Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy all y'all. it's fabulous Friday! 7C/45F with an expected high of 10C/50F and 100% chance of precipitation, which I have not yet visually verified. It says to expect "occasional" rain starting at 7:45 but then the hourly forecast pretty much shows rain the rest of the day. Maybe it stops for the half hours or something, occasionally,

Need to feed the cats and get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. I had thought of possibly getting out in it but if it's that icky I will probably just stay inside except for getting the mail.

And of course rainy days are lovely for nap time. I'm sure the felines would be in full agreement with me on that.
    Hi Ed
    Your weather is not any better than ours, Oh well. Tomorrow the high temps start dropping from a very brief period of 50 degree day(s).

I'm not sure why but it seems that the weather forecasts are not as reliable these days as even a few years ago.
    An opinion on some soups you should possibly never eat. And then a few that are highly recommended!
    As You say, an opinion :wink:
    Does this lady's "leaked" KFC recipe really taste like KFC or is it just pretty good chicken?
    I thought that versions of the KFC's original recipe were available on the Internet for a while. I know there there are sites that have versions of pretty much chain food or sauce available, I would expect that the KFC would be there too, hmm...
    I did a quick Google search and plenty of versions came up, I used KFC recipe for the search term FWIW.
    OK. We've had our soup and our entree so let's try dessert!
    I'm bit sure a candy type bar is what I consider dessert. To me Dessert would be a bowl of Rice or Tapioca pudding, Pie or Cake, or Some Ice Cream.
    Veggie BURGER MRE - Menu 12 - U.S. Meal-Ready-to-Eat Ration Taste Test
    Who knew that there was such a thing. I think in the old days when I was younger they ate what was there or went hungry, I could also be wrong.

Have a Good Day. Stay Warm & Dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hey, back again!
    Were you surprised Roger? It still took me awhile to give in to sleep. So I slept late. :) Nice that I can to that! To make up for lost time, I have both the dishwasher and the clothes washer working!!

Yes Roger I did read the article about WF and packaging. May, or may not, be the cause of the hot bar food containers were all either the plastic plates or the Chinese to go box ilk. Not fond of the Chinese cardboard, loved the big containers that looks to hold a quart?... Since I don't eat there more than or shop there nearly as often as I used to...not gonna worry over it.

My breakfast this morning was, well delightful...maybe not so nutritional though! I ate the last of the vegan chocolate frosted and multi colored sprinkled donuts, also had a medium banana, and my one lonely cup of 'real' coffee. Planned to take a pix ..forgot. I can tel you every last morsel was delicious.
    Hi Valerie
    I wish I had not lost the ability to sleep late, Now if I get to tired I nap, oh well adjustments due to aging :wink:

I'm not sure how much Chinese Cardboard is used in food containers TBH.
    We reuse the Plastic containers that hold Hot meals and the plastic ones with the lid several times before they get a beat up and go into the recycle bin.
    I've had dreams like that so very real...If I ever own a Tesla you will know I've won a big chunk of lottery money! So while you dream of shiny dimes, pennies, etc. I wait for my turn at the lottery money! LOL!!

Ed, Good Morning! Trader Joes, seems to be the 'it' place lately. Every foodie group I follow has suddenly started reviewing TJ's products. Most interesting. I should note that Ted has one maybe 3 or 4 blocks from his house, and has been browsing there a lot! And because of just where he lives, he's maybe another block or two from Whole Foods. So I get reviews from both stores. I know he also sometimes shops Kroger and Publix. Dog food for Maya comes from a store in same shopping area as TJ's. They sell overpriced dog foods, dog treats, etc....they also have the neatest 'dog wash', I've ever seen...Dog walks up a ramp. You close the door, and scrub your own animal with soap, and towels provided. Even hair dryers are available! Maya loves it, and so does Ted! I was 30-40 years younger when Jack's dog Greta and I would wrestle over bath time....

I'm about to be reminded to take a walk. Gotta love Fitbit!

Later...
    I have more or less given up on winning the lottery, except for the odd occasion and those all come up goose eggs for winnings :(

I find it interesting how things trend, why and how something becomes popular is so weird. Especially the Dangerous Challenges that Kids do.

One thing I like better at Whole Foods is their Butter, It just seems to taste better and is not that expensive.

I used to go for the Breakfast Hot Food Bar at the nearby location until they stopped doing it. I want to get out to a further out ShopRite and see if they still do one on a Sunday, No Rush for that.

Interesting, a Dog Wash :smile:
    About gas prices. $1.96 yesterday at Costco....$1.97 today!!! Ya know I'd have been happy if it was $1.95!! Was hoping for a 'trend'. Oh well....
    I would be happy with the price even at the higher price. The nearby CostCo does no have gas, and I am not driving further just for that so...
    It is a trend, it is just trending the wrong way.
    Finally! I watched the Vegan butter, and then I watched her (Rosa) make cashew butter. Call me lazy..but Costco has Cashew Butter, and its not expensive. I'd have to do a bit of calculating, but I'm willing to bet buying ready made is cheaper. Buying raw cashew's is pricy! There was a time when I discovered it was cheaper to buy Silk Almond milk, than it was to make it. Haven't checked lately though. Don't use that much anymore. In the beginning it seemed I was using quite a bit of Almond Milk....oh!!! did I tell you I found RIPPLE in one cup servings....yep, Ripple (Almond milk)!!! Not the really cheap wine, from when? my college days? I had to laugh when I saw it. Yep, Mom's hitting the Ripple!!!

Kitchen's cleaned up, I didn't eat my pear...my dinner filled me up. Will have pear tomorrow.
    And now that You watched the Vegan Butter I know You can not wait to Make it :wink:

The advantage of making Your own is that it likely has no additives to keep it from separating and to act as a preservative ?

I remember Buying and drinking Ripple, ah to be that young again.
    It has rained quite a bit today, supposed to stop tomorrow. I sure hope. Tom wanted to be out of the house, but, didn't want to be out in the rain either. It was funny to watch him. He'd go to the front door, I'd open the door and the storm door, he'd dash to the end of the porch, hesitate, look over his shoulder at me, like I'd played a dirty trick on him, and then he's zoom back into the house. This went on all day today.

Ok, I'm going to gather up my marbles and go to my room! Its my turn to play a Scrabble word, and there are a couple news stories I'd like to read, etc a Suduko puzzle, maybe a jigsaw puzzle and chances are I'll nod off to sleep still wearing my glasses!! I got these frames from Costco for a song, and that was most likely at least 5 years ago...this sleeping in them is fairly new, but it doesn't seem to hurt them....I know one day I'll wake and have broken the frames. Not before the holidays I sure hope!!

Later...
    That was a dirty trick doing what he wanted for him :wink:

BTW I am curious, how long does scrabble game like that take to play ?

I hope You have spare pair of glasses just in case. If You slept like I do likely they would already be broken :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 9C/48F with an expected high of 11C/52F and 30% chance of precipitation. That sounds a whole lot nicer than yesterday!

As expected, I went nowhere yesterday except down the hill (driveway) to the mailbox.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up and get the felines fed. And I'd like a nap, as usual.

I do have a couple of bone in, skin on, chicken thighs thawed up to do something with today. Perhaps I'll fry chicken for dinner. That would be nice.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    The most popular Holiday cookies. OK, we really don't need this, but I enjoyed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hojAm7YJLjw
  • parityanimal
    Well, lunchtime came around and since I didn't want a sandwich and there wasn't a lot else to put together I roasted my two chicken thighs and had them with a small handful of potato chips.

They roasted up very nicely in the toaster oven, with crispy, seasoned skin and juicy dark meat. I would definitely make them that way again, though I don't actually know exactly how much of any given seasoning I used.
  • RogerToo
    aoIqAE.jpg

tSflsQ.gif
    This Relates to yesterday's humor

6IOBYh.png

gNUh26.gif

R3vyLH.jpg

xIFB12.gif

jKPeBn.jpg

AkhuKp.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 41 degrees. The rain that was forecast to be here through the night is still falling and as I was walking away from the house the wind was at my back, On the return leg it was in my face :(

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-why-americans-are-broke-and-fat-2017-12-05-10881649

