Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Thanks for noting my year of log ins! At least I have kept some weight off! I certainly should have lost much more than I have. Maybe I can do better this next year!

This is part two here. I was so sleepy I took a nap in the midst of typing! I did not fall asleep last night till about 4 am. I should not have had the hot tea at the Chinese place yesterday! I had stopped for early dinner after getting the dog meds. For 7.95 I had the most amazing duck over rice. They also had stir fried cabbage over part of the rice, as well as a chopped herb mix which I think was partly basil. You could then mix it as you wanted. One of the best meals I have ever had at 1/5th the cost of that big swanky nite out! Perfection!!

Jenny and I stopped for lunch today, and she had beef with bitter melon (an acquired taste) and I had a cumin lamb. Both yummy. This time Jenny did her shopping in the store!! They also had Damson plums there!! Yummy!!!

Take care and thanks for the humor. I am headed there now! Keep walking the good walk!! Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Some more Humor today has been posted

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 64 on the news channel and 61 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning with humidity still in the uncomfortable range.

While out walking I stopped for 20 minutes and had two Eggs, Rye Toast and a few of the Home Fries :)
    That will be my entire mornings food.

I'm a little behind posting this info...
    Thursday I went to add some things to the iPod and no luck. So I tried uninstalling several ways one of which was the Apple way that uninstalls many things, in addition I removed all the left behind apple folders. Nope, Then I tried doing all that again plus editing every reference to Apple and Itunes in the Registry using built-in to windows a Microsoft tool and still no joy. Finally three hours later I threw in the towel and called Apple support :)
    It turned out to be a unchecked box that I had never touched. My guess is that the latest upgrade may have done it.

Now that I was able to put the new items into the iPod I am currently listening to Niven's 4 book Dreampark Scf-Fi series while walking having finished his Ringworld Sci-Fi series.
    If interested https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_Park
    More info from the link
    Dream Park is a 1981 novel written by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes set in a futuristic amusement park of the same name. It was later expanded into a series of books.

The books describe a futuristic form of live action role-playing games (LARPs), although the term was not in use when the original novel was published. The novels inspired many LARP groups, notably the International Fantasy Games Society, named after a fictional entity in the book.[1] A company by the name of Dream Park was founded in the mid-1990s to try to realize as much of Dream Park as possible, but eventually went out of business.[citation needed]

The Dream Park novels were written by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes. The novels set in Dream Park are:

Dream Park (1981) - Locus Award nominee, 1982[2]
    The Barsoom Project (1989)
    The California Voodoo Game (1992)
    The Moon Maze Game (2011)

The Dream Park series is set in a near-future Earth, the first book taking place in March 2051. Technology is used to create realistic games in which participants act out the roles of free-willed protagonists in various stories. These are role-playing games and foreshadowed many aspects of modern live action role-playing games.

I use Mozilla Thunderbird for email...
    Many Emails I hold the Shift key while hitting the delete key for permanent deletion. If not sure I only use the delete key and they go to a trash folder, just in case. Others I archive in a new folder within Thunderbird.

I also use a program called "MozBackup" That Backs up all the Content and settings etc. Customizable as to what You want to Back. I use it to back up FireFox and Thunderbird into two backups that can also be used to move everything to a new computer, restore the firefox backup for example and The favorites and save passwords are and add ins are ready to go in the new install, likewise with the Thunderbird backups.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hello!!

You are right!! Not giving up my doggies!! I would not have thought the whole deal was that much of a problem. That is pretty bizarre! I can not see switching to fillers and do not know about other protein sourced on animals. They are pretty much meat eaters!

That was a pretty interesting article on Gore's house too. I could not afford a power bill like he pays a month!
    Hi Jan
    Gore strikes me as a hypocrite using that much energy while Pushing a global warming agenda and preaching conservation. It is a sure bet that he is not hurting for money :)

I had a feeling You might feel that way with the Dogs.
    People that want everything and everything to work their way can be dangerous.
    This link is from Snopes http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/vegankitten.asp
    The horrific case at a North Melbourne animal hospital has prompted a warning about the dangers of people “forcing ideologies” on their pets.

Lort Smith Animal Hospital veterinarian Leanne Pinfold said the kitten was brought in this month by its owners, who were believed to be vegan.

She said the kitten’s diet of potatoes, rice milk and pasta had caused it to become critically ill.

“It was extremely weak and collapsed when it came in. It was almost non-responsive,” Dr Pinfold said.

The kitten was given fluids via a drip, placed on a heat pad and fed meat.

It remained in hospital for three days after which the kitten’s owners were given meat to feed their pet at home, she said.

Dr Pinfold said as obligate or true carnivores, cats needed meat to survive.

Dr Pinfold said she had not come across a similar case in her 11 years as a veterinarian.

Thanks for noting my year of log ins! At least I have kept some weight off! I certainly should have lost much more than I have. Maybe I can do better this next year!

This is part two here. I was so sleepy I took a nap in the midst of typing! I did not fall asleep last night till about 4 am. I should not have had the hot tea at the Chinese place yesterday! I had stopped for early dinner after getting the dog meds. For 7.95 I had the most amazing duck over rice. They also had stir fried cabbage over part of the rice, as well as a chopped herb mix which I think was partly basil. You could then mix it as you wanted. One of the best meals I have ever had at 1/5th the cost of that big swanky nite out! Perfection!!

Jenny and I stopped for lunch today, and she had beef with bitter melon (an acquired taste) and I had a cumin lamb. Both yummy. This time Jenny did her shopping in the store!! They also had Damson plums there!! Yummy!!!

Take care and thanks for the humor. I am headed there now! Keep walking the good walk!! Jan B)

Hey, I'll take whatever successes I can :)

If I said my brother like the Crispy Duck meal from one of the Local Chinese Take Out places...

I also Noticed this:
    yesterday
    lost 1 lb since last weighing in! Buttons61's lost 12 lbs so far.
    And this
    14 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 8/05/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Way to Go
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi. I'm still alive. Crazy week. My new boss made a fundamental change in how we do our work...to a system that I have zero information about. So, I went to the office to print out the 400-page e-book a friend sent me. And...I confronted my boss. When I pointed out all the things that she has done/requested that make ne feel like she wants me gone...she appeared truly surprised and she thanked me for pointing it out. She said they have no plans for layoffs in our group and that she needs me because I'm her star player, extremely productive, and well-respected across the entire company. I was supposed to spend my Friday birthday at the beach but...that got cancelled because if workload. I'm so tired.
  • RogerToo
    I did it again, More humor posted.
    FWIW the first image has more than a bit of truth in it

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 65 degrees on the front porch.
    It was pleasant walking this morning until it drizzled on me. There is heavy rain in the forecast for today with predicted totals from 1/4 inch to 2 inches depending on where You are in NJ with the lightest being in the Northwest corner and the heaviest being in Southern NJ.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi. I'm still alive. Crazy week. My new boss made a fundamental change in how we do our work...to a system that I have zero information about. So, I went to the office to print out the 400-page e-book a friend sent me. And...I confronted my boss. When I pointed out all the things that she has done/requested that make me feel like she wants me gone...she appeared truly surprised and she thanked me for pointing it out. She said they have no plans for layoffs in our group and that she needs me because I'm her star player, extremely productive, and well-respected across the entire company. I was supposed to spend my Friday birthday at the beach but...that got cancelled because if workload. I'm so tired.

Hi Val
    You have to love a boss like that, Not.

I hope You feel better after what Your Boss said regarding Your Status with the company.

Good Luck with the new System
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning all!

Congratulations Roger on <3 walking 90 minutes for 298 calories!!! <3 Awesome!

Val, sorry you missed out on your beach plans. You could be our family. We rarely seem to celebrate on the day, or we celebrate several times for one occasion! I hope you reschedule it, and still have it! That is important!. Yeah, at least you know you are valued while being worked to death! :# You definitely need something to empower and replenish the positive in you as your job sucks it out of you at such a high rate!! Kiddo should be headed back to school this week, too, I would guess? Hang in there!!!
  • Buttons61
    Hit the post button by mistake, lol...

Yesterday was busy with church. Apparently I am like my Dad. I got up 15 minutes sooner yet arrived to church 10 minutes later than usual. I was trying to get there early. I was still early enough to help set some of guest lunch up. I swear it would seem easier to stay up all nite, than for me to get up by 6am. The day was a disaster food wise as I had kiffles and donut holes for breakfast at church, and spaghetti for dinner, with apple pie, brownie and ice cream. I did eat little portions but all it did was make me hungry and I stopped at Arby's for large curly fries . It took till almost lunchtime for me to feel guilty... :/

Hitting the humor!! Thanks Roger! Have a great day today!! ..Jan B) Humid south winds!!
  • RogerToo
    I posted more Humor this morning

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 65 on the news channel and 66 degrees on the front porch.

It rained Yesterday starting more heavily late morning and was still raining at 7PM. According to the Cable news channel we had around .7 inches of rain. That means a couple more days we will not need to water.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning all!

Congratulations Roger on <3 walking 90 minutes for 298 calories!!! <3 Awesome!

Val, sorry you missed out on your beach plans. You could be our family. We rarely seem to celebrate on the day, or we celebrate several times for one occasion! I hope you reschedule it, and still have it! That is important!. Yeah, at least you know you are valued while being worked to death! :# You definitely need something to empower and replenish the positive in you as your job sucks it out of you at such a high rate!! Kiddo should be headed back to school this week, too, I would guess? Hang in there!!!

Hi Jan
    Isn't it early for Back to School?
    Hit the post button by mistake, lol...

Yesterday was busy with church. Apparently I am like my Dad. I got up 15 minutes sooner yet arrived to church 10 minutes later than usual. I was trying to get there early. I was still early enough to help set some of guest lunch up. I swear it would seem easier to stay up all nite, than for me to get up by 6am. The day was a disaster food wise as I had kiffles and donut holes for breakfast at church, and spaghetti for dinner, with apple pie, brownie and ice cream. I did eat little portions but all it did was make me hungry and I stopped at Arby's for large curly fries . It took till almost lunchtime for me to feel guilty... :/

Hitting the humor!! Thanks Roger! Have a great day today!! ..Jan B) Humid south winds!!

Been There, Done that. Just curious why not hit the Edit button and carry on?

Kiffles??
    I find that carbs make me hungrier too. Eat to many carbs and I lose control too. The only cure is to not eat them to start with.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

I did not think of hitting the edit till I started the post! It was just fewer steps! :#

Your weather sounds nice actually. I love it when it rains and I am home, or at least not on the freeway with heavy downpours! I am struggling to water as the humidity is in the mid 70's, so I tend to not want to go out. We look like we are readying for fall, but it is just dryness in places that have not gotten the scattered showers, like my place.We seem to have had about 1/8th of an inch this morning early, but I may still need to water here and there.

Kiffles are really nice pastries filled with usually apricot, nut, or poppy seed filling. Also cheese or prune. Mine were apricot. They are cookie size, also known as kolaches. We used to get them when I was little around my grandparents home, while there was still neighborhood bakeries of German and Polish descent. You may still have them where you are. They are a square of light flaky dough made with cream or sour cream, filled, then the 2 opposite corners are pinched. Yep, carbs do me in!

Sadly, school starts in a good bit of the south very early. My daughter had to show up for school Aug. 2 for 1 week of useless inservice. Neither the teachers or the students are any smarter for it, lol. The kids start today. No after Labor Day here. Dumbest thing I ever saw... enough said, lol!

Apparently I will be at the Dr. today. He will blow a gasket over my weight.... May May had food aggression from being starved out on the road. I also think she had to fight for her food when she did have a place. She has gotten much better, and I can feed her and Chester treats when they are together, and even chicken meat. She is very polite as I do it. I do always feed them separate in two separate rooms. I had noticed lately she seemed to be guarded more as she is eating. I chalked it up to the doggie door, which it may be, if she thinks someone will come in. She had also growled one time about 2 wks ago when I was fixing the food, which she has not done in a while. I had made her sit, after reprimanding her. Well, we were off schedule somewhat, and I was fixing a late lunch for me. I dropped a bag by mistake and she went for it. I did not want her to have it, (and was not paying the attention I should have!!! My fault for missing it!!) and was easing her off with my leg and foot, and bam!! She nailed me in the foot. The bag had fallen in a tight corner, where I also prepare the dog food and I just did not put it together fast enough she was not moving off, but guarding it within an inch of her life. I should have verbally moved her off and used her drop it command, or even the command alone and would probably have been fine. So...for my dumbness I guess I will be headed for a tetanus shot and antibiotics. Dummy me!! The kitchen looked like a bloodbath, and I was sure I had lost a liter of blood. In reality, it was probably more like 1/8 of a cup, but I had visions I would be calling my daughter to take me to the ER. I do have a nice puncture on the top of my foot. I do not know how she managed only one. The pain was awful, but she must have come to her senses, as there were slight indents but no broken skin in other places. :/ I was pretty shocked though, she has been so good about it lately. The few times she has gotten into trouble though, I did not catch it fast enough and I actually set up the circumstances myself, in retrospect. Perhaps not this one, but I did handle it wrong... Duh..live and learn....

The humor was pretty funny!! I loved the cat news too! Be good!! ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    Still more humor today

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 65 on the news channel and 61 degrees on the front porch.

Hmm... Devaluing the Diploma IMO
    http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9551
    Prof lets students choose own grades for 'stress reduction'
    on Aug 07, 2017 at 11:34 AM EDT
    A University of Georgia professor has adopted a “stress reduction policy” that will allow students to select their own grades if they “feel unduly stressed” by the ones they earned.
    Similarly, students who feel stressed by "group dynamics" are allowed to walk away from their groups without explanation, and will only be graded on "non-group work."
    The professor acknowledges that "this policy might hinder the development of group skills and mastery of the class material," but says this is each student's own responsibility.

According to online course syllabi for two of Dr. Richard Watson’s fall business courses, he has introduced the policy because “emotional reactions to stressful situations can have profound consequences for all involved.”

More info by following the link

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2017
    Good morning!

I did not think of hitting the edit till I started the post! It was just fewer steps! :#

Your weather sounds nice actually. I love it when it rains and I am home, or at least not on the freeway with heavy downpours! I am struggling to water as the humidity is in the mid 70's, so I tend to not want to go out. We look like we are readying for fall, but it is just dryness in places that have not gotten the scattered showers, like my place.We seem to have had about 1/8th of an inch this morning early, but I may still need to water here and there.

Kiffles are really nice pastries filled with usually apricot, nut, or poppy seed filling. Also cheese or prune. Mine were apricot. They are cookie size, also known as kolaches. We used to get them when I was little around my grandparents home, while there was still neighborhood bakeries of German and Polish descent. You may still have them where you are. They are a square of light flaky dough made with cream or sour cream, filled, then the 2 opposite corners are pinched. Yep, carbs do me in!
    Hi Jan
    We have been lucky that we have not needed to water much if any this summer, so far :)

If I said that the Kiffles sound a lot like Rugelach as far as taste.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugelach
    Rugelach (/ˈruːɡələx/; ROO-ge-lahkh; Yiddish: ראָגאַלעך‎ and Hebrew: רוגלך‎‎), other spellings: rugelakh, rugulach, rugalach, ruggalach, rogelach (all plural), rugalah, rugulah, rugala, roogala (singular), is a Jewish pastry of Ashkenazic origin. It is very popular in Israel, commonly found in most cafes and bakeries. It is also a popular treat among American and European Jews.

Traditional rugelach are made in the form of a crescent by rolling a triangle of dough around a filling.[1][2] Some sources state that the rugelach and the French croissant share a common Viennese ancestor, crescent-shaped pastries commemorating the lifting of the Turkish siege,[3] possibly a reference to the Battle of Vienna in 1683. This appears to be an urban legend however, as both the rugelach and its supposed ancestor, the Kipferl, pre-date the Early Modern era, while the croissant in its modern form did not originate earlier than the 19th century (see viennoiserie). This leads many to believe that the croissant is simply a descendant of one of these two.

An alternative form is constructed much like a strudel or nut roll, but unlike those, the rolled dough and filling are cut into slices before baking.[4]

Maybe a regional variant?
    Sadly, school starts in a good bit of the south very early. My daughter had to show up for school Aug. 2 for 1 week of useless inservice. Neither the teachers or the students are any smarter for it, lol. The kids start today. No after Labor Day here. Dumbest thing I ever saw... enough said, lol!

Apparently I will be at the Dr. today. He will blow a gasket over my weight.... May May had food aggression from being starved out on the road. I also think she had to fight for her food when she did have a place. She has gotten much better, and I can feed her and Chester treats when they are together, and even chicken meat. She is very polite as I do it. I do always feed them separate in two separate rooms. I had noticed lately she seemed to be guarded more as she is eating. I chalked it up to the doggie door, which it may be, if she thinks someone will come in. She had also growled one time about 2 wks ago when I was fixing the food, which she has not done in a while. I had made her sit, after reprimanding her. Well, we were off schedule somewhat, and I was fixing a late lunch for me. I dropped a bag by mistake and she went for it. I did not want her to have it, (and was not paying the attention I should have!!! My fault for missing it!!) and was easing her off with my leg and foot, and bam!! She nailed me in the foot. The bag had fallen in a tight corner, where I also prepare the dog food and I just did not put it together fast enough she was not moving off, but guarding it within an inch of her life. I should have verbally moved her off and used her drop it command, or even the command alone and would probably have been fine. So...for my dumbness I guess I will be headed for a tetanus shot and antibiotics. Dummy me!! The kitchen looked like a bloodbath, and I was sure I had lost a liter of blood. In reality, it was probably more like 1/8 of a cup, but I had visions I would be calling my daughter to take me to the ER. I do have a nice puncture on the top of my foot. I do not know how she managed only one. The pain was awful, but she must have come to her senses, as there were slight indents but no broken skin in other places. :/ I was pretty shocked though, she has been so good about it lately. The few times she has gotten into trouble though, I did not catch it fast enough and I actually set up the circumstances myself, in retrospect. Perhaps not this one, but I did handle it wrong... Duh..live and learn....

The humor was pretty funny!! I loved the cat news too! Be good!! ..Jan
    I wonder how comfortable it was in the schools at that time of year?

I'm sorry to hear that happened to You. Things happen.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

Your weather sounds nice!! I am ready for fall! We did get 1 1/2 inches of rain yesterday!! Really happy and I do not have to water. Always a plus!! I just realized you did not post a pic of your garden this year!!

That professor just sounds lazy IMO!

Yep, It is totally uncomfortable here going to class in Aug. The football team practices must really be fun!!

You are correct!! Rugelach is just a puffy version of kiffles, lol! They must have similar origins!

Well, I have a DR. excuse to be lazy! I got my tetanus shot which included a whooping cough and diphtheria booster. That was probably a good idea, since I am sure I have not have those boosters since in my teens. I am hobbling and can not wear a shoe for long, lol! Church will be fun!! :#

Nice job on the walking!! ..Humor, yay!!!! :) ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    And more images posted, some are even humorous :)

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 65 on the news channel and 63 degrees on the front porch.
    While I was out walking I picked up Winning Lottery Tickets for my Brother and I, I know they are winners as I told the Young fellow to make sure they are all Winners :)

Some interesting reading by following the links below.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-08/baby-boomers-who-won-t-sell-are-dominating-the-housing-market
    Baby Boomers Who Refuse to Sell Are Dominating the Housing Market
    By Prashant Gopal August 8, 2017, 5:00 AM EDT

http://freebeacon.com/culture/study-philadelphia-tax-makes-soda-expensive-beer/
    Study: Philadelphia Tax Makes Soda More Expensive Than Beer
    Tax falling short of projections, forcing Philadelphians to buy soda outside of city
    BY: Elizabeth Harrington Follow @LizWFB August 8, 2017 5:00 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/08/cruise-passengers-ordered-switch-lights-music-night-prepared/
    passengers ordered to switch off lights and music at night to 'be prepared for pirate attack'
    By Jonathan Pearlman, Sydney 8 August 2017 • 3:10pm

This one is just Yuck :(
    http://www.fox5ny.com/news/272599516-story
    Funeral home fined for reusing caskets
    Posted: Aug 08 2017 10:51AM EDT
    Updated: Aug 08 2017 11:21AM EDT
    MEMPHIS, Tenn

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

Your weather sounds nice!! I am ready for fall! We did get 1 1/2 inches of rain yesterday!! Really happy and I do not have to water. Always a plus!! I just realized you did not post a pic of your garden this year!!

That professor just sounds lazy IMO!

Yep, It is totally uncomfortable here going to class in Aug. The football team practices must really be fun!!

You are correct!! Rugelach is just a puffy version of kiffles, lol! They must have similar origins!

Well, I have a DR. excuse to be lazy! I got my tetanus shot which included a whooping cough and diphtheria booster. That was probably a good idea, since I am sure I have not have those boosters since in my teens. I am hobbling and can not wear a shoe for long, lol! Church will be fun!! :#

Nice job on the walking!! ..Humor, yay!!!! :) ..Jan

Hi Jan
    Ah Ha, I had a suspicion about that.

I hope Your feet bet better quick

So True, Even in September they must be sweltering under the protective gear.

Yea, for not having to water.

Congrats on reaching 370 days logging in.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning,

I did not make it to church last night. I just propped the foot and stayed home. In addition to the discomfort, I had my new dose of one of my B/P meds. I think it lowered my B/P too much. The bright spot was I got to drink a cup of real caffeinated coffee and felt better. He had wanted me to take 2x the amount 2x a day, in addition to the amount I was already taking of that med. I skipped the new dose last nite, and took the new pill this am, but not the old one. I will see how that does, and raise it gradually. I do not have to change too often and I forget how weird you feel when you change. The Doc doesn't do it gradually, and I forget it is better to do so! :#

Great job walking as usual! I headed for humor first this AM, after feeding the dogs and birds. It drizzled a little during the nite, about 1/8 of an inch, but I will take what I can get!

The housing story was a little weird, IMO !! What do they expect people to do? Go live in a garbage can so someone younger can move in, lol? They also did not put the blame on anyone on real estate charging exorbitant prices for the past 50 years that the average wage earner can not afford. That is just greed plain and simple. I do sympathize however. I am sure our unemployment rate does not really represent the fact many jobs pay so low, housing is not affordable. Only one of many messes!!

I wonder how much soda is in Philly? I do not drink it, but it must be pretty bad to be worse to buy than beer, lol.

And yes, the funeral home is just yucky. Well, I guess they figured they are dead and hardly lying in it for long. It is just creepy. That is a service which must be rendered, and you always have that need. But I do find it a little creepy. I do not think I could marry a mortician.....Just sayin'...... :#

Have a good Friday and week-end!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    And more humor too

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 70 on the news channel and 66 degrees on the front porch, FWIW.

Some interesting reading by following the links below.
    http://www.wdrb.com/story/36097070/teens-allegedly-stole-ice-cream-cake-from-london-ky-dunkin-donuts-as-part-of-social-media-prank
    Teens allegedly stole ice cream cake from London, Ky. Dunkin' Donuts as part of social media prank
    Posted: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 10:32 AM EDT

http://www.11alive.com/news/eav-gym-owner-makes-no-apologies-for-no-cops-sign/462861350
    Atlanta gym owner makes no apologies for 'No Cops' sign
    Faith Abubey and Michael King , WXIA 5:32 PM. EDT August 09, 2017

http://www.wdrb.com/story/36097457/man-arrested-in-iowa-after-trying-to-deposit-1-million-bill :)
    Man arrested in Iowa after trying to deposit '$1 million' bill
    Posted: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 11:07 AM EDT

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning,

I did not make it to church last night. I just propped the foot and stayed home. In addition to the discomfort, I had my new dose of one of my B/P meds. I think it lowered my B/P too much. The bright spot was I got to drink a cup of real caffeinated coffee and felt better. He had wanted me to take 2x the amount 2x a day, in addition to the amount I was already taking of that med. I skipped the new dose last nite, and took the new pill this am, but not the old one. I will see how that does, and raise it gradually. I do not have to change too often and I forget how weird you feel when you change. The Doc doesn't do it gradually, and I forget it is better to do so! :#
    Hi Jan
    I hope that working it in gradually works better for You.
    Great job walking as usual! I headed for humor first this AM, after feeding the dogs and birds. It drizzled a little during the nite, about 1/8 of an inch, but I will take what I can get!

The housing story was a little weird, IMO !! What do they expect people to do? Go live in a garbage can so someone younger can move in, lol? They also did not put the blame on anyone on real estate charging exorbitant prices for the past 50 years that the average wage earner can not afford. That is just greed plain and simple. I do sympathize however. I am sure our unemployment rate does not really represent the fact many jobs pay so low, housing is not affordable. Only one of many messes!!

I wonder how much soda is in Philly? I do not drink it, but it must be pretty bad to be worse to buy than beer, lol.

And yes, the funeral home is just yucky. Well, I guess they figured they are dead and hardly lying in it for long. It is just creepy. That is a service which must be rendered, and you always have that need. But I do find it a little creepy. I do not think I could marry a mortician.....Just sayin'...... :#

Have a good Friday and week-end!! ...Jan

I can not fault a older home owner for not wanting change. I suspect that in some areas the get tired of people knocking on the door trying to buy their home. I blame the developers, They do not want to build affordable homes only Mini mansions.

I found all those to be weird. So are today's news links :)

Not to mention that beer is more fattening than Soda :)

I also noticed this
    10 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 8/10/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Congratulations
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited August 2017
    Good morning!!

Maybe they should bring back the truth is stranger than fiction and apply it to the news for a new show, lol!!

We had awesome rain here, about 2 inches. It came down so fast we had flash floods. South of here it was even more, up to 5 inches. I had watered first, of course, lol!!

The foot feels much better now, as the swelling has gone down. Always a good thing!!

Glad they jailed the cake stealers. They deserved it for language and stupidity. Almost as bad as the million dollar bum. What was he thinking?? The cop story was just weird. That is a dude with some serious perception problems. Reminds me of the quote, "We're all crazy here!" :p

Have a great weekend!! ...Jan :)