Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!!

Ah!! Leave it to you Roger to find my fruits so I don't have to wonder! I paid $3.50 for my dragon fruit. It was the rambutans I bought! I have not tried them yet, I will today! They were $3.00 for 4. They also had the mangosteens which were about $8.00 for about 20-25 or so. I did not try them. I just like to try new things. I love when Jenny (daughter) goes with me, as she is very knowledgeable about Asian stuff! We bought their green beans which were about a foot long and they were wonderful! About $2.00 for about 4 lbs.
    Hi Jan
    How did I find them, I remembered Your description and when I looked up the Mangosteens Amazon had the Rambutans shown as a also bought item.
    Loved the picture of the USS Alabama. I have been several times, but I really liked the picture of it camouflaged. I never saw that before! They have added quite a few displays at the park, so it is very interesting, planes and helicopters and of course they have the small sub! ***** British TV is just cool!! :)

Funny how hospital jobs are.... I just ran into my last night supervisor at Public's. One of the best nurses I ever worked with had been fired from the last place I worked. (that I left Jackson Hosp. for). Now she is working at Jackson, my original place I left from!! That happened to several nurses. All hospitals here pretty much work you to death, then fire you. Especially really good nurses. It is policy I swear to use you up, then discard. They have to make a clean sweep every now and then as the people left speak up for workers rights and fairness. Upper management is a real farce at times. Not all companies, but apparently quite a few. Education is the same here. LOL -- if it were not so sad!! :s

Val, keep your cool till you see how things are! I do not know how available jobs are in your area. It would be rough to relocate. But I sure would start checking what is out there. It is possible something new could change your life!
    For the old there is biofeedback, lol! o:)

Hang tough all!! ..Jan B)

I'm glad You liked it.

I'm wondering if You meant Publix rather than Public's.

Sadly that is the way of the world anymore. They have decided that it is cheaper to burn out a worker and Replace them with a new cheaper worker.

The world has completely changed from when a company valued it's employees.

I saw this news.
    http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2017/07/too_fat_to_ride_at_owa_alabama.html
    Too fat to ride at OWA? Alabama's new amusement park's rules prompt outrage
    Updated on July 27, 2017 at 3:36 PM Posted on July 27, 2017 at 6:00 AM

OWA, Alabama's newest amusement park, has been only open for one week, but it's operators are knee-deep in a controversy over gender-specific weight restrictions for its rides.

"This is not a park for fat people," a social media poster said.

"I'm a thick woman. Just wondering now if I will be able to ride," another question.

"OWA people are ignorant," slammed another.

The 21-ride Park at OWA, which opened Friday, issued a response to its ride restrictions earlier this week. Those restrictions amounted to suggestions that "guests of larger size" might not be accommodated for certain rides.

But it's the descriptive nature that got park's operators, Creek Indian Enterprise Development Authority, into hot water. Specifically, the park stated that guests who exceeded 6 feet, 2 inches in height and weighed over 225 pounds and had a 40-inch waistline or a 52-inch chest, could face restrictions.

The restrictions went further by singling out women who weigh 200 pounds or those who wear a size 18 or larger.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited July 2017
    Good morning!

I never heard the story about the park. How weird is that, being I am right here! Well, I already know I would not fit on some rides. I had that happen when the girls were younger. Rather embarrassing. I guess they usually wait until the bar does not close. then it becomes obvious. I guess they could have stated it better, lol! :#

Sounds like you are having nice weather! I am still envious of those 60's. We had a real cool spell. We are in the low 90's and 89 ish, but it did push out a lot of the humid air to a more comfortable level. I will take it where I can!

Today was long, and tomorrow I sit with my friend for the late afternoon. Then hopefully a few days rest, rest being just home. :) Thanks for the humor, yay!! ;) ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    I posted seem more humor and two links today

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 66 on the news channel and 64 degrees on the front porch.
    It was pleasant walking this morning.
    Yesterday I fixed one of the showers. The Pipe that comes out of the wall to old the Diverter that diverts between the Shower Head and the Hand wand had corroded at the end where the diverter attaches and was leaking. I ordered a New Pipe and when I went to change it the pipe broke off at the fitting in the wall :( So I ordered a set of Easy Outs and they worked to remove the broken off end of the pipe. Some Teflon Tape on the new pipe to prevent leaks and all is now installed and working again.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/28/ferrari-driver-crashes-288000-supercar-just-an-hour-after-purchase.html
    Ferrari driver wrecks supercar just an hour after he bought it
    Owner had possession of car for just one hour
    Car one of only 499 ever built
    Police believe excess speed not a factor
    David Reid | @cnbcdavy Friday, 28 Jul 2017 | 11:46 AM ET

A driver in the United Kingdom has destroyed his Ferrari supercar in an accident after owning it for just one hour.
    Police in South Yorkshire said the driver was able to walk away with just cuts and bruises after the Ferrari 430 "went airborne and burst into flames" in South Yorkshire on Thursday.
    xWEh5E.jpg
    It's unclear what he paid for the car, but it was one of only 499 ever sold with an original list price of $288,000. These cars currently fetch between $80,000 to $220,000 according to one dealer.
    In a statement on Facebook police added: "Officers asked the driver what sort of car he 'had' to which he replied 'It was a Ferrari'."
    "Detecting a sense of damaged pride he then said 'I've only just got it, picked it up an hour ago'."
    The Ferrari 430 Scuderia can reach 60 miles per hour in 3.3 seconds and has a reported top speed of 198 miles per hour.
    But in an update Friday, police said they "do not believe excess speed was a contributory factor in this collision."

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

I never heard the story about the park. How weird is that, being I am right here! Well, I already know I would not fit on some rides. I had that happen when the girls were younger. Rather embarrassing. I guess they usually wait until the bar does not close. then it becomes obvious. I guess they could have stated it better, lol! :#

Sounds like you are having nice weather! I am still envious of those 60's. We had a real cool spell. We are in the low 90's and 89 ish, but it did push out a lot of the humid air to a more comfortable level. I will take it where I can!

Today was long, and tomorrow I sit with my friend for the late afternoon. Then hopefully a few days rest, rest being just home. :) Thanks for the humor, yay!! ;) ...Jan

Hi Jan
    I went to post my reply and it said I needed permission to do that :(
    I copied my reply, logged out and back in and All seems to working once again. I managed to whoops my reply and now I have to do it again from scratch, Darn it

I see You hot 360 logins, Yea!

My brother manages or maybe seeks is the right word weird news and sends me links to them.

Our forecast high is in the upper 80s for today and then Tuesday and Wednesday 90 degrees, Yuck.

Add in the forecast rise in humidity starting tomorrow and Darn it.

That poor Ferrari Owner...

Enjoy the Day
    Roger

Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Ouch! Okay, that Ferrari owner story is definitely weird. I have never seen a car so incinerated! How in the world did that driver walk away. There had to be something wrong with the car to have ignited it so, unless he was cooking something in there, or was in the midst of a terrorism gone wrong! Imagine having that much money to buy a car. I am thinking he was insured...

Nice fix on the pipes! It sounds so simple when you do it! My fixes often have trouble, lol! I did solve one of my problems in the bathroom. I managed to buy a nice small dehumidifier from Amazon that was just plug in. Not too many controls. Just off/on and a turnoff when it is full. The drawer just pulls out to empty. It is whisper quiet and so far works like a charm. I bought it because my bathroom would not stay mildew free for even a week after cleaning. I have a good inch of water after 24 hours, so pleased- and no mildew yet. Actually it was black mold, it was so bad. I never had the problem even in Louisiana. So weird. I want to buy one for my sink area in the kitchen, as the entire sink and drainers do the same, just after a day or so. But that unit will have to be larger. Bless Amazon!!

So sorry your humidity and temps are coming back!! One more month and perhaps you will be looking at fall!! We might, too, after October, lol!

Stay safe! I am trying hard to have a less calorie day today. o:) Thanks for more humor! The last ones were really good!!! I am on my way there now!! :) Yep, almost one year log in!! Knock on wood....Jan
  • RogerToo
    Well more humor and one historical image posted today

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 72 on the news channel and 69 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4739766/Low-energy-LED-lightbulbs-giving-HEADACHES.html
    By Victoria Allen Science Correspondent For The Daily Mail
    Published: 09:48 EDT, 28 July 2017 | Updated: 17:46 EDT, 28 July 2017
    Low energy LED lightbulbs could be giving us all HEADACHES because they flicker too much, expert warns

http://khn.org/news/double-booked-when-surgeons-operate-on-two-patients-at-once/
    Double-Booked: When Surgeons Operate On Two Patients At Once
    By Sandra G. Boodman July 12, 2017
    July 28, 2017 / 8:50 PM / 3 days ago
    Honolulu targets 'smartphone zombies' with crosswalk ban

You can visit the links for details.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Ouch! Okay, that Ferrari owner story is definitely weird. I have never seen a car so incinerated! How in the world did that driver walk away. There had to be something wrong with the car to have ignited it so, unless he was cooking something in there, or was in the midst of a terrorism gone wrong! Imagine having that much money to buy a car. I am thinking he was insured...

Nice fix on the pipes! It sounds so simple when you do it! My fixes often have trouble, lol! I did solve one of my problems in the bathroom. I managed to buy a nice small dehumidifier from Amazon that was just plug in. Not too many controls. Just off/on and a turnoff when it is full. The drawer just pulls out to empty. It is whisper quiet and so far works like a charm. I bought it because my bathroom would not stay mildew free for even a week after cleaning. I have a good inch of water after 24 hours, so pleased- and no mildew yet. Actually it was black mold, it was so bad. I never had the problem even in Louisiana. So weird. I want to buy one for my sink area in the kitchen, as the entire sink and drainers do the same, just after a day or so. But that unit will have to be larger. Bless Amazon!!

So sorry your humidity and temps are coming back!! One more month and perhaps you will be looking at fall!! We might, too, after October, lol!

Stay safe! I am trying hard to have a less calorie day today. o:) Thanks for more humor! The last ones were really good!!! I am on my way there now!! :) Yep, almost one year log in!! Knock on wood....Jan

Hi Jan
    That car does not look any worse than some I see on the news from the New York City TV Stations. It was more interesting due to cost and ownership duration.

I wonder if You have a inoperative Ventilation Fan in the bathroom?

Good Luck with the Dehumidifiers
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

It is slowly getting more humid again here! But we have had some really nice days with the sun out and the temps down! I have to remember to water, as our daily thunderstorms have not been coming to water for me!! It did make me somewhat lazy, lol!

Well, I am thankful I do not have to drive where you see all these wrecked cars! Having coverage from the NY news stations has the good and the bad!! ;)

I think my fans seem to be pulling okay. I think I am just in a damp area, and the house fluctuates with the outside humidity, maybe not the greatest insulation or sealing of the concrete slab? I know I wish they had protected the slab my front porch is on. It has continual ground moisture. Bummer!

Question! When you put in caulking in the bathroom, do you need the gun to do it, or can you do it by hand? The container is large and I am not too sure how squeezable. I need the lowdown! :#

I noticed the <3 820 logins on Tuesday!! <3 ...Nice job!! Jan
  • RogerToo
    More humor and a link once again

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 73 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning with humidity in the uncomfortable range. It also drizzled on me while I was walking too.

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/annabel-scott/1332-counties-will-have-only-one-health-insurer-option-under-obamacare-2018
    1,332 Counties Will Have Only One Health Insurer Option Under Obamacare in 2018
    By Annabel Scott | July 31, 2017 | 10:58 AM EDT

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article164576067.html
    Lawrence man arrested twice in one day for naked Sunday strolls down Mass Street

By Sarah Gish
    July 31, 2017 2:00 PM
    A 34-year-old man was arrested twice on Sunday afternoon for walking naked through downtown Lawrence, causing a stir among the shops and restaurants.

“Jaws dropped,” says Sophie Milstein, a server at 715 Restaurant, at 715 Massachusetts St. “It was from a movie or something.”

According to police, Christopher Steven Carlson of Lawrence was first taken into custody at around 2 p.m. Sunday on Massachusetts near Ninth Street. He was cited for indecent exposure, fined $500 and released.

Within minutes, photos started circulating on Snapchat and Facebook. An image of a bearded man walking nude past Garry Gribble’s Running Sports, 839 Massachusetts St., was posted to the Facebook page Lawrence KS Community & Police Scanner, and had more than 900 shares by noon on Monday.
    “It’s one thing to streak, run, jog,” another man posted. “But to stroll, walk, electric slide — c’mon, man.”

According to police, Carlson was cited again for indecent exposure and theft of services at around 4:30 p.m. Sunday, when he was spotted sans clothes on West 10th Street just west of Massachusetts. The police were called after a driver with Ground Transportation Services reported that he had taken a 34-year-old man from the Douglas County Jail to downtown.

According to a police report, the driver said the man didn’t have money to pay his fare, “took off his clothes and left the vehicle.”

https://www.axios.com/many-americans-are-too-drugged-out-to-work-2467304330.html
    Steve LeVine Jul 30
    Many Americans are too drugged-out to work

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

It is slowly getting more humid again here! But we have had some really nice days with the sun out and the temps down! I have to remember to water, as our daily thunderstorms have not been coming to water for me!! It did make me somewhat lazy, lol!

Well, I am thankful I do not have to drive where you see all these wrecked cars! Having coverage from the NY news stations has the good and the bad!! ;)

I think my fans seem to be pulling okay. I think I am just in a damp area, and the house fluctuates with the outside humidity, maybe not the greatest insulation or sealing of the concrete slab? I know I wish they had protected the slab my front porch is on. It has continual ground moisture. Bummer!

Question! When you put in caulking in the bathroom, do you need the gun to do it, or can you do it by hand? The container is large and I am not too sure how squeezable. I need the lowdown! :#

I noticed the <3 820 logins on Tuesday!! <3 ...Nice job!! Jan

Hi Jan
    The roads around here are full of idiot drivers that dart across three lanes into their exit.

I suppose You could be, OTOH Concrete does allow moisture through. You could have a high ground water level.

I saw this, Congratulations
    10 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 8/01/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Roger

Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!!

You are right! I do have a high water table now that you mention it!

I did get the grass cut as the yard guys finally came. They were kind of a week late. The grass got pretty high! So glad it is cut! I do need to get out and water today. I am putching.. doing little things around the house! I fell asleep really late for some reason, and woke early. That does not make me too ambitious! I did get a few things trimmed in the back yard! I really want to fall asleep more than anything else!!

Crazy news!! And so glad the naked guy was not from Alabama!! The people not wanting to take drug tests does not surprise me...sorry to say!!

Headed for humor to lift my eyelids!! Great job with walking!! ..Jan :) Have a good day!!
  • RogerToo
    Once again I have posted more Humor and a link

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 70 on the news channel and 66 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning with humidity in the uncomfortable range. We had a series of Thunderstorms pass through Wednesday Evening. Parts of NJ Had over 2 inches of rain.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/brain-burn-fat-on-switch-meal-scientists-find-weight-loss-health-diet-eating-a7871366.html
    Brain 'on switch' for burning fat after meal discovered by scientists
    The finding could eventually lead to breakthrough treatments for obesity
    Andrew Griffin

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/01/four-major-us-cities-ring-housing-bubble-alarm.html
    Four major US cities ring housing bubble alarm
    Home prices in Denver, Houston, Miami and the Washington, D.C., metro area are now considered overvalued.
    Some previously hot markets, such as San Francisco and the New York City metropolitan area, are cooling down.
    Low mortgage rates are keeping the market affordable from a monthly perspective, but affordability will likely become a much bigger challenge in the coming years.
    Diana Olick 21 Hours Ago

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crime-courts/2017/07/31/entire-sand-point-police-department-quits/
    This Aleutian town has lost its entire police department
    Author: Michelle Theriault Boots clock Updated: 22 hours ago calendar Published 1 day ago

Tuesday 1 August 2017 17:51 BST

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!!

You are right! I do have a high water table now that you mention it!

I did get the grass cut as the yard guys finally came. They were kind of a week late. The grass got pretty high! So glad it is cut! I do need to get out and water today. I am putching.. doing little things around the house! I fell asleep really late for some reason, and woke early. That does not make me too ambitious! I did get a few things trimmed in the back yard! I really want to fall asleep more than anything else!!

Crazy news!! And so glad the naked guy was not from Alabama!! The people not wanting to take drug tests does not surprise me...sorry to say!!

Headed for humor to lift my eyelids!! Great job with walking!! ..Jan :) Have a good day!!

Hi Jan
    Knock wood, we should not need to water for a couple more days...

I was not surprised about the drug tests either.

Much of the day was gloomy here and then towards late afternoon once the Thunderstorms were done going through this area the Sun cam out, The temperature dropped down to 72 outside with a low humidity. However as the evening progressed the humidity rose once again.

It is nice not to have to water.

Congratulations on
    8 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 8/02/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited August 2017
    Hello!!

Really interesting article on the brain and its' off and on switch. I am thinking obese people have been saying that for years. Eating is complex and so are the reasons for overeating. But it is funny they concentrate so little on the fact your brain sometimes just fights to keep itself where it is at. I think my brain fights me!! Lol! :#

The police article was interesting just because you could glimpse into another life. Alaska is sure different than any other state!!

Real estate has been crazy the last 50 years. Greed seemed to fuel the industry. I think they all got rich by taking advantage of the general public. Most peoples wages are not on the level the rise in property prices justifies. Probably true of many big ticket items...

It is pretty outside. It is kind of cloudy here which is nice. The yard guys cut a little more than usual, that was great. I need to get out there and do some of my own.

It won't be today however. I am going out with some ladies to a cafe, which has some farm to table fresh items. I have not been before. It is a little pricey as entrees run around $25.00. for here anyway, lol! I know I am planning on having eggplant parmesan! Most of the days' calories! So being good for lunch with a protein shake!

My batteries came for my scale. How convenient I could not weigh!! I will actually be so glad to be able to again!! I was without it about 6 days. Much of the Amazon stuff delivered by other companies is delivered pretty fast- way before the date they say. It is a pleasure doing business with them . Today is my delivery day! I also got my larger dehumidifier, my 2 rugs, and my humidity monitor. A fun day, all in all!! And all delivered in about a half hour of everything!! Lots to work on now!! :)

I am missing Val's posts! It has been a while!! :| ...Stay safe!!! Keep walking!!! ....Jan
  • RogerToo
    More Humor today

I will be back later to reply to the posts, Need to run :(

Hi
    I did some walking + 10 Cents, The temperature this morning was 73 on the news channel and 73 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning with humidity in the uncomfortable range.
    We had a thunderstorm roll through yesterday afternoon and another one this morning Before I went for my coffee.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one, it depends on how they are doing it.
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/08/01/school-district-launches-high-tech-way-to-track-students/
    School District Launches High-Tech Way To Track Students
    August 1, 2017 6:42 PM By Yona Gavino

For someone pushing a green agenda this seems wrong IMO
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/02/exclusive-al-gores-home-devours-34-times-more-electricity-than-average-u-s-household/
    EXCLUSIVE: Al Gore’s Home Devours 34 Times More Electricity Than Average U.S. Household
    Drew Johnson Senior Fellow, National Center for Public Policy Research
    10:39 AM 08/02/201
    Excerpt:
    On Friday, Al Gore’s sequel to “An Inconvenient Truth” – “An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power” – arrives in movie theaters across the country. But there’s another inconvenient sequel worth noting and, like most sequels, this one is even worse than the original.

Gore’s hypocritical home energy use and “do as I say not as I do” lifestyle has plunged to embarrassing new depths.

In just this past year, Gore burned through enough energy to power the typical American household for more than 21 years, according to a new report by the National Center for Public Policy Research. The former vice president consumed 230,889 kilowatt hours (kWh) at his Nashville residence, which includes his home, pool and driveway entry gate electricity meters. A typical family uses an average of 10,812 kWh of electricity per year, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!!

Really interesting article on the brain and its' off and on switch. I am thinking obese people have been saying that for years. Eating is complex and so are the reasons for overeating. But it is funny they concentrate so little on the fact your brain sometimes just fights to keep itself where it is at. I think my brain fights me!! Lol! :#

The police article was interesting just because you could glimpse into another life. Alaska is sure different than any other state!!

Real estate has been crazy the last 50 years. Greed seemed to fuel the industry. I think they all got rich by taking advantage of the general public. Most peoples wages are not on the level the rise in property prices justifies. Probably true of many big ticket items...
    Hi Jan
    I suspect You are right, From what I have read the Increase in wages is a much lower percentage than house prices.

I know that too many carbs triggers me to keep on eating :(
    It is pretty outside. It is kind of cloudy here which is nice. The yard guys cut a little more than usual, that was great. I need to get out there and do some of my own.

It won't be today however. I am going out with some ladies to a cafe, which has some farm to table fresh items. I have not been before. It is a little pricey as entrees run around $25.00. for here anyway, lol! I know I am planning on having eggplant parmesan! Most of the days' calories! So being good for lunch with a protein shake!

My batteries came for my scale. How convenient I could not weigh!! I will actually be so glad to be able to again!! I was without it about 6 days. Much of the Amazon stuff delivered by other companies is delivered pretty fast- way before the date they say. It is a pleasure doing business with them . Today is my delivery day! I also got my larger dehumidifier, my 2 rugs, and my humidity monitor. A fun day, all in all!! And all delivered in about a half hour of everything!! Lots to work on now!! :)

I am missing Val's posts! It has been a while!! :| ...Stay safe!!! Keep walking!!! ....Jan

Pricey is not near what that price suggests to me !
    I think if I was going to have anything Parm it would have been Chicken or Veal...

I have noticed that most things come on or before the date too. The ones that come on the delivery date are the ones that Amazon delivers direct. They are doing a mix of deliveries from their warehouses, USPS and Their own trucks with the occasional Other service such as UPS.

Congratulation on this:
    20 hours ago
    burned 226 calories doing 30 minutes of Gardening, general
    And
    9 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 8/03/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!!

Well, what a night! I enjoyed the ladies. The restaurant was strange. You would have to understand what a one horse behind times city it is in. Trust me, there is no fine dining in this little town of Wetumpka. The fried food was delicious. The restaurant is in an old warehouse and is done up beautifully! The people are really nice. We are a group of 27, so I do have to give a little latitude there. The salad and bread were good. We always had to ask for more tea, more water. The waiters run down a whole staircase to give an item. Our guy only did one item at a time. He would bring a water refill, then we would have to catch him for the rest of the people at the table. We asked 2x for extra bread, then had to ask for butter when he could be caught. It was between 25 minutes- 30 minutes each between water, drinks, and salad, and bread, then entree. Two people at my table were half way done eating before the other two of us got food. I had barely started to eat when others were getting doggie bags. So I ended up packing half of my food, when I had really just begun eating and was hungry!!. I had wanted dessert, but no one offered or seem to get any. I do not know if because the dinner was so stretched out or what. And people just seemed to have to go. It was the strangest meal ever. I might go back one day just to see what it might be like normally. They did have us and the other customers. From the reviews, this is just their way though, lol.They have been in business 16 years. Plus our server was the one written up as none so good, lol! My eggplant medallions sat on top of angel hair pasta. The sauce was good on the spagett, but not a lot of it. There were 4 shrimp perfectly cooked on it. The shrimp was good with the pasta as was the egg plant, but the eggplant and shrimp was a strange combo to me. I am used to eggplant parm with red sauce, so this was really different , but good. All their dinners were kind of wrapped around this sauce. It had mushrooms and onions, too, though I would have added more myself. Like I said, Good, but strange!! We spent a few minutes wondering why they did not just serve pitchers to people, or stock some items on the second floor. Kind of disorganized to me, but the weird thing is the staff and owners seem fine with the setup! :D

Val is alive and just swamped!! Good news she is alive, bummer she is swamped! She said she would check in soon!! :)

Going to Montgomery for doggie meds! And I need to get a move on, lol! Thanks for humor!!! ...Jan.. B)
  • RogerToo
    Once more with the Humor :)

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 76 on the news channel and 72 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning with humidity still in the uncomfortable range.
    We had a thunderstorm roll through yesterday afternoon and another one this morning Before I went walking for my coffee. It appears that there was a lot of rain overnight. I did get hit with a couple of drizzles while walking, They were not enough to make me put on the disposable rain poncho.

It just seems like some people have gone wack-a-doodle with this one.
    https://patch.com/california/hollywood/fido-fluffy-are-hurting-environment-ucla-study-says
    Fido And Fluffy Are Ruining The Environment, UCLA Study Says
    America's beloved dogs and cats play a significant role in causing global warming, according to a new study by UCLA.
    By Paige Austin (Patch Staff) - Updated August 3, 2017 3:14 pm ET
    LOS ANGELES, CA — When it comes to global warming, Fido and Fluffy are part of the problem, a new study by UCLA indicates.

Most cat or dog lovers would say they can't imagine living in a world without pets, but as the threat of global warming increases, environmentally conscious pet lovers may need to make some tough choices, according to the study.

Pet ownership in the United States creates about 64 million tons of carbon dioxide a year, UCLA researchers found. That's the equivalent of driving 13.6 million cars for a year. The problem lies with the meat-filled diets of kitties and pooches, according to the study by UCLA geography professor Gregory Okin.
    You can visit the link for the rest of the article.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!!

Well, what a night! I enjoyed the ladies. The restaurant was strange. You would have to understand what a one horse behind times city it is in. Trust me, there is no fine dining in this little town of Wetumpka. The fried food was delicious. The restaurant is in an old warehouse and is done up beautifully! The people are really nice. We are a group of 27, so I do have to give a little latitude there. The salad and bread were good. We always had to ask for more tea, more water. The waiters run down a whole staircase to give an item. Our guy only did one item at a time. He would bring a water refill, then we would have to catch him for the rest of the people at the table. We asked 2x for extra bread, then had to ask for butter when he could be caught. It was between 25 minutes- 30 minutes each between water, drinks, and salad, and bread, then entree. Two people at my table were half way done eating before the other two of us got food. I had barely started to eat when others were getting doggie bags. So I ended up packing half of my food, when I had really just begun eating and was hungry!!. I had wanted dessert, but no one offered or seem to get any. I do not know if because the dinner was so stretched out or what. And people just seemed to have to go. It was the strangest meal ever. I might go back one day just to see what it might be like normally. They did have us and the other customers. From the reviews, this is just their way though, lol.They have been in business 16 years. Plus our server was the one written up as none so good, lol! My eggplant medallions sat on top of angel hair pasta. The sauce was good on the spaghetti, but not a lot of it. There were 4 shrimp perfectly cooked on it. The shrimp was good with the pasta as was the egg plant, but the eggplant and shrimp was a strange combo to me. I am used to eggplant parm with red sauce, so this was really different , but good. All their dinners were kind of wrapped around this sauce. It had mushrooms and onions, too, though I would have added more myself. Like I said, Good, but strange!! We spent a few minutes wondering why they did not just serve pitchers to people, or stock some items on the second floor. Kind of disorganized to me, but the weird thing is the staff and owners seem fine with the setup! :D
    Hi Jan
    I wonder if it due to a combination of Kitchen size and the layout of the eatery.
    The reason that I suspect that no one ordered dessert is that with a long enough delay after eating You are no longer hungry :)
    I am ambivalent regarding the amount of sauce sometimes I do not want a lot and other times I want it to almost be swimming in it :)
    Lucky You getting the clunk server.
    Val is alive and just swamped!! Good news she is alive, bummer she is swamped! She said she would check in soon!! :)

Going to Montgomery for doggie meds! And I need to get a move on, lol! Thanks for humor!!! ...Jan.. B)

I have a suspicion You and Val will both be looking at the entire news article I linked above. So weird to me.

Congratulations on Your achievemnts
    20 hours ago
    has logged in for 365 days in a row!
    and
    7 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 8/04/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Cheers
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hello!!

You are right!! Not giving up my doggies!! I would not have thought the whole deal was that much of a problem. That is pretty bizarre! I can not see switching to fillers and do not know about other protein sourced on animals. They are pretty much meat eaters!

That was a pretty interesting article on Gore's house too. I could not afford a power bill like he pays a month!