Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    edited May 2019
    The tree branch project continues. I had already cut the branches into manageable lengths, and have been trying to drag some away every day. As you can see, if you look deeply enough into the picture, I do still have some black cherry branches to drag off, and I may remove one or two more major limbs from that one, as they are angled such that nature is likely to remove them anyway but I think I can do it a bit more cleanly.

cwivl6wxvghm.png

I moved a lot of branches (in three short sessions) this morning (good exercise!) while I had the hose deep watering the banana, as it's actually fruiting this year and we'd love to see if they can actually ripen on the plant! It needs water for that.

ggecu4puggp9.png
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning Guys, its Sunday 5-26!! Meaning May is just about history...hmmmm
    I haven't watched the video's yet...I did actually read about covering car with cow dung...I was like, whatever, until I read farther and learned she used it in her house as flooring...no, no, no, and nope! Well, for sure would not be going barefoot. I think that would negate the '5 second rule' for things dropped onto the floor! (which has lately been poo-poo'ed (pardon the bad pun) as a false statement. I personally think it would depend on what was dropped. :)

Going to be another hot hot day. Watched the blurb about the death ridge heat...not encouraging. Guess my garden hose and I will develop a new, friendlier relationship. ARG!!
    Roger you asked, days ago, if I could have a well dug on my property. I suppose I could...they are expensive, etc. but people did that years ago when we had the big daddy of dryness. The commercial well diggers (?) couldn't keep up with the among of wells being requested. So for me, probably not an option. Though it would be nice, really nice.

Ed, being with that many people, in this heat....mmmm. I know what I'd do!! My menu for tomorrow reads like a bad vegan horror movie. Breakfast of bean burrito with avocado, Lunch of hot dog (s ??) with cheeze and sauerkraut toppings, and a salad. Dinner...hmmm. probably the end of the Veggie Tikka Masala (Tasty Bite brand from Costco) with extra vegetables. Yesterday I had some steamed cauliflower and extra peas...I think tomorrow maybe some steamed or boiled white potatoes, chunked. Not to exciting, except for the vegan hotdog. Litelife I think is the brand. Then make a whole line of fake food. The years I was a vegetarian in the 90's I ate their hamburgers, and other stuff.

Its after 10:30, I should have watered this morning..so I guess I will for sure water tomorrow, as there are 'wilt-y' places in my yard. Also planning to cut a nice bouquet of flowers from my yard just cuz!!

Oh, also Roger, I had $3 surplus from previous week's earnings...so I had to kick in a buck in order to pay for the lottery tickets. Powerball went into the trash this morning...MegaMillions will draw Tuesday...so I need to have patience, right?

Ok, that's it folks.
    Oh, Roger...Magnesium, zinc, calcium, potassium. They should be in 'oratate' form, and there is also an L-threonate form that is supposed to be an even better more absorbable, brain barrier crossing form. I 'think' I have seen that at Costco. Will check on it this week if you'd like me to. I need to return something, so I'll be there probably not til Wednesday? I'd share the link, but not sure you can still sign up for the series. It is episode #6. Let me work on that. If you'd like to pm me your email address I can directly share the episode, (I think). :) Meanwhile, its depressionanxietyseries.com for the link to the series.

Later
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    aEWKPG.jpg
    And then the Ice Melted

wpqLhe.jpg

IoBGnN.jpg
    Why We stay in our lane

AmfVYS.jpg

T97KFP.jpg
    So Close, but no Cigar

ovM0qF.jpg

s3SxbN.jpg

4u4opl.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Currently It is 65 degrees outside. The Forecast is 80 degrees today according to the 6AM local news channel :(
    We will be heading out to watch the Memorial Day Parade later today.

https://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news/article230692964.html
    Miami bounty hunters armed with battering ram storm home over $750 bond, video shows

https://www.apnews.com/4dba15376df3463c99c7a03bcb28276e
    Young homebuyers scramble as prices rise faster than incomes

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-20/rural-america-verge-collapse
    Rural America Is On The Verge Of Collapse

https://apnews.com/73fe8939552b44e1aff0d74ed84fc358
    Arkansas newspaper gambles on free iPads as the future

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/05/25/boeing-737-max-8-autopilot-automation-pilots-skills-flying-hours-safety/1219147001/
    On autopilot: 'Pilots are losing their basic flying skills,' some fear after Boeing 737 Max crashes

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2019/05/22/neighbors-suing-over-pig-fumes-spur-right-to-farm-push
    Neighbors Suing Over Pig Fumes Spur 'Right-to-Farm' Push

Have a Great Memorial Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2019
    The tree branch project continues. I had already cut the branches into manageable lengths, and have been trying to drag some away every day. As you can see, if you look deeply enough into the picture, I do still have some black cherry branches to drag off, and I may remove one or two more major limbs from that one, as they are angled such that nature is likely to remove them anyway but I think I can do it a bit more cleanly.

I moved a lot of branches (in three short sessions) this morning (good exercise!) while I had the hose deep watering the banana, as it's actually fruiting this year and we'd love to see if they can actually ripen on the plant! It needs water for that.
    Hello Ed
    Better three short sessions than one long session that could cause problems for You.

Just Curious what You are using on the branches. Manual Saw, Loppers, Chainsaw or what we use a battery powered reciprocating saw AKA SawzAll ?

Are the Black Cherry a decorative Cherry or eating cherry ?

I'm impressed that You can grow a Banana Plant and have it set Bananas. I would have thought that the winter temperatures could be a problem.

I see in the background that the construction is still going on. Concrete Culverts, Stone etc.

Good Luck Getting Bananas off of it.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2019
    Good Morning Guys, its Sunday 5-26!! Meaning May is just about history...hmmmm
    I haven't watched the video's yet...I did actually read about covering car with cow dung...I was like, whatever, until I read farther and learned she used it in her house as flooring...no, no, no, and nope! Well, for sure would not be going barefoot. I think that would negate the '5 second rule' for things dropped onto the floor! (which has lately been poo-poo'ed (pardon the bad pun) as a false statement. I personally think it would depend on what was dropped. :)

Going to be another hot hot day. Watched the blurb about the death ridge heat...not encouraging. Guess my garden hose and I will develop a new, friendlier relationship. ARG!!
    Roger you asked, days ago, if I could have a well dug on my property. I suppose I could...they are expensive, etc. but people did that years ago when we had the big daddy of dryness. The commercial well diggers (?) couldn't keep up with the among of wells being requested. So for me, probably not an option. Though it would be nice, really nice.
    Hello Valerie
    I will pass on Cow dung on the car and floor too. How do You keep the dust down and Vacuum :wink:

I watched a Mythbusters segment years ago where they tested the 5 second rule. In general if it hits the floor discard it.

We are / were lucky that the water table is high enough that You can have a well without having it dug. The proper end on the pipe and a sledgehammer to drive it and all You need to do is add a Pump and Voila a well.
    Ed, being with that many people, in this heat....mmmm. I know what I'd do!! My menu for tomorrow reads like a bad vegan horror movie. Breakfast of bean burrito with avocado, Lunch of hot dog (s ??) with cheeze and sauerkraut toppings, and a salad. Dinner...hmmm. probably the end of the Veggie Tikka Masala (Tasty Bite brand from Costco) with extra vegetables. Yesterday I had some steamed cauliflower and extra peas...I think tomorrow maybe some steamed or boiled white potatoes, chunked. Not to exciting, except for the vegan hotdog. Litelife I think is the brand. Then make a whole line of fake food. The years I was a vegetarian in the 90's I ate their hamburgers, and other stuff.

Its after 10:30, I should have watered this morning..so I guess I will for sure water tomorrow, as there are 'wilt-y' places in my yard. Also planning to cut a nice bouquet of flowers from my yard just cuz!!
    With Your temperatures good hygiene is essential, Not to mention that many people is a lot for a yard party.

The menu here is pretty much set in stone. Yesterday the Macaroni Salad was made and the Potato Salad only needs some sliced Eggs and Paprika. The Homemade baked beans using dried Pinto beans is cooked and in the refrigerator as are two orders of Chicken Wings from the Chinese Takeout. Hebrew National Hot Dogs and as the buns for those Thomas's Whole Wheat English Muffins since they were on sale at $1.49 vs the regular price of $4.49 and of course Organic Hamburger. I'm thinking for me that I will split the Muffins, Put cheese on one side, Ketchup on the other and cut the hotdogs in half for a tasty Cheese Dog. All low Calorie foods, Not.

The flowers we saved over from last years crop are doing OK, The Gladiolus where we planted the large ones in the front grew quickly, the Large Dahlias are slow to grow. In the back yard the small corms and dahlias are doing better. Why I do not know ?

My aunt in Ia. always had a large flower garden she could cut from and put in a vase. Baby's breath, Zinnias, Iris, Peonies etc.
    Oh, also Roger, I had $3 surplus from previous week's earnings...so I had to kick in a buck in order to pay for the lottery tickets. Powerball went into the trash this morning...MegaMillions will draw Tuesday...so I need to have patience, right?

Ok, that's it folks.
    Oh, Roger...Magnesium, zinc, calcium, potassium. They should be in 'oratate' form, and there is also an L-threonate form that is supposed to be an even better more absorbable, brain barrier crossing form. I 'think' I have seen that at Costco. Will check on it this week if you'd like me to. I need to return something, so I'll be there probably not til Wednesday? I'd share the link, but not sure you can still sign up for the series. It is episode #6. Let me work on that. If you'd like to pm me your email address I can directly share the episode, (I think). :) Meanwhile, its depressionanxietyseries.com for the link to the series.

Later
    I have most of the ones You list in my regime, I think if You go to the PM section I incuded my email when I replied to Your with a email for just in case.

Most of the not winners end up in the paper recycle for me, why not :wink:

Thanks for the Information
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's Memorial Day Monday! Possibly Miserable Memorial Day Monday. It's supposed to get to 95 today with no chance of rain. Oddly, yesterday after I changed my RSVP to NO for the party, the YES count had INCREASED to 95, which matches the expected temperature. Well, they will just have to muddle through without my famous baked beans. If it weren't a 45 minute drive there (and another 45 minutes back) I'd consider dropping the beans off for the party but I am not donating that much time (and the time and bother of making the beans) for a party I'm not attending, not to mention heating up the kitchen.

Since I finished the yard clean-up yesterday, I could use a day off anyway.

xwo45rewioe6.png

I did put up a couple of 80/20 beef patties to grill later and I can get a small slow cooker of baked beans, just for me, going in a while. I may make a tiny bit of potato salad. Not much, as J is in Kentucky again.

I used loppers and a manual saw on the trees. I do have a chainsaw, if needed.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLgml-HdC2I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POnornXjoMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuS_GQfe7J0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPG8Bh_o_t4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z20rwaNtMLc

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    Roger, enjoy the parade. Hope you don't have to go far from home to watch it.
    I will go back to the PM area and search out your info...I think I remember seeing it, but for some reason did not add you to my 'contacts' list. Hmmmm I think the 'take away' from the brain nutrition, was: 80% of our veg & fruits no longer have the Mg they once had and as a nation, we are almost all deficient in that mineral. The recommendation is to buy the others in the Oratate form, as they will cross the blood brain barrier, and the others not. I've heard this before, from other sources, as need to replace I will look for the Orate form. I mean, why not? I kinda like my brain! LOL!

Ed, Good morning, and guess what??? I have 2 gardenia blossoms and a bud that is white but not open. I will have gardenia's!!! Yea!! Watering again today. I don't see any rain on any of the weather guessers extended guesses. So I will water.

Today I will have my two hotdogs on top split buns, one with the $9.00 sauerkraut, the other cheese and mustard. I also will have a big big salad, and maybe even some hummus and organic corn chips...hey, its just fuel. I could do what Ed's going to do, and make potato salad for one, but its just too much trouble. :)

Ok, water timer says I'm done watering the front bed, so moving hose and have a go at the front yard, under the thirsty tree flower bed...and then, yep, there are about 4 areas I mean to water today!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2019
    Well, the egg mustard potato salad is made, and the beans are cooking in the slow cooker. All that's left is to prepare my burger patties this evening and I'll have my Memoral Day dinnet/supper.

Lunch is looking like it will be leftover bean and cheese dip I made the other day, with a few tortilla chips.

So far I am enjoying this day off. I've worked a LOT less than I would have for the pool party, as I always help with food set up, orientation for new people, and usually help with clean up if I stay that late. I didn't have to heat the kitchen up for several hours (for the baked beans) and am happy with my decision to NOT attend. I cooked the potatoes in the microwave and the eggs (for the potato salad) in a counter top egg cooker.

I can probably even get a nap in, between lunch and dinner!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hi! I hope everyone is having a good day.
    Ed your day sounds great. I admire you making potato salad for one. Yard pix look great. Did some of those pines come uninvited, or did you purchase specific evergreens?

Roger, how was the parade? Hope it was very enjoyable...not too hot, and not TOO long! :)

Ok, my purpose for a end post today....
    I just finished my Memorial Dinner. The hot dogs were sooooo good. I got some nice buns, and one bun held cheese (Vegan) my vegan hot dog, with mustard. The other was laden with sauerkraut and red onion. That was followed by (second course) 2 ears of corn on the cob! Also delicious.
    Hockey game...game one of the Stanley Cup playoffs...Boston and St. Louis. I haven't decided yet who I'm going to root for this series! Born in St. Louis...loved loved the Bruins when I lived in MA and even after. It was during Bobby Orr's hey day! Exciting times. And no I never got to go to a game...you had to have someone die and will you tickets to get season passes...no joke.

So, I have just one issue with today...and it was my oops! I put the wrong mustard on my hot dog. What was I thinking? So I'm considering a 'do over' on one hot dog for lunch tomorrow. This hot dog will meet game day standards of yellow mustard...not the spicy brown I ate.

Game time...see you tomorrow!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    rRK63d.jpg
    Ikea Fail

0UtpNV.jpg

TZDiHI.jpg
    Next Time get a U-haul

nrnWFW.jpg

edyov0.jpg
    When this bounces, look out!

BZpouY.jpg

gwArMk.jpg
    But they were passed out at to patients at a hospital

0ZsU30.jpg

jpMLDZ.jpg
    I don't get it either
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Currently It is 63 degrees outside. Since the Living room is a little warm I have opened the door to the porch to cool it down for free :)
    We will headed out to watch the Memorial Day Parade Yesterday.

The Blue Car in this article is a Studebaker Lark :)
    https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/unrelenting-heat-wave-to-raise-risk-for-brush-fires-in-southeast-into-beyond-memorial-day/70008360
    Records to keep falling in southeastern US as scorching heat wave persists this week

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/Golden-Gate-bridge-walk-1987-anniversary-disaster-13896571.php
    32 years ago, 300,000 people flattened the Golden Gate Bridge

https://nypost.com/2019/05/23/earths-water-came-from-a-collision-4-billion-years-ago/
    Earth’s water came from a collision 4 billion years ago

I wonder if they dumped the wine or sold it to cover the money shortage after the error ?
    https://nypost.com/2019/05/25/storage-company-dumped-womans-wine-after-credit-card-error-suit/
    Storage company dumped woman’s wine after credit card error: suit

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's Memorial Day Monday! Possibly Miserable Memorial Day Monday. It's supposed to get to 95 today with no chance of rain. Oddly, yesterday after I changed my RSVP to NO for the party, the YES count had INCREASED to 95, which matches the expected temperature. Well, they will just have to muddle through without my famous baked beans. If it weren't a 45 minute drive there (and another 45 minutes back) I'd consider dropping the beans off for the party but I am not donating that much time (and the time and bother of making the beans) for a party I'm not attending, not to mention heating up the kitchen.

Since I finished the yard clean-up yesterday, I could use a day off anyway.

I did put up a couple of 80/20 beef patties to grill later and I can get a small slow cooker of baked beans, just for me, going in a while. I may make a tiny bit of potato salad. Not much, as J is in Kentucky again.

I used loppers and a manual saw on the trees. I do have a chainsaw, if needed.
    Hello Ed
    95 degrees is no joke for warm weather, I would also pass on that.

When we went to watch the Memorial Day Parade Yesterday, It was comfortable in the shade with a nice breeze to keep things cool and we had folding chairs to sit on. Yesterday it was around 80 degrees for a high temperature. With Solar heating the Living room was 81 degrees at 8 PM :(

Do You also use Bacon in the Baked Beans ? The ones we had yesterday had chunks of Bacon that were over 1/4 thick, So tasty.

The problem with doing the trimming is where to cut to preserve the tree IMO. Nothing wrong with pruning the low hanging branches to improve the view past them.
    Taste Testing WEIRD Flavour Combos (and the science behind them)
    I would pass on weird flavor combos not being an adventurous eater.
    Banana in Pesto, Why ?
    How to Make Simple Stovetop Mac and Cheese
    Easy for me, Open a box of Kraft Dinner and when the Pasta is cooked, drain well add lots of butter and then the cheese packet, Delicious. Their Recipe was creamier than I like it.
    Can This Chef Make A 3-Course Meal In A Microwave?
    Why Not... Wow, Clueless using a microwave :wink:
    COLESLAW RECIPE - 2 WAYS | classic coleslaw + vinegar coleslaw (no mayo coleslaw)
    Oh heck no to Vinegar Coleslaw, Mayo Coleslaw yes. I watched a local eatery using a meat slicer on the lettuce for sandwiches and I'm sure it work well to make Coleslaw too.
    THE BEST VEGAN CINNAMON ROLLS
    This seems familiar somehow was there another video with Vegan Cinnamon Rolls ?
    Well, the egg mustard potato salad is made, and the beans are cooking in the slow cooker. All that's left is to prepare my burger patties this evening and I'll have my Memorial Day dinner/supper.

Lunch is looking like it will be leftover bean and cheese dip I made the other day, with a few tortilla chips.

So far I am enjoying this day off. I've worked a LOT less than I would have for the pool party, as I always help with food set up, orientation for new people, and usually help with clean up if I stay that late. I didn't have to heat the kitchen up for several hours (for the baked beans) and am happy with my decision to NOT attend. I cooked the potatoes in the microwave and the eggs (for the potato salad) in a counter top egg cooker.

I can probably even get a nap in, between lunch and dinner!
    Sometimes You just need a break... I have not experienced egg mustard potato salad, Just a touch of mustard or ?

With the temperatures You are experiencing I would not want to use the oven either.

A Countertop Egg Cooker is a new one for me. Is that all it does and that sounds like You eat a lot of eggs ?

I hope the day went as planned
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Roger, enjoy the parade. Hope you don't have to go far from home to watch it.
    I will go back to the PM area and search out your info...I think I remember seeing it, but for some reason did not add you to my 'contacts' list. Hmmmm I think the 'take away' from the brain nutrition, was: 80% of our veg & fruits no longer have the Mg they once had and as a nation, we are almost all deficient in that mineral. The recommendation is to buy the others in the Oratate form, as they will cross the blood brain barrier, and the others not. I've heard this before, from other sources, as need to replace I will look for the Orate form. I mean, why not? I kinda like my brain! LOL!

Ed, Good morning, and guess what??? I have 2 gardenia blossoms and a bud that is white but not open. I will have gardenia's!!! Yea!! Watering again today. I don't see any rain on any of the weather guessers extended guesses. So I will water.
    Hello Valerie
    The parade passed 1.25 blocks from the house so not to far, not that I have much of a walking range these days.

We should not need to water with the forecast showing some rain later and Thunderstorms later and possibly rain Wednesday too.

Congratulations on the Gardenias going into bloom.
    Today I will have my two hotdogs on top split buns, one with the $9.00 sauerkraut, the other cheese and mustard. I also will have a big big salad, and maybe even some hummus and organic corn chips...hey, its just fuel. I could do what Ed's going to do, and make potato salad for one, but its just too much trouble. :)

Ok, water timer says I'm done watering the front bed, so moving hose and have a go at the front yard, under the thirsty tree flower bed...and then, yep, there are about 4 areas I mean to water today!

Later...
    Vegan Hot Dogs naturally, But $9 Sauerkraut is it filled with flecks of Gold ?

I have a suspicion I may overeat today as there is a lot of Homemade Baked Beans, Potato Salad and Macaroni Salad in the refrigerator. When I go up this morning I had some of the seedless Watermelon for my wake up snack. I also have Deep fried Chicken Wings and there is some BBQ pork that only needs to be warmed up after it was made Sunday.
    Hi! I hope everyone is having a good day.
    Ed your day sounds great. I admire you making potato salad for one. Yard pix look great. Did some of those pines come uninvited, or did you purchase specific evergreens?

Roger, how was the parade? Hope it was very enjoyable...not too hot, and not TOO long! :)
    The Parade was good, it ran around 25 minutes by my Guesstimate since I forgot to time it. Cool and Comfortable sitting in the folding chairs in the shade with the breeze.
    Ok, my purpose for a end post today....
    I just finished my Memorial Dinner. The hot dogs were sooooo good. I got some nice buns, and one bun held cheese (Vegan) my vegan hot dog, with mustard. The other was laden with sauerkraut and red onion. That was followed by (second course) 2 ears of corn on the cob! Also delicious.
    Hockey game...game one of the Stanley Cup playoffs...Boston and St. Louis. I haven't decided yet who I'm going to root for this series! Born in St. Louis...loved loved the Bruins when I lived in MA and even after. It was during Bobby Orr's hey day! Exciting times. And no I never got to go to a game...you had to have someone die and will you tickets to get season passes...no joke.

So, I have just one issue with today...and it was my oops! I put the wrong mustard on my hot dog. What was I thinking? So I'm considering a 'do over' on one hot dog for lunch tomorrow. This hot dog will meet game day standards of yellow mustard...not the spicy brown I ate.

Game time...see you tomorrow!

Later...
    My brother bought some Whole Wheat Thomas's English Muffins at $3 off and they were tasty for the sandwiches.

I love Cheese Dogs with a little Ketchup, Sugar not HFCS in it.

I would just wipe or rinse off the wrong mustard and reheat in the Microwave.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's tropical Tuesday! Another 95 degree day expected, with no chance of rain. Sounds like another good day to mostly stay inside.

I agree, that the chef in the video had an appalling lack of knowledge about how to use a microwave oven. I think in this modern time that anyone claiming that title (chef) should know how to use one, and what intervals, how often to stir and check, etc. In the end, she did apparently produce her three course meal, and it passed muster, but I could have clobbered her on the time and effort for producing the same meal, I think. She may need to go back to school or turn in her chef credentials.

Egg Mustard Potato Salad has mustard in the name for a reason. It's not ALL mustard, but it's definitely more than a touch. Google recipes for it and you'll see. Mine is definitely mine, as I omit the celery and use sweet pickle relish instead of the more commonly used dill. I also can take or leave the onion. I left it out this time as I was making such a small amount and I did not have a very small onion. It's all about the creamy mayo-mustard dressing anyway, and I did use some onion powder in the dressing.

My egg cooker, which steam boils up to 7 eggs at once, soft, medium, or hard, looks like this one (because it IS this one):

wayj4ntb422b.png

This model is quite inexpensive. There are many different ones around, and a lot of them have an additional option of steam poaching two or three eggs using a different plastic insert. Mine does not have that option.

There are models even less expensive than mine, even as low as $15.99. Maybe even less. Mine was about $20.

I meant to put bacon in the baked beans this time, as J wouldn't be here, but honestly forgot as I am used to making them without it and don't miss it in the beans. Mine are very tasty and no one has ever complained about the lack. They don't even seem to notice, and I make it a point to notify any vegetarians or vegans that the beans are in their range.

The egg mustard potato salad is not what I make when J is here, as he wants his grandmother's recipe, and it has no mustard. But since he isn't here, I made my favorite.

Lunch today will be the remaining burger patty, potato salad, and baked beans.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vttZ2AETjWw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmnXvDu1BkM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vQNnMep6XU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM9Gsqj5Fuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eg3OECZD3A
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hi! I was here quite early, but after reading, Tom E. showed up, and wanted attention, breakfast, etc. Then I got further delayed because I needed to put together the ingredients to pickle some sliced onions...well, got my onions in my sterilized jars, just about time for the noon news...meaning lunch time for Valerie.
    Now, I need to get dressed in my gym clothes, and make the first stop which is Costco to return something I purchased last week, and I used the last of my vinegar, so I also need to pick up a gallon of vinegar while at Costco, and if I'm 'smart', I will also get dishwasher detergent! I might have enough to do one load...maybe. After all this, I will hit the gym, and home by 4, as it really is Tuesday, although it feels more like Monday!
    and its 90 degrees out there. I should be a wilted mess by the time Jack calls at 4!!!!
    And we have a lot to talk about today...last night was the first game of the Stanley Cup play offs. Since Jack and Ted were both rooting for the St. Louis Blues, I decided to root for Boston just for interest. This all started out as texting one another...and somehow got onto Facebook, ..... oh, not so good. My brother in MO, and a former coworker who now lives in St. Louis both had a duck fit...and maybe its worse by now, haven't looked...

20% chance of rain on Saturday, and 30% for Sunday. YES! to rain both days! Nice rain. Don't need any flooding etc. Everything is drying up down here.

Glad you enjoyed the parade yesterday Roger...and it surely was close by! Bonus, right!!!

I need sometime today to go back and see what that video that Ed posted about Noodles in Singapore is all about. I might learn a thing or three!! And the Happy Pear made jars of something white....hmmm. the suspense! :).

Later...

• RogerToo
    Vl8TMD.gif

Htog3K.jpg

xbqE0B.gif

yUWE9U.jpg

T5d6P5.gif
    So True sadly

ekMfDR.jpg

ChX1Ia.jpg

MgjE8J.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Currently It is 70 degrees outside.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7075059/Aspiring-student-7-11-worker-sues-3million-lost-SEX-DRIVE.html
    Aspiring PhD student and 7-Eleven worker sues for more than $3million because he 'lost his SEX DRIVE when he was rejected by top Australian university'

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/world-health-organisation-recognises-burn-out-as-medical-condition
    World Health Organisation recognises 'burn-out' as medical condition

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/27/the-hot-trend-in-smartphones-not-buying-a-new-one.html
    The hot trend in smartphones? Not buying a new one

It works on TV and in the movies
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-men-killed-after-trying-to-jump-open-drawbridge-in-car
    2 men killed after trying to jump open drawbridge in car

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's tropical Tuesday! Another 95 degree day expected, with no chance of rain. Sounds like another good day to mostly stay inside.

I agree, that the chef in the video had an appalling lack of knowledge about how to use a microwave oven. I think in this modern time that anyone claiming that title (chef) should know how to use one, and what intervals, how often to stir and check, etc. In the end, she did apparently produce her three course meal, and it passed muster, but I could have clobbered her on the time and effort for producing the same meal, I think. She may need to go back to school or turn in her chef credentials.

Egg Mustard Potato Salad has mustard in the name for a reason. It's not ALL mustard, but it's definitely more than a touch. Google recipes for it and you'll see. Mine is definitely mine, as I omit the celery and use sweet pickle relish instead of the more commonly used dill. I also can take or leave the onion. I left it out this time as I was making such a small amount and I did not have a very small onion. It's all about the creamy mayo-mustard dressing anyway, and I did use some onion powder in the dressing.
    Hello Ed
    NJ had some bad weather move through Yesterday, We had some useful rain in the morning and the Threatened Thunderstorms and torrential rain missed where we are and pounded other parts of NJ. We could see flickers of Lightening during the evening but that was it.

I found that weird that she could not work the Microwave, On cooking shows where they have to produce a meal within a certain time constraint I have seen Chefs use a MW to make a MW Cake, Defrost etc.

I have never seen Potato Salad made using Dill, My brothers chops up sweet Gherkins as the relish. The Celery in My Opinion adds a nice Crunch :smiley:
    My egg cooker, which steam boils up to 7 eggs at once, soft, medium, or hard, looks like this one (because it IS this one):

This model is quite inexpensive. There are many different ones around, and a lot of them have an additional option of steam poaching two or three eggs using a different plastic insert. Mine does not have that option.

There are models even less expensive than mine, even as low as $15.99. Maybe even less. Mine was about $20.
    If I said that might slow down the hard boiled egg process as we do 18 eggs at a time ? I might buy, likely would buy one to do a couple at a time if I had counter space and room to store even one more device, No room on the counters or in the cupboards, A small late 40s early 50s kitchen :(
    I meant to put bacon in the baked beans this time, as J wouldn't be here, but honestly forgot as I am used to making them without it and don't miss it in the beans. Mine are very tasty and no one has ever complained about the lack. They don't even seem to notice, and I make it a point to notify any vegetarians or vegans that the beans are in their range.

The egg mustard potato salad is not what I make when J is here, as he wants his grandmother's recipe, and it has no mustard. But since he isn't here, I made my favorite.

Lunch today will be the remaining burger patty, potato salad, and baked beans.
    When Opening a can of Pork and Beans I always liked finding the Pork (Belly ?).

I would have done the same and made my favorite under those circumstances.

That sounds Yummy, The main difference here would have been the addition of Macaroni salad and Watermelon to Your items. I was curious and looked, We still have a lot of Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad and a recycled Chinese Take Out Quart container of Baked Beans left. There goes the diet.
    Americans & Malaysians Swap Snacks
    I was wondering how this would go, It seems that they liked them.
    MUST TRY Singapore NOODLES! TRADITIONAL Noodle Tour of Singapore
    Most of them are not for me, Too Much Seafood, OK so any Seafood is to much for me :wink:
    OTOH the Deserts at the end looked so good.
    Coconut Yogurt | Homemade Dairy Free Alternative
    What they called a wonderful texture looked watery to me.
    How to Make Turkey Meatloaf with Ketchup-Brown Sugar Glaze with Becky and Julia
    I like a firm meatloaf and would have been disappointed by the meatloaf where the turkey was substituted for Ground Beef and no other changes, Maybe more binder and some mashed potatoes ? That would have been my second try FWIW.
    Grilled Chicken Teriyaki with Miso Ranch
    They looked good especially after being sprinkled with Sesame Seeds, But Miso ?

Thank You for the videos and the egg cooker Information
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi! I was here quite early, but after reading, Tom E. showed up, and wanted attention, breakfast, etc. Then I got further delayed because I needed to put together the ingredients to pickle some sliced onions...well, got my onions in my sterilized jars, just about time for the noon news...meaning lunch time for Valerie.
    Now, I need to get dressed in my gym clothes, and make the first stop which is Costco to return something I purchased last week, and I used the last of my vinegar, so I also need to pick up a gallon of vinegar while at Costco, and if I'm 'smart', I will also get dishwasher detergent! I might have enough to do one load...maybe. After all this, I will hit the gym, and home by 4, as it really is Tuesday, although it feels more like Monday!
    and its 90 degrees out there. I should be a wilted mess by the time Jack calls at 4!!!!
    And we have a lot to talk about today...last night was the first game of the Stanley Cup play offs. Since Jack and Ted were both rooting for the St. Louis Blues, I decided to root for Boston just for interest. This all started out as texting one another...and somehow got onto Facebook, ..... oh, not so good. My brother in MO, and a former coworker who now lives in St. Louis both had a duck fit...and maybe its worse by now, haven't looked...
    Hello Valerie
    You seem to have setup a busy day for Yourself on Tuesday. My main problem with CostCo is the exit past the Hot food court :blush: I just love the Chicken Bakes, The Hot Dogs, French Fries and the Sausage Sandwiches :(

The way I look at it is that it is only a sport version of entertainment and I do not understand how passionate some people get about their teams.
    20% chance of rain on Saturday, and 30% for Sunday. YES! to rain both days! Nice rain. Don't need any flooding etc. Everything is drying up down here.

Glad you enjoyed the parade yesterday Roger...and it surely was close by! Bonus, right!!!

I need sometime today to go back and see what that video that Ed posted about Noodles in Singapore is all about. I might learn a thing or three!! And the Happy Pear made jars of something white....hmmm. the suspense! :).

Later...
    Are You heading into drought already ?

More rain in our forecast and the weatherman says that the areas that escaped Tuesday will likley see bad weather today. One town had 50 some homes damaged, Trees and power lines down etc. My brother referred to the weather hitting areas that escaped yesterday as the weather picking up the spare :wink:

Enjoy the Videos
    Roger