Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Grief...why didn't I post this morning? Oh, well...
    Spent the morning in the kitchen prepping, and roasting a lot of veggies. Roasted a red pepper, a head of cauliflower, a sweet potato, a russet potato, a pound of pre cut butternut squash, (that was easy), an onion, and one batch I think maybe the russet potato had 3 cloves of garlic with it...put the pepper in a paper bag, and 'skinned' it when it had cooled a bit. It'll get chopped or sliced into any number of dishes, I also roasted an entire bag of Brussels Sprouts...after they'd roasted about 20 minutes, I turned every one of those little dudes over, one at a time...put them back into the oven, set the timer...and totally forgot about them...cutest little walnut colored charcoal lumps you've ever seen........I'd set, but not started the timer.... I was so mad at myself. Will have to buy another bag, as I was really looking forward to eating those. :( Everything else is good, and will last me most of the coming week... Tonites dinner is left over Tofu Teriyaki. Made it last night with water chestnuts, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot etc. Oh, and snap peas. Was good buy way to much to eat, so I have leftovers...YIPEE!!!

The sun has been out since early this morning...Tom E and I have a 'morning routine' I come out of my room, walk the 4-5 steps, turn off the house alarm, open the door to the garage, and 'WE' look outside. Then I turn, and tell Tom I need to do my job....(hit the start button on the coffee)..somehow, he lets me walk over there without challenging me by herding me elsewhere, or otherwise trying to trip me...then the walk thru the living room, I really have to be careful ...the herding begins. Open his can of wet food, and put kibble in his other dish, get him some fresh water, take my thyroid pill, grab my banana, a glass of water, and hopefully get thru the living room while he's still eating. Pick up my coffee and go straight to my desk, closing the door behind me!!! Most mornings I will come out shortly, and invite him to go outside...by opening the front door, and the storm door. These rainy mornings he looks, and goes back into the living room. But after being indoors for 2 days straight he BOLTED out the door today, and I've not seen him since. I'm sure he's found a nice sunny spot and has napped all day! Nearly 5 p.m. so he should show up shortly for his dinner...

Because I love cabbage, the cabbage balls sounded good to me...easy enough to do, except the eggs. I'm open for suggestions Ed. I've never made flax eggs, but I may give that a try. I eat ground flax daily anyway...so if it actually holds the mix together...mmmmmm!!!

I did go to Kroger, in a rain break...spent a long time in there...looking at everything, talking with Theresa my Starbucks Boss Lady...etc. and got into my car also during a 'dry' few moments...Its so nice to be able to just drive into the garage... :).

Oh, I didn't watch about the egg drop soup...no way I can make that without chicken, chicken broth, and real laid by a hen egg! LOL!

Kitchen is cleaned up after my hours of chopping and seasoning, and roasting all my veg's...so I think I'll close my eyes and think up another chore to be done after dinner! Probably one in the front room. This room has been ignored for well over a month or two...ahem.....

Later tomorrow...I'll let you know how the leaf blowing goes for Ted. He has no clue what he's getting himself into!! And Lu and her son, Christopher blew the leaves out of their yard, and would have done mine, but I caught them in time...it was noon...and I was still in my robe and jammies. We all laughed. I'm still in my jam's and still laughing. No need to get dressed, at this hour. LOL!! Cat doesn't care, and some days neither do I...

Later...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    7RITbk.jpg

Kdnxve.gif

h4Pb3G.jpg

eKzyY1.gif

QnGy24.jpg

M6pLYQ.gif

dJmQpG.jpg

dV9Pho.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 30 degrees. Yesterdays wind is gone and it was not bad outside while walking

https://www.thewrap.com/houston-chronicle-retracts-8-stories-after-fraud-investigation-we-apologize-to-our-readers/
    Houston Chronicle Retracts 8 Stories After Fraud Investigation: ‘We Apologize to Our Readers’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6371355/Relics-lost-continents-hidden-Antarctica-revealed-satellite-images.html
    Relics of 'lost continents' hidden under Antarctica are revealed by satellite images after scientists track 200 million years of tectonic plate shifts

https://qz.com/1458475/the-dea-and-ice-are-hiding-surveillance-cameras-in-streetlights/
    The DEA and ICE are hiding surveillance cameras in streetlights

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/welfare-generation-kids-households-getting-government-assistance-drop
    The Welfare Generation: 51.7% Kids in 2017 Lived in Households Getting Govt Assistance

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-macedonia-extends-state-emergency-borders-143842662.html
    The Latest: Greece arrests 5,633 at airports with fake ID

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 3C/37F with an expected high of 10C/51F and 0% chance of precipitation.

J has been moving plants inside the greenhouse and into the garage, and we will likely complete that process today as much as possible. Rain last night forced a halt for the day, as it wasn't getting below freezing last night anyway.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up and feed the cats. We have orchid photography this afternoon. And I still haven't made it to Kroger for cheese so we may stop there while out.

And it should come as no surprise to anyone that I still need to fold and put away that laundry. :)
    Hi Ed
    Yesterdays weather forecast was for the remaining areas that had not already had a hard frost to get one, The 30 degrees out the door and the ice on the puddle seem to confirm the accuracy of that forecast, Winter is coming :(

Time to bend the fig trees over and cover them with leaves off of the lawn for the winter, Also Dig up the Dahlias and put them into storage for next years planting. The Bale of Peat moss is sitting in the shed ready to be used for that. I am not rushing to dig them as I know the frost will not get to the tubers for a while, Likely not before the daytime highs are below freezing.

No surprise to me, I can not criticize as I tend to procrastinate.
    Loaded Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
    Looks good to me :)
    Easy egg drop soup.
    I should forward this one to my brother since he like it, TBH he also like Wonton Soup and Sweet and Sour soup form the local take out locations.

Easy Vegan Cornbread Recipe | + gluten-free option!
    I would have thought this was an easy one to make Vegan ?

Another Top 10 Exclusive McDonald's International Menu Items
    Interesting.

I will be looking at these videos later.

Thanks for the links
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Grief...why didn't I post this morning? Oh, well...
    Spent the morning in the kitchen prepping, and roasting a lot of veggies. Roasted a red pepper, a head of cauliflower, a sweet potato, a russet potato, a pound of pre cut butternut squash, (that was easy), an onion, and one batch I think maybe the russet potato had 3 cloves of garlic with it...put the pepper in a paper bag, and 'skinned' it when it had cooled a bit. It'll get chopped or sliced into any number of dishes, I also roasted an entire bag of Brussels Sprouts...after they'd roasted about 20 minutes, I turned every one of those little dudes over, one at a time...put them back into the oven, set the timer...and totally forgot about them...cutest little walnut colored charcoal lumps you've ever seen........I'd set, but not started the timer.... I was so mad at myself. Will have to buy another bag, as I was really looking forward to eating those. :( Everything else is good, and will last me most of the coming week... Tonites dinner is left over Tofu Teriyaki. Made it last night with water chestnuts, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot etc. Oh, and snap peas. Was good buy way to much to eat, so I have leftovers...YIPEE!!!
    Hi Valerie
    The only way I get here daily is by coming and posting when I return from walking and before I eat Breakfast otherwise it might not get done.

Yesterday I took a Stainless Steel pan, melted some butter in it and tossed in some Dried Sweet Corn left from last years crop, one it was done popping, a Dish with a paper towel for the grease AKA melted Butter, Salted to taste and a nice crunchy treat if likely not super low calorie. When I say popped I do not mean they pop like Popcorn they pop back up to slightly larger that the original kernel. I do have to keep the lid on so as not to get splattered with stings and is messy.
    The sun has been out since early this morning...Tom E and I have a 'morning routine' I come out of my room, walk the 4-5 steps, turn off the house alarm, open the door to the garage, and 'WE' look outside. Then I turn, and tell Tom I need to do my job....(hit the start button on the coffee)..somehow, he lets me walk over there without challenging me by herding me elsewhere, or otherwise trying to trip me...then the walk thru the living room, I really have to be careful ...the herding begins. Open his can of wet food, and put kibble in his other dish, get him some fresh water, take my thyroid pill, grab my banana, a glass of water, and hopefully get thru the living room while he's still eating. Pick up my coffee and go straight to my desk, closing the door behind me!!! Most mornings I will come out shortly, and invite him to go outside...by opening the front door, and the storm door. These rainy mornings he looks, and goes back into the living room. But after being indoors for 2 days straight he BOLTED out the door today, and I've not seen him since. I'm sure he's found a nice sunny spot and has napped all day! Nearly 5 p.m. so he should show up shortly for his dinner...

Because I love cabbage, the cabbage balls sounded good to me...easy enough to do, except the eggs. I'm open for suggestions Ed. I've never made flax eggs, but I may give that a try. I eat ground flax daily anyway...so if it actually holds the mix together...mmmmmm!!!
    Yesterday afternoon the pesky sun was reflecting off of the porch windows into my eyes as I tried to watch TV, Oh well. After two days of rainy and gloomy weather it was OK.

That reminds me, I need to have my brother add a small banana or two to the grocery list :smiley:

I thought there were Vegan Egg Substitutes You could use for the eggs ?
    I did go to Kroger, in a rain break...spent a long time in there...looking at everything, talking with Theresa my Starbucks Boss Lady...etc. and got into my car also during a 'dry' few moments...Its so nice to be able to just drive into the garage... :).

Oh, I didn't watch about the egg drop soup...no way I can make that without chicken, chicken broth, and real laid by a hen egg! LOL!

Kitchen is cleaned up after my hours of chopping and seasoning, and roasting all my veg's...so I think I'll close my eyes and think up another chore to be done after dinner! Probably one in the front room. This room has been ignored for well over a month or two...ahem.....

Later tomorrow...I'll let you know how the leaf blowing goes for Ted. He has no clue what he's getting himself into!! And Lu and her son, Christopher blew the leaves out of their yard, and would have done mine, but I caught them in time...it was noon...and I was still in my robe and jammies. We all laughed. I'm still in my jam's and still laughing. No need to get dressed, at this hour. LOL!! Cat doesn't care, and some days neither do I...

Later...
    Did You get the 99 cent a pound cheese for the cat while You were out ?

The room will not run away and there is always tomorrow :wink:

As soon as I am up I am into the shorts I wear around the house. If the house feels cold then I might put on the Pajama bottoms ans a long sleeve shirt over the shorts. Why over them, simple I hate having to chase down the phone, FitBit and Keys that fall out of the Pajamas shallow pockets.

Last night was the first night of the season I left the heat running instead of turning it off upon retiring and back on after rising. From the weather forecast I think it will now be running 24 - 7 until spring.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,212 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 2C/36F with an expected high of 12C/53F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I did get the laundry folded and put away yesterday, and got the light bulbs in the garage changed over to DAYLIGHT bulbs to give the plants that have been moved in some proper light. This means, of course, that the light in the garage is on all day for the plants. J got the little space heater set up in there for them and we'll be putting a fan behind it soon to circulate the heat better.

Need to clean out yesterday's cat bowls and feed the cats. Never did get to Kroger for cheese yesterday but no big deal. Not as if I'm running out of that!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Since we're on dessert...your ideal dessert, based on your zodiac sign?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQujbMaQFEI
  • parityanimal
    3 holiday cookie recipes from a perky person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfsFqbFvdcY
  • parityanimal
    And...back to Emmy for a shoebox cake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eauhsjFvfaE
  • parityanimal

I've never really used an egg replacer, but have heard good things about flax eggs. And, of course, there are other vegan egg replacers available at the grocery. I have had some success in eggless recipes, using guar gum as a thickener but don't know how well that would work as a binder for the cabbage ball/patties. A little goes a long way.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi! 11-11-18
    The leaves just fell from the tree outside my window...what looked like baskets of them! Ted to be here within the hour...

Will go back and watch the 'Emmy's' video's later today.

Cornbread...milk or other dairy and eggs. butter to margarine, so the flour and cornmeal and baking soda/powder are about the only 'constants' with corn bread. And yes, there is a product called 'egg replacer', That I don't have, ground flax? I do have!!! :) Since I roasted so much food yesterday, I probably won't be making cornbread soon, but I will try it, cuz I can only 'sometimes' find it at Whole Foods...(vegan), and when I eat chili, I want cornbread to go with it.!!

Supposed to be sunny again today...hey, its cold, but bright and sunny...which trumps the next 4 days..with predictions of 50 to 100% rain daily....That's gonna be ugly! I just hope it doesn't bring the aching bones and joints like several days last week. That was not fun.

The cartoons were great this morning Roger. Loved the mossy hair series.

Gotta go...out on my back porch, in a heavy duty black plastic garbage bag, are my roasting pan, and all four burner grates and drip pans...lounging all night in ammonia! When I bring them in they will wash up, no scrubbing needed. I love it. Came to me as a heads up from a cousin. Easiest cleaning ever. I don't think I'd use it on aluminum, but works great of my speckled granite roasting pan, and same on the drip pans. Only recently did I try it on the grates, and was amazed at how good they looked! If you're tempted to try do this...I really needs to be outside for overnight...just incase the bag leaks. Only a cup of ammonia can make a nasty stink, and isn't good to breathe either!

Ok, time is running rampant, and Ted will be here shortly...

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Tonight's delicious black beans and rice(d cauliflower) dinner. I enjoyed a big serving of it! I'm loving the riced cauliflower substitution for rice.

o42kt9r9jk5r.png
  • RogerToo
    Rx1o0v.gif
    Poor Kitty

VFMeOv.gif

JiUiUO.jpg

NQ3Z58.gif

aRM1sp.jpg

D7pQYX.gif
    Reality :wink:

oA5d5z.jpg

7WMt0A.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 28 degrees.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/11/09/lodi-second-chance-brain-tumor/
    Lodi Man Gets Second Chance At Life When Brain Tumor Vanishes Without Surgery
    It happened to a Lodi man who turned to his faith and the very community he has spent years helping

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6372547/Worlds-accurate-tracks-changes-temperature-NOSE.html
    The reverse Pinocchio effect: Your nose actually SHRINKS when you lie because its temperature drops

https://www.apnews.com/12b857e5305042f39336e814fdaeb5b8
    Artists, intellectuals call for ‘European Republic’
    BERLIN (AP) — Artists and intellectuals across Europe are calling for the founding of a continentwide republic to replace its many nation states.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 2C/36F with an expected high of 12C/53F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I did get the laundry folded and put away yesterday, and got the light bulbs in the garage changed over to DAYLIGHT bulbs to give the plants that have been moved in some proper light. This means, of course, that the light in the garage is on all day for the plants. J got the little space heater set up in there for them and we'll be putting a fan behind it soon to circulate the heat better.

Need to clean out yesterday's cat bowls and feed the cats. Never did get to Kroger for cheese yesterday but no big deal. Not as if I'm running out of that!
    Hi Ed
    Fluorescent Daylight bulbs is my guess.
    I suspect that with the coming of winter they will need lots of watering too.
    Hot water desperation pie.
    Interesting, I'll know more once I look at all the videos later.
    Since we're on dessert...your ideal dessert, based on your zodiac sign?
    No clue as I do not know my zodiac sign :smiley:
    3 holiday cookie recipes from a perky person.
    Just what I need cookies !
    And...back to Emmy for a shoebox cake.
    I have to wonder why ?
    Tonight's delicious black beans and rice(d cauliflower) dinner. I enjoyed a big serving of it! I'm loving the riced cauliflower substitution for rice.
    Looks good and tasty to me.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2018
    Hi! 11-11-18
    The leaves just fell from the tree outside my window...what looked like baskets of them! Ted to be here within the hour...

Will go back and watch the 'Emmy's' video's later today.

Cornbread...milk or other dairy and eggs. butter to margarine, so the flour and cornmeal and baking soda/powder are about the only 'constants' with corn bread. And yes, there is a product called 'egg replacer', That I don't have, ground flax? I do have!!! :) Since I roasted so much food yesterday, I probably won't be making cornbread soon, but I will try it, cuz I can only 'sometimes' find it at Whole Foods...(vegan), and when I eat chili, I want cornbread to go with it.!!
    Hi Valerie
    I know what happened, the leaves heard that Ted was coming and decided to add to his work.

Cornbread with Chili ? I Like Shredded Cheddar and Crumbled crackers or Oyster crackers on it.
    Why not buy extra when You do see it and Freeze some of it for future use ?
    Supposed to be sunny again today...hey, its cold, but bright and sunny...which trumps the next 4 days..with predictions of 50 to 100% rain daily....That's gonna be ugly! I just hope it doesn't bring the aching bones and joints like several days last week. That was not fun.

The cartoons were great this morning Roger. Loved the mossy hair series.

Gotta go...out on my back porch, in a heavy duty black plastic garbage bag, are my roasting pan, and all four burner grates and drip pans...lounging all night in ammonia! When I bring them in they will wash up, no scrubbing needed. I love it. Came to me as a heads up from a cousin. Easiest cleaning ever. I don't think I'd use it on aluminum, but works great of my speckled granite roasting pan, and same on the drip pans. Only recently did I try it on the grates, and was amazed at how good they looked! If you're tempted to try do this...I really needs to be outside for overnight...just incase the bag leaks. Only a cup of ammonia can make a nasty stink, and isn't good to breathe either!

Ok, time is running rampant, and Ted will be here shortly...

Later...
    Sometimes the Swamp Cartoons come in series so, I liked those also or You wouldn't have seen them :wink:

I hope that the 50% comes true and misses You. I get tired of rain too. Tomorrow is supposed to rainy with periods of heavy rain.

And here my brother has been using Easy Off on the burners and drip pans. I do not know how or if Ammonia interacts with Aluminum, I do know Bleach does bad things to Aluminum.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous murky Monday! 4C/40F with an expected high of 8C/45F and a personally verified 100% chance of rain. I hope Ted was able to get all of Val's leaves cleaned up!

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up and feed the cats. And rainy days are GREAT for napping so hope to get some of that in too. :)

We do have some very hot "plant light" tubes on a rack where we can hang plants if we need to, but we hope to not have to use that set. I replaced the bulbs in the main garage light with two 100 watt equivalent daylight LED bulbs to save power and still provide plenty of daylight for the plants that are currently in there. The old bulbs were/are soft white LED bulbs at the same equivalence, and can be used elsewhere if needed prior to Spring and warmer weather.

We're trying to change over to LED where possible. Right now the zen penguin room (aka sunroom) at back has 4 60 watt equivalent daylight fluorescent bulbs in the ceiling fan, but we plan to transition those into LED as they burn out. The kitchen ceiling fan has two 60 watt equivalent soft white fluorescent and (for the couple of plants in there) two 60 watt equivalent daylight LED bulbs so it looks a little unbalanced but eventually it will be all LED and all daylight, as I prefer that myself in the winter anyway, since I don't get much sunlight and daylight or full spectrum bulbs help keep the winter blues away somewhat.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...