For the past 15 minutes I've been sitting in front of my computer doing nothing but pet Orion. When he gets in my lap and wants attention, NOTHING ELSE is allowed. I must, MUST use both hands to pet and stroke him, or let him nuzzle one while the other is stroking. My tea must be allowed to cool. If I attempt to get a drink of it, he gives me a complaining meow and a look that says, "HOW DARE YOU!" so while I may occasionally steal a sip, it's not easy.

He's still in my lap, but now he's having a bath. I guess that's the best place to have a bath though really I would think that sitting in J's chair would be more comfortable for that, but I'm not a cat so can't really know.

Need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and feed the felines. Sounds like another icky day that I'd rather not get out in if I can help it.

ynzdu847fgqa.png

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited December 2018
    I have some ground lamb thawing. I have sweet potatoes.

Pondering Moroccan shepherd's pie with sweet potato for dinner. This recipe, which can be made VEGAN by using chickpeas instead of lamb, sounds very tasty. Edwierdo...er Eduardo may insist on giving it a try, with a couple of ingredient substitutions and alterations in quantities. :)

http://ourfourforks.com/moroccan-shepherds-pie-sweet-potato/
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi Guys!
    Hope the Moroccan Shepherds Pie with Sweet Potato is/was good Ed. I cooked some sweet potatoes this evening to go with my Amy's Tofu Scramble...(oh that Tofu Scramble is GOOD.) I like most of Amy's frozen foods, but this one was a cut above! Will be eating that again. Meanwhile I did copy the Moroccan Shepherds Pie ;)

Roger the Teriyaki is refrigerated...not frozen. It's in different packages in the big package...ie. 4 packets of Udon noodles, 4 packages of seasonings, etc. You combine the packages and zap it in the microwave. Fast, easy and good!

I made it to the gym again today...and made a promise for tomorrow. Declined the invite for Wednesday. I think chiro, hair cut, lunch and walk in the Atlanta Botanical Gardens will be enough for me for one day!! LOL!

Also tomorrow I will be seeing my dentist lady...need a tweek or two. Hopefully that will go well.

I think we may hopefully will be rain, drizzle, etc free. Tom E wants a day outside, and so do I!!!

Feeling cold tonite, so I think it's going to be one of those play games, read, etc in bed just to be warm.

Nite, Nite, and Later...

• parityanimal
    edited December 2018
    I did make it downtown today at lunchtime to see one friend. The other is still on hold until we can fine a commonly convenient time for a meal meeting.

The downtown friend (miserable wet drive down and back) and I had a very nice time but never actually got around to going back out into the weather to find food, as neither one of us really wanted to, but that's all right. There were issues on getting into (and out of, later) the parking garage at his building. I stopped on my way home and got something to eat, so it was all good and it was nice spending time with my friend. Next time, if the weather is better, I may just take the MARTA down and walk from the station to his building.

I'm glad you copied the Moroccan Shepherd's Pie. I think you'll love it if you make it!

Eduardo made a variation on the lamb version and it was absolutely delicious. There was probably more chili (OK, I KNOW there was more chili) in it than called for but it was still not terribly spicy.

I expect the vegan chickpea version would be delicious as well. If J liked sweet potatoes, I'd make that one for him, but as he doesn't, I guess I won't, though it does give me an idea for a vegan cottage pie that he might like. I'll have to let Eduardo ponder the possibilities.

9df0dik5h851.png

wn5x1k77o05z.png

• RogerToo
    JoUqou.jpg

EapWgZ.gif

Wn46ts.gif

CW9abz.gif

HBXQe0.gif

yzv2Os.gif

NDZPMi.jpg

L82pS5.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 20 degrees.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/webkit-vulnerability-affects-latest-versions-of-apple-safari/
    WebKit Vulnerability Affects Latest Versions of Apple Safari
    A researcher published exploit code for a vulnerability in WebKit, the web browser engine that powers Apple's Safari, along with other apps on macOS, iOS, and Linux.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/12/08/manarrested-protestingat-breakfast-santa-event-cleburne-church
    'Don't mess with Santa': Man protesting Santa at Cleburne church arrested on trespassing charge

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article222842940.html
    SC man goes on Christmas decoration burning spree, police say

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/9/dr-thomas-macphail-deland-animal-hospital-veterina/
    Veterinarian sues dog owner over negative Yelp review

https://apnews.com/2093aed062e2450ea0cb6c1032b60766
    US to shut down Idaho nuclear waste processing project

This doesn't seem to make the news here in the USA
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/746953/south-africa-land-reforms-white-farmers-constitution-changed-cyril-ramaphosa
    ‘Your time is up’ South Africa sets date for white farmer land grabs – March 2019
    SOUTH Africa has set a date for when its much-criticised land expropriations can begin after a politician declared: “Your time is up, white people”.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger