Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning,

Well, today is beautiful! The cold front came thru, and I got to open up the house! It is so nice. We will be having cool nights for a bit, so I am excited!! Trying to clean up the house, actually! Not too successful. I spent the morning trying to match up a shelter in Sebring, Fla. with a rescue who could take them in Al. I wish it would work out. Great time for my computer to buffer!! :* I hope they do not euthanize the dogs..I can't take any since I am going out of the country and boarding mine...

What a time.. Fires on the west coast, hurricanes in the south. The people in Montana are getting kind of desperate and angry no one is showing their hardships nationally, and they were denied federal help. What a mess.

Yeah, education seems to have taken a back seat to social woes. It is a backseat -period- in most of Alabama. :*

Glad you got to laugh some, Val!! Always a good thing!! :)

Yep, I feel the last of the fresh tomato sandwiches coming on!! Corn on the cob is still sweet, so enjoying a little of that!! :#

Prayers for the monster Irma to head east.I think though, it may graze the coast and hit the Carolinas. Hugo in S.C. caused catastrophic problems. I see it maybe repeating!

Take care all!! Do not work too hard!! :) ..Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    More humor once again

Hi
    I did some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 61 on the news channel and 60 degrees on the front porch and back yard. The rain with stormy weather in the forecast for Yesterday
    Yesterdays forecast rain was on and off all day. When I went out the door this morning I could see it had rained overnight. The Rain was gone from this area by 6AM and there was a little in the 6AM Weather report further south of where I am.

Once Again we get to avoid having to water the garden :)
    Some clips from Hee Haw to tickle Your Fancy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvpzEYzNjYM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhWDvyjI9Kk

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning,

Well, today is beautiful! The cold front came thru, and I got to open up the house! It is so nice. We will be having cool nights for a bit, so I am excited!! Trying to clean up the house, actually! Not too successful. I spent the morning trying to match up a shelter in Sebring, Fla. with a rescue who could take them in Al. I wish it would work out. Great time for my computer to buffer!! :* I hope they do not euthanize the dogs..I can't take any since I am going out of the country and boarding mine...

What a time.. Fires on the west coast, hurricanes in the south. The people in Montana are getting kind of desperate and angry no one is showing their hardships nationally, and they were denied federal help. What a mess.

Yeah, education seems to have taken a back seat to social woes. It is a backseat -period- in most of Alabama. :*

Glad you got to laugh some, Val!! Always a good thing!! :)

Yep, I feel the last of the fresh tomato sandwiches coming on!! Corn on the cob is still sweet, so enjoying a little of that!! :#

Prayers for the monster Irma to head east.I think though, it may graze the coast and hit the Carolinas. Hugo in S.C. caused catastrophic problems. I see it maybe repeating!

Take care all!! Do not work too hard!! :) ..Jan B)

Hi Jan
    That sounds as if You are having great weather for a while :)

Just curious, Where are You going out of the country? If You mentioned the destination I seem to have forgotten where.

I am hoping that Irma causes no problems here in NJ, I still remember the no power days from Super-storm Sandy.

My Brother has been having Tomato Sandwiches with Mayo too. I Just put moderately thick slices of the really ripe tomatoes on sandwiches.

I am waiting for the Corn I planted to produce. They Corn they are producing are not completely filled out yet.
    I have to be careful Corn as it high in natural sugars.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Still great weather here. We got a little rain when the front ran thru. Nights are comfortable and we may need a jacket one night as it dips to 59 deg. I wish it was like this all year!!

I leave for Paris in about 3 weeks. I am not at all ready, lol. All of a sudden the time is flying. I do not know where the time goes. I saw a report that Irma might hit as a cat 2 for SC. That is better than 2. I invited my step mom here but she is staying put. She may be in the rt. quadrant though and she is not fond of storms, or tornados. Interesting few days coming. So awful about the destruction so far. I hope it will not be too bad for you all!

The hee haw was funny. Maybe I could find me a skinny person and divide by 2, and put that down as a loss!! :#

Great job walking! :) I am going out for a hamburger or salad tonite. Maybe that will not be too bad, lol! :D

Take care!! ..Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    And Yet more Humor ? posted

Hi
    I did some walking this Morning + 1 Cent. The temperature this morning was 57 on the news channel and 56 degrees on the front porch and back yard.
    I did wear a Long Sleeve Shirt and wore lightly insulated gloves due to the temperature :)

In the 10 day extended forecast the overnight lows are all in the 50s to low 60s with highs in the 70s.

Not to much on my agenda for today.

I guess by now everybody has heard about the Equifax Data breach ?

Some Interesting ? Links
    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/wisconsin/articles/2017-09-02/11-year-old-saving-money-for-college-by-flipping-houses
    11-Year-Old Saving Money for College by Flipping Houses
    An 11-year-old girl from western Wisconsin is saving for college by flipping houses.
    Sept. 2, 2017, at 5:17 p.m.

Here is a older one
    http://theweek.com/speedreads/723241/hackers-are-able-command-siri-alexa-frequency-high-hear
    Hackers are able to command Siri, Alexa in a frequency too high for you to hear
    September 7, 2017

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/your-doctor-could-be-searching-for-you-online-but-is-it-as-bad-as-it-sounds/news-story/88675a6fe21739fc4f83f12d2be94292
    Your doctor could be searching for you online, but is it as bad as it sounds?

IF YOU think your visit to the doctor stops once you leave, you could be surprised, as one in six doctors admits to searching you online.

Matthew Dunn@mattydunn11 news.com.au September 8, 2017

https://www.local10.com/weather/hurricane-irma/home-depot-customer-attacked-in-plywood-dispute-during-hurricane-irma-preps
    Home Depot customer attacked in plywood dispute during Hurricane Irma preps[/b[
    Bloodied customer Joshua Shempko says man 'lunged' at him in North Miami
    By Peter Burke - Local10.com Managing Editor , Christian De La Rosa - Reporter Posted: 3:45 AM, September 06, 2017

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-05/isis-urges-supporters-poison-food-us-grocery-stores
    ISIS Urges Supporters To Poison Food At US Grocery Stores
    by Tyler Durden Sep 5, 2017 11:05 PM

https://www.studyfinds.org/older-adults-seniors-eldelry-age/
    People Over 60 More Content In Life Than All Other Adults, Survey Finds
    6 Sep - by Daniel Steingold - In Happiness Studies Health Studies Longer Life Studies

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Still great weather here. We got a little rain when the front ran thru. Nights are comfortable and we may need a jacket one night as it dips to 59 deg. I wish it was like this all year!!

I leave for Paris in about 3 weeks. I am not at all ready, lol. All of a sudden the time is flying. I do not know where the time goes. I saw a report that Irma might hit as a cat 2 for SC. That is better than 2. I invited my step mom here but she is staying put. She may be in the rt. quadrant though and she is not fond of storms, or tornados. Interesting few days coming. So awful about the destruction so far. I hope it will not be too bad for you all!

The hee haw was funny. Maybe I could find me a skinny person and divide by 2, and put that down as a loss!! :#

Great job walking! :) I am going out for a hamburger or salad tonite. Maybe that will not be too bad, lol! :D

Take care!! ..Jan B)

Hi Jan
    I'm glad You liked the Hee Haw videos, We watch the ReRuns on the RFDTV channel Sunday evenings. I use the HD channel rather than their SD channel as it gives a better picture and the show quality is great that way.

Salads themselves are not bad for You, It is the add ons such as Croutons, Salad Dressing and Cheese.

I used some Swiss Cheese 1/2 slice at 40 calories on my NS Hamburger yesterday instead of the usual 1/2 slice of Velveeta at 20 calories It made a nice change in the taste.

I love hamburgers. In the past Pre NS I loved it when Wendy's had their Mushroom Swiss Burgers.

If the current projected path for Irma stays as projected we me be in the clear here in NJ, Parts of Alabama not necessarily. Atlanta Ga. oh oh
    http://www.ajc.com/weather/metro-atlanta-hurricane-irma-direct-path/EZHNhErBmCRXExkFqo7AkK/

Metro Atlanta in Hurricane Irma's direct path
    Lauren Foreman The Atlanta Journal-Constitution,
    7:56 a.m. Friday, Sept. 8, 2017 Weather

That 8AM today is pretty current too.

I noticed this, Congratulations

Buttons61 7 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 9/07/2017

Buttons61 7 hours ago
    has logged in for 400 days in a row!

Whee!
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

Yes, Irma has definitely taken a wobble west! We are still not too impacted except by breezes and probably some rain in the eastern part of Al. It sure looks bad for Fla. There are two dogs coming to Jersey from Fla. One I sponsored, and another I sponsored that was hopefully adopted if nothing went wrong. I tried to get 2 other dogs out, but was hampered by the fact animal control closed at 1200 friday, and may be closed Sat. I had a rescue lined up, and transport, but the Florida people are kind of giving up. I do understand. They have been working furiously and need to prepare themselves. But I do think animal control could have done better to be reached since this is life or death for these dogs. We will see. Prayers for Fla. Lots of people still unprepared and stupid even after Katrina. :/

Lots are leaving though which is good...

I am still reading thru the links. They are sure interesting. Yeah, the equifax hack is not good. I found the possible poisoning of food very frightening. We have to have it, but I would not want to go that way, by poisoning.

I love hamburgers too! I did get a salad last night though. It was a tropical salad with greens, and the smallest chop of mangos, red pepper, coconut and pecans I have ever seen. It was good, but I was a little disappointed that they thought 1 Tablespoon all together of the added ingredients was substantial to the salad. I did not have to worry much on calories. I finally spotted about 5 strands of minced coconut and maybe two nuts in it. I actually thought they forgot to add it. It left me enough for the poppyseed dressing, however, and I added salmon to my salad which was quite good. i did not use all the salad dressing!

Tonite is Chinese. That will be harder!! :D Glad you found a penny! Off to humor!! ..Jan B)

• RogerToo
    And I did it again, some humor is now posted

Hi
    I did some walking this Morning + 0 Cents, Oh well. The temperature this morning was 55 on the news channel and 54 degrees on the front porch and back yard.
    Once again I did wear a Long Sleeve Shirt and wore lightly insulated gloves due to the temperature :)

I went further than usual this morning, I'm at 9600+ steps already and it is only 9:30AM :)

Not Very much on my agenda for today. Maybe I'll kill some time on that there Internet Thingy :)

Some Interesting ? Links
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4410739/new-handheld-pen-allows-surgeons-to-detect-cancer-in-10-seconds-making-sure-they-remove-all-trace-of-disease
    PENPOINTING CANCER New handheld ‘pen’ allows surgeons to detect cancer in 10 SECONDS – making sure they remove all trace of disease
    Tests found the tool took just 10 seconds to provide a diagnosis and was more than 96 per cent accurate
    By Andrea Downey, Digital Health Reporter, 7th September 2017, 10:13 am
    Updated: 8th September 2017, 5:16 am

Hartford Warns It Could File for Bankruptcy
    Connecticut’s capital city, its deficit nearing $50 million, says it won’t be able pay its bills within 60 days
    By Joseph De Avila, Updated Sept. 7, 2017 5:07 p.m.

This one makes me sad to read :(
    This would be Wilmington, Delaware the state to my South and the Trenton is Trenton, NJ in the state where I live :(
    http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/crime/2017/09/08/our-babies-killing-each-other/100135370/
    Wilmington: most dangerous place in America for youth
    Brittany Horn, Jessica Masulli Reyes, Esteban Parra and Christina Jedra and Larry Fenn, The News Journal and Associated Press
    Wilmington has the highest rate in America, by far, of young people being shot. The rate is more than twice that of Trenton, the No. 2 city of similar size.

Sixty-four children have been shot in Wilmington shootings between January 2015 and Labor Day. Five have died.

Wilmington also has a 2-to-1 lead over Trenton, its closest peer in the mid-sized city group, according to the data analysis. In descending order, other cities facing extraordinarily high teen shootings are Savannah, Georgia; Syracuse, New York; and Flint, Michigan.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

Yes, Irma has definitely taken a wobble west! We are still not too impacted except by breezes and probably some rain in the eastern part of Al. It sure looks bad for Fla. There are two dogs coming to Jersey from Fla. One I sponsored, and another I sponsored that was hopefully adopted if nothing went wrong. I tried to get 2 other dogs out, but was hampered by the fact animal control closed at 1200 friday, and may be closed Sat. I had a rescue lined up, and transport, but the Florida people are kind of giving up. I do understand. They have been working furiously and need to prepare themselves. But I do think animal control could have done better to be reached since this is life or death for these dogs. We will see. Prayers for Fla. Lots of people still unprepared and stupid even after Katrina. :/

Lots are leaving though which is good...

I am still reading thru the links. They are sure interesting. Yeah, the equifax hack is not good. I found the possible poisoning of food very frightening. We have to have it, but I would not want to go that way, by poisoning.

I love hamburgers too! I did get a salad last night though. It was a tropical salad with greens, and the smallest chop of mangos, red pepper, coconut and pecans I have ever seen. It was good, but I was a little disappointed that they thought 1 Tablespoon all together of the added ingredients was substantial to the salad. I did not have to worry much on calories. I finally spotted about 5 strands of minced coconut and maybe two nuts in it. I actually thought they forgot to add it. It left me enough for the poppyseed dressing, however, and I added salmon to my salad which was quite good. i did not use all the salad dressing!

Tonite is Chinese. That will be harder!! :D Glad you found a penny! Off to humor!! ..Jan B)
    Hi Jan
    It looks like a interesting few days more of Irma coverage in the news. I find it hard to fault the Animal Control People TBH, First thing to take care of is Family followed by the Animals which I suspect is the answer. Is Alabama getting many refugees from Irma ?

The reason I ask is we are getting them up here. I saw a headline in a local newspaper while walking that said "Irma Refugees arrive in NJ.

So true that the possible poisoning is scary. Not to mention how many people have plenty of food in case it should happen or a terrible storm disrupts food deliveries. I have a sneaky suspicion that many people shop every few days and in NYC I have seen reports that some people only eat out or have takeout for the weeks meals.

If it were not so expensive I would have survival food on hand for a a two or three month period. That food keeps for many years and the other thing I would have is a water purification system that needs no power. They sell those and since the survival food needs water to rehydrate even if You have the food You still need the water. I might also want to have on hand water purification tablets.

Examples:
    http://www.preparewise.com/solar-powered-water-purifier-backpack
    Solar Powered Water Purifier Backpack - 100 Gallons per Day
    Regular Price: $1,650.00 On sale for only $1,380.00 :(
    Less expensive is this: http://www.preparewise.com/survival-drip-water-filter
    Big Berkey Stainless Steel Drip Filter System w/ 2 Black filters (6000 gal.)
    Regular Price: $345.00 Now $305.00
    or
    LifeStraw Personal Water Filter for Hiking, Camping, Travel, and Emergency Preparedness
    $14.99 Prime

https://www.amazon.com/Emergency-Survival-Food-Supply-Meal/dp/B0029BE7AW
    Emergency Survival Food Supply 275 Meal Pack
    275 Emergency Food Supply Kit includes NEW RECIPES:
    Cheesy Rice Casserole/Veggie Alfredo/Hearty Potato Soup/Italian Tomato Pasta/Black Bean Burger/Tortilla Soup/Multigrain Cereal/Brown Sugar Oatmeal/Non-fat Milk/Instant
    Orange Drink
    Weather Proof Bucket - 20 year shelf life
    Weather Proof Bucket - 20 year shelf life
    List Price: $299.00
    Price: $274.95
    Sale: $199.95 Free Shipping for Prime Members
    You Save: $99.05 (33%)

or https://www.amazon.com/Freeze-Dried-Survival-Food-Storage/dp/B00AXAY9IQ
    Freeze Dried Survival Food Storage Meals: 360 Large Servings 93 Lbs - Emergency Disaster Insurance Preparedness Supply - 25 Year Life: Also for Hiking, Camping

25 year life, Probably longer than I have left :)

You can even buy this: https://www.amazon.com/NuManna-Seasoned-Ground-Hamburger-Bucket/dp/B01KI9RCM6
    NuManna Seasoned Ground Beef (Hamburger) Bucket 36 Meals - Emergency Survival Food Storage Kit, Separate Rations, in a Bucket, 25 Plus Year Shelf Life, GMO-Free
    1.0 out of 5 stars 1 customer review
    Price: $168.01 + $6.99 shipping

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    News flash- I walked around my little 0.25 mi block! It's been a long time. Waiting until i felt like it was clearly not working for me...so i did it in spite of my feelings. I also climbed a tree and used my hacksaw to remove two very large branches, and then chopped them into pieces. And i took Duke & Lucy to get their shots, then got gas (now available but 50 cents/gal more expensive), and groceries. I tried to get my annual vehicle inspection but there was an hour wait. I have lifestraws here...just in case. Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Rodger, all good articles. Still catching up! We have lots of Fla. people. The major roads heading to us and north are very crowded. I am surprised you have folks up there unless they are staying with relatives. The more west path the more I get. But just 30 mile an hour winds at times and an inch to 2 of rain for Monday-Tues. . Not much.
    Eastern 1/4 th Al. is more 70 mile an hour gusts to 3-4 inches rain at the moment. Subject to change. :#

I remember a time no one would shoot a kid or a pregnant lady. Almost remember when it was more rare for a woman to get shot....

Interestings about all the rations and water supplies!!

Val, good for you walking! That climbing is ambitious! I hope you do not hurt later from either. I am glad you have some gas now!!

The weather is just beautiful today!!

Still trying to lose till I get back to where I was..lol!! :/

Interesting days...Headed for humor!!!! ..Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2017
    I posted more Humor this morning.

Hi
    I did some walking this Morning + 0 Cents, Oh well. The temperature this morning was 56 on the news channel and 55 degrees on the front porch and back yard. Once again I wore a Long Sleeve Shirt and wore lightly insulated gloves due to the temperature :)

I did a short run to the ShopRite and Picked up some Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage and a few chunks of Potatoes from their hot food section. I have portioned them into breakfast, Lunch etc. I also Picked up a nice looking Cooked Turkey Breast half to use as a protein starting tomorrow.

Once again not much on my agenda for today. Maybe I'll kill time on that there Internet Thingy once again :)

Some Interesting ? Links, Well interesting to me anyway.
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/09/06/leominster-stabbing-murder-lakeshore-drive-nathan-tim-record/
    Leominster Man Kills Brother In Fight Over Internet Bandwidth, Police Say
    September 6, 2017 5:39 PM

http://www.cetusnews.com/life/College-Activists-March-on-the-Cafeteria--What-Do-We-Want--Hydroponic-Cilantro!.rkG0B0h9aYW.html
    College Activists March on the Cafeteria: What Do We Want? Hydroponic Cilantro!

Troublesome :(
    http://freebeacon.com/national-security/korea-nuclear-test-furthers-emp-bomb/
    Korea Nuclear Test Furthers EMP Bomb
    Pyongyang reports 'EMP might' of nuclear arms
    BY: Bill Gertz Follow @BillGertz, September 6, 2017 5:00 am

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    News flash- I walked around my little 0.25 mi block! It's been a long time. Waiting until i felt like it was clearly not working for me...so i did it in spite of my feelings. I also climbed a tree and used my hacksaw to remove two very large branches, and then chopped them into pieces. And i took Duke & Lucy to get their shots, then got gas (now available but 50 cents/gal more expensive), and groceries. I tried to get my annual vehicle inspection but there was an hour wait. I have lifestraws here...just in case. Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

Hi Val
    I stopped and bought a whole Gallon of Regular for the Lawnmower this morning. It has dropped somewhat from last weeks high. Sixteen Cents cheaper so would be nice if I needed it for the car. However I only have 62 miles on the last fill-up which was last month :) I do not do lots of driving these days, I do some of my Shopping while walking which reduces the miles driven significantly. I can and often do walk by a Grocery Store, Produce Store, Dollar Store where I get my Quarts of milk :) and convenience stores. I do pass a Bagel store too, However they make Jumbo Bagels so I pass on by even though they are so tasty. Just like I passed on the free Donut yesterday and today when I swung by the Dunkin Donut for my One coffee a day.

I have a LifeStraw coming from Amazon in the next day or two since I went for the free shipping.

It appears that You have been Busy too.

I noticed this on the Home Page.
    hope4change_val 21 hours ago
    burned 90 calories doing 15 minutes of Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog

Congratulations
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Rodger, all good articles. Still catching up! We have lots of Fla. people. The major roads heading to us and north are very crowded. I am surprised you have folks up there unless they are staying with relatives. The more west path the more I get. But just 30 mile an hour winds at times and an inch to 2 of rain for Monday-Tues. . Not much.
    Eastern 1/4 th Al. is more 70 mile an hour gusts to 3-4 inches rain at the moment. Subject to change. :#

I remember a time no one would shoot a kid or a pregnant lady. Almost remember when it was more rare for a woman to get shot....

Interestings about all the rations and water supplies!!

Val, good for you walking! That climbing is ambitious! I hope you do not hurt later from either. I am glad you have some gas now!!

The weather is just beautiful today!!

Still trying to lose till I get back to where I was..lol!! :/

Interesting days...Headed for humor!!!! ..Jan B)

Hi Jan
    I was wondering if the shift westward would have much impact on You. It sounds as if You will be OK unless You have really weak trees by the house :)

I have been seeing depressing links what with the Shootings and one I posted today. People have no patience.

Good Luck, I know You can do it.

I noticed this on the Home page from You
    Buttons61 12 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 9/09/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Congratulations
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    More Humor posted

Hi
    I did some walking this Morning and still + 0 Cents, Oh well. The temperature this morning was 56 on the news channel and 52 degrees on the front porch and back yard. Once again I wore a Long Sleeve Shirt and wore lightly insulated gloves due to the temperature :)

I chilled the Turkey Breast, sliced it and Used a 3 Ounce portion between two slices of the 647 Italian bread with a smear of Miracle Whip and slices of Really tasty ripe Tomato from the Garden, Delicious.

We Baked two Loafs, Loaves?, of Sweet Potato Bread yesterday and Gave one away and have one left.

Once again not much on my agenda for today. Maybe I'll kill time on that there Internet Thingy once again :)

Some Interesting ? Links, Well interesting to me anyway.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4426442/hurricane-irma-passenger-ship-called-escape-which-fled-miami-with-4000-on-board-now-stranded-at-sea-with-unlimited-booze/
    CRUISE TO NOWHEREHurricane Irma – Passenger ship called ‘Escape’ which fled Miami with 4,000 on board now stranded at sea with ‘unlimited booze’
    The passengers - including Brits - have been told not to worry by the vessel's captain as he says it can outrun the storm
    By Jon Lockett, 9th September 2017, 11:02 am, Updated: 10th September 2017, 11:40 am

I'm not sure if I agree or disagree with this one :)
    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/851879/diabetes-type-2-red-meat-poultry-risk-warning
    Type 2 diabetes warning: Too much red meat and poultry can increase risk
    EATING too much dark meat can significantly increase the risk of diabetes, a new study suggests.

By Giles Sheldrick, 00:01, Sat, Sep 9, 2017 | UPDATED: 14:34, Sat, Sep 9, 2017

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!
    Well, we got about a half an inch rain during the nite. Woke to slight breeze. Windy at times here with gusts around 30 mph. I had the house open and it was lovely. However it got too cold in the house, lol and I had to shut my living room window come noon.. I still have the back of the house open. It is only 71 in the house, but with the breeze, chilly! :) We are actually cozy at the moment. I do worry about the trees, as they are very tall and nearing their life expectancy. Branches are okay, though I do have a few large ones, the dogs do not need to be under if they go. I spent part of yesterday securing the back yard movables.

Yesterday was a long day. I am glad I had signed in as I did not get back to MFP. I had to be a little early for church and class in the morning. Then church. I headed to Publix which was supposed to be open till 5 pm. and closed on Monday. Well, they panicked I think, or maybe felt their employees had to get gas or something, because they greeted people at the door with the news they had shut down. It was only 12 noon. I know their warehouses are in Fla. but not sure how that would affect food in Prattville, already in the store. Of course I understand closing Sunday and all for Publix in Fla, obviously.

So, headed for Winn Dixie. All smiles and no apparent panic. Decided to get gas as I was down to 1/3. Finally on my third gas station I put in $20.00 as there were worried people behind me, hoping for gas. It was $2.69 for reg. but $2.89 for mid grade. I had 3/4 tank, so topped it off at at little gas station about a third of a mile from the house. I paid $3.99 a gallon for another 10 gallons. It was worth the price for peace of mind, though as I had small group in Montgomery last night.

Loved the humor. I would hope you would not get upset due to a bandwidth on your equipment. What is wrong with people.... Interesting on the dark meat chicken. I suppose it could be true, though it really is not as harmful as red meat. Probably the red meat eaters also eat other unhealthy carbs too in great quantity, which might not skewer the test, but that would be harmful. Well, that's me with the fat pockets in my abdomen and arms!! :s North Korea is just scary. They are not bullies or mean... the leaders are psychopaths..IMO.

Three more pounds and I will be losing where I am grafted on MFP. Then to lose the hard 8 lbs or so to get back to losing new stuff. I am watching daily to not regain anything lost...

Wind gusts picking up now and cold slightly more steady light rain. Trees really moving, but under just scary.. I think ... it is 2 pm, so we are not in the main stream yet..not much traffic... Take care. The rt. eastern quad of the storm is way worse than us. GA. and S.C. getting the worst. Tonite will be interesting after dark. We have power for most of Al. so that is good!

Take care! Great job walking and love self control with the eggs, and potato hot plate. ...Jan

• RogerToo
    And still more humor today

Hi
    I did some walking this Morning and still + 0 Cents, Oh well. The temperature this morning was 58 on the news channel and 56 degrees on the front porch and back yard. Once again I wore a Long Sleeve Shirt and wore lightly insulated gloves due to the temperature :)

I walked over to the repair shop and picked up my car, The passenger side Window regulator broke Sunday. I noticed that the window had slipped down and that it did not go up or down. I ended up pushing it up and using Painters tape to hold it up as Painters tape leaves no residue when removed.

Some Interesting ? Link, Well interesting to me anyway.
    https://www.theguardian.com/technology/shortcuts/2017/sep/11/tesla-hurricane-irma-battery-capacity
    How did Tesla make some of its cars travel further during Hurricane Irma?
    Simon Usborne, Monday 11 September 2017 12.10 EDT

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-05/kentucky-public-employee-retirements-surge-fears-pension-collapse-mount
    Kentucky Public Employee Retirements Surge As Fears Of Pension Collapse Mount
    by Tyler Durden, Sep 6, 2017 4:35 AM

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!
    Well, we got about a half an inch rain during the nite. Woke to slight breeze. Windy at times here with gusts around 30 mph. I had the house open and it was lovely. However it got too cold in the house, lol and I had to shut my living room window come noon.. I still have the back of the house open. It is only 71 in the house, but with the breeze, chilly! :) We are actually cozy at the moment. I do worry about the trees, as they are very tall and nearing their life expectancy. Branches are okay, though I do have a few large ones, the dogs do not need to be under if they go. I spent part of yesterday securing the back yard movables.

Yesterday was a long day. I am glad I had signed in as I did not get back to MFP. I had to be a little early for church and class in the morning. Then church. I headed to Publix which was supposed to be open till 5 pm. and closed on Monday. Well, they panicked I think, or maybe felt their employees had to get gas or something, because they greeted people at the door with the news they had shut down. It was only 12 noon. I know their warehouses are in Fla. but not sure how that would affect food in Prattville, already in the store. Of course I understand closing Sunday and all for Publix in Fla, obviously.
    Hi Jan
    I was wondering how the now Tropical Storm Irma was treating You. It appears that parts of Georgia have lost power and I saw a post from that area that their power had blinked off and on multiple times.

It was 62 on the front porch when I returned back home from picking up the car and 69 in the Living Room.
    I did not get all my steps in, maybe later on...
    I did walk a circuitous route to get my car and I was still a 1/2 hour early so I ate breakfast nearby the repair shop. I had two Eggs scrambled well, a small amount of the Hone Fries and toast. I had told them to cut the amount of the Potatoes back to around 1/4 and it appears they forgot :( Oh well most of them stayed on the plate which is a waste to me.

I guessed that You went elsewhere from the Publix :)

Locally I have three Grocery Stores nearby and soon a 4th when the Whole Foods opens up on the Highway. Which excludes mention of the Asian Food Center and the closer Indian Food Store and of course the convenience stores.
    So, headed for Winn Dixie. All smiles and no apparent panic. Decided to get gas as I was down to 1/3. Finally on my third gas station I put in $20.00 as there were worried people behind me, hoping for gas. It was $2.69 for reg. but $2.89 for mid grade. I had 3/4 tank, so topped it off at at little gas station about a third of a mile from the house. I paid $3.99 a gallon for another 10 gallons. It was worth the price for peace of mind, though as I had small group in Montgomery last night.
    I would not have paid the $3.99 a gallon as that sounds like Price Gouging. I wonder if they'll get punished for it.

Some people do panic...
    Loved the humor. I would hope you would not get upset due to a bandwidth on your equipment. What is wrong with people.... Interesting on the dark meat chicken. I suppose it could be true, though it really is not as harmful as red meat. Probably the red meat eaters also eat other unhealthy carbs too in great quantity, which might not skewer the test, but that would be harmful. Well, that's me with the fat pockets in my abdomen and arms!! :s North Korea is just scary. They are not bullies or mean... the leaders are psychopaths..IMO.

Three more pounds and I will be losing where I am grafted on MFP. Then to lose the hard 8 lbs or so to get back to losing new stuff. I am watching daily to not regain anything lost...

Wind gusts picking up now and cold slightly more steady light rain. Trees really moving, but under just scary.. I think ... it is 2 pm, so we are not in the main stream yet..not much traffic... Take care. The rt. eastern quad of the storm is way worse than us. GA. and S.C. getting the worst. Tonite will be interesting after dark. We have power for most of Al. so that is good!

Take care! Great job walking and love self control with the eggs, and potato hot plate. ...Jan
    As I remember mentioning I am not sure how much I believe it about the meat. How many centuries have people been eating Poultry since it is quick and easy to raise.

That North Korean leader is just nuts. OTOH I have heard that he is on steroids for some health condition and how much Steroid rage is affecting his judgement I do not know.

I saw a bottom crawl this morning on the local cable news channel before I headed out that there was a death attributed to Irma in Ga.

Stay Safe
    Roger

Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning,

It is grey and drizzly at times. But we should be returning back to normal. In a day or two we will be back up in the 90's. But it is like fall now and cool and great!! No wind any more. I have branches down, but not bad.

Boy, I would be heart sick if I was in Kentucky and losing my pension. Such mismanagement, and I bet they made money, and will be fine. Maybe they need to go to jail. Interesting about Tesla cars. Have consumers had a break since Ralph Nader is not helping anymore I can't remember if he retired or not, or died. Guess I will google after this.

Georgia has had a few deaths. I saw an article that two children died after being rescued from Fla. The families of both were in car accidents, separately where they had moved to rescue. I thought it was Ga. but it could have been upper Fla. I can't remember now. Pictures are just heartbreaking. Pictures from Savannah and Charleston were very surreal as the water moved in.

Glad you got your car back. How wonderful to live and be able to walk to so many conveniences!! :)

Take care!! Hope Jose decides what it is doing and does not head to you guys! ;) ..Jan