Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Back to the Wolfe pit! Let's see what Mr. Wolfe is eating now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmdOCs-uirE
  • parityanimal
    How long will condiments last in the fridge?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu_Lw-q7yPE
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2018
    Breakfast on the go. And on a budget! I do have to wonder though, since he get stuff out of his "condiment drawer" so much, does he have to eat budget meals at home because he spends too much money on fast food trips? Or does he just pick up (steal is such a harsh word...) a "few" packets of every available condiment on rare fast food trips, whether it's a condiment he needs for that meal or not? And one wonders how many fast food napkins are in another drawer that he hasn't mentioned.

To me, if they GIVE me too many packets of a condiment, too many napkins, a utensil kit (with salt packet, pepper packet, and perhaps a napkin) that I won't use as I'm taking it home, or I just happen to grab one (or even two) more ketchup packets than I actually end up using, that's one thing.

But to deliberately grab big handfuls of extra napkins, condiments, plastic utensils, etc, is really just stealing and the person doing it may manage to justify it to himself somehow but it's still stealing, and he knows that deep down inside. Now if they really are so poor that they have to to this to get by, then one wonders whey they are even eating at a fast food joint, but I suppose someone may be treating them to a meal, and I guess I won't necessarily begrudge them the few packets of ketchup and the like, but the rest of us are paying for what they steal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJtXlYsQj2s
  • parityanimal
    A couple of interesting, but not low carb, items in two back to back videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Ag_lczCB0
  • parityanimal
    Roger, I know you're interested in technology. You might like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGZ4KmSMbuk
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hello!
    Roger said Hello Valerie....??? did I not post yesterday? Sorry, I guess!

Had a great day yesterday. Dr. Pat got me back in alignment. Apparently I was all out of whack. I do know there was a neck issue, and a rib that was being bothersome, on the other hand, my hips seemed to be ok, as she didn't do any thing involving my hips! :) And from there to Jimmy's for my much needed hair cut...followed by meeting Ted at Whole Foods to eat and shop. We tried to go to the Botanical Gardens, but it seems they are closing an hour early, and then reopening for the folks that have bought tickets to see their light shows. Oh, well.

There are now 2 Tesla's living on Ted's block, (one new one next door), and another around the corner...I had to stop and inspect them all of course!!!

And that left me coming home at the beginning of rush hour traffic on I-85 N. That really doesn't bother me, since I do it so seldom, and am never in a hurry anyhow.

Our Costco here in GA is selling gas at $1.93 today. That is the difference between our state taxes on gasoline and the same in NJ.

I'm hungry already tonite. Hmmmm. Before I had changed clothes tonite, "O" messaged me that she wasn't going tonite. So, no trip to Sweet Tomatoes...and I think that's good. I ate my 'treat' Chicken Fried Tofu' yesterday and a small scoop of their Vegan Mac & Cheeze. And a healthy pile of broccoli.

My thought like yours Roger...vegan butter??? I haven't watched any of those just yet...will do so over my dinner.

later, i seem to have a lap full of cat

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    4onu3B.jpg

IvmeRU.jpg

X4tRWw.jpg

sw93pd.gif

0vt4MQ.jpg

5mlNB9.gif

je7yQv.jpg

Ruws7Q.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking, I looked down and saw a shiny Dime, then pennies, Nickels and Quarters, Then I woke up and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 39 degrees.

https://apnews.com/d369711f043941c888e5409a70a630fb
    Metaphorical Washington ‘swamp’ overrun by actual vermin

https://abc7news.com/society/auto-body-shop-in-antioch-gives-away-cars-to-those-in-need/4887453/
    Auto body shop in Antioch gives away cars to those in need

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/12/11/omg-now-california-wants-to-tax-text-messaging/
    Now California wants to tax text-messaging?
    State regulators say surcharge on text messaging would help fund programs that make phone service accessible to the poor
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/12/12/fcc-decision-deals-blow-to-california-text-tax-plan/

https://www.livescience.com/64282-hidden-adelie-penguin-supercolony.html
    How This Supercolony of 1.5 Million Penguins Stayed Hidden for Nearly 3,000 Years

Just Wrong to Bully a 11 year old
    http://eagnews.org/middle-schooler-forced-to-change-trump-name-after-years-of-relentless-bullying/
    Middle schooler forced to change ‘Trump’ name after years of relentless bullying

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/whole-foods-cutting-food-packaging-with-cancer-linked-chemicals#gs.S7qJ9w4
    Whole Foods Ranked Worst on Cancer-Linked Package Chemicals

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 3C/38F with an expected high of 12C/54F and no chance of precipitation.

Already got the felines fed and yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. Might get out for a bit today. I lucked out at Kroger yesterday. The warehouse was overloaded on boneless pork loin and had shipped them two crates of very short time pork loins. I was there AS the butcher manager was giving them their final markdown to $0.77 per pound to do their best to get them out of the store and into people's freezers. As he's a friend of mine, he made sure to point out what he was doing, while I was perusing the other marked down meat.

I bought two of them, quite nice sized, one at $3.31 and one at $3.39. These are larger pork loins than I usually buy and i did consider cutting the largest one down into pork chops but, in the end, decided to freeze them both whole. I can always freeze leftovers after cooking a pork loin if I don't think I'll eat the whole thing within three days. And with these sizes I very well might not eat the whole thing within three days, but leftovers can be shredded and mixed with barbecue sauce or chunked up for making hash, or cut into bite size pieced for a quick pork Marsala...I can have lots of fun with leftover pork loin.

I also bought one marked down package (still not terribly cheap, but at least affordable) of shaved beef and made a beef, onion, and broccoli stir fry for dinner last night. I have at least two servings of this left, and will likely be eating one serving for today's lunch.
    Hi Ed
    Precipitation in the forecast for tonight into Saturday :( OTOH the temperatures are going up to 50 degrees before dropping back down the next day, if the weather forecast is to be believed :wink:

Your pork story reminds me of something back when I temping as a driver before one of those turned into a full time job. I was delivering Cases of Beef to a store in the Philadelphia area and the meat manager was opening every case and looking at the cryovac meat. I asked why and he showed me, They were near the end of their life just like Your pork, He said I got a great price on these and he was looking for ones that had a failed Cryovac so he could use the first.

Shredded Pork with BBQ sauce, Yummy. The stir fry sounds tasty too.
    Back to the Wolfe pit! Let's see what Mr. Wolfe is eating now.
    Hmm... HEAT IT & EAT IT Chicken Parmesan Sandwich!
    It looks good except that it appears to be heavy on the bread between the sandwich loaf and the breading.
    How long will condiments last in the fridge?
    That is a very good question, I suspect that it depends on many variables. How old it was before You got, How impervious the packaging is and what the contents are, I am interested in knowing however.
    Breakfast on the go. And on a budget! I do have to wonder though, since he get stuff out of his "condiment drawer" so much, does he have to eat budget meals at home because he spends too much money on fast food trips? Or does he just pick up (steal is such a harsh word...) a "few" packets of every available condiment on rare fast food trips, whether it's a condiment he needs for that meal or not? And one wonders how many fast food napkins are in another drawer that he hasn't mentioned.

To me, if they GIVE me too many packets of a condiment, too many napkins, a utensil kit (with salt packet, pepper packet, and perhaps a napkin) that I won't use as I'm taking it home, or I just happen to grab one (or even two) more ketchup packets than I actually end up using, that's one thing.

But to deliberately grab big handfuls of extra napkins, condiments, plastic utensils, etc, is really just stealing and the person doing it may manage to justify it to himself somehow but it's still stealing, and he knows that deep down inside. Now if they really are so poor that they have to to this to get by, then one wonders whey they are even eating at a fast food joint, but I suppose someone may be treating them to a meal, and I guess I won't necessarily begrudge them the few packets of ketchup and the like, but the rest of us are paying for what they steal.
    I have Ketchup Packets in the refrigerator drawer, some of the time they just throw them in or if they do not throw them in and I ask for some they throw a handful in.

I have extra Napkins on hand from my coffee runs, sometimes I use them all and sometimes I don't since I can not foresee the future sometimes I run short and sometimes I have leftovers. DO I feel guilty, Nope.

I suspect that budget meals at home is just his thing for the YouTube Videos. and that he does a lot of Fast food eating due to the speed and convenience and TBH the stuff is semi addictive.

