Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,212 Member
    Here's George Jetson! Er...that is, here's some foods that he might eat in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duJFWcF6e6w
  • parityanimal
    The dangers of second hand glitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAim13i8k1I
  • parityanimal
    Quick and crispy, diner style home fries?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM6_HAiUIlA
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    uezX5Q.jpg

BsahW8.gif

nB5AY9.jpg

4GCAnD.gif

foBwlw.jpg

HQUnTI.gif

f5YHE9.jpg

HTKQBb.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm home and did not go walking as I suspect my brother will want to shovel this very heavy wet snow. Just in case I did not drink all of yesterdays coffee and will heating it up in a minute. The Temperature out the door is 35 degrees. Yesterday's forecast was for the northern half of NJ to start as a wet snow and rain in the southern part. The Snow is supposed to turn to rain at some point, that happened much later than was forecast and the snow out my windows that should have been washed away is still out there slowly going away in a slushy mess..

According to this mornings news some students were stuck in school overnight. Yesterdays rush hour traffic was horrendous with normally 15 minute drives taking 5+ hours.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-us-city-is-paying-people-more-than-10000-just-to-move-there-2018-11-14
    Tulsa is paying people more than $10,000 just to move there

https://www.apnews.com/584754eadd0a43a1ab5bf93af54845af
    Next generation of biotech food heading for grocery stores

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/bailey-richardson-decided-to-quit-instagram-this-year-she-also-helped-create-the-social-media-app-1947551
    She Decided To Quit Instagram This Year. Had Also Helped Create It
    68 per cent of Americans have either quit or taken a break from social media this year, according to the Pew Research Center.

https://fox8.com/2018/11/12/dog-food-recalled-for-making-pets-violently-ill/
    Dog food recalled for making pets violently ill

https://www.sfgate.com/california-wildfires/article/Paradise-Camp-Fire-horse-found-pool-rescued-Hill-13388884.php
    Shivering horse found waiting out Camp Fire in backyard pool

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/environment/sd-me-climate-study-error-20181113-story.html
    Climate contrarian uncovers scientific error, upends major ocean warming study

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article221652130.html
    The ‘staggering’ raccoons were acting rabid, but they were just drunk, W.Va. cops say

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/meteorite-crater-meteor-greenland-ice-sheet-hiawatha-glacier-scientists-a8633826.html
    Giant meteorite crater bigger than Paris found beneath Greenland’s ice sheet
    Impact could have 'drastically altered the climate and led to serious consequences for life on Earth at the time', scientists say

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 4C/40F with an expected high of 6C/43F and 70% chance of precipitation. Haven't checked outside yet to see if it's really 100% for here.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and feed the cats. We're supposed to have freezing temperatures tonight so we need to get the rest of the plants into either the garage or the greenhouse. Other than that I don't know that I have a lot on the agenda.
    Hi Ed
    Lucky You, we had a hard frost last week that got most things and what did not get killed was blasted a few days later.

Not much on my plate for today so far, hopefully no shoveling, we shall see. I did manage to sleep in later than usual so that's to the good.
    Stuart tried out of date drinks from around the world. And we see a piece of furniture that's not his brown sofa!
    Out of date or out of favor, I'll know for sure later when I watch the videos You posted.
    KFC chicken and waffles? He says it made him call his momma! Well, I guess it wasn't so good he needed to slap his momma. We had a barbecue place in the Memphis area that advertised as "so good, you'll slap your momma!" and I always thought that was kind of strange. They did have good barbecue, but since my momma was over 200 miles away I couldn't have slapped her even if it did make me want to, which it didn't. LOL.
    Chicken and Waffles seems to me to be a Southern food.
    Here's George Jetson! Er...that is, here's some foods that he might eat in the future.
    I saw something about that in medical news a while back, I wonder if this is related to that ?
    The dangers of second hand glitter.
    Second hand Glitter dangerous ? Maybe to the environment ?
    Quick and crispy, diner style home fries?
    This one will likely be the first one I watch. I love Crispy Fries, mainly Fast Food ones as the Diner ones can often sit to long after cooking waiting for the waitress.

Followed by the KFC Chicken and Waffles :smiley:

BTW I wonder where the Wolfe pit guy finds frozen dinners that cheap ? If I get lucky I might catch them near that price on sale.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
    Unless I missed Your post ?
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! -1C/31F with an expected high of 12C/55F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I'm still getting used to the new glasses as the progression of the bifocal is somewhat different from the prior pair, but it's all coming along. I always have to be careful when going downstairs and that's been true for years with bifocals. Still beats having to carry around two pairs of glasses.

We got the last (at least J thinks so) of the plants in last night, with most done before dinner and the remaining two, which were easy to do, after dinner so everything should be good on the plants.