One big reason Americans are broke and overweight
    We’re making this major money mistake around food.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/12/13/pet-chihuahua-tries-to-protect-owner-in-pennsylvania-bear-attack/
    Pet Chihuahua Tries To Protect Owner In Pennsylvania Bear Attack

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/12/12/stockton-basic-income-pilot-program/
    An Extra $500 A Month? 100 Residents To Be Selected For Basic Income Pilot Program

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/chicago-exodus-sees-city-shrink-by-156-daily-demographic-trends#gs.28uXAP8
    Nearly 156 People Leave Chicago Daily: Demographic Trends

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/over-40-percent-of-americans-say-no-to-flu-vaccinations
    Over 40 percent of Americans say no to flu vaccinations

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/14/miami-beach-climate-change-homes/
    A Florida Town’s Plan To Fight Global Warming Could Destroy Home Values

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 9C/48F with an expected high of 11C/52F and 30% chance of precipitation. That sounds a whole lot nicer than yesterday!

As expected, I went nowhere yesterday except down the hill (driveway) to the mailbox.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up and get the felines fed. And I'd like a nap, as usual.

I do have a couple of bone in, skin on, chicken thighs thawed up to do something with today. Perhaps I'll fry chicken for dinner. That would be nice.
    Hi Ed
    Out chance of Precip was 100% Saturday and Today, Sunday with Saturday being predicted to be the better day. It is never a great weather forecast when they are predicting the day to be raw and windy. Yesterdays High was around 50 degrees.

Do You have any problems with getting the bone in Thighs cooked all the way without overcooking them ?
    Your Ideal Breakfast Based on Zodiac Sign
    Since I could not tell You my Sign, I'm going with probably not reliable at best, Your Opinion ? I would try the toast FWIW.
    Kids Try Avocado Toast
    My Brother would never try that toast, He refers to Avocados in disparaging terms and refuses to eat anything with them in it.
    Kids Try Cheese from Around the World
    As would I if they are affordable and not a Stinky Cheese. I eat Feta and Blue Cheese for example.
    The most popular Holiday cookies. OK, we really don't need this, but I enjoyed it.
    So True, We do not need them, having said that the cookie that is shown looks so good :blush:
    Well, lunchtime came around and since I didn't want a sandwich and there wasn't a lot else to put together I roasted my two chicken thighs and had them with a small handful of potato chips.

They roasted up very nicely in the toaster oven, with crispy, seasoned skin and juicy dark meat. I would definitely make them that way again, though I don't actually know exactly how much of any given seasoning I used.
    Sometimes I use one of these three for lunch even though they are NS Dinners, They are all Low Carb & Tasty ranging from 4g to 9g of carbs.
    Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast 190 Calories
    Artichoke & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast 180 Calories
    Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast 210 Calories

Having them with Potato Chips sounds like a nice meal to me. My problem with Potato Chips is I can not eat just a small handful :(

Not knowing how much of any given seasoning means that You have a variety of tastes when You cook them in the future :smiley:

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday. 8C/47F with an expected high of 11C/52F and 10% chance of precipitation.

Need to feed the felines and get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. And I need to get the garbage and recycles to the curb and do a little bit of sweeping up and vacuuming in the house.

Dinner last night was pizza so breakfast today was pizza. Lunch will be pizza. Possibly dinner too, though the other two slices that aren't lunch might go for separate snacks (morning and afternoon) but we'll see.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    A couple of interesting takes on chicken cordon bleu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF_yn1xG2gA
  • parityanimal
    Looks like a tasty way to cook cabbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkORLMTBdbQ
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Make traditional panettone at home?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdl1xudUdzo
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Kids try snacks from the 80s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=843MVI2QKRY
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »

Do You have any problems with getting the bone in Thighs cooked all the way without overcooking them ?

I generally don't have any problem with that. Completely thawed, they take about a half hour in my toaster oven, set to convection mode, skin side up, at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This usually results in very tasty, crispy skin and juicy, tender meat. For bone in, skin on I don't even brine them, though I usually do for the boneless, skinless thighs, to avoid dry meat.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi!
    I haven't read or even looked at the board today. I am about to leave for Sugar Hill, and then Alpheretta. Today is the day Olivia will be baptized at North Point Community Church. So it's a big hooptie doooooo, as it should be.

Be Back much later...