When I get Chinese Takeout I try to remember to tell them hold the rice and Fortune cookies for example. If I get The Chicken Wings I grab some of the salt packets since they just seem saltier and enhance the taste better than the Kosher Salt in the shaker here, Courtesy of my Brother who wants to use it up since he bought it for some recipe in the past.

Some of the Hamburger chains charge for extra sauces and condiments so maybe it does bother them.
    A couple of interesting, but not low carb, items in two back to back videos.
    Pass on the High Carb foods :smiley:
    Roger, I know you're interested in technology. You might like this one.
    Some of the time the better product is not the winner, Think Betamax Vs VHS. I will be looking at this later.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!
    Roger said Hello Valerie....??? did I not post yesterday? Sorry, I guess!

Had a great day yesterday. Dr. Pat got me back in alignment. Apparently I was all out of whack. I do know there was a neck issue, and a rib that was being bothersome, on the other hand, my hips seemed to be ok, as she didn't do any thing involving my hips! :) And from there to Jimmy's for my much needed hair cut...followed by meeting Ted at Whole Foods to eat and shop. We tried to go to the Botanical Gardens, but it seems they are closing an hour early, and then reopening for the folks that have bought tickets to see their light shows. Oh, well.

There are now 2 Tesla's living on Ted's block, (one new one next door), and another around the corner...I had to stop and inspect them all of course!!!

And that left me coming home at the beginning of rush hour traffic on I-85 N. That really doesn't bother me, since I do it so seldom, and am never in a hurry anyhow.
    Hi Valerie
    Back in alignment, I bet You feel much better now. Have You seen the Whole foods thing I posted today before ?

It sounds as if There might be a Tesla in Your future ?

If I never have to go near rush hour traffic again it will be to soon for me even if I am never in a hurry.
    Our Costco here in GA is selling gas at $1.93 today. That is the difference between our state taxes on gasoline and the same in NJ.

I'm hungry already tonite. Hmmmm. Before I had changed clothes tonite, "O" messaged me that she wasn't going tonite. So, no trip to Sweet Tomatoes...and I think that's good. I ate my 'treat' Chicken Fried Tofu' yesterday and a small scoop of their Vegan Mac & Cheeze. And a healthy pile of broccoli.

My thought like yours Roger...vegan butter??? I haven't watched any of those just yet...will do so over my dinner.

later, i seem to have a lap full of cat
    I suspect that You are correct on the gas tax thing, We used to be one of the lowest and now we are one of the highest gas tax states.

Vegan Mac & Cheeze, from Whole Foods or home made ?

No Sweet Tomatoes, saved some money I suppose that way.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2018
    Howdy all y'all. it's fabulous Friday! 7C/45F with an expected high of 10C/50F and 100% chance of precipitation, which I have not yet visually verified. It says to expect "occasional" rain starting at 7:45 but then the hourly forecast pretty much shows rain the rest of the day. Maybe it stops for the half hours or something, occasionally,

Need to feed the cats and get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. I had thought of possibly getting out in it but if it's that icky I will probably just stay inside except for getting the mail.

And of course rainy days are lovely for nap time. I'm sure the felines would be in full agreement with me on that.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    An opinion on some soups you should possibly never eat. And then a few that are highly recommended!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxLBFyeOF_0
  • parityanimal
    Does this lady's "leaked" KFC recipe really taste like KFC or is it just pretty good chicken?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5MFrPzo7mg
  • parityanimal
    OK. We've had our soup and our entree so let's try dessert!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuRauufCtjQ
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hey, back again!
    Were you surprised Roger? It still took me awhile to give in to sleep. So I slept late. :) Nice that I can to that! To make up for lost time, I have both the dishwasher and the clothes washer working!!

Yes Roger I did read the article about WF and packaging. May, or may not, be the cause of the hot bar food containers were all either the plastic plates or the Chinese to go box ilk. Not fond of the Chinese cardboard, loved the big containers that looks to hold a quart?... Since I don't eat there more than or shop there nearly as often as I used to...not gonna worry over it.

My breakfast this morning was, well delightful...maybe not so nutritional though! I ate the last of the vegan chocolate frosted and multi colored sprinkled donuts, also had a medium banana, and my one lonely cup of 'real' coffee. Planned to take a pix ..forgot. I can tel you every last morsel was delicious.

