Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Home again! I've had a good day. O is such a sweet heart. Only one really big big hitch. I gave her the baby cross that I received and have kept for 75 years. I wrote a note in her card, explaining this. She looked at the card...and looked at the card..."Grammie, I can't read this you wrote it in cursive." Yes, you read that right. And somebody in that family told me the kids could write in cursive....BS..if they can write in cursive then they 'should' be able to also read it, right??? 14 and a half...freshman in high school, gets good grades, etc....and can't read cursive.
    Our schools have gone to hell.

I've watched most of the video's...I gained 3 pounds. Thanks Edward!!!

Read the discussion about the chicken thighs, skin on and bone in....those were my fav cuts of chicken when I used to cook them in the slow cooker. I thought they had a richer better taste than the boneless and skinless kind. Just thought I'd toss that idea out. I, of course don't eat them now...:) I also remember making Chicken Cordon Bleu back in the day!!

Roger I admire your determination out walking in wet and cold weather. I'm sure I would either just stay indoors, or do what I do, and thats go to the gym!! OH, we got 4 new machines on Friday...2 rowing machines, (I used those at Golds, neat things), and a hand peddled bicycle thingy...(used that at physical therapy, hated it), and I don't even know what to call the 4th machine,...have no idea even what it does!! Guess this week I'll learn a thing or two!!!

Thats all for now...tired, and ready for some sleep.

Later...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    PTbOuv.jpg

NW4ZGp.gif

fI2x5p.jpg

EH8sdC.gif

oBa021.jpg
    Priorities

OLVT93.gif

fNAM4y.jpg

fghVgE.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 36 degrees. The rain did end on schedule leaving everything outdoors wet OTOH. I also had one Deer run across the street right in front of me and a minute later a second one ran up the street.

https://www.rt.com/news/446154-bennu-asteroid-water-osiris-rex/
    'This is a great surprise’: NASA’s OSIRIS-REx has already discovered WATER on Bennu

https://www.rt.com/news/446416-plane-drone-collision-mexico/
    Drone shatters passenger jet’s nosecone & radar during landing (PHOTOS)

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/748366/British-Airways-flight-plane-jumbo-Boeing-747-drone-London-Heathrow-San-Fransisco
    British Airways plane nearly CRASHES in mid-air with drone over central London
    A BRITISH Airways jumbo jet carrying up to 345 passengers nearly crashed into a drone over central London, a shocking report has revealed.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-13/could-americas-deep-underground-seismic-scar-be-re-awakening
    Could America's "Deep Underground Seismic Scar" Be Re-Awakening?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1058896/world-war-3-russia-ukraine-tensions-ww3
    World War 3: ? Satellite images show HUNDREDS of Russian tanks massing on Ukraine border
    HUNDREDS of Russian tanks look poised for a mass invasion of Ukraine as tensions over Crimea threaten to boil over.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/742463/Plane-passenger-ira-shoot-flight-threat-wine-video
    Plane passenger threatens to have IRA SHOOT crew – for not giving her wine
    FOOTAGE has emerged of a passenger threatening to have cabin crew members shot on board a flight from Mumbai.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/City-requires-property-owner-who-demolished-13467909.php?t=6225f72057&f?

SF to developer who tore down landmark house: Rebuild it exactly as it was

https://www.france24.com/en/20181215-egypt-unearths-tomb-ancient-high-priest
    Egypt unearths tomb of ancient high priest
    Egyptian archaeologists have discovered the tomb of a priest dating back more than 4,400 years in the pyramid complex of Saqqara south of the capital Cairo, authorities said Saturday.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday. 8C/47F with an expected high of 11C/52F and 10% chance of precipitation.

Need to feed the felines and get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. And I need to get the garbage and recycles to the curb and do a little bit of sweeping up and vacuuming in the house.

Dinner last night was pizza so breakfast today was pizza. Lunch will be pizza. Possibly dinner too, though the other two slices that aren't lunch might go for separate snacks (morning and afternoon) but we'll see.
    Hi Ed
    I'm guessing that the stuff to the curb is for Monday pickup ? They must come early where You are, I put ours out the morning of the pickup on my way out the door walking usually or on my return home.

