Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi guys!
    Home from the Doc's...I'll live!! She sent in a script for a night time pill, and included also an inhaler for times of chest tightness. Redux of 2 years ago. I went to Kroger to kill time while Costco filled the scripts...and that was a costly mistake...$40 later..... but I bought a nice very freshly made box of sushi and, and! I found at a kiosk near checkout a fruit cake. So, I've eaten the slice for the pix I'll send, also another just to be sure. The Woohoo special is a good fruit cake! Its 'blonde' or light batter, with lots of nuts and candied fruits..both of which I love! SO, very happy with my late Christmas Fruitcake.

Now, about this iWatch that is coming to my house this week! whoa!
    Can't take all the credit, as Ted gave me a gift card to Amazon for what should have been about ⅔ the cost of the watch...so a bit chunk of my savings was actually a gift! I applied all of my 'points' for the years purchases on my Amazon Visa Prime card...and free second day shipping was free...all in all I paid a few cents over $21.00. It's a black Series 3 42mm. GPS but NOT cellular. (I pay enough to cellular (Verizon) as it is. ) This will have many more work out/health features, and 'should' count my steps in the grocery! without me having to take it off my wrist and stuff it into my pocket like I do the Fitbit. I'm really excited about it.

And....a text message from Costco, my scripts are ready...guess I'll run pick them up, and then I feel a nap.

Ed...Will put up pix of the fruitcake and a rating, inspired by yours fruit cake ratings! Later today.
    Hi Valerie
    I am somewhat curious and hope I'm not being nosy. What exactly does the pill do, is the inhaler like the ones for Asthma ?

Our ShopRite Grocery Store has two glass door-ed and sided Refrigerator cases by the cash registers that hold foods marked down for 30% to 70%, OTOH I have never seen anything past 50% off.
    One generally holds foods from the instore bakery and overflow from the other one. This Years Fruitcake is darker than previous years versions. Tons of dried fruits too. Recipe Here
    https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/free-range-fruitcake-recipe-1926833
    Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown
    Free Range Fruitcake

Does this mean no more FitBit or using it a second device. My FitBit lives in my pocket, OTOH it is small being a FitBit Zip. I had to change the battery this morning as it was indicating that the battery was in need of a change. Now to get to the dollar store for a 2 pack of the batteries for $1 :smiley:

Wow, What a score to get that price out of pocket so low. I am sure that the iWatch is no cheap thing. Once it comes I guess You will need to load software for use with it.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 8C/46F with an expected high of 9C/49F and 80% chance of precipitation.

One of my sisters in law (and her husband, my youngest brother) is wanting to meet for dinner tonight, but they are staying in Warner Robbins, a 2 1/2 hour drive from my home in Peachtree Corners. Of course I'll be seeing them tomorrow at the memorial service for our niece-in-law, but that's a long drive just for dinner and an hour or two together. Of course they could come here, or she's suggested a possible compromise of meeting in the middle, which would likely be Monticello, Georgia, about an hour and 17 minutes from our home.

I don't know any restaurants in Monticello, but am pondering that. Haven't responded yet to her message, while pondering. Especially pondering since I know I'm planning on making the whole 2 1/2 hour trip tomorrow anyway, though I do have concerns about that too. Orion still has some separation anxiety, especially if both of us are gone, and J is still in Kentucky. If he were here, I'm sure he'd be going to Warner Robbins with me, for the service.

Oh well, I'll ponder that just a bit longer.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    A couple of interesting uses of puff pastry to make fancy dinners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QvPlU7Uv8A
  • parityanimal
    "Meaty" vegan kebabs. I promise the Missouri cattle farmers that no one is trying to fool anyone into believing that this is meat...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5gn31vnLJk
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    As I sit here in the window of my street facing view...waiting. Amazon says its out for delivery! Am I excited?? Can you tell?? LOL! Yes, I am. (if Ted knows what he's talking about, when the Amazon truck nears my house, it will tell me how far away it is, AND how many stops it needs to make before my package)
    I"ve read but not watched video's this morning. There are several I really do want to see.

Not sure what will become of the fitbit. I think I'll try wearing both for a day or two, to sorta check the accuracy...but as I think of it, that makes little to no sense. Sooooooo. Jenn has a Garmin that she likes, etc.

The temperature range according to my weather app, is low of 51, high of 52 today. Wonder if I'll notice the difference...or more aptly Tom E. Nope, I doubt it. He's been out, once. Probably about time he goes out again, before the rain sets in for the next few days! Flood warnings etc...

Ok, I have a tutorial to watch before the watch arrives...Ted tells me its as easy as turning on my phone, and the watch and scanning the watch, and it will bluetooth sync, and its up and running! I can only hope! Nothing has EVER been THAT easy!

Later...

Oh...bohmx1357drk.jpeg I think I said yesterday that it was good, full of fruit and nuts..tasty.

Roger I will look up the little square shaped night time pill. I really didn't even look at the name of the drug. Sometimes the less I know the better off I am. ITs not an antibiotic, I do know that much. She said I didn't need one, and I said I was sure glad for that. Not having had an antibiotic in over 20 years, now is no time to upset my digestive track.
    I'm going to the kitchen to m ake a pot, big pot of my own tea...I have some wonderful big green tea leaves, and to that I add grated fresh ginger, a bit of lemon zest and lemon juice, and last pot had some grated apple that I'd not eaten...that really put it over the top! Add water, steep, pour in cup, stir in honey....WOWZA!!

And again....

Later...

• RogerToo
    dmgMMn.jpg

QRnQf7.gif

OclGVi.jpg

9W5Kfd.gif

Da9Whr.gif

d1nuFh.gif

WDMvjV.gif

7QdDk3.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 43 degrees. The rain in the forecast has arrived on schedule as far as I can tell. It is a light but steady rain at the moment with heavy rain predicted for later in the morning during the rush hour.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-us-air-force-is-headed-for-a-crash-too-many-old-planes-not-enough-cash
    The U.S. Air Force Is Headed for a Crash: Too Many Old Planes, Not Enough Cash

https://apnews.com/c109e32e9265488b8532e2cbbbb79cde
    Potholes, water woes: New Orleans seeks more of tourist tax

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/12/25/oldest-working-barber/
    107-Year-Old NY Man Is Oldest Working Barber In The World

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/hospital-prices-are-about-public/2jXYHgoR5CObBj6fSJQQUO/
    Hospital prices are about to go public

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/12/26/paleo-keto-fasting-diets/
    Pros And Cons Of Paleo, Keto And Fasting Diets

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 8C/46F with an expected high of 9C/49F and 80% chance of precipitation.

One of my sisters in law (and her husband, my youngest brother) is wanting to meet for dinner tonight, but they are staying in Warner Robbins, a 2 1/2 hour drive from my home in Peachtree Corners. Of course I'll be seeing them tomorrow at the memorial service for our niece-in-law, but that's a long drive just for dinner and an hour or two together. Of course they could come here, or she's suggested a possible compromise of meeting in the middle, which would likely be Monticello, Georgia, about an hour and 17 minutes from our home.

I don't know any restaurants in Monticello, but am pondering that. Haven't responded yet to her message, while pondering. Especially pondering since I know I'm planning on making the whole 2 1/2 hour trip tomorrow anyway, though I do have concerns about that too. Orion still has some separation anxiety, especially if both of us are gone, and J is still in Kentucky. If he were here, I'm sure he'd be going to Warner Robbins with me, for the service.

Oh well, I'll ponder that just a bit longer.
    Hi Ed
    I saw on last nights weather forecast that You and Valerie are going to be getting wet if You leave the house. That is what we should have here today :(

Dinner with the Family is always a good thing IMO as I see it.
    It is a shame it is so far, I do not blame You for not wanting to do the drive twice in two days.

Good Luck with Orion's separation anxiety and the Pondering
    Roger
    A couple of interesting uses of puff pastry to make fancy dinners.
    As long as being fancy does not trump taste. I do not care how nice the presentation is if the food is no good.
    Wrap The Entire Meal In A Towel
    OK, I have to watch to see why.
    "Meaty" vegan kebabs. I promise the Missouri cattle farmers that no one is trying to fool anyone into believing that this is meat...
    It says Kebabs but I did not see what I would consider a Kebab, Am I mistaken ?
    Kids try unusual juices.
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Not really so fantastic as I am driving down to Warner Robbins today for a funeral service, in the rain, but that's the way the weather rolled today.

Need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and feed the felines and get showered and on the road soon.

I would have called yesterday's vegan kebabs more of a gyro wrap, myself.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

In the first video, he THIRD sheet tray dinner is made with tofu!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyhNN5jHeWs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfJ9Kc5JCq0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf3PWQroBAg
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    As I sit here in the window of my street facing view...waiting. Amazon says its out for delivery! Am I excited?? Can you tell?? LOL! Yes, I am. (if Ted knows what he's talking about, when the Amazon truck nears my house, it will tell me how far away it is, AND how many stops it needs to make before my package)
    I've read but not watched video's this morning. There are several I really do want to see.

Not sure what will become of the fitbit. I think I'll try wearing both for a day or two, to sorta check the accuracy...but as I think of it, that makes little to no sense. Sooooooo. Jenn has a Garmin that she likes, etc.