I need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and feed the cats. We may have company this evening for dinner/drinks and a movie but we'll see. That may not work out. We have begun communications with a cat rescue group regarding meet and greet session(s) with some potential adoptees, possibly another kitten or possibly an adult, though I'm leaning toward kitten again as it was really fun watching the kitten grow and interact with the younger adults.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Shopping at an Asian market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tnNR5l3AUY
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Bringing food back from the dead? Zombie food?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7ErRb_CQGk
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Friday morning..cold (32) windy, (feels like 23) Nov. is setting a really poor example for December.
    Chicken and waffles. Sounds good...I've not eaten yet, almost anything would sound good at this moment.
    I was going to let Tom E. out the front door, per our morning routine. He wouldn't even come close to the door!! Smart Kitty!

Ed, no further words. Love and hugs to you both.

Slap your Mamma...is an old cliche? I have a book, in just a minute I'll go look to see it that is in said book.

Watching the wind out my window...its looks ferocious!! And yet those golden leaves still cling to the branches waiting for ?????? LOL!!!

I saw the noodles in our Publix, over with the small area with tempeh, tofu, the vegan cheeses, etc. I picked them up, looked at them, put them back in the refrigerated case. I don't think I even looked at the price. I'll eat rice pasta sometimes, Udon noodles made with buckwheat flour, and good old fashioned flour pasta! ON the other hand, there is a product..from the 'Just' company, that claims to be an egg substitute suitable for making scrambled eggs, crepes, and other eggy stuff. That I would at least try. Go figure......

I know Roger's not fond of sea food...but I used to love shrimp salad...and the thought of ruining good shrimp salad with a couple hot dogs...not in this life!! LOL!

Ok, now on to reading the next 'page' from this mornings post....
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Continued...
    Has anyone eaten long beans? I've seen them..never ate them..advice???

Snow and school closings. Several years ago Roger, we had that awful winter day that all the businesses and all the schools released at the same time, clogging roads, turning snow to ice, and people stranded in cars, kids taken back to school for the night cuz they couldn't get them home, etc. Let me tell you they learned a lot from that. Your schools will also.

Well, banana eaten with new teeth! Not that you really need teeth to eat a banana, but...Jack laughed at me...I told him that while at Publix I picked up bagel chips and hummus. Hooray!! I can still eat junk food!!! LOL!!

Looking out my window, today we have a garbage truck that picks up our trash cans, dumps them and sets them back at the curb. Haven't seen one of those on our street. The cul-de-sac is a bit of a hassle for the driver, but he got it done! :)

I think I have chores...like empty the dishwasher, maybe roast a pan of veggies, start a load of laundry, run the sweeper, all the while being harassed by a cat! Wish me luck.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    b78H8l.png

h1oYTZ.gif

B2BTSQ.jpg

0AIbFy.gif

khY0Xy.jpg

zyHvUA.jpg

paugz0.jpg

EGPTFE.gif
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! -1C/31F with an expected high of 12C/55F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I'm still getting used to the new glasses as the progression of the bifocal is somewhat different from the prior pair, but it's all coming along. I always have to be careful when going downstairs and that's been true for years with bifocals. Still beats having to carry around two pairs of glasses.

We got the last (at least J thinks so) of the plants in last night, with most done before dinner and the remaining two, which were easy to do, after dinner so everything should be good on the plants.

I need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and feed the cats. We may have company this evening for dinner/drinks and a movie but we'll see. That may not work out. We have begun communications with a cat rescue group regarding meet and greet session(s) with some potential adoptees, possibly another kitten or possibly an adult, though I'm leaning toward kitten again as it was really fun watching the kitten grow and interact with the younger adults.
    Hi Ed
    Fabulous Friday it might be where You are, Here Friday was a weird day with Thursdays snow having turned to rain and then after I would normally have been home it turned back to snow for a while. If You are wondering why I stayed indoors Friday, The streets were covered with wet slush and I could see myself being hit by slush thrown by passing cars. Southern NJ only had rain and wind. We got it all here.

Stairs can be tricky enough as You get older without BiFocals :wink:
    My Brother tried and ended up rejecting Progressive BiFocals, he just could not get used to them.

It sounds as if You are looking to get a new kitten sooner rather than later. I would think a kitten would learn Your routine and how to interact faster ? Good Luck with the Meet and Greet.
    Shopping at an Asian market.
    Dessert on a budget.
    Sweet Tooth Struggle for me too.
    Bringing food back from the dead? Zombie food?
    I have seen some of the Chefs on cooking contest shows working to revive under or over churned Ice Cream due to time constraints, I imagine that other foods sometimes need rescuing too. Such as a sauce that breaks.

As always, thanks for the Videos
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Friday morning..cold (32) windy, (feels like 23) Nov. is setting a really poor example for December.
    Chicken and waffles. Sounds good...I've not eaten yet, almost anything would sound good at this moment.
    I was going to let Tom E. out the front door, per our morning routine. He wouldn't even come close to the door!! Smart Kitty!

Ed, no further words. Love and hugs to you both.

Slap your Mamma...is an old cliche? I have a book, in just a minute I'll go look to see it that is in said book.

Watching the wind out my window...its looks ferocious!! And yet those golden leaves still cling to the branches waiting for ?????? LOL!!!

I saw the noodles in our Publix, over with the small area with tempeh, tofu, the vegan cheeses, etc. I picked them up, looked at them, put them back in the refrigerated case. I don't think I even looked at the price. I'll eat rice pasta sometimes, Udon noodles made with buckwheat flour, and good old fashioned flour pasta! ON the other hand, there is a product..from the 'Just' company, that claims to be an egg substitute suitable for making scrambled eggs, crepes, and other eggy stuff. That I would at least try. Go figure......
    Hi Valerie
    Smart Cat :smiley:

Some of the leaves are tough. There were lots of broken off branches and uprooted trees due to certain species that still had lots of leaves and the snow built up on the leaves and branches and down they went. Tough on the people whose cars and houses had trees fall on them.

Interesting that You saw them in the refrigerated area, Mine came in a plain cardboard box that contains the bags. The bags are marked Certified vegan, Paleo friendly, Circle U which as I understand it means Kosher except for Passover and Non GMO, and Made in Japan. And they are marked refrigerate after opening.

I know I would try the Egg Substitute however I like eggs.
    I know Roger's not fond of sea food...but I used to love shrimp salad...and the thought of ruining good shrimp salad with a couple hot dogs...not in this life!! LOL!

Ok, now on to reading the next 'page' from this mornings post....
    My Brother keeps telling me I do not know what I'm missing and I think to myself there are too many tasty foods without adding more to the list and expensive items at that.

I looked at it the other way as ruining good Hot Dogs with Shrimp Salad :wink:
    Continued...
    Has anyone eaten long beans? I've seen them..never ate them..advice???

Snow and school closings. Several years ago Roger, we had that awful winter day that all the businesses and all the schools released at the same time, clogging roads, turning snow to ice, and people stranded in cars, kids taken back to school for the night cuz they couldn't get them home, etc. Let me tell you they learned a lot from that. Your schools will also.

Well, banana eaten with new teeth! Not that you really need teeth to eat a banana, but...Jack laughed at me...I told him that while at Publix I picked up bagel chips and hummus. Hooray!! I can still eat junk food!!! LOL!!

Looking out my window, today we have a garbage truck that picks up our trash cans, dumps them and sets them back at the curb. Haven't seen one of those on our street. The cul-de-sac is a bit of a hassle for the driver, but he got it done! :)

I think I have chores...like empty the dishwasher, maybe roast a pan of veggies, start a load of laundry, run the sweeper, all the while being harassed by a cat! Wish me luck.

Later...
    If You mean the Japanese Long beans then yes. I love them from the Asian Food Center hot food section where they come in a sauce. I like my beans a little crunchy FWIW.

I remember seeing that on the news, The roads became completely iced over as I recall it. Here the traffic was a nightmare due to the roads not being plowed as they were covered with cars. The plows were out trying, they just could not get through the traffic. We had more snow and slush than ice on the roads. That was enough to wreak havoc with many main highways climbing hills and cars not being able to get traction to get up them. Ice would have made it worse. From a news broadcast one parent trying to go 10 miles to pick up her son at a daycare center took 9 hours.

My one brother had one of those garbage truck routes where the driver sits in the cab and a arm reaches out and picks up the can. The problem was the cans had to be a certain distance from the street and no cars parked in the way or no garbage was picked up. The other problem on certain cans were allowed. My other brother and I both had (have) garbage pickups where real people handle the trash.

Laundry, I knew there was something needed doing, Thanks I think for reminding me. :smiley:

The Noise of the sweeper does not bother the cat unless You mean the manual Bissel type sweeper.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

2C/35F with an expected high of 17C/62F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I was up way past pumpkin time last night (I turn into a pumpkin at midnight) because we had a friend over for pizza and a movie and we just ran really late. It was after 1:00 before I got to bed, but Lilo still wanted to get up at 6:00. I think S was really more concerned about whether we were doing OK after losing Oliver so suddenly and we did talk about that a bit at first but then steered the conversation toward happier things. Then S had 2 1/2 vodka martinis, complementing me on my mixology skills, and he got really happy. I had probably somewhat less, and am more used to hard liquor now and then, and finished off the half that he didn't drink. We made sure after that that he was here long enough and ate enough pizza and cookies to be OK to drive home. I went to bed shortly after he left but J was staying up for a bit and S was supposed to text him when he got home to his cats.

Might try to get in a bit more sleep when I finish my tea, if I can.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Fried pillows of bread - a new Mexican staple? They're not new to me, and they had me at BREAD anyway. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKZASkqbRkA
  • parityanimal
    Thanksgiving sides with a twist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv6Tm-pv208
  • parityanimal
    Chefs review more kitchen gadgets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn3AhUzSOPs
  • parityanimal
    Blind frozen pizza taste testing.