Pizza, Yum Yum.
    A couple of interesting takes on chicken cordon bleu.
    Potatoes do not go in that.
    Looks like a tasty way to cook cabbage.
    For me, Boiled or Raw or wrapped around Beef and Rice in a Tomato Gravy.
    IKEA Christmas buffet.
    I can't imagine a Christmas meal away from home and family.
    Make traditional panettone at home?
    As I understand it Panettone is a time consuming process to do the traditional way.
    Breakfast inventions.
    Color me a traditionalist, Don't mess with my Breakfast :wink:
    Kids try snacks from the 80s.
    Hopefully not produced in the 80s :smiley:

I guess my questions on the videos will be answered once I watch them

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Home again! I've had a good day. O is such a sweet heart. Only one really big big hitch. I gave her the baby cross that I received and have kept for 75 years. I wrote a note in her card, explaining this. She looked at the card...and looked at the card..."Grammie, I can't read this you wrote it in cursive." Yes, you read that right. And somebody in that family told me the kids could write in cursive....BS..if they can write in cursive then they 'should' be able to also read it, right??? 14 and a half...freshman in high school, gets good grades, etc....and can't read cursive.
    Our schools have gone to hell.

I've watched most of the video's...I gained 3 pounds. Thanks Edward!!!
    Hi Valerie
    Sadly I am not surprised that O could not read it, Have You seen the chicken tracks that pass for handwriting these days ?
    Mom and all of her Sisters had beautiful Penmanship, It was taught in schools then, Now I am surprised if recent graduates can fill out a Job application. Teach them a useful skill in school, Hah :(
    Read the discussion about the chicken thighs, skin on and bone in....those were my fav cuts of chicken when I used to cook them in the slow cooker. I thought they had a richer better taste than the boneless and skinless kind. Just thought I'd toss that idea out. I, of course don't eat them now...:) I also remember making Chicken Cordon Bleu back in the day!!

Roger I admire your determination out walking in wet and cold weather. I'm sure I would either just stay indoors, or do what I do, and thats go to the gym!! OH, we got 4 new machines on Friday...2 rowing machines, (I used those at Golds, neat things), and a hand peddled bicycle thingy...(used that at physical therapy, hated it), and I don't even know what to call the 4th machine,...have no idea even what it does!! Guess this week I'll learn a thing or two!!!

Thats all for now...tired, and ready for some sleep.

Later...
    I have heard that the bones add flavor in the past. I also know that if they leave the bones in You easily tell if Your "Fresh" Chicken was frozen at some point in time.
    The TV news did a item about how many of the Grocery Store chains in the City had mislabeling on the fish being sold. I remember years ago they caught some of the smaller stores removing the Use by Date and replacing it with a later date, Complete illegal naturally, The meat manager must not have wanted any waste.

I never made Chicken Cordon Bleu I always just ordered it off of a Menu or bought it from the freezer section, Color me lazy, they were good enough for me.

I have used Rowing Machines, Many Years ago on one of my Fitness tries. I had to use a hand peddled thing for Therapy too, No fun.

Good Luck, I await hearing what the fourth machine is
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 7C/44F with an expected high of 14C/57F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I need to feed the felines and I need to get out to buy kitten food for Orion (canned) and cat food for Lilo (canned) but want to try a new flavor for Lilo that our closest PetSmart doesn't carry. I will travel a bit further afield and try the nearest PetCo to see if they have it.

I could order it online but I have to buy it by the case, and the price is staggering. As she hasn't tried that flavor (the whole point of buying it) I am not about to buy a case and then find out she doesn't like it. If I can't get just a can to try, then she won't be trying it at all.

She's not too crazy about the two canned flavors of her special diet that are readily available at the vet or the nearby PetSmart and I would like to get one she actually likes if I can. They make a plain, tuna pate flavor and she generally likes tuna so I'm looking for a can of that flavor. She's an old kitty and deserves to have food that she actually likes, if it can be found. Fortunately she does like the kibble that's available from the vet (chicken flavor), but I would like her to be eating more canned food and she doesn't like the chicken pate that they have there or the alternate, vegetable and tuna stew from PetSmart, though she does like tuna. I think it's the veggie part that turns her off.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    What's eating Dan? Brussels sprouts are eating Dan???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Q4RRjNveE
  • parityanimal
    Interesting methods of shaping desserts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TURnNZqJzbM
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2018
    Some techniques that might save a bit of time in the kitchen. Or might not. I want to learn the trick of bashing two potatoes together over a bowl and instantly converting them to slices or mash. That would be very handy. And I don't recall seeing the eraser trick for peeling a potato, though the preview pic seems to show that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw-meEXN__0
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Ed
    I'm guessing that the stuff to the curb is for Monday pickup ? They must come early where You are, I put ours out the morning of the pickup on my way out the door walking usually or on my return home.

Actually, they usually don't come early, but they DO insist that it be out there before 7:00 a.m. all the same. Sometimes they come early, but I have no idea how they schedule it as I've had them come first thing in the morning or even after dark in the evening!

I think someone sometimes (maybe every time?) does a drive by around 7:00 in the morning to estimate how much garbage there is and perhaps decide how many trucks to schedule to get it all. I remember a time when I didn't get them out by 7:00 and got a nastygram left on the bin reminding me I had to get it ready by then!

I am not going to get all that together first thing in the morning while half awake and if I'm going to get it ready the night before, I might as well go ahead and roll it out to the curb. Most of the neighbors do the same as they apparently aren't going to do that first thing in the morning either.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi guys!
    I watched Emmy make Focaccia! Now I'm starving! Will watch here other video later, or else I might eat the cat or whatever else I could catch! LOL

Had a great nights sleep, so far this morning I've been at this computer.

Got my delivery from Amazon by truck already this morning. (complete with pix of package on my porch)...I really like that.

Heading to the kitchen to actually DO the one thing I've not done already....going to press a block of tofu. Honest, I really am....uh huh....

Its supposed to get up to 58 sunny degrees today....but the wind needs to calm down! Tom has been inspecting the houses he 'patrols'! He's honestly got a dog gene or two. Still waiting for him to bark.

Ok, off to the kitchen this witch said......

Later...
  • RogerToo
    8FYRI5.jpg

hMcrNM.gif

9c7U9e.jpg

BxUL0O.gif

4qFrik.jpg

zhNKPN.gif

iTkApf.jpg

GrjuYs.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 33 degrees. There was a breeze blowing that caused a cold wind chill.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/parrot-used-amazon-alexa-to-order-items-while-his-owner-was-away
    Parrot used Amazon Alexa to order items while his owner was away

https://www.foxnews.com/science/bombshell-story-behind-titanic-discovery-revealed?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork
    Bombshell story behind Titanic discovery revealed

Give me a break, it's a machine.
    https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Delivery-robot-catches-fire-at-UC-Berkeley-13470063.php
    Delivery robot bursts into flames at UC Berkeley
    Describing the robot as a "hero" and a "legend," UC Berkeley students expressed their grief on Facebook as news of a fallen KiwiBot reached the campus community.

Hah !
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Houston-pastor-on-200K-Lamborghini-gift-It-13468859.php
    Houston pastor on $200K Lamborghini gift: 'It wasn’t a pastor that bought the car. It was a husband'

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonydemarco/2018/12/14/552-carat-yellow-diamond-discovered-in-canada-largest-in-north-america/#5524a5d658e3
    552-Carat Yellow Diamond Discovered In Canada, Largest In North America

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/US-Navy-may-stop-docking-in-Haifa-after-Chinese-take-over-port-574414
    U.S. Navy may stop docking in Haifa after Chinese take over port

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/dean-martins-daughter-responds-to-baby-its-cold-outside-controversy-says-her-father-would-be-going-insane?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork
    Dean Martin’s daughter responds to ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ controversy, says her father ‘would be going insane’

https://apnews.com/dedbdfa83ab14d89b68b24f94a214a1bTrucker saves dogs thrown from vehicle on New York highway

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 7C/44F with an expected high of 14C/57F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I need to feed the felines and I need to get out to buy kitten food for Orion (canned) and cat food for Lilo (canned) but want to try a new flavor for Lilo that our closest PetSmart doesn't carry. I will travel a bit further afield and try the nearest PetCo to see if they have it.

I could order it online but I have to buy it by the case, and the price is staggering. As she hasn't tried that flavor (the whole point of buying it) I am not about to buy a case and then find out she doesn't like it. If I can't get just a can to try, then she won't be trying it at all.

She's not too crazy about the two canned flavors of her special diet that are readily available at the vet or the nearby PetSmart and I would like to get one she actually likes if I can. They make a plain, tuna pate flavor and she generally likes tuna so I'm looking for a can of that flavor. She's an old kitty and deserves to have food that she actually likes, if it can be found. Fortunately she does like the kibble that's available from the vet (chicken flavor), but I would like her to be eating more canned food and she doesn't like the chicken pate that they have there or the alternate, vegetable and tuna stew from PetSmart, though she does like tuna. I think it's the veggie part that turns her off.
    Hi Ed
    That makes a lot of sense, trying a new flavor before buying a case. Cats get to eat Pate ? I'm guessing, once again that it is actually meat in a paste flavor rather than real Pate.

I would also turn my nose up at Vegetable & Tuna Stew :smiley:
    SOURDOUGH Focaccia Recipe - Italian olive oil flatbread
    At first glance I was reminded of a large Cracker :smiley:
    Focaccia is a sort of large soft cracker ?
    CINCINNATI CHILI SPAGHETTI & Coney Dog
    Coney Dog, Maybe they mean Coney Island Hot Dog, I will know later when I watch it.
    What's eating Dan? Brussels sprouts are eating Dan???
    Or maybe Dan is eating Sprouts.
    Interesting methods of shaping desserts.
    Or maybe just leave them in the regular looking form.
    Some techniques that might save a bit of time in the kitchen. Or might not. I want to learn the trick of bashing two potatoes together over a bowl and instantly converting them to slices or mash. That would be very handy. And I don't recall seeing the eraser trick for peeling a potato, though the preview pic seems to show that.
    Until watch this one I will reserve judgement on if they are useless tricks or just a trick...
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Ed
    Actually, they usually don't come early, but they DO insist that it be out there before 7:00 a.m. all the same. Sometimes they come early, but I have no idea how they schedule it as I've had them come first thing in the morning or even after dark in the evening!

I think someone sometimes (maybe every time?) does a drive by around 7:00 in the morning to estimate how much garbage there is and perhaps decide how many trucks to schedule to get it all. I remember a time when I didn't get them out by 7:00 and got a nastygram left on the bin reminding me I had to get it ready by then!

I am not going to get all that together first thing in the morning while half awake and if I'm going to get it ready the night before, I might as well go ahead and roll it out to the curb. Most of the neighbors do the same as they apparently aren't going to do that first thing in the morning either.
    Ha, They come when they come here too, The worst offender being the Separate day Recycle pick up, They come at any time after 7AM to 7PM :(

I get reminded to put mine out when I am walking and see others at the curb. For the garbage, I usually get it ready the night before and put it in the can on the porch and then put it out on my return. Even in a can I sometimes see neighbors knocked over in the night and torn open so I put it out in the morning.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi guys!
    I watched Emmy make Focaccia! Now I'm starving! Will watch here other video later, or else I might eat the cat or whatever else I could catch! LOL

Had a great nights sleep, so far this morning I've been at this computer.

Got my delivery from Amazon by truck already this morning. (complete with pix of package on my porch)...I really like that.

Heading to the kitchen to actually DO the one thing I've not done already....going to press a block of tofu. Honest, I really am....uh huh....

Its supposed to get up to 58 sunny degrees today....but the wind needs to calm down! Tom has been inspecting the houses he 'patrols'! He's honestly got a dog gene or two. Still waiting for him to bark.

Ok, off to the kitchen this witch said......

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    That is the problem with watching Videos dealing with food, That being the cravings they can cause :blush:

I don't think the Picture of the delivered item works with Firefox or maybe all browsers, Since I use Firefox and occasionally the Microsoft Browser. Usually I use the MS browser to look up items on Amazon and hope they do not notice it is me.

Nice and warm compared to here.

I got woke up a little before 3AM by what sounded like a Cats squall followed shortly by other cat type noises for a while and never did manage to fall asleep again :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 4C/40F with an expected high of 15C/59F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I've given Lilo her Tuesday shot, but still need to feed the cats and clean up yesterday's cat bowls. And I need to call the dentist as I need to have at least one tooth looked at. I can already say that it will either need a large filling or possibly a root canal. If it needs a root canal, I'm hoping that they can re-use the existing crown. This, of course, assumes I have the right tooth in mind as sometimes the pain seems to be one place but is originating somewhere else.

I'm hoping they can fit me in today. I may have managed 2 hours or so of poor sleep during the night as being horizontal magnified the pain to un-sleepable proportions for the majority of the night, despite what pain relief I was able to apply. There were some short periods where I managed to not feel the pain for a while and snooze fitfully. Since I was pretty aware of a problem fairly early in the evening, dinner last night was Farfalle a la Vodka, using vodka sauce from a jar. It was pretty good, and may inspire Eduardo to try making a vodka sauce from scratch, though I know there are difficulties with getting cream and tomato sauce to live happily together without either too much heat or too much acid (or both) causing some curdling. Eduardo may have to just forego such efforts.

If I get out to the dentist, may pick up a few grocery items on the way home. Our dentist is right across the street from our Kroger. :)

And I have yesterday's laundry to fold and put away. The first load is sitting on the machines in the laundry room and the second is in the dryer, drying.

UPDATE:

I have a dentist appointment now at 11:00 this morning. Yay?

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    36 dishes in 36 hours challenge. Surely some of these will be vegetarian or vegan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v92nrfDAdCU
  • parityanimal