Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    And still more humor today

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 66 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch, FWIW.

We had Rain overnight, That means another couple days we do not need to water the Garden :)
    According to my brother it rained around 2:30 AM, The streets were dry when I went out this morning. I slept later than usual too.

Some interesting reading by following the links below.
    http://www.wdrb.com/story/36096476/alleged-purse-thief-accidentally-photo-bombs-group-pic-on-4th-street
    Alleged purse thief accidentally photo-bombs group pic on 4th Street
    Posted: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 9:15 AM EDT

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/08/09/fire-evil-spirits/
    Residents Who Lost Home In Fire Were Trying To Ward Off Evil Spirits
    August 9, 2017 10:10 PM

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/08/10/us-north-korea-tensions-bunker-fallout-shelter-business-spike/
    California Bunker Business Sees Spike As Tensions Rise With North Korea
    August 10, 2017 11:41 AM

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/08/09/vegetarian-depression-meat-study/
    Vegetarians Are Nearly Twice As Likely To Be Depressed As Meat-Eaters, Study Finds
    August 9, 2017 3:09 PM

Weird
    http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9570
    'Fat Studies' course deems 'weightism' a 'social justice issue'
    Dan Jackson Campus Reform Intern @MrDanJackson
    on Aug 09, 2017 at 4:10 PM EDT

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!!

Maybe they should bring back the truth is stranger than fiction and apply it to the news for a new show, lol!!

We had awesome rain here, about 2 inches. It came down so fast we had flash floods. South of here it was even more, up to 5 inches. I had watered first, of course, lol!!

The foot feels much better now, as the swelling has gone down. Always a good thing!!

Glad they jailed the cake stealers. They deserved it for language and stupidity. Almost as bad as the million dollar bum. What was he thinking?? The cop story was just weird. That is a dude with some serious perception problems. Reminds me of the quote, "We're all crazy here!" :p

Have a great weekend!! ...Jan :)

Hi Jan
    We have a off and on thing on the Local Cable News Show called "Three Things to Know"

You do know that it would not have rained if You had not watered :)

There are some stupid people out there doing things for social media posts. I include the Crooks that are so stupid they Brag on social media :)

I hope the cake thieves take notice and get smart, OTOH I do not think they will :(

Good News about Your Foot
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!

Well, yesterday was a strange day! My doc was in court, so my trip was wasted, and they rescheduled. I guess they thought she would be done. I did pick up a few items from the store so my trip was not in vain. I wish I had remembered Tylenol. ! have motrin and aspirin, but they raise my B/P so I hate to take it. The funny thing is, all this has aggravated my old ankle injury. That is what hurts, not so much the bite injury. I guess maybe the swelling and a few days of walking funny. Always something! :#

I am sure I should not laugh at the first 2 posts, but I could not help it! The photo bomb was priceless! OTOH, who puts their purse down with $200.00 in it on a lamp post just so it is not in a picture? The veggie one did not go to a post about being dumber, lol. It went to a video, though I only got the audio, about a veggie burger developed by Silicon Valley using a plant based molecule similar to myoglobin found in meat. It cost something like almost $200,000 to develope. They served the veggie burger at two restaurants for 16-20 dollars, and were sold out in 30 minutes. It tastes and looks like a real hamburger, complete with juice! Interesting, pricey!

The bunkers reminded me a little of us hiding under our desks in the 50's and 60's in case of nuclear attack! I see needing a social injustice for heavy people slot! Wish they would focus on a magic bullet that just safely disposed of excess calories into space or something, lol! :D

Great constant walking! You must not be having too much trouble with animals pilfering the garden. Did that stop finally?

Have a good Sunday!! It is hot and humid, in the 90's with 75- 80% humidity. Yuck.. The bugs and mosquitoes love it though! :D ...Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    I did post more humor however

Hi
    I did not do any walking today, I had a bad sleepless night and have now got a sore throat. The temperature this morning was 70 on the news channel and 70 degrees on the front porch, FWIW.

Some interesting reading by following the links below.
    http://www.sfgate.com/science/article/106-year-old-Antarctica-fruitcake-looks-good-11751157.php
    106-year-old Antarctic fruitcake found, might be edible
    Newly discovered artifact of South Pole expedition in 'excellent condition'
    By Mike Moffitt, SFGATE Updated 12:43 pm, Friday, August 11, 2017

http://news.sky.com/story/goldfish-go-over-the-drink-drive-limit-to-survive-under-ice-10983292
    Goldfish turn to alcohol to get through winter in icy ponds
    During the winter, goldfish and their relatives can have a blood-alcohol concentration beyond the legal limit for drink driving.
    22:54, UK, Friday 11 August 2017

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-food-idUSKBN1AR11X?il=0
    Jeffrey Dastin August 11, 2017 / 11:05 AM / in 14 hours
    Amazon looks to new food technology for home delivery

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Well, yesterday was a strange day! My doc was in court, so my trip was wasted, and they rescheduled. I guess they thought she would be done. I did pick up a few items from the store so my trip was not in vain. I wish I had remembered Tylenol. ! have motrin and aspirin, but they raise my B/P so I hate to take it. The funny thing is, all this has aggravated my old ankle injury. That is what hurts, not so much the bite injury. I guess maybe the swelling and a few days of walking funny. Always something! :#

I am sure I should not laugh at the first 2 posts, but I could not help it! The photo bomb was priceless! OTOH, who puts their purse down with $200.00 in it on a lamp post just so it is not in a picture? The veggie one did not go to a post about being dumber, lol. It went to a video, though I only got the audio, about a veggie burger developed by Silicon Valley using a plant based molecule similar to myoglobin found in meat. It cost something like almost $200,000 to develope. They served the veggie burger at two restaurants for 16-20 dollars, and were sold out in 30 minutes. It tastes and looks like a real hamburger, complete with juice! Interesting, pricey!

The bunkers reminded me a little of us hiding under our desks in the 50's and 60's in case of nuclear attack! I see needing a social injustice for heavy people slot! Wish they would focus on a magic bullet that just safely disposed of excess calories into space or something, lol! :D

Great constant walking! You must not be having too much trouble with animals pilfering the garden. Did that stop finally?

Have a good Sunday!! It is hot and humid, in the 90's with 75- 80% humidity. Yuck.. The bugs and mosquitoes love it though! :D ...Jan B)
    Hi Jan
    I'm sorry to hear about Your semi wasted doctor trip.

I'll be really brief at this point as I think I'm going back to bed.

You can not cure stupid :)

What was it duck and cover back then as I recall it?

Still having critter problems. My brother threw away a 1/2 eaten large nicely ripened tomato yesterday, He was not happy. I keep seeing 1/2 eaten blackberries too.

Does that mean You won't be buying that veggie burger ? :)

I'll be really brief at this point as I think I'm going back to bed.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hello!

I hate when you do not sleep well and you just feel yucky. Sounds like a cold coming on!! Get plenty of rest and I hope you feel better!! :) ..Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Jan-so sorry to hear about your foot. Take care! Frustrating to go to the doctor without seeing the doctor. Roger- lots of interesting reading...i need to double-back to read some. I took Friday off..had planned a beach trip...woke with a dreadful headache and body ache. Same all day Saturday. Today it was clearly a sinus infection. Doing my sinus washes. Then most of today...no water. Water company working nearby experienced a problem. Water is not clear at all...so, I'm imposing that we only drink bottled water...and even boiling the dog water. Also on Friday (my day off), boss called and said she has no work for me for at least a week. I found work for Monday, but we'll see.
  • Buttons61
    Well, It is evening, and I checked in again!

Val, Don't find too much work!!! Is your boss giving you time off? That would be a big yay!!!! :# Sorry about your water. What a pain! I hope you are over your sinus infection soon also! You sure do not want to be ill during possible time off!!

Interesting reading from Amazon, though that does not seem like a huge line of food. Seems a little odd. Also the package said to refrigerate, and the article was about not needing refrigeration. Maybe I miss read it or it was after opening. I am back tracking to read the other articles and also going for humor.

I hope everyone feels better!!! :/ ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Thanks Jan...in this business, this is exactly how they get rid of employees...they give the person no assignments, then the person runs out of forced vacation, so they are switched to a Casual employee (no benefits and only paid for time worked).
  • RogerToo
    I did post more humor, luckily it easy to do

Hi
    I did not do any walking today, I still have a sore throat. The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 65 degrees on the front porch, FWIW.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!

I hate when you do not sleep well and you just feel yucky. Sounds like a cold coming on!! Get plenty of rest and I hope you feel better!! :) ..Jan

Hi Jan
    Wish me luck feeling better soon, Wednesday it is forecast to hit 90 and humid :(

Thanks
    Well, It is evening, and I checked in again!

Val, Don't find too much work!!! Is your boss giving you time off? That would be a big yay!!!! :# Sorry about your water. What a pain! I hope you are over your sinus infection soon also! You sure do not want to be ill during possible time off!!

Interesting reading from Amazon, though that does not seem like a huge line of food. Seems a little odd. Also the package said to refrigerate, and the article was about not needing refrigeration. Maybe I miss read it or it was after opening. I am back tracking to read the other articles and also going for humor.

I hope everyone feels better!!! :/ ...Jan

I guess I need to go back and read it again too. Maybe they meant refrigerate any unused portion after opening. The N foods say that as if there would be any left over. Plus who but the most stupid does not refrigerate unused foods?

Enjoy the Humor
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Jan-so sorry to hear about your foot. Take care! Frustrating to go to the doctor without seeing the doctor. Roger- lots of interesting reading...i need to double-back to read some. I took Friday off..had planned a beach trip...woke with a dreadful headache and body ache. Same all day Saturday. Today it was clearly a sinus infection. Doing my sinus washes. Then most of today...no water. Water company working nearby experienced a problem. Water is not clear at all...so, I'm imposing that we only drink bottled water...and even boiling the dog water. Also on Friday (my day off), boss called and said she has no work for me for at least a week. I found work for Monday, but we'll see.

Hi Val
    There have been lots of water main breaks in NJ and NYC. Many of the water mains are really old.
    We have been drinking bottled water from 1/2 liter bottles for may years. Not the Water is unsafe, it just does not taste good :)

I have heard of that happening. In Your case I thought they likes Your work ?
    Thanks Jan...in this business, this is exactly how they get rid of employees...they give the person no assignments, then the person runs out of forced vacation, so they are switched to a Casual employee (no benefits and only paid for time worked).

I hope You are wrong and that is not what they are doing ...

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi More humor today

Hi
    I did not do any walking today, I still have a sore throat. The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 65 degrees on the front porch, FWIW.

http://time.com/4872545/neurotic-longer-life/
    Being Neurotic May Help You Live Longer
    Amanda MacMillan Jul 25, 2017

Did anybody notice these posts here?
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10588037/food-ideas-and-tweaks#latest

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10587082/ah-here-you-are-fellow-ns-buddies#latest

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Congratulations

Buttons61 16 hours ago
    burned 141 calories doing 25 minutes of Walking, 2.5 mph, leisurely pace
  • Buttons61
    edited August 2017
    Good Morning for Weds.!

I hope you are feeling a little better, Roger! Hopefully you are not running a temperature anymore! It is crummy to feel bad in the summer. At least in the winter you can cover up and feel more justified!!

It is in the lower 90's with the humidity in the high 70's. Kind of yucky. It is cooler in the mornings and evenings but the humidity then is in the 80's and 90's. I am turning more and more into an air conditioned hot house plant, lol!

Interesting posts. I know there are a lot of NS people here, but I am not sure what posts they are on. It is hard for me, time wise to be adding much more, lol. Church and rescue seems to take a lot of my day, too. I try not to be hooked to the computer in excess time-wise, but it seems I am, actually!! :#

Worried about you, Val. I hope your boss is giving you a deserved rest, and not doing anything else. <3 Hang in there! You are such a good employee!! I hope you are feeling better, too!

This week is not quiet, which I was hoping for. My foot feels better, just aggravated now by prior injuries.

Hang in there, all. Some weeks you just have to take it easy or in stride. Have a good day!! ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    And even more humor with a Video at the end that ties into the image above it :)

Hi
    I still did not do any walking today, I still have a sore throat. The temperature this morning was 70 on the news channel and 72 degrees on the front porch, FWIW. I can see we had some light rain overnight.

I went looking for some Blackberries this morning, I found one ripe one and several not ripe. It appears that production is done for the year.

FWIW I went to the medical place as I am still feeling poorly, Tired, Sore Throat and weak. I took the visit to the Medical place as a excuse to stop for Fruits on the way to Pharmacy.
    I'm back, the rapid strep throat test came back negative, The throat is inflamed and for now they are trying Amoxicillin. Wish me luck.
    BTW I do not know if it is different here in NJ than Where You are?
    Here they do not give You a written Prescription, It is sent to You Pharmacy electronically. That sort of Hinders shopping around. I do know not to use CVS as they are high. I paid $11 for the last and the current pills at the local pharmacy.

I picked up a bag of Mineola's. A couple of Pink Lady Apples, a Couple of Nectarines and some greenish Bananas. They also had some decent sized Salads that run 210 to 290 calories per servings AKA bowl. They were Bacon & Turkey Cobb Salad, Cranberry & Walnut Salad and a Caprese Salad so I thought I would try them. I have had all three types from other sources and liked them.
    Signature Farms Cranberry Walnut Salad
    More of a side dish than a meal, this salad is fresh, but the toppings are chintzy. The raspberry vinaigrette is much too sweet and lacks acid. A 4.5 ounce salad has 210 calories, 9 g fat, 450 mg sodium, 7 g protein.
    from elsewhere http://www.shopwell.com/signature-cafe-bowl-cranberry-walnut-salad/salads/p/2113033682

Signature Farms
    Cafe Bowl Caprese Salad
    https://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/signature-farms/cafe-bowl-caprese-salad.

Signature Farms
    Turkey & Bacon Cobb Salad
    https://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/signature-farms/turkey-and-bacon-cobb-salad

This one is the highest in calories and Sodium, I suspect due to the bacon.

FWIW SIGNATURE FARMS QUALITY GUARANTEED is a trademark of Safeway Inc.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning for Weds.!

I hope you are feeling a little better, Roger! Hopefully you are not running a temperature anymore! It is crummy to feel bad in the summer. At least in the winter you can cover up and feel more justified!!

It is in the lower 90's with the humidity in the high 70's. Kind of yucky. It is cooler in the mornings and evenings but the humidity then is in the 80's and 90's. I am turning more and more into an air conditioned hot house plant, lol!

Interesting posts. I know there are a lot of NS people here, but I am not sure what posts they are on. It is hard for me, time wise to be adding much more, lol. Church and rescue seems to take a lot of my day, too. I try not to be hooked to the computer in excess time-wise, but it seems I am, actually!! :#

Worried about you, Val. I hope your boss is giving you a deserved rest, and not doing anything else. <3 Hang in there! You are such a good employee!! I hope you are feeling better, too!

This week is not quiet, which I was hoping for. My foot feels better, just aggravated now by prior injuries.

Hang in there, all. Some weeks you just have to take it easy or in stride. Have a good day!! ..Jan

Hi Jan
    I hope this Antibiotic helps.
    I do not seem to have been running a temperature. If I gave that impression I apologize. What I have had is a sore throat, Weak, Eyes hurt, can't sleep and feeling weak.

I hope he same thing for Val.

on the plus side Your foot is better.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Glad you are on antibiotics. Not to worry on the temp, I probably misread it! You might have just said you were feeling warm!! Much to my dismay, I find my mind making some pretty funny leaps sometimes! I hope it is not the beginning of anything else, hopefully just Old-Timers!!

I had to go downtown Monday and parked in a parking deck. I was about 15 minutes later than I have been at other times, so I got the 4 th floor instead of the 1st. And wouldn't you know, the elevators were out! The steps were steep and open and wound around. I had to stop and breathe at the 3rd floor. I also have vertigo from my meds and allergies, so it was a trip. All yesterday my legs hurt so badly I could not stand hardly and by the end of the day I could not get up off the couch! It did finally dawn on me it was the stairs. I can not believe my legs, knees and back hurt so badly. I guess I need some stairs to climb to exercise!! :*

Today I am staying with my friend. She has hospice coming, they made the decision this week. She has a third tumor growing in her brain, and the 2nd has regrown into an area they can not do anything with. It is awful. She is one of the warmest and sweetest people I know. It is just unbelievable she was fine one day, then dying the next, though she has lived a little over a year with this. Though probably not much longer. Her first husband had died of
    cancer, as had her current husband's first wife. So hard to believe they are going thru this all again. So true when they say how important our health is when we are older. :|

Thanks for posting all the humor!! Some really great ones!!
    Hope you feel better soon!! ..Jan :)

• RogerToo
    Good morning!

Glad you are on antibiotics. Not to worry on the temp, I probably misread it! You might have just said you were feeling warm!! Much to my dismay, I find my mind making some pretty funny leaps sometimes! I hope it is not the beginning of anything else, hopefully just Old-Timers!!

I had to go downtown Monday and parked in a parking deck. I was about 15 minutes later than I have been at other times, so I got the 4 th floor instead of the 1st. And wouldn't you know, the elevators were out! The steps were steep and open and wound around. I had to stop and breathe at the 3rd floor. I also have vertigo from my meds and allergies, so it was a trip. All yesterday my legs hurt so badly I could not stand hardly and by the end of the day I could not get up off the couch! It did finally dawn on me it was the stairs. I can not believe my legs, knees and back hurt so badly. I guess I need some stairs to climb to exercise!! :*

Today I am staying with my friend. She has hospice coming, they made the decision this week. She has a third tumor growing in her brain, and the 2nd has regrown into an area they can not do anything with. It is awful. She is one of the warmest and sweetest people I know. It is just unbelievable she was fine one day, then dying the next, though she has lived a little over a year with this. Though probably not much longer. Her first husband had died of
    cancer, as had her current husband's first wife. So hard to believe they are going thru this all again. So true when they say how important our health is when we are older. :|

Thanks for posting all the humor!! Some really great ones!!
    Hope you feel better soon!! ..Jan :)
    Hi Jan
    I would have hated that parking garage too and I climb up and down a flight of stairs multiple time a day here in the house.

I hope Your legs get better quickly.

That darn cancer, I believe it is caused by at least three things. Environment, Genetics and Virus or Bacteria.

Health is very important to me :)

Be Strong
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    More Humor is posted, the last image I had a hard time getting the problem so Just in case You can see what the problem is by clicking the Show Button on the Satellite

Hi
    I did a little walking today, I still have a sore throat. The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch.

Poor Loser or justified
    http://www.sgvtribune.com/general-news/20170814/former-los-altos-baseball-player-sues-coach-after-being-benched-claims-bullying
    Former Los Altos baseball player sues coach after being benched, claims bullying
    By Hayley Munguia, The San Gabriel Valley Tribune
    Posted: 08/14/17, 3:13 PM PDT Updated: 15 hrs ago

A former Los Altos High School student and baseball player is suing the school district and his former coach for hundreds of thousands of dollars because the coach repeatedly benched him.

According to the suit, the school’s head varsity baseball coach, Gabriel Lopez, repeatedly refused to let 17-year-old Robbie Lopez, no relation, play throughout his senior year. The suit claims this constituted a pattern of “harassment and bullying.”

The teenager and his parents are seeking $150,000 or more, according to the suit.

Hacienda La Puente Unified athletic director Andrew Formano and assistant superintendent of human resources Jill Rojas both said they could not comment on the matter. Gabriel Lopez did not respond to a request for comment.

How it's made: Decorative Eggs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjXYjTGYpVk

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger