Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

Sorry to hear you are still under the weather. Not much worse than trying to get a summer cold! I hope you will feel better soon!

I think I was trying to say fish shack, lol! I have no recollection writing what I did. That is kind of scary! I hate it when my mind does things I am not aware of! :# However the food was excellent. They have the best hush puppies ever. You get served that, coleslaw and beans as a starting munch, served family style. There is plenty to last thru dinner. They had this relish that was some kind of pepper jelly that was to die for. It was so good I put it on the beans and most of the fish. We had a good time.

Did some cleaning and i am tired tonite, and ready for sleep. That is pretty scary since it is only 11;30 and I am up for usually another 2 hours.

Boy, that bag handler--I bet he had so many people mad at him!! What was he thinking???

I sure hope you feel better quickly and it doesn't drag on! You need plenty of orange juice and that NS chicken soup you were talking about!! Don't overdue!!! Hang in there! ..Jan B)
    Hi Jan
    If I said I had a miserable night what with being up every hour... I may take my brothers advice and try and nap shortly, Wish me Luck.

We all make funny mistakes like that. It could have been worse :)

I have been to Pennsylvania Dutch Family Style Dinners where they seat people around a table and when they have enough customers at the table they start serving... It was pretty good, Tasty enough that I went there more than once.

I have a suspicion that the baggage handler was a disgruntled employee.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited September 2017
    Good morning!

I am sorry to hear you had such a rough sleeping night. It makes you feel pretty crummy throughout the day. The worst part is you cannot catch up until your body just lets you. I always shook my head when someone said to me, "well, go lay down and go to sleep." I am tired today and have so much to do. I guess I may need a little caffeine type coffee. :) I woke up several times with my shoulder really bothering me. It seems to catch a nerve every now and then. I think I would rather put up with that, instead of your cold! They seem to get me more achy the older I get...

Your news articles were interesting. Especially the water one. I never thought about some of those issues. Those profits are thru the roof, considering how bad shape Michigan is in. That is kind of sad..
    The man killed was rather creepy and awful. I can not imagine hitting him, and then realizing what was happening. Good grief. I am assuming they had no warning as they were not charged. Talk about a bad day for all involved...
    I wonder if the bank drivers were fired. By the way, I only saw about 2 of those hard to find animals! :D

I need to finish my boxes for Honduras today, get some dog food, and finish cleaning. I am also going to a friends for early dinner. She cooks very healthy and all organic. So no worries there. I wish I was more consistent.
    I hope you feel better and catch up on sleep. Sounds like a day to pamper yourself somewhat!! Take care! Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2017
    More humor and a link posted

Hi
    I did not do some walking this Morning and thus found + 0 Cents. The temperature this morning was 69 on the news channel and 65 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer, Daytime high temperatures are forecast to be well over the norm for the next day or two, The Forecast high for today is 90 to 91 or higher for in the hot parts of NJ :(

I was so far under the weather yesterday I spent most of it in bed trying to sleep :(
    For dinner I gave in and ordered Chinese Take Out with enough for today too. I saw a new to me item on the menu from the last time and ordered it, It was tasty too, I had a Cheese Steak Egg Roll. For Dinner I had some of the pint size Chicken Broccoli and no rice and today I'll finish that for lunch and for dinner I'll have the Pint size Chicken with String Beans and skip the rice. I'll let my brother pack the rice and vacuum seal it and he can use it down the road in Spanish Rice, Rice Pudding or Stuffed Peppers.

Interesting Links, I found it interesting :)
    Pro Football seems to be having problems in some areas.
    http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/49ers-Rams-tickets-cheapest-levis-stadium-history-12215863.php
    49ers-Rams tickets reselling for the price of two stadium pretzels
    By Bill Disbrow Updated 7:59 am, Thursday, September 21, 2017

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/22/its-shocking-how-empty-the-stadium-was-for-thursday-night-football/
    It’s Shocking How Empty The Stadium Was For Thursday Night Football
    David Hookstead, 8:14 AM 09/22/2017Updated 1:24 p.m Friday, Sept. 22, 2017

The country has gone insane.
    http://wjla.com/news/local/3-teens-arrested-after-armed-threat-to-kill-mcdonalds-employees-when-food-was-not-ready
    3 teens arrested after armed threat to kill McDonalds employees when food was not ready
    CHANTILLY, Va. (ABC7)

There is a lot of this sort of things happens in NY and NJ from what I see on the new
    http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/cops-georgia-contractor-stole-thousands-failed-complete-house-work/mrHaouBMOMB8dGp9NwTgsO/
    Cops: Georgia contractor stole thousands, failed to complete house work
    Raisa Habersham The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 3:44 p.m Friday, Sept. 22, 2017

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

I am sorry to hear you had such a rough sleeping night. It makes you feel pretty crummy throughout the day. The worst part is you cannot catch up until your body just lets you. I always shook my head when someone said to me, "well, go lay down and go to sleep." I am tired today and have so much to do. I guess I may need a little caffeine type coffee. :) I woke up several times with my shoulder really bothering me. It seems to catch a nerve every now and then. I think I would rather put up with that, instead of your cold! They seem to get me more achy the older I get...

Your news articles were interesting. Especially the water one. I never thought about some of those issues. Those profits are thru the roof, considering how bad shape Michigan is in. That is kind of sad..
    The man killed was rather creepy and awful. I can not imagine hitting him, and then realizing what was happening. Good grief. I am assuming they had no warning as they were not charged. Talk about a bad day for all involved...
    I wonder if the bank drivers were fired. By the way, I only saw about 2 of those hard to find animals! :D

I need to finish my boxes for Honduras today, get some dog food, and finish cleaning. I am also going to a friends for early dinner. She cooks very healthy and all organic. So no worries there. I wish I was more consistent.
    I hope you feel better and catch up on sleep. Sounds like a day to pamper yourself somewhat!! Take care! Jan B)
    Hi Jan
    I as backing up some files to a disk yesterday morning and suddenly I felt so weak, I turned off the display and laid down for hours. When I got up finally it was lunch time. Oh well, That makes twice this year I have been sick, And it has been so many years in the past the last time I was sick I can not even remember when.

I hope it is not the start of a trend, I am actually considering getting the Flu shot this year due to these illnesses.

I never though about the water that way either, They must be making a mint full of money that way.

How saddening must it be to know that even though it no fault of Yours someone is dead :(

I Think fired/not fired would depend on if the policy is that they can do that.

You saw twice as many of those critters as I saw :)

Is having Chinese yesterday and warmed up today pampering myself?

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning !

I had Chinese Friday, and warmed up leftovers Sat. I felt pampered!! :# I think if you are sick, it is a necessity! You should have got some chicken noodle soup from there! I bet it is healthy!!

I am so sorry you are sick. That is when I feel old. Colds just hit harder. :'(

My day was so busy and not routine I actually went to small group at the wrong time. I went at Weds. schedule instead of Sunday. Missed the discussions and arrived in time for food. I was so embarrassed. But picked up someone for church and not too near me. Stayed with the lady thru the 101 luncheon for newcomers. Dropped her home after a stop at the store. Spent 2 hours talking to everyone who got the Florida route all the way from Sebring to Evergreen, Al. fixed. Nine hours with 7 people working teams. I have then the last hour and 1/2. It may be dark though, so I may stay overnite and have to board my two to do it. Just depends and close to call. I am so excited the dog rescue worked, but too much stress in one day in a stressful week. It rains, it pours! :)

My brain is fried! reading your news, and heading for bed! Feel better!!! ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    More Humor

Please excuse the long winded post below :)

Hi
    I did do some walking this Morning easing back into it and thus I found 4 Cents. The temperature this morning was 72 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer, Daytime high temperatures are forecast to be well over the norm for the next day or two, The Forecast high for today in the upper 80s, Sundays highs were 90 to 91 in the hot parts of NJ :(

Interesting Links, I found them interesting anyway :)
    https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/09/22/Worlds-oldest-cat-Nutmeg-dies-at-32/3681506109735/?utm_source=fp&utm_campaign=ts&utm_medium=11
    World's oldest cat, Nutmeg, dies at 32
    By Daniel Uria | Sept. 22, 2017 at 4:12 PM

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-odd-sock/sock-horror-terrifying-lizard-turns-out-to-be-dirty-clothing-idUSKCN1BP1UR
    Sock horror! Terrifying lizard turns out to be dirty clothing
    September 14, 2017 / 1:27 PM / 10 days ago

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sleep-deprivation-epidemic-health-effects-tired-heart-disease-stroke-dementia-cancer-a7964156.html
    ‘Catastrophic’ lack of sleep in modern society is killing us, warns leading sleep scientist
    Ian Johnston Science Correspondent, Monday 25 September 2017 07:43 BST

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-lake-michigan-shipwrecks-20170924-story.html
    'The stuff the movie-makers dream of.' In Lake Michigan, a graveyard of long-lost ships captivates historians
    By Tony Briscoe, Sept. 24, 2017 Reporting from Sheboygan Wisconsin

This was on yesterdays news.
    https://www.wimyogurt.com/appliance
    Appliance + Free 5-pack
    Limited supply • Ships UPS Ground within 24 hours, We will only charge your credit card when your order ships, $299

We offer a One-Year Warranty and a 30-day no questions asked return policy.

The Wim appliance lets you make a delicious bowl of frozen yogurt with the press of one button.

Features Include:
    Quiet, intelligent freezing technology
    No refrigerant or pre-cooling required
    Works with single-serve Wim-Bowls
    No cleaning required
    Satin Stainless Steel finish
    UL certified

They showed it being made with Dairy free Milk substitutes. I wonder if it will make it around for the long term, $300 for the gizmo and I recall the price for one of the freeze dried bowls of ingredients at $3 :)
    https://www.wimyogurt.com/whereitsmade

https://www.wimyogurt.com/shop
    Pick a bundle size
    5 $3.00 ea
    10 $3.00 ea
    20 $3.00 ea Free Shipping
    Pick any 10 flavors

I wondered if it could also make home made Ice Cream or Ice Milk if You reused the Bowls as the Bowls have the paddle as a integral part of them.

Around here they run a feature on the News12 Cable channel in the mornings that feature three things to know :)
    One of today's was a Business whose owner wants to paint her building pink and is fighting the town to do so. She loves pink and her car was also pink and had eyelashes over the headlight :)
    This was another one
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4528381/halloween-decoration-police-warning-911-decapitated-man-garage-door/
    BLOODY NUISANCEHomeowner’s gory Halloween decoration of man decapitated by garage door sparks police warning

The display was dubbed so authentic stunned locals began inundating the local police station with calls of a man being crushed by his garage door
    By Olivia Loveridge-Greene, 23rd September 2017, 12:41 am, Updated: 23rd September 2017, 12:48 am

I started the laundry on my return from walking and it is currently in the drier. I was into my last chance reserves as I came down ill before I got to do it last week.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning !

I had Chinese Friday, and warmed up leftovers Sat. I felt pampered!! :# I think if you are sick, it is a necessity! You should have got some chicken noodle soup from there! I bet it is healthy!!

I am so sorry you are sick. That is when I feel old. Colds just hit harder. :'(

My day was so busy and not routine I actually went to small group at the wrong time. I went at Weds. schedule instead of Sunday. Missed the discussions and arrived in time for food. I was so embarrassed. But picked up someone for church and not too near me. Stayed with the lady thru the 101 luncheon for newcomers. Dropped her home after a stop at the store. Spent 2 hours talking to everyone who got the Florida route all the way from Sebring to Evergreen, Al. fixed. Nine hours with 7 people working teams. I have then the last hour and 1/2. It may be dark though, so I may stay overnite and have to board my two to do it. Just depends and close to call. I am so excited the dog rescue worked, but too much stress in one day in a stressful week. It rains, it pours! :)

My brain is fried! reading your news, and heading for bed! Feel better!!! ..Jan

Hi Jan
    I did have the Wonton Soup with Saturday's dinner :)

Oh, OOPs I did not mean to fry Your brain :)

Some interesting news links today too
    The last link where they have a image of the Display, It does look real, I could see why people called the Police.

We all have those Senior Moments, I know my Brother and I do, That's Life....

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I posted more Humor this morning

Hi
    I did do some walking this Morning still easing back into it and I found 1 Cent. The temperature this morning was 69 on the news channel and 69 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer, Daytime high temperatures are forecast to be over normal

Found in a Fortune Cookie
    "Education will never be as expensive as ignorance"

http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/24/los-angeles-chargers-welcomed-another-embarrassing-crowd-in-week-3/
    Los Angeles Chargers Welcomed Another Embarrassing Crowd In Week 3
    By: Ryan Phillips | September 24, 2017 6:32 pm ET

Marriage Now Mark of Privilege...
    NyTimes exceeded

Which means I did not get to read the article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/24/people-spend-time-sitting-toilet-week-exercising-study-finds/
    People spend more time sitting on the toilet each week than exercising, study finds
    By Telegraph Reporters, 24 September 2017 • 10:00pm

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

I was MIA a day! Glad you are walking and have found some cents!! And glad you are feeling better!! :)

I did not phrase that correctly a day back or so! You had not fried my brain! My schedule did!! I finally got the dog rescued and up practically all of Fla. by a rescue team of 6 people, each driving a leg of the journey. I could not make it into Montgomery before dark though. I can't see too well, so me and the dog spent the nite in a pet friendly motel in Evergreen, Al. It was only about 1 1/2 hours outside of home. The dog is a sweetheart and will be spoiled!
    I was on the second floor, and had to carry up dog food, my bi-pap and him. He was about 55 lbs. but pulled a lot. He figured the steps out quickly and even slowed down for me to climb multi times. We got to snuggle and he was such a sweetheart! Then picked up my 2 from boarding. Chester's carrier weighs a ton, and that was 4 times in and out. I can barely walk today and slept about 4 hours thru the dinner hour. Tired, but happy.... :#

Your articles are great, I am still reading them! I loved the lizard one and the wrecks in the Lake especially!! <3

Headed to read and sleep again! Don't overdo!! And take care!!...Jan :)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Good morning. Sorry I’ve been absent. Sinus infection and work mostly. Roger...sorry you were ill and glad that you’re recovering! I think I’m getting ahead of my sinus infection...at least stuff is moving. Before that, i had tried to get a flu shot at Walmart...but insurance no longer covers it at Walmart...not sure where I’m supposed to go. My hip has been hurting...not incapacitating like before but depressing. I haven’t even done any mall walking...not good. Starting to think about our upcoming Thanksgiving carvtrip north...so very glad I don’t have that rental house anymore!!! Going to limit my visits to two groups...last time i spread myself too thin. I’ll try to appear more regularly.
  • RogerToo
    More humor once again

Hi
    I went walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 70 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer, It is still humid outside, However The humidity and Temperature are forecast to be better tomorrow as a cold front arrives.

https://www.popdust.com/our-editors-put-nutrisystem-to-the-test-heres-what-we-found-2215206149.html?bcid=58f5290ae14d024815833744&amp;hcid=588a2fc38724824222854662&amp;utm_campaign=TB_D_Skeptic_Popdust_RT&amp;utm_source=geistm&amp;bhid={headline.id}
    Our Editors Tried Nutrisystem: Here's What We Learned

Take with a grain of salt due to this
    sponsored 01/26/17 By Popdust Staff

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

I was MIA a day! Glad you are walking and have found some cents!! And glad you are feeling better!! :)

I did not phrase that correctly a day back or so! You had not fried my brain! My schedule did!! I finally got the dog rescued and up practically all of Fla. by a rescue team of 6 people, each driving a leg of the journey. I could not make it into Montgomery before dark though. I can't see too well, so me and the dog spent the nite in a pet friendly motel in Evergreen, Al. It was only about 1 1/2 hours outside of home. The dog is a sweetheart and will be spoiled!
    I was on the second floor, and had to carry up dog food, my bi-pap and him. He was about 55 lbs. but pulled a lot. He figured the steps out quickly and even slowed down for me to climb multi times. We got to snuggle and he was such a sweetheart! Then picked up my 2 from boarding. Chester's carrier weighs a ton, and that was 4 times in and out. I can barely walk today and slept about 4 hours thru the dinner hour. Tired, but happy.... :#

Your articles are great, I am still reading them! I loved the lizard one and the wrecks in the Lake especially!! <3

Headed to read and sleep again! Don't overdo!! And take care!!...Jan :)

Hi Jan
    I had a reply that had the contents of the Exceeded post about marriage if You want I can copy it and post it here.

You are not the only one out there with poor night vision, However You at least are smart enough to stay off the road at night or when tired.

Congratulations one You achievement with the dogs. Lizard :), People do not look.

At least I'm back out, Now I need to get rid of some weight I put on while I was under the weather.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning. Sorry I’ve been absent. Sinus infection and work mostly. Roger...sorry you were ill and glad that you’re recovering! I think I’m getting ahead of my sinus infection...at least stuff is moving. Before that, i had tried to get a flu shot at Walmart...but insurance no longer covers it at Walmart...not sure where I’m supposed to go. My hip has been hurting...not incapacitating like before but depressing. I haven’t even done any mall walking...not good. Starting to think about our upcoming Thanksgiving car trip north...so very glad I don’t have that rental house anymore!!! Going to limit my visits to two groups...last time i spread myself too thin. I’ll try to appear more regularly.

Hi Val
    Real Life comes first :)

I gather that a Sinus infection can be hard on a person.

I have not asked this year however based on last year I know I should be able to get free Flu shots at my doctors or the Pharmacy. Have You checked with Your Pharmacy, They may accept Your insurance.

It seems to me that hurting but not incapacitating could be worse.

I have not even thought ahead to Thanksgiving, After Halloween I will.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Good to hear from you, Val! Sorry you were under the weather , too. The weather does not help much, I guess. I think coming in and out of the a/c and the hot weather takes it's toll. I can imagine you will enjoy your trip more this year Val, since you do not have to stress about the house!! :)

It is humid here too! Waiting for the cold front to come thru!! Then our weather will be like N.J. :D

I had to run today a good bit so May is giving me the cold shoulder, lol. She was lovey -dovey when I first came home....Hmmmm. I do not usually go away when they come back from boarding, bless their spoiled little hearts. I am home all day Thurs. Yay!! Just major cleaning!!

Still getting caught up on the articles! Every time I see socks I get tickled and think of the lizard. It is something my living room might have at the moment! If you still have that article, print it! I am ready for "the rest of the story", lol!I just want to survive my cleaning and Sat. when the teen group comes over to help with my area under the trees. I just wish it was not this Sat! :|

Headed for humor, then bed. I can not wait to have a few quiet moments with my coffee in the am- at home!!

Everyone take care!! ..Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I went walking this Morning for 150 minutes. The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 72 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer, It is still somewhat humid outside, However The humidity and Temperature are forecast to be better later today into the weekend as a cold front moves through the area.

Why the long time walking, I went for a Haircut and since I was early I stopped for two scrambled eggs, two slices of Whole Wheat toast and had a few of the really crispy home fries to kill time and coincidentally get my breakfast in on time :)

I walked around 75 to 80 minutes each way and was out of the house 4 hours or a bit more. iPod is on charge currently as it told me low battery when I was nearing the house. It will play for at least 90 minutes after that FWIW.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger

No Humor today, I'm on a different computer than I use for that.
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Good to hear from you, Val! Sorry you were under the weather , too. The weather does not help much, I guess. I think coming in and out of the a/c and the hot weather takes it's toll. I can imagine you will enjoy your trip more this year Val, since you do not have to stress about the house!! :)

It is humid here too! Waiting for the cold front to come thru!! Then our weather will be like N.J. :D

I had to run today a good bit so May is giving me the cold shoulder, lol. She was lovey -dovey when I first came home....Hmmmm. I do not usually go away when they come back from boarding, bless their spoiled little hearts. I am home all day Thurs. Yay!! Just major cleaning!!

Still getting caught up on the articles! Every time I see socks I get tickled and think of the lizard. It is something my living room might have at the moment! If you still have that article, print it! I am ready for "the rest of the story", lol!I just want to survive my cleaning and Sat. when the teen group comes over to help with my area under the trees. I just wish it was not this Sat! :|

Headed for humor, then bed. I can not wait to have a few quiet moments with my coffee in the am- at home!!

Everyone take care!! ..Jan B)

Hi Jan
    If I said I kill the links after I post them, however by going back in this message thread You should find it :)

I was comfortable when I left the house due to a mild breeze, Then the AC where I got my coffee made me feel the warmth when I left there for a few minutes until I acclimated to the outside temps & humidity.

Since I knew I would be going a ways today I was careful what I ate yesterday.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

P.S. Sorry to be brief but I am a bit worn down for some reason.
  • hope4change_val
    The leader of Grumpy Puppy Rescue and I swapped foster dogs today...she now has Prince the white dog, and I have a border collie mix puppy named Cooper. Work was super busy.
    fe0c685or7pz.jpeg
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

Val, what a cute dog! He is so sweet, he reminds me alittle of Chester when he was young!! :) Why did you swap? I hope you are feeling a bit better! Jenny gets sinus infections. They are no fun!! Glad to see you on here!!

Rodger, that was a long way to go. You may have overdone it after not feeling well! I hope not! You guys hopefully will be feeling in top shape soon.

Spent all day with some heavy cleaning and lifting. If I was done in before, I really am now!! :D

I did get to go out and got a pretty good steak and salad. It hit the spot!! All the food looked scrumptious. They had good fish dishes, and also some Italian. Pretty nice place.

We are all headed for bed. I am getting earlier. That is a good sign, lol! Take care all!!! ...Jan B) Too hot & dry!
  • hope4change_val
    Hi! My sinus infection is worse. We swapped dogs because Prince needs lots of exercise (Maggie has a fenced in acre! Plus she has a one-year old puppy with tons if energy to play w Prince. And her pup was attacking Cooper, so safety too. This pup is cute but not the easiest because he’s constantly into trouble (chews shoe, electric cords, feet, hands. He can easily climb over baby gates, and barks when crated. Plus—needs potty training! Work was intense yesterday...three simultaneous “urgent” requests! Everything got to the right people but holy moly! I feel so sick. Glad it’s Friday. Hope you all have a happy Friday!