The temperature range according to my weather app, is low of 51, high of 52 today. Wonder if I'll notice the difference...or more aptly Tom E. Nope, I doubt it. He's been out, once. Probably about time he goes out again, before the rain sets in for the next few days! Flood warnings etc...

Ok, I have a tutorial to watch before the watch arrives...Ted tells me its as easy as turning on my phone, and the watch and scanning the watch, and it will bluetooth sync, and its up and running! I can only hope! Nothing has EVER been THAT easy!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I can tell You are excited :wink:
    You must have an iPhone if the setup will be that easy, I would not expect an Android based phone to be that easy. I suspect that being cautious and curious I would have both with me for a week.

Flood Warnings, Yuck.
    Oh...bohmx1357drk.jpeg I think I said yesterday that it was good, full of fruit and nuts..tasty.

Roger I will look up the little square shaped night time pill. I really didn't even look at the name of the drug. Sometimes the less I know the better off I am. Its not an antibiotic, I do know that much. She said I didn't need one, and I said I was sure glad for that. Not having had an antibiotic in over 20 years, now is no time to upset my digestive track.
    I'm going to the kitchen to make a pot, big pot of my own tea...I have some wonderful big green tea leaves, and to that I add grated fresh ginger, a bit of lemon zest and lemon juice, and last pot had some grated apple that I'd not eaten...that really put it over the top! Add water, steep, pour in cup, stir in honey....WOWZA!!

And again....

Later...
    Looking at the Picture that is some price change from $9.99 to $2.49, I noticed that they blew it with the date on the $9.99 label, At least I hope that the May 1, 2018 is a mistake :smiley:
    BTW, Looking at that I can tell it is commercial made Why ? Pecans on Top but English Walnuts inside and What appear to be Maraschino Cherries and less dried fruits in the batter. Having said that it still looks delicious. The Fruit cake my brother makes usually costs Approximately $50 for the dried fruits and nuts and that does not include the Rum The fruits soak in and then the next day get heated in. Add in the Brandy he periodically spritzes the finished product in and no cheap Fruit Cake.

Before he takes any pill prescribed by the Doctors the first thing my Brother does is scrutinize the paper that comes with it and decide if he will take it after seeing the side effects.

Have You thought about brewing Your tea using something like these ?
    https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Brewers-Universal-Refillable-Filters/dp/B00LGEKOMS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1545995891&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=empty+pods+for+keurig&psc=1
    Reusable K Cups For Keurig 2.0 & 1.0 Brewers Universal Fit For Easy To Use Refillable Single Cup Coffee Filters - Eco Friendly Stainless Steel Mesh Filter (Pack of 4)

My Brother brews Green Tea in the drip coffer maker and that works well hence my suggestion.

Have a Nice Day, Stay Safe and Dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Not really so fantastic as I am driving down to Warner Robbins today for a funeral service, in the rain, but that's the way the weather rolled today.

Need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and feed the felines and get showered and on the road soon.

I would have called yesterday's vegan kebabs more of a gyro wrap, myself.

In the first video, he THIRD sheet tray dinner is made with tofu!
    Hi Again
    As You say the Kebabs did not look like a Kebab, Calling it A wrap works for me.

That is weird to me, Pringles Ramen ?

Then
    Disgusting Food Combinations That People Actually Eat
    Pickles and chocolate
    Ice cream and fries
    The Chickle
    Hot dogs and marshmallow
    The Avolatte

I suppose I should talk, I like Hot Dogs, French Fries and Fried Onions in one sandwich as well as a Baked or Mashed Potato Sandwich on Buttered Bread :blush:

It is bad enough to have to go to a funeral let alone drive there in bad weather. Stay Dry, Large Umbrella ?

Be Safe and Dry
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi! In keeping with the weather forecasting on the Swamp....RAIN!!! Lotza rain..thunderboomers sometime last night woke me, albeit just for a very brief moment!

Hope Ed has good safe driving as he heads south of Atlanta and near Macon if I remember right. Not a good day to be out. Never is a good day for a funeral. :(

Roger I have a coffee press that I use to brew my tea that I make. Not the kind in tea bags that I make a cup at a time. That way I can control the brew time. And make a 4-6 cup 'batch' to see me thru the afternoon. I have the little filters, and the apparatus to make my Keurig brew 'my' ground coffee or tea leaves. I've used a few times...not very excited about them. Ok, just not great. And for awhile I was getting free soup cup samples from the Keurig folks. Like who were they kidding? No, nope, naw!

The bronchodilator tablet is sorta square, and kinda mango colored...really different! Name...Montelukast Sodium. Like your brother I usually read the contradictions, etc. I was miserable enough to not even look...just patiently waited for evening and swallowed it. Got a bit ditsy, and went to bed...slept like a log! That effect was not noticeable the 2nd night (last night). Was glad. I don't like feeling 'buzzy'.

The iWatch needs an iPhone. Won't work with other phones. I got a new update notice last evening...so did that this morning. Easy peasy!

I need to dig around in the kitchen for awhile today. The dishwasher is empty, but the sink has quite a collection of stuff that needs washing. :( > When I don't feel well..I just don't generally 'do' stuff that isn't critical! like dishes. Was it here that I read the meme about being lonely?
    It went like this..
    You are never alone.Laundry is always waiting for you....
    That is not how it was worded..it was much more clever, but that was the jist of it...Laundry is always there for you.

Ok, its almost time for lunch, and I haven't even eaten my breakfast banana...I think I should go do that!

Be Back....
  • parityanimal
    Got back from Warner Robbins about half an hour ago.

Nap time.
  • RogerToo
    ef14Nm.gif

Sh0ofh.gif

xNjUYA.gif

TAMD6W.gif

6SD1bV.jpg

3Mx9ge.jpg
    Translation is "I do not see Father Christmas"

MlQM0Y.gif

t6aSbW.jpg

lRGjTp.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi! In keeping with the weather forecasting on the Swamp....RAIN!!! Lotza rain..thunderboomers sometime last night woke me, albeit just for a very brief moment!

Hope Ed has good safe driving as he heads south of Atlanta and near Macon if I remember right. Not a good day to be out. Never is a good day for a funeral. :(

Roger I have a coffee press that I use to brew my tea that I make. Not the kind in tea bags that I make a cup at a time. That way I can control the brew time. And make a 4-6 cup 'batch' to see me thru the afternoon. I have the little filters, and the apparatus to make my Keurig brew 'my' ground coffee or tea leaves. I've used a few times...not very excited about them. Ok, just not great. And for awhile I was getting free soup cup samples from the Keurig folks. Like who were they kidding? No, nope, naw!
    Hi Valerie
    Wowsers, that weather sounds much less than good. Free Soup Cup Samples, Hmm..., Mostly Broth I presume.

No day is a good day for a funeral.
    The bronchodilator tablet is sorta square, and kinda mango colored...really different! Name...Montelukast Sodium. Like your brother I usually read the contradictions, etc. I was miserable enough to not even look...just patiently waited for evening and swallowed it. Got a bit ditsy, and went to bed...slept like a log! That effect was not noticeable the 2nd night (last night). Was glad. I don't like feeling 'buzzy'.

The iWatch needs an iPhone. Won't work with other phones. I got a new update notice last evening...so did that this morning. Easy peasy!
    Congratulations, I wish I could sleep like a log, Instead I wake up several times an night and then have trouble getting back to sleep. As a example, Last night I woke up around 3AM and finally gave up trying to sleep and got up at 4:15. OTOH I do not want to get sleeping pills, beyond the Melatonin a 1/2 hour before retiring.

iWatch update or phone or ?? What a surprise that Apple would tie the iWatch to their iphone only, Oh wait not a surprise.
    I need to dig around in the kitchen for awhile today. The dishwasher is empty, but the sink has quite a collection of stuff that needs washing. :( > When I don't feel well..I just don't generally 'do' stuff that isn't critical! like dishes. Was it here that I read the meme about being lonely?
    It went like this..
    You are never alone.Laundry is always waiting for you....
    That is not how it was worded..it was much more clever, but that was the jist of it...Laundry is always there for you.

Ok, its almost time for lunch, and I haven't even eaten my breakfast banana...I think I should go do that!

Be Back....
    Don't feel bad our sink tends to fill up mainly due to my brother since I tend to wash whatever I use when I am done with it. The Dishwasher here is also empty, However once I eat my Breakfast I will not be empty :wink:

That sounds familiar TBH, Maybe from Ed.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Got back from Warner Robbins about half an hour ago.

Nap time.
    Hi Ed
    That sounds like a safe drive so...

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday. 9C/49F with an expected high of 15C/60F and no chance of precipitation.

One final holiday party scheduled for tonight. I don't really want to go but J has something he needs to send for someone who will be there, so I'll at least drop that off. I may not stay for the party to really get going though. We'll see how I feel about that tonight.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up and feed the felines. Also need to give J's greenhouse a squirt if I remember.

There are a few plants inside that need misting at least once a day or so too, preferably more often. I kind of try to keep up with those...

And, after yesterday's driving, I need to get gas before I go much of anywhere. Guess I'll be checking to see how many points I have on my Kroger card and probably buying gas there. Might pick up a few groceries while I'm at it. I can go and take care of that after I finish my tea and feed the felines.