Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Welcome Lucitamm! Hi Jan &Roger. Roger hope you get all better from that bug that you're fighting. Jan, I hate it when parking structure elevators go out! Plus, very sad for uour friend w cancer...and all her friends. Eclipse was 60%here...barely noticeable by just looking around. Em and I used a homemade box to view the eclipse, so that was nice. I think the sinus washes are helping me beat my sinus infection. Em starts high school on Wednesday. I'm still employed and things continue to go from zero available work to overloaded and back again. I'm really having trouble finding my mojo again...gained back even more weight. I feel completely miserable (weight-wise).

Hi Val
    If I said I feel OK, Now if I can just get a good nights sleep :)

Our Eclipse was said to be 75%, I was able to look out the window and see it darken and then get lighter once again.

It is not easy maintaining forget losing all of the time, I blew it yesterday with a small BBQ Spare Ribs from the Chinese Take out and what Wendy's calls Value Fries at $0.99 making it their smallest portion. I'm feeling it today too.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!!

It was good to hear from you, Val! Glad your sinus' es are getting better! Well, You have work, that is good. How odd there is such fluctuation all of a sudden. I am not doing so good. I am guessing I like to eat more than lose. At least half my days are good, but I need to do better! I need to be more energetic in the am. Not easy for me...

Roger, at least you ordered small portions. Isn't it funny how you can feel it anyway!! back on track you go!!!
    Good job doing your walking! I do not envy your 90 degrees either!

Totally shocked at the doom and gloom. This is modern day after all! Just excitement around here! Or a few posts with disappointment. I do not get that, actually. It is still interesting if you do not find it awesome. I guess people forget what a miracle it is the sun goes "up and down "and sustains us. LOL, tough crowd!!

I have to go water today!! The plants are shouting past me going, I'm dieing!! Just hate going out, lol!

Be good all! If you must eat all the veggies in the house before something not good for you, lol!! .. Jan., B)
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2017
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!!

It was good to hear from you, Val! Glad your sinus' es are getting better! Well, You have work, that is good. How odd there is such fluctuation all of a sudden. I am not doing so good. I am guessing I like to eat more than lose. At least half my days are good, but I need to do better! I need to be more energetic in the am. Not easy for me...

Roger, at least you ordered small portions. Isn't it funny how you can feel it anyway!! back on track you go!!!
    Good job doing your walking! I do not envy your 90 degrees either!

Totally shocked at the doom and gloom. This is modern day after all! Just excitement around here! Or a few posts with disappointment. I do not get that, actually. It is still interesting if you do not find it awesome. I guess people forget what a miracle it is the sun goes "up and down "and sustains us. LOL, tough crowd!!

I have to go water today!! The plants are shouting past me going, I'm dieing!! Just hate going out, lol!

Be good all! If you must eat all the veggies in the house before something not good for you, lol!! .. Jan., B)
    Hi Jan
    Now if only we could make a good day of eating cancel a bad day of eating, sadly it takes more than one days of good eating to make up for one day of bad eating.

If I said that I felt it in a couple of hours as it made me feel the heat more just that quickly.

Oh, Oh, Not a good sign when Your plants complain :) We will need to water later this week unless we get a good soaking as the cold front moves in later. Since beyond that in the weather forecast is showing all sunny and dry for a change.

As I see it there are people that are not happy unless they can spread gloom and doom :)

Congratulations on this:
    Buttons61 4 hours ago, burned 162 calories doing 30 minutes of yard work
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Every joint is stiff and inflexible...holding too much water weight (plus too much weight in general). Work continues to be stupidly stressful. Em starts high school tomorrow.
  • RogerToo
    And more humor

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 74 degrees on the front porch with high humidity.
    Overnight we had probably three hours of Lightning & Thunder Plus enough rain that the Watering can be put off for another couple of days :)
    It was not Comfortable walking.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2017
    Every joint is stiff and inflexible...holding too much water weight (plus too much weight in general). Work continues to be stupidly stressful. Em starts high school tomorrow.

Hi Val
    I'm sorry to hear that. Good Luck with Work
    Whoopee on starting High School for Em
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

Hot again. But I did water. The plants seemed grateful. Other than my clematis, they did not look too bad. I spent more time watering May May with the hose! :D She loves to chase the water stream and will run all over the yard. It also tires her out! A bonus!

Good job walking! I hope you are all over the crude. My daughter just caught it, probably from the students!

I bought an electric mug warmer from Amazon and think I am in love. Half of my coffee gets cold in the morning as I type and tend to forget about it. It keeps my last half of the cup as warm as when I first pour it! Gotta love Amazon. It is such a pleasure finding things, rather than hunting stores!

Val, sorry about work. It is hard to lose when stressed about work!! On the better half, Em is doing really wonderful! I know she must be excited! High school is such a big milestone!! Hope things improve work wise!!

Cleaning house today, maybe really good for the exercise portion of today! I may even walk some. My B/P is a little better and I ache a lot less as I have eaten better the last few days. :) I can sometimes tell within 2 hours or so how it affects me, especially with processed or high in sodium foods. You would think we would eat better, wouldn't you!

Read an interesting story about the 2 guys that started Motorola. Had no idea they invented so much. It was an interesting read. Take care! Watch the heat, all!! ...Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Hi, More Humor today

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 62 degrees on the front porch and back yard lowered humidity. It was Comfortable walking due to the lower humidity and temperature.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

Hot again. But I did water. The plants seemed grateful. Other than my clematis, they did not look too bad. I spent more time watering May May with the hose! :D She loves to chase the water stream and will run all over the yard. It also tires her out! A bonus!

Good job walking! I hope you are all over the crude. My daughter just caught it, probably from the students!

I bought an electric mug warmer from Amazon and think I am in love. Half of my coffee gets cold in the morning as I type and tend to forget about it. It keeps my last half of the cup as warm as when I first pour it! Gotta love Amazon. It is such a pleasure finding things, rather than hunting stores!

Val, sorry about work. It is hard to lose when stressed about work!! On the better half, Em is doing really wonderful! I know she must be excited! High school is such a big milestone!! Hope things improve work wise!!

Cleaning house today, maybe really good for the exercise portion of today! I may even walk some. My B/P is a little better and I ache a lot less as I have eaten better the last few days. :) I can sometimes tell within 2 hours or so how it affects me, especially with processed or high in sodium foods. You would think we would eat better, wouldn't you!

Read an interesting story about the 2 guys that started Motorola. Had no idea they invented so much. It was an interesting read. Take care! Watch the heat, all!! ...Jan B)

Hi Jan
    I found one of those that is a little flat heating element You sit the coffee cup on and plug in, However it really needs a flat bottom unmeltable coffee cup to work well. I have found that the Yeti brand products work really well at keeping the coffee hot with needing extra heat. I actually had to start adding Ice when I starter using on on my walking to get the coffee cool enough to drink after I filled it at a 7-Elevn or QuickChek convenience store. That was during the winter too. I will keep the coffee nicely for hours even on a cold day walking. They are not a cheap product to buy however.

Congratulations on the better BP and lowered aching. Diet can have such an effect it makes my wonder why I break it to eat unhealthy ? :(

I noticed that You are nearing 400 days.
    Buttons61 3 hours ago has logged in for 385 days in a row!
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    And some more humor, Enjoy :)

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 62 on the news channel and 64 degrees on the front porch and back yard lowered humidity. It was Comfortable walking due to the lower humidity and temperature.

My NS order processed last night, When I eat tonight's NS frozen Dinner Entree that will be the last of the boxed meals leaving a couple of Stuffed NS Chicken Dinners

Interesting Links:
    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/844896/Dementia-news-good-night-sleep-disease-research
    Dementia news: Could good night's sleep be key to beating disease?
    A GOOD night's sleep could be the key to beating dementia, according to new research.
    21:00, Wed, Aug 23, 2017 | UPDATED: 07:16, Thu, Aug 24, 2017

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/23/media/espn-robert-lee-uva-game/index.html
    Robert Lee: ESPN under fire for taking announcer off UVA game
    by Brian Stelter @brianstelter August 23, 2017: 10:11 AM ET
    By trying to avoid an embarrassing ordeal, ESPN has embarrassed itself.

On Tuesday night, the network confirmed that its management moved an Asian-American announcer, Robert Lee, off the University of Virginia's home opener football game "simply because of the coincidence of his name."

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

My last couple days were tiring! I helped a friend with her yard Thursday! She did most of the work, I just raked piles into a big pile. But it was 2 acres. then went to a buffet style dinner, which was really good. Of course, this morning went for labs, (after the buffet , lol!!) I am thinking labs might not be too good, lol! :D

Then I shopped for Sunday guest lunch. By the time I put stuff away I was tired! Then went for Chinese with my daughter and did good till I got into into a package of chinese almond cookies. They taste similar to pecan sandies. The gentleman usually sells a pack of one by the cash register but was out. I had foregone it last week but broke down and bought the smallest pack tonite. Definitely pushed me over my limit! OOps!

Hope that Val is not too affected by the hurricane. It is always something!!

I am in serious trouble if Alzheimer's is determined by REM sleep. I might need to kiss my mind good-bye!

Great job on walking! Love your temperatures! It seems like we were just waiting for summer to arrive! Time sure flies as you get older!!

Thanks for more humor!! :) Always a good time!! Hang in there! Don't work too hard!! ..Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    And Yet more humor that my brother has sent on from his apparently Endless supply

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 62 on the news channel and 62 degrees on the front porch and back yard with low humidity. It was Comfortable walking due to the lower humidity and temperature.

My Brother had a interesting point regarding mowing the Lawn :)
    He will be out of the driveway tomorrow which will make it easier to use the driveway to turn around so, no mowing today.

Interesting Links:
    http://katv.com/news/offbeat/how-to-spot-a-gas-station-skimmer
    How to spot a gas pump skimmer
    by Brian Pia, Investigative Reporter

http://nypost.com/2017/08/24/pilot-freaks-out-passengers-with-horrific-tornado-warning/
    Pilot freaks out passengers with ‘horrific’ tornado warning
    By Yaron Steinbuch August 24, 2017 | 2:14pm Updated

Old commercials from someone elses post.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Qv3GA1RzU

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

My last couple days were tiring! I helped a friend with her yard Thursday! She did most of the work, I just raked piles into a big pile. But it was 2 acres. then went to a buffet style dinner, which was really good. Of course, this morning went for labs, (after the buffet , lol!!) I am thinking labs might not be too good, lol! :D

Then I shopped for Sunday guest lunch. By the time I put stuff away I was tired! Then went for Chinese with my daughter and did good till I got into into a package of Chinese almond cookies. They taste similar to pecan sandies. The gentleman usually sells a pack of one by the cash register but was out. I had foregone it last week but broke down and bought the smallest pack tonite. Definitely pushed me over my limit! Oops!

Hope that Val is not too affected by the hurricane. It is always something!!

I am in serious trouble if Alzheimer's is determined by REM sleep. I might need to kiss my mind good-bye!

Great job on walking! Love your temperatures! It seems like we were just waiting for summer to arrive! Time sure flies as you get older!!

Thanks for more humor!! :) Always a good time!! Hang in there! Don't work too hard!! ..Jan B)

Hi Jan
    Speaking of Buffets, I sort of want to go to the really nice Chinese American that is sort of near here. They have a Huge Selection of Foods and Desserts. I agree that Your labs may be off somewhat. If they say anything to You about the results just mention that You had a Large Buffet Dinner the Night before :)
    Are those the Cookies with a Almond baked onto the center of them?

The Hurricane, The forecasts here have been predicting Doom and Gloom for days with rain up to 40 inches. I know She bought in a non flood area. Hopefully that works and her power, and cable stay on.

You, Me and my Brother are at risk if that article is correct. If We do lose our minds I hope we remember to wave Bye Bye to them :)

The days do not have enough waking hours in them since I retired, I wonder how I did it before ?

Buttons61 11 hours ago Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 8/25/2017
    And
    Buttons61 11 hours ago burned 379 calories doing 70 minutes of yard work.
    I noticed this, It seems You burned more calories with 70 Minutes Yard Work than I did with 90 minutes walking :)

Congratulations
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Luck Val
  • hope4change_val
    Hi Jan and Roger. Thanks for thinking of me with Harvey. I'm well prepared with my house on high ground, plenty of food, water, and kibble. I have flashlights and a hand-crank radio with phone-charging ports! So far, minimal impact in San Antonio...but still forecasting 5-10 inches through Tuesday where i live. I don't have any alternate power source...it's rare that we lose power.
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

You were top on my mind, Val!! So glad you posted! I had forgotten about you being on high ground until Roger mentioned it again!! It is such a pleasure knowing someone is prepared from their own common sense!! It seems in short supply nowadays! Prayers for Texas and this hurricane to move! It is pretty frightening! I hope they do better than what is predicted! Glad you are pretty safe, Val!! <3

Large Chinese buffets are usually very interesting!! I occasionally miss the combo plates at our restaurant, but their meals are wonderful, and they are starting to recognise us and being extra friendly as we come once a week, lol! I have yet to win a smile from the older gentleman at the store parts cash register! He seems a little more outgoing to my daughter. I think I may work on thank you, have a good evening in Chinese!! :) You are right, the cookies are the ones with the little almond slice! And I ate way too many!!!

The humor page was really funny! Thank you and your brother for that endless supply!! :D
    I enjoyed those old commercials, too! How things change!!

We are a little cooler after today, which is pleasant in the 90 degree range. We are do for higher 80's and lows in the 70's, with one 68 degree nite. That is pretty good for August!! :)

Take care, good job walking!! You should count your gardening in your exercise!! :) .....Jan

• RogerToo
    And More humor and a what the image

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 59 on the news channel and 57 degrees on the front porch and back yard with low humidity. It was Comfortable walking due to the lower humidity and temperature.
    I stopped for Two Scrambled Eggs with Today's choice by me of Rye Toast and a few of the really crispy Home Fries and I broke down and used a package of Strawberry Preserves and a Grape Jam between the Two slices of Rye Toast lightly spread for the taste.

Today's High is forecast to be in the 70s and I expect it may be all of 70 when I go out to mow later :)

No chance of rain for a couple of days. The Cherry Tomatoes are in high production mode along with the Zukes and Peppers. We have been handing them off to friends to keep them from being wasted. Usually a Pint container of the cherry tomatoes at a time along with a couple of Zukes and 5 or 6 of the Green Mild Chili Peppers. The Onion Sets that were planted in June have finished growing and the tops on most of them have died down. The Carrots are ready to eat so We can pull them as needed. Some of the Corn has ears of corn growing on them. Hopefully the Four Legged critters do not get to them before They mature and I get them picked.

My Brother had a interesting point regarding mowing the Lawn :)
    He will be out of the driveway today which will make it easier to use the driveway to turn around so, I will be mowing today when he goes to the Grocery Store. I expect it will be nice and cool even at 10 or 11AM.

Interesting Links:
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/mayor-tells-evacuating-hurricane-harvey-put-social-security/story?id=49417573
    Mayor tells those not evacuating for hurricane to put Social Security numbers on arms
    By Meghan Keneally Aug 25, 2017, 1:58 PM ET

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Post-flooding-beware-of-Houston-s-annoying-7257898.php
    Post-flood reminder: Beware of Houston's annoying, slightly dangerous wildlife
    By Craig Hlavaty, Chron.com / Houston Chronicle Updated 4:29 pm, Friday, August 25, 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4823890/Anxious-gut-bacteria-blame.html
    Anxious? Your gut bacteria may be to blame: Study shows clear link between genes that regulate emotions and microbiota in the intestines
    A study clearly shows that bacteria in the gut can play a major role in anxiety
    Scientists discovered that certain gene regulators play a key role in anxiety-type illness and are impacted by bacteria levels in the gut
    This new research comes at a time of growing interest in how gut health impacts mental health
    By Abigail Miller For Dailymail.com Published: 13:36 EDT, 25 August 2017 | Updated: 09:34 EDT, 26 August 2017

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan and Roger. Thanks for thinking of me with Harvey. I'm well prepared with my house on high ground, plenty of food, water, and kibble. I have flashlights and a hand-crank radio with phone-charging ports! So far, minimal impact in San Antonio...but still forecasting 5-10 inches through Tuesday where i live. I don't have any alternate power source...it's rare that we lose power.

FWIW I also have a AM/FM/Weather Radio With a charging port that has a hand crank, Battery and Solar panel for power too. It was a Gift from my Brother after Sandy Took out our power for all those days.

I have been switching over to LED flashlights as they drain the battery much slower.

I thought I remembered You mentioning that once if Your criteria when You bought was to well above flood lines.

It is rare we lose power here too. However when we do it is often a for several days due to widespread storm damage. PSE&G our Gas & Electric Company has been working since Sandy adding Redundancy to the system to help prevent or shorten outages. They have been putting in tall Wooden poles as a part of the effort and a lot of their poles that are not shadowed have solar panels too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2017
    Good morning!!

You were top on my mind, Val!! So glad you posted! I had forgotten about you being on high ground until Roger mentioned it again!! It is such a pleasure knowing someone is prepared from their own common sense!! It seems in short supply nowadays! Prayers for Texas and this hurricane to move! It is pretty frightening! I hope they do better than what is predicted! Glad you are pretty safe, Val!! <3

Large Chinese buffets are usually very interesting!! I occasionally miss the combo plates at our restaurant, but their meals are wonderful, and they are starting to recognise us and being extra friendly as we come once a week, lol! I have yet to win a smile from the older gentleman at the store parts cash register! He seems a little more outgoing to my daughter. I think I may work on thank you, have a good evening in Chinese!! :) You are right, the cookies are the ones with the little almond slice! And I ate way too many!!!

The humor page was really funny! Thank you and your brother for that endless supply!! :D
    I enjoyed those old commercials, too! How things change!!

We are a little cooler after today, which is pleasant in the 90 degree range. We are do for higher 80's and lows in the 70's, with one 68 degree nite. That is pretty good for August!! :)

Take care, good job walking!! You should count your gardening in your exercise!! :) .....Jan
    Hi Jan
    Congrats on lowered Temps. I am loving the forecast overnight lows where every night is in the 60s, Great for August and early September here.

I'm glad You are enjoying the humor
    Just for Fun, Can You guess what is wrong with the first Humor I posted?

I have posted my walking time and later on when I Mow I will add it as a new item Exercise Item to the home page :)

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/06/thank-you-chinese/395660/
    How 'Thank You' Sounds to Chinese Ears
    In America, saying thank you is routine. In China, it can be puzzling.
    The first Mandarin term that Westerners usually learn is ni hǎo, the greeting, It sounds to me like they are saying Knee How in English FWIW. The second is probably xiexie, or thank you.
    I remember working with Chinese and when they answered the phone they would say the greeting “Wei! which sounds like Whey in English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHHsLcFRFdg
    How to Say "Thank You" | Mandarin Chinese

Congrats on this:
    10 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 8/26/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Sunday evening- still raining in San Antonio. Luckily the rain rate is slow enough for most of the city to keep up. My doggies do not appreciate having to potty in the rain. But, they oblige....and then we all go back to bed. Watching the Houston floods is heartbreaking.