Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Another hot one here with no chance of rain. I need to water a few things.
    Hello Ed
    Yesterday was OK for temperature and dry.I feel sorry for my brother TBH, He has been running me around and has to do all the mowing and other yard work. In some ways this may be harder on him than on me as of today.
    8 Sandwiches To Satisfy Your Hunger
    I was a bit thrown when they got to the part using Baby Back Ribs... In a Sandwich ? I guess it would work if You can Pull the bones and leave the meat intact otherwise just make a Pulled Pork Sandwich.
    Vegan Pulled Pork Sandwich :smiley:
    American & Japanese People Swap Snacks
    hmm... It has been a while since I had Whoppers :wink: Cheetos, Original version, So tasty. Me for Honey BBQ Chips and Regular Potato Chips, So Good.
    EPIC HIGH PROTEIN BOWL | 50G VEGAN PROTEIN
    Since I am not working out...
    TRUFFLE JAJANGMYEON (BLACK BEAN NOODLES) & DUMPLINGS VEGAN MUKBANG
    This does not sound inexpensive, however it looks OK.
    No Bake KETO Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe 🍫 Nutella FAT BOMB 2019
    I may be going against the flow but I never liked Nutella, Oh well :smiley:

Thank You for the videos
    oger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning, Wednesday, O is 15 today!!!?? How did THAT happen so quickly?

Roger, I am so sorry that your going to have to face surgery, and a week long hospital stay. Bile Duct... another one of those sneaky things that you don't know you have, meaning no symptoms. Thank goodness you had the MRI for the hernia! This is all such a shock. Here we three are, worrying over blood sugars, carbs, exercise, diet and nutrition and wham you got blind sided by a bile duct. You know I am wishing you the very best of outcomes, and am hopeful that because of early detection you have a good chance to come out of this a winner!! There will be many good vibes, loads of thoughts and prayers, coming from GA. Keep us in you mind as well, so all these healing wishes know where you are!
    Godspeed my friend, Godspeed.
    Hello Valerie
    They Grow up quick as You noticed.

Is it earlier detection or as I suspect earlier than it would have been without the hernia ?
    So I loose part of the liver and the Gall Bladder. It is what it is. Yesterday after the Cardiologist My Brother and I went to the Diner, since it was around the time to change from the Breakfast Menu to the Regular menu he had the two Eggs over easy, Sausage etc. Breakfast platter. I had the Pastichio with Greek Salad lunch special.

I can hear a Thunderstorm rumbling overhead so I may get off here until it has passed..

Yesterday I brought my Sister up to date and Talked with the Family Lawyer. She took a quick look and said my will looks OK just in case so that is one less worry.

Thank You for the well-wishes.
    OK, while I chatting at Roger, the message came up that Ed had posted??? Where? This is weird. I see no post, yet in awhile, there will be not only verbiage but lots of video's and things to read... So, where do they hide out in the meantime?? LOL!!
    I can answer that question, It will not show up until You reload the page.
    Roger the Mac&Cheese is a box mix from Daiya. Daiya being the brand of fake cheese that I'm not at all fond of. BUT, the Mac & Cheese (with yellow vegan cheese) is quite good. (Well, let me qualify that by saying its been over 6 years since I've had cow cheese and cow Mac & Cheese. Taste buds change.) The macaroni is made with rice flour...therefore it has no gluten..and really pretty darn good! I also found, but have not made yet 'Alfredo Style Deluxe Cheezy Mac' Being a huge fan of Alfredo Sauce, I have high hopes for this one....Also, the 'cheeze' is sorta the vegan way of noting it is not milkfat cheese, but plant based. I use it sometimes, and sometimes cheese just sorta taps off my fingertips as I type!!! Annie's also makes a decent Mac and 'Cheeze', and Amy's has a vegan rice macaroni that is frozen and cooks quickly in the microwave!
    Brave Valerie trying a cheese dish from someone whose cheese You are not fond of :smiley:

Those other dishes sound pretty tasty. Since we are talking about Mac & Cheese now I want to run out and get a Box of Kraft Dinner or go to the freezer and bring up the NS Mac & Cheese Dinner Entree :(
    Ed, I was wiped out for nearly 2 whole days from being outdoors in this heat over the weekend...and it wasn't even THAT hot. Not like the 90's we're being served for the next 5 or more days. All I could think of was you and your time at the fuel center at Kroger. That had to be awful.

I'm going to hop over to fb to check up on my MO brother after all the storms from yesterday, and then hit the shower...need to be in Decatur (Avondale Estates actually) for my much needed hair cut.
    Will look at your posts this afternoon when I get home...

Later...
    The heat will knock a person out. Still Thundering and now the rain has arrived.

Hopefully Your Brother came through with no damage.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    edited May 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 10% chance of rain today, which would be quite welcome! It's also supposed to be another day in the low 90s. I need to get out for a few grocery items, but I think I may be able to limit that to Aldi if I delay a couple of items that can't be purchased there.
    RogerToo wrote: »

I feel sorry for my brother TBH, He has been running me around and has to do all the mowing and other yard work. In some ways this may be harder on him than on me as of today.

Yesterday I got the OK from the Cardiologist for surgery and Friday I go for the Catscan wanted before hand and then I can call the scheduler to setup the surgery.

https://www.wired.com/story/usps-tests-self-driving-trucks-hauling-mail/
    The USPS Tests Out Self-Driving Trucks for Hauling Mail

https://apnews.com/4fe25feb5481467fbcc0a2f275a287f9
    Mexicans buy fake cellphones to hand over in muggings

I feel for your brother. I almost overdid it yesterday just cutting off a few low branches on trees in he front yard. Well, maybe slightly more than a few, as I did do quite a bit more trimming than I initially intended.

Hoping for all the best on the CAT scan and that you can get the everything taken care of quickly, and as painlessly as possible. And that your CAT scan is a little bit better than this one.

hg3t9224r1v2.png

I haven't read the article yet on the self driving mail trucks but think it is a bad idea, even if it is, as I suspect, only from one mail facility to another. I just doubt that a self driving vehicle, as yet, can really be programmed to deal with all the complexity of driving on our roadways and the totally unpredictable behavior of the human drivers.

Fake cellphones (and for that matter fake wallets - a little money and fake ID) sound like a good idea! And only wear fake jewelry...

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYoG4Lo99aY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj446B9AXTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwsD3fQQsIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7kwV-Mjh8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuHnrZJG21Q

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning...Thursday May 23..May is soon gone!
    I am early again today...I think Ed's right, we need to find the regular ole sleepyhead Valerie...where DID she go??
    Watering outside today, as M. Nature seems to be on strike. I need to check about water restrictions in this county..we've had a wet winter/spring, but...that may or may not remove the watering schedule. Meanwhile, the front mailbox flower bed is being watered, and it's where the rain gauge is located...so I can sit in my house and watch the readout and Know how much 'rain' I've put down!!! LOL! Usually I rely on time to tell me I've watered enough. This is kinda fun! :) also weird!!

Roger sounds like they've given you lots of hoops to jump thru just to have your surgery. Cardiologist..MRI, Etc. You know I can remember when your Doc's staff would set up appointments for you, especially the surgery schedule. Times do change. Don't worry about your soon to be missing gall bladder. I haven't had one since the mid 70's, and have never missed it! My first question to the surgeon was, how does this change my diet. He said people will tell you this and that about what you can or can't eat. Don't listen! You can eat anything that you want, the gall bladder was only a 'holding tank'...now your bile comes straight from your liver. Now, I know nothing from personal experience about having part of your liver removed, but I do seem to recall that the liver can regenerate...don't know how long that takes....bet your Doc has all these answers. :)

Ed, did you get all your watering done yesterday? Its one of those silly chores that can take up a chunk of time, a little bit at a time. Oh, I just reached quarter of an inch in my gauge...would like a bit more but not til I check the longer range weather report. No sense watering if M Nature is going to do it for me...(she doesn't have to pay a sewer charge which is higher than the water charge either!!!)

Coffee cup is about empty, so I guess I need to move the sprinkler, and start a light load of clothes., and , and, and.....

Later...

• parityanimal
    edited May 2019
    Guess what time it is!

It's Howdy Foody time!

Er...I mean Food Review time.

Mama Cozzi's Cauliflower Crust Pizza, available exclusively at Aldi.

9mzz1dxvvyxh.png

7kcd5pl5orb7.png

rjmj0gsthwbn.png

dbg0tjf8u7j1.png

49hn8pgdcji1.png

As you can see, I added a significant amount of crumbled breakfast sausage to the pepperoni pizza to make it into a combination pizza. I am sure it would have been fine as just a pepperoni pizza though.

They could have put a bit more sauce on them. That is really my only complaint, and it wasn't really a big deal to us.

We liked this pizza and would definitely eat it again! I haven't actually eaten all of the meat pizza yet, so I guess I WILL be eating it again.

For frozen pizza, I give it 4 out of 5.

• RogerToo
    edited May 2019
    Currently It is 65 degrees outside. Thursday We Had heavy rain and Thunder in the morning until a short while before noon. Followed by another 1/2 hour of heavy rain and Thunder sometime after 3PM.

No it isn't OK
    https://www.nbc12.com/2019/05/16/loved-death-is-euthanizing-pets-be-buried-with-dead-owners-ok/
    Loved to death: Is euthanizing pets to be buried with dead owners OK?

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/05/21/anti-vax-movement-spreads-to-pet-population/
    Anti-Vax Movement Spreads To Pet Population

Scroll down for other medical news such as Carpal Tunnel
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/this-toilet-will-predict-if-youll-have-heart-failure
    This Toilet Will Predict if You’ll Have Heart Failure
    The best way to monitor patients with heart disease might be with a simple hack of their bathroom habits.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/iq-rates-are-dropping-many-developed-countries-doesn-t-bode-ncna1008576
    Evan Horowitz IQ rates are dropping in many developed countries and that doesn't bode well for humanity
    An intelligence crisis could undermine our problem-solving capacities and dim the prospects of the global economy.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/22/the-pentagon-finally-admits-it-investigates-ufos/
    The Pentagon finally admits it investigates UFOs

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    wbe6yU.jpg

2KTFnG.jpg

wIzpXV.jpg
    Why ??

7Ac6tV.jpg

PdqyZv.jpg
    That is a really bad idea

Hyyc84.jpg

lXOpMB.jpg

uCLsBi.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 10% chance of rain today, which would be quite welcome! It's also supposed to be another day in the low 90s. I need to get out for a few grocery items, but I think I may be able to limit that to Aldi if I delay a couple of items that can't be purchased there.
    Snipped to save space

I feel for your brother. I almost overdid it yesterday just cutting off a few low branches on trees in he front yard. Well, maybe slightly more than a few, as I did do quite a bit more trimming than I initially intended.

Hoping for all the best on the CAT scan and that you can get the everything taken care of quickly, and as painlessly as possible. And that your CAT scan is a little bit better than this one.

I haven't read the article yet on the self driving mail trucks but think it is a bad idea, even if it is, as I suspect, only from one mail facility to another. I just doubt that a self driving vehicle, as yet, can really be programmed to deal with all the complexity of driving on our roadways and the totally unpredictable behavior of the human drivers.

Fake cellphones (and for that matter fake wallets - a little money and fake ID) sound like a good idea! And only wear fake jewelry...
    Hello Ed
    The Low 90s are no joke if the humidity is also high. When I mow in the worst of the summer weather I used to spread it out over two days and that is with a 5K lot that has a 900 square foot house on it :wink:

Off around 8:15 at the latest to be there through the rush hour to arrive by 8:45 to do the paperwork for the 9AM appointment.

Neither of us here are fans of anything self driving, not to mention they all seem to be ugly :smiley:

When I was walking I carried no wallet a maybe $25 and a expired Drivers license and I do have a flip phone I can hand over, it is a 911 only that mom picked up at the senior center years ago.

Why people wear Jewelry and expensive headphones is beyond me. I can recall in New York City over the years where popular Jackets and later expensive Sneakers were being robbed right off of the wearers :(
    Nowadays with Cell Phone Zombies walking their streets the crooks run up or Pedal up and grab them out the hand and take off.
    Cut The Zucchini 10x & Put It On The Board. What Comes Next Is So Cool!
    That did not look that appetizing to me. I have been known to bake or fry Zucchinis and Yellow Summer Squash nice and crisp, lightly salt and enjoy OTOH. My brother is the one that Grows and enjoys EggPlant.
    Shepherds Pie - The Happy Pear - Vegetarian Dinner
    I think I will stick to the easier to make regular Shepherds pie, or in my case Cottage Pie using ground Beef.
    Kids Try Bones from Around the World
    Pass on the fried fish bones. Smoked Pigs Ear is not Bone. Who didn't know that about Jello ?
    CHINESE Lay's Potato Chip - NUMB & Spicy Hot Pot, CUCUMBER, Finger Licking Braised Pork
    None of the flavors appealed to me, It was interesting that Emmy said one thing she learned with Pringles is that they fit better in the mouth upside down.
    How to Make Thai Tea - easy recipe
    We have a friend that always orders this when we meet at the Thai Restaurant :smiley:
    Guess what time it is!

It's Howdy Foody time!

Er...I mean Food Review time.

Mama Cozzi's Cauliflower Crust Pizza, available exclusively at Aldi.

As you can see, I added a significant amount of crumbled breakfast sausage to the pepperoni pizza to make it into a combination pizza. I am sure it would have been fine as just a pepperoni pizza though.

They could have put a bit more sauce on them. That is really my only complaint, and it wasn't really a big deal to us.

We liked this pizza and would definitely eat it again! I haven't actually eaten all of the meat pizza yet, so I guess I WILL be eating it again.

For frozen pizza, I give it 4 out of 5.
    I'm curious is there something in a regular pizza crust that J will not eat or is it the Gluten or ??

I have added precooked sausage crumbles to the NS pizzas in the past. I have also sprinkled Grated Cheese on them to change the taste somewhat.

Sauce amounts are subjective IMO. They did bake up looking really tasty. I wonder if Aldi's here carried them or if it is a regional thing.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning...Thursday May 23..May is soon gone!
    I am early again today...I think Ed's right, we need to find the regular ole sleepyhead Valerie...where DID she go??
    Watering outside today, as M. Nature seems to be on strike. I need to check about water restrictions in this county..we've had a wet winter/spring, but...that may or may not remove the watering schedule. Meanwhile, the front mailbox flower bed is being watered, and it's where the rain gauge is located...so I can sit in my house and watch the readout and Know how much 'rain' I've put down!!! LOL! Usually I rely on time to tell me I've watered enough. This is kinda fun! :) also weird!!

Roger sounds like they've given you lots of hoops to jump thru just to have your surgery. Cardiologist..MRI, Etc. You know I can remember when your Doc's staff would set up appointments for you, especially the surgery schedule. Times do change. Don't worry about your soon to be missing gall bladder. I haven't had one since the mid 70's, and have never missed it! My first question to the surgeon was, how does this change my diet. He said people will tell you this and that about what you can or can't eat. Don't listen! You can eat anything that you want, the gall bladder was only a 'holding tank'...now your bile comes straight from your liver. Now, I know nothing from personal experience about having part of your liver removed, but I do seem to recall that the liver can regenerate...don't know how long that takes....bet your Doc has all these answers. :)
    Hello Valerie
    The MRI is when they detected a liver mass. Today is a CT scan and then it looks like Pre admission testing at one of their facilities too. I plan to call scheduling and see if I can get The surgery moved up also.

According to the Oncologist the Liver will regrow, It does seem to need to have enough left in the meantime however.
    Ed, did you get all your watering done yesterday? Its one of those silly chores that can take up a chunk of time, a little bit at a time. Oh, I just reached quarter of an inch in my gauge...would like a bit more but not til I check the longer range weather report. No sense watering if M Nature is going to do it for me...(she doesn't have to pay a sewer charge which is higher than the water charge either!!!)

Coffee cup is about empty, so I guess I need to move the sprinkler, and start a light load of clothes., and , and, and.....

Later...
    It sounds as if Your Sewer charge is based on the water usage ? Is it possible to sink a private well for watering or is that restricted ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's Fahrenheit Friday! Looking for a high of 93 from the current 70, and no chance of rain. I did my shopping yesterday, and the second (and last) load of laundry is in the dryer now. There is one more thing I might need to buy before Monday, and that's a foil pan for making baked beans for the pool party that afternoon. Assuming I even go, which is actually still up in the air.

I have a lot of branches to drag out of the front yard from some tree trimming I did Wednesday and Thursday. I may drag a few today but since I am doing laundry and dishes, I may not. I don't have to do them all at once, and with the current heat wave, expected to last well into next week at least, likely won't do them all in one day.

J is trying to cut some carbs so when I saw the ready made cauliflower crust pizzas, I thought it would be nice to give them a try. I have made my own cauliflower crust pizza before, but these were a lot easier. There are still carbs, as the crust, while made mostly from cauliflower and cheese, does have some flour. In the case of these frozen pizzas, rice flour and rice starch.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutcoSAy2ow

The culmination of the perfect pizza series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O72dypRrn98

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70D3CdOKx_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiEkBi_wDoY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNFZcZ82iGs

• RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's Fahrenheit Friday! Looking for a high of 93 from the current 70, and no chance of rain. I did my shopping yesterday, and the second (and last) load of laundry is in the dryer now. There is one more thing I might need to buy before Monday, and that's a foil pan for making baked beans for the pool party that afternoon. Assuming I even go, which is actually still up in the air.

I have a lot of branches to drag out of the front yard from some tree trimming I did Wednesday and Thursday. I may drag a few today but since I am doing laundry and dishes, I may not. I don't have to do them all at once, and with the current heat wave, expected to last well into next week at least, likely won't do them all in one day.

J is trying to cut some carbs so when I saw the ready made cauliflower crust pizzas, I thought it would be nice to give them a try. I have made my own cauliflower crust pizza before, but these were a lot easier. There are still carbs, as the crust, while made mostly from cauliflower and cheese, does have some flour. In the case of these frozen pizzas, rice flour and rice starch..
    Good Morning Ed
    As I see it Your weather is too hot, We are not even happy that the highs forecast for Sunday are what they are. It may be time to find out if the AC in the bedroom still works.

My Brother has plans to make Baked Beans with thick chunks of Pennsylvania Dutch Bacon, Macaroni Salad, & Potato Salad for Monday. Nothing fattening there :wink:
    No foil pan for him, he uses a Bean Pot from Lehmans.

I still need to look and see when the towns Parade is, I know it is happening again this year as they have propositioned barricades for the roads and hung flags from the light poles.

I wonder if they also make Cauliflower crusts only that You can top and bake ? My Pizza would be tomato sauce topped with plenty of Cheese, Sausage, Pepperoni, Meatballs and Bacon :smiley:

I wonder if the Rice Flour and Starch are why the looked so nice and were tasty.
    4 Levels of Omelets: Amateur to Food Scientist
    The Expert Omelet does not look like what I want as a Omelet TBH. I like a Cheese or Cheese and Bacon or Cheese & Ham in my Omelets. My Brothers Omelets look pretty good the way he makes them. And of course a Cast Iron Skillet :
    The culmination of the perfect pizza series?

Brad, Claire, Carla, Molly, Chris & Andy Cook the Perfect Pizza | Making Perfect: Episode 5
    As I said above my toppings for a pizza, I did not mention that a really thin crispy crust is also required :blush: I did try a slice recommended by a local Pizza location that was also really tasty. That was a slice topped with Meatball slices Cheese and Sauce with the addition of Ricotta Cheese, So Cheesy and Tasty. There are no pizza places anywhere near that have a oven like that :(
    NO DOUGH DUMPLINGS! Egg Wrapped Dumplings with Pork and Spinach filling
    They look good and I am sure a lot healthier when eaten without all the regular Dumpling dough.
    VEGAN Options You Never Knew Were at Target
    Vegan Hellman's Mayonnaise, AKA Best's brand depending on where in the country You are. I noticed that there are a lot of Vegan options in the Local ShopRite too.
    GIANT MRE Cake? | UGR Unitized Group Ration | Yellow Cake & Chocolate Icing + Carrot Cake
    Interesting and I see that this was done outside and Her Chickens running around :smiley:

As always thank You for the interesting Videos
    Roger

Good Morning Valerie
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's simmering Saturday! We're expecting a high of 94 with no chance of rain. I will need to water today or tomorrow. I might drag a few of the branches out of the front yard today. The longer I wait, the dryer (and lighter) they get! :)

I have seen frozen cauliflower crusts, that you top at home, amid the frozen foods at Kroger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WJg1s4HDWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HakYBd5FYcI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvWSeqXetO8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsSIhT66SZk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSuUnuohFwY

• RogerToo
    VoDgo6.jpg

0b6GgO.jpg

55KUjn.jpg
    Wrong

B2c90i.jpg

Mn221M.jpg
    Not the image She was hoping for

46jmlm.jpg

wAm8wu.jpg

TkeutE.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Currently It is 58 degrees outside. The Forecast is for highs in the 70s today and upper 80s for Sunday :(

No Surprise to me
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/america-largest-cities-shrinking-040101410.html
    America’s Largest Cities Are Shrinking

https://www.wcvb.com/article/man-says-someone-broke-into-his-home-cleaned-it/27574128#
    Man says someone broke into his home, cleaned it

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/780956/britain-nine-hour-week-work-greenhouse-gas-emissions-united-nations
    Brits could be forced to work 9-hour WEEK in bid to save planet
    BRITONS may be forced to work a nine-hour week in a last-ditch move to save the planet.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/05/21/1960s-rock-music-san-francisco-lsd-buchla-100-synthesizer-grateful-dead/
    Repair Of Iconic ’60s Era Synthesizer Turns Into Long, Strange Trip For Engineer

https://nypost.com/2019/05/22/smarter-people-listen-to-instrumental-music-study/
    Smarter people listen to instrumental music: study

Have a Good Saturday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Saturday Morning.
    Been up for several hours...it was 70 degrees when I enjoyed my morning swing time, part of that time with Tom E., but he jumped ship, and I got to have my coffee in peace and quiet! :) I"ve checked my email, and am watching a 5 part series on depression, anxiety, and Alzheimer... I'm not any of those things, but I find it interesting that a lot of what I'm hearing is also applicable to the inflammatory disease (like heart disease, diabetes, lupus, atherosclerosis, etc) and what crosses the blood brain barrier, and the 5 minerals that need to cross the barrier...our brains being nutrient hogs!! Funny how 5 lbs of fat can be so needy!
    Next stop is to jump into my gym clothes, and go. Need an avocado from Market, and hot dog buns and lottery tickets from Publix...I won nothing from the last tickets, so I will go $1 into the hole to buy a ticket for PowerBall and another for Mega Millions. LOL!

After all of that, and some lunch...I have no Idea..no leftovers in the refrig! (panic time?..nah) I'll just have to do a bit of cooking.

Then I hope to do some housework while the day is hot. Laundry is all caught up, so it will be cleaning stuff. My least fav. thing to do, but I can't get Tom E. to do it..so.........

Hope everybody has a good day, and I know all of us retiree's are looking forward to enjoying the 'long weekend'!! ha ha ha!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    O3pW1O.jpg

nvjYAJ.jpg

Bunuiq.jpg
    Oh Oh

ILoVUF.jpg

P1YYFX.jpg

1ATRzp.jpg

LZtrXu.jpg
    Yup, That'll work real well

fske6e.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Currently It is 61 degrees outside. The Forecast is 90 degrees today according to the 6AM local news channel :(
    I heard some rain move through overnight and Thunderstorms this afternoon.
    When I looked out the window a couple of minutes ago I saw a Fox in the neighbors front yard which then trotted up the street.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/unusual/woman-uses-cow-dung-to-cool-off-car
    Woman uses cow dung to cool off car

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/23/nearly-25-percent-of-americans-are-going-into-debt-trying-to-pay-for-necessities.html
    Nearly 25% of Americans are going into debt trying to pay for necessities like food

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/dog-shot-trying-to-protect-family-during-home-invasion-police-say/285-ee5ba32d-b5b6-4b06-8e16-4341204e58fb
    Dog shot trying to protect family during home invasion, police say
    The family were told to stay in their rooms, but the 17-year-old managed to get out through a bedroom window to run for help.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2019/05/24/heat-wave-more-like-death-ridge-weather-tennessee-georgia-memorial-day/1220545001/
    Record-breaking high temperatures expected as 'death ridge' hits Southeast

https://www.statnews.com/2019/05/24/hold-novartis-zolgensma-approval/
    At $2.1 million, newly approved Novartis gene therapy will be world’s most expensive drug

https://nypost.com/2019/05/22/why-you-should-never-use-phone-charging-stations-at-airports/
    Why you should never use phone charging stations at airports

Have a Good Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Saturday Morning.
    Been up for several hours...it was 70 degrees when I enjoyed my morning swing time, part of that time with Tom E., but he jumped ship, and I got to have my coffee in peace and quiet! :) I"ve checked my email, and am watching a 5 part series on depression, anxiety, and Alzheimer... I'm not any of those things, but I find it interesting that a lot of what I'm hearing is also applicable to the inflammatory disease (like heart disease, diabetes, lupus, atherosclerosis, etc) and what crosses the blood brain barrier, and the 5 minerals that need to cross the barrier...our brains being nutrient hogs!! Funny how 5 lbs of fat can be so needy!
    Next stop is to jump into my gym clothes, and go. Need an avocado from Market, and hot dog buns and lottery tickets from Publix...I won nothing from the last tickets, so I will go $1 into the hole to buy a ticket for PowerBall and another for Mega Millions. LOL!
    Hello Valerie
    I wish we had a Wrap around screened porch with a swing like my grandparents had. The porch we have is not that big being maybe twice as wide as the storm door and somewhat cluttered I'm sorry to say.

Here's a question that came to mind if I had dementia for example would I really know it, I suspect not ?

Heart Disease is an inflammatory disease ? To save me time searching for the 5 part series, what 5 minerals for the brain ?

Avocado from the Mexican or Publix ? Call me Lazy or cheap but I haven't bought hot dog or hamburger buns in years. One reason is too many buns and Bread works just a well IMO and that also allows me to use whatever type of bread I have on hand for different flavors and textures. Those would be White Bread, Italian Bread, Rye Bread and on occasion Black Bread or Pumpernickel bread.

$1 for both lottery tickets ? They cost $2 each around here and I have a stack of losers too.
    After all of that, and some lunch...I have no Idea..no leftovers in the refrig! (panic time?..nah) I'll just have to do a bit of cooking.

Then I hope to do some housework while the day is hot. Laundry is all caught up, so it will be cleaning stuff. My least fav. thing to do, but I can't get Tom E. to do it..so.........

Hope everybody has a good day, and I know all of us retiree's are looking forward to enjoying the 'long weekend'!! ha ha ha!

Later...
    Yesterday my brother started prepping for Memorial Day. $4 for Celery :(
    Diced Celery, Diced Onions, Shredded Carrot and diced Gherkins which he uses instead of Relish and Boiled Red Potatoes. Goal Potato Salad and Macaroni Salad. The Pinto Beans have been soaking overnight to become Baked Beans. Cupboard checked and Spirals Macaroni it is for the Macaroni Salad. The Local Produce store has not had Celery for a while and the $4 price was at a Grocery Store.

I have some 70% off Sesame Chicken, 70% Moo Goo Gai Pan, and Yesterday I had the 70% off Kobe Pastrami sandwich from the ShopRite the Chinese items will be today's meals today, Me and bargains :wink:

The Memorial Day foods that are in the prep stage are for Monday.

Housework, Yuck.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hello Ed
  • parityanimal
    Roger, you must have missed what I posted yesterday, between your posts.

Howdy all y'all. It's sizzling Sunday! I got quite a few of the branches dragged off yesterday, but there are still more to drag, and possibly another limb or branch or two I may yet take down. I need to get a baking pan for the beans, assuming I go to Monday's party. It's supposed to be hot as *KITTEN* and about 90 people have signed up to attend. Of course there are always some no-shows, and sometimes a few of the "maybe" people decide to come along, or someone brings a last minute guest. We encourage people to make up their minds, in advance, so the hosts can estimate how many burgers and supplies to purchase. I expect, after no-shows and last minute maybes becoming attendees, that there will probably be in the neighborhood of 80 people there.

With the heat and all, that may be way too peoply for me!

I have heard of these pine rosin cooked potatoes, and know that they were once rather popular, but have my doubts about how safe they really are to eat, even if you aren't actually eating the rosin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KFoB5OEtRA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Un0Dd0TIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV7hop4m0YQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJPgOJeZ04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ2QQZatDbw

• RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's simmering Saturday! We're expecting a high of 94 with no chance of rain. I will need to water today or tomorrow. I might drag a few of the branches out of the front yard today. The longer I wait, the dryer (and lighter) they get! :)

I have seen frozen cauliflower crusts, that you top at home, amid the frozen foods at Kroger.
    Good Morning Ed
    Was the recall of flour from Aldis on Your news ? It appears to only affect the North East so You should be safe.

As long as You do not need to cut them up shorter, The Dry ones are harder to cut IMO.

I wonder how those crusts are, No Krogers here.
    HIGH PROTEIN SALAD AND DRESSING
    All I want from my Salad is good taste and some fiber :smiley:
    HYPED VEGAN PRODUCTS...BUT ARE THEY ANY GOOD?? Taste Test
    Call me strange but the bigger the hype the more I shy away.
    Easy Vegan Taco Meat Recipe + What We Ate Today
    It resembles the meat product, Taste ? Much to involved for my lazy self.
    Low Carb CRACKER BATTLE - The BEST Keto Cracker Recipe!
    A Limp Cracker, I think of limp crackers as stale.
    50-Year-Old Ox Tongue
    I'll pass on 50 year old anything in a can.
    Roger, you must have missed what I posted yesterday, between your posts.

Howdy all y'all. It's sizzling Sunday! I got quite a few of the branches dragged off yesterday, but there are still more to drag, and possibly another limb or branch or two I may yet take down. I need to get a baking pan for the beans, assuming I go to Monday's party. It's supposed to be hot as *KITTEN* and about 90 people have signed up to attend. Of course there are always some no-shows, and sometimes a few of the "maybe" people decide to come along, or someone brings a last minute guest. We encourage people to make up their minds, in advance, so the hosts can estimate how many burgers and supplies to purchase. I expect, after no-shows and last minute maybes becoming attendees, that there will probably be in the neighborhood of 80 people there.

With the heat and all, that may be way too peoply for me!

I have heard of these pine rosin cooked potatoes, and know that they were once rather popular, but have my doubts about how safe they really are to eat, even if you aren't actually eating the rosin.
    I sure did miss the Saturday post. Not sure how.

I believe the Sizzling Sunday part from what the nations weather forecasts show.

Speaking of Baked Beans, I just swiped some of the broth the Pinto Beans were cooked in and some of the beans for a impromptu bean Soup.

Some of the people that said, I'll come may stick there head out the door and change their minds with the heat.
    How to Make PINE ROSIN POTATOES | Turpentine Potatoes - Best Spuds Ever?
    I think I'll pass on these. OTOH Emmy loved them.
    I Made Giant Chicken Nuggets And Fries For A Competitive Eater
    Seven pounds per nugget and Jumbo Fries, Wow. I think I would have preferred the Nuggets to be thinner.
    How to Make Butter – The Victorian Way
    Interesting to watch but not much use these days ?
    VEGAN WHAT I ATE IN A DAY (high protein +120g of protein!) / Intermittent Fasting
    despite what she says You don't need ketchup unless Your dishes are lacking taste.
    Can you Air Fry Soup?? - Will It Air Fry? - The Wolfe Pit
    Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup, Yummy.

Thanks for the Video links and commentary
    Roger