Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member

I have a cat not on my lap, but sitting beside me, scolding? begging? (for what...??), I'm ignoring.
    Watched the video's. Really enjoyed the 'Vegan' one...sure would have been nice if it was in English! LOL! Tricky ole Ed!

Well, you ignore a cat at your own peril, but I expect you know that! LOL.

I thought you'd enjoy the vegan video, despite it being in French. If you really want help translating I expect I can figure out the recipes between what I can hear and the (rather faulty) subtitles. I do know that the food looked very tasty, and not terribly difficult to prepare.

• parityanimal
    Woohoo! It's Stuart Ashen's Christmas special for 2018!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA1Hb27O8-M
  • parityanimal
    What is Mr. Wolfe eating today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm1a1f3aa_0
  • parityanimal
    Hungarian mushroom soup. Looks interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6xc2IM6KVE
  • parityanimal
    Kids try food from children's books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHilFknnix4
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    6ds6GF.png

4rkAg2.gif

Fkq87L.jpg

1C9Ce8.gif

uVfLBX.jpg

CiAL6W.gif

I5knx1.jpg

pMgpqf.gif
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! -1C/30F with an expected high of 12C/53F and 50% chance of precipitation.

Still some residual inflammation around the tooth, but the infection was pretty bad. It does seem to be improving slightly each day, so I'm hopeful that it will be all gone by the time I finish with the antibiotic that my dentist prescribed. And, of course, with my mouth being open wide enough to stuff a football into, my TMJ is acting up, especially on the left side where the work was done. But despite residual inflammation and soreness, and TMJ, it's so much better than when the tooth itself was hurting, that I can't complain. And I CAN sleep. I have been saving the hydrocodone for shortly before afternoon nap time and another at/shortly before bed time at night and taking ibuprofen in the morning and late afternoon/early evening and that keeps everything reasonably happy.

Just the act of chewing AT ALL isn't distressing any more, though the first couple of days even that was enough to wake everything up and have it all screaming at me that it just wanted to rest, *KITTEN* it, and why couldn't I just leave it alone so it could heal? Now it's down to just a dull ache after chewing. I'm still taking small bites and chewing carefully, and expect it will take me a while to get over doing that just from the memory of the agonizing tooth pain, even when I don't really need to do so. Oh well, taking small bites and eating slowly is supposed to be better for us anyway, right?
    Hi Ed
    Yup, Small bites and eating slowly is supposed to be the ticket to weight loss and Maintenance :smiley:
    It is a shame that the reason for it in Your case is pain. A good nights sleep is a blessing.
    As best I can recall, yesterday's (still awaiting moderation) post only had two links, both of which were then posted separately, as they were the two old commercials for pizza. I haven't noticed any commercials for that pizza recently, but do remember them from years ago as they were some of the more amusing commercials on television at the time. If one has to watch commercials, it's nice if they are at least entertaining commercials.
    No Clue, You could ask the moderators why however. Here is the one I PM'd with about moderated posts before
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/justsomeem

I hope that helps.
    Need to feed the felines and clean up yesterday's cat bowls and still need to get out to buy paper towels. If it's rainy I can still make the short run to Aldi for that, and can probably, if necessary, wait until tomorrow, though I'd really rather not be getting out to any grocery store on Christmas Eve if I can help it. It seems that most years I find myself in Kroger looking for some last minute item before they close up early, and stay closed until the day after Christmas.

I do believe that Ingle's might actually be open on Christmas, though the only times I seem to recall going there on Christmas were when D was living here and working at Ingle's. I was probably going only to drop him off or pick him up, as I don't recall every actually BUYING anything on Christmas there. And I could be mistaken about them even being open.

I do know that our Walgreen's used to be open on Christmas, but that may vary from one Walgreen's to another and I think I heard someone in the pharmacy mentioning that they'd be closed on Christmas but that some of the other stores might be open. Of course they may have just been referring to the pharmacy itself and the rest of the store may still be open. I know I have had reason to shop at Walgreen's in the past on Christmas, but usually just for some last minute minor medical item or toothpaste.

One year when J and I were both out of town and D had Christmas off but was here alone, he was complaining that he had nothing for Christmas dinner and didn't want to try to find a an open Denny's or some buffet restaurant, like perhaps Golden Corral.

I pointed out that he could get a small canned ham at Walgreen's and probably some halfway decent side items, even though they'd likely all be canned or frozen, and put together some kind of Christmas dinner, but I think he preferred to wallow in self pity that year so he probably just made some Hamburger Helper since he couldn't run out and pick up some Taco Bell or a cheeseburger.

I hope he can spend Christmas with his aunt this year, in Tucson.

The felines are eyeing me hungrily but it's NOT TIME yet. It is time for me to make my last mug of hot tea though.
    From the postings on their doors, The Quick Chek Convenience store opens at 6AM and closes early Christmas Day as does Dunkin Donuts and the local Grocery Store. Quick Chek is usually a 24 hour a day store as is 7 Eleven who never close even for holidays.

TBH the Canned Hams I have had in the past never impressed me for taste or texture.
    What is Mr. Wolfe eating today?
    Pretzels and Cheese :smiley:
    Hungarian mushroom soup. Looks interesting.
    It sure does look tasty too.
    Kids try food from children's books.
    No Reason they couldn't be tasty.

BTW My brother pointed it out to me, The scene they showed on TV of Mary Poppins sliding out of the sky, if You look closely You can see the wire she is descending on from upper left to lower right, Careless editing or to cheap to reshoot so they left it in.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! Happy Christmas Eve! 1C/34F with an expected high of 11C/52F and 0% chance of precipitation.

Nothing major on the agenda for today. As always I need to feed the felines and clean up yesterday's cat bowls. At some point I need to get some bubbly for New Year's but that can wait until after Christmas. I might look for some of those tiny, individual bottles of it. Sometimes they have those on special this time of year at Kroger.

Ham is ready to go for tomorrow. J should be heading up to Kentucky today. He was planning to drive up yesterday but he had a headache.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Vegan soups to warm the soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9rJ2A1S_I0
  • parityanimal
    5 Christmas traditions from the 50s that are (mostly) not done any more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_tHf_hGfGM
  • parityanimal
    Another vegan Christmas idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGAqULZs6oM
  • parityanimal
    Chefs review possible Christmas gift gadgets for foodies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TrN9RxqP4Q
  • parityanimal
    We can save this one to watch just before eating Christmas dinner. It might lower our appetites...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR8OaiUOhug&t=2s
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Merry Christmas Eve!!!
    I still feel like crap, oh, and here comes my Amazon book I pre-ordered! Thanks UPS!
    Yesterday, I found a package from Amazon, and I thought for sure they had messed up, and sent them early....wrong O! Turns out my Brother sent me a book, shipped an expedited thru Amazon. It is a book by one of the 'medical doc's?' who has an agenda...to sell HIS special products. *kitten*! How do I tell my brother who is overweight, that the book he's reading is probable crap? Will have to tread lightly, I don't want to discourage him from trying to become healthier, but I can't exactly give him the impression that this guy is legit. either....woe is me!!
    I hope everyone is in their kitchens, or watching Christmas movies, or whatever your situation needs for this 'readying' day. I'm going to wrap those packages! No choice. Today has to be the day! Out of options. Why am I not surprised? Cuz I do this EVERY year! Christmas Eve is wrapping night. LOL!

I think I already mentioned that I STILL feel like dodo! Tired, coughing, etc...taking 12 hour decongestant, and cough suppressant...tis all in the same pill, which makes absolutely NO sense to me, but...I slept well last night. Took my morning dose, and feeling a little light headed..not quite a 'buzz', but def. not quite 'me' either.

Still waffling about tomorrow...do I go expose my kids and their kids and family to whatever this is, or do I stay home and chat with all of them on the phone? Not making any plans just yet...hoping for a Christmas Miracle? maybe!!!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2018
    The final feast:

Ham, lightly maple glazed.
    Sweet potatoes with walnuts, lightly maple glazed.
    Scalloped potatoes.
    Steamed green beans with a light butter sauce.
    Parkerhouse rolls with butter.

Trader Joe's Nouveau to drink.

Aldi pecan pie cheesecake for dessert.

And I don't have to cook on Christmas since I made it all for Christmas Eve. :)

Merry Christmas Y'all!

ngv6pree7ph7.png

zc2moncfu75p.png

37pcdxrhguty.png

• RogerToo
    YFeM6w.jpg

9gH6Et.gif

q2iWJp.jpg

AcZP1a.gif

RSmaUV.jpg

AGMiyI.gif

Th5TMa.jpg

coAMBl.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 30 degrees.
    It's that time of Year
    The USAF Band - 2014 Holiday Flash Mob
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vniBBT7nRJg

U.S. Air Force Band - 2017 Holiday Flash Mob at Gaylord National
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLjLny-nXo8

U.S. Air Force Band flash mob
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT62VoH62hw

Huh, Why not both ?
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-ridiculous-santa-claus-myth-should-be-replaced-by-the-amazing-true-story-of-st-nicholas
    The ridiculous Santa Claus myth should be replaced by the amazing true story of St. Nicholas

https://nypost.com/2018/12/22/the-exodus-of-new-york-citys-endangered-middle-class/
    The exodus of New York City’s endangered middle class

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/12/22/hutchins-fedex-employees-stole-nearly-50000-phones-paid-security-guard-manager-look-away-cops-say
    FedEx workers caught looting packages at Texas hub had 94 phones, Apple Watch, cops say

https://nypost.com/2018/12/09/why-no-hate-here-signs-are-actually-pretty-hateful/
    Why ‘No Hate Here’ signs are actually pretty hateful

kEYswR.jpg
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! Happy Christmas Eve! 1C/34F with an expected high of 11C/52F and 0% chance of precipitation.

Nothing major on the agenda for today. As always I need to feed the felines and clean up yesterday's cat bowls. At some point I need to get some bubbly for New Year's but that can wait until after Christmas. I might look for some of those tiny, individual bottles of it. Sometimes they have those on special this time of year at Kroger.

Ham is ready to go for tomorrow. J should be heading up to Kentucky today. He was planning to drive up yesterday but he had a headache.
    Hi Ed
    One point in favor of the individual size bottles is to size limits how much is drunk.

Our Ham is 13 Plus pounds and at a cost of $0.99 per pound makes it a good price and sizable enough to leave plenty of Leftovers. As I see it the cooking time should be somewhere between 3.5 hours and 4.5 hours. Since our main meal will be around noontime it will need to go into the oven shortly so as to have time to rest after being cooked.
    Vegan soups to warm the soul.
    Looking at that the Bread for dipping looked really tasty.
    5 Christmas traditions from the 50s that are (mostly) not done any more.
    I'll be interested in looking at this one.
    Another vegan Christmas idea.
    Those look really fattening to me.
    Chefs review possible Christmas gift gadgets for foodies.
    Some of those also looked like food items, Interesting.
    We can save this one to watch just before eating Christmas dinner. It might lower our appetites...
    Not interested, I hate Wrigglies like those.
    The final feast:

Ham, lightly maple glazed.
    Sweet potatoes with walnuts, lightly maple glazed.
    Scalloped potatoes.
    Steamed green beans with a light butter sauce.
    Parkerhouse rolls with butter.

Trader Joe's Nouveau to drink.

Aldi pecan pie cheesecake for dessert.

And I don't have to cook on Christmas since I made it all for Christmas Eve. :)

Merry Christmas Y'all!
    I'll have to mention putting maple syrup on the ham, I'm not sure how he'll react to that but it sounds tasty to me.
    No Sweet Potatoes, The Potatoes will be mashed as that is what he feels is traditional along with Homemade Ham Gravy. The Asparagus and Brussels Sprouts are already roasted off and ready to be reheated in the Microwave.
    Possibly Homemade Beer Bread too. That could be baked off while the Ham is resting after being baked.

Have a Merry Christmas
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Merry Christmas Eve!!!
    I still feel like crap, oh, and here comes my Amazon book I pre-ordered! Thanks UPS!
    Yesterday, I found a package from Amazon, and I thought for sure they had messed up, and sent them early....wrong O! Turns out my Brother sent me a book, shipped an expedited thru Amazon. It is a book by one of the 'medical doc's?' who has an agenda...to sell HIS special products. *kitten*! How do I tell my brother who is overweight, that the book he's reading is probable crap? Will have to tread lightly, I don't want to discourage him from trying to become healthier, but I can't exactly give him the impression that this guy is legit. either....woe is me!!
    I hope everyone is in their kitchens, or watching Christmas movies, or whatever your situation needs for this 'readying' day. I'm going to wrap those packages! No choice. Today has to be the day! Out of options. Why am I not surprised? Cuz I do this EVERY year! Christmas Eve is wrapping night. LOL!

I think I already mentioned that I STILL feel like dodo! Tired, coughing, etc...taking 12 hour decongestant, and cough suppressant...tis all in the same pill, which makes absolutely NO sense to me, but...I slept well last night. Took my morning dose, and feeling a little light headed..not quite a 'buzz', but def. not quite 'me' either.

Still waffling about tomorrow...do I go expose my kids and their kids and family to whatever this is, or do I stay home and chat with all of them on the phone? Not making any plans just yet...hoping for a Christmas Miracle? maybe!!!

Later...
    Hello Valerie
    As far as Your Brother and the book, As I see it two ways to proceed, one is do nothing and be supportive while trying to steer him away carefully and the other is to treat the Book as You would a Band-aid where You rip it off quickly rather than a little at a time. I have to tread carefully with some of what my brother eats, especially the large Breakfast, Always Fried no matter what it is in the Cast Iron Skillet.

I hope You feel better but if not it might be better to stay home, I know You would not want them to feel like You do.

Good Luck with the day
    Roger