I've had dreams like that so very real...If I ever own a Tesla you will know I've won a big chunk of lottery money! So while you dream of shiny dimes, pennies, etc. I wait for my turn at the lottery money! LOL!!

Ed, Good Morning! Trader Joes, seems to be the 'it' place lately. Every foodie group I follow has suddenly started reviewing TJ's products. Most interesting. I should note that Ted has one maybe 3 or 4 blocks from his house, and has been browsing there a lot! And because of just where he lives, he's maybe another block or two from Whole Foods. So I get reviews from both stores. I know he also sometimes shops Kroger and Publix. Dog food for Maya comes from a store in same shopping area as TJ's. They sell overpriced dog foods, dog treats, etc....they also have the neatest 'dog wash', I've ever seen...Dog walks up a ramp. You close the door, and scrub your own animal with soap, and towels provided. Even hair dryers are available! Maya loves it, and so does Ted! I was 30-40 years younger when Jack's dog Greta and I would wrestle over bath time....

I'm about to be reminded to take a walk. Gotta love Fitbit!

Later...

• GardenKatGardens
    About gas prices. $1.96 yesterday at Costco....$1.97 today!!! Ya know I'd have been happy if it was $1.95!! Was hoping for a 'trend'. Oh well....
  • GardenKatGardens
    Finally! I watched the Vegan butter, and then I watched her (Rosa) make cashew butter. Call me lazy..but Costco has Cashew Butter, and its not expensive. I'd have to do a bit of calculating, but I'm willing to bet buying ready made is cheaper. Buying raw cashew's is pricy! There was a time when I discovered it was cheaper to buy Silk Almond milk, than it was to make it. Haven't checked lately though. Don't use that much anymore. In the beginning it seemed I was using quite a bit of Almond Milk....oh!!! did I tell you I found RIPPLE in one cup servings....yep, Ripple (Almond milk)!!! Not the really cheap wine, from when? my college days? I had to laugh when I saw it. Yep, Mom's hitting the Ripple!!!

Kitchen's cleaned up, I didn't eat my pear...my dinner filled me up. Will have pear tomorrow.

It has rained quite a bit today, supposed to stop tomorrow. I sure hope. Tom wanted to be out of the house, but, didn't want to be out in the rain either. It was funny to watch him. He'd go to the front door, I'd open the door and the storm door, he'd dash to the end of the porch, hesitate, look over his shoulder at me, like I'd played a dirty trick on him, and then he's zoom back into the house. This went on all day today.

Ok, I'm going to gather up my marbles and go to my room! Its my turn to play a Scrabble word, and there are a couple news stories I'd like to read, etc a Suduko puzzle, maybe a jigsaw puzzle and chances are I'll nod off to sleep still wearing my glasses!! I got these frames from Costco for a song, and that was most likely at least 5 years ago...this sleeping in them is fairly new, but it doesn't seem to hurt them....I know one day I'll wake and have broken the frames. Not before the holidays I sure hope!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    o9Ad5u.jpg

FNvA4m.gif

GbWJDG.jpg

LBf6Z1.gif

tbfioh.jpg

UfQodz.gif

sbf13F.jpg

qsujSv.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 48 degrees. The rain in the forecast moved in by 7PM Friday and it is still raining this morning.

Yesterday was a busy for me day. Haircut, Home Depot, CostCo, Then a run to the recycle yard and Putting up the Christmas Tree. That is the cheapest I have gotten out of CostCo in a while, Under $40 :smiley:

https://inews.co.uk/news/technology/russian-robot-boris-man-in-suit-russia-24/
    A Russian robot named ‘Boris’ hailed as hi-tech on state TV has been unmasked as a man in a suit

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article223040250.html
    Your risk of heart attack is greatest at this specific time on Christmas Eve, study says

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-13/a-billionaire-vanished-for-400-days-and-his-global-empire-boomed
    A Billionaire Vanished for 400 Days and His Empire Boomed

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2018/12/13/carnival-cruise-line-plans-roller-coaster-new-ship-mardi-gras/2298401002/
    Giant new Carnival ship coming in 2020 will have a roller coaster. Really

https://apnews.com/8c85bfa0776d4cad8bc329da08beba51
    Scientists scour WWI shipwreck to solve military mystery

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger