Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Z8ar8r.gif

pjEOPQ.gif

q3yats.jpg

w6EfYZ.gif

8jnNyj.jpg

rKg7Ho.gif

fCUSnt.jpg

TPx641.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 35. There is rain in the forecast for later today into Saturday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/07/magazine/placebo-effect-medicine.html
    What if the Placebo Effect Isn’t a Trick?
    New research is zeroing in on a biochemical basis for the placebo effect — possibly opening a Pandora’s box for Western medicine.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/scientists-find-clear-evidence-phone-13549308
    Scientists find 'clear evidence' that phone radiation causes CANCER in rats

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/flybe-plane-plummets-500ft-18-13553131
    Flybe plane plummets 500ft in 18 seconds after autopilot was set to ZERO ft

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oldest-known-animal-drawing-found-remote-indonesian-cave-180318778.html
    Red bull drawn in Indonesian cave dated to 40,000 years ago

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 14C/58F with an expected high of 16C/61F and 50% chance of precipitation.

Might do some laundry today, and could possibly get out to Aldi for some paper towels and to look at fruits and vegetables there.

Need to feed the cats, of course. I have already cleaned up yesterday's cat bowls!

And I would like a nap. Haven't looked yet to see just when the precipitation might come.
    Hi Ed
    Wednesday and Thursday were both dry days, now we appear to be having two wet days with a possibility of Thunderstorms in the Evening.

Good Luck at Aldis.

Yesterday I took advantage of the nice warm day and went to the ShopRite grocery store and redeemed our $400 over a period of time for the free ShopRite Turkey up to 22 pounds. Since I found one that was 22.10 pounds I did have to pay the tiny extra for the .10 pound :smiley:
    We saved $32.78 plus the 15 cents I paid if I am reading the receipt right. We both figured get the biggest we could get in the free 18 to 22 pound turkey to have plenty of leftovers.
    It now resides in the basement Freezer alongside my NS foods and other items. Next Item to be purchased for Thanksgiving will be my Brother Buying Fresh Cranberries for Homemade Cranberry Sauce, Bread Stuffing Mix, Potatoes, Celery, Black Olives, Sweet Gherkins and Carrots to go on a relish Dish. To be followed by Whipping Cream and Pumpkin Pie ingredients.
    Looks like a tasty take on collard greens. How one person does them in a slow cooker.
    Ah, an easy way to do them I am guessing, I'll know more once I watch the video.
    5 Creative Ways To Make Eggs
    Call me weird, as may be, I like them scrambled, in an omelet in a sandwich with various toppings including Pork Roll, Cheese, Bacon, Ham or Sausage, Cooked well done of course and only salt, no ketchup or pepper. Other than that, no Fritattas (Spelling?) no over easy, no runny yolk etc.
    Vegan Calamari & Shrimp | "Seafood" Recipe
    Not really interested in that video since I do not care for the taste nor do I eat either of those...

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Quick Hello! Afternoon of Nov. 8th, 2018.
    Rain comes and goes today. Interesting, yesterday during my nap, it must have rained pretty hard, and was in-fact still raining. I stepped onto the screened porch and looked out, saying not a word. Then walked back into the house, as I was about to close the sliding door, here came Tom E. from the roof...dry... This is the same cat that I have to call repeatedly to come in from the roof...and how could he be dry?? I have no answers. But there must be a small overhang somewhere up there. Cuz, it was not a toad strangler, but a good solid rain..and a dry cat...hmmmm. That's one for Schrodinger !!
    He now also needs about a tablespoon of grated cheddar cheese with his dinner now too! I kinda figured after he made quick work of the cheese the first time that I was making a serious error!! LOL!. I will however in the future be purchasing the cheese already grated! :)
    Hi Valerie
    Interesting, even if there were an overhang how did he not get wet coming down off of the roof and onto the screened porch ? Ah yes, the famous Schrodinger's Cat. That is sort of along the lines of saying "Everything I say is a Lie".

Your cat likes Grated Cheddar, interesting also. It is a lot easier to use already grated, OTOH You pay a premium for them do the work unless You can find it on sale.
    Yes, Roger, I now have 3 salt grinders....one is small, and about empty, which is what prompted me to get another...it is actually a Salt and a Pepper grinder...but both look identical, seem to work the same..ie same size grind. Comes in handy...since I don't salt my food when cooking, and only sometimes salt before eating, and since meals can be at the table, or the desk in the front room...its handy to have 2.

I was surprised that my morning banana didn't last until lunch time...its about all I ever eat every morning. One banana. Next day I was back to my normal 1 banana, and late lunch. ????? I dunno!
    Call me lazy but I just use a Salt Shaker, When I refilled it all I could find was Kosher salt which seems to be a little coarser grind, it does shake out OK so...

My brother never uses salt when cooking so I learned to salt to taste. The Pea soup he made was salty enough, likely from the Pieces of Pennsylvania Dutch Ham he included when simmering it on the stove.
    Gym tonite...weather guessers seem to think that the rain will be over by then. I sure hope. Nite driving in the rain is not fun anymore!

Ed, what do you think about the Governor race at this point? Her side says there are still votes to be counted, and in sufficient numbers to force a run off....and HE, the big boob, has already declared himself the winner. (Roger he's still the Sec. of State...so he sets the rules in the election. And he's been pretty darned underhanded. Purging thousands of votes, closing voting sites in rural GA. etc...and now declaring himself the winner....Sounds like he's being coached by someone ....

I sure hope these leaves dry out by Sunday...otherwise Ted's first leaf 'extravaganza' is going to be pretty brutal!! LOL!..and the trees are still at about 90% leafed.

Ok, time to hit the shower, and hope for clear weather!

Later...
    It is never fun driving in the rain since it seems to bring out the crazies, They seem to speed up in the rain or go very slow and when they are mixed on the same road :(

Your Governors race seems to be a He said, she said as far as results. I have been looking at the news links that give information. There are (Were) voting problems countrywide as far as I can tell.
    I wonder if we also be seeing something like the Florida Vote when Bush was elected where they scrutinized the paper ballots to determine the intent of the voter and it ended up in the Supreme Court ?

90% leafed by You, looking out the window the tree across the street is leafless and the neighbors next to our driveway on has a few diehards hanging on. I can see different types of trees that still have nicely colored leaves in the distance OTOH.

I hope the roads were nice and dry for You
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,212 Member
    edited November 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 12C/53F with an expected high of 15C/58F and 70% chance of precipitation except that I'm sure I heard some precipitation hitting the stove vent so I think it's actually 100% where I am.

Need to get yesterday's laundry folded and put away, and need to clean yesterday's cat bowls. And the cats would probably appreciate it if I fed them this morning, but it's too early for that. Not that they'd complain if I did it now...

Managed to "sleep in" to at least a few minutes after 6:00 this morning. Thanks, Lilo!

Might meet a friend for breakfast (well, coffee for me as I already had breakfast) this morning but doubt if that will actually happen, as I'd think he'd have contacted me this morning by now. But we'll see. Will hop in the shower shortly, just in case.

If I get out (I didn't yesterday) then Aldi is still on the "to do" list for paper towels and Walgreens might be on that list for a vitamin that I didn't get last time but opened the last bottle of this morning. No rush on that as the bottle I just opened will last a while. And Kroger has some of their cheeses on sale for $0.99 so I might, if I get out, also run by there to take a look.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    GOod morning!
    Ah Ha ! Roger just said I needed to buy cheese on sale, and Ed just said Cheese on sale at Kroger!,

Back later....I. Need to feed a cat, and grab my coffee.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    One of thousands of "ultimate" ways to cook a Thanksgiving turkey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd1rM3CsoN0
  • parityanimal
    McDonald's menu items even the staff won't eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5xClgT4rAs
  • parityanimal
    Cabbage patties sound good to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmfBjNeCMQ8
  • parityanimal
    GOod morning!
    Ah Ha ! Roger just said I needed to buy cheese on sale, and Ed just said Cheese on sale at Kroger!,

Later...

The sale is a three day sale that started Thursday. November 8 through November 10.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Back again
    Thanks Ed. So its Kroger today or tomorrow for cheap cheese! Good to know. I wondered why it wasn't listed in the weekly ad. Now I know!
    Speaking of know I know...Tom E. was outside yesterday, and I let him in just as soon as I was able to get home, (3 miles to/from Sweet Tomatoes....30 minutes of sitting in bumper to bumper traffic.) and he was soaked. Willingly let me dry him off with a hand towel that I keep at the door. SO, I'm GUESSING that the difference between dry cat and wet cat, is directional. He must have been able to hide? shield himself beside the chimney on the dry day. Just my 'theory'.

Hanging Chads....I didn't make the association, but I think that may be a great analogy Roger!

Load of clothes in the washer...and a thing or two more to 'get started'...and then I'll see where my morning is going. Weather guessers say this mornings rain should be ending about 4p. SO, do I go to Kroger in the rain? or do I drive home at 5:30-ish in Friday rush hour traffic???? Lifes little decisions! ARG!

Took picture of the fallen leaves in my front yard...Ted will be out Sunday. He made me laugh...Would wait til Sunday and hope they dry by then...or that it gets just a few degrees colder than forecasted, and he will pick the leaves up in sheets!!! Smarty pants kid!! LOL! Thinking back...this may very well be his first time to blow, rake, and dispose of leaves. I think he may learn a thing or three.

Ok, time I get some stuff going, and check on the laundry that is going. :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    LBhfhE.jpg

9yj1VH.gif

GmI4de.gif

70QVUW.gif

qvWPUr.gif

BPH6oS.gif

QmoSm7.gif

NQrrLQ.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 44. The rain in the forecast for Friday afternoon arrived, It did move out earlier than forecast. Things were still wet outside and the sidewalks were covered with wet leaves.

The Halloween decorations are gone and I have started seeing Christmas lights this week.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2018-elections/2018/11/07/texas-juvenile-judge-frees-defendantsafter-losing-re-election-democrat
    After losing seat to Democrat, Texas judge frees most juvenile defendants, skips court

Say What !
    https://freebeacon.com/politics/losing-dem-politicians-now-say-can-truthful/
    After Losing, Dem Politicians Now Say They Can Be Truthful

https://nypost.com/2018/11/08/thousand-oaks-was-third-safest-city-in-us-before-mass-shooting/
    Thousand Oaks was third-safest city in US before mass shooting

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 12C/53F with an expected high of 15C/58F and 70% chance of precipitation except that I'm sure I heard some precipitation hitting the stove vent so I think it's actually 100% where I am.

Need to get yesterday's laundry folded and put away, and need to clean yesterday's cat bowls. And the cats would probably appreciate it if I fed them this morning, but it's too early for that. Not that they'd complain if I did it now...

Managed to "sleep in" to at least a few minutes after 6:00 this morning. Thanks, Lilo!

Might meet a friend for breakfast (well, coffee for me as I already had breakfast) this morning but doubt if that will actually happen, as I'd think he'd have contacted me this morning by now. But we'll see. Will hop in the shower shortly, just in case.

If I get out (I didn't yesterday) then Aldi is still on the "to do" list for paper towels and Walgreens might be on that list for a vitamin that I didn't get last time but opened the last bottle of this morning. No rush on that as the bottle I just opened will last a while. And Kroger has some of their cheeses on sale for $0.99 so I might, if I get out, also run by there to take a look.
    Hi Ed
    We hit 100% precip Friday too, I do not now if it rained into Saturday as the rain appeared to have ended early before 10PM Friday despite the earlier forecast that showed it going into Saturday morning. Better for me, it was only wet and even the trees did not drip on me while walking. I did take care not to step into puddles and tried to avoid walking through wet leaves on the sidewalks. Two reasons for that, I hate wet feet and I would not want to step on an uneven surface or a hidden branch under the leaves.

99 cents a pound for cheese is pretty good, I will also admit that I am not surprised however.
    https://www.foodandwine.com/news/american-cheese-surplus
    America Has Too Much Cheese and It's a Real Problem
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/06/28/americas-cheese-stockpile-just-hit-an-all-time-high/
    America’s cheese stockpile just hit an all-time high

The law of supply and demand strikes again. FWIW I love many types of cheese in or on a sandwich or in chunk form.
    One of thousands of "ultimate" ways to cook a Thanksgiving turkey.
    Sorry to contradict the person posting that, IMO there is one way to cook Thanksgiving Turkey, Roasted in the Oven :wink:
    McDonald's menu items even the staff won't eat.
    I have likely eaten most of those foods, I'll know after watching the Video. I will also admit that the stores cooked what I ate to order most of the time so that could have made a difference.
    Kids eat tiny foods
    Tiny foods shown looked more like the minuscule portions served as Gourmet items. Likely why I would not be happy with fancy plating vs a decent portion size.
    Kids eat Pancake art
    Interesting, Another I will watch after the McDonalds one.
    Cabbage patties sound good to me!
    Eh, I'm not sure about Cabbage Patties They could be real tasty or really nasty IMO.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    GOod morning!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Talk about serendipity :smiley:
    Back again
    Thanks Ed. So its Kroger today or tomorrow for cheap cheese! Good to know. I wondered why it wasn't listed in the weekly ad. Now I know!
    Speaking of know I know...Tom E. was outside yesterday, and I let him in just as soon as I was able to get home, (3 miles to/from Sweet Tomatoes....30 minutes of sitting in bumper to bumper traffic.) and he was soaked. Willingly let me dry him off with a hand towel that I keep at the door. SO, I'm GUESSING that the difference between dry cat and wet cat, is directional. He must have been able to hide? shield himself beside the chimney on the dry day. Just my 'theory'.

Hanging Chads....I didn't make the association, but I think that may be a great analogy Roger!
    Interesting that it was not listed, The local Acme's Circular has a page devoted to four day sales every week followed by the Week long sale items.

The Free Turkey from the ShopRite was a result of spending $400 within a designated period, The Acme since they discontinued the use of key tags gives out a free turkey for spending $100 in one visit. Thus it is conceivable someone could end up with lots of free turkeys from there if they have a large family.

I wonder if Your cat was chilled due to the soaking and temperature ? Your surmise on wet cat vs dry cat does make sense.

The hanging chads ordeal was the first thing to pop into my head. I know they changed the voting system, OTOH any system such as New York States where You mark a paper ballot that then gets scanned would seem to me to have a chance of errors.
    Load of clothes in the washer...and a thing or two more to 'get started'...and then I'll see where my morning is going. Weather guessers say this mornings rain should be ending about 4p. SO, do I go to Kroger in the rain? or do I drive home at 5:30-ish in Friday rush hour traffic???? Lifes little decisions! ARG!

Took picture of the fallen leaves in my front yard...Ted will be out Sunday. He made me laugh...Would wait til Sunday and hope they dry by then...or that it gets just a few degrees colder than forecasted, and he will pick the leaves up in sheets!!! Smarty pants kid!! LOL! Thinking back...this may very well be his first time to blow, rake, and dispose of leaves. I think he may learn a thing or three.

Ok, time I get some stuff going, and check on the laundry that is going. :)

Later...
    I think I would prefer to go during the slow period on the roads vs driving in the Rush Hour. Rush Hour was never my favorite time to be on the road. In general with the Routes I selected by bidding due to seniority and the hours I worked in my last job I managed to avoid rush hour as far as going to and home from work form 1982 til retirement ;)

Waiting for the rains to end long enough for the leaves to dry here, The Bags get heavy enough without Wet ones adding to the weight two ways, Water weight and being wet that they would settle easy leaving more room for leaves. Luckily the town provides 1 Bundle of leaf bags to residents. Despite that I see Home Depot, Lowes and Walmart bags at the curb, Why, Maybe they can't make it when the recycle center is open or ignorance of the freebies.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 3C/37F with an expected high of 10C/51F and 0% chance of precipitation.

J has been moving plants inside the greenhouse and into the garage, and we will likely complete that process today as much as possible. Rain last night forced a halt for the day, as it wasn't getting below freezing last night anyway.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up and feed the cats. We have orchid photography this afternoon. And I still haven't made it to Kroger for cheese so we may stop there while out.

And it should come as no surprise to anyone that I still need to fold and put away that laundry. :)

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal