Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Another hot one with no chance of precipitation. Nothing definite on the agenda for today except for a nap! I didn't get one yesterday and was up late with J remotely taking over my screen to finish setting up the security on the new modem the way he wanted it.
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Unlimited Data, not free unlimited data, Darn :(
    As I read that You need to pay $100 for 10 Gb of data to get to the free portion ?

That is correct. We pay $35 a month for two phone lines (unlimited talk and text) and then $10 per GB, billed, apparently, at $1 per 0.1 GB, with a $100 cap on the data charges. Most months are going to be a lot less than than $100. After that $100, we get free data, throttled once we reach the 15 GB mark. The maximum bill will be $135 plus fees and taxes, and totals to around $143 and change. Most of the time I am sure we will be well below $100 for our total bill.

Most all other carriers set up plans at similar, or even better, rates, but set up for the amount of data you MIGHT use, and in whole GB chunks, and charge excessively if you go over. So if we usually used, say, 2 to 3 GB, but sometimes used 8 to 10 GB, we needed a plan to cover the high end, whether we used all that data or not, and paying for it whether we used it or not. No rollover either in most plans and you couldn't specify that you wanted, say, a 3 GB plan if all they offered was 2, 6, 8, and 10. You had to pick a "best fit" that might not really be a very good fit.

We much prefer post billing only for data actually used.
    Hello Ed
    I predict that the Living Room Wall AC will be humming much of the day today and hopefully the bedroom AC also. Today will be the first test of that unit, I hope it works, Wish me luck with that as I can not find a replacement that fits that window, I looked last year.

It sounds like You are paying $35 per phone ? Remember the good old days when with a land line You could have 8 phones on the one number ? As I see it most of the Cellular Phone services are greedy and You are supposed to be grateful as You shovel money into their bank account.

Just for the heck of it I looked up the Consumer Cellular plans using these settings.
    Two Phones
    Unlimited Talk
    20Gb a month Data
    and see this
    What to expect on your bill
    $75.00 /month
    -3.75 AARP Discount
    $71.25 Total

and this
    Stay connected to your world—with ease!
    We make it simple for you to get exactly what you need every month.
    Add family or friends for just $15/line.
    All of our Connect Plans include unlimited text messaging.
    Access the Internet right from your cellphone.
    /month

If I ever decide to get a smart phone I bet they have inexpensive Android models available.

I think I recollect that many if not most current phones can act as a Wi-Fi Hot Spot, I do wonder how that impacts battery life.
    I'm not happy or unhappy with my cheapo landline ported to Consumer Cellular at less than $18 a month. No Data or Texting, not that I feel a need for them and I'm not sure how the flip phone would do anything using data. It was a inexpensive model at $30 when I went to Target and ported the Verizon landline that was being turned off as they pushed Their Fios service as the replacement, Free conversion and only near $50 a month, Pass on that bargain.

Using the phone as a hot spot gobbles battery quickly. I had it on the charger a lot while doing that.

Interesting, The old modem either died or was not compatible in some way. I never had a Modem die, I did have cable internet go out and the service call ended up replacing all the connectors and couplers outside the house and Voila, Internet again.

I hope You did not use to much data while the internet was out. Have You considered asking the Cable company for reimbursement for the Outage since You could not use it and possibly for a credit for the cost of the alternative ? I know I am not shy about asking for credits and Senior Discounts. Even places like Wendy's offer a senior Discount :wink:
    I only used somewhere between $10 and $15 worth and can't claim that very much of that was NECESSARY. Now if they wanted to pay me for my TIME, at say...$50 to $75 per hour, that would be nice.

I spent WAY too much of the day doing my own troubleshooting (different cables, different LAN ports on the old modem, disconnecting, reconnecting, rebooting), then repeating some of that, and a couple of other things, with the first remote technician online, who eventually set up the service call for me.

THEN, a relatively short wait for the service call, during which I ate lunch. He was almost an hour earlier than the scheduled window, but you may be sure I wasn't complaining about that! The sooner the better.

The old modem was getting online enough for the cable company to run remote tests but either the LAN ports had died or it may have just been a bit incompatible with the new fiber they had been installing in the area. He was able to get the new modem installed, with some trouble, but he, and another remote tech, were unable to load the static IP address for the mail server and web hosting that J maintains and they blamed the work being done in the area for causing slow or erratic connectivity, saying we could get that fixed online later if it was crucial. J thought that was bull*KITTEN* and that it would be a major pain getting it taken care of, but I got lucky when another remote technician reached out to me online, around supper time, to see if I still needed help, and she was able to load the static IP for us, which, of course, added additional time and testing to make sure it all looked OK. But we couldn't be sure until we finished the security setup on the new modem, and she couldn't help with that, as J had to do it and we needed to take a supper break. She said she'd check with me later to see if we needed anything else from her.
    Been there done that when the Internet died and the Cable TV was still Good, That was when they found the bad connectors outside the house.

It was a royal pain in the neck. Those hoops needed to be jumped through to convince them to schedule a service call. Having it be able to get online enough to run remote tests should have helped too. I find it hard to believe that coincidentally the LAN ports died :smile:

I find it interesting that You have a Mail Server and Web hosting. Sometimes the trick is getting the right person to resolve the issue.
    After that J and I both went to our separate (he's still in Florida) suppers and then around 9:30 got back together online and finished the security setup so that the mail server and web hosting were accessible again. Then I went to bed! I let the last remote tech know that it was all spiffy before going to bed though, and thanked her profusely for her time.

I woke up this morning with a splitting headache but a couple of ibuprofen pills seem to have it subdued, at least for the moment.
    I'm curious security setup on the Modem or router, I would think You have a router. I have a Separate Router and Modem. I do not want them combined so that the cable company can control the router section and change configurations remotely.

I think I may take a Genuine Aspirin with breakfast, I have some joint pain in the right hand on one finger.
    Irish People Try Cheapest Wines
    The Buckfast has to be Gourmet wine or why have a screw on cap :wink:
    Adam Makes the Perfect Egg Salad
    In my oh so humble opinion I make the best Egg Salad. Eggs either crushed with a fork or sliced two ways in the egg slicer. Mayonnaise, No sugar added sweet relish, If there is any in the house diced Celery for Crunch and spread on Buttered bread. No way Salt, Pepper, Mustard and Horseradish are going in my egg salad. Also To me the egg yolks are a little under cooked.
    Whiskey Expert Guesses Cheap vs Expensive Whiskey
    I'm interested to see if there is a lot of difference. Having watched it I see she nailed it.
    Brad and Priya Make Yogurt
    Takes a bit of work and is it worth it, I do not know.
    In memory of Tim Conway, one of his funniest bits. Two versions. EVERYONE ends up falling out of character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY
    Hilarious. I could tell one thing from watching, it was captured from Video tape, You could see the head switching line at the bottom. That is something I would have edited out. The other thing is it looks like it was captured from a EP VHS tape.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    edited May 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! Another hot one with 20% chance of rain. I might get out for some cat food and milk today, though neither is quite at the critical level yet. If Walgreen's let's me know my refill is ready for pickup, it's more likely I'll head out to hit three birds with one stone.

It sounds like You are paying $35 per phone ? Remember the good old days when with a land line You could have 8 phones on the one number ? As I see it most of the Cellular Phone services are greedy and You are supposed to be grateful as You shovel money into their bank account.

I stated it as $35 for two lines, and that's correct. It is $20 for the first line and then $15 for each additional line. For each additional line, up to a point, the data allowance cap goes up as well, so the cap of $100 for two lines was lower for only one line, and adding additional lines would raise the cap further. I forget, but seem to remember there IS a limit to how many lines can be included in one group account. Maybe 5 or 10...

Oh, and on the internet, we do have a router that is the only thing actually connected directly to the modem. The router is also our firewall. J had to adjust the security on the modem to allow the router/firewall to open ports to allow access to the mail and web servers, or, for that matter, any other ports we want left open for incoming requests. The router/firewall was already configured, but the modem, by default, wasn't allowing any incoming traffic of that nature, so the requests were rejected before ever getting to our router/firewall.

The modem does come with a built-in, somewhat configurable, firewall, but, on the prior modem anyway, it wasn't as flexible and configurable as our router. Having our firewall pre-configured on our own device saved J the trouble of trying to figure out whether the new modem's firewall could be configured as he wanted, since we just plugged in the router and set the modem to let the router open whatever we wanted.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LjC-nUPrNg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT5ALH3ICTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-uw7_lF3Gc&t=33s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvjBR2_6hSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4bucphC9r4
  • RogerToo
    Good Sunday Morning!
    Starts with a beautiful morning..sun shining..yard manicured from yesterday...makes for a pretty picture as Iook outside my window. Finishing my banana, and then a few quick chores before Jack and maybe more show up to get me that mailbox I asked for at Christmas. (Jack sometimes brings one of the kids with him) Old mailbox is not only shabby looking, but is unstable.

Will need a trip to the gym later today.
    Hello Valerie
    Now if only the lawn would stay looking like that.

Shabby and unstable, hmm... That sounds like it is on a post by the road. We are lucky, ours mounts to the closed in porch next to the storm door. I can lean out, lift the lid and gran our mail :smiley:
    Roger, unless I have an appointment that I need to keep, I just don't use my alarm clock at all, and yes it is across the room necessitating feet on the floor and a few actual steps.... I danced to the tune of the alarm clock, and schedules, now I feel I owe it to myself to operate on MY schedule. Which is why I very seldom get the top spot of being first to say Good Morning. :)
    I'm sure Ed will tell you best about using the hot spot, but at least my cable co. doesn't give credits unless your cable is out for over 24 hours... also at least in my use, I seldom use enough data to be dinged for charges. So, my data and phone, and text are 'free'...if you can say that with a straight face as you pay for the cable usage.
    I've considered getting TV and internet as a package, its way cheaper than just internet. None of their business if I use the TV part...or even own a TV!!!
    And like a good senior citizen, I also enjoy using old persons discounts!!! Why the heck not?

Ok, I really should get this day started...will be back later, as I haven't seen a post from Ed. With J out of town, his schedule may have changed as well.

This morning was not a 'raring to go' morning, but the thought of hot steamy coffee got my feet on the floor!! LOL

Later...
    It took me a while not to live by the alarm clock. Around here the prices they advertise that bundle internet, TV and DVR are limited to new subscribers. I keep forgetting to call and see if I can get a better price. I have options, I just hate the idea of a new email.
    TV I can get two satellite companies, Cable, Fios and of course for locals only an antenna.
    For Internet Cable, Fios and via Satellite.
    DVR I have a DVR that will work with over the air channels, IE an Antenna.

I talked with my brother and we can dump locals and reduce speed on the Internet to save money.

I had a cup of coffee left in the Thermos from yesterday, it was luke warm but the Microwave cured that :smiley:
    Hey Ed! you posted while I was typing, and I didn't see it.
    Have a great day, and glad you got your internet all set up. Sorry about the headache...hopefully the ibuprofen will keep the headache away all day.
    Later!!!

I just saw where ed posted while I was typing the above, I will try and get back to it later, I have several things I need to research first. News to read Humor to decide on etc.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi! Pretty sure I posted?? May not have clicked the post button....
    Ok, So, Sunday Jack and I did a lot of outdoor work, the redbud tree I've asked the boys to cut, finally is cut, and hauled off...several smaller ones also gone! Looks so much better. It was hot, I was hot only hot, but not feeling so good, Too much heat and not enough to eat..so I ate..didn't really help much.. Ended up not going to the gym. Finally began to feel like 'me' again by about 6p.
    I watched the cola guy. Not surprised by the many steps, and ingredients. The formula was invented by a druggist. Story in our family...during the war (WWII) you couldn't buy Coke. My Dad's family knew a druggist who would sell the cola syrup. I can still in my mind see the blue china carbonization gismo.. I don't drink carbonated sodas, etc anymore...but Roger if you ever see Mexican Coke...buy at least one. They are amazing. Yes, Coke in the US is HFCS...the Mexican variety is made with sugar, and is soooo much tastier. Amazing the difference.

Tomorrow you have your appointment with the Doc. Will be thinking of you, and waiting to hear his treatment plan, which I understand you will post on Wednesday. Wishing you all the very best, and an easy protocol. I just keep thinking how fortunate you were that it was discovered early!

Did you all see the news story about the billionaire who is paying off the student loans for all of this years graduating class at Morehouse College here in ATL. ( I know Ed has seen it. Its all over our local news and national news as well. Those are really lucky kids. What a gift!

I did show up at the gym today! And a quick run to Publix to get the couple things I can't buy from Kroger. Also cashed in my BIG lottery win...a whole $7....no zero's. LOL!!

Made Mac and Cheese, vegan from a box. Ted bought a box of it when he was taking care of me...and it was good. So, today y'all read about fried Mac and Cheese bites...and I ate mine over some steamed cauliflower!!

That's about it.

Later...

• RogerToo
    KMGLih.jpg
    When making bread, lesson number 1 dough rises. Clearly, this employee didn’t have the experience they claimed they did.

Nn2rtq.jpg

0PNFy3.jpg
    Yup that'll Work

HF94sP.jpg

SKKPsc.jpg

7XcqIE.jpg

R98VVD.jpg

ngrgtt.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    Last night at 10 PM it was still 80 degrees, currently It is 61 degrees outside, The forecast is for today's high to be in the upper 60s.

Wish me Luck

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/technology/as-seattles-new-hotels-roll-out-automation-to-serve-guests-workers-worry/
    As Seattle’s new hotels roll out automation to serve guests, workers worry

https://apnews.com/5d179369e9e04ab693886bab1e47dab6
    Vast gasoline lines form in oil-rich Venezuela

And He wants to be president ?
    https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-third-party-transfer-de-blasio-foreclosure-properties-20190519-pzay6vrdxbdf3cs3nwrrspd6rq-story.html
    De Blasio administration moves to foreclose on hundreds of homes in black and Hispanic neighborhoods

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! Another hot one with 20% chance of rain. I might get out for some cat food and milk today, though neither is quite at the critical level yet. If Walgreen's let's me know my refill is ready for pickup, it's more likely I'll head out to hit three birds with one stone.
    I stated it as $35 for two lines, and that's correct. It is $20 for the first line and then $15 for each additional line. For each additional line, up to a point, the data allowance cap goes up as well, so the cap of $100 for two lines was lower for only one line, and adding additional lines would raise the cap further. I forget, but seem to remember there IS a limit to how many lines can be included in one group account. Maybe 5 or 10...
    Hello Ed
    Monday was a hot day for May hitting 90 in some inland areas.
    I just used the last of my milk with my Grape Nuts Cereal, Now I get to switch to NS hot foods for a while.
    Oh, and on the internet, we do have a router that is the only thing actually connected directly to the modem. The router is also our firewall. J had to adjust the security on the modem to allow the router/firewall to open ports to allow access to the mail and web servers, or, for that matter, any other ports we want left open for incoming requests. The router/firewall was already configured, but the modem, by default, wasn't allowing any incoming traffic of that nature, so the requests were rejected before ever getting to our router/firewall.

The modem does come with a built-in, somewhat configurable, firewall, but, on the prior modem anyway, it wasn't as flexible and configurable as our router. Having our firewall pre-configured on our own device saved J the trouble of trying to figure out whether the new modem's firewall could be configured as he wanted, since we just plugged in the router and set the modem to let the router open whatever we wanted.
    When I bought the current Router I wanted one that supported high speed WiFi and maximum configurability. The Router is our only firewall also. As I think I mentioned I want something completely under my control between the Cable Company and the house.
    Kids Try 100 Years of the Most Expensive Foods
    Most of those are nothing I would eat, Lobster, Shrimp, Caviar, Foie Gras & Frog Legs... Pass
    OTOH Wagyu Beef :smiley:
    $2 Bacon Vs. $100 Bacon
    Who Cares, Bacon ! A local eatery really loads up their BLT with lots of bacon.
    Kids Try 10 Unusual Meats From 10 States
    Pass on the Rattlesnake too. However Biscuits and Gravy, But not Squirrel, Sausage yes. Quail Poppers, No thanks. The rest I have no opinion.
    Kids Try 100 Years of Airline Food
    Airline food used to OK, First Class even better based on past experience.
    $27 Cake Vs. $1,120 Cake
    I would not even pay $27 for a cake and forget about $100 :wink: I am talking about everyday cakes, not ones like a wedding cake.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi! Pretty sure I posted?? May not have clicked the post button....
    Ok, So, Sunday Jack and I did a lot of outdoor work, the redbud tree I've asked the boys to cut, finally is cut, and hauled off...several smaller ones also gone! Looks so much better. It was hot, I was hot only hot, but not feeling so good, Too much heat and not enough to eat..so I ate..didn't really help much.. Ended up not going to the gym. Finally began to feel like 'me' again by about 6p.
    I watched the cola guy. Not surprised by the many steps, and ingredients. The formula was invented by a druggist. Story in our family...during the war (WWII) you couldn't buy Coke. My Dad's family knew a druggist who would sell the cola syrup. I can still in my mind see the blue china carbonization gismo.. I don't drink carbonated sodas, etc anymore...but Roger if you ever see Mexican Coke...buy at least one. They are amazing. Yes, Coke in the US is HFCS...the Mexican variety is made with sugar, and is soooo much tastier. Amazing the difference.
    Hello Valerie
    Every now and then I click the preview button and it looks like I clicked the Post button.

My brother says the same thing, buy the Mexican Coke and not the US version for the same reason.

I do not drink much in the way of soda these days, Actually I do not recall drinking one this year.
    Tomorrow you have your appointment with the Doc. Will be thinking of you, and waiting to hear his treatment plan, which I understand you will post on Wednesday. Wishing you all the very best, and an easy protocol. I just keep thinking how fortunate you were that it was discovered early!

Did you all see the news story about the billionaire who is paying off the student loans for all of this years graduating class at Morehouse College here in ATL. ( I know Ed has seen it. Its all over our local news and national news as well. Those are really lucky kids. What a gift!
    I hope it was discovered early, so far the only thing I am sure of is it was discovered earlier than it could have been.

How Could I miss that one, it was all over all of the news broadcasts, along with Oprah giving $500K to a school. Lucky for both schools.
    I did show up at the gym today! And a quick run to Publix to get the couple things I can't buy from Kroger. Also cashed in my BIG lottery win...a whole $7....no zero's. LOL!!

Made Mac and Cheese, vegan from a box. Ted bought a box of it when he was taking care of me...and it was good. So, today y'all read about fried Mac and Cheese bites...and I ate mine over some steamed cauliflower!!

That's about it.

Later...
    So what You are saying is You made a boxed Mac & Cheese version of Kraft Dinner :wink:

You are still ahead of our lottery winnings.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited May 2019
    Good Morning...Tuesday early!
    Got up mid sleep last night, tottered off to my bathroom..no, I didn't turn on the light. There was a frog in my bathroom. how the heck it got there, I do not know. It was a small one, about 2 inches nose to tail, so I plopped a cup over it, slid some stiff junk mail under it, and about 2 a.m. I was carrying little visitor out side. Not til I was out on the porch, did I realize what all I wasn't wearing. ummm, well I did have on a long t-shirt, and nobody was around. I live on a fairly quiet street, thank heavens. But, I haven't been able to sleep since. I get the giggles just thinking of it...oh, and no I didn't kiss the frog to see if it was my prince either!! LOL...I am really really curious to know how the heck it got there though.

Ed will be along shortly...Hi Ed!!! I'll come back for your posts later. I fully intend to sleep sometime soon.

Roger, will be thinking of you, and sending you all the good luck in the world today.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! J got back last night. I made a nice, small, slow cooker of vegan chili, so that was dinner. It was vegan as cooked, but not as served, since we both added cheese. There is one serving left, so someone gets to finish it off for lunch today.

When I slow cook my vegan chili I always include some lentils as part of the preparation. When slow cooked for 8 to 10 hours, the lentils generally dissolve completely, resulting in a nice, thick, chili gravy. A somewhat shorter time can result in the lentils crumbling to resemble finely crumbled meat, at least in appearance, if not texture. In either case, they add additional protein to make the chili that much more nutritious.

I got the cat food and prescription yesterday, but decided to skip on the milk and just get more cat food. Of course I spent more on the additional cat food than I would have on the milk, but I won't have to buy more quite so soon.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=519XNb1ztEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02tRxM_1VsE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEP8Hc7649E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjTrBJP6xvk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJ9_JhACtk
  • GardenKatGardens
    Yep Roger, I made a box Mac & Cheeze with non dairy cheeze, and rice macaroni, lower fat, etc. Was good. I put steamed cauliflower in a deep bowl, added the Mac&Cheeze on top and loved it. First Cauliflower I ever ate my MIL fixed with cheese sauce. I could have eaten the whole dish! MMMMMM!
    Oh...I knew there was another question from Roger... I have in my possesion a quick pick for both Mega Millions, and PowerBall. So that's $4...and I also have $3 that I've yet to spend. LOL!! I must be rich! (big big grin. I could only wish, right?)

Ed your vegan chili sounds great, and I could have put my Follow My Heart cheeze and do when I make chili! Also sometimes other fun stuff like chips, etc. Love big pots of chili in the winter..I'm sure you've noticed, its not WINTER in GA, at least not this week. In the 90's thru at least Sunday. One of those days challenging a record high for May in GA.

I'm also going to watch at least part to the noon news, and go back to bed!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    JMCCD3.jpg

pUBoVn.jpg

byDGJP.jpg

aCSoFs.jpg

H8EQ26.jpg

6GerJo.jpg

XHHA5K.jpg

5pyJsn.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Last night at 10 PM it was still 80 degrees, currently It is 53 degrees outside.
    The good thing is that the doctor took his time explaining everything including drawing what is happening and the proposed surgery.

The outcome of the doctor visit was not good news. I seem to have what the doctor described as a Cholangiocarcinoma that needs surgery. That means removal of part of the Liver. I suppose it could have been worse if undiscovered for a longer period of time. This morning I will be out of here early for the first of two preop tests. Today is a Nuclear Stress test and I need to schedule another cat scan when I get home. In approximately two weeks I should be scheduled and have the surgery then 7 days recovery in the hospital. If anything should occur during this period look for a email from my brother with a subject somewhat along the lines, Update from Roger's brother.
    Wish me Luck

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/5g-danger-hundreds-of-respected-scientists-sound-the-alarm-about-health-effects-as-5g-networks-go-up-nationwide
    5G Danger: Hundreds Of Respected Scientists Sound The Alarm About Health Effects As 5G Networks Go Up Nationwide

https://www.fastcompany.com/90352372/fcc-plan-to-block-robocalls-has-debt-collectors-worried
    Surprise! Debt collectors don’t love the FCC’s plan to kill robocalls

https://www.sfgate.com/technology/article/Uber-Lyft-San-Francisco-pros-cons-ride-hailing-13841277.php
    What science says Uber and Lyft are doing to San Francisco

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning...Tuesday early!
    Got up mid sleep last night, tottered off to my bathroom..no, I didn't turn on the light. There was a frog in my bathroom. how the heck it got there, I do not know. It was a small one, about 2 inches nose to tail, so I plopped a cup over it, slid some stiff junk mail under it, and about 2 a.m. I was carrying little visitor out side. Not til I was out on the porch, did I realize what all I wasn't wearing. ummm, well I did have on a long t-shirt, and nobody was around. I live on a fairly quiet street, thank heavens. But, I haven't been able to sleep since. I get the giggles just thinking of it...oh, and no I didn't kiss the frog to see if it was my prince either!! LOL...I am really really curious to know how the heck it got there though.

Ed will be along shortly...Hi Ed!!! I'll come back for your posts later. I fully intend to sleep sometime soon.

Roger, will be thinking of you, and sending you all the good luck in the world today.

Later...
    Hello Valerie
    Hmm... A frog, The smaller critters do get in the darndest places.

I live on a quiet street too and at 2 AM I would expect no traffic or anybody walking. That usually starts around 4 AM.

I hope You fell asleep quickly.
    Yep Roger, I made a box Mac & Cheeze with non dairy cheeze, and rice macaroni, lower fat, etc. Was good. I put steamed cauliflower in a deep bowl, added the Mac&Cheeze on top and loved it. First Cauliflower I ever ate my MIL fixed with cheese sauce. I could have eaten the whole dish! MMMMMM!
    Oh...I knew there was another question from Roger... I have in my possesion a quick pick for both Mega Millions, and PowerBall. So that's $4...and I also have $3 that I've yet to spend. LOL!! I must be rich! (big big grin. I could only wish, right?)

Ed your vegan chili sounds great, and I could have put my Follow My Heart cheeze and do when I make chili! Also sometimes other fun stuff like chips, etc. Love big pots of chili in the winter..I'm sure you've noticed, its not WINTER in GA, at least not this week. In the 90's thru at least Sunday. One of those days challenging a record high for May in GA.

I'm also going to watch at least part to the noon news, and go back to bed!

Later...
    Interesting that the called it Cheeze. Rice Macaroni, Would that be Macaroni made using rice flower or Macaroni shaped like Rice ?
    Cauliflower as Broccoli both are both amazing with a cheese sauce.

Yesterday I had a Wendy's baked potato with cheese and bacon, So tasty after some years of not having it. As well as one of their small Chilis which I should have asked for cheese on. And what the Call a
    Grilled S’Awesome Bacon Chicken Sandwich
    Herb-marinated grilled chicken breast, three strips of Applewood smoked bacon, muenster cheese, lettuce, tomato, and our signature sweet and tangy Side of S’Awesome™ sauce. The one chicken sandwich that tastes unlike anything else.

I did of course throw away the Bun, and the scale was kind to me this morning.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Correction last night was cooler, I reused and forgot to change that 80 degrees at 10 PM. Oops
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! J got back last night. I made a nice, small, slow cooker of vegan chili, so that was dinner. It was vegan as cooked, but not as served, since we both added cheese. There is one serving left, so someone gets to finish it off for lunch today.

When I slow cook my vegan chili I always include some lentils as part of the preparation. When slow cooked for 8 to 10 hours, the lentils generally dissolve completely, resulting in a nice, thick, chili gravy. A somewhat shorter time can result in the lentils crumbling to resemble finely crumbled meat, at least in appearance, if not texture. In either case, they add additional protein to make the chili that much more nutritious.

I got the cat food and prescription yesterday, but decided to skip on the milk and just get more cat food. Of course I spent more on the additional cat food than I would have on the milk, but I won't have to buy more quite so soon.
    Hello Ed
    Interesting about the Lentils, I would never have thought about that.

Nobody ever said pets were cheap to feed :wink:
    Chefs Honestly Review Kitchen Gadgets Vol. 9
    Rotato Express, I must be cheap I just use a manual potato peeler. Watching the potato looked like it need to finished manually.
    Why I Season My Cutting Board, NOT My Steak
    This I have to see. I think I will continue seasoning on the plate.
    ONE HOUR VEGAN MEAL PREP / HIGH PROTEIN Vegan Mac & Cheese, Bean & Quinoa Chili
    Too long for impatient me :blush:
    5 Low-Calorie Breakfasts To Start Your Day Right
    The Quick Oats Pancakes looked OK, the rest, excluding the puff pastry one nope.
    4 High-Fiber Vegetarian Meals
    They did not look that easy or low calorie to me, I could be wrong OTOH.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Another hot one here with no chance of rain. I need to water a few things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvag9riGr74

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyMPbExnJr4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLX8ltNl7xE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfR7CgN9fQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aie1zvHN6QE

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning, Wednesday, O is 15 today!!!?? How did THAT happen so quickly?

Roger, I am so sorry that your going to have to face surgery, and a week long hospital stay. Bile Duct... another one of those sneaky things that you don't know you have, meaning no symptoms. Thank goodness you had the MRI for the hernia! This is all such a shock. Here we three are, worrying over blood sugars, carbs, exercise, diet and nutrition and wham you got blind sided by a bile duct. You know I am wishing you the very best of outcomes, and am hopeful that because of early detection you have a good chance to come out of this a winner!! There will be many good vibes, loads of thoughts and prayers, coming from GA. Keep us in you mind as well, so all these healing wishes know where you are!
    Godspeed my friend, Godspeed.
  • GardenKatGardens
    OK, while I chatting at Roger, the message came up that Ed had posted??? Where? This is weird. I see no post, yet in awhile, there will be not only verbiage but lots of video's and things to read... So, where do they hide out in the meantime?? LOL!!

Roger the Mac&Cheese is a box mix from Daiya. Daiya being the brand of fake cheese that I'm not at all fond of. BUT, the Mac & Cheese (with yellow vegan cheese) is quite good. (Well, let me qualify that by saying its been over 6 years since I've had cow cheese and cow Mac & Cheese. Taste buds change.) The macaroni is made with rice flour...therefore it has no gluten..and really pretty darn good! I also found, but have not made yet 'Alfredo Style Deluxe Cheezy Mac' Being a huge fan of Alfredo Sauce, I have high hopes for this one....Also, the 'cheeze' is sorta the vegan way of noting it is not milkfat cheese, but plant based. I use it sometimes, and sometimes cheese just sorta taps off my fingertips as I type!!! Annie's also makes a decent Mac and 'Cheeze', and Amy's has a vegan rice macaroni that is frozen and cooks quickly in the microwave!

Ed, I was wiped out for nearly 2 whole days from being outdoors in this heat over the weekend...and it wasn't even THAT hot. Not like the 90's we're being served for the next 5 or more days. All I could think of was you and your time at the fuel center at Kroger. That had to be awful.

I'm going to hop over to fb to check up on my MO brother after all the storms from yesterday, and then hit the shower...need to be in Decatur (Avondale Estates actually) for my much needed hair cut.
    Will look at your posts this afternoon when I get home...

Later...
  • RogerToo
    DW5FkS.jpg

e2mwVr.jpg

mmBLv8.jpg

XuJz1J.jpg

mJRF4h.jpg
    That's not how to get rid of the Christmas Tree

GtxAcA.jpg

ozIRVg.jpg

yB04Xx.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Currently It is 61 degrees outside. We had some light rain overnight and a possibility of Severe weather for the late afternoon into the evening.
    I feel sorry for my brother TBH, He has been running me around and has to do all the mowing and other yard work. In some ways this may be harder on him than on me as of today.

Yesterday I got the OK from the Cardiologist for surgery and Friday I go for the Catscan wanted before hand and then I can call the scheduler to setup the surgery.

https://www.wired.com/story/usps-tests-self-driving-trucks-hauling-mail/
    The USPS Tests Out Self-Driving Trucks for Hauling Mail

https://www.studyfinds.org/poor-sleep-causes-social-anxiety-that-affects-others-study-finds/
    Poor Sleep Makes People Feel Lonely, Anti-Social — And The Effect Is ‘Contagious’

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/investigations/Rats-Fleas-Los-Angeles-Garbage-Trash-Piles-Health-Mayor-Eric-Garcetti-510171121.html
    Rotting Trash Piles Sky-High in LA, Attracting Rats and Raising Concerns of a New Epidemic
    After reporting LA's most notorious trash pile to the city's 311 services hotline, the I-Team was told it could take up to 90 days before it's cleaned up. An expert says there's no time to waste

https://apnews.com/4fe25feb5481467fbcc0a2f275a287f9
    Mexicans buy fake cellphones to hand over in muggings

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger