Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi. So glad you had a good vacation Jan! Roger-i understand how much humidity effects comfort. I spent four hours at the emergency vet—Oscar, my very favorite dog is extremely ill. He’s sick like Cooper (puppy) was last week. They wanted to spend $1,500 in diagnostics with zero treatment. I love him dearly but he’s 11 years and for his size, avg life is 10 years. I asked for just supportive treatment. I’ve spent the 3 hours since we got home, just loving him. He doesn’t appear in pain. He has no interest in food. Take care. Val

Hi Val
    I am sorry to hear about Oscar, That is why I could not handle having a pet these days, I would be devastated :(

Good Luck ?
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good Morning!

Val, I am so sorry that Oscar is not feeling well. It is rough when they get that way and do not want to eat. Sometimes I put some good lunchmeat like ham or salami in some water and simmer for about 10 minutes. Cool and feed just warm or really cool. That is what they do overseas sometimes. I had a dog that was kind of stoic, and tried some pedialyte also. I let her get a little too dehydrated, if I was to do it again. Watch Oscar's tongue. Maybe it is something he might rally. It is hard when they get old. Thinking of you!!

Roger, sorry you slept so poorly, hope you get caught up and are not coming down with something. The weather seems crazy everywhere. I had a lot of rain,but no damage. I went to get the dogs and could barely get them in I was so sore and exhausted. Luckily, I plan on doing little till Sunday.

My hours are a little messed up, and I can not believe the heat and humidity. It was great weather in Paris, cooler and fall like, in the 60's and 70. with the lows near 50. I could not believe Paris is so humid. I guess like here. It is often in the 70% range with little air or fans. Fixed by cracking a window and perfect cool pretty fast. You just have to be sure the birds do not get in- no screens there, lol!! Some of the biggest raven ever!

I hope things are better for all!! Val, kiss and snuggle Oscar for me please. I will be hoping things get better!! <3
    ... Jan
  • RogerToo
    And yet more humor posted this morning

Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning + 1 cent, The temperature this morning was 55 degrees on the porch and 58 degrees on the cable channel.

I will be heading back out later to go to the bank for $ and then on to CostCo as I am out of Kleenex, Frozen veges, Fruit and I am getting low on Protein Shakes and want to pick up one of their roast chickens as Protein for today and tomorrow :)

Links:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-met-cook-county-pop-tax-preckwinkle-1012-story.html
    With pop tax repealed, Preckwinkle says up to commissioners to fix budget
    Hal Dardick Contact
    Family calls rifle, pressure cooker a misunderstanding in arrest near O'Hare
    By Tony Briscoe, Chicago Tribune, October 12, 2017

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/10/10/freshman-quarterback-is-dismissed-from-team-after-kneeling-during-anthem/
    Freshman Quarterback Dismissed From Team After Kneeling During Anthem
    October 10, 2017 7:49 PM
    Filed Under: Albright College, Reading Pa.

Weird one to me
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/unsent-text-message-passes-australia-050804384.html
    Unsent text message passes for will in Australia
    AFPOctober 11, 2017

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I need to get out the door so I'll be back later, Hopefully

BTW I did get drizzled on while walking so I'm calling it 100% chance of rain

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good Morning!

Val, I am so sorry that Oscar is not feeling well. It is rough when they get that way and do not want to eat. Sometimes I put some good lunchmeat like ham or salami in some water and simmer for about 10 minutes. Cool and feed just warm or really cool. That is what they do overseas sometimes. I had a dog that was kind of stoic, and tried some pedialyte also. I let her get a little too dehydrated, if I was to do it again. Watch Oscar's tongue. Maybe it is something he might rally. It is hard when they get old. Thinking of you!!

Roger, sorry you slept so poorly, hope you get caught up and are not coming down with something. The weather seems crazy everywhere. I had a lot of rain,but no damage. I went to get the dogs and could barely get them in I was so sore and exhausted. Luckily, I plan on doing little till Sunday.

My hours are a little messed up, and I can not believe the heat and humidity. It was great weather in Paris, cooler and fall like, in the 60's and 70. with the lows near 50. I could not believe Paris is so humid. I guess like here. It is often in the 70% range with little air or fans. Fixed by cracking a window and perfect cool pretty fast. You just have to be sure the birds do not get in- no screens there, lol!! Some of the biggest raven ever!

I hope things are better for all!! Val, kiss and snuggle Oscar for me please. I will be hoping things get better!! <3
    ... Jan

Hi Jan
    I did sleep better last night and My walking reflects that today.
    I am back from CostCo now and $118 lighter in the Billfold :)

There was a clip on the news yesterday with a picture and video of a Racoon test climbed into a Kids 8th floor bedroom in New York City. It is sort of hard to imagine the NYC has those as well a Coyotes roaming around, however they do, I've seen videos of Packs of Coyotes in the city previously.

I can believe that You might be suffering from a form of Jet Lag :)

The no screens thing is weird, do they not have bugs they want to keep out ?

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Val
    Good Luck with Your Dog
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

May May woke me at 8:15 this morning, she got pet twice, and I rolled over back to sleep. Did not get up until 11:45 and could go back to sleep!! I also feel like I was hit by a mac truck. lol. Apparently the puppies feel like that too. We are just tired and chilling. I actually lost 4 lbs in Paris. All the steps, far too many. We saw a good bit of the louvre and its 9,ooo steps. I am still feeling that. They have a few people directing you, but not many. No water till you hit the cafe. We had lots of water and a yummy dessert there. Cheesecake and a to die for lemon creme on top of a cookie -cheesecake type crust. Ate with the birds on the roof top cafe. At night we took a glass covered boat down the Seine. Beautiful lights and buildings, topped with seeing the Eiffel tower not only lite, but twinkling in a million sparkling lights. Awesome. We had wine, champagne and dinner, including some caviar mousse, cheeses, breads, salad, meats and veggies, and tortes and a raspberry mousse for dessert. dinner cruise! We took a bike taxi thru Paris back to the hotel. Awesome again..

We shopped the next day, after having a really good breakfast of fruits, juices, breads, yogurt, eggs and sliced meats. Coffee of course. We then went back to the Eiffel tower, but Jenny chickened out on riding to the top. We just sat in the park near the bottom, and people watched, river watched, and then grabbed hot dogs and coffee from a vendor. Yummy again. We also hit Angelina's cafe for their world famous hot chocolate. Like a melted velvet candy bar in a cup, of course with spoonfuls of cream to add to the top. I had Quiche Lorraine and salad and Jenny had a chicken pot pie but in filo pastry that they add cream over the top when serving. More desserts!

The airplane ride was good going for me. I did not sleep though. Small seats. (Delta). the food was good, especially the cheese and fruit course. Okay 7 hours. Customs and security are actually Dante's 8th level of hell. He would have wrote it, but is still at airport. It took 4 hours standing to clear, and another almost 2 hours to find our luggage. And an hour to connect with our shuttle. Coming back, the flight was 9 hours, and delayed 1 hour after we got on the plane. The seats were tiny and hard, like sitting on a piece of wood. I lucked out the seat next to me was empty so I could move some, Kind of tortuous, but good food. ( Air France) Not enough water!!

So glad to be home. We stopped for dinner at a Red Lobster in Ga. and headed home. I will be unpacking forever...
    And using Aspirin or tylenol..... although I could live in Paris, lol!!!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Jan - your trip sounds lovely!!! Roger had a good question about the lack of screens...are bugs an issue? Great news on Oscar...he’s pulled through...80% better! Unfortunately I feel like dying...Bronchitis.
  • RogerToo
    More Humor once again

Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning, The temperature this morning was 51 degrees on the porch and 50 degrees on the cable channel. I did wear a sweatshirt and heavier gloves due to the cooler weather.

I did make it to CostCo yesterday for Kleenex, Frozen veges, Fruit and a Chocolate Protein Shakewhich was the only flavor in stock :( I also picked up one of their roast chickens as Protein.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

May May woke me at 8:15 this morning, she got pet twice, and I rolled over back to sleep. Did not get up until 11:45 and could go back to sleep!! I also feel like I was hit by a mac truck. lol. Apparently the puppies feel like that too. We are just tired and chilling. I actually lost 4 lbs in Paris. All the steps, far too many. We saw a good bit of the louvre and its 9,ooo steps. I am still feeling that. They have a few people directing you, but not many. No water till you hit the cafe. We had lots of water and a yummy dessert there. Cheesecake and a to die for lemon creme on top of a cookie -cheesecake type crust. Ate with the birds on the roof top cafe. At night we took a glass covered boat down the Seine. Beautiful lights and buildings, topped with seeing the Eiffel tower not only lite, but twinkling in a million sparkling lights. Awesome. We had wine, champagne and dinner, including some caviar mousse, cheeses, breads, salad, meats and veggies, and tortes and a raspberry mousse for dessert. dinner cruise! We took a bike taxi thru Paris back to the hotel. Awesome again..

We shopped the next day, after having a really good breakfast of fruits, juices, breads, yogurt, eggs and sliced meats. Coffee of course. We then went back to the Eiffel tower, but Jenny chickened out on riding to the top. We just sat in the park near the bottom, and people watched, river watched, and then grabbed hot dogs and coffee from a vendor. Yummy again. We also hit Angelina's cafe for their world famous hot chocolate. Like a melted velvet candy bar in a cup, of course with spoonfuls of cream to add to the top. I had Quiche Lorraine and salad and Jenny had a chicken pot pie but in filo pastry that they add cream over the top when serving. More desserts!
    Hi Jan
    Wow, A Great vacation when You enjoy yourself and loose weight.
    Congratulations.

I tried a fresh Chicken Pot Pie, Just heat and eat from the grocery store a while ago and the kindest thing I can say about it was that I was able to eat it, The NS non refrigerated Chicken pot pie is tastier and more diet friendly too.
    You did not get everything out of a vacation if You come home full of get up and go IMO :)
    The airplane ride was good going for me. I did not sleep though. Small seats. (Delta). the food was good, especially the cheese and fruit course. Okay 7 hours. Customs and security are actually Dante's 8th level of hell. He would have wrote it, but is still at airport. It took 4 hours standing to clear, and another almost 2 hours to find our luggage. And an hour to connect with our shuttle. Coming back, the flight was 9 hours, and delayed 1 hour after we got on the plane. The seats were tiny and hard, like sitting on a piece of wood. I lucked out the seat next to me was empty so I could move some, Kind of tortuous, but good food. ( Air France) Not enough water!!

So glad to be home. We stopped for dinner at a Red Lobster in Ga. and headed home. I will be unpacking forever...
    And using Aspirin or Tylenol..... although I could live in Paris, lol!!!
    The small seats and leg room which I have seen on news broadcasts are one of the reasons I do not plan to fly again, Add in a narrowed aisle compared to what I remember from my last flights coast to coast. If I had to fly again I would want a seat up by the bulkhead so there is no way a person in front of me could recline and further reduce my comfort. I will say that if I have to fly for some reason in the future I will have to not fly or be able to find the funds for first class.

4 hours to clear Customs is obscene, and that is the nicest thing I can say about it.

You did get lucky with the empty seat and I will say I am not completely surprised that Air France had good food.
    Even when I was flying for vacations and other things I could see a decline in service and food quality.

I hope You enjoyed the food at Red Lobster. It is not somewhere I would go to eat as all of their TV Advertisements are aimed at people that eat seafood.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Jan - your trip sounds lovely!!! Roger had a good question about the lack of screens...are bugs an issue? Great news on Oscar...he’s pulled through...80% better! Unfortunately I feel like dying...Bronchitis.

Hi Val
    I am considering going to the Acme grocery store as I just noticed in their flyer that they have Frozen Turkey Breast for under a Dollar a pound and I can put it in the freezer to be cooked later of defrost and cook, portion out and freeze. Does that make me sound cheap or frugal :)

Good news about Oscar, Bad news about the Bronchitis.

I hope You are feeling better quickly.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

Val, I am so sorry you have bronchitis, but am happy Oscar is better! :) Hopefully you will be following feeling better soon!!

I did forget about the screens. I know Europe must have bugs, but the winters must kill them off. There are few bugs in my memory, and none at the room in France. I think I saw 1 mosquito at the Eiffel tower come dusk. He looked French! I guess they don't. German windows not only open from the side, they open from the top a few inches towards the inside, depending how you do the handle. The french ones at the hotel just opened from the side. I have never seen screens, lol. In Germany one time, I cleaned the top floor of housing for our girl scout room. Left the little attic windows open to air. When I came back, it was full of pigeons, like 50 or so, lol. I am afraid of birds fluttering, so my ex did get them out and clean-up after for me... I am careful to not let the birds in, lol!!! :#

I looked up first class tickets one time. You could almost buy a house for 1 ticket. I think it was a domestic flight, too. No way would you pay that... :s

The birds are singing like crazy today outside! So funny!! We are still too warm but next week we are supposed to have 40's for lows. I can't wait. The coolness in Europe made me want fall pretty soon!! Leaves are not changing yet, too warm. And boy is it humid!!

Great job walking, Roger!! Keep it up!! Still tired, but better. Puppies are laid out too, though May May was energetic this morning. Not me or Chester!! Take care all!!
  • hope4change_val
    That tightness in my chest got much worse this morning...dropped em at school then went to doctors office...they did EKG (fine) and asthma breathing treatment with no effect. Sent me to ER. Four hours... nothing found. Having considerable chest pain since discharge. mt3vmq5b2qwb.jpeg
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2017
    More humor posted

Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning + 2 cents. The temperature this morning was 61 degrees on the porch and 62 degrees on the cable channel. I wore a Lighter Long Sleeve shirt and light gloves due to the warmer weather.
    While walking I saw two deer on the lawn across from me, I did not see them until they moved, in the dim light they blended in. It appeared to be a Mother and this years fawn by the size.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-12/investors-head-to-houston-to-buy-from-panicked-homeowners
    Distressed Investors Are Already Buying Houston Homes for 40 Cents on the Dollar
    By Prashant Gopal, October 12, 2017, 5:00 AM EDT
    Disgusting, the article above and the below article.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/12/health/nuedexta-nursing-homes-invs/index.html
    The little red pill being pushed on the elderly
    By Blake Ellis and Melanie Hicken; Data analysis by Sergio Hernandez, CNN Investigates, Updated 5:51 PM ET, Thu October 12, 2017

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/708350-hiring/
    Hiring
    Started by HugeDinghy, Yesterday at 01:01 PM

Posted Thursday at 01:01 PM
    Was at a chamber meeting last night and the main topic of conversation was the lack of applicants for open jobs.

Not talking skills gap etc, talking literally about the number of applicants. Not even getting the ones where you ask yourself why they even applied.

We've had a position posted for over a week and we've gotten three applicants. That would have been within the first hour last year.

You seeing similar?

Later Today
    http://heritagetrail.org/events.htm
    FREE--October 14 from 10-5pm and October 15th from Noon to 4pm--FREE

Somerset County's Weekend Journey Through the Past is right around the corner! ?This free weekend will once again see the Historic Van Horne House transformed into an event that happened in or around the house during the Revolutionary War.

Visit the Van Horne House in British Occupied New Jersey!
    It’s late Autumn 1776, General Washington has been driven from New York City and across New Jersey.
    The British, under General Cornwallis, have Occupied New Brunswick, N.J. just 7 miles south and the main British force occupies farms to the north along the Raritan River. Join British soldiers as they enjoy the famous Van Horne Hospitality and a respite from the fighting. But all may not be as loyalist as it seems.
    Will you sign a loyalty oath and sing God save the King or seek out the rebels in hiding and plot to raise a liberty pole in defiance of King George? Pick a side; Its Loyalist vs. Patriot for weekend Journey 2017 at the Van Horne House!
    ~~~Guided 1 hour tours~~~bring your family and friends~~new groups start every 15 minutes!

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

Val, I am so sorry you have bronchitis, but am happy Oscar is better! :) Hopefully you will be following feeling better soon!!

I did forget about the screens. I know Europe must have bugs, but the winters must kill them off. There are few bugs in my memory, and none at the room in France. I think I saw 1 mosquito at the Eiffel tower come dusk. He looked French! I guess they don't. German windows not only open from the side, they open from the top a few inches towards the inside, depending how you do the handle. The french ones at the hotel just opened from the side. I have never seen screens, lol. In Germany one time, I cleaned the top floor of housing for our girl scout room. Left the little attic windows open to air. When I came back, it was full of pigeons, like 50 or so, lol. I am afraid of birds fluttering, so my ex did get them out and clean-up after for me... I am careful to not let the birds in, lol!!! :#
    Hi Jan
    Interesting how the European Windows differ from the norm here.

I have never had a Bird in the house, When I was a Youngster we did have a bat get in the bedroom, We never did figure out how either.
    I looked up first class tickets one time. You could almost buy a house for 1 ticket. I think it was a domestic flight, too. No way would you pay that... :s

The birds are singing like crazy today outside! So funny!! We are still too warm but next week we are supposed to have 40's for lows. I can't wait. The coolness in Europe made me want fall pretty soon!! Leaves are not changing yet, too warm. And boy is it humid!!

Great job walking, Roger!! Keep it up!! Still tired, but better. Puppies are laid out too, though May May was energetic this morning. Not me or Chester!! Take care all!!

We are finally seeing the leaves start to turn and some are also falling while still green or not in full color, Oh well.

I'm sure You will feel more energetic in a day or two :)

I also noticed this
    Buttons61 15 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 10/13/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Congratulations
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    That tightness in my chest got much worse this morning...dropped em at school then went to doctors office...they did EKG (fine) and asthma breathing treatment with no effect. Sent me to ER. Four hours... nothing found. Having considerable chest pain since discharge. mt3vmq5b2qwb.jpeg
    Hi Val
    Ouch!
    I guess the sort of good news is that they found no major problem ?

Four hours, I'm not sure what to say except that I hope You feel better quickly.

Good Luck with work
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Yesterday the pressure/pain was intermittent. I called the ER with questions and, of course, no information unless I pay them another $200 copay plus all the tests. When it doesn’t hurt, of couse i can wait till Monday...and when it does hurt—then it’s a decision between discomfort vs trust that they have a clue vs cost. Not amused. On a happy note...Cooper puppy got adopted by an awesome family!!! Happy for them and him...and me (loce him dearly but puppies don’t always rest when I need them to). I have so much work and housework to do, and can’t (frustrating).
  • RogerToo
    I posted some humorous images to complement the joke below :)

Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 65 degrees on the porch and 66 degrees on the cable channel.

A Joke
    As most Silver Surfers know – and the rest will soon discover – sometimes we have trouble with our computers.

I had a problem yesterday, so I called Danny, the 12 year old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control and asked him to come over. Danny clicked a couple of keys and solved the problem.

As he was walking away, I called after him, ‘So, what was wrong?’

He replied, ‘It was just a simple ‘ID ten T’.’

I didn’t want to appear stupid, but nonetheless enquired.

‘An “ID ten T”??? What’s that? In case I ever need to fix it again.’

Danny grinned wide…. ‘Haven’t you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?’

‘No,’ I replied.

‘Write it down,’ he said, ‘and I think you’ll figure it out.’

So I wrote down:

ID10T

I used to like Danny, the little *kitten*.

b]Older links that are interesting to me[/b]
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-19/social-security-will-be-paying-out-more-it-receives-just-five-years
    Social Security Will Be Paying Out More Than It Receives In Just Five Years
    by Tyler Durden, Jul 19, 2017 3:45 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2017/07/18/greater-washington-has-half-of-the-nations-richest.html
    Greater Washington has half of the nation’s richest counties
    By Sara Gilgore, Digital Producer, Washington Business Journal
    Jul 18, 2017, 12:55pm EDT, Updated Jul 18, 2017, 2:19pm EDT

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/708266-ford-50-air-filter-performance-question/
    [bFord 5.0 Air Filter (Performance) Question[/b]
    Started by Mummichog, Wednesday at 03:37 PM
    My 2011 Ford F-150 (Coyote 5.0) V8 was running erratically. When giving it half throttle, the power would surge and bog, along with the sound changing. Since I just changed the plugs and wires, I figured it was the air filter. I took it out and drove it the 3 or 4 miles to the auto-zone. Still seemed to bog and surge, same performance. But, when I put the new filter in, it ran smooth as silk. If it was a dirty air filter, wouldn't no filter make it smoother too?
    Who Knew that the Air FIter could cause that problem?

http://www.ajc.com/news/inch-fish-leaps-into-man-mouth-causing-cardiac-arrest/7NhgT8APqyWlhCMfsX3MTO/
    6-inch fish leaps into man’s mouth, causing cardiac arrest
    Alex Winter Daily Echo (Bournemouth, U.K.), 11:45 a.m. Friday, Oct. 13, 2017 Atlanta News

https://www.thewrap.com/kill-mockingbird-removed-biloxi-mississippi-school-district-curriculum/
    https://www.thewrap.com/kill-mockingbird-removed-biloxi-mississippi-school-district-curriculum/
    Reid Nakamura | October 14, 2017 @ 11:11 AM

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Yesterday the pressure/pain was intermittent. I called the ER with questions and, of course, no information unless I pay them another $200 copay plus all the tests. When it doesn’t hurt, of course i can wait till Monday...and when it does hurt—then it’s a decision between discomfort vs trust that they have a clue vs cost. Not amused. On a happy note...Cooper puppy got adopted by an awesome family!!! Happy for them and him...and me (love him dearly but puppies don’t always rest when I need them to). I have so much work and housework to do, and can’t (frustrating).

Hi Val
    That is a really high, IMO, Copay :(
    I'm not sure I would trust them to have an answer when They already had a shot at You.

Can You go to a doctor with Your coverage and a lower Copay ? Around here we have places with doctors available 7 days a week. Urgent care types, here is an example.
    https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjxj7C93fLWAhUBRIYKHaPtA8QYABAHGgJ2dQ&sig=AOD64_2jmELolEshTkWMF2P5bZyGhj5zCg&ved=0ahUKEwjDoqq93fLWAhVB2yYKHa7IDJAQ0QwIHQ&adurl=
    or
    https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjxj7C93fLWAhUBRIYKHaPtA8QYABAJGgJ2dQ&sig=AOD64_168s-yPBffqcyntZc8gckiviIXmw&ved=0ahUKEwjDoqq93fLWAhVB2yYKHa7IDJAQ0QwIJw&adurl=
    That is the type of place I went when I was Ill last time. Fairly quick and I left with the needed prescription. It cost me 0$ between the Medicare and Supplemental insurance. Not a true 0$ as I am dinged monthly for the Medicare and quarterly for the Supplemental insurance.

It is still a gray looking day outside. Today is also the second morning in a row that I was out walking where I was experiencing a lit misty drizzle during the walk.

The forecast high for today is 79, 80 or 81 degrees depending on which TV stations weather forecast You believe :)
    Tomorrow is forecast to be much cooler with a high possibility of rain.

I need to do some shifting of things in the basement today to provide access to some of the drain pipes. All our efforts having failed the Plumber is coming tomorrow to clean the drain that handles the Bathtub and Kitchen Sink only. Everything else being OK. There goes some $$$ flying away unfortunately.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2017
    More Humor is now posted, Enjoy :)

Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 63 degrees on the porch and 62 degrees on the cable channel.
    We must have had some rain overnight, the streets were wet and I got hit by a few stray drops. By the time I returned home the streets are now dry :)

The Plumber is scheduled for 10AM to Noon today to clear the clogged Kitchen / Bathtub drain. All the other drains are OK. As I remember it they both feed a 1.5" to 2" pipe by the back wall of the basement before running to the main drain. Wish Us luck with the cost, I have visions of $$$ flying away :)

http://www.ajc.com/news/percent-teens-think-smoking-weed-and-driving-legal-some-think-isn-dangerous/Na5H9kNdPCGiHYPG2cotMO/
    33 percent of teens think smoking weed and driving is legal. Some think it isn’t dangerous
    Ashley May USA TODAY, 3:02 p.m Thursday, Oct. 12, 2017 Filed in the Atlanta News

https://www.yahoo.com/news/one-worlds-most-remote-islands-gets-commercial-flights-072314598.html
    One of world's most remote islands gets commercial flights
    CHRISTOPHER TORCHIA, Associated PressOctober 14, 2017

http://heritagetrail.org/events.htm
    Paranormal Night at the Van Horne
    Sunday, October 22nd at 7pm 20.00/person

Is the Van Horne House Haunted?
    Join the Heritage Trail and the New Jersey Paranormal Investigators "NJPI" for a night of revealing what NJPI has discovered from two investigations at the Van Horne House. There are a couple of stories of incidents in the house, but will the spirits cooperate with the investigators and reveal themselves? After hearing the results, if anything conclusive, we will break into groups and do our own hunting with their equipment. If you have your own equipment and want to use it, bring it along. Space is limited to 60 people

I'm tempted, OTOH $20, Am I that tempted ?

Have a Great Monday
